Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: August BTBOTM - WWE: Where It All Begins... Again

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: WWE: Where It All Begins... Again

Jericho’s character is obviously going through a massive transformation at the moment and whilst I questioned the how/why it came about, the overall direction of the change is something I’m looking forward to. The spotlight and no catchphrases is very 2008, which I guess is kind of what you’re going for. I LOVED the symbolism of this segment though, as he goes through the process of burying all his greatest moments and merchandise. Tremendous stuff, including the slight digs at the fans in the process. RVD interrupting and getting some shots in after last week makes sense, and Jericho/RVD as Jericho sheds the Y2J character should be awesome. Great stuff to start the show.

LOL poor Kanyon… But Steiner was always destroying him here. No issues. The aftermath is the real important thing here, and Steiner immediately mentioning Goldberg is crazy, but I like the idea of everybody wanting the gold in some way, shape or form. Stacy turning Steiner down again, only for the forced kiss and the walk out was interesting. Look I kind of hope this has a twist because after the Test stuff, for Stacy to be in another one of these terrible working relationships would feel a bit repetitive. At this stage, I’ll reserve judgement though and give it another week or so.

Austin/Bischoff segment was another solid one here, and poor Lance Storm is going to have to deal with a Handicap match. I liked Bischoff going to pat Austin on the shoulder but then realising and changing his mind. You continue to channel their chemistry quite well.

The Dudleyz wanting revenge makes sense but they damn sure didn’t get it. Poor guys left lying again. I’m assuming the guy in the hoodie is Batista unless you’re pulling a swerve which is a possibility.

You continue to do a masterful job putting over the sadistic Kane, even in these squash matches. I mean, constantly picking up Cade and not letting the count finish to inflict more punishment is great, as was the attack on Jindrak afterwards. Great job with Kane in general so far and it continues here.

Victoria promo was short and sharp but did its job. It gave us Victoria’s reason for attacking Lita and it makes perfect sense.

RVD/Jericho for next week sounds good, but the attack here from Jericho was brutal. Not only does he take care of business and keep RVD down, but having Austin sit there and watch was a slightly creepy element. Maybe Austin could have tried to call for security or something if he really wanted this attack to stop? I don’t know. But this was effective use of Austin’s provocation clause, whilst showing how callous Jericho is becoming.

Victoria/Trish is always a solid enough women’s division match, and the DQ ending certainly wasn’t something I expected, but it flows well with Victoria’s unhinged personality. Lita coming out for the save only to get destroyed as well really puts over Victoria as an animal here. Enjoyed the touch of Molly showing fear as well. Tremendous showing for Victoria which is smart because she was being underutilised in real life.

Austin’s pep talk to Storm was interesting. Definitely watching this space as these Storm segments can’t be happening for no reason.

Shawn Michaels video is good.

As expected, La Resistance get the win here but Storm didn’t disgrace himself by any means. Like I mentioned previously, looking forward to seeing what this does for Storm moving forward, and La Resistance look solid enough after losing the straps. Good job.

New No Mercy poster? Awesome.

Shawn Michaels is now attacked by the hooded man? Clearly Evolution are taking out everybody here, which means they will have something planned at the end of the night. I can’t wait.

Maven/Mack built off of last week was fine, and I really didn’t expect Maven to get the win here. I thought he’d get the shit beaten out of him. A good win for Maven though, a very good win, but the aftermath was once again more interesting. Long ordering Henry to attack Mack as punishment is a new development, and I wonder what that means for the group… If anything.

Simple yet effective Evolution promo to hype the main event. I like that they distanced themselves from the attacker, but I also thought it was funny that Orton tried to pretend The Dudleyz didn’t do any damage, even though he’s wincing. Nice main event hype though, looking forward to it.

Goldberg/Orton match was a typical main event of this time period. I thought you booked and wrote it exceptionally well. I appreciate the extra detail for a big time title match to. All of the interference leads to Orton getting an advantage and then saving him as well, which puts over just how good The Berg is. The ending was to be expected and yep, Batista is back. Evolution end the night on top, as their battle with Goldberg continues. A good way to end the show, and I thought you handled the Batista return pretty well throughout.

Usually when I read a show, I find a few complaints just because I like to provide feedback. Couldn’t really find anything here though. A terrific show if I’m honest, everything did its job and the Jericho stuff was stand out, as well as having the return of Batista. You are definitely well and truly into your groove now, keep up the fantastic work.

Squash Fodder

Status

Nice opening with Jericho…I like this arc you have going on with him…defiantly feels I believe 08-09 Jericho when he feuded with HBK which I’m totally ok with…also, would have been totally ok with you keeping the Trish storyline as I loved that story. The funeral for Y2J is a good way to put the end to this part of his career. Liked the walk-through of Jericho going through his career with the t-shirts and the pictures getting thrown into the casket…. Wasn’t expecting the RVD run-in but I haven’t been able to tune in so I assume that they are feuding.

Dominant win by Steiner…. I wish Kanyon were used better in the WWE…he was so talented IMO…. I literally LOL’d at the “suddenly shouted for some reason.” Interesting having Steiner for Goldberg…I assume this is a enhancement feud for Goldberg. I trust what your doing with Steiner/Stacy, but I just feel that entire story has jumped the shark just due to the length of it from Stacy/Test to Test/Steiner to now Steiner/Stacy.

Good segment here setting up the handicap match….I love the way you write your promo’s as far as formatting goes…I want to and will try to steal the format…with permission of course. Great segment with the Dudleys and Evolution…The Dudley’s are a reputable team to get Evolution over…I love a good mystery angle and I assume if Batista isn’t in Evolution already this is him as I don’t think you should mess with the members of that group…something WWE got right.

Second “squash” match of the night, but its effective in getting Kane over as a monster… New team with Cade and Jindrak and they shouldn’t lose anything by jobbing out to Kane here… they are young and really havnt got a personality yet… Do hope for some character development from them soon.

I love when a heel is justified in their actions… excellent interview by Victoria to do just that.

Thank you for the explanation of why RVD attacked Jericho…the obvious match set-up by Austin and then a bloody good attack from Jericho. Great stuff.

Haha…the Molly talking to King was defiantly in character for her… A good out for both women in having the DQ from Victoria just snapping and going crazy with her attack on Trish…no one loses anything from this. Lita with the save is good and then the stare down from Victoria shows that her focus is on the title belt.

The segment with Storm makes me wonder how you are going handle the handicap match… Will Golddust show up? Will Storm take the beat down? Will he find a way to win? You have me intrigued.

Ahhh Storm almost pulls the miracle off, but taken away at the last moment. I wonder what is going on with Golddust and where he is… defiantly has my attention.

Holy Hell…. Iron Man between Kurt and Brock…. That will be a hell of a read… and you went 60 mins which I love.

Now HBK is attacked by the hooded man… this has to be Batista.

I was confused by Mack taking the loss to Maven here, but the after match attack from Henry shows why that booking happened… I think Henry/Long tandem is better than Mack/Long/Henry, but now you loss the Mack losing for Henry portion of that trio.

Good little interview…. Downplaying the mystery attacker was good…. I liked Orton calling Goldberg a legend, just to lead back into the legend Killer gimmick from Orton.

Damn…Smackdown rebound shows an F5 from Brock to Stephanie… I really need to stop missing shows.

Hell of a main event… didn’t expect to see a title change here and I was correct… good RAW main event set up for this time period…. As I expected, Batista is the masked man…. I love that you have put them together… Where is HHH?

Underdog

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by sebsy View Post
    This is getting a bit tiresome to say, but another cracking show!

Great pacing, each show feels really well put together and things just flow and make sense.

Figured it was probably Batista in the hoodie as Evolution don't need anyone else in the ranks, and he's definitely been portrayed as a dangerous animal on his return. Timing works nicely too with HHH taking some time off to lick his wounds to no doubt return when Evolution finally find themselves in real trouble.

Intrigued where the Goldust stuff is going. Not showing up and leaving his partner in the lurch suggests a heelturn, though it could be part of something greater and Goldust has been taken captive or something. Likely the former, which is fine.

Good to see Steiner seems to be going full on heel, as he really is an awful dick in real life so it's easy to hate him for anything he does wrong here. Personally I'd rather him just disappear!
    On Batista being the guy under the hood: Yeah, that was more for the "reveal" than the surprise. I figured everyone would know, but hopefully it carried more weight being a "moment" like that.

On Steiner as a heel and disappearing: I'm glad you are liking Steiner more as a heel. He's a much better fit as a douchey heel than a gentlemanly babyface. I don't think he has a hugely long WWE career ahead of him, but hopefully there's still value to him for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Opening the show with Jericho worked for me, coming off his big angle last week, and worked especially well with the way in which you opened the promo, in total darkness, except for the lone spotlight. I like the change in look for Jericho and the change in demeanour, setting this change in direction up nicely. I loved what you did with this ‘funeral’ for the Y2J character, dumping the old t-shirts into the casket. Really inventive stuff – or at least, it felt that way to me – I can’t think of anything like it ever. RVD crashing the segment at the end added some excitement to proceedings, and Van Dam had to be out there at some point for revenge after what happened last week. Overall, a tremendous opening segment. The highlight of the show for me.

And that’s not to say the rest of the show wasn’t up to snuff. It absolutely was. Steiner following up last weeks segment with Kanyon by beating him emphatically here was fine. Didn’t just feel like a random match, having something to work off after last week. I hope you find a regular role for Kanyon. Always liked him as a personality, and whilst I don't see him being a huge star for you or anything, he could be a useful mid card heel to have around.

I’m enjoying this progression with Steiner and Stacy, and especially the attitude of Steiner, as your promo writing for him sounds really authentic to me. Setting him up as a potential opponent for Goldberg makes a lot of sense to me, as you’ve already got their in-built history from WCW, with the added bonus of Steiner being able to brag about holding a win over Goldberg. Could easily be a decent Raw main event some week down the line. Not sure if Stacy walking out on Steiner is the write off for this partnership, or if that’s just her removing herself for tonight. I see this angle continuing on though, whether Stacy remains by Scotts side for now or not.

I’ll be honest, I found it a little peculiar that the Austin ‘no contact’ rule with the talent got brought back up after being ignored since the beginning of the thread. I had assumed that this angle was just dropped when you started this thread, and it suddenly being referenced numerous times on this show just felt particularly awkward, and not very subtle.

Moving past that, whilst it was fairly predictable that Goldust would be standing Storm up, I still appreciated you giving this angle a lot of airtime, playing out Lance’s plight throughout the show, and even though he was walking into a certain defeat, it was nice that you let him put up a bit of a fight at least with La Resistance. Given his interactions and pep talk from Austin, I felt that Storm’s stock was certainly raised on this weeks show, rather than just being the conduit to tell this AWOL Goldust angle – which he could’ve easily been in lesser hands, and used as mere fodder and nothing more than a jobber or a forgettable piece of the puzzle. Not here. While the Jericho promo at the top of the show was the highlight, the use of Lance Storm was my favourite character progression this week.

Again, though I’m using the word ‘predictable’ it’s absolutely not meant in any kind of derogatory fashion. I prefer sensible, logical storytelling over a swerve {bro} anyway, and if you’d revealed anyone else other than Batista at the end of the show, I’d have been unimpressed. Even though it was predictable that Batista was the hooded attacker throughout the show, it still had a big impact at the end, rather than you just trotting Big Dave out in plain sight from the get go. Thought the Dudleys came off a little better this week, going after Flair and Orton, but ending up on the losing side of the fight thanks to the hooded man.

Kane running roughshod again this week works fine for me. Until you’re ready to pull the trigger on Goldberg/Kane, this is as good a use of Kane as there is, keeping him as an unstoppable monster. It pained me a little to see Cade and Jindrak get steamrollered, as at this point when they started on Raw, I thought both guys could be something. That said, they’re still rookies, and as bad as they looked here, it’s not like they cant eventually recover from it. Plus, Kane is the priority. He looked beastly again. Mission accomplished.

Big fan of unhinged psycho Victoria, and this interview gave me the impression that’s where she’s heading again. Slowly but surely, the Womens division is getting built up here, picking up some steam, thanks to the return of Lita and now, the reinvigoration of Victoria.

As much as I loved that opening segment with Jericho (and Van Dam), I wished it had been left at that, as this segment and attack didn’t feel necessary and could’ve happened next week instead, or at a later date. Not to say it was a bad segment by any means. In fact, it was really strong, and put over this new sinister, emotionless, all business version of Chris Jericho. I just didn’t feel you needed to do it this week as that opening segment was – for me – perfect to be left at just that for this week.

She’s probably going under the radar a little for most, but for me, Molly Holly is consistently getting some of the best lines in this thread. Her turning on King when she came out for commentary was a great put down, putting the dirty pervert in his place. The DQ in the Victoria/Trish match was a sensible outcome to me too. No need to be jobbing out Trish or using her as fodder for Victoria, but you cant be giving Victoria a proper loss right now either. Plus, the DQ helps put over the psycho nature of unhinged Victoria, as does her quickly taking care of Lita too. Victoria showing no signs of saddling up with the heel pair too is a great move. Keeping her apart as a threat to everyone is absolutely the right way to go. Good stuff all round.

The fact we don't even get to see the attacks from the mystery man is a nice touch too, as it adds a sense of chaos and unpredictability around it all –whilst obviously, also hiding the identity of the attacker. Him taking out Michaels was a smart move too, as it would explain his absence later on when you might expect him to try and make the save.

This … came out of left field to me a bit. I had Thuggin and Buggin Enterprises pegged as a team that would be heading to the top of the tag division a few weeks ago, but the loss to the Superheroes last week and Mack losing to Maven this week, says that’s not the case. And I don't think Long setting Henry on Mack after the match was some kind of ‘toughlove’ either. That suggests to me it’s a clean break, and we’ll be seeing Mark Henry going solo from here. Slightly disappointed, as I thought they could be a big heel team, but at the same time, Henry is probably more use to you as a singles act – and another potential future opponent for Goldberg on Raw.

I liked the verbiage from Orton in his interview. The young upstart telling Goldberg that Goldberg had impressed him was such a big headed douche thing for him to say, which made it obvious – if it wasn't already – that Orton’s not short of confidence, despite facing the man that dispatched his leader. Good stuff, and more progression of the cocky Orton character.

Also, I was impressed by you having J.R and Lawler discuss the close of Smackdown last week. Adds a lot more importance to that moment, having the announcing team on the rival show get heated about it. Adds acertain degree of gravitas when it’s J.R putting an angle over too. A small detail, but for me, a very important one. That piece of dialogue between J.R and King made that moment feel so much more impactful.

Interesting that Orton got a good deal of offence on the dominant World Champion, and wasn't just fed to Goldberg. Clearly, he’s learned from Triple H’s mistakes, and learned some tricks from Flair, stalling at the top ofthe match to frustrate Goldberg into making a rash decision leading to a mistake. Thought this – much like the Unforgiven match with Hunter – was really smartly booked, and well laid out, but a much different match at the same time, working around the obvious draw backs of Goldberg to make it an exciting match.

Orton doing serious damage to the leg of Goldberg makes him look like such a bigger threat going forward, even if he didn’t win here. Him taking it to Goldberg (regardless of the outside interference) is a big thing for a rising star, and I was thoroughly impressed how well you booked this match to make Orton look good, whilst Goldberg looked tough as nails to fight through the pain barrier. Finish to the show was impactful, and ended on a big moment with the return of Batista, which will absolutely boost Evolution as a force on Raw – and just like Steiner and Henry, Batista is another one who would be a perfect opponent for Goldberg going forward. Plenty of potential match ups brewing here.

Evolution – minus Triple H – putting Goldberg down to end the show is a massive statement for the group, and as I alluded to earlier, I liked the fact that Michaels was taken out earlier in the night, explaining why he (and the Dudleys too) didn’t rush out to make a save for Goldberg. Very smartly booked angle throughout the show, and are turn is always going to have a big impact on a show. Really good stuff all round.
    On "the Wake of Y2J": Glad the funeral went down well. I wanted to do something to really get across his new attitude and draw a line under what went before. He was unfortunately a bit of a loser character by now, so hopefully by doing a segment like this the stink of the last year is gone and he's back to being refreshed and hot. He's going to be a huge part of this BTB going forward, as he should be...

On the Austin "no contact" rule: I had mentioned this a little in the past I'm sure, but it was probably really subtle and understated, like Bischoff using it as a line to have a go at SCSA. It definitely got more blatant here, which perhaps could have been more sensitively handled. It came up a little more as it's going to be an important story point going forward.

On Storm's stock rising: I hope this was the case. Part of the pre-Unforgiven issue for me was there waasn't really the time to do something like this. Guys like Goldust and Storm were so far gone it was always going to take a bit of work to re-heat them. Although it's early in this story, I'm glad it seems to be having the intended consequence.

On JR and King talking about Smackdown: I don't typically love man-on-woman violence in wrestling, but I'm okay with it as long as the context is right. In this case, I felt it was an important story progression point as long as it's given the right focus. If it's a throwaway thing I'm not keen, but if it's something portrayed as a huge and totally disgusting act, I think it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Jericho’s character is obviously going through a massive transformation at the moment and whilst I questioned the how/why it came about, the overall direction of the change is something I’m looking forward to. The spotlight and no catchphrases is very 2008, which I guess is kind of what you’re going for. I LOVED the symbolism of this segment though, as he goes through the process of burying all his greatest moments and merchandise. Tremendous stuff, including the slight digs at the fans in the process. RVD interrupting and getting some shots in after last week makes sense, and Jericho/RVD as Jericho sheds the Y2J character should be awesome. Great stuff to start the show.

LOL poor Kanyon… But Steiner was always destroying him here. No issues. The aftermath is the real important thing here, and Steiner immediately mentioning Goldberg is crazy, but I like the idea of everybody wanting the gold in some way, shape or form. Stacy turning Steiner down again, only for the forced kiss and the walk out was interesting. Look I kind of hope this has a twist because after the Test stuff, for Stacy to be in another one of these terrible working relationships would feel a bit repetitive. At this stage, I’ll reserve judgement though and give it another week or so.

Austin/Bischoff segment was another solid one here, and poor Lance Storm is going to have to deal with a Handicap match. I liked Bischoff going to pat Austin on the shoulder but then realising and changing his mind. You continue to channel their chemistry quite well.

The Dudleyz wanting revenge makes sense but they damn sure didn’t get it. Poor guys left lying again. I’m assuming the guy in the hoodie is Batista unless you’re pulling a swerve which is a possibility.

You continue to do a masterful job putting over the sadistic Kane, even in these squash matches. I mean, constantly picking up Cade and not letting the count finish to inflict more punishment is great, as was the attack on Jindrak afterwards. Great job with Kane in general so far and it continues here.

Victoria promo was short and sharp but did its job. It gave us Victoria’s reason for attacking Lita and it makes perfect sense.

RVD/Jericho for next week sounds good, but the attack here from Jericho was brutal. Not only does he take care of business and keep RVD down, but having Austin sit there and watch was a slightly creepy element. Maybe Austin could have tried to call for security or something if he really wanted this attack to stop? I don’t know. But this was effective use of Austin’s provocation clause, whilst showing how callous Jericho is becoming.

Victoria/Trish is always a solid enough women’s division match, and the DQ ending certainly wasn’t something I expected, but it flows well with Victoria’s unhinged personality. Lita coming out for the save only to get destroyed as well really puts over Victoria as an animal here. Enjoyed the touch of Molly showing fear as well. Tremendous showing for Victoria which is smart because she was being underutilised in real life.

Austin’s pep talk to Storm was interesting. Definitely watching this space as these Storm segments can’t be happening for no reason.

Shawn Michaels video is good.

As expected, La Resistance get the win here but Storm didn’t disgrace himself by any means. Like I mentioned previously, looking forward to seeing what this does for Storm moving forward, and La Resistance look solid enough after losing the straps. Good job.

New No Mercy poster? Awesome.

Shawn Michaels is now attacked by the hooded man? Clearly Evolution are taking out everybody here, which means they will have something planned at the end of the night. I can’t wait.

Maven/Mack built off of last week was fine, and I really didn’t expect Maven to get the win here. I thought he’d get the shit beaten out of him. A good win for Maven though, a very good win, but the aftermath was once again more interesting. Long ordering Henry to attack Mack as punishment is a new development, and I wonder what that means for the group… If anything.

Simple yet effective Evolution promo to hype the main event. I like that they distanced themselves from the attacker, but I also thought it was funny that Orton tried to pretend The Dudleyz didn’t do any damage, even though he’s wincing. Nice main event hype though, looking forward to it.

Goldberg/Orton match was a typical main event of this time period. I thought you booked and wrote it exceptionally well. I appreciate the extra detail for a big time title match to. All of the interference leads to Orton getting an advantage and then saving him as well, which puts over just how good The Berg is. The ending was to be expected and yep, Batista is back. Evolution end the night on top, as their battle with Goldberg continues. A good way to end the show, and I thought you handled the Batista return pretty well throughout.

Usually when I read a show, I find a few complaints just because I like to provide feedback. Couldn’t really find anything here though. A terrific show if I’m honest, everything did its job and the Jericho stuff was stand out, as well as having the return of Batista. You are definitely well and truly into your groove now, keep up the fantastic work.
    On Steiner and Stacy: Yeah, I don't want to get too repetitive with booking. A slight corner I was backed in to was that I had to pay off the Test angle, preferably with Stacy and Test breaking it off, but was then left with the prospect of Stacy and Steiner, which doesn't seem preferable to what came before. It's a story I feel for character purposes has to happen (it wouldn't make sense to not tell this storyline), but hopefully you stick with me and trust it's going somewhere that'll hopefully be better than the whole Test/Stacy/Steiner angle that pretty much took up the entire year.

On Kane being booked like a monster: I'm so glad people are enjoying his portrayal. I feel like his credibility died as a top talent after the unmasking by feuding forever with Shane then being scared of 'Taker. One of my key goals for this BTB was to get his booking right (same with Jericho and Goldberg), so pleased to see you're a fan of it.

On the new No Mercy poster: Raye did that for me, and he did a great job. Nailed exactly what I was after. Really good work.

On Victoria getting a push: I think the WWE were lucky that they had Trish and Lita, two of the biggest female stars in history, at the same time, because their booking of women was terrible for quite a while. They actually had some great talent in there (I'm a huge Molly fan, and Victoria and Gail were great too), but they weren't given proper storylines. It always became "two women are being bitchy to each other" or "X is jealous of Y", which is just super lazy. They've got these huge stars in Lita and Trish, the division deserves to be given proper angles fans can get behind. That's what I'm building to, but like anything it takes time. Hopefully Victoria has credibility to be a part of things as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmc123 View Post
    Nice opening with Jericho…I like this arc you have going on with him…defiantly feels I believe 08-09 Jericho when he feuded with HBK which I’m totally ok with…also, would have been totally ok with you keeping the Trish storyline as I loved that story. The funeral for Y2J is a good way to put the end to this part of his career. Liked the walk-through of Jericho going through his career with the t-shirts and the pictures getting thrown into the casket…. Wasn’t expecting the RVD run-in but I haven’t been able to tune in so I assume that they are feuding.

Dominant win by Steiner…. I wish Kanyon were used better in the WWE…he was so talented IMO…. I literally LOL’d at the “suddenly shouted for some reason.” Interesting having Steiner for Goldberg…I assume this is a enhancement feud for Goldberg. I trust what your doing with Steiner/Stacy, but I just feel that entire story has jumped the shark just due to the length of it from Stacy/Test to Test/Steiner to now Steiner/Stacy.

Good segment here setting up the handicap match….I love the way you write your promo’s as far as formatting goes…I want to and will try to steal the format…with permission of course. Great segment with the Dudleys and Evolution…The Dudley’s are a reputable team to get Evolution over…I love a good mystery angle and I assume if Batista isn’t in Evolution already this is him as I don’t think you should mess with the members of that group…something WWE got right.

Second “squash” match of the night, but its effective in getting Kane over as a monster… New team with Cade and Jindrak and they shouldn’t lose anything by jobbing out to Kane here… they are young and really havnt got a personality yet… Do hope for some character development from them soon.

I love when a heel is justified in their actions… excellent interview by Victoria to do just that.

Thank you for the explanation of why RVD attacked Jericho…the obvious match set-up by Austin and then a bloody good attack from Jericho. Great stuff.

Haha…the Molly talking to King was defiantly in character for her… A good out for both women in having the DQ from Victoria just snapping and going crazy with her attack on Trish…no one loses anything from this. Lita with the save is good and then the stare down from Victoria shows that her focus is on the title belt.

The segment with Storm makes me wonder how you are going handle the handicap match… Will Golddust show up? Will Storm take the beat down? Will he find a way to win? You have me intrigued.

Ahhh Storm almost pulls the miracle off, but taken away at the last moment. I wonder what is going on with Golddust and where he is… defiantly has my attention.

Holy Hell…. Iron Man between Kurt and Brock…. That will be a hell of a read… and you went 60 mins which I love.

Now HBK is attacked by the hooded man… this has to be Batista.

I was confused by Mack taking the loss to Maven here, but the after match attack from Henry shows why that booking happened… I think Henry/Long tandem is better than Mack/Long/Henry, but now you loss the Mack losing for Henry portion of that trio.

Good little interview…. Downplaying the mystery attacker was good…. I liked Orton calling Goldberg a legend, just to lead back into the legend Killer gimmick from Orton.

Damn…Smackdown rebound shows an F5 from Brock to Stephanie… I really need to stop missing shows.

Hell of a main event… didn’t expect to see a title change here and I was correct… good RAW main event set up for this time period…. As I expected, Batista is the masked man…. I love that you have put them together… Where is HHH?
    On Jericho, RVD and Trish: Yeah, there won't be the Trish angle in here I'm afraid. I couldn't really do it without stealing outright, which would be a waste of 6 months booking time in my eyes. Hopefully what he has coming up will be worth skipping that whole angle. And yeah, he attacked RVD last week as part of this turn, which was why RVD came looking for revenge.

On permission to use my promo format: Of course! Go for it, dude.

On Victoria being justified in her actions: Yeah, I'm with you there. It's important to me that everyone behaves in a way that seems true to their characters and not just because. It occurred to me that Lita getting a title shot on night 2 back in the company would rub some people up the wrong way, which I wanted to tap in to.

On the Iron Man coming up: I'm psyched to write it to be honest. Love writing Iron Man matches. 60 minutes will make it long, but hopefully worth it.

On where HHH is: He lost at Unforgiven and took time off. It felt like a natural thing for his character to do in the face of a clear loss, given he threw everything at Goldberg and came up short. Kinda going home and sulking for a few weeks/months/years (TBC). Plus, it gives me the chance to take a few weeks/months/years to tell a story without him, which has been nice to give a bit of air to some other things that might not have been possible had he just been there the whole way through.

Smackdown will be up later this week if KOBTB doesn't take over...

Jobber

Status
      Country                    Canada

God I miss this theme song. This and the old Smackdown Rise Up! song will always be the best to me, I don't know if it's because they were there when I first started watching wrestling or because they are just that damn good. Great opening promo, you must either really love Jericho or have been watching for a hell of a long time to know the history of all his t-shirts haha, but seriously, that's such a great touch to have in a promo and it's so unique, I've never read anything like it before. I must note, I am unfamiliar with feuds you have going and what-not as this is the first show I'm reading from you. Van Dam/Jericho should be fun, I really hope you have Van Dam pushed sometime later on in this diary.

Good quick victory for Steiner. Interesting promo, can't really tell if he's a face or a heel, he seems to be presented as a tweener. Steiner genuinely just gives no fucks about anything and I hope that's how you intended him to come off here. I miss the perverted comments from King to be honest. I'm so happy that the modern day WWE has Graves on commentary because he's honestly one of the best things to happen to modern commentary in a while. Anyways, as for the short promo, curious to see where it'll lead for Steiner/Stacy/and whoever Steiner faces next.

So you've got Stone Cold in the GM role, interesting. Goldy no-showing? Hm.

Hm, I wonder who it is. Orton and Flair by themselves? Was it HHH or Batista perhaps?

Absolute squash. Kane was a monster in this period of time, like at this time as child, kids were legitimately terrified of him still, and rightfully so. I have no complains about him getting a monster push if he has one on the way.

Great set-up for next week and the revenge attack by Jericho to add fire to the match. I wonder if Christian will somehow get himself involved here. Maybe supporting Jericho and trying to not have to defend his IC title?

Victoria going apeshit and laying waste to Trish and Lita, I love it. Molly should be scared because if Victoria gets a shot at that title right now, it's a wrap. Wonder how you're going to go about the title scene from here-on going forward.

Good pep talk for Storm, I feel like something is going to happen though, no way he just goes out there and takes an ass whooping with no funny business of some-sort... or I guess I was wrong.. that's that. Guess I have to see where this goes on your next Raw.

Oh yay my poster!! Glad you liked it and that you're using it :D

ANOTHER ATTACK!! MY GOD. I'm starting to realize I don't know when Batista debuted, and I wonder if maybe this is him debuting if he's not already in your diary?

YES! Singles push for Henry incoming I hope! I'm so mad that Henry had an unfortunate injury and was never allowed to be World Champ when he truly should've been. The dude was an absolute monster around 05/06. I realize this is before then, but still, I'm excited for where he goes in your diary. Ugh, I'm super in favour of so many guys in your diary right now.

Oi I didn't even know Orton had a World Title match coming, surely the attacker will get involved again.

Good match, I really thought Orton might steal it with working on the knee and the hooded man lurking somewhere. My only complain is that Goldberg hit a superkick somehow with a really worked on knee. I'd get it if it was his finisher and he had to muster up all his strength to hit it, but I feel like it would've been better as an attempted superkick in which his knee gave out and he buckled down to the ground. Just a small complaint, and just about the only complaint I have about anything on your show, which was nothing short of amazing. Next weeks show looks action packed, I can definitely see why you got BTB of the Month, and you've got a new reader! Keep it up!

Underdog

Status

Re: August BTBOTM - WWE: Where It All Begins... Again

October 2nd 2003
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

We start the opening video, but are almost immediately cut off by…

“I'M ALL GROWN UP… NOW”

*** ALL GROWN UP ***

The Smackdown General Manager STEPHANIE MCMAHON bursts through the curtain and towards the ring, wincing as she grabs at her injured neck.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Smackdown," Michael Cole says, although more understated than usual. "It looks like we won't be getting the opening video this week, as here comes the General Manager, Stephanie McMahon. And Tazz, what happened to Stephanie last week was... well... I don't know what to say."

"Me neitha, Cole,"
    Tazz says. "I used to work in ECW. I saw a lot of crazy stuff go down back in tha' day, but last week... man. I ain't got the words, and I don't know when tha' last time was I could say that."

"You and me both, partner."

Stephanie gets in the ring and takes a microphone, and again tugs at her injured neck, trying but failing not to show any signs of pain. "I'm not wasting any time. Dad, I know you're back there. Get yourself down here right now and meet me face-to-face."

The crowd cheer the assertiveness of the GM, but there is no Vince.

"Come on, Dad. This show doesn't begin until you get yourself down here to the ring. I'm not going anywhere."

“NO CHANCE… THAT’S WHAT YOU’VE GOT!”

***NO CHANCE IN HELL***

The crowd boo as VINCE MCMAHON struts out from the back, arms flailing either side of his body, with an enormous grin spread across his face. He takes a microphone, steps in the ring, and faces his daughter.

"Okay, Stephanie," he says. "I'm here. What d'ya want?"

"What do I want? What do I want? What the hell do you think I want? What is wrong with you? What kind of a father would encourage two men to attack their daughter like that? What kind of a man would do that?"

The smirk disappears from Vince's face. "Don't question my manhood, Stephanie."

"Why not?"

"You want to know why I would do what I did?"

"I do."

"I'll tell you why I'd do that. I'll tell you what kind of a father would arrange for something like that to happen. A father who is sick of his children sucking the life out of him. A father who has built everything you see before you with his bare hands, and gave his children everything they could possibly need... and look how they repay him. Look how you repay me. You, Stephanie, quite frankly... you make me sick. You know why?"

"No, I don't know why. I don't know what I have possibly done to make you behave like this."

"It's because you think you're me, damn it! You think you are the next Vince McMahon. But you're not. You're not even the next Linda McMahon, and that bar is set pretty low. You think you are my equal, but you are not. You are not, and will never be... my equal. And it's insulting for you to think that you are."

"Oh no, Dad. I don't think we're equal at all. Because I could never... ever... do what you did last week. Or, hell, what you've done the last few weeks. You've made my life hell. And I just don't get it."

"You know what? You're damn right! You couldn't do what I do. Because you're not ruthless enough. I made this brand out of nothing, and you've driven it in to the ground. You've let the wrestlers take over while you’re busy flirting with Kurt Angle. You’re a married woman, you know?”

“Separated,”
    Stephanie corrects him.

"Married, separated, I don’t care. You’re not focused on your job. You have no control. No respect. This show has no class. And all it would take to bring it back around is some of the ruthlessness that I have to show every day, but you don't have it in you. If you had even an ounce of what I have inside of you, then... well... frankly... you wouldn't be such a disappointment."

The crowd, naturally, boo.

"Then fire me," Stephanie sighs. "If I'm that much of a disappointment, if I've made things so bad for you and this brand, fire me. But whatever it is you are doing now... T]this... this... this interfering in my business... this putting me in harm's way? It has to end."

"I wish I could fire you, Stephanie. Truly, I wish I could. If this was anyone but my daughter performing so poorly, I would have fired you months ago. Your mistakes are endless. You have supported the wrong people. You have failed to make the most of your biggest asset in Brock Lesnar, you-"
    he pauses as fans boo the name of the Number One Contender. "If I could, I would love nothing more than to fire you right here... right now. But I can't. Because I would never hear the end of it. From now until the day I die, I will be known as the man who fired his own daughter."

"I won't put up with this any longer, Dad."

"Then quit. There is nothing stopping you. Go back to your office, write a letter of resignation, and leave."

Steph allows for a slight smile. "No, Dad. I'm not going to resign for you. I'm not going to give you the easy way out. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction. You want me out of here? Then fire me. Otherwise, leave me the hell alone to run this show however I want. But no more of whatever the hell this is. This can't carry on."

Vince nods. "You're right. You're right. This can't carry on. Believe it or not, this brings me no pleasure. I don't enjoy seeing my only daughter hurt. I don't want things to be like this... I just want to never see you again."

Steph laughs at the pure villainy of her father. "So what will it be, Dad? Option A – you fire me. Option B- you leave me alone to do my job. Your choice."

Vince smirks. "You see, that’s another reason why you're not like me, Stephanie. Always thinking too literally. Too obvious. You don't think outside of the box. You see, there is an Option C here as well."

"Which is?"

"You versus me at No Mercy. You win, I leave you alone. I win, you resign. What do you say?"

Stephanie looks out to the crowd, who pleads for her to take the match.

"There is nothing I'd like to do more than punch you in the face... Dad," she says. "But I can't fight you. You are still my father, no matter how much I may wish it wasn't so."

"Then I don't see any other options."

She smirks. "Well, that's the problem with you, Dad. You're not creative enough. You don't think outside the box. You forgot about Option D. The match... me versus you... no way. You and I will never step in the ring and fight each other. But the stipulations? I kind of like those. So how about you find a representative, and I find a representative, and they face at No Mercy. Your representative wins, I resign. If mine wins, you leave me alone."

Vince bursts in to a fit of a laughter. "Really? You really want to do that? Fine by me, you've got yourself the match. But I can't wait to see who you find. Because I find it very hard to believe that there is anyone out there brave enough to cross this boss-"

“DEAD MAN WALKING”

*** YOU’RE GONNA PAY ***

Vince gulps as the crowd pop for the appearance of THE UNDERTAKER, who slowly stalks his way to the ring. He takes his own microphone and intimidates Vince in to the corner, then turns to Stephanie.

"You lookin' for a representative to fight your old man?"

She nods.

"Then look no further. I'm your representative."

Stephanie smiles and nods, and the crowd cheer.

"Now wait just a damn minute," Vince growls. "You are making a big, big mistake, 'Taker. Because if you don't win, your life is about to become... a living... hell.”

‘Taker doesn’t react.

"What’s the matter, don’t believe me? Okay, let me prove it to you.” He looks out to the crowd as he ponders his options. "Okay… how about tonight… in this… very… ring… you face the WWE Tag Team Champions... the World's Greatest Tag Team... in a 2 on 1 Handicap match. How does that sound?"

"How does that sound?"
    'Taker asks, and Vince nods. "That sounds to me... like I better win."

Kick to the gut! Vince doubles over... so 'Taker tucks his head between his thighs! He lifts him up... LAST RIDE!

EMTs and backstage workers file out to ringside to check on the chairman as Stephanie grins. She offers a hand to The Undertaker... and he shakes it! Stephanie has her representative for No Mercy! 'Taker opens the ropes for Stephanie to exit the ring, and they leave together while Vince is being loaded on to a stretcher.

"What a bombshell to kick off Smackdown!" Michael Cole yells.

"You ain’t kiddin’, Cole!" Tazz adds. "And it looks like we're gonna have a Smackdown without the chairman!"

"About time!"

Nunzio w/ The FBI vs. Brian Kendrick

This one has been building for a couple of weeks. Nunzio had initially refused the match with Kendrick, only to see the youngster upset Nunzio's stablemate Stamboli. Last week they both entered the Fatal Fourway to find the number One Contender for the Cruiserweight title, and Kendrick was screwed by the FBI.

This all becomes clear in the opening moments as Spanky comes flying out of the box, leaving Nunzio shocked as to what he has gotten in to. But Kendrick is young, inexperienced and a risk-taker. That combination sees him make a mistake, and Nunzio takes over with a variety of excruciating submission moves.

But Kendrick battles back, and as he builds a full head of steam, Stamboli decides to interfere... but Kendrick Dropkicks him back out! Palumbo with the Superkick... but Spanky ducks and lifts him over the top! But that all leaves him distracted for Nunzio to hit the Arrivederci! But Kendrick reverses in to a Roll Up...

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winner: Brian Kendrick in 4:00

The bell rings and Kendrick immediately takes off towards the back, not waiting for the FBI to enact their revenge.

"Look at the FBI!" Cole says. "They can't believe Kendrick has gotten one over on them again!"

"Spanky better be careful, Cole,"
    Tazz adds, "or he's gonna wake up sleepin' with the fishes, if ya get my meanin'."

"How exactly does one ‘wake up’ while sleeping with the fishes?"

"Or with a horse's head in his bed, I dunno. I ain’t much on organised crime."

"Well, one thing that might be getting ‘organised’ soon is a shot at the Cruiserweight Title for Brian Kendrick.”

“How long d’it take ya to come up wi’ that one? Even by your standards, tha’ was weak, Cole.”

We cut backstage to where Josh Matthews is stood by with the new Cruiserweight Champion TAJIRI, and apparently his valet, DAWN MARIE.

"Tajiri, last week we saw you overcome Rey Mysterio and become the new Cruiserweight Champion, but with help. What is the nature of your relationship with Dawn Marie?"

"Excuse me,"
    Dawn says, "any questions for my client go through me. The nature of our relationship is client and manager. I was watching Smackdown a few weeks ago and I noticed wasted potential. I saw Tajiri floundering, and it frustrated me to see. But it made me look in the mirror. Now, obviously I liked what I saw on the surface, but deep down, I was angry. I was wasting my career, getting in to scraps with talentless skanks like Torrie Wilson. My real strength is as a manager. I manage people, and I manage them from wrestlers in to WWE superstars.”

“So a few weeks ago, I began giving Tajiri here some tips. I helped him realise that he wasn’t being his true self. The Tajiri I used to know in ECW was disgusting. Violent. Dangerous. The version this company has created is a teddy bear. A teddy bear that would never make a name for himself. So now, Tajiri and I are working together, and you’re going to see the real Tajiri. And, believe me, you're not going to like what you see. Now if you’ll excuse me, this interview is finished."

Elsewhere, STEPHANIE MCMAHON AND THE UNDERTAKER are in the General Manager's office.

"'Taker, thank you," Stephanie says. "Really. This is a huge match for me, and to have your back means a lot. And through all of this over the last few weeks... thank you."

"Just doin' what's right, Steph."

"And I'll do right by you, too. Seeing as my father made the match with the World's Greatest Tag Team, I can't cancel the match. It has to be against them, and it has to be tonight. But what I can do is I can give you a partner, and make it for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Consider it a thank you, by way of screwing with my dad’s plans. Who would you like as a partner?"

"I don't need a partn'r. I'll do this on my own, like I always do."

"I can't let you do that. Really, please. Think of who you'd like as a partner."

"I'm not repeatin' myself, Steph. I ain't runnin' scared of those kids. Long as they're in my yard, I'm the big dog of it. And they need a schoolin' for helpin' out your old man through all this-"

"'Taker, listen. What you're doing, I'm really grateful. But this is my whole career on the line at No Mercy. My life. If the World's Greatest Tag Team injure you, then what do I do? I can't take that risk."

"Ain't no risk, Steph. I got this-"

"I'm not asking,"
    Steph finally says, far more forcefully than before. "If your career was on the line, I'd let you call the shots. But this is my career, and I say you find a tag partner for tonight."

The Undertaker sighs. "Fine. You want me to have one so bad, I'll do it. But I ain't pickin' anyone. If anyone wants in on it, then they're welcome to stand on the apron and watch me kick some ass. But if no-one comes, it ain't no skin off my nose."

In the parking lot, we see a car pull up, and out steps BROCK LESNAR to a huge chorus of boos. He grabs a bag and walks through the backstage corridors. As he does, everyone he passes looks down at him, whispering behind his back for what he did to Stephanie last week. Lesnar just smirks, disinterested in how his colleagues opinion of him has hit an all-time rock bottom.

That is, until he turns a corner, and finds himself face-to-face with EDDIE GUERRERO.

"You're in my way," Brock says.

"No, ese, you got it all wrong. You're in my way. Anyone who does something like you did last week, they're always gonna be in my way. These other people, they might whisper behind your back homes, they might spit on the floor when you're gone, but me..."

Eddie spits on the floor.

"I spit on the floor in front of you."

Brock gets in his face, but Eddie doesn't back down.

Eventually Brock lets out a slight laugh and backs away. "Okay, Eddie, I get it. You don't like what I did. But how about you do something about it, homes? How about you actually face me in the ring about it, instead of just spitting on floors?"

"You want a piece of me, ese? Then you got it! Me and you... tonight!"
    The crowd cheer. "But you better be careful, ese, 'cos you're not gonna make it to No Mercy once I'm done with you."

Brock snarls. "Neither... are you."

Lesnar barges past Eddie and continues down the corridor.

"Can you believe that?" Cole exclaims from commentary. "Brock Lesnar... Eddie Guerrero... tonight!”

Back at ringside, we jump partway in to the entrance of JAMIE NOBLE, who makes his way to the ring alongside his girlfriend NIDIA ahead of his Cruiserweight Title match... when TAJIRI jumps him from behind! What the hell is this?!

Tajiri throws him in the guardrails, in to the ring apron, in to the stairs and in to the ringpost, all under the guidance of DAWN MARIE, and all before the match starts! The crowd boo the new champion mercilessly as he throws the already injured Jamie Noble in to the ring...

WWE Cruiserweight Title
    Tajiri (c) w/Dawn Marie vs. Jamie Noble w/Nidia

And we’re underway!

Still the crowd boo the actions of the much-changed Tajiri, who immediately from the bell fires off those devastating kicks. Jamie Noble can merely try to stay in the match, garnering a positive reaction for the first time in his WWE career. Nidia tries to rally the crowd behind her man as Tajiri slowly dismantles him... only for Noble to catch a kick... Dropkick from Noble! And another! Tajiri staggers... Northern Lights Suplex! With a Bridge!

ONE...

TWO...

Kick out! A close call for the champion!

Noble waits for Tajiri to get to his feet... kick to the gut... he's looking for the Tiger Bomb... but Dawn Marie hops on to the apron and distracts referee Brian Hebner... LOW BLOW FROM TAJIRI! He lines up the Buzzsaw Kick...

… but Nidia climbs on the apron! She can't BELIEVE Hebner was distracted and missed the low blow! Tajiri walks over... and pulls her in to the ring! Nidia scratches her way away from him, trying to escape… Tajiri hangs on, so Nidia scratches harder… and finally releases herself!

BLACK MIST!

TAJIRI JUST SPRAYED BLACK MIST IN THE EYES OF NIDIA!

Nidia falls to the ground and screams in absolute anguish. Her screams pull Noble over, who sees what has happened and immediately starts to panic. He grabs the referees shirt and pulls it in, using it to try and wipe her eyes clean. He barks at the ref to send help as Nidia still shrieks in pain, unable to stay still. Noble tries to calm her as again he shouts at Brian Hebner to get someone...

BUZZSAW KICK FROM TAJIRI!

Jamie Noble collapses on top of Nidia! Tajiri pulls him off and makes the cover...

… but Hebner won't make the count! He's busy calling for medical help from the back! Dawn Marie grabs Hebner by the shirt and throws him to the mat, and screams that if he doesn't make the count, Tajiri will mist him too. Hebner, with little choice, makes the count...

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winner and STILL WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Tajiri in 6:10

The medical team rush to the ring to tend to Nidia, who still screams in pain. Tajiri grins manically as Dawn Marie lifts his arm in victory, and leads him to the back as he clutches at the title. Within seconds, the ring is filled with medical personnel trying to tend to Nidia.

"Folks," Cole begins, "I'm sorry for what you just had to see. I thought last week's treatment of Stephanie McMahon by Brock Lesnar was bad enough, but now this... I... I don't know what to say."

"I do,"
    Tazz offers. "Tajiri, you a me go way back. I known ya for years, so you know I mean it when I say this – you can go to hell! What kind of a sick freak would do some'thin' like this, huh? I thought I knew ya, Tajiri, but I guess I di'n't. But you were right to run to the back like that, 'cos if ya had stayed 'nother couple of seconds, I'd have come out there and kicked your ass myself."

"Damn right, partner. What the hell is wrong with Tajiri? Dawn Marie, that jezebel, apparently she's been leading him down this path for weeks now, but this is far, far over the line. Look at the poor woman in the ring. What did she do to deserve that? I hope you're happy, Tajiri. I hope this makes you feel like a big man."

We see several replays of the incident as the show grinds to a halt. The fans applaud Nidia as she is led to the back, still in a panicked state of shock, and only now does Jamie Noble awaken enough to lend a hand. They make it backstage where an ambulance is waiting.

"What's the word, doc?" Noble asks. "She gon' be okay?"

"Too soon to say,"
    one of the EMTs says.

"Jamie," Nidia calls out, panicked. "Am I goin' to be alright?"

"You're gon' be just fine, baby, just fine. Let's get ya to the hospital."

"I can't see, Jamie. Jamie... I can't see..."

We cut backstage to where DAWN MARIE AND TAJIRI are walking, the champ still clutching on to his Cruiserweight Title. Out of nowhere, REY MYSTERIO AND BILLY KIDMAN jump him! They beat him around the corridor until Dawn Marie helps him scurry away.

"You like beating up women, huh?" Kidman calls after him. "There's a lot more where that came from, let me tell you!"

*** HEROES ***

We cut back to ringside, we get the music of the WORLD’S GREATEST TAG TEAM, indicating a WWE Tag Title defence is on the way.

"Folks," Cole says, "we're going to continue on with this show. I appreciate some of those scenes from earlier may have been distressing, and obviously tensions are high in the backstage area. We'll keep you posted with any news we get on Nidia as the show progresses, but for now, we'll look to the WWE Tag Team Title match.”

"But who is The Undertaker's partner?"

“DEAD MAN WALKING”

*** YOU’RE GONNA PAY ***

THE UNDERTAKER makes his way down to the ring and climbs in, where he stares down with both Tag Team Champions. He glances back to the entranceway to see if anyone will join, but seeing no-one, he removes his shirt and bandana and gets ready for action…

*** WHATEVER ***

"It's tha Cripplah!" Tazz yells.

"CHRIS BENOIT seems to have come to the aid of The Undertaker!"

”We know Chris tends to do tha right thing, but goin’ against the boss here seems risky to me, Cole.”

“But don’t forget Benoit has been one of the group to stand up to Mr. McMahon lately. A chance to cost part of Vince’s army their titles must be an appealing option!”

WWE Tag Team Title Match
    World's Greatest Tag Team (c) vs. Chris Benoit & The Undertaker

Benoit and Undertaker show some impressive teamwork from the start, both using their high-intensity offence to not give the champions a moment's peace. It's only when the champions manage to isolate Benoit that they turn the tide their way, and are then able to lean in to every trick they know of to keep the ring cut in two.

The Undertaker paces impatiently up and down the apron as Haas and Benjamin gradually wear Benoit down, with the Crippler continually trying and failing to reach the sanctuary of his teammate. They work on the arm of Benoit, tying him up in a variety of Armbars and Wristlocks, and using diversionary tactics to keep the referee looking one way while they use each other to gain an advantage.

With Benoit clutching at his shoulder, Haas makes the tag to Shelton, and they share the ring... Haas stands behind Benoit... Superkick to the shoulder from Shelton... in to a German Suplex by Haas! They make the cover...

ONE...

TWO...

The Undertaker breaks up the pin! Haas slaps The Undertaker across the face... so Big Evil takes after him! But referee Charles Robinson gets in the way, telling ‘Taker he’s not the legal man… which allows Haas and Benjamin to stomp Benoit down!

They pick him up and look for another Superkick/German Suplex combination... but Benoit ducks... and Shelton nails Charlie! German Suplex on Shelton! Benoit crawls to the corner... TAG TO THE UNDERTAKER!

The Undertaker, having been rested on the sidelines, comes in and immediately dominates. He throws soupbone after soupbone, sending the champions sprawling. Shelton comes off the top... caught! Snake Eyes in to the turnbuckle! 'Taker off the ropes... Big Boot! He signals for the Chokeslam... and grabs Shelton by the throat... Haas charges... but is repelled by a Big Boot! CHOKESLAM TO SHELTON! We're going to have new champions...

But Haas has climbed on to the top rope… Diving Crossbody! The Deadman is down... but here's Benoit! Haas swings for him , but Benoit ducks… Triple German Suplexes! And here comes the Headbutt!

Benoit goes to the top, but Shelton grabs Charles Robinson and shoves him in to the turnbuckle, crotching Benoit on the top… and knocking the referee out!

HERE COMES THE BIG SHOW! He senses the opportunity with the referee down and storms to the ring... and pushes Benoit off the top to the outside!

But here comes The Undertaker! He punches Big Show off the apron... turns and bounces off the ropes…

… AND FLIES OVER THE TOP ROPE ON TO THE BIG SHOW!

The crowd explodes, but 'Taker is wasting no time. Big Show cost him a shot at the WWE Title, and he's going to make him pay for it.

Show looks to escape and shuffles down the apron, but ‘Taker follows him with a big right hand… only for Show to return one! The brawl is on down the ramp! Show tries to fight back, but he’s no match for The Deadman! ‘Taker pounds him over and over, leaving Show pressed against the barrier and covering his face!

Meanwhile, Benoit struggles back in to the ring. He gets up as Benjamin lines up a T-Bone Suplex... BUT IT’S REVERSED IN TO A CROSSFACE! Haas panics and pulls Benoit away... AND GETS TAKEN DOWN IN TO A CROSSFACE HIMSELF! Is Benoit going to beat the champions by himself?!

But here comes RHYNO! Rhyno hops the barrier and slides in to the ring... Benoit to his feet... GORE! GORE ON BENOIT! Benoit was nearly cut clean in half!

Shelton climbs to the top... Elbow Drop! And Charles Robinson is just coming to… Shelton makes the cover!

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: World's Greatest Tag Team in 11:17

The Undertaker, having seen his chance at the WWE Title and Tag Team Titles having evaporated in consecutive weeks, makes towards the ring... but the Big Show recovers and jumps him from behind! 'Taker took his eye off the ball, so Big Show beats the hell out of ‘Taker! The Deadman struggles back to his feet and turns to Show…

CHOKESLAM ON THE STEEL RAMP! DEVASTATION FROM RHINO! DEVASTATION FROM THE BIG SHOW!

And the result is the World’s Greatest Tag Team are still the champions!

We cut backstage, to where JOHN CENA is getting prepared for his match later, with A-TRAIN stood by, when BROCK LESNAR walks in. A-Train immediately gets in Brock's face.

"Yo, chill, Chewy," Cena says. "S'all good, homie. I got this." He stands up and gets in Brock's face. "Ya want som'thin'?"

"No, I don't. But I thought you might. I don't know if you saw, but I've got a match with Eddie tonight. Given you're taking him on for the US Title at No Mercy, I thought you might want to do a little deal. Do something to teach Eddie a lesson for running his mouth once too often. What do you say?"

Cena looks Brock up and down. "Yo, the only thing I saw is that stunt ya pulled last week with Stephanie McMahon. There ain't no way I'm hangin' with no-one who pulls that kind of thing, you heard? Man, I was pissed enough at A-Train for gettin' involved wit' that BS, but you hittin' her with the F5? Damn, homie, that ain't cool. I don't care who ya fightin' tonight, I don't want no piece of it."

"Is that so?"
    Brock asks.

"Yeah, that's so. That's as true as that tattoo on your back bein' of ya momma."

Brock gets in Cena's face, so A-Train gets in his.

"I dunno if you speak Wookie, Brock, but that's how his kind say ya need tah be gettin' out of our locker room, or the only type of Iron, Man, will be tha one I break one over ya neck."

Brock growls and backs away. "Be careful Cena. Your mouth is writing cheques your body can’t cash. Lot of that going around. And don't forget, last time you did that, I beat your ass with an F5 in the middle of the ring."

"Yo, ya need to stop talkin' about beatin' and rings, homie, or I'm gonna start worrying 'bout your tastes. Now get the hell out of my sight."

"I'm watching you, Cena,"
    Brock says. "You're pissing off the wrong guy."

We cut back to the ring area, where we're joined by BRADSHAW AND RON SIMMONS. They get in to the ring as Bradshaw grabs a microphone.

"There are two sorry sonsabitches sittin' back in the locker room that are on borrowed time. Last week, I was busy kickin' Matt Hardy's narrow yellow ass when those bald sonsabitches the Basham Brothers decided to interfere and cost me the match. Now I don't know if you boys still like to be dominated like ya used to, but get ya sorry asses out here and we'll find out."

Nothing.

"I ain't got all day, boys. You don't come out here and take ya beatin' like men, me and Ron and gonna come back there and find ya."

"Doug and Danny won't be coming out tonight,"
    comes a voice from the back, which is quickly revealed to be SHANIQUA, their manager. "They won't be coming out here for the very same reason they attacked you last week. You, Bradshaw... and you, Simmons... you're old news. No-one cares about the APA anymore. Both of you need to pack up your things and leave, because you have been passed by better, younger teams."

"I ain't repeatin' myself, girl. Either you go back there and spank ya boys out here to the ring, or I'll do it for ya."

Tazz laughs on commentary. "I don't think that's what you wanted to say, Bradshaw."

"You can go back there if you want,"
    Shaniqua says. "But you won't find them. And, as for all of that 'spanking' nonsense you speak of? Doug, Danny and I made a cardinal mistake. We let our personal lives interfere with our professional ones. But no more. What we do on our own, we do on our own. In the ring, we all have a laser focus on our objectives. And one of which... is retiring... the A... P... A."

With that, the BASHAM BROTHERS jump the barrier and attack the APA from behind... but the APA see it coming! That's what you get with veteran experience! They fire off on Doug and Danny, pounding them in the corner... when Shaniqua slides in... low blow to Bradshaw! Low blow to Simmons! Simmons stumbles away... Leg Lariat! Danny pulls Bradshaw to his feet... Legsweep/Lariat Combo!

Again the Basham Brothers leave the APA on the mat!

We transition to the image of Brock Lesnar wiping Hulk Hogan's blood against his chest.

"A vicious beast..."

Brock F5s Zach Gowen's leg in to the ringpost.

"… a raging animal...”

Lesnar roars and nearly decapitates Jeff Hardy with a Clothesline not long after his debut.

"...from humble beginnings..."

We see homemade footage of Brock as a teenager, towering over the other kids in amateur competitions.

"… to the highest heights..."

Brock stands in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania XIX, holding the WWE Title above his head.

"… a path of destruction left in his wake..."

We see the carnage Brock left on his debut, with the entire Hardcore Division taken out in one fell swoop.

"… he will stop at nothing to achieve his goals...”

F5 to Kurt Angle.

"… he will show no remorse..."

F5 to Big Show.

"… no regret..."

Brock stands atop Hell in a Cell at No Mercy last year, belt held above his head, The Undertaker bloodied and beaten in the ring below him.

“No Mercy."

Smackdown presents... WWE No Mercy, LIVE on pay-per-view, Sunday October 19th.

(Credit to Raye for the awesome poster)

* “SEARCH FOR: MATT HARDY” *
    * “ENTER KEYWORD: VERSION 1.0” *
    * “CONNECTING... ” *

“OHHH YEEEAAAAHHH!”

*** LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ***

Matt Fact: Matt has 33% more limbs than Zach Gowen

MATT HARDY (VERSION 1.0) bursts through the mat, looking a ball of energy. SHANNON MOORE tries to mirror everything his mentor does, as the Sensei of Mattitude gets in to the ring and grabs a microphone.

"MINNEAPOLIS!" he yells, to a chorus of boos.

"It's Milwaukee," Cole states, unimpressed.

"Meh, close enough," Tazz adds.

"This is a huge night for Mattitude," Matt continues. "A huge night. This is the night that I really put the strength of my Mattitude to the test. You see, I have faced all kinds of tests in my career. Ladder matches... TLC matches... Tag Titles... Cruiserweight Titles... Intercontinental Titles-"

"He's never won the Intercontinental Title!"
    Cole exclaims.

"Oh, who'm I gonna believe, Cole?" Tazz asks. "You, or the Sensei?"

"Me! I'm the one telling the truth!"

"I've fought at Wrestlemanias,"
    Matt carries on. "Summerslams. Royal Rumbles. I've fought at Madison Square Garden. In front of 93,000 fans at the Pontiac Silverdome-"

"That was Wrestlemania III!"
    Cole laughs. "He'd have been about thirteen!"

"But all of that,"
    Matt says, "was a build-up to tonight. Tonight is the very biggest challenge of my life. I am Hulk Hogan... and I will face my Andre The Giant. I am Buster Douglas... and I will face my Mike Tyson. I am David... and I will face my Goliath. But you know what those three men had in common? Those three men... Hulk Hogan... Buster Douglas... David... they too were Mattitude Followers! It's true. They listened to the teachings, and they overcame incredible hurdles to be victorious. I, too... will overcome my incredible hurdle tonight... and I, too... will be... victorious! And then you can all thank me... for having finally rid this company... of the nemesis that is... Zach Gowen. Thank you!''

"What is he talking about?"
    Cole asks. "He's fighting a kid with one leg!"

Loser Is Fired
    Matt Hardy (Version 1.0) w/ Shannon Moore vs. Zach Gowen

Gowen hobbles to the ring knowing he's been put in to a horrible position. He had to scratch and claw to just get a contract, and how he has one, he's got to fight to keep it. From the bell Matt attacks, viciously Clotheslining the youngster over and over again. The crowd boo the sheer viciousness of the assault, with Zach being given little opportunity to fight back.

But fight back he does, somehow, someway. He may only have one leg, but he battles back and nails a Dropkick, and goes to the top for the Moonsault... which misses. He struggles back to his feet... Chop Block from Matt Hardy on to Zach's leg!

"What is this?" Cole asks incredulously. "How is that sportsmanlike?"

"Sportsmanlike?"
    Tazz says. "The kid's got one leg, what'd ya think Matt was gonna target?"

Matt stomps away on Gowen's one leg, over, and over, and over again. Zach struggles to his feet... so Matt kicks him in the knee to send him back down! It’s not the most innovative offence, but it’s working… Matt then pulls him up… and NAILS HIM WITH A TWIST OF FATE! He makes the cover…

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winner: Matt Hardy v1 in 3:20

Referee Jimmy Korderas calls for the bell, and Matt falls to his knees and starts to cry. Shannon Moore rushes in to the ring and they hold each tight. Matt then shoves Shannon to one side and takes a microphone.

"I did it!" he yells. "I overcame all the obstacles put in front of me and I was victorious! I still have a job!"

Zach Gowen pulls himself up on the ropes, his eyes reddened, knowing his dream career has ended after just a few months.

"Good effort, kid," Matt says. "Now if we could all say goodbye to Zach in the form of a song... NA NA NA NA... NA NA NA NA... HEY HEY HEY... GOODBYE! NA NA NA NA... NA NA-"

Gowen Dropkicks Matt in to Shannon!

Hardy and Moore try to gather themselves as Matt complains about Zach having “ruined it”. Gowen ignores them, instead deciding to hop out of the ring and make hias way down the ramp for one final time. He reaches the top of the stage and looks out at the crowd, and takes in their applause of the effort he’s given them over the last few months, despite the most difficult of circumstances.

We then take a break for the first in a three-part series where we look at previous Iron Man matches through history. We're told that the first took place in 1993, the next in 1994, then in 1996, 2000 and nothing since then. In WWE, a Sixty-Minute Iron Man Match is about as unique as you can get.

We then see footage from the first Iron Man Match, which took place between Ric Flair and Bret Hart in 1993, at a house show at the Boston Gardens. The footage is grainy and hand-held, but shows the toll such a match takes on its competitors.

We hear from Ric Flair, who talks about having had long matches throughout his career, but knowing that a match will go a full hour changes the psychology of it. You doubt yourself. You know you need to pace yourself, but that sits counter to how you normally approach a match.

We also hear from Triple H, close friend of Ric Flair, who speaks of the regularity with which Ric uses that match has tough things he’s been through in his career, and has shown Randy Orton and Batista tapes of it as part of their training. He thinks Ric wasn’t the same after that match, and knows Bret wasn’t. He even suggests that maybe this match was the start point of all the things that were about to go wrong in Bret’s WWE career, although that seems more likely to be an unnecessary dig at Bret than anything.

But we finish off with the final word from Ric. ”That damn match,” Flair says, shaking his head. ”That was when I knew Bret was for real. I can’t even tell ya, pal… it's physically exhausting, it's mentally challenging, and it's the hardest thing you will ever have tah do in your career. Ya make it outta that match the victor… then you’ve got a god shout-a bein’ called Tha Man.”

We come out of the video with a graphic for Kurt Angle versus Brock Lesnar at No Mercy... in an Iron Man Match!

"Folks," Cole begins, "there'll be two more of that series looking at the history of Iron Man matches to come in the coming weeks. It's been over three years since we last had one in the WWE, and we'll see it again at No Mercy, when Kurt Angle faces Brock Lesnar."

"You ain't kiddin', Cole,"
    Tazz says. "Big time match at No Mercy for tha WWE Title."

"But right now, we wish to give you a medical update on the champion,
    KURT ANGLE. As you may remember, last week Angle took a Gore from Rhyno on the outside of the ring, then had to defend his title against the Big Show later that show. He's been for tests and it's been uncovered that, fortunately, his ribs are not broken. However, they are bruised, which has a 3-6 week recovery period. Now, we all know that Kurt has lightning quick recovery abilities, but even so, that has to impact his preparation for such a huge match."

"No doubt, Cole,"
    Tazz says. "But if I'm Kurt Angle, I'm just happy that I ain't got broken ribs, 'cos if those bad boys had been broken, there ain't no way I'm getting' in tha ring with Brock Lesnar for an hour. You ain't gettin' me in there with him anyway. Dude's a scary cat."

"You're absolutely right, Tazz, but bruised ribs are still a difficult injury. They impact your ability to breathe fully, and in a match that will go an hour, that is going to be a real challenge. As such, we do not expect Kurt Angle to be back on Smackdown until No Mercy, so he can fully recover in time for the match."

We cut backstage to where THE BIG SHOW is walking down a corridor, when STEPHANIE MCMAHON finds him and calls after him. He ignores her, so she runs after him and tugs on his arm.

"Hey, Show," she yells. "I'm talking to you!"

"I don't have to listen to you,"
    Show grunts. "Whatever you've got to say, it's not gonna matter in a few weeks. You're gonna be out of a job and you know it."

"I'm still General Manager now, which means I'm still your boss. And I want to know why you attacked The Undertaker earlier."

"Isn't it obvious?"
    he smirks. "I got off the phone to your old man earlier. He's okay, by the way. On the way to the hospital when he called. And guess what?" He leans in to Steph's face, towering over her. "His representative at No Mercy? It's going to be... me. Enjoy your time as GM while you can, Steph, 'cos it's coming to an end." He smirks. "Look after your neck… you don’t want it getting’ hurt any worse…”

Big Show walks on, with Stephanie left watching him, shocked at what she just heard.

"Can you believe it?" Michael Cole asks. "The Undertaker is Stephanie's representative... and Big Show is Vince's!"

John Cena w/A-Train vs. Rikishi

The fans always love the Big Kish, but they're coming around to John Cena too. He may not be a good guy, but he certainly has a code of honour, and it's one that Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon violated. But that's irrelevant to this match, which sees the big Samoan prove too big and, well, too fat for Cena in the opening exchanges. Luckily for Cena, he's growing as a competitor, and manages to overcome much of Rikishi's girth and dominate the match.

However, he makes the mistake of looking for an FU on his enormous opponent, but doesn't have the strength to lift him. He stumbles back, holding his locker back, so Rikishi Superkicks him! Cena falls in to the corner! That can only mean one thing...

"Get up, Cena!" Tazz yells from commentary. "Ya don't want that fat ass in ya face!"

"That seems kind of obvious, partner,"
    Cole says, "but top marks for accuracy."

‘Kish starts to back up, but hasn’t noticed Cena shuffle forward. As he gets closer to Cena’s face, the Doctor grabs him by the thong and pulls him in to the tunbuckle, sending the back of Rikishi’s head against the top turnbuckle! ‘Kish stumbles forward… Cena rushes over… Throwback! Rikishi struggles back to his feet and towards his opponent… SO CENA LIFTS HIM UP! He’s got him up this time! FU! Incredible strength from Cena! He makes the cover...

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winner: John Cena in 4:24

After Cena's impressive victory, we cut backstage to where Josh Matthews is stood by with the WWE Tag Team Champions, the THE WORLD’S GREATEST TAG TEAM.

"Charlie, Shelton, a big win for you both earlier tonight, although with some assistance from Big Show and Rhyno-"

"Wait a minute,"
    Shelton interrupts. "You implyin' that we wouldn't have got the job done on our own? Please. Me and Charlie, we had that match in hand. Them gettin' involved just took the shine off a clean win for us. Benoit and The Undertaker? They ain't no challenge to us! You know why? Because we're the best team in the WWE, and they ain't a team. There's no two-man combination in this company that can beat us-"

"Well, there you are,"
    BILLY KIDMAN says, walking in to shot alongside REY MYSTERIO. "You two are hard to find. I'd almost say you've been running from us."

Haas laughs. "Us? Running from you? Seems unlikely."

"Then why else are you ducking a match with us?"

"What's the matter, you deaf as well as stupid?"
    Charlie asks. "Did you not hear us last week? You, Billy, and you, Rey, you aren't a tag team. You're two guys who sometimes have matches together. But you're no team. And we're sick of not facing teams. It's you two one week. 'Taker and Benoit another. We need to be fighting actual teams, because that's what we do. We're the World's Greatest Tag Team. We haven’t faced a proper team in weeks."

"I say you're lyin',"
    Rey says. "I think you know we got your number."

"Whatever you say, little man,"
    Shelton says. "If you serious about bein' a proper team, if you done pretendin', then a'ight, we'll give you a shot at the belts. But we need proof first. We was talkin' to Mr. McMahon earlier in the week, and he agrees with us. But he said that, if you two really wanna be a team, then next week you two can face the Basham Brothers. Now that's a real team. If you can beat them, then you get your title shot. But only then."

This week's RAW REBOUND comes from the Wake of Y2J, where CHRIS JERICHO laid rest to everything about him the fans loved. He destroyed T-Shirts, photos of his biggest moments, every single thing the fans have ever used to connect with him over the years. He promised a new era of Chris Jericho, only for ROB VAN DAM to jump him out of revenge for his attack the week before.

Non-Title Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero w/Chavo Guerrero

Eddie comes in to this one as the clear fan favourite, having taken exception above all others to Brock's behaviour last week. He uses all his intensity, all his Latino Heat, to charge at Brock from the opening bell and to not let off. His strategy is clear – don't let Brock get any offence. If he does, it could be a long night for Guerrero.

Unfortunately for Eddie, Brock does manage to get his offence in. He overpowers Eddie during a Three Amigos attempt, allowing Brock to take over. He starts off out-wrestling him on the mat, then begins to overpower him with big, high-impact moves. Three Release Overhead Belly-To-Belly Suplexes are enough to almost pick up a three-count on their own.

With Eddie exhausted from the beatdown, Brock picks him up for an F5... but Eddie slips out... Dropkick to the knee! And another! Headscissors Take Down! Brock staggers back in to the turnbuckle... Monkey Flip from Eddie!

"The shoulders are startin' to shimmy, Cole!"

"I think Eddie is feeling some of that Latino Heat coming back..."

Brock staggers to his feet... Eddie springboards off the ropes... Tornado DDT! Brock is down! Eddie makes the cover...

ONE...

TWO...

Kick out!! Brock just got the shoulder up!

But Eddie's not concerned. His Latino Heat starts flowing through him once more... kick to the gut... Suplex! He keeps hold and swivels the hips... another... and another! The Three Amigos! Brock is out... so Eddie goes to the top!

"Eddie's feelin' Froggy!"

Eddie... off the top rope... FROG SPLASH... misses! Brock rolled out of the way at the last second! Both men to their feet... F5! NO! Eddie slides down the back and rolls him up...

ONE...

TWO...

THR…

NO! Brock rolled the shoulder at the very last second!

Both men to their feet... Lariat from Brock! Brock got a devastating desperation Lariat out of nowhere! Eddie staggers back up... Powerslam from Lesnar! But Eddie struggles up again! What's going to keep him down?! Brock drives him in to the turnbuckle... and thrusts his shoulders in to his mid-section over and over again. He stands up and drives his knee in to the mid-section, then climbs to the second rope... and starts raining down punches... so Eddie counter with A HUGE POWERBOMB! Where did he get the strength from?! And he looks to the top rope again...

"Eddie's not going for the pin here, Tazz, could this be a mistake?"

"I dunno, Cole, if he nails this Frog Splash it could be all ovah..."

Eddie starts to climb to the top rope... when JOHN CENA rushes down to the ring and DESTROYS Chavo with a Lariat! Cena doesn't even look at Eddie, instead choosing to beat the hell out of Chavo! Eddie looks at Cena... looks at Brock... and back to Cena...

… will he choose to win the match, or save his nephew?

Eddie braces himself on the top rope… just a few feet from Brock...

… AND LEAPS TO THE OUTSIDE ON TOP OF CENA! He chose to save his nephew! Cena falls to the floor as Eddie shakes the cobwebs clear and climbs back to the top rope… but Brock is back to his feet... so Eddie launches himself through the air for a Flying Crossbody!

Caught! Brock caught Eddie in mid-air! He heaves him on to his shoulders...

F5!

This time it connects! He makes the cover...

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winner: Brock Lesnar in 14:03

"Hell of an effort from Eddie, here," Cole says. "You have to think he'd have had the match won if it wasn't for John Cena."

"Cena was mindin' his own business on the outside, Cole. It ain't his fault Eddie chose to attack 'im!"

"Minding his own business? He was beating the hell out of Eddie's nephew!"

The match may be over, but Brock isn't done. He rolls to the outside where Cena and Chavo struggle to their feet. He grabs Cena by the face and shoves him back down in to the steel ramp as a receipt for his insults earlier tonight, then looms over Chavo...

"I don't like where this is goin', Cole..."

Chavo looks up and sees he's being stared at by the monster that is Brock Lesnar. Left with little choice, he fires off a series of punches... but they have no effect! Brock just knees him in the gut, then nails him with a huge Lariat. Chavo slumps to the protective mats as Brock looks in to the ring to Eddie, who is gradually starting to stir.

Brock rolls back in to the ring, but Cena, sat on the ramp, looks back to the ring. He sees that Eddie is about to be taken out by Brock… he could go in and help his opponent for No Mercy… he gets to his feet… and walks away! Los Guerreros are being left at the mercy of Brock Lesnar! Brock lifts Eddie up... another F5!

Lesnar then rolls back to the outside, where Chavo is trying rover from the Lariat. Brock laughs as he again stands over Chavito... then lifts him up to his shoulders, and carries him to the ringpost!

"Don't do it, Brock!" Cole yells. "You'll break his leg!"

Brock lines up the F5 in to the ringpost... when KURT ANGLE sprints down from the back, ribs taped, and fires off on Lesnar!

"What the hell is he doin' here?" Tazz asks. "I thought he was gone 'til No Mercy!"

"When have you ever known Kurt Angle to listen to doctors, Tazz?"

Angle fires off on Brock, until Lesnar plants a knee in to his injured ribs. Angle drops to the floor in a coughing fit, so Lesnar lifts him up and looks for the F5 in to the ringpost... but Angle slips out... AND TAKES HIM DOWN IN TO AN ANKLE LOCK!

"HOW’D YOU LIKE THAT, LESNAR?!?" he screams, still in the hold. "HUH? HOW’D YOU LIKE IT? I’M GOING TO BREAK YOUR GOD DAMN ANKLE!"

He lets out a roar of violent anger as the referees and backstage agents rush down and pull Angle away... so he drops in to the Leg Vine! The agents desperately try to pull him loose as Brock screams in pain... and they finally break him loose! It takes a dozen of them to pull him back down the ramp and away, but they finally got him loose. But has the damage been done for No Mercy?

* END OF SHOW *

WAIT A MINUTE!

The closing logo shows up on the screen and we start to fade out when TRIPLE H hops the barrier and tackles Brock to the mat! We haven't seen him in weeks! Is this revenge for what Brock did to his ex-wife?!

He fires off on Brock as the monster scrambles to free himself up. He bats Hunter away… only for The Game to tackle him back down again! There’s nowhere for Brock to go!

The security continue to hold Angle down, until they realise that an actual trespasser from Raw has made his way in to the ring! They release Angle and dive in to the ring, taking the full group of them to prise Triple H off Lesnar…

… but now Kurt’s free!

KURT CHARGES AT BROCK AGAIN!

He tackles him down to the mat and fires off on him as we gradually fade out, this time for real...

* END OF SHOW *

Confirmed matches for next week

Tag Team Match – If Mysterio & Kidman Win, They Get a Tag Titles Shot at World's Greatest Tag Team
    Basham Brothers vs. Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman

Singles Match
    Sean O’Haire vs. Eddie Guerrero

Non-Title Match
    Tajiri vs. Brian Kendrick

Confirmed matches for No Mercy

Sixty-Minute Iron Man Match for the WWE Title
    Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle (c)

Losing McMahon Leaves Smackdown
    Big Show w/Vince McMahon vs. The Undertaker w/Stephanie McMahon

WWE United States Title Match
    John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero (c)

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Ghana

What I don't get is why would Triple H show up on Smackdown anyway? Triple H is a RAW guy and not to mention at this time in 2003 Triple H is probably the biggest heel in the company probably even bigger than Brock as far as heat goes. Why would Triple H attack Brock though? That is what I don't understand and not to mention Triple H isn't he the World Heavyweight Champion over on the RAW brand? Plus Triple H doesn't he have Evolution to do his dirty work anyway so why is he going after Brock? Is it because of what happened to Stephanie? Even if that is true Stephanie and Triple H aren't married anymore, they are ex-spouses.

Jobber

Status

Another really enjoyable Smackdown.

I'm enjoying the Steph/Vince stuff, though I thought the wording of the stipulation was a little odd, and assume that will be changed to something a little more official sounding rather than, If Taker wins, Vince will leave Stephanie alone! Just sounds odd

The backstage interview with Dawn Marie on behalf of Tajiri was well done. It gave us the backstory as to why she is helping him, and affirms her position as a better manager than in-ring talent. Also, it kept Tajiri off the mic, which isn't one of his strengths iirc.

I liked the chaos of the tag team title match - and as I've said, I'm enjoying the general chaos which was a theme of the time - and like how, one way or another, the actual teams come out on top against the makeshift teams more often than not.

I'm really enjoying the Cena character atm. Standing up to Lesnar one minute, snidely attacking Chavo the next and walking away when he could help Eddie. He's a punk, but clearly has some morals, that will all lead up to his eventual face turn, I suspect.

My favourite bit of this ediiton was the Matt Hardy fact of having 33% more limbst han Zach Gowen. Hilarious and brutal. Matt Hardy is one of my favourite characters in this at the current time. He's a complete arsehole, but written so well it's impossible not to enjoy him.

Good main event, the usual chaos and the expected end result. This was more about furthering stories than the match itself, and that's perfectly fine.

What I wasn't expecting, was the Triple H run-in. This is definitely a big departure from real-life events and I'm very intrigued as to where this is heading. On the other hand, I hope this isn't a big swerve from real life as HHH and Evolution have a lot of legs left in them, and don't see HHH moving away from them to join Smackdown, so would be disappointed to see that happen, but I have a feeling that isn't the direction this is going, rather just a new layer for things to come down the line, after all, Survivor Series is up next after No Mercy.

Great stuff yet again.

Jobber

Status

Triple H is not the champion on the Raw brand, no. He lost the title to Goldberg at Unforgiven.

It's not hard to think why HHH would attack Brock. He and Steph are no longer together, sure, but is it hard to think he would still have feelings for her, and was angered by what Lesnar did to her?

If you think about it for just the slightest moment, it all makes complete sense. Even if there is another reason to it, this would be a more than obvious assumption to make.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Triple H is not the champion on the Raw brand, no. He lost the title to Goldberg at Unforgiven.

It's not hard to think why HHH would attack Brock. He and Steph are no longer together, sure, but is it hard to think he would still have feelings for her, and was angered by what Lesnar did to her?

If you think about it for just the slightest moment, it all makes complete sense. Even if there is another reason to it, this would be a more than obvious assumption to make.
    No it isn't hard to think that but come on Triple H is supposed to be a heel right? The biggest heel in the company over on the RAW brand and he is here invading Smackdown attacking Brock Lesnar who is also a heel in this diary over on the Smackdown brand. Plus Stephanie is a babyface around this time in 2003 also which is what throws me for a loop as to why Triple H would involve himself in Smackdown business when he is a RAW superstar. If he was gonna invade Smackdown then why would he invade alone? Why not just bring Flair, Orton and Batista with him over to Smackdown to attack Brock? He could have brought Evolution with him and all 4 guys could have gotten to Brock.

Unless you have Brock return the favor and show up on RAW by invading RAW and you have him attack Evolution as well as Triple H then I don't see where this is all going.

Jobber

Status

Yes, HHH is a heel, as is Brock, but that's what makes it even more intriguing. I'm not saying it will happen, in fact I don't think this is the start of a HHH heel turn at all, but if a heel attacks a heel, it can generally lead to a face turn. Again, Steph being a face further adds to the intrigue and opens the possibilites up to where this could all lead.

He invades alone, imo, because this is a personal matter, He was taking some time off to lick his wounds after losing to Goldberg, but wasn't just going to sit back and allow Brock to get away with what he did to Steph, I'm assuming because he still has feelings for her. They get back together in real life afterall. He didn't involve Evolution because this is personal, and something he had to do on his own, perhaps. Maybe this will tie in to the upcoming Survivor Series; even I'm thinking of ways I could play this if I were to take over the story from here, such is how much I'm enjoying this whole thing.

As for saying you don't see where this is all going, after only the opening segment to this particular storyline, well, it's a bit short-sighted. For a start, if you could clearly see where it was going, it wouldn't be so intriguing. Wait for the story to play out.

No Easy Way Out

Status
      Country                    Ireland

So ... seems like you’ve stirred quite a debate with the last show...

Big surprise off the bat, as I’d assumed we wouldn’t see Stephanie this week to sell the F5 from the week prior. I liked the opening video being interrupted, putting across the urgency of the GM right away.

I definitely got a kick out of you teasing that Father vs Daughter match, giving us all palpitations momentarily. Very surprised it’ll be representative vs representative at No Mercy though. I thought you were building toward a blockbuster Team Vince vs Team Steph Survivor Series elimination match with those kind of huge implications. So while it’ll clearly be a big match at No Mercy, I can’t help but feel like you’ve missed a huge headliner for Survivor Series.

Anyway, the back and forth between Vince and Stephanie was as solid as we’ve come to expect, and I liked the reasoning for Vince not already firing his daughter. Taker stepping up without a moments pause felt like a very ABA Taker thing to do, and the Last Ride should mean that’s the end of Vince for tonight, which could be a good thing given his huge presence over the show as of late. I’ll be interested in seeing how you work around that handicap match later too.

Good look for Kendrick here, overcoming all three guys to score the win on Nunzio, and getting another one over the FBI. Given the FBI’s position, them being outsmarted by one guy isn’t a big deal as they’re your lower rung group anyway, but it’s an impressive feat for Kendrick to defeat the odds again. Roll up suggests there could be more to come still.

We asked, you delivered. Excellent promo from Dawn Marie, explaining succinctly what the arrangement is with Tajiri. Exactly what I was hoping to see, and already the pairing feels like one with potential imo. Dawn hyping herself up as a manager was necessary, but it’s important she shows her importance now.

The Taker/Steph conversation felt just like that; a conversation. Didn’t feel forced or unnatural at all. A bit of give and take, and the two friends meeting in the middle is something you’d see in any day conversations. This was a small thing, but I enjoyed it immensely. Wonder who’ll step up to do the right thing and join Taker.

I’ve one big negative on this Lesnar/Eddie situation, and it’s something ridiculously nit-picky, but the two of them just booking themselves in the main event really irked me. To me, all that would’ve been required would’ve been Eddie accepting Brocks challenge and acknowledging the GM in some way, to say “I’m sure Stephanie will sign that off” or “I’ll clear it with Stephanie and see you later”, but the wrestlers just making their own matches - a main event no less - just leaves questions for me. What would the main event have been if Eddie and Lesnar hadn’t crossed paths?

That said, everything up to that point was highly enjoyable. There was tension, aggression from Eddie, and that bullyish, college jock-esque nonchalance by Brock all came together for a really good showdown, leaving me wanting more between these two. Eddie spitting on the floor was an awesome sight too.

Wasn’t as hot on how the Cruiserweight match played out. IIRC, the Blind Nidia angle irl came about in a pretty similar fashion through black mist by Tajiri. To me this felt like we’d skipped a few chapters ahead in this rivalry to get to this point too, rather than the first match of the potential feud. I get that Tajiri has been more aggressive and sinister as of late, but him spraying Nidia with the black mist felt like a step too far too soon. Personally I think the angle could’ve had more impact if we’d gotten some kind of messy finish here with Nidia making an enemy of herself with Dawn, leading to a rematch at No Mercy where you could’ve pulled this off with Dawn wanting Nidia taken care of. Still, I can’t deny you’ve instantly got heat on this feud moving forward, and a vengeful Noble should transition nicely into an angry, ass kicking babyface trying to avenge Nidia.

Also, kudos on the way you suitably sold this in the aftermath too, giving it the time it needed for the reaction to mean something, including Tajiri getting jumped for doing something so reprehensible. All stuff you probably wouldn’t have had time to do had you waited until No Mercy for it. The fact Kidman had the final words for Tajiri, I’d be worried for Torries safety at this point. I’d still argue this angle came too early into the feud, but I can’t complain about the way you pulled it off and the aftermath. Expertly done.

Benoit feels like the perfect candidate to step up and partner Taker. Another vet, old school mentality, all about respect? Yeah, makes sense he’d step up. Big Show running in to get after Taker should tell us who’ll be representing Vince (as expected) was fine, as was Rhyno costing Benoit in the end. The argument could be made that the champions needed a lot of help, but when The Undertaker especially is on the opposite side, I think that’s the kind of thing that can be overlooked. Also, you’ve essentially furthered three angles here too; Show/Taker, Rhyno/Benoit, and painting WGTT as beatable- which serves the Rey/Kidman feud, as they continue to be avoided by the champs.

Loved this confrontation between Cena and Lesnar. Similar to last week with Vince, Cena showing he has morals is a big step in his development, but this might be bigger, with him standing up to Lesnar even when it would’ve been beneficial for him to strike a deal with Brock in order to get one over on Eddie. Good stuff.

I don’t know if it is a good or bad thing, but the domination stuff in the APA/Shaniqua promo gave me a chuckle. It may have been me picturing Bradshaw uttering that line, but I found it funny anyway. The sneak attack worked for me too, as I still feel it’s important that the Bashams look as good as possible right now. The APA will always be over, regardless if they get jumped nine weeks out of ten. Decent progression of this second tier tag program.

The Matt Fact being wrong cracked me up (assuming that was a deliberate error and jumping from 25% to 33% just to embellish Matt further) plus I liked that the fact actually was directed at the opponent too.

Yeah, that delusional promo was a lot of fun. Matt trying to build up Gowen was as ridiculous as it sounded, and I think the commentary added a lot more to this promo too. Some funny stuff between Cole and Tazz here - and throughout the show too; it’s easy to gloss over the commentary, but it’s worth noting that you do a tremendous job of making your commentary add to the show without fail, every week.

Everything was as bizarre and over the top as I hoped/expected it would be too during and after the match. That celebration alone was just ludicrous and suitable dickish from Hardy. Matt chop blocking a one legged man just feels cruel, lol. I’d expected a shock win for Gowen here, and for the shenanigans for Matt to continue with him trying to get his job back, but I hope this isn’t a write off for Gowen. I think he could be a valuable sympathetic face to have around, but it’s hard to see a way back for him after losing like this.

Wow at the package to build up the Iron Man Match. Even including non-televised Iron Man matches here too was an interesting move (is that Flair/Bret Iron Man on-line anywhere?) and was a bit of an education for me, as I wasn’t even aware of the pre-WM 12 matches. Even though it was a throwaway line, I appreciated Triple H throwing a pseudo dig at Bret, because that’s 100% something you could’ve seen him and the WWE do at this point in time. Having Flair comment too adds much more credibility to the match - more than anyone else - and the follow up from Cole and Tazz on Angles condition was great too. A potentially weakened champion going into No Mercy.

Cena beating Rikishi was to be expected. A clean win does Cena no harm, and him getting Big Kish up for the FU is quite the impressive feat... the kind of feat that could get cheers soon enough...

Rey/Kidman vs The Bashams is a big match for next week. Major test for the supposed ‘non’ team anyway. Should be a chance for APA to get some revenge and set Rey and Kidman on their way to No Mercy.

Main event was a fun read. Spectacular match it seemed, and I enjoyed that Eddie went right after Brock as opposed to using his speed to frustrate as you often see with the big man/small man matches. Cena doing his own thing to get into Eddies head is fine, standing on his own rather than work with Brock. Thought that led to the finish well too, protecting Eddie in defeat to Lesnar.

The Angle run in caught me by surprise. Honestly expected him to stay off this week after the injuries were put over by Cole and Tazz earlier, and wouldn’t have minded if he did - but this scenario, with Kurt showing up despite his injuries works too. Given how you ended the show though, I’m not sure Angle was needed out here in the end, as I feel his surprise return was overshadowed somewhat.

As it obviously would be by TRIPLE H!? Did NOT see that coming. Found it interesting that the show was bookended by teases of the opening video before being interrupted and the end of the show being interrupted.

I’ll refrain from casting any judgment on Triple H showing up - too many questions; I’ll wait for everything to play out just - but you foreshadowed his appearance nicely at the top of the show with Vinces comment (though I’d have sworn they were storyline divorced as opposed to ‘separated’), and the way in which you pulled off his appearance was immense. With the show going off the air before coming back, it added a touch of unpredictability about it all, something that viewers would question if it was supposed to even happen. Really hot finish.

As I alluded to, long term, I’ve no idea what this is heading to, or what way this issue will play out, though it’s obvious Triple H’s motivation for showing up. If the Smackdown locker room is up in arms over that F5, of course her ex-husband will be too. A lot of questions though are running through my head over this, but I’ll let the whole thing play itself out for a bit first. Regardless a HUGE finish to the show.

Jobber

Status

The Matt Fact being wrong cracked me up (assuming that was a deliberate error and jumping from 25% to 33% just to embellish Matt further) plus I liked that the fact actually was directed at the opponent too.
    How dare you question Matt Facts! It is indeed correct!

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Gyimah View Post
    What I don't get is why would Triple H show up on Smackdown anyway? Triple H is a RAW guy and not to mention at this time in 2003 Triple H is probably the biggest heel in the company probably even bigger than Brock as far as heat goes. Why would Triple H attack Brock though? That is what I don't understand and not to mention Triple H isn't he the World Heavyweight Champion over on the RAW brand? Plus Triple H doesn't he have Evolution to do his dirty work anyway so why is he going after Brock? Is it because of what happened to Stephanie? Even if that is true Stephanie and Triple H aren't married anymore, they are ex-spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Gyimah View Post
    No it isn't hard to think that but come on Triple H is supposed to be a heel right? The biggest heel in the company over on the RAW brand and he is here invading Smackdown attacking Brock Lesnar who is also a heel in this diary over on the Smackdown brand. Plus Stephanie is a babyface around this time in 2003 also which is what throws me for a loop as to why Triple H would involve himself in Smackdown business when he is a RAW superstar. If he was gonna invade Smackdown then why would he invade alone? Why not just bring Flair, Orton and Batista with him over to Smackdown to attack Brock? He could have brought Evolution with him and all 4 guys could have gotten to Brock.

Unless you have Brock return the favor and show up on RAW by invading RAW and you have him attack Evolution as well as Triple H then I don't see where this is all going.
    Yes, HHH is a heel, as is Brock, but that's what makes it even more intriguing. I'm not saying it will happen, in fact I don't think this is the start of a HHH heel turn at all, but if a heel attacks a heel, it can generally lead to a face turn. Again, Steph being a face further adds to the intrigue and opens the possibilites up to where this could all lead.

He invades alone, imo, because this is a personal matter, He was taking some time off to lick his wounds after losing to Goldberg, but wasn't just going to sit back and allow Brock to get away with what he did to Steph, I'm assuming because he still has feelings for her. They get back together in real life afterall. He didn't involve Evolution because this is personal, and something he had to do on his own, perhaps. Maybe this will tie in to the upcoming Survivor Series; even I'm thinking of ways I could play this if I were to take over the story from here, such is how much I'm enjoying this whole thing.

As for saying you don't see where this is all going, after only the opening segment to this particular storyline, well, it's a bit short-sighted. For a start, if you could clearly see where it was going, it wouldn't be so intriguing. Wait for the story to play out.
    On why Triple H did what he did, whether he’s on Raw, and whether he’s the champion: Sebsy basically answered most of this for me, but it’s correct that Triple H is on Raw, he lost the title at Unforgiven and has been licking wounds ever since.

Sebsy’s thoughts of why he’d get involved make sense to me. Sure, he’s a heel. Sure, he’s on Raw. Sure, he and Steph are split up. But is he really going to look the other way when his ex-wife is beaten up by someone like Brock? Of course not. It doesn’t necessarily mean they’re in love or getting back together or whatever, although it could be that. But what I think we can be fairly certain on is that there’s some things you don’t do, and Brock's actions crossed the moral compass for a lot of people (including Cena, who is also a heel), and Triple H is reacting to that.

I believe strongly in the importance of heels and faces, but I hate black-and-white “you’re a heel, so you’re bad”. I want to create a universe here in based on “if X, then what?” If Brock attacks Steph, what happens? Well, her ex-husband will probably be pretty pissed for one thing. Especially if he’s a 6’4 270lbs roid monster. Hopefully that keeps things exciting and different, but consistent. Which is essentially the opposite of what I see current day WWE as.

But as Sebsy says, this is step one in the story. I intentionally left it slightly ambiguous and as something of a cliff hanger for this exact reason. I wanted people to engage and think about where it's all going. So I'm really excited that it's had that reaction.

Another really enjoyable Smackdown.

I'm enjoying the Steph/Vince stuff, though I thought the wording of the stipulation was a little odd, and assume that will be changed to something a little more official sounding rather than, If Taker wins, Vince will leave Stephanie alone! Just sounds odd

The backstage interview with Dawn Marie on behalf of Tajiri was well done. It gave us the backstory as to why she is helping him, and affirms her position as a better manager than in-ring talent. Also, it kept Tajiri off the mic, which isn't one of his strengths iirc.

I liked the chaos of the tag team title match - and as I've said, I'm enjoying the general chaos which was a theme of the time - and like how, one way or another, the actual teams come out on top against the makeshift teams more often than not.

I'm really enjoying the Cena character atm. Standing up to Lesnar one minute, snidely attacking Chavo the next and walking away when he could help Eddie. He's a punk, but clearly has some morals, that will all lead up to his eventual face turn, I suspect.

My favourite bit of this ediiton was the Matt Hardy fact of having 33% more limbst han Zach Gowen. Hilarious and brutal. Matt Hardy is one of my favourite characters in this at the current time. He's a complete arsehole, but written so well it's impossible not to enjoy him.

Good main event, the usual chaos and the expected end result. This was more about furthering stories than the match itself, and that's perfectly fine.

What I wasn't expecting, was the Triple H run-in. This is definitely a big departure from real-life events and I'm very intrigued as to where this is heading. On the other hand, I hope this isn't a big swerve from real life as HHH and Evolution have a lot of legs left in them, and don't see HHH moving away from them to join Smackdown, so would be disappointed to see that happen, but I have a feeling that isn't the direction this is going, rather just a new layer for things to come down the line, after all, Survivor Series is up next after No Mercy.

Great stuff yet again.
    On the stips for the McMahon match: Ha, yeah. It’s slightly challenging because Vince can’t be “fired”, and for the sake of the story, Steph isn’t threatened with the prospect of being “fired” as much as she’ll be forced to “quit”. From this point on, the stipulation is “Losing McMahon Leaves Smackdown” for simplicity.

On Cena having morals: Glad you enjoy it. Like I say, I’m not much of one for black-and-white, so Cena is fun to write. He’s a heel, clearly, based on how he treats pretty much everyone. But he’s not evil, he’s just a prick. And he has a code that he stands by, even if it’s not as moralistic as some others.

On enjoying Matt: Honestly, he’s so much fun to write. He’s got a big segment on the next edition of Smackdown which was possibly the most fun I’ve had writing a segment in this so far. He’s so enjoyable to basically spend time thinking of “what is the most obnoxious thing I could have someone do” and have it be in his character to actually do it.

On Triple H’s future: All will be explained soon enough, and hopefully will reassure you on the direction we’re going on.

So ... seems like you’ve stirred quite a debate with the last show...

Big surprise off the bat, as I’d assumed we wouldn’t see Stephanie this week to sell the F5 from the week prior. I liked the opening video being interrupted, putting across the urgency of the GM right away.

I definitely got a kick out of you teasing that Father vs Daughter match, giving us all palpitations momentarily. Very surprised it’ll be representative vs representative at No Mercy though. I thought you were building toward a blockbuster Team Vince vs Team Steph Survivor Series elimination match with those kind of huge implications. So while it’ll clearly be a big match at No Mercy, I can’t help but feel like you’ve missed a huge headliner for Survivor Series.

Anyway, the back and forth between Vince and Stephanie was as solid as we’ve come to expect, and I liked the reasoning for Vince not already firing his daughter. Taker stepping up without a moments pause felt like a very ABA Taker thing to do, and the Last Ride should mean that’s the end of Vince for tonight, which could be a good thing given his huge presence over the show as of late. I’ll be interested in seeing how you work around that handicap match later too.

Good look for Kendrick here, overcoming all three guys to score the win on Nunzio, and getting another one over the FBI. Given the FBI’s position, them being outsmarted by one guy isn’t a big deal as they’re your lower rung group anyway, but it’s an impressive feat for Kendrick to defeat the odds again. Roll up suggests there could be more to come still.

We asked, you delivered. Excellent promo from Dawn Marie, explaining succinctly what the arrangement is with Tajiri. Exactly what I was hoping to see, and already the pairing feels like one with potential imo. Dawn hyping herself up as a manager was necessary, but it’s important she shows her importance now.

The Taker/Steph conversation felt just like that; a conversation. Didn’t feel forced or unnatural at all. A bit of give and take, and the two friends meeting in the middle is something you’d see in any day conversations. This was a small thing, but I enjoyed it immensely. Wonder who’ll step up to do the right thing and join Taker.

I’ve one big negative on this Lesnar/Eddie situation, and it’s something ridiculously nit-picky, but the two of them just booking themselves in the main event really irked me. To me, all that would’ve been required would’ve been Eddie accepting Brocks challenge and acknowledging the GM in some way, to say “I’m sure Stephanie will sign that off” or “I’ll clear it with Stephanie and see you later”, but the wrestlers just making their own matches - a main event no less - just leaves questions for me. What would the main event have been if Eddie and Lesnar hadn’t crossed paths?

That said, everything up to that point was highly enjoyable. There was tension, aggression from Eddie, and that bullyish, college jock-esque nonchalance by Brock all came together for a really good showdown, leaving me wanting more between these two. Eddie spitting on the floor was an awesome sight too.

Wasn’t as hot on how the Cruiserweight match played out. IIRC, the Blind Nidia angle irl came about in a pretty similar fashion through black mist by Tajiri. To me this felt like we’d skipped a few chapters ahead in this rivalry to get to this point too, rather than the first match of the potential feud. I get that Tajiri has been more aggressive and sinister as of late, but him spraying Nidia with the black mist felt like a step too far too soon. Personally I think the angle could’ve had more impact if we’d gotten some kind of messy finish here with Nidia making an enemy of herself with Dawn, leading to a rematch at No Mercy where you could’ve pulled this off with Dawn wanting Nidia taken care of. Still, I can’t deny you’ve instantly got heat on this feud moving forward, and a vengeful Noble should transition nicely into an angry, ass kicking babyface trying to avenge Nidia.

Also, kudos on the way you suitably sold this in the aftermath too, giving it the time it needed for the reaction to mean something, including Tajiri getting jumped for doing something so reprehensible. All stuff you probably wouldn’t have had time to do had you waited until No Mercy for it. The fact Kidman had the final words for Tajiri, I’d be worried for Torries safety at this point. I’d still argue this angle came too early into the feud, but I can’t complain about the way you pulled it off and the aftermath. Expertly done.

Benoit feels like the perfect candidate to step up and partner Taker. Another vet, old school mentality, all about respect? Yeah, makes sense he’d step up. Big Show running in to get after Taker should tell us who’ll be representing Vince (as expected) was fine, as was Rhyno costing Benoit in the end. The argument could be made that the champions needed a lot of help, but when The Undertaker especially is on the opposite side, I think that’s the kind of thing that can be overlooked. Also, you’ve essentially furthered three angles here too; Show/Taker, Rhyno/Benoit, and painting WGTT as beatable- which serves the Rey/Kidman feud, as they continue to be avoided by the champs.

Loved this confrontation between Cena and Lesnar. Similar to last week with Vince, Cena showing he has morals is a big step in his development, but this might be bigger, with him standing up to Lesnar even when it would’ve been beneficial for him to strike a deal with Brock in order to get one over on Eddie. Good stuff.

I don’t know if it is a good or bad thing, but the domination stuff in the APA/Shaniqua promo gave me a chuckle. It may have been me picturing Bradshaw uttering that line, but I found it funny anyway. The sneak attack worked for me too, as I still feel it’s important that the Bashams look as good as possible right now. The APA will always be over, regardless if they get jumped nine weeks out of ten. Decent progression of this second tier tag program.

Yeah, that delusional promo was a lot of fun. Matt trying to build up Gowen was as ridiculous as it sounded, and I think the commentary added a lot more to this promo too. Some funny stuff between Cole and Tazz here - and throughout the show too; it’s easy to gloss over the commentary, but it’s worth noting that you do a tremendous job of making your commentary add to the show without fail, every week.

Everything was as bizarre and over the top as I hoped/expected it would be too during and after the match. That celebration alone was just ludicrous and suitable dickish from Hardy. Matt chop blocking a one legged man just feels cruel, lol. I’d expected a shock win for Gowen here, and for the shenanigans for Matt to continue with him trying to get his job back, but I hope this isn’t a write off for Gowen. I think he could be a valuable sympathetic face to have around, but it’s hard to see a way back for him after losing like this.

Wow at the package to build up the Iron Man Match. Even including non-televised Iron Man matches here too was an interesting move (is that Flair/Bret Iron Man on-line anywhere?) and was a bit of an education for me, as I wasn’t even aware of the pre-WM 12 matches. Even though it was a throwaway line, I appreciated Triple H throwing a pseudo dig at Bret, because that’s 100% something you could’ve seen him and the WWE do at this point in time. Having Flair comment too adds much more credibility to the match - more than anyone else - and the follow up from Cole and Tazz on Angles condition was great too. A potentially weakened champion going into No Mercy.

Cena beating Rikishi was to be expected. A clean win does Cena no harm, and him getting Big Kish up for the FU is quite the impressive feat... the kind of feat that could get cheers soon enough...

Rey/Kidman vs The Bashams is a big match for next week. Major test for the supposed ‘non’ team anyway. Should be a chance for APA to get some revenge and set Rey and Kidman on their way to No Mercy.

Main event was a fun read. Spectacular match it seemed, and I enjoyed that Eddie went right after Brock as opposed to using his speed to frustrate as you often see with the big man/small man matches. Cena doing his own thing to get into Eddies head is fine, standing on his own rather than work with Brock. Thought that led to the finish well too, protecting Eddie in defeat to Lesnar.

The Angle run in caught me by surprise. Honestly expected him to stay off this week after the injuries were put over by Cole and Tazz earlier, and wouldn’t have minded if he did - but this scenario, with Kurt showing up despite his injuries works too. Given how you ended the show though, I’m not sure Angle was needed out here in the end, as I feel his surprise return was overshadowed somewhat.

As it obviously would be by TRIPLE H!? Did NOT see that coming. Found it interesting that the show was bookended by teases of the opening video before being interrupted and the end of the show being interrupted.

I’ll refrain from casting any judgment on Triple H showing up - too many questions; I’ll wait for everything to play out just - but you foreshadowed his appearance nicely at the top of the show with Vinces comment (though I’d have sworn they were storyline divorced as opposed to ‘separated’), and the way in which you pulled off his appearance was immense. With the show going off the air before coming back, it added a touch of unpredictability about it all, something that viewers would question if it was supposed to even happen. Really hot finish.

As I alluded to, long term, I’ve no idea what this is heading to, or what way this issue will play out, though it’s obvious Triple H’s motivation for showing up. If the Smackdown locker room is up in arms over that F5, of course her ex-husband will be too. A lot of questions though are running through my head over this, but I’ll let the whole thing play itself out for a bit first. Regardless a HUGE finish to the show.
    On the battle for Smackdown happening at No Mercy instead of Survivor Series: All will become clear soon enough as to why I didn't want to book a Classic Survivor Series match for control of the brand, but as much as anything, I want to move on from this angle. Hopefully it's more interesting here than it was in real-life, but I have limited patience for McMahons a-feuding, and by bringing this to an end at No Mercy (and it will, because I intend to honour stips as much as possible in this thread) we can move on to new things without them being both being all over the shows.

On Eddie and Brock making their own main event: Yup, that's totally fair. I hate that kind of thing myself, so that's an oversight on my behalf. In hindsight I should have positioned it as Eddie had already got it signed off by Steph. Good spot.

On Tajiri misting Nidia being too soon: I'd hoped that Dawn's earlier line about "you're about to see a dangerous side of Tajiri, and you're not gonna like it" was enough to foreshadow Tajiri doing something bad, but I can see why it could have perhaps used more. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you liked the way it played out aside from that though. This is one of the situations where I remember clearly thinking the WWE were about to do something awesome, only to see them lose the plot and end the story with a comedy inter-gender blindfold match. I was quite keen to tell a different story here, and as such, although step 1 mirrors reality, the subsequent steps will not.

On Zach Gowen being fired: Yeah, he's gone now. I did like your idea of Matt losing and having to worm his way back in to a job, but Zach's disability is unfortunately such that it means him even going 50/50 with someone is damaging to the opponent, let alone winning. I think WWE really missed the boat with him by having Vince beat him in his debut. No-one loses to Vince. After that, the crowd won't ever take him seriously as a competitor and was left getting pity heat, which is not helpful.

In theory he'd have made an interesting jobber, in that he has the perfect out to never win, but I felt Matt winning a Loser Is Fired match against him was too much fun to not follow through with. Needless to say, Matt will have more to say about this spectacular victory on the next Smackdown...

On the Flair/Bret Iron Man match: Yup, it's on YouTube. The video and sound quality isn't great and the angle means you miss a few bits, but you can get a feel for it. It's handheld by a fan I think, so obviously not commentary or anything. Without the usual production bells and whistles it's not the easiest watch, but it's a good match, and features a spectacular Flair's trunks pulled down spot, even by his standards.

On Hunter and Steph being divorced: Shit. I was so sure they were separated I didn't even bother to fact-check. I'll start mentioning them as divorced going forward. My bad.

Still, glad you enjoyed it, and picked up on the nudge at the start of the show, and the book-end of cutting off the opening/cutting off the ending. It was fun to pull together, and hopefully as the story twists and turns it continues to keep your attention.

On Matt's fact being incorrect: I'll let Sebsy take this one...

How dare you question Matt Facts! It is indeed correct!
    Sebsy is correct, as is Matt. Matt has 33% more limbs than Zach (Zach has three, so Matt having 1 more is a third), but Zach was 25% fewer (Matt has 4, so one less is a quarter).

Maths with Matt Hardy. Maths Hardy. Maths-ittude. There's a gimmick update in there somewhere I think.

Thanks again all for the feedback!

Thread Information