Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: September BTBOTM - WWE: Where It All Begins... Again

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: WWE: Where It All Begins... Again

Roster rundown was lovely. Short, sharp, and to the point. Obviously, Smackdowns roster is in a much healthier position than Raws, but I’m much more intrigued about what you do to turn the flagship show around. Also, you seem to have omitted Torrie and Sable from the Smackdown roster here. Does that mean no more bikini contests? For shame, keefmoon... for shame.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah as a HUGE Sean O'Haire mark, I would love to see you rescue his career, the guy had bag loads of potential and should have ended up better. It's still shocking to me that during an era in which JBL, Luther Reigns, Gene Snitsky, Chris Masters et al and yet gave up on O'Haire so quickly

Also same goes for Ultimo Dragon, who was a huge missed opportunity in my mind too. Always thought that this is one of the strongest times for the Cruiserweight division and if it was booked to mean more, it could have been incredible
    Last edited by DarkestEarth; 07-06-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Serious Professional

Status

September 1st 2003
    Layafette, Louisiana

The arena illuminates in pyrotechnics as the fans roar in excitement. The camera pans the crowd until it settles on our announce team.

Welcome, everybody, to Monday Night Raw!” JR yells. “You join us live from Lafayette, Louisiana. I’m 'Good Ol’ JR' Jim Ross, alongside my broadcast colleague and friend, Jerry “The King” Lawler and what a night we have in store for you all, but before we start, I must offer you all an apology. Last week, we closed Raw with a brutal fight between Kane and Shane McMahon that ended up with Kane being kicked in to a burning dumpster.”

“I couldn’t believe my eyes, JR!” King shrieks.

“Neither could I, King. I wish to apologise to anyone offended by the sheer brutality of what we saw. We expect to hear from Shane McMahon tonight, but Kane-"

***LINE IN THE SAND***

JR’s apology is interrupted by the ticking clock of
    EVOLUTION'S theme, with TRIPLE H, RIC FLAIR and RANDY ORTON, all in suits, making their way down to the ring to boos of the audience.

Ric grabs the microphone. “Ladies… and gentlemen!” the crowd WOOOO in appreciation of the Nature Boy, so he WOOOOOs in return. “Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you, the best… wrestler… in the world… today. He is the Cerebral Assassin,” the fans start to boo. “He is… The Game! The World Champion! He… is… the man! Triple H!”

The crowd erupts in to boos, and Triple H soaks it in with a sneer. “Go ahead, boo,” he says, and the fans in attendance respond by taking it up a notch. “You can boo me all you want, but it doesn’t change a damn thing. I am still THE crown jewel in this business, I am still THE man to beat, and you all better get used to me having this belt over my shoulder, because it isn’t going… anywhere.”

The crowd erupts in to a spontaneous “Gollllldlberrrrrrrg” chant, which only services to get under the champion’s skin.

”Make the most of it,” The Game growls. “
    Because in a couple of weeks at Unforgiven, when I put this belt on the line, it will be the LAST time you will ever see… Bill… Goldberg.” The chant cranks up. “You can chant it all you want, but it won’t bring him out here. Goldberg doesn’t have the guts to face us. He knows that in this very ring, you have the best of all time,” he points at Flair, then points at Orton. “You have the best of the future.” He then points at himself. “And you have the best of right now. And Goldberg, who aren’t any of those things. We have run Monday Night Raw for seven months, and we will continue to do that after Unforgiven. It won’t be this title that is changing. It will be Goldberg’s career. His career… will be…”

***OH… OH… SHAWN!***

The crowd erupt as
    SHAWN MICHAELS bounces out to the stage with the microphone in hand.

"Good gerrr-rief, Hunter," he growls. “Do you… ever… stop talkin’?” The crowd pop. “I was in the back, talkin’ with the big man upstairs, and all I could here was you talkin’ about how ‘we are the crown jewels-uh, I’m the greatest in the world-uh’. It’s sooooo dull. I mean, I could-"

“Yo, yo Shawn,” Randy Orton interrupts, taking Hunter’s microphone. “Aside from running your mouth, do you have a reason to be out here? Maybe to congratulate me on my win over your little buddy Maven last week?”

“Do I have a reason to be here? DOES THE HEART… BREAK… KID… HAVE A REASON TO BE HERE? You’re damn right I do. Ya see, Randal, you’ve been getting involved in my business for a looong time now, and it’s- it’s-“ Shawn starts scratching at his arms. “Well, it’s really gettin’ under my skin.
    So, Randal, I jus’ gotta know… you don’t have a dance partner for Unforgiven… I don’t have a dance partner for Unforgiven… so what d’ya say, Orton? D’ya fancy going one… on… one… with the Heart… Break… Kid?”

Orton scoffs and flails at Michaels. “Really? That’s it? You want to know if I’ll be your ‘dance partner’? No, I won’t. But if it’s a match you’re after At Unforgiven, then I’d happily kick your ass.” Evolution laugh at Orton’s non-joke. “But, hey, why wait until Unforgiven? If you had any guts, you’d come down here and face me right away.”

“Oh, come on!” JR exclaims from the announce desk. "Orton is backed up by Flair and Helmsley, how is that a fair fight?”

“You want me?” Shawn asks. “YOU WANT ME… HERE… TONIGHT… IN LAFAYETTE?!” The crowd pop. “YOU GOT IT!”

Shawn pulls the jacket from his back, launches it on the floor, and storms down to the ring. He climbs the ringsteps and gets on the apron… but pauses. He counts each of the Evolution members, then counts himself, and takes lifts the microphone to his mouth.

“Wait a minute! Now, I’m no mathematician, but this doesn’t seem like a fair fight. So, maybe… just maybe…
    I need some backup.”

The crowd pop in anticipation…

***TATTOO***

Some of the crowd pop as
    MAVEN jogs on to the ramp, although some are clearly disappointed it’s not Goldberg. Maven joins Michaels on the apron as Evolution strip their suit jackets. Maven and Michaels climb in to the ring, but Michaels pauses, and lifts the microphone again.

“No, no, no. This still ain’t right. We need someone else!”

***INVASION***

The crowd explodes as
    GOLDBERG charges through the curtain and in to the ring! Evolution panic and take to the outside rather than fight. Michaels beckons them to come back in and take the fair fight, so Evolution take a moment to strategise. After a few moments, they back away from the ring and head to the back to a chorus of boos from the audience.

***GLASS SHATTERS***

The crowd blow the roof off the place as
    STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN struts on to the stage, trapping Evolution between the Co-GM and their babyface rivals.

“Ya know,” Austin begins, “I was backstage having a beer.”

*WHAT?*

“Two beers.”

*WHAT?*

“Three beers.”

*WHAT?*

“A tequila slammer.”

*WHAT?*

“A shot of whiskey.”

*WHAT?*

“I was drinkin’ ‘cos Ol’ Stone Cold woke up this morning lookin’ forward to tonight’s show.”

*WHAT?*

“I was hungover as all hell, but excited.”

*WHAT?*

“And then first thing in the show, and I had to listen to you, Triple H, bellyaching about your usual BS, and it made me SICK.”

*HALF POP, HALF ‘WHAT?’*

“So listen here, son. I ain’t gonna just sit back there and listen to that all night, when it looks to me that we could have a match on our hands.”

*WHAT?*

“I mean, it looks to me that y’all in the ring want a match.”

*WHAT?*

The babyfaces in the ring nod in agreement. Austin points to Evolution. “And it looks to me like you three sorry sons-a-bitches want a match too.”

*WHAT?*

Randy Orton shakes his head.

“Don’t say nothin’, son, or I will personally whip your yellow ass.”

*WHAT?*

“And it seems to me that the fans here in Louisiana want to see a match.”

*WHAT?*

“I SAID… IF YA WANNA SEE THESE SIX MEN IN A MATCH, GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!”

*HELL YEAH!*

“In that case, allow me to say that in tonight’s main event, we will have Triple H, Ric Flair and Randy Orton going against Shawn Michaels, Maven, and Goldberg, in a six-man tag team match!

The crowd cheer in approval.

“AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE, ‘COS STONE… COLD… SAID SO!”

The glass shatters again as Austin storms to the back, leaving the babyfaces nodding in approval, and Evolution exchanging concerned looks on the ramp.

“Bah Gawd!” JR bellows. “Evolution, versus Maven, Michaels, and Goldberg, tonight!”

La Resistance (Sylvan Grenier & Rene Dupree) & Rob Conway vs. Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray, D-Von & Spike Dudley)

We’ll finish with a 6-man tag, and we bookend with a 6 man opener too. La Resistance are the Tag Champions for a reason, but the Dudleyz have the POWER OF ‘MERICA behind them, and with the two tag team brawling to the outside, Spike is able to reverse a DDT attempt by Rob Conway in to a Dudley Dog for the three.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz In 6:18

We cut backstage to see
    TEST in make-up, with STACY KEIBLER stood impatiently behind him.

“How much longer will you be?” she asks. “I need my turn with Janet.”

Test aggressively shoves Janet to the side to jump to his feet. “How many times do uh have to tell you,” he growls. “It takes as long as it takes. Uh can be here all day if uh want.”

“But you have a match tonight?”

“Please. It’s Val Venis.
    I’m not uh-boot to lose to Val Venis. Janet, finish the job.”

He sits back in to the make-up chair.

“I don’t know,” Stacy says. “Val’s pretty good with his hands.”

Test shoves Janet to the side again and squares up to Stacy. “What… did you mean… by that?”

Stacy shrugs. “It’s Val Venis. Everyone knows the deal with Val.”

Test pushes Stacy in to the wall and invades her personal space. “Take it back. Val is small fry, uh-kay?”

“I don’t know about that,”
    VAL VENIS growls, walking in to shot. “I’d say the Big Valbowski was pretty damn big.”

Stacy nods in agreement.

“This is none of your business,” Test says, veins ready to pop in his forehead.

“And the Big Valbowski would say you were wrong on that, too.
    You need to start treating the lovely Miss Keibler with a little more respect.” He looks Stacy up and down, and she smiles flirtatiously in return. “Before someone else does.”

Test sucker punches Val and throws him in to the wall. Janet the make-up lady shrieks in fear as Stacy tries to calm Test down, but he stomps Val over and over again, before launching him in to a pile of wooden and metal debris to the side of the make-up table.

“Think you’re uh big guy, now, do you?” Test shouts. “Stacy is MY PROPERTY. No-one talks about MY PROPERTY like that!”

***HERE COMES THE MONEY!***

The crowd rise to their feet as
    SHANE MCMAHON dances on to the stage, strutting with a confidence that we haven’t seen from him in a while.

“What’s up, Louisiana?” he shouts, getting the cheap pop he was going for. “Last week, things went up a notch with Kane. I’ve been waiting to properly get my revenge on him for a long, long time. What he did to my mother-“ he pauses and solemnly shakes his head. “
    Kane, I promised you I would get revenge. Last week, I got that revenge. I know some of you are expecting an apology for what happened, but Kane… I HOPE YOU BURNED IN HELL!”

The fans cheer Shane’s mean streak.

“So let me say this. Mom, I know you’re watching this at home, still recovering from that Tombstone Kane gave you on the ramp. I know you didn’t want me to fight fire with fire, but Kane had to learn. You mess with the McMahon’s, you get burned. And maybe now, Kane will know-“

***I’M BACK!***

The fans boo as the other Co General Manager,
    ERIC BISCHOFF, struts down to the ring and grabs a microphone.

“I hope you’re happy,” Eric says, to nods from Shane. “I spent the whole week in meetings with advertisers and TV execs about you’re little stunt last week. You good as set another human being on fire.” The bloodthirsty fans cheer. “That’s not the kind of show I want to be in charge of. It’s not the kind of company your father, Vince McMahon, wants to own. I can’t just stand by and let people run around and-“

“I’m going to stop you, there, Eric,” Shane says. “Kane knew what he was getting in to.
    He didn’t have to start this war. But I’ve finished it. And I won’t apologise for that. He had it coming.”

Bischoff smirks. “That’s a funny turn of phrase, Shane.
    You think you finished it last week? No, no, no, you didn’t finish it. You just made things worse.”

Shane looks confused, so Bischoff goes for the kicker. “You don’t get it, do you, Shane? After your little stunt last week, the firefighters attended to the dumpster.
    They put the fire out… and Kane wasn’t there! That’s right, Kane got out in time, and that sounds like very bad news for you. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t exactly what someone like Kane chasing me after what you did last week.”

Shane shakes loose his fear and takes hold of his microphone. “You know what? Good. I’m glad Kane made it out. Because that means I can do it all over again.”

The crowd cheer.

“Maybe, maybe,” Bischoff grins. “But, you see, I can’t have you two running around destroying each other. Not unless I can make the company money out of it. So I’ve decided that,
    at Unforgiven, you and Kane will go one-on-one… in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH!"

The fans pop in approval, and Shane nods along with them.

“Last Man Standing, huh?” he says. “I’m good with that. But you better check with Kane that he can handle being set on fire again.”

“Sure, I can do that. Or maybe you can ask him yourself?”

There’s a huge eruption of flames from the stage as the arena turns red. That can only mean one thing…

“It’s Kane!” JR yells. “Bah Gawd, Kane is here!”

KANE storms to the ring, but is met on the ramp when Shane dives through the ropes and on to him! Shane unleashes a flurry of punches to the downed monster, until Kane bats him away and tries to compose himself. Shane charges, so Kane nails him with an Uppercut, sending Shane sprawling.

Kane stays on the attack, punching Shane around the ringside area, and throws him from the ring apron to the barricade, and back again.
    Shane tries to climb to his feet, but Kane is too big, too strong, too evil. He takes the ringsteps apart and crashes it in to Shane’s face, and places it on the floor. With Shane out cold, Kane wraps his enormous hand around Shane’s throat, lifts him up, and delivers a devastating Chokeslam on to the steel steps!

Shane is out, so the EMTs rush to ringside. Kane laughs at the carnage he has caused as Shane is checked on, only for Kane to change his mind and decide to go for more. He tosses the EMTs to the side and lifts the unconscious Shane on to his shoulder.

“Bah Gawd, not this!” JR shouts. “
    Not a Tombstone on the steel steps! He’ll break his damn neck!”

Kane laughs as he turns Shane upside down…
    only for ROB VAN DAM TO SPRINT DOWN TO THE RINGSIDE! Kane drops Shane as he and RVD start to brawl, and the ringside area fills with agents and referees looking to bring this carnage to an end.

“Enough!” Bischoff shouts in to a microphone as the agents pull the two parties aside, allowing Shane to be tended to again. “Enough of this!
    Kane… Van Dam… this needs to come to an end! You two will face off next week… in a CAGE MATCH!”

“What devastation!” JR shouts. “And it’s not going to get any better inside a Steel Cage next week!”

“I might take next week off,” King says.

Victoria vs. Jacqueline

Jacqui never really gets going as Victoria mauls her straight from the bell. She gets in a few optimistic shots, but Victoria ends it with a Widows’ Peak after a dominant performance.

Winner: Victoria in 3:28

Backstage, we see
    MOLLY HOLLY and GAIL KIM in their locker room.

“How’re you feeling?” Gail asks.

“What kind of a question is that? Molly says. “I have to put my title on the line AGAIN against Trish. When will people stop giving her shots?
    How many times to I have to prove I’m the better woman?”

“I know you’re the better woman.”

“I know you do. And I do too. But we can’t let Trish get the belt. You know what she’s like. She’ll cheat. She won’t deserve it, but what if she messed with me. Maybe she and the referee… you know? I wouldn’t put that past her. She’ll do anything. She’s unclean. Inside and out.”

“You’re clean,” Gail adds.

“You’re right, I am. This company needs me as champion.
    Promise me this, Gail. Whatever happens, Trish Stratus can not be the champion, okay? I don’t care how. I will not let Trish Stratus be the face of this company again. The fans deserve better.”

“Do they?”

Molly ponders it. “No. They don’t. But still. It’s our duty to do whatever it takes, okay?”

Gail nods, and Molly grabs her belt, ready for her title defence.

When we come back from commercial,
    CHRIS JERICHO is stood in the centre of the ring. Behind him is the Jeritron 5000, which can only mean one thing…

“Welcome, everybody, to Monday… Night… Jericho! You are watching the show everyone is talking about.
    You are watching… Chris Jericho’s… Highlight Reel!” There’s a smattering of cheers alongside the boos boos, as ever for Y2J. “And you are watching a special edition of the Highlight Reel tonight, because I come not only with a super special guest tonight, but with a super special announcement. If you can all divert your attention to the obscenely expensive Jeri-Tron 5000…”

A graphic shows up on the screen, showing that
    next week will be a Number One Contenders Battle Royal for the Intercontinental Title.

“That’s right! Next week, fifteen Raw superstars will come together in this very ring to fight to be the Number One Contender to this man… my guest and best friend… Christian!"

The fans boo as the Intercontinental Champion
    CHRISTIAN strolls to the ring, pointing to his non-existent fans in the audience. Once in the ring, he and Jericho share a convoluted handshake which almost immediately goes wrong. They try again, but again it goes wrong. They resort to just hugging instead.

“Christian, welcome to the Highlight Reel!”

“It’s a real honour, Chris. This truly is the best talk show on all of television.”

“You’re right about that. I wanted to talk to you about this Battle Royal next week-“

“It’s a travesty, Chris. I can only imagine the size of the petition all my Peeps will be signing after this show against it. Why should I have to defend this title at Unforgiven? Surely I’ve proven that I’m unbeatable?
    I say that you and I should ruin this whole thing. Run-in next week and take everyone out. What d’ya say? What a plan!”

Jericho, sat on one of his hand-crafted stools, looks sheepish.

“What’s the matter, Chris?” the champ asks. “You thinking about how unfair this Battle Royal is?”

“Well,” Jericho begins, clearing his throat. “You see, the thing about that is…”

He turns to the Jeri-Tron 5000, still showing the graphic for next week’s match.
    Front and centre of the fifteen participants in the Battle Royal is Chris Jericho himself.

“What the hell?” Christian asks. “You can’t really be trying to get a shot at my title? What if you win? Will our friendship survive me beating you with my Unprettier?”

“You think you’d beat me?
    You think you could beat the Sexy Beast? It’s that what you’re saying… junior?” The crowd start to cheer. “Because if you want to try it, then I’m happy for you to try. But you better know that I will give you a beating that you will NEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEE-“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Christian interrupts. “Things are getting out of hand, here, buddy. I didn’t mean anything by that. I mean, I am the Intercontinental Champion, so this is my proof that I can beat anyone. BUT… let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
    There’s no need to fight over this. You might not even win the Battle Royal next week!”

Jericho scowls. “Just wait, junior. You just wait until-“

***STEINER SIRENS***

Jericho and Christian pause their disagreement as
    SCOTT STEINER makes his way to the ring, shirtless but with chainmail, flexing his biceps as he goes.

“Well, look who it is,” Jericho says. “Big Poppa Pump! The Big Bad Booty Daddy! The Big Bad Wolf! Hungry Like The Wolf! Nice hat, by the way. Very 1600s.”

“Chris Jericho,” Steiner says. “You call yourself the Ayatollah of Rock and Roll-ah. But you ain’t the Genetic Freak, and you ain't the Big Bad Booty Daddy! And that tells me that you two arguing like little girls is a waste of ev’ryone’s time, ‘cos it ain’t gonna come down to Jericho and Christian for that belt.
    Next week, it’s gonna be Big Poppa Pump winning the Battle Royal, and at Unforgiven, I’m going to beat you, Christian, and I’m gonna be the Intercontinental Champion, and I ain’t even gonna sweat it. HOLLA! IF YA-“

Jericho jumps Steiner! He stomps him on the mat as Christian decides what to do… and he joins in! Jericho pulls Steiner up and holds his huge arms behind his back as Christian lines up the IC Title… swings… and accidentally hits Jericho!

Christian looks on in shock, but turns in to Steiner… Overhead Suplex!
    Christian scurries out of the ring to get away from the Genetic Freak as he flexes his biceps for the fans…

Wait a minute!
    TEST slides in to the ring while Steiner’s back is turned… BIG BOOT! Steiner is out cold! Once again Test can’t help himself but take out Scott Steiner!

We transition to a close-up of Kane's whited-out eye...

"Hideous..."

… we see him set JR on fire...

"Gruesome..."

… we see him surrounded by police officers, leading him out of an armoured police van...

"Sadistic..."

… we see him setting the casket on fire at the 1998 Royal Rumble...

"Grotesque..."

… we see him unmask...

"Violent..."

… we see him beating Shane McMahon to a bloody pulp...

"Cruel..."

… we see his debut, when he ripped the doors on Hell in a Cell and Tombstoned his own brother...

"Perverted..."

… we see him Tombstone Linda McMahon on the steel stage...

"Vicious..."

We see him laughing manically at carnage surrounding him.

"Unforgiven."

Raw Presents WWE Unforgiven, LIVE on pay-per-view, Sunday, September 21st.

WWE Women’s Title
    Molly Holly (c) w/Gail Kim vs. Trish Stratus

Despite the numerical advantage, Molly still looks nervous coming to the ring, and with good reason. Trish starts on fire, barely giving Molly a lick as Gail can only watch on with a grimace. Luckily for Molly, Gail is able to trip Trish on an Irish Whip, allowing Molly to take advantage. Trish desperately tries to fight out in her big opportunity, but Molly stays on top, and looks to have the match won when she goes for the Molly Go ‘Round! Misses! Trish lines up the Stratusfaction… but Gail Kim jumps in the ring and forearms her square in the face!

Winner by disqualification: Trish Stratus in 6:18

Gail doesn’t wait for the announcement, instead dragging Molly from the ring before Trish realises what happens. The fans flood the ring with boos as it’s announced Molly has retained despite losing by disqualification, but she doesn’t care. Trish can merely fume in the ring as Molly and Gail escape having somehow kept the belt on Molly for at least another week.

We cut to
    Evolution’s locker room, as they finish getting ready for their main event match.

“Forget about him, Champ,” Flair says to Triple H. “Concentrate on the match. We need to worry about Michaels and Maven as well. Goldberg can wait.”

“You want me to forget about Goldberg? That bald bastard keeps getting in my business, Naitch. Michaels too. I’m getting real tired of it.
    We need to send a message.”

“WOOOO!” Flair shouts. “You wanna send a message, then we’ll send a message, pal! Maven, Michaels, Goldberg, they’re goin’ to wish they hadn’t started a fight-“ Flair pauses as he paces forward and back, slapping his arms, “with the… WOOOO… stylin’ and profilin’, limosine ridin’, jet flyin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’, son of a gun, Ric Flair!”

The fans woo in appreciation.

“Or the… hottest… young… talent… intheworld… today… Randy Orton!”

The crowd boo.

“Or the Game! The Cerebral Assassin. The best… by God… wrestler… in the-“

“Ric, stop,” Triple H says. “That’s enough. I don’t need all of that right now. What we need-“ he pauses as he reaches for his sledgehammer. “- is to make an impact. I don’t want any of those three walking out of here tonight. Do you hear me?
    They leave the arena in an ambulance, or we’ve failed.”

HHH turns back to the bench and adjusts his knee pad as Flair and Orton exchange a look.

“Have you ever seen Triple H this intense, JR?” King asks.

“Intense?! He’s a God man psychopath, is what he is. Threatening to send men to the hospital. What is wrong with him?”

“You wouldn’t get it, JR. Being a champion changes you. And if you had Goldberg coming after you, you’d be on edge too.”

***TEST, TEST, THIS IS, A TEST***

Out comes possibly the most unpopular man on Raw right now,
    TEST, dragging with him the lovely STACY KEIBLER. Once in the ring he grabs a microphone.

“So it turns oot that my uh-ponnent tonight is-“ he laughs to himself, “in-cuh-pacitated. So, referee, count him oot, and raise my hand is victory!”

***HELLOOOO, LADIES***

To the shock of Test and delight of Stacy,
    VAL VENIS sprints out from the back and tackles Test to the mat!

Test w/Stacy Keibler vs. Val Venis

Val wails on Test until the big man tries to escape, but Val chases him out and fights him back in the ring. Luckily for Test, Venis is still feeling the effects of the earlier assault and Test is able to take over with his generic big-man offence. The fans grow impatient with Val’s inability to mount a comeback, such are his injuries, so Test looks to put Val away with the Big Boot. He lines up the shot… when Stacy jumps on the apron and starts to lift her skirt! Test freaks out at Stacy acting out on her own and gets distracted, so Val limps over to Test… Russian Leg Sweep! He goes to the top… Money Shot! He hooks the leg… 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Val Venis in 4:41

Val rolls out of the ring and celebrates with the fans on the outside as Test looks on in shock. He gets to his feet and kicks the bottom rope in fury, pacing back-and-forth, when he sees Stacy grinning on the outside. He grabs her by the hair and tries to pull her in to the ring as the crowd boo… when SCOTT STEINER sprints out to the ring and meets Test with a series of right hands. Seeing the writing on the wall, Test runs away and down the ramp before Steiner can do any damage. Steiner then checks on Stacy as Test swears revenge from the ramp.

This week’s Smack Back – the weekly highlight segment of the previous episode of Smackdown - shows Undertaker winning the Triple Threat last week against Brock Lesnar and Big Show, setting him up for a WWE Title match this Thursday on Smackdown.

Triple H, Ric Flair & Randy Orton vs. Maven, Shawn Michaels & Goldberg

Our main event of the evening sees Evolution up against their three biggest tormenters. The babyfaces start with all the momentum, but Evolution’s experience of working together allows them to take over, as they isolate Maven from the rest of his team and systematically work him over.

This is Flair’s wheelhouse, doing whatever it takes to keep the referee pre-occupied with him and never what Orton and Flair are doing to keep Maven from tagging back out. Eventually he dropkicks out of an RKO attempt and makes the tag to Shawn, who runs wild on the panicking faction. He takes out Flair and Orton, leaving Triple H alone… so Michaels tags in Goldberg!

Triple H tries to beg off, but is beaten all over the ring! Triple H manages to tag out to Flair, but Goldberg chases him anyway as Michaels and Orton brawl on the outside. That allows Flair to take down the exhausted Maven and look for the Figure 4, but Maven isn’t the legal man… SPEAR FROM GOLDBERG! Goldberg sneaked back in to the ring! JACKHAMMER ON FLAIR! 1, 2, 3!

Winners: Goldberg, Shawn Michaels & Maven in 14:21

Triple H can only watch from a distance as Flair lays prone in the ring, with Goldberg stood triumphant over the 16-time champion. Orton and Michaels brawl in to the crowd and out of sight, leaving us with just the champion and his challenger in sight.

“Is this a look in to the future for Triple H?” JR screams. “Have we got another World Champion on the cards at Unforgiven? Thank you for joining everyone, and good night!”

Confirmed matches for next week

Steel Cage Match
    Kane vs. Rob Van Dam

Battle Royal for the Number One Contendership of the Intercontinental Title
    Chris Jericho vs. Garrison Cade vs. Goldust vs. Hurricane vs. Lance Storm vs. Mark Henry vs. Mark Jindrak vs. Maven vs. Rodney Mack vs. Rosey vs. Scott Steiner vs. Stevie Richards vs. Test vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Val Venis

Singles Match
    Gail Kim vs. Trish Stratus

Singles Match

Rob Conway vs. Spike Dudley

Confirmed matches for WWE Unforgiven

Title vs. Career: World Heavyweight Title Match

Triple H (c) vs. Goldberg

Legend Killer vs. Legend
    Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels

Last Man Standing Match
    Kane vs. Shane McMahon
    Last edited by Keefmoon; 07-09-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

I am defiantly excited to see what you have in store for us. I know you are really big into realism, so I appreciate you starting a 2003 RAW with HHH involved in a promo for a good 20 minutes, but we set up the main event in an effective way so good job there.

Not much to review when it comes to the match, but it is good to have the three Dudleys together. USA!!!!

I liked the promo between Stacy, Test and Val. This could be a good little feud between those two. I do like the way you right your promo…it isn’t the usual
    Test: promo, promo, promo
    Stacy: promo, promo, promo
    I like that a lot, but I would say maybe use some italics or something to break up the text some.

Strong, Strong promo from Shane and Eric here. Kane was your monster that he is needed to be. I like that you had RVD to make the save as there is some history there. I know some people where down on the Shane/Kane feud but I actually enjoyed their rivalry. The Last Man Standing should be really good as well as the Cage match next week.

Match was a good way of pushing Victoria. Good little promo from Molly and Gail. I wonder if Gail is going to get the belt and that lead to a Molly/Gail feud.

I miss the Highlight Reel and especially the Jeri-tron 5000. I like the hype for the battle royal and the potential feud between Jericho and Christian. I have 1 dollar CANADIAN that Jericho wins the battle royal next week.

Good follow-up to the promo earlier between Molly and Gail. I really think this leads to Gail getting the belt.

Triple H being sadistic is the best HHH that you can offer at this point. Makes me even more curious what is going to happen in the Main Event.

Good match and win for Venis. It doesn’t hurt Test in any way and I like the feud between Scott and Test. I hope you make it a little better than what WWE did with it.

I was thinking when this match started that either Maven or Flair was taking this pin. I’m glad you went with Flair and having Goldberg take him out and stand tall with HHH backing off. JR call to close the show was so good.

Squash Fodder

Status

Great first show to properly kick this BTB off, really enjoyed reading that.

It actually felt like a Raw from that era with the things going on and you have a good grasp of how each character speaks. The show - and the individual parts within - were all just the right length, and sadly makes me pine even more for the days when a Raw was only 2 hours long.

Good stuff, roll on Smackdown.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Nice easy set up for the 6 man tag match at the top of the show.

Nice to inject a different type of segment into the show with Test/Stacy/Venis. You can't seriously make it any worse than the train wreck that was the Test/Steiner feud.

Glad we didn't get any fried testicles on this show. Looking forward to Van Dam/Kane inside a Steel Cage. A great way to prolong Shane/Kane but also get a big match into the early stories of the project.

Molly Holly is great. Underrated as a female star. But so was Gail Kim. I hope that this storyline ends up with Gail growing tired of Molly and starting her rise up the ladder of the women's division.

Great segment that spawns off two feuds and leads nicely into next week's Battle Royal. Christian/Jericho has been seeded very well and it seems we are still having Test/Steiner then. Tonight's escapades should fuel the fire in the battle royal next week.

Stacy up to her old tricks... not that anyone would be complaining.

Main event went as expected. Flair is the guy you don't need to protect and Goldberg looks impressive with the big finish for the victory. Unforgiven shaping up nicely so far.

Overall a good start. These early shows will be transitional and we will see the true form of change in the coming month. Changing the Shane/Kane tonight was a huge improvement already. Keep up the great work.

Serious Professional

Status

Thank you to Bigmc123, Sebsy and Sykotic for the comments for the first show, I really am very grateful for the support. Obviously, as Bigmc123 says, I'm a stickler for realism (or as much as I can), so I will be building up gradually towards my own direction, and will try to book things as you would see a WWE show. Just hopefully a little better.

Thanks to Bigmc123's feedback about promos I will be trying to incorporate italics in to this show. I hope it works out okay, and if anyone has any other bits of feedback please do share.

September 4th 2003
    New Orleans, Louisiana

Rather than the pyrotechnic display we would usually see, instead we have VINCE MCMAHON marching down to the ring.

“Hello, everyone,” MICHAEL COLE says.Welcome to Smackdown, coming to you from New Orleans, Louisiana. I’m Michael Cole, with me is Tazz, and we have a huge night in store for you. The Cruiserweight Title will be on the line between Rey Mysterio and Tajiri, and Kurt Angle defends the WWE Title against The Undertaker. But as you can see, we’re going to kick things off with the boss.”

“Damn right,” TAZZ says. “And if the Chairman’s kicking off the show, you know we’ve got a real rocketbustah ahead of us.”

Vince grabs a microphone. “Thank you everyone for that- uh- that- warm welcome.” The crowd shower him with boos. “I’m here because I have a couple of important announcements regarding tonight’s show. Firstly, I need to inform you that my daughter, Stephanie McMahon, the General Manager of Smackdown, has been suspended for tonight’s show.” The crowd boo. “I have made it quite clear to Stephanie that I have found her performance to be, shall we say, sub-par, and I am yet to see the improvements I and the board expect. So, with that in mind, I have told my daughter to stay at home and think about all the mistakes she has made, and how she might avoid them in the future.”

“Chief amongst those mistakes,” he continues, “is the continued under-utilisation of a certain Brock Lesnar.” The crowd boo the former champion’s name. “Mr. Lesnar is clearly the most important member of the Smackdown payroll, after yours truly, of course, and the poor management of his talents is truly unacceptable. On that note, it troubles me that tonight’s main event match for the WWE Title does not include Mr. Lesnar, but rather, sees Kurt Angle defending his title against… The Undertaker.”

The crowd cheer for Big Evil. “Be that as it may, I can’t in good conscience let that match go ahead. I therefore am left to announce that tonight’s WWE Championship match is hereby cancelled.

The heat from the crowd is off the charts as McMahon beckons for them to calm down. “Please, there is no need to react in that manner. I’m merely-“

The crowd erupts in to a spontaneous 'ASSHOLE!' chant.

“I’m merely doing this for your own good,”
    he carries on, trying not to look flustered by the hostile reaction. “After all, can any of you really say that you would sooner see The Undertaker in the title match than Brock Lesnar?”

The crowd cheer in the affirmative, but quickly resort back to their previous chant. Vince tries to speak up, but is drowned out by the chants.

“SSSHHHHUUT UP!” he barks, to off-the-chart heat.

***MEDALS***

The crowd comes alive for the appearance of the WWE Champion, KURT ANGLE, and playfully chant “YOU SUCK!” along with his music. Dressed in a tracksuit, much at odds from Vince’s tailored suit, he comes down to the ring and grabs a microphone.

“Excuse me for interrupting, Vince, but I heard what you were saying, and I want to offer my point of view.”

“Frankly, Mr. Angle, I don’t care what your point of view is. I have other business to attend to. So if you wouldn’t mind-"

“I do mind, actually. I’ve got a real problem with what you’ve just said, Vince. I think you’re wrong about Steph. I think she’s done a fine job as General Manager here on Smackdown.” The fans cheer in agreement. “I hope she’s making the most of this week off to relax, but I expect her to be back next week. And if she isn’t, let me assure you, you’re going to have a lot of very unhappy wrestlers in the back.”

“I don’t care what-“

“I’m not finished, Vince. It’s bad enough you suspended your own daughter. But then you take a match, a title match no less, away from the fans? A match that was earned in the ring? Your problem is you have no respect for the ring, Vince. I’ve never known someone to make so much money from something he hates. Whatever you think of ‘Taker, he earned that title shot in the centre of the ring. He wasn’t handed a belt by a guy who looks like he should be in a Just For Men commercial . He earned it. 1, 2, 3. And because of that, he deserves the title shot. If you’ve got any respect for what we do here, you’ll put the match back on.”

“You want to talk about respect? I’m the Chairman of this company, pal,” Vince says, his voice growing louder and angrier with every word. You’d be training amateur wrestling to snot-nosed kids in sweaty high school gyms if it wasn’t for me. I made this company with my own two hands, and you’re going to come out here and make demands of me? You better get out of this ring before I strip you of that belt and hand it to my close personal friend Brock Lesnar. Do I make myself clear?”

Angle nods. “You do, Vince. You do. But I don’t think I made myself clear. I’m not leaving without that match being reinstated. And if you won’t do the right thing and give us the match, I’ll have no choice… but to take it.”

ANGLE TAKES VINCE DOWN! ANKLE LOCK! ANKLE LOCK ON THE CHAIRMAN!

Vince screams in pain, still holding his microphone, as Kurt rips and pulls at his ankle.

“ARGH! GOD DAMN IT, LET ME GO! LET ME GO, GOD DAMN IT! LET ME GO!”

“NOT UNTIL YOU RE-INSTATE THE MATCH! RE-INSTATE THE MATCH YOU SON OF A BITCH OR I’LL BREAK YOUR GOD DAMN ANKLE!

“AH GOD! OKAY, OKAY! YOU’VE GOT IT! THE MATCH GOES AHEAD! JUST LET GO OF MY DAMN ANKLE!”

Angle releases the hold and leaves Vince writhing in pain on the mat.

***DEAD MAN WALKING***

“Now what?” Cole shrieks as THE UNDERTAKER strides down to the ring.

Angle steps to one side as Big Evil stares him down… but GRABS VINCE BY THE THROAT! He lifts him high above his head… CHOKESLAM! Vince is out!

“What am I seeing?” Tazz says. “The two men in the title match tonight have just kicked the boss’ ass!”

‘Taker stands over Vince as Kurt walks towards him. He picks the belt off the mat and raises it above his head, and the two men stare each other down.

“The match goes ahead,” Cole shouts. “Undertaker… Kurt Angle… for the WWE Title… tonight!”

WWE Cruiserweight Title
    Tajiri vs. Rey Mysterio (c)

After having been turned on by his former partner Eddie Guerrero, Tajiri has found himself getting less and less support from the fans. And that is only exacerbated coming up against such a universally as competitor as the Cruiserweight Champion.

It's perhaps for this reason that Tajiri showed more of a vicious streak than we've possibly seen from him. Rey is always hard to handle, but Tajiri's "educated feet" (as JR might say) continually brought the masked superstar back down to ground.

But chief among Rey's attributes is his resilience. You have to be when you have to give up the size difference in every match you have. And as the match rolls on, Tajiri gets more and more frustrated at his inability to put the champion away. He goes for one Buzzsaw Kick too many, which Rey sees and counters in to a trip in to the ropes, one 619 and West Coast Pop later, and the champ retains the belt.

Winner and STILL WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Rey Mysterio in 11:01

"Breathtaking Cruiserweight action!" Cole says on commentary. "And action you can only see here on WWE Smackdown!"

"You ain't kiddin', Cole. Tajiri's a serious cat, but Rey got the job done tonight."

"And look at this, Tazz. What a show of respect from Tajiri."

That show of respect is, of course, a handshake. The fans applaud Tajiri, having seemingly forgiven him for his borderline illegal actions throughout the match, and- wait! Green mist to the face! The applause turns to boos as Tajiri skulks to the back, leaving Rey writhing in pain in the ring.

We cut backstage to see the APA in their office, with their usual random door-in-the middle-of-the-hallway aesthetic. They're sat at their table, playing cards, with half a dozen empty cans of beer already discarded. Their butler, BRUCE, brings over another two cans on a tray.

"Damn, Bradshaw," Simmons says, "you better slow down. You can't handle yo drink like you used to."

"Get outta here, Ron. I can still drink you under the table and you know it."

"If you lookin' for a competition, you're goin' about it the right way, boy."

"You're on!"

They both crack open a beer and pour it down their throats. As they do, MATT HARDY (VERSION 1.0) takes a seat at the table without an invitation, followed as always by SHANNON MOORE. The APA just stare at them, cans still held above their mouths.

"If we stay perfectly still," Bradshaw says, "maybe they'll go away."

"Hey, guys, how's it going?"
    Matt asks, oblivious. "Matt Hardy, Version 1.0."

He extends a hand, so the APA have to lower their drinks.

"Yeah," Bradshaw says, "we know who you are, son, we've been workin' in the same company for about five damn years now."

"Six," Matt corrects. "I came here expecting my match with Zach Gowen, but the coward has no showed again."

"Didn't that kid get his leg broken or somethin' by Brock Lesnar?"

"Details, Brad. Now that leaves me without anything to do tonight, and I see you are partaking in a little card-playing. What is it, poker? I'm great at poker. Matt Fact: I have never been beaten in a game of poker."

Simmons and Bradshaw exchange a glance.

"Is that so?" Bradshaw asks.

"Rule number 28 of Mattitude: Never tell a lie."

Bradshaw nods. "Fair enough, son. You're welcome to join our game. To speak a little Spanish, our casa is your casa too, hombre. Seein' as how you're all unbeaten in poker, how 'bout we make this interesting? How does hundred dollar buy in sound?"

"Sounds like too little. How about two-hundred?"

"I'll be damned!"
    Simmons adds.

"You got yourself a deal," Bradshaw says. "Let's get you a beer. Bruce, get these gentlemen a cold beer."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Matt says. "I will not have you take a slave in my presence."

"He's not a slave, he's a-"

"Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. No slaves. Rule number 161b of Mattitude. So please don't insult me and my Mattitude by treatin' your little slave like that in front of me. You oughta show people with more respect." He turns to Shannon. "Shannon, go get me a beer."

Meanwhile, VINCE MCMAHON is being tended to by an EMT when BROCK LESNAR walks in.

"Where in the hell were you?" Vince growls. "I just had my ankle broken by that son of a bitch Kurt Angle."

The EMT steps forward. "Uh, Mr. McMahon, sir, I'm pretty sure your ankle isn't broken. It looks like a minor sprain."

McMahon's face tightens. "I think I know more about medicine than you, Doctor. Now GET OUT!"

The doctor sighs and leaves Brock and Vince alone.

Brock starts breathing heavily, angry. "What happened?"

"I was giving my announcement about the title match being off and Kurt Angle put me in that damn Anklelock and insisted I re-instate the match."

"So it's back on?"

"You're God damn right it's back on! He damn near snapped my ankle in two. And don't you forget, Brock, that you tapped out at Summerslam to that very move. So don't you give me-"

"But we were-"

"I know what we wanted to do, damn it! I was trying to tidy the mess my disappointment of a daughter had created, and look where it got me. The inmates are running the asylum! I should never have put her in charge."

"So what do we do?"

Vince contorts his face even further, his face an image of the devil come to life. "I want you to send a message tonight. Let the world know... no-one... messes... with Vince McMahon."

Shelton Benjamin w/Charlie Haas vs. Billy Kidman

Kidman, the ever-supported former Cruiserweight Champion, starts this one with all the momentum, trying to finish the match off quickly before Shelton's partner can influence the match from the outside. It takes just over a minute before Kidman's looking for a Shooting Star Press, but luckily to Shelton, Haas distracts Kidman long enough that he can dart up the ropes and nail a Belly to Belly off the top rope.

From there, Shelton takes over. He gradually wears Kidman down, combining his amateur abilities with his athletic pedigree, until Kidman again finds an opening and starts to work his way back in. Again Haas tries to interfere, but this time Kidman sees it coming and sends Haas in to Shelton! Kidman rolls Shelton up... 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Billy Kidman in 5:54

Benjamin and Haas can't believe it! They had the numbers advantage and somehow they still came out with a loss! Kidman has his hand raised in victory... so the World's Greatest Tag Team jump him from behind! Kidman has little answer as Haas stomps him down and Shelton grabs their belts. Haas holds Kidman up with his arms behind his back, allowing Shelton to send the belt crashing in to his unprotected skull.

The Tag Champions may have lost, but they certainly sent a message.

CHRIS BENOIT is backstage doing squats in his locker room, when the US Champion EDDIE GUERRERO walks in.

"Orale, vato!" Eddie says, offering a fist for Benoit to bump. He ignores it. "What’s the matter, homes? You gonna pretend I ain't here?"

Benoit continues with his squats.

"Esse, you know we're going to team tonight-"

"I didn't ask for that," Benoit interrupts, finishing his exercise. "I don't want to team with you. I don't want to look at you. If we have to team, fine. But once we're done in the ring, it's over."

"Don't be like this, Chris! We go way back! Don't you remember ECW? Or-"

Benoit gets in Eddie's face. "What I remember, is you repeatedly screwing me out of the US Title. But you're right, I do know you. It's why I want nothing to do with you."

"Why you've gotta do me like that, esse?! I came in here waving the white flag, trying to mend bridges. But you're making me wish I didn't bother, esse."

"My problem is with A-Train,"
    Benoit says. "Yours is with Cena. Tonight, we have to work together. But after that, we're done."

We see a recap from last week, where Eddie Guerrero defended his US Title against John Cena in his home town. They had a great back-and-forth match, which ended when Cena desperately low blowed Eddie for the disqualification, and then put the exclamation mark on it with a vicious FU on to a car tyre. Looks like this feud is only getting started…

As we come back from the previous video, we have A-TRAIN already in the ring, ready to team with Cena against Benoit and Guerrero, when...

***SO… YOU THINK YOU’RE UNTOUCHABLE***

“Yo, yo, yo,” JOHN CENA says as he makes his way to the ring. “Y’all, I gots somethin’ to say, so listen up."

"Last week I faced the US Champ, and left him lying in the ring,
    This week he comes back for more, but with his flaccid Wolverine."

"So whether it’s Eddie, or it’s Benoit, I’m the one winning this fall,
    One’s missing teeth, the other’s just missing balls."

*OOOH!*

"Yo, so they tell me my punishment, is to face them here on Smackers,

The real punishment they’re givin’ me is makin’ me team with Chewbacca."

"After last week, I really hope Eddie’s still feelin’ at his best,
    Cos I’ll still beat him with the FU, while Benoit taps to Chewy’s bad breath."

"But yo, Train, teaming with you, it’s still better than teamin’ with those vanilla midgets,
    I’ll beat them both so hard I’ll go to jail, and make them my prison bitches.”

"John Cena!" Cole says from commentary, with more thann a little exasperation in his voice.

A-Train & John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit

Guerrero and Benoit start well, but their size disadvantage sees Eddie getting isolated, leaving Benoit pacing on the apron. Cena's gradually getting more popular with the fans, but turns them against him by only fighting as long as they have the advantage, and tagging A-Train back in when it looks like the momentum might be swinging.

Luckily, Eddie does make the tag, and Benoit comes in nicely rested. German Suplex on A-Train! German Suplex on Cena! They're both down in the centre of the ring, so Benoit goes up for the Flying Headbutt... but to both of them! No! They move out of the way at the last minute! Benoit's staggered, so Cena lifts him up for an FU... but Benoit wriggles out... Crossface! Benoit has it locked in! But Cena's not the legal man... Cena powers up and A-Train bounces off the ropes... Bicycle Kick! Benoit tumbles in to the corner and Eddie makes the blind tag.

Benoit falls out of the ring as Eddie comes in. He whips A-Train in to the ropes, and Cena makes a blind tag this time. Eddie backdrops A-Train out as Cena grabs his chain, wraps it around his wrist, and swings! But Eddie ducks... Suplex! Pops the hips... another... and another! Cena's out!

Eddie goes to the top rope, but A-Train grabs his foot... but Benoit pulls him away... Crossface on A-Train on the outside! Eddie comes off the top... in to a fist with the steel chain from Cena! And the referee didn’t see it! Cena makes the cover... 1, 2, 3!

Winners: John Cena & A-Train in 7:04

We cut backstage to where the card game between the APA and MATT HARDY (VERSION 1.0). Bradshaw and Simmons can barely see over the mound of chips they've won. Matt is staring in disbelief at the only three he has remaining.

"What're you sayin, son?" Bradshaw asks. "You raisin', or you foldin'?"

Matt scratches his head. He looks up to SHANNON MOORE, who, with sight of his cards, shakes his head. Matt scowls.

"I'm all in."

He pushes his three chips to the centre of the table as Shannon's head falls in to his hands.

"Read them and weep," Simmons mumbles over his cigar, and turns over a Flush. "What you got?"

Frustrated, Matt wipes the table clear with his arm. "You two are cheating!"

Bradshaw laughs. "Damn, boy! You're one bad loser. It ain't our fault you don't know how to play poker." He suddenly falls deadly serious. "Now let's see your money. $200."

Matt jumps to his feet and flips the table, spilling beer all over the APA.

"The hell you playin' at, son?" Simmons yells.

"I'm done with you two. Mattitude Rule 72: Never play with cheats."

"Like hell you are," Bradshaw says. "APA Rule Number 1: Give us your money, or we whip your ass!"

"Then you've got yourselves a match," Matt says. "Shannon here's going to make you regret messing with Matittude."

"Aw, hell nah! Get your narrow asses down to the ring and you've got a tag match!"

Matt and Shannon storm off.

"Oh, by the way," Bradshaw calls after them. "Given who you've been try'na fight for the last few weeks, you might need me to remind ya we both got two working legs, and we're using both of 'em to kick your ass!"

Meanwhile, Josh Matthews is stood backstage with THE UNDERTAKER.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here alongside the Number One Contender to the WWE Championship. Undertaker, your title match tonight is now back on thanks to the persistence of the champion, Kurt Angle. Do you think Kurt's obvious respect for you will factor in to the match?"

'Taker scowls. "You wanna talk to me about respect? Kurt Angle showed me the basic level of respect I've earned from thirteen years in this company. But respect don't win you championships. You win championships by kickin' ass and takin' names. So I don't care what Kurt Angle thinks of me. That's still my yard, I'm still the big dog in it, and you can bet your ass I'm gonna be the one walking out with the belt. We done?"

Matthews sheepishly nods.

"Then get outta my way."

Brock Lesnar vs. Orlando Jordan

Jordan doesn't get a lick. Brock mauls him from the opening bell, and in under two minutes he's nailed an F5 and is ready for the victory.

But Vince McMahon didn't tell him to win. He told him to send a message. So Brock picks the youngster up, and hits him with another F5. And then nails with him a Powerbomb. Actually, make that a Double Powerbomb. Or a Triple Powerbomb. And... another F5. Orlando Jordan is little more than mush on the mat, so the referee calls the match before any more damage can be done.

Winner: Brock Lesnar by referee stoppage in 3:03

The announcement of his victory does little to stop Brock. He drags Orlando to the outside... and hits A POWERBOMB IN TO THE BARRICADE! Security pours out to the ringside area to calm him down, and they desperately appeal for him to see sense. He looks at them, then at Jordan, then back at them... AND DESTROYS THEM AS WELL!

The security personnel try to flee but Brock smashes his way throughthem, tossing them around the ringside area until he's left with nothing but half a dozen unconscious bodies around his feet.

Message sent.

We cut to the interview area, where Josh Matthews is standing by with BILLY KIDMAN.

"Billy, earlier tonight you beat Shelton Benjamin in a one-on-one match, only to be left laying by him and his tag partner Charlie Haas. What are your thoughts towards the World's Greatest Tag Team?"

"I'll be honest with you, Josh, since I took that shot to the head, I'm not sure I have many thoughts left. All I know is that I won that match cleanly, and they couldn't take it. There was two of them, one of me, and I still came on top. So that's got me thinking; if I can beat them on my own, what could I do with a tag partner? So I'm challenging you, Haas and Benjamin, to a match next week on Smackdown. I'll find a partner, and I'll show you that I really am the better man."

"Hideous..."

"Gruesome..."

… we see him surrounded by police officers, leading him out of an armoured police van...

"Sadistic..."

… we see him setting the casket on fire at the 1998 Royal Rumble...

"Grotesque..."

… we see him unmask...

"Violent..."

"Cruel..."

… we see his debut, when he ripped the doors on Hell in a Cell and Tombstoned his own brother...

"Perverted..."

"Vicious..."

"Unforgiven."

Matt Hardy v1 & Shannon Moore vs. APA

Matt Fact: Matt has never lost a fair card game

If the APA had a little too much to drink during cards, it doesn't show in their in-ring performance. They give Matt and Shannon very little to go on for a lot of the match, with Team Mattitude only getting the brief offence they have through a cheap shot and isolating Ron Simmons. Even then, it's just a matter of time until the Bradshaw gets the tag, smashes his way through Matt, and nails Shannon with a Clothesline From Hell for the win.

Winners: APA in 4:48

This week's Raw Rebound is from the main event, where Evolution took on Maven, Shawn Michaels and Goldberg. With his shot at Triple H just a few weeks away, Goldberg nailed Ric Flair with a Jackhammer and picked up the victory for his team. Triple H could only watch on from the outside, potentially seeing his time as World Champion ticking away. Will we have a new champion at Unforgiven?

We cut backstage to where Josh Matthews is stood by with the WWE Champion, KURT ANGLE.

"Kurt, we are just moments away from your WWE Championship match with The Undertaker. Just a few minutes ago we heard from The Undertaker that-"

"I heard what The Undertaker said, Josh. 'Blah blah my yard'. 'Blah blah big dog'. I've heard it all before, Josh. 'Taker likes to talk the big fight, and he often backs it up in the ring. But he's not the WWE Champion. I am. And you know how I got here?"

Matthews scrunches his face. "With your three Is?"

"What?" Angle asks. "No. Well, yeah, I guess. But no, that's not what I meant. I got to where I am because I'm the best wrestler in the world. 'Taker can punch me in the face all he wants. He can call himself a dog all he wants too, for that matter. It doesn't bother me. I do my talking in the ring, and tonight, the only talking The Undertaker's going to be doing is with his hand, when he taps out to my Anklelock. Oh, it's true, it's true."

WWE Championship Match
    Kurt Angle (c) vs. The Undertaker

For all Angle just said, the opening of this title match is all Undertaker. He barely gives Angle a sniff (there's another dog metaphor), using those old soupbones to keep the upper hand. It's only when Angle counters one punch in to an Armbar, and transitions that in to a Leg Lock, that Angle is able to take over. 'Taker tries to scrap his way out, but with the match on the mat he's entirely out of his depth.

Luckily for him, he's tall and strong enough to be able to power out of one such submission attempt, and uses the opportunity to drop Angle in to the turnbuckle with Snake Eyes! He runs off the rope... Big Boot! Angle goes down! 'Taker waits for him to get to his feet with his arm outstretched... Chokeslam... no! Angle lands behind him... Angle Slam... no... Chokeslam! He nails it!

"New champion!" Tazz yells from commentary.

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

The Undertaker has done it!

No! Referee Charles Robinson hadn't seen Angle's foot on the bottom rope! 'Taker argues with the referee about the validity of the call, but Robinson overrides his own decision and says the match must continue!

'Taker returns to Kurt Angle, who still hasn't moved since the Chokeslam... ANKLELOCK! Angle was playing possum! He has 'Taker in the middle of the ring... but 'Taker powers out! Both men get to their feet, and 'Taker lands a kick to the gut. He signals for the Last Ride! He lifts Angle high above his head... but Angle rolls through! ANKLELOCK! And this time he has it in properly!

The Undertaker tries to kick the champion away again but can't, so he stretches those enormous arms towards the ropes. He edges closer and closer... and makes it! Angle has to release the hold, no matter how little he might want to.

He lets go and returns to the centre of the ring as 'Taker struggles back to his feet... and Angle pulls down the straps! Now he means business! 'Taker hobbles over... kick to the gut... Angle Slam! NO! 'Taker reverses by wrapping his hand around Angle's throat! He lifts him up for a Chokeslam... but Angle drops back out... Angle Slam! NO! 'Taker lands back on his feet! Kick to the gut... LAST RIDE! HE'S GOING FOR IT AGAIN! He pulls Angle between his legs... but Angle drops to the floor and tackles 'Taker down... ANKLEOCK! 'Taker kicks him away... AND TURNS HIM UPSIDE DOWN FOR A TOMBSTONE! But Angle slips out... ANGLE SLAM! AND HE HITS IT THIS TIME!

But he can't make the cover! He's too exhausted from the constant reversals. He crawls over to the challenger, when BROCK LESNAR slides in to the ring! Charles Robinson pleads with him to not get involved as 'Taker and Angle get to their feet... Double Clothesline from Lesnar!

Winner: Draw after 14:23

The bell rings, but again Brock doesn't stop. He's been sent on a mission by Vince, and he won't stop until the message has been heard. Kurt Angle gets to his feet and is immediately met with an Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex by Lesnar. Brock turns to 'Taker and lifts him off the mat... when The Undertaker meets him with a flurry of right hands!

Brock tries to cover up, but 'Takers offence is just too quick. Brock gets pounded down to the corner as Undertaker punches over and over again, having been screwed out of the title by the former champion.

But here comes Angle! He pulls 'Taker away from Brock and they face off, the tension radiating between them after nearly fifteen minutes of back and forth action...

... AND THEY WORK TOGETHER TO STOMP DOWN BROCK!

***WEEEEEELL... WELL IT'S THE BIG SHOW!***

"Wait a minute!" Cole yells, as the BIG SHOW stomps down to the ring.

'Taker and Angle leave Brock alone and get ready for the Big Show, so Brock jumps 'Taker from behind. Angle rushes at Show but is headbutted away, and between them, Show and Lesnar lay the boots to Angle and 'Taker.

Then, and only then, MR. MCMAHON is wheeled out on to the stage by PAT PATTERSON in a completely unnecessary wheelchair.

McMahon grins and barks orders to his giant subordinates as they take turns on the fallen and exhausted competitors in the ring. Angle staggers to his feet, but is sent straight back down with a colossal Chokeslam from Big Show. 'Taker then uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet, but is scooped up and planted with an F5.

Vince then barks at Patterson to help him from the wheelchair, and with Kurt and 'Taker down, McMahon limps over to raise Big Show and Brock Lesnar's hands in 'victory'.

"The night may not have started how Vince McMahon expected," Cole says, "but it damn sure ended like it."

"I'd say Mr. McMahon has put his stamp here on Smackdown once again,"
    Tazz adds.

"You could say that. Look at the devastation in the ring! Big Show and Brock Lesnar, working together!"

WWE United States Title Match

A-Train vs. Eddie Guerrero (c)

Non-Title Match
    World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Billy Kidman & His Partner

Singles Match
    Tajiri vs. Funaki

Tag Match
    Basham Brothers vs. Independent Talent

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

Despite the fun introduction to the thread, I’m still going to miss your WCW thread, and I get the feeling this thread might be a slow burner for the first few weeks of shows, simply just because there’s a lot of loose ends to tie up. I appreciate you not just doing a WCW 2000 and ripping everything up and starting again.

For that reason, I’ll not dwell too much on the spill over angles that are being finished up, though I was slightly disappointed that you’ve booked a Last Man Standing match between Kane and Shane like in real life, as opposed to something more ridiculous for this feud like a scaffold match above a fire pit, patrolled by Lions. Has the electrocuted balls segment happened at this stage irl or was it still to come? Please keep that in. In all seriousness, I see Unforgiven being the end of this feud, and given how hot the Kane character was post-unmasking, I hope he’s a big part of things moving forward in more serious/believable angles, with more focus on his warped psyche.

I’m looking forward to a renewed push for Val Venis here. I had plans once briefly for a post-WM X7 thread and a return to the porn star gimmick was on the cards for Val. That’ll probably never see the light of day, but I hope to live that push vicariously through what you end up doing with him. And if it means we’re soon moving away from that God awful Test/Steiner business, I’m all for it.

A Jericho/Christian feud should be fun. It will likely see Jericho turn face - mainly because Christian is great as the dick heel - but without the addition of Trish in the feud, these two could have a much more entertaining rivalry. The interactions here alone on the Highlight Reel was a promising start. “Will our friendship survive me beating you with the unprettier” cracked me up. Steiners part was even fine too, and sets up what should be the final two in next weeks battle royal - where hopefully Steiner tosses Test to end their never ending feud.

Onto Smackdown;

Angles back and forth with Vince was fun for the most part. Not sure if you’re going for a goody-goody geeky version of Angle here, but a few things he said came across that way, like his talk about hoping Stephanie relaxing and making the most of her time off. It’s a nice change of pace if that’s what you’re shooting for, as the majority of the time, people end up booking Angle as the super intense wrestling machine character.

I loved him telling Vince he’s never known anyone to take so much money from something he hates. That was money imo. As was Vince telling Kurt where he’d be without McMahon. And Angle, as your pure wrestling hero, taking on the sportz entertainment boss could be a really cool angle to follow, and a new coat of paint on the age old heel authority figure vs top face feud. I really enjoyed the way Angle got the match back on, and obviously paints him as the fighting champion, attacking the boss to get a title defence back on.

I suspect I’m going to really enjoy Matt Hardy in this thread, and he’ll make for some great comic relief on Smackdown. Funny stuff with the APA on this show, and it even led to a match, so there’s even a pay off!

Very pleased that the Cena/Eddie feud is happening. I always felt that feud was only getting started and got cut short, so I’m hoping this is more of a long term angle. It could be tremendous imo. Good use of the Cena rap here too, as I’m sure they’ll get tedious after a while to think up every week (unless you really enjoy rapping?)

I’d obviously assume that Mysterio would be Kidman’s partner for obvious reasons, but given they had a shot at Vengeance and failed, plus Rey is tied up in the CW division, this should be an introduction for Paul London. And obviously a WGTT vs Kidman/London feud could be amazing.

Lesnar killing Jordan was a fine use of the monster, and while it’s always somewhat anticlimactic for a big title match to end in a no contest, I think that had to be expected on this show. It’s only one show, but already, I know I’m going to have a blast reading your portrayal of Mr McMahon. From him earlier saying he had a broken ankle (and the EMT dismissing it) to being wheeled out by Patterson at the end, this over the top stuff really tickles me. Lesnar and Show working together makes for an intimidating tag team to say the least, and right now, the Smackdown main event scene - with added McMahon - feels much more fresh and interesting than what’s happening on Raw.

Solid start to things here. Smackdown was a lot more fun, but Raw really intrigues me, considering just how much work it’ll take to make that show truly interesting. A lot to be excited about for this thread.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I read Raw and thought you are off to a solid start here, with continuing current angles and not much abnormal really happening. I look forward to reading this one though.

Opening the show with Vince McMahon is pretty stock standard for 2003, as you mentioned in your roster write up, he basically dominated the show. Vince suspending Stephanie is fine but when/if she comes back, this feud needs to end. Nobody wants to see the McMahon’s going at it anymore. Still though, good stuff for what it was with Vince throwing digs at her, and talking up Brock. Once Angle came out business picked up, and him being annoyed at Vince cancelling the title match makes sense. The only part of this I wasn’t completely behind was the Ankle Lock part. Don’t get me wrong; I enjoyed the call back to when Foley did this to Shane in the attitude era; however I felt that really worked at the time because of the submission hold Foley used. Vince holding the mic and still having the ability to talk whilst being locked into the most painful lock in the business just seems off to me. I like the idea but I didn’t completely buy into the execution. The match back on and ‘Taker further beating on Vince were great outcomes and a fun ending to what was still a pretty solid start to the show.

Tajiri/Mysterio in a Cruiserweight Title match to open the show? No complaints at all, an awesome idea. The match itself got a good amount of time which is always a bonus and went as you’d expect, with Mysterio coming back and getting the win. I LOVED the mist spot afterwards which leads me to believe that the issues between these guys isn’t over. Also, push Tajiri please.

I miss these old APA segments so much so this was a really fun blast from the past. I thought you had the characterisations perfectly. The inclusion of Matt Hardy was a lot of fun to, and I always thought he should have got a push with his Mattitude gimmick, so I’m happy to see him included. The Matt Facts and the hypocritical behaviour by treating Moore like a slave after giving The APA a hard time was brilliant. Awesome stuff.

LOL at McMahon telling the doctor he knows more than him, typical. Fully expect some Brock interference in tonight’s championship match after this segment. Solid stuff.

Kidman/Benjamin is another good match really, and glad to see Kidman overcome the interference and pick up a win. The champs attacking Kidman afterwards gives Kidman the perfect ammo to search for a partner. Solid angle advancement here, enjoyed this.

Benoit/Guerrero segment was fun and a nice way to promote the almost strange bedfellows partnership that they are forced to have tonight.

Enjoyed the Cena rap tremendously; however I would have liked if we got a little description on A Train’s reaction after he copped a few insults in there to. Could have added another interesting element to this tag match if these two were a little rocky also.

A nice tag team match here which is basically just booking 101. Benoit/A Train pair off with Benoit Crossfacing him on the outside, and it allows Cena to cheat and pin the US Champ. Considering Eddie/Cena already have a feud after last week, this makes perfect sense to give Cena another shot. Nobody loses face here either. Very smart, simple booking.

The APA and Matt Hardy getting into a big time argument is just fun stuff, standard for these segments. LOL at The APA’s rule number one thought that was a very good play on words. And an impromptu match perhaps? Cool. Either way, this was great.

‘Taker interview was fine. Simple hype for tonight’s main event. It’s refreshing to see him booked as The American Badass to as I don’t think that happens very often in this forum.

Damn son. Poor Orlando. Brock kills him and then destroys him after the match as well. Message well and truly sent, good stuff.

Kidman looking for a partner is as expected. I kind of hope it’s not Mysterio because that’s the really obvious choice, but we’ll have to wait and see I guess.

Unforgiven… Sweet!

The APA were always winning this match which makes me sad because I LOVED this version of Hardy. I enjoyed the Matt Fact here as well, playing on what happened earlier in the night. Entertaining stuff with this angle throughout the night to say the least.

Angle interview to hype the match was great as well.

It’s main event time. A very good main event match and standard TV stuff where you don’t give away the finish. ‘Taker dominating early until Angle turned it into a wrestling match was all well and good. The Chokeslam false finish was nice and the ending sequence with all the counters was fun as hell. Brock was ALWAYS getting involved here so the match ends in a draw. One thing I enjoyed is you protected your champ here, as opposed to he’s about to lose and then the interference happens. I hate that. Anyway, Brock’s interference backfiring only for Big Show to make the save just adds another soldier for Vince McMahon. Enjoyed the ending to this show. Vince being in a wheelchair is quite funny as well, again another throwback to the attitude era.

Also LOL at The Basham’s against jobbers being hyped for next week’s show. That’s what’s bringing me back to read…

Anyway, one thing I noticed with WCW and it happened again here, you really do stay true to your time period. I can’t compliment you enough for that, it’s so refreshing. Smackdown was a fun show, and again, you’ve basically continued all of the angles that real life was currently running. I get the feeling we are going to have to wait a few more weeks until you really put your imprint on things. Still though, off to a good start. Keep it up.

Indy Talent

Status

I always right my reviews segment by segment, so this is just a stream of consciousness thought. I really enjoyed the opening segment, I am actually watching 2003 RAW’s right now and this first promo made me want to switch to SD. I am wondering where Brock Lesnar is in this scenario here. I am curious to see what Vince has to say to his “close personal” friend or if you have Brock give an excuse on why he didn’t run in b/c I was waiting for it as soon as the Ankle lock went on.

Good match from Rey and Tajiri here. I enjoyed the CW division a hell of a lot when I was a kid watching it growing up. I am interested to see if you give Tajiri a proper feud w/ Mysterio or use him as fodder.

He called him BRAD!!!!! I present to you the Promo of the Year award right now. I can read Mattitude Promos from you everyday and laugh so hard. My wife literally jumped b/c I just yelled out HE CALLED HIM BRAD!! Please let this continue throughout the night.

Good follow up to the opening segment and I hope this leads to Brock killing some job guys tonight or interrupting the title match. I forget, where is Heyman at in all this around this time.

Good little match/segment with WGTT and Kidman. Shelton is one of my favorite wrestlers, so I hope you do good by him. I wonder if this is a one time thing w/ Kidman or if he gets a partner.

Going tackle the entire Guerrero/Benoit/Cena stuff at one time. I really enjoyed that Benoit isn’t very trustworthy of Guerrero b/c I believe he just turned Face at this time. This makes him the perfect opponent for Cena if your doing a slow burn Face turn for John. I think you were able to get some good things across in the tag match, with the continuation of Cena/Eddy and showing that Benoit is all about winning matches.

Back to the poker game and I really am going need a Matt Rule Book please filled with Matt Facts. This match should be fun and I def see Moore taking a beating while Matt scurries away.

Good job of Brock sending a message to the roster. I hope we do not see Jordan for a couple of months. Maybe give sometime for you to repackage him if you choose to. Overall, this was exactly what it needed to be.

Cool that you are going with a WGTT/Kidman feud. I’m curious to see who you tag with him. I wonder if it’ll be someone from his WCW past.

I was hoping that you would include a Matt Fact with the match. Did you know and this is a true Matt Fact…Matt hates Mustard….onto the match and it is as expected with Moore taking the fall. I really hope you have some fun with this…and please don’t forget the Moore-ON Crash Holley.
    I loved the main event…the way you booked it, you allow for Taker to have a rightful claim to the title…you have Brock and Big Show as a team…so you got a PPV match right there and then can have Big Show say he deserves a match as well….The Main Event scene on Smackdown is stacked.

Squash Fodder

Status

Cracking start to Smackdown, as it was with Raw. Smackdown certainly has the more interesting roster atm, as has been said many times.

It's the little touches that are taking this to the next level. The Matt Fact just before the match was good. You don't make a big deal of little touches like this and just let the reader take it for what it is.

It feels like these shows are the sort of thing you would expect to see happening at the time, but better.

As others have said, the start is a slow-burn because you're keeping it realistic and not just changing everything right off the bat, and this is a good thing. It's allowing me to get in to it because I can remember parts of what was happening at the time and can see some of the changes slowly taking place for the better.

It's evoking all the right memories of this time period for me, and I'm looking forward to the coming weeks as things start to properly move in to keefmoon territory.

Serious Professional

Status

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm so grateful to everyone who takes the time to comment that I want to make sure I reply to everyone, but I also don't want to artificially bump this to the top of the section every couple of days. With that in mind, I'm planning on doing something of a "mailbox" type deal, where once I have a bunch of feedback I'll reply to them all in one comment.

But before I do go through one by one, I just want to say a mass thank you to everyone for commenting so far. I know you're supposed to write for yourself and not others, but it does make it very rewarding when you can read back on what people think of what you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmc123 View Post
    I am defiantly excited to see what you have in store for us. I know you are really big into realism, so I appreciate you starting a 2003 RAW with HHH involved in a promo for a good 20 minutes, but we set up the main event in an effective way so good job there.

Not much to review when it comes to the match, but it is good to have the three Dudleys together. USA!!!!

I liked the promo between Stacy, Test and Val. This could be a good little feud between those two. I do like the way you right your promo…it isn’t the usual
    Test: promo, promo, promo
    Stacy: promo, promo, promo
    I like that a lot, but I would say maybe use some italics or something to break up the text some.

Strong, Strong promo from Shane and Eric here. Kane was your monster that he is needed to be. I like that you had RVD to make the save as there is some history there. I know some people where down on the Shane/Kane feud but I actually enjoyed their rivalry. The Last Man Standing should be really good as well as the Cage match next week.

Match was a good way of pushing Victoria. Good little promo from Molly and Gail. I wonder if Gail is going to get the belt and that lead to a Molly/Gail feud.

I miss the Highlight Reel and especially the Jeri-tron 5000. I like the hype for the battle royal and the potential feud between Jericho and Christian. I have 1 dollar CANADIAN that Jericho wins the battle royal next week.

Good follow-up to the promo earlier between Molly and Gail. I really think this leads to Gail getting the belt.

Triple H being sadistic is the best HHH that you can offer at this point. Makes me even more curious what is going to happen in the Main Event.

Good match and win for Venis. It doesn’t hurt Test in any way and I like the feud between Scott and Test. I hope you make it a little better than what WWE did with it.

I was thinking when this match started that either Maven or Flair was taking this pin. I’m glad you went with Flair and having Goldberg take him out and stand tall with HHH backing off. JR call to close the show was so good.
    Ha! Being such a stickler for realism there was no other way to start the show than with HHH talking for 20 minutes. I won't do it every week, but this is the WWE, so it may crop up from time to time...

I agree that psychotic HHH is arguably the best HHH, so I'd like to tap in to some of that. Plus, if he's a complete mad man but is still in fear of Goldberg, that can only get him over too.

Quote Originally Posted by sebsy View Post
    Great first show to properly kick this BTB off, really enjoyed reading that.

It actually felt like a Raw from that era with the things going on and you have a good grasp of how each character speaks. The show - and the individual parts within - were all just the right length, and sadly makes me pine even more for the days when a Raw was only 2 hours long.

Good stuff, roll on Smackdown.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it and that I managed to get the vibe of the shows right. I completely agree that 3 hour Raws is absolute death. I personally think 2 hours borders on too long. If Breaking Bad can make a 45 minute episode be one of the greatest things I've ever seen, why do you even need three hours to tell a story (or not, as is often the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Nice easy set up for the 6 man tag match at the top of the show.

Nice to inject a different type of segment into the show with Test/Stacy/Venis. You can't seriously make it any worse than the train wreck that was the Test/Steiner feud.

Glad we didn't get any fried testicles on this show. Looking forward to Van Dam/Kane inside a Steel Cage. A great way to prolong Shane/Kane but also get a big match into the early stories of the project.

Molly Holly is great. Underrated as a female star. But so was Gail Kim. I hope that this storyline ends up with Gail growing tired of Molly and starting her rise up the ladder of the women's division.

Great segment that spawns off two feuds and leads nicely into next week's Battle Royal. Christian/Jericho has been seeded very well and it seems we are still having Test/Steiner then. Tonight's escapades should fuel the fire in the battle royal next week.

Stacy up to her old tricks... not that anyone would be complaining.

Main event went as expected. Flair is the guy you don't need to protect and Goldberg looks impressive with the big finish for the victory. Unforgiven shaping up nicely so far.

Overall a good start. These early shows will be transitional and we will see the true form of change in the coming month. Changing the Shane/Kane tonight was a huge improvement already. Keep up the great work.
    You're absolutely right, the first couple of shows will be somewhat transitional, although I'm hoping from this week to start injecting a little more of my own stuff in there as well. There's a running angle throughout the next Raw that I really enjoyed putting together, and hope that comes across.

Glad Goldberg came across as impressive. WWE just absolutely did not know how to book the guy. To me, he's the quintessential "stack 'em up and knock 'em down" guy. He shouldn't be going 50/50 or being sympathetic. He's basically a monster, but a cool one people want to cheer. I just hope it's not too late in his WWE career to salvage him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Despite the fun introduction to the thread, I’m still going to miss your WCW thread, and I get the feeling this thread might be a slow burner for the first few weeks of shows, simply just because there’s a lot of loose ends to tie up. I appreciate you not just doing a WCW 2000 and ripping everything up and starting again.

For that reason, I’ll not dwell too much on the spill over angles that are being finished up, though I was slightly disappointed that you’ve booked a Last Man Standing match between Kane and Shane like in real life, as opposed to something more ridiculous for this feud like a scaffold match above a fire pit, patrolled by Lions. Has the electrocuted balls segment happened at this stage irl or was it still to come? Please keep that in. In all seriousness, I see Unforgiven being the end of this feud, and given how hot the Kane character was post-unmasking, I hope he’s a big part of things moving forward in more serious/believable angles, with more focus on his warped psyche.

I’m looking forward to a renewed push for Val Venis here. I had plans once briefly for a post-WM X7 thread and a return to the porn star gimmick was on the cards for Val. That’ll probably never see the light of day, but I hope to live that push vicariously through what you end up doing with him. And if it means we’re soon moving away from that God awful Test/Steiner business, I’m all for it.

A Jericho/Christian feud should be fun. It will likely see Jericho turn face - mainly because Christian is great as the dick heel - but without the addition of Trish in the feud, these two could have a much more entertaining rivalry. The interactions here alone on the Highlight Reel was a promising start. “Will our friendship survive me beating you with the unprettier” cracked me up. Steiners part was even fine too, and sets up what should be the final two in next weeks battle royal - where hopefully Steiner tosses Test to end their never ending feud.

Onto Smackdown;

Angles back and forth with Vince was fun for the most part. Not sure if you’re going for a goody-goody geeky version of Angle here, but a few things he said came across that way, like his talk about hoping Stephanie relaxing and making the most of her time off. It’s a nice change of pace if that’s what you’re shooting for, as the majority of the time, people end up booking Angle as the super intense wrestling machine character.

I loved him telling Vince he’s never known anyone to take so much money from something he hates. That was money imo. As was Vince telling Kurt where he’d be without McMahon. And Angle, as your pure wrestling hero, taking on the sportz entertainment boss could be a really cool angle to follow, and a new coat of paint on the age old heel authority figure vs top face feud. I really enjoyed the way Angle got the match back on, and obviously paints him as the fighting champion, attacking the boss to get a title defence back on.

I suspect I’m going to really enjoy Matt Hardy in this thread, and he’ll make for some great comic relief on Smackdown. Funny stuff with the APA on this show, and it even led to a match, so there’s even a pay off!

Very pleased that the Cena/Eddie feud is happening. I always felt that feud was only getting started and got cut short, so I’m hoping this is more of a long term angle. It could be tremendous imo. Good use of the Cena rap here too, as I’m sure they’ll get tedious after a while to think up every week (unless you really enjoy rapping?)

I’d obviously assume that Mysterio would be Kidman’s partner for obvious reasons, but given they had a shot at Vengeance and failed, plus Rey is tied up in the CW division, this should be an introduction for Paul London. And obviously a WGTT vs Kidman/London feud could be amazing.

Lesnar killing Jordan was a fine use of the monster, and while it’s always somewhat anticlimactic for a big title match to end in a no contest, I think that had to be expected on this show. It’s only one show, but already, I know I’m going to have a blast reading your portrayal of Mr McMahon. From him earlier saying he had a broken ankle (and the EMT dismissing it) to being wheeled out by Patterson at the end, this over the top stuff really tickles me. Lesnar and Show working together makes for an intimidating tag team to say the least, and right now, the Smackdown main event scene - with added McMahon - feels much more fresh and interesting than what’s happening on Raw.

Solid start to things here. Smackdown was a lot more fun, but Raw really intrigues me, considering just how much work it’ll take to make that show truly interesting. A lot to be excited about for this thread.
    Yeah, I'll miss the WCW one too, just because the era was so fun to book. I still don't think it's totally dead as I'd love to go back to it at some point, but for the foreseeable future I'm loving the amount of creativity and fun I can have with writing this one.

The Electrocution of Shane's Balls TM was September 1st, ie the first show I booked. I especially wanted to start this before that happened as, for me, that's the moment where Kane really lost his coolness. Kane post-unmasking had such upside they needed to invest proper time in to him, and not by frying Shane's testys.

Val is a guy I was always disappointed he didn't turn in to more. Unfortunately I think his opportunity at being important has probably gone, as he's gone from Val Venis to Chief Morley and back again this year already. But with a roster so thin on talent he can definitely be leaned in to more than he was IRL. Same for Lance Storm and Goldust, actually. With so little talent on Raw, it's a waste having those guys doing nothing.

I hadn't quite anticipated Kurt seeming "goody-goody geeky", but I did want him to be something of a pure babyface. One of my real pet peeves about wrestling post-Attitude era is that every babyface has to be a smart talking rebel. It's ridiculous. Kurt is a former amateur wrestler and Olympian. He totally makes sense to be a clean cut babyface who does the right thing. He's a sportman, and acts sportsmanlike. That's what I'm going for, at least!

I enjoyed writing Cena's rap this week, and have some ideas for others coming up, but I agree it may become a bit of a chore to write eventually. I think it'll be one of those things that he does every now and again, which is what he was moving towards in real life anyway. It'll become a bit of a special attraction thing eventually for sure.

I totally agree that Smackdown is more stacked and much easier to write. I have plans all the way up to Mania and Raw probably does become the A show again eventually, as it probably should, but stuff like writing for Cena and Matt make Smackdown much more immediately fun for me to write.

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    I read Raw and thought you are off to a solid start here, with continuing current angles and not much abnormal really happening. I look forward to reading this one though.

Opening the show with Vince McMahon is pretty stock standard for 2003, as you mentioned in your roster write up, he basically dominated the show. Vince suspending Stephanie is fine but when/if she comes back, this feud needs to end. Nobody wants to see the McMahon’s going at it anymore. Still though, good stuff for what it was with Vince throwing digs at her, and talking up Brock. Once Angle came out business picked up, and him being annoyed at Vince cancelling the title match makes sense. The only part of this I wasn’t completely behind was the Ankle Lock part. Don’t get me wrong; I enjoyed the call back to when Foley did this to Shane in the attitude era; however I felt that really worked at the time because of the submission hold Foley used. Vince holding the mic and still having the ability to talk whilst being locked into the most painful lock in the business just seems off to me. I like the idea but I didn’t completely buy into the execution. The match back on and ‘Taker further beating on Vince were great outcomes and a fun ending to what was still a pretty solid start to the show.

Tajiri/Mysterio in a Cruiserweight Title match to open the show? No complaints at all, an awesome idea. The match itself got a good amount of time which is always a bonus and went as you’d expect, with Mysterio coming back and getting the win. I LOVED the mist spot afterwards which leads me to believe that the issues between these guys isn’t over. Also, push Tajiri please.

I miss these old APA segments so much so this was a really fun blast from the past. I thought you had the characterisations perfectly. The inclusion of Matt Hardy was a lot of fun to, and I always thought he should have got a push with his Mattitude gimmick, so I’m happy to see him included. The Matt Facts and the hypocritical behaviour by treating Moore like a slave after giving The APA a hard time was brilliant. Awesome stuff.

LOL at McMahon telling the doctor he knows more than him, typical. Fully expect some Brock interference in tonight’s championship match after this segment. Solid stuff.

Kidman/Benjamin is another good match really, and glad to see Kidman overcome the interference and pick up a win. The champs attacking Kidman afterwards gives Kidman the perfect ammo to search for a partner. Solid angle advancement here, enjoyed this.

Benoit/Guerrero segment was fun and a nice way to promote the almost strange bedfellows partnership that they are forced to have tonight.

Enjoyed the Cena rap tremendously; however I would have liked if we got a little description on A Train’s reaction after he copped a few insults in there to. Could have added another interesting element to this tag match if these two were a little rocky also.

A nice tag team match here which is basically just booking 101. Benoit/A Train pair off with Benoit Crossfacing him on the outside, and it allows Cena to cheat and pin the US Champ. Considering Eddie/Cena already have a feud after last week, this makes perfect sense to give Cena another shot. Nobody loses face here either. Very smart, simple booking.

The APA and Matt Hardy getting into a big time argument is just fun stuff, standard for these segments. LOL at The APA’s rule number one thought that was a very good play on words. And an impromptu match perhaps? Cool. Either way, this was great.

‘Taker interview was fine. Simple hype for tonight’s main event. It’s refreshing to see him booked as The American Badass to as I don’t think that happens very often in this forum.

Damn son. Poor Orlando. Brock kills him and then destroys him after the match as well. Message well and truly sent, good stuff.

Kidman looking for a partner is as expected. I kind of hope it’s not Mysterio because that’s the really obvious choice, but we’ll have to wait and see I guess.

Unforgiven… Sweet!

The APA were always winning this match which makes me sad because I LOVED this version of Hardy. I enjoyed the Matt Fact here as well, playing on what happened earlier in the night. Entertaining stuff with this angle throughout the night to say the least.

Angle interview to hype the match was great as well.

It’s main event time. A very good main event match and standard TV stuff where you don’t give away the finish. ‘Taker dominating early until Angle turned it into a wrestling match was all well and good. The Chokeslam false finish was nice and the ending sequence with all the counters was fun as hell. Brock was ALWAYS getting involved here so the match ends in a draw. One thing I enjoyed is you protected your champ here, as opposed to he’s about to lose and then the interference happens. I hate that. Anyway, Brock’s interference backfiring only for Big Show to make the save just adds another soldier for Vince McMahon. Enjoyed the ending to this show. Vince being in a wheelchair is quite funny as well, again another throwback to the attitude era.

Also LOL at The Basham’s against jobbers being hyped for next week’s show. That’s what’s bringing me back to read…

Anyway, one thing I noticed with WCW and it happened again here, you really do stay true to your time period. I can’t compliment you enough for that, it’s so refreshing. Smackdown was a fun show, and again, you’ve basically continued all of the angles that real life was currently running. I get the feeling we are going to have to wait a few more weeks until you really put your imprint on things. Still though, off to a good start. Keep it up.
    Point taken on the Ankle Lock, that probably was a little goofy!

I'm a big fan of Tajiri, and not just from your awesome portrayal of him in your thread. He can play silly and dangerous equally well, which takes enormous credit, as does his ability to connect with fans without ever speaking a word of English. He's one of the guys I felt really could have been better utilised around this period and hope I'm able to do him justice.

Matt was a blast to write. I don't know why, but I love writing for obnoxious and delusional people. While he may have lost on this show, I still see him as an important part of the roster and one that will get a lot of air time going forward.

Yeah, not sure why I mentioned the Bashams in next week's show! I went through the show to see which matches were announced during the show and just listed all the others, without realising that the Basham Brothers versus Nobodies is probably not something that needs a week build...

I'm glad you think I'm doing okay at sticking to the time period. I obviously mention it a lot in my feedback to others on here, so should hold myself to account on that too. It's important to me that shows feel right, but also, I hope they are still entertaining. Fingers crossed from this set of shows you'll get a bit more of a sense of my influence on proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmc123 View Post
    I always right my reviews segment by segment, so this is just a stream of consciousness thought. I really enjoyed the opening segment, I am actually watching 2003 RAW’s right now and this first promo made me want to switch to SD. I am wondering where Brock Lesnar is in this scenario here. I am curious to see what Vince has to say to his “close personal” friend or if you have Brock give an excuse on why he didn’t run in b/c I was waiting for it as soon as the Ankle lock went on.

Good match from Rey and Tajiri here. I enjoyed the CW division a hell of a lot when I was a kid watching it growing up. I am interested to see if you give Tajiri a proper feud w/ Mysterio or use him as fodder.

He called him BRAD!!!!! I present to you the Promo of the Year award right now. I can read Mattitude Promos from you everyday and laugh so hard. My wife literally jumped b/c I just yelled out HE CALLED HIM BRAD!! Please let this continue throughout the night.

Good follow up to the opening segment and I hope this leads to Brock killing some job guys tonight or interrupting the title match. I forget, where is Heyman at in all this around this time.

Good little match/segment with WGTT and Kidman. Shelton is one of my favorite wrestlers, so I hope you do good by him. I wonder if this is a one time thing w/ Kidman or if he gets a partner.

Going tackle the entire Guerrero/Benoit/Cena stuff at one time. I really enjoyed that Benoit isn’t very trustworthy of Guerrero b/c I believe he just turned Face at this time. This makes him the perfect opponent for Cena if your doing a slow burn Face turn for John. I think you were able to get some good things across in the tag match, with the continuation of Cena/Eddy and showing that Benoit is all about winning matches.

Back to the poker game and I really am going need a Matt Rule Book please filled with Matt Facts. This match should be fun and I def see Moore taking a beating while Matt scurries away.

Good job of Brock sending a message to the roster. I hope we do not see Jordan for a couple of months. Maybe give sometime for you to repackage him if you choose to. Overall, this was exactly what it needed to be.

Cool that you are going with a WGTT/Kidman feud. I’m curious to see who you tag with him. I wonder if it’ll be someone from his WCW past.

I was hoping that you would include a Matt Fact with the match. Did you know and this is a true Matt Fact…Matt hates Mustard….onto the match and it is as expected with Moore taking the fall. I really hope you have some fun with this…and please don’t forget the Moore-ON Crash Holley.
    I loved the main event…the way you booked it, you allow for Taker to have a rightful claim to the title…you have Brock and Big Show as a team…so you got a PPV match right there and then can have Big Show say he deserves a match as well… The Main Event scene on Smackdown is stacked.
    Haha, I love that you enjoyed Matt calling him Brad so much. V1 was such a brilliant gimmick, and so well played by Matt, that it's mind-boggling to think they couldn't find at least something for him to do with it. That seemed a waste to me, and hopefully one I can rectify somewhat.

Paul Heyman hasn't been seen since he managed Kurt Angle in the aftermath of turning on Brock at the start of the year. He's still at the company and hence can be used, and in real life was made General Manager of Smackdown a couple of months from now and realigned with Brock again (for some reason).

Yeah Eddie was now a babyface, but he hadn't long been one. Plus, he wasn't exactly a "good guy". Even though the fans loved him, he was still doing horrible things to people, he was just so charming while he did it.

Yeah the Smackdown roster is pretty cool. Not only have you got a main event of Brock, Angle, Taker and Show, you've got slightly underneath guys in Benoit, Eddie and Cena too, and just under them, Rhyno, Rey, Tajiri, Kidman, WGTT, etc. So much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by sebsy View Post
    Cracking start to Smackdown, as it was with Raw. Smackdown certainly has the more interesting roster atm, as has been said many times.

It's the little touches that are taking this to the next level. The Matt Fact just before the match was good. You don't make a big deal of little touches like this and just let the reader take it for what it is.

It feels like these shows are the sort of thing you would expect to see happening at the time, but better.

As others have said, the start is a slow-burn because you're keeping it realistic and not just changing everything right off the bat, and this is a good thing. It's allowing me to get in to it because I can remember parts of what was happening at the time and can see some of the changes slowly taking place for the better.

It's evoking all the right memories of this time period for me, and I'm looking forward to the coming weeks as things start to properly move in to keefmoon territory.
    Thanks for the comment on the little touches like Matt Facts. Those are the kind of things I have a blast thinking up and just couldn't in my previous BTB. It's why I moved to this kind of format and time period.

Your comment of "these feel like shows that could have happened at the time, but better" is exactly what my goal was to be honest. I don't want to twist too much from reality too soon, but I really think there was no excuse to put on some of the poor shows they did at the time. It doesn't take much to improve on what they did, which is hopefully what we're seeing here!

Again, huge thanks to everyone for commenting, and also to those who have read but haven't commented. Please do leave feedback if you would like, good or bad, and I'll try to respond at some point in the same style as I have here.

t h e o g

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just getting a chance to make my way through this now. Your opening post, while funny, brought back so many memories haha. That was all during the height of my wrestling love so even when you were making fun of some stuff, my nostalgia for it made me immediately want to go back and watch it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this time period, it was one hell of a roster, with a ton of potential. Good luck!!

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

You really picked a great year to start off with the WWE. 2003 was a fun year. I am already enjoying your work. I like how you color important parts. I will certainly be following where you go from here. Matt Hardy Version Champion btw :p

WCW 01' NOW PLAYIN IN BTB

Status

- Excellent heat right off the bat for this smackdown taping. McMahon is like a heat magnet during this time, and I think you really did capture it well. I know a lot of people hated on Vince having such a prominent role during this time, but I think he's the perfect foil to get others over, and it definitely looks like you're following suit. I loved the fact that you had Vince originally cancel the wwe championship match, and just the association with lesnar and his backing...makes lesnar an even bigger heel at this point. Just good solid booking on your part there. I also want to commend you on the amount and level of detail that you put in your segments, even the ones that are subtle. Examples like when you mentioned the tracksuit kurt had on that was a contrast to mcmahon's tailored suit, it allows the reader to get a visual and also utilize the different forces at play. Kurt's promo was strong as well here and his jab about McMahon hating what has made him so much money literally made me crack up laughing, because it's true in so many ways hahah. Kurt and Taker both looked strong as ever here and it builds prestige into your wwe title, which is very important especially during this time period with the world title over on raw. Very good starting point though for smackdown here.

- Solid match between Tajiri and Meysterio here for the cruiserweight belt. I like the fact that you don't go into a lot of detail for the matches, because honestly in a realistic sense, that would be more of an "agents job" than a writer. But you do press on the important parts of it, and this match alone made Tajiri look like a million bucks, even though meysterio picked up the win. I'm really curious to see where you go with this cruiserweight division, because during this time it really was at it's peak, and you had a legitimate star on your hands with meysterio. Tajiri with the green mist was awesome story telling too in order to give Tajiri more depth to his character. Curious to see where you go with this heel Tajiri.

- Holy shit bro! I loved the version one character during this time, and you have it nabbed absolutely perfect! Matt's obliviousness during the apa segment was hilarious and just made the fans hate him even more, and want to see him get his ass kicked. The "matt facts" that he brought up were hilarious and really sold him as just the annoying type heel that we rarely see on WWE anymore. His treatment of Shannon is absolute gold right here too haha. Just top to bottom awesome segment that gets a 10/10 from me.

- The exchange with Brock and Vince was a little odd here, can't say that I dislike it though. It was just odd seeing Brock in such a submissive persona here, but I'm hoping you bring out his monster side later in the night with the McMahon "show them not to mess with me" statement lol. Even above all that though, you have Vince's character and even his dialogue nabbed perfect.

- Very surprising win for Kidman here! Didn't expect him to get the win, but WGTT didn't lose any steam at all after that vicious attack after the match. Good way to put Kidman over and build the viciousness of WGTT. I'm curious to see if you continue this going forward, especially if kidman gets a formidable tag team partner here.

- Your John Cena rap coming down to the ring was fucking amazing! It's maybe my favorite thing I've read on this section in months. "flaccid wolverine" haha. It's hard for me to even hate Cena here because you remind me of why I liked him to begin with. Eddie coming off the top rope into a chained fist though was exactly the way it should've went. Guerrero makes for a good US Champ here and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing where else you go with this Guerrero/Cena feud, and if you're gonna add Benoit into the mix at all. It could get really interesting. I can also imagine how frustrating it would be for Guerrero too at this time to get one upped by Cena with the cheating aspect during this time haha. Looking forward to see how and when he gets his revenge, but Cena looked as strong as ever here.

- Again, you're appealing to my love for the mattitude gimmick lol. Perfectly played and the confrontation between him and the APA was very believable and entertaining. Just extremely well written.

- Very strong interview/promo from Taker here. He's believable because he isn't just praising Kurt for being the babyface and respect, he is treating it like anyone would in the same situation. He still feels that no one deserves to hold the belt but him, so even if they are on the same side of the fence against McMahon and Lesnar, he still believes that he is the one who should be on top. The dialogue is very accurate as well with him even asking Josh, "we done?" and your minut detail of Josh "sheepishly nodding" lol. Just the amount of detail and precision you put into your characters, the dialogue, setting, etc is awesome and really helps the reader suspend disbelief.

- A little surprised to see Kidman able to do any sort of interview here lol. I hope it doesn't take too much away from WGTT that their attack wasn't vicious enough. I was hoping we wouldn't hear from Kidman at least until next week to really sell the brutal attack after the match. But good promo from him nonetheless.

- Lesnar's squash match/monster attack over Jordan was exactly what he needed! I was a little worried what you were gonna do with Lesnar after the McMahon interaction, but boy oh boy did you make Lesnar look like an absolute monster right here. I almost felt sorry for Jordan right here because Lesnar just absolutely destroyed him here. the power bomb on the barricade was just fucking brutal and I love it! Him taking out security too was just...again, making brock look like an unstoppable beast. Clearly the message was sent, I'm just curious to see if you have him get involved in the wwe title match at all. whoever the champion is after tonight is gonna have a hell of a ride set for them when they have to face brock.

- A five star smackdown match right here between angle and taker, hands down. But lesnar coming in to cause the double dq was perfect right here lol. I like the fact that you didn't just have angle and taker completely disregard their hatred for each other now that brock came in, the stare down between them just really built up the heat. But Big Show coming out was unexpected, but I really like it and his pairing with Lesnar makes them almost a completely unstoppable force. McMahon coming out in the wheelchair and barking orders was just the icing on the cake, and allowed for the show to end with McMahon, Show, and Lesnar having all the heat in the world. I'm curious to see what you do with the wwe title situation and if you make it some sort of fatal four way stip.

But bro you definitely have a reader in me. I think hands down you have one of the best projects I've ever read on here. The amount of detail that you put in while not being completely over winded with content makes this project enjoyable while not cluttering with unnecessary fluff. I know you're only a couple shows in, but you really did impress the hell out of me with this, and I think in due time you're gonna be the winner of many BTBOTM awards for this project. You have everyone nabbed so perfectly, and not just their personas, but the details of their dialogue, dress, and just overall persona. 10/10 man, hands down.
    WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING '01
    NOW PLAYING IN THE "BE THE BOOKER" SECTION!

BTB Awards and Recognitions
    Spoiler:

Serious Professional

Status

September 8th

Huntsville, Alabama

We get the usual pyro and crowd shots. However, rather than the camera settling on the announce team, we instead see the ring, already surrounded by a steel cage.

Welcome ev’rybody to WWE Raw!JR shouts, “I’m “Good Ol’ JR” Jim Ross, alongside Jerry 'The King' Lawler as always, and as you can see, surrounding the ring his that hellacious steel structure, which can only mean one thing…”

Steel Cage Match
    Kane vs. Rob Van Dam

What a brutal way to start the show.

RVD gives it his best go from the off, but he’s clearly still not at 100% after everything Kane has thrown at him over the last few weeks. Kane is able to slow the pace down, and makes full use of the devastating metal surrounding them, throwing RVD from one side to the other. RVD, though, is no stranger to extreme, and uses the cage as something even higher to leap off. He tries one high-risk manoeuvre too many, though, allowing Kane to take the initiative. Kane goes for the Chokeslam… but RVD shoves him back in to the cage! And again! And again! Over and over he rams the monster in to the cage, until Kane merely flops to the mat.

You can do it, kid!JR shouts from commentary.

“Climb the cage and get the hell out of there!”

RVD gradually pulls himself up the steel, but the toll of the match and the previous attacks slow him down. He edges towards the top of the cage... but Kane sits up! RVD sees him come and tries to scarper up the cage, but he doesn't have enough left. Kane merely laughs as he scales the structure, RVD still wriggling to the top... when Kane grabs him by the ankle! RVD tries to push himself forward and over the cage, but Kane's grip is too tight. He pulls him back off the top and steadies himself on the top rope... AND GRABS VAN DAM BY THE THROAT!

“Don’t do it, Kane! Don’t you dare do this, you son of a bitch!”

Kane ignores JR’s pleas as he braces himself, smiling sadistically... CHOKESLAM OFF THE CAGE!
    The crowd explode with the impact, even if it was the vile Kane who did it. Van Dam lands with a thud and lies motionless in the centre of the ring as again Kane laughs to himself at the devastation he's caused. He climbs back down off the ropes and places a boot on RVD's unconscious chest...

ONE...

TWO...

THREE!

Winner: Kane in 13:37

“I don’t believe what I just saw!”
    JR shouts. Kane just Chokeslammed RVD from the top of the bah gawd cage! Does this man have no heart?”

"That's no man, JR,"
    King adds, "that's a monster!"

Having made the pinfall, the referee sprints out of the ring, clearly wanting to get away from the Big Red Machine. RVD still hasn't moved, and still Kane laughs to himself as he raises his arms above his head.... and brings them down for a HUGE explosions of flames...

***HERE COMES THE MONEY!***

Kane pauses mid-move as the fans erupt in to cheers at the sound of Shane O'Mac's music... but Shane's nowhere to be seen? Kane smirks as he looks at the entranceway, almost daring McMahon to get in to a cage with him. Still Shane is nowhere to be seen, so Kane starts to burst in to laughter... only for SHANE MCMAHON to scale the other side of the cage! Kane doesn't see it coming!
    Kane can only laugh to himself at what he sees as Shane's cowardice, and turns back around...

CROSSBODY OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE!

Again the fans lose their shit as Shane lands right on top of Kane! Shane wails on the monster, unloading a series of right hands as Kane tries to cover up, but for the first time he seems unable to fight back! Referees and agents pour out from the backstage area and rush in to the ring to pull Shane away from Kane. They grab him by the arms but still he fights away, so even more backstage personnel rush out to help. Eventually they prise him away... so Kane comes after Shane!

The refs and agents are left overwhelmed, so ERIC BISCHOFF rushes out to the stage and waves to the back... here comes the jobbers! STEVIE RICHARDS, GARRISON CADE, all your favourite nobodies pile in to the ring and FINALLY some order is restored. Around a dozen security personnel make their way out and as the cage is raised, the combination of referees, agents, security and wrestlers are able to drag Kane to the back, with a smaller number pulling Shane away as we cut to commercial.

When we return from commercial, Shane has only just been dragged to the back, allowing the medical staff to finally attend to RVD, who still hasn't moved in the ring. Being as careful as they can, they load him on to a stretcher, in a neck brace, and wheel him down the ramp.

“I can’t believe what I’ve just seen,” JR says. “Folks, we just saw Shane McMahon return from his injuries and leap off the top of that cage on to Kane. But before then, we saw Kane deliver a devastating Chokeslam off the damn cage on to RVD. Van Dam hasn’t moved since then and is being wheeled away on a stretcher.”

“Kane scares the hell out of me, JR,”
    Lawler says.

“Me too, King”
    JR adds. “I hope to God someone does something about this before it goes any further, but for now our thoughts are with Rob Van Dam. God only knows what kind of damage that monster has done to RVD’s spine, and-“

***LINE IN THE SAND***

“Now what in the hell is this?”
    JR asks, but surely he knows the answer.

EVOLUTION
    stroll out on to the ramp, impeccably dressed as ever, oblivious to damage done to RVD. As the stretcher approaches they shove the EMTs to the side, and RIC FLAIR, still dirty as ever, takes the opportunity to tip the stretcher over, with Van Dam falling on to the ramp. Evolution laugh between themselves as the EMTs scramble to re-load RVD and get him to the back, while TRIPLE H enters the ring and grabs a microphone.

“Last week was a fluke,”
    he begins.Last week, Goldberg, Shawn Michaels and Maven got the better of us.” The crowd pop. “This will never… ever… happen again. That is a guarantee. They had a good day, and we had a bad day. That’s all that was. I hope they made the most of it, because at Unforgiven, business will be as usual. Randy Orton, the hottest young prospect in wrestling today, will beat Shawn Michaels, and I, The Game, the World Heavyweight Champion, will pin Goldberg in the centre of the ring and end his worthless career once and for all.”

The crowd boo.

“You can boo all you want, but it doesn’t change reality. Ric, Randy and I came together because we are the crown jewels of this business. You can try to fight it, you may not like it, but we will always win out in the end. That’s what Evolution is. Fight it all you want, but Evolution… always… comes out… on top.”

***OH, OH SHAWN!***

“Again?” King shrieks.

“Indeed, King,”
    JR says,Shawn Michaels interrupted Evolution last week as well. I can’t imagine this’ll go down with Triple H.”

“Or Randy Orton, for that matter!”
    Shawn bounces on to the ramp to the delight of the fans.

“What do you want, Shawn?” Helmsley asks, not waiting for Shawn to begin.

“That is a great question, Hunter. What do I want? What… do… I… want? I’ll tell you what I want. I want it to be last week again. Man, that was fun. Me, Maven the Eyebrows, Goldy, we really gave it to ya. We went against the so called ‘crown jewels’, and we beat ya in the middle of that… very… ring! And yet, you still came out here, same as last week, same as the week before, and it got me to thinkin’, why not go for it again? Which one’a you three wants to dance to a little Sweet… Chin… Music?”

“You know what, Shawn?”
    Orton says. “I’m getting sick of you getting involved in our business. I can’t wait until I put you out of your misery at Unforgiven. But I don’t want to wait that long. Two weeks. Thirteen days. That’s too long. You keep getting under our skin in that time? No thanks. I want a piece of you… tonight!

The crowd cheer.

“Naw, wait a minute, Randy,”
    Flair says, to woos of the crowd. “You’ve already got ya big match with him. How about a little love for… WOOOO… the Nature Boy? I want to get my hands on HBK and shut you up for good! What d’ya say, Shawn? You got the guts to face… WOOO… the stylin’ and profilin’… limosine ridin’… jet flyin’… kiss stealin’… wheelin’ dealin’… son of a gun… the Naitch-ah Boi… Ric… WOOO… Flair?"

The crowd cheer in anticipation of Michaels and Flair going one-on-one.

“No,”
    Triple H says, sternly yet calmly. “That’s not going to happen. Not you, Randy. And not you, Ric. I want you both taking the night off. Neither of you will face Shawn tonight.”

The crowd boo

"No... I'm done with Shawn getting in our business. Tonight, Shawn... you will face someone from Evolution. But it won't be Ric. It won't be Randy. It's going to be... me."

The crowd pop for the thought of the match.

"But let me make one thing clear to you, you son of a bitch. This will not be a match. This will be a figh-"

***GLASS SHATTERS***

The crowd erupt for the arrival of the Co-General Manager, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, who bounds on to the stage.

“Now that’s a hell of an idea,”
    Austin says. "Seein’ Michaels whoop your sorry narrow ass is too good to turn down, Hunter. I sure as hell wanna see that. But, see, this ain’t no dictatorship. This is a democracy. So let’s put it to the fans... if you wanna see Shawn Michaels kick Triple H’s ass, gimme a hell yeah!”

*HELL YEAH!*

Austin nods. “That sounds like we got a match."

The crowd cheer. "But you know what? Ol’ Stone Cold here loves that idea so much that I wanna add a little more sauce to it. How about that match tonight… is for the World Heavyweight Title?”

The crowd erupts.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,”
    Triple H interrupts. “Wait a minute. I didn’t sign off on that.”

“I don’t give a rat’s ass what you signed off on, son. Tonight, you will face Shawn Michaels, and it will be for the belt!”

Evolution panic in the ring, until Triple H suddenly calms down. He has a plan.

“Okay, Steve. You want me to defend the title tonight, you’ve got it. But there’s a problem. There’s already a title match signed between me and Goldberg at Unforgiven. Shawn already has a match with Randy. That's less than two weeks away, and they're signed. People have bought tickets to see those two matches. We can have that match tonight, but are you sure you want to risk letting down those little fans you care so much about? I think not. I think the match tonight has to stay non-title. You know... just in case."

There are smatterings of boos as Austin strokes his beard in thought.

“Ya raise a good point, ya mealy mouth sonuva bitch”
    the Co-GM says. “So how about this? Your match with Goldberg goes ahead at Unforgiven, and Shawn’s with Randy, too. But if Shawn wins the belt tonight, you and Goldberg is non-title, and it’s Shawn Michaels versus Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title at Unforgiven.”

“No, Steve wait-“

“AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LI-INE, ‘COS STONE COLD SAID SO!”

Bah gawd! Triple H and Shawn Michaels, for the World Title, tonight!

We cut to the back where SPIKE DUDLEY is stretching out in the corridor by his brothers, THE DUDLEY BOYS.

"Hey, little bro,"
    Bubba says. "You good for your match with Conway? It's up next, right?"

"Oh, I'm ready. We've been waiting to get our hands on that traitor for too long."

"Testify!"
    D-Von adds. "And you know we've got your back."

"Yeah, about that," Spike says. "You know I love you guys looking out for me, but I want to do this one on my own tonight."

"Spike-"
    "No, Bubba. It's okay. Conway needs to get what's coming to him, and I want to be the one to do it."

Bubba thinks it over, then offers a fist to bump. Spike and D-Von do it.

"Ya got it, kid,"
    Bubba says. "But ya gotta know – first sign of those Frenchie cowards causin' trouble and me and D-Von will be there."

"No doubt,"
    Spike says, and they fist bump again.

He walks towards the Gorilla position for his match, leaving the Dudleys behind to watch him... when LA RESISTANCE jump them from behind with steel chairs! They beat them in to a pulp on the floor, over and over again, until the Dudleys can't move. Then, and only then, they toss the chairs to the side.

"Let's go help Robert," Rene says, and they burst in to evil, French laughter.

Rob Conway w/La Resistance vs. Spike Dudley

Spike, always an underdog, has to overcome more odds than ever in this one. Conway, despite having only been on the scene for a few weeks, is a vicious opponent, and La Resistance are only too happy to get involved every chance they get. Despite this, Spike manages to stay in the fight longer than seemed likely, and manages to hit a Dudley Dog out of nowhere for the shocking three!

Winner: Spike Dudley in 4:10

The bell rings, and La Resistance can not believe that Spike came out on top! They look shocked for a moment, but quickly recover to roll in to the ring and destroy him with a HUGE Clothesline. They put the boots to him as the crowd chant for the Dudleys... but they aren't coming.

With Spike down, Conway shoves the Tag Champions in the chest.

“RENE! SYLVAN! GET LA TABLE!”

The fans boo as the champs pull out a table from under the ring and set it up inside. The crowd keep looking to the entranceway hoping the Dudleys have recovered enough in time to save their little brother... but Sylvan whips Spike off the ropes and lifts him up…

Rene runs up…

3D THROUGH THE TABLE ON SPIKE! BUBBA AND D-VON WILL BE FURIOUS!

We cut backstage to where CHRIS JERICHO is getting ready for the upcoming Battle Royal, when he’s joined by CHRISTIAN. They have a moment of awkward silence after their back-and-forth jabs last week, but suddenly laugh. Jericho offers handshake, but Christian leans in for a hug. They laugh, and Jericho goes for a hug as Christian offers a handshake.

"Okay,"
    Jericho says. "A hug on three. One, two, three."

They share a rather uncomfortable hug, and smile in silence for a few moments.

“Listen, last week,”
    Christian says.

“Forget it. It was stupid. Let’s move on.”

“You’re right, you’re right. So… buddy… you’re still entering the Battle Royal?”

Jericho nods. “That a problem?”

“No, no, not at all. Good luck. I’m sure you’ll do great. I mean, Tommy Dreamer? Please. ‘I’m hardcore!’ No, you’re overweight and boring.”

Christian laughs at his own joke. Jericho politely joins him.

“So, listen, buddy” Christian continues. “I’ve had a great idea. I always have great ideas, but this one, it’s something else. You’re going to win this Battle Royal, right?”

Jericho nods.

“And that’ll make you the Number One Contender to my title. Deservedly so, too, I might add. But I was thinking, do you really want the Intercontinental Title? I mean, you’ve already won it, what, seventy times? What you need, is the World Title.”

Jericho nods again. “I do want be to be World Champion again.”

“Damn right! You should be the champion, buddy, not Triple H. That... that Neanderthal... he couldn’t hold a candle to you. You're the Ayotollah of Rock and Roll-ah! I don't actually know what that is, but it sure sounds better than The Game. Games are boring. Am I right?"

Jericho shrugs, unsure of what Christian is actually talking about.

"So let’s focus on that,"
    Captain Charisma continues. "You should use my close personal friendship with Eric Bischoff to leverage you a World Title match. How does that sound, buddy? Pretty good, huh?”

Jericho shrugs again. “Fine, I guess. In exchange for what?” Christian feigns surprise.

“What the hell? Not in exchange for anything. You’re my friend! My best friend! My- my buddy. Why can’t I want to help you?”

“Fair enough, I guess-“

“Of course, if you’re trying to go for the World Title, I imagine you’ll want to take a pass on your Intercontinental Title shot, right? I mean, why wear yourself out on my belt when we can focus on something else, right? How good a plan is that?”
    “It’s pretty good.” “So if you win tonight, you won’t take the title shot at Unforgiven?” Jericho briefly looks at the ceiling as he considers his options. “No. When I win, I’m taking that title shot. See you there, buddy.”

"Hideous..."

"Gruesome..."

"Sadistic..."

we see him setting the casket on fire at the 1998 Royal Rumble...

"Grotesque..."

… we see him unmask...

"Violent..."

"Cruel..."

"Perverted..."

"Vicious..."

"Unforgiven."

TRIPLE H
    is backstage, pacing up and down the locker room with RIC FLAIR stood by, and RANDY ORTON sat on the bench, fiddling with his $15,000 watch.

“Damn Austin, who does he think he is? Did I not kick his ass enough when he was a wrestler, he needs me to do it all over again now he’s retired? I mean, first I have Goldberg, now I’ve got Michaels to worry about too?”

“Don’t sweat it, champ,”
    Ric says. “You’re the Game. You’ve got this. Hasn’t he, Randy?”

Orton is staring in to space.

“Randy?”

He snaps out of it. “What? Oh, yeah. The Game. Definitely.”

Triple H scowls. You better not be thinking about what I think you’re thinking about.

Orton cocks an eyebrow. "Thinking about what?"

"You know damn well what,"
    Hunter growls. "You're thinking if you help Shawn win the title tonight, you get a title shot against him at Unforgiven. Aren't you, you little-"

“Game, come on,”
    Flair interrupts. “Of course he’s not. We’re a team. Randy, tell him.”

Orton smirks, so Triple H pulls him to his feet by the sleeve. “You better wipe that smile from your face, kid. I need to know you’ve got my back tonight against Shawn. I’ve got your back, right?”

“I don’t know,”
    Randy shrugs.If Shawn beats you tonight, I get a title shot in less than two weeks, against a man I know I can beat one-on-one. I kind of like the sound of that.”

“Knock it off, Randy, I’ve got enough to worry about.”

You’ve never offered me a title shot, have you, Hunter?”

Triple H gets in his face. “It’s because you’re not ready. Not even a little bit. So get that thought out of your head and focus on keeping the belt away from Michaels. Got it?”

“I don’t know-“

“It’s not a question, Randy. It’s an order.”

Orton straightens his suit jacket and adjusts his shirt. “I’d be the youngest World Champion in history, right? That sounds pretty good to me. Hell, maybe I won’t help you. Maybe, just maybe, I might help Shawn win the belt.

“Damn it, Randy-“

“But don’t worry, Hunter. After I’ve won the belt from him at Unforgiven, I’ll give you a shot. You know, probably. Catch you out there, man.”

Orton strolls out of the locker room, leaving Flair and Hunter alone.

“Damn it, Ric, if that punk kid-"

“Relax, champ. You focus on your match. I’ll take care of Randy.”

“You better. Or his career will be over before it’s begun.”

Battle Royal for the Number One Contendership of the Intercontinental Title
    Chris Jericho vs. Garrison Cade vs. Goldust vs. Hurricane vs. Lance Storm vs. Mark Henry vs. Mark Jindrak vs. Maven vs. Rodney Mack vs. Rosey vs. Scott Steiner vs. Stevie Richards vs. Test vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Val Venis

It doesn’t take long for Stevie Richards to be thrown by Chris Jericho, and for Lance Storm to throw out his occasional partner, Goldust. The young team of Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak have the right idea, working together to overcome the rest of the field. They even manage to use their teamwork to throw out Tommy Dreamer, which doesn’t go down well with the fans. They set their sights next on Maven, but he’s able to backdrop Jindrak on to the apron, then hits one of his beautiful Dropkicks to knock Cade in to Jindrak, sending them both to the floor! The fans applaud his ingenuity, only for Test to sneak up behind him and throw him out! As he does, Mark Henry nails Val Venis with a World’s Strongest Slam. Sensing the opportunity for revenge for last week, Test lifts the unconscious body of Val off the mat and over the top… only for Scott Steiner to throw Test out behind him!

We’re down to the last seven – Chris Jericho, Hurricane, Lance Storm, Mark Henry, Rodney Mack, Rosey and Scott Steiner. Well, not for long. Steiner turns his attention to Jericho, the man he brawled with last week, when Test returns to the ring and nails him with a Big Boot! With Steiner down, Mark Henry lifts his body off the mat and over the top. Lance Storm tries to take the opportunity to attack the big man, but Rodney Mack, Henry’s colleague in Thuggin’ and Buggin’ Enterprises, jumps him from behind, and together they get Storm out.

With T&B Enterprises looking strong, Hurricane and his Superhero In Training partner Rosey square off with them. They do well, with Rosey overcoming Mack, only for Henry to knock Hurricane to the mat, and in a feat of incredible strength, body slam Rosey over the top rope. Having seen his protégé eliminated, Hurricane fires off on Mack and Henry, actually knocking the big man to his knees and planting Mack with a Chokeslam. He follows the momentum up by… trying a Chokeslam on Henry. Oh. Henry causally tosses him over the top.

We’re down to both members of Thuggin’ and Buggin’ Enterprises, Rodney Mack and Mark Henry, and Chris Jericho. Under such difficult circumstances, the fans begin to rally behind Jericho as he fires off on his huge opponents, but they easily overwhelm him. They take it in turns to punch him down, with Mack ending that offensive flurry by hitting Jericho with a Powerslam. Henry backs off the ropes for the Big Splash… but Jericho rolls out of the way! Enziguri to Mack… and he tosses him over the top! He's going to do it... no! World’s Strongest Slam by Mark Henry!

Jericho is out. Game over. Henry, with his manager Theodore Long shouting encouragement, casually drags Jericho to the ropes, and lifts the dead weight of Jericho to the top rope... but Jericho suddenly comes to life! He clings to the rope as he drops to the apron, pulling it down with all his weight as Henry starts to lose his footing... he's toppling… and Mark Henry falls out! Jericho upsets the odds to win!

Winner and Number One Contender to the WWE Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho in 10:48

Meanwhile, THE DUDLEY BOYS have started to recover from their attack earlier tonight and barge in to an office, where STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN sits with his feet on a desk, drinking a beer and watching the show on a screen.

"Austin!" Bubba barks. "Did you see what those French assholes did? They attacked me and D-Von with chairs, and they put Spike through a table. With a 3D! I want them, Austin. I want their asses, and want their damn titles!"

Austin downs his beer. "You seem angry, Bubba. Have a beer."

"We don't want a damn beer, Steve. We want La Resistance, and we want the World Tag Titles."

Austin nods and opens a drawer to his desk. Inside is a crate of beer. He pulls one out and takes a glug. "I hear ya, Bubba. Hear ya loud 'n' clear. Lucky for you, I just got that beady eyed bastard Bischoff to sign off on exactly that match. It will be... La Resistance... defending their World Tag Titles... against you, the Dudleys... at Unforgiven!"

The crowd cheer.

"I'm down with that," Bubba says.

"Well, I'm mighty glad about that,"
    Austin says. "But I ain't done. Ya see, since the champs like puttin' people through their little tables so much, your match at Unforgiven will be... A TABLES MATCH!"

The crowd pops huge.

"TESTIFY!"
    D-Von yells. "They've got two weeks to learn tha lesson... THOU... SHALT NOT MESS... WITH THA DUDLEYS!"

The Dudleys head to the door, ready for revenge in thirteen days.

Meanwhile, RANDY ORTON is in the communal locker room backstage, along with the likes of Dreamer, Kanyon and Richards having turned his back on Evolution's private room. RIC FLAIR walks in, and a hush falls over the room.

“How’s it going, Ric?”

“Not bad, pal. Not bad. You know how it is. Wheelin’. Dealin’.”

“True, true. Hunter sent you, I guess?”

Flair takes a seat on the bench next to Orton. “Listen here, Randy. I get where you’re coming from. I used to be young like you, believe it or not. I saw the likes of Wahoo McDaniel, Johnny Valentine, Larry Hennig, and I thought I could stand up with the best of them. I probably could. But ya know when I had my biggest success? When I was part of something bigger than me. When I was a part… of the Horsemen.”

The crowd WOOO. This must be Horsemen country.

“Look, Ric, I get it,”
    Orton says. “You know I look up to you and Hunter. I appreciate the opportunities you give me. But I’ve got to do right by me, not by Triple H. I can be the youngest World Champion in history if things go my way tonight. I’d be crazy to let that pass.”

Flair nods along. “You’re right, it’s a hell of an opportunity. You’ve got a bright future. Maybe the brightest I’ve seen, and I mean that. Magnum TA, Sting, Steve Austin, I’ve seen all the greats when they were kids, and you can stand above them all. But Hunter’s right. You’re… not… ready.”

Orton tries to argue, but Flair cuts him off before he can begin. “Don’t take it personally, Randy. In the ring, you’re good enough to go with anyone in the world. But you don’t know… how to play… the game. You don’t have that experience yet. That’s what you get from me, and from Hunter. We can give you guidance no kid your age could possibly know about. You’re thinking short term. This is one title opportunity. You’ll get another. And one day, you’ll be like me, and you’ll have won more titles than you can count. But this is just the first. And this opportunity is not worth making a life-long enemy out of Hunter. You need to think long-term. Stay with Hunter, and learn the game from the champ. That way, when it is your time, you’re ready.

Orton nods, and briefly smiles.

GOLDUST
    walks over, wiping a tear from his eye.
    “That was beautiful, Ric-“

“Get the hell out of here!”
    Flair barks, swatting at Goldust. “What even are you? Stop listening on other… people’s… conversations! I oughta kick your ass like I used to your old man-"

“Okay, Ric,” Randy says. I’ll do it. But not for Hunter. For you.”

“Good enough,” Ric says, and they rise to their feet to shake hands. Flair pats Orton on the shoulder and turns away… but Orton hangs on.

“There’s a condition, though,”
    Orton says. “I’ll help Hunter out tonight. But he has to ask me. Personally.”

“Come on, Randy, the champ’s got a big match-“

“No, Ric. Either he asks me personally, or the first thing he’ll see after the referee has counted him down for three is me standing over him.”

Flair smiles. The next generation of dirty players grow up so fast.
    “I’ll do my best.”

Orton nods, and Flair leaves. Goldust walks back over to Orton. “Good on you for-“

Orton nails him with an RKO on the floor.

Meanwhile, SHAWN MICHAELS is walking backstage, until he reaches Goldberg’s locker room. After a brief deliberation, he knocks and walks in. GOLDBERG is going through his bag when he faces the Heartbreak Kid. He stands tall, and says nothing.

“Billy,”
    Shawn says. “Good to see ya. How’s the family?

Silence.

“Great. So, listen. I’ve got that whole ‘World Title match’ thing with Hunter tonight and, well… I’m sure you heard what Austin said about changing the title matches around? About how, if I win the belt, you don't get the title shot anymore?”

Silence.

“Okay! So… what I need to know is… you wouldn’t screw me over tonight, right? ‘Cos I know you want your shot at the belt. But you wouldn’t do me like that, would you? Not me, the Heartbreak Kid? Your old buddy HBK? I mean, we go way back, right?”

Goldberg frowns.

“Well, a couple of weeks, I guess. In fact… I think this might be the first time we’ve ever spoken before. I think you’ve punched me in the face more than you’ve spoken to me.”

Silence.

“Okay, I hear you, big man. I hears ya louds and clear. You’re just going to do what you wanna do, right?”

Goldberg nods.

“Yeah, I thought as much. But here’s the thing about that. Ya see, you might think to screw me out of the title tonight, to act in your own interests. And I get it. I’d probably do the same if I were you. But what you have to know is…”
    the playful façade drops and Michaels gets in Goldberg’s face.If you screw me out of the title tonight, I will kick your teeth so far down your throat you’ll be chewing food in your intestines. Got it?”

“Oh, I get it,”
    Goldberg says, finally speaking up. “If I screw you out of the belt, you’ll come lookin’ for answers. So would I. But tonight, I’m going to do whatever it is I want to do. Whatever I think is right. So I guess… see you out there.”

Michaels nods, and after a tense few moments, backs away and leaves the locker room.

Gail Kim w/Molly Holly vs. Trish Stratus

Trish is out for revenge in this one, after Gail cost her the Women’s Title last week. Trish beats Gail all over the ring, barely given the youngster a chance to breathe. Gail does briefly come back in to it, but it doesn’t last long before Trish takes out again. Molly senses the end may be coming, so jumps in the ring… only to be met with a Chick Kick! Molly's down! Trish turns around… Hurricanrana from Gail! Trish is tied up… 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Gail Kim in 4:37

Gail releases from the pin and celebrates a huge win for her resume, pulling Molly to the outside away from a furious Trish. Trish slaps the mat in frustration at having been screwed yet again by Molly and Gail, and curses that she still hasn’t been able to get one over on them.

Backstage, ERIC BISCHOFF is sat in his office, unlike Austin buried in paperwork, when TEST barges in.

"Bischoff!"
    Test shouts, "what... are yooo... gonna do... aboot Scott Steiner? I'm sick of him getting in mah business, Eric."

"I'm a little busy, Test. It looked to me like you got your revenge when you got back in the ring and screwed him over?"

"Ya think that was revenge? I should nevah have been eliminated in tha first place, Eric! I'm tired of him getting up in mah-"

"TEST!"
    comes a bellow from the doorway, and in barges SCOTT STEINER! He tackles Test in to the wall and wails on him with a series of rights, sending Bischoff's piles of paperwork flying.

"YOU TWO, STOP IT!" Bischoff shouts. "NOT IN MY OFFICE! GET OUTTA HERE! SECURITY! SECURITY, GET IN HERE!"

The security guards from the earlier Shane and Kane confrontation rush in to the office and pull the two men apart, holding them at either side of the office.

"This comes to an end!"
    Bischoff barks. "I'm done with you two. At Unforgiven, you will fight one final time... if Steiner wins, Stacy is free... but if Test wins... Steiner, you join Stacy working for Test... but either way... you will NEVER fight again after Unforgiven!"

TRIPLE H is storming down the corridor, with RIC FLAIR following closely behind. They have to step to one side as GOLDUST is led out of the communal locker room on a stretcher, muttering to himself about it being “a good job, Randy. A good job.” Triple H snarls and tips the stretcher over, just as Flair did earlier tonight to Van Dam, sending Goldust tumbling to the ground. He then bursts in to the locker room.

“Leave,”
    Triple H barks.

The room empties immediately
    , apart from Orton, Flair and Hunter.

Orton gets to his feet, so Triple H presses his sizeable nose in to Orton’s. “I hear you wanted to speak to me.”

“Yeah, I do,”
    Orton says. “I want to be World Champion.” Triple H starts to seethe, so Orton continues. “But I also want to be a team player. I just don’t know which one I want more.”

“How about I beat the decision out of you-"

Triple H is cut off by a nudge in the arm from Flair, who signals to calm down.

“Fine,”
    Hunter says. “What do you want?”

“I want you to ask me. Not tell me. Not give me an order. As a friend, and an equal, ask me to help you. Ask me not to screw you over.

Triple H sighs. “Fine. Ric, ask him.”

“No, no, no. Not Ric. You.”

Helmsley fumes and tosses a bunch of belongings to the floor in a fit of rage. Orton remains unmoved.

“Okay,”
    The Game finally says. Will you help me in my match tonight?”

Still Orton is unmoved. “Please,” he prompts.

Triple H gets back in his face, breathing heavily.
    Please,” he growls through gritted teeth.

Orton grins.
    “See? That wasn’t so hard, was it? You’ve got a deal. Let’s go kick Michaels’ ass. And let’s get out of this place. Steven Richards has a serious B.O. problem.”

Orton strolls out of the room as if nothing happened. Ric Flair claps his hands together and follows, delighted that his buddies are back on the same page, and seemingly unaware that Triple H is quite so angry.

This week’s Smack Back is from after the Cruiserweight Title match, when Tajiri well-and-truly turned heel by spraying green mist in Rey Mysterio’s eyes during a post-match handshake.

World Heavyweight Title
    Triple H w/Ric Flair & Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels

The opportunity to win the World Title is not one that someone as experienced as Shawn Michaels would overlook. From the opening bell he throws everything at his former friend, giving the champion little chance to fight back. But Triple H is nothing if not a ring general, and when the opportunity presents itself, he swings the match back in his direction, and sets about targeting Shawn’s previously injured back.

Michaels has nowhere to turn, so Triple H gradually wears him down, much to the fans distain. Luckily for them, HBK is one of the best of all time in working from underneath. Triple H barely gives him a sniff, but as he looks for a Running Knee Drop Michaels rolls out of the way! Triple H hobbles to his feet... and is met by big right hands from HBK! Triple H is flustered... so he kicks Michaels in the gut. He's looking for a Pedigree out of desperation! He wants this one over!

No! Michaels backdrops out of it… he poises as Hunter struggles back to his feet... Sweet Chin Music! No! Triple H ducks and Michaels runs past… and nails the champ with the Flying Forearm! Ki up! The fans explode, feeling Hunter’s grip on the title start to slip… Michaels with the Atomic Drop… then the Body Slam… and he’s going to the top! Will we see the Elbow Drop?

Not if Randy Orton has anything to do with it
    ! He dives in to the ring... so Michaels leaps off the top rope and nails him with a Crossbody! He lines up Sweet Chin Music… but Orton ducks… and Michaels nails Triple H!

“Oh my God!” Lawler exclaims. “Did Orton just accidentally cost Triple H the title?!”

Randy looks on in shock, so Michaels Clotheslines him over the top rope and makes the cover on Triple H!

Earl Hebner makes the count…

ONE…

TWO…

THR...

Flair elbow drops Hebner! He breaks up the count less than a second before the three!

But now Michaels fires off on Flair! Flair can barely cover up so he backs in to the ropes... Michaels Clotheslines him over the top! He's fighting three men on his own! But he doesn’t see Orton slither in to the ring… RKO!

NO! Michaels pushed him away! They charge at each other… and knock each other out with Clotheslines! Everyone is down in the ring…

AND HERE COMES GOLDBERG!

The crowd comes alive as Goldberg rushes to the ring and poises in the corner. He waits as Orton and Michaels struggle to their feet, ready to burst out with a Spear on one of them. Who will he hit? Will he screw Michaels out of the title so he gets the shot, or will he even the numbers against Evolution?
    Goldberg charges…

AND SPEARS RANDY ORTON!

Goldberg does the right thing, even if it costs him a shot at the title.
    He storms out of the ring towards the back as Michaels drags Triple H to his feet… low blow from Triple H! And Earl Hebner's only now starting to awaken… PEDIGREE ON SHAWN!

Triple H makes the cover...

ONE…

“Not this way!”
    JR yells.

TWO…

“Kick out, damn it!”

THREE.

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Triple H in 12:36

“Bah Gawd, I do not believe what I have seen. Goldberg did the right thing, damn it, and Triple H sneaked out with the title anyway.”

Flair and Orton ease back in to the ring, both in pain, and lift Triple H from the mat. He shoves them away and points to Michaels. This one is clearly not over.
    Goldberg slowly continues to the back, and watches as Flair snatches a remote control from a ringside worker. He presses a button... AND STARTS TO LOWER THE CAGE FROM EARLIER TONIGHT! Orton grabs the key from a referee and, with the cage back around the ring, locks the door and tucks the key in to his pocket... AND EVOLUTION BEAT THE HELL OUT OF MICHAELS!

The crowd start to chant for Goldberg, who is at the top of the ramp. He pauses to huge cheers and looks back to the ring, where Michaels has already been bloodied against the unforgiving steel structure. He stares for a few moments... but turns his back, leaving Michaels to be destroyed by their mutual enemies.

UNTIL HE TURNS AROUND AND STORMS BACK TO THE RING!

The crowd explode as Evolution start to panic in the ring, but reassure themselves when Orton points out he has the key. Goldberg stands on the outside looking in, wondering what to do. He walks up the steps and grabs the door by the chain-link... AND RIPS THE DOOR OFF IT'S HINGES!

Triple H immediately scales one side of the cage
    , leaving Flair and Orton alone with Goldberg... SPEAR TO FLAIR! Goldberg gets to his feet but doesn't see Orton... RKO! NO! Goldberg pushes him off the ropes... SPEAR! Flair is down! Orton is down!
    The Game can merely watch from the outside as his Evolution buddies lie unconscious in the ring.

Goldberg leans in to the cage and stares straight through the champion on the ramp as the camera zooms on his face...

"HUNTER!" he shouts... "YOU'RE NEXT!"

Triple H can merely back away up the ramp, too frightened to do anything else.

“Triple H is running like a scolded dog all over again!”
    JR bellows. “And Goldberg stands tall in the ring! Surely Goldberg is on his way to win the title this time?”

“You can’t say that, JR-“

Like hell I can’t! Goldberg is coming for Triple H, and he might just be bah gawd unstoppable!”

* END OF SHOW *

Tag Team Match

Randy Orton & Triple H vs. Goldberg & Shawn Michaels

Singles Match
    Ric Flair vs. Maven

Singles Match

Kane vs. Goldust

Singles Match

Stevie Richards vs. Scott Steiner

Confirmed Matches for WWE Unforgiven

Title vs. Career: World Heavyweight Title Match
    Triple H (c) vs. Goldberg

Legend Killer vs. Legend

Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels

Last Man Standing Match Kane vs. Shane McMahon

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

Christian (c) vs. Chris Jericho

Tables Match for the World Tag Team Titles

La Resistance (c) vs. Dudley Boys

If Steiner Wins, Stacy Is Free, If Test Wins, Steiner Works For Him
    Test vs. Scott Steiner
    Last edited by Keefmoon; 07-19-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Smackdown Review

Great start to the night with Vince McMahon looking to inhale all the heat from the crowd by cancelling the huge main event. Angle and Taker took care of Vince but I'm expecting tonight's main event won't go down as smoothly as the fans, Angle and Taker hope.

Solid opener between Mysterio and Tajiri for the the CW title. At this time it is the right move but with Mysterio's popularity sooner or later he will move away from the division. And Tajiri just green mist-ed him!!! Great stuff!! Always been a huge fan of Tajiri around this time.

Much like the Stacy/Venis segment from Raw the APA/Matt segement was hilarious. Kudos for that.

Good win for Kidman over Benjamin but he took a little beating afterwards. Kidman might need a partner you know? Where's Paul London at??

Interesting back and for between Benoit and Eddie, hopefully that is a feud that we can look forward to and salivate over down the line.

Cena rap!! Best segment of the project so far. Outstanding!!

Cena steals the win for his team. Nothing too much to write about here.

Matt Hardy Version 1 can't play poker haha

Main event went as expected, but I did not see Big Show coming out and now Vince has two large goons to do his bidding for him. Also flash back to earlier, poor Orlando Jordan haha!!! Wondering whether it's Lesnar/Angle or Lesnar/Taker, with Big Show taking the other. Next week already looks great.

RAW Review

Let's crack on with Raw while we are here.

Eventful stat with the steel cage match. Part of me wanted Shane to help RVD win but instead it looks like RVD is set for a spell on the sidelines. Shane's return would have got a huge pop, especially the cross body off the top of the cage. Expecting a brutal encounter between the two when they meet at Unforgiven.

Ric Flair is a b****rd!!! That is all!!

Evolution moaning again!!! Great interuptions by Michaels and Austin. If Triple H hadn't insisted on facing Michaels his title wouldn't be at risk tonight. Oh well!! wonder what Randy Orton thinks right now, help Evolution... or challenge for the World Title?

Things are not looking good for Spike Dudley. Got to love the evil French laughter though. Thought for sure his brothers would come to his aid but La Resistance add insult to injury by 3-D-ing Spike through the table. There will be hell to pay. Elimination Tables Match anyone?

Calling an Evolution bluff on Oton's part. And maybe we get to see Batista tonight.

Great win for Jericho and I'm looking forward to a feud with Christian over the next few months. Expecting Christian to permanently end the friendship by cheating to retain the title at Unforgiven. Jericho chasing should be great.

Tables match!!! Awesome!!! Hoping to see The Dudleys with the titles.

Oh so Flair puts Orton back on track. This is the running theme of the night you were talking about. Loving it so far. Goldust added a great touch to this segment too. It's those little things that make segments stand out.

The main event is going to be fun with Goldberg/Michaels also at odds.

Massive victory for Gail Kim. Push her to the moon.

Everything has built up to the main event tonight. And it delivered. Goldberg did the right thing but Triple H steals the victory anyway. The cage lowering bit at the end was excellent and I could envision everything from Goldberg ripping off the door to Triple H escaping over the top rope. Goldberg looks primed to take the title at Unforgiven and I'm intigued to see what comes next for him, hopefully not that awful triple threat that ended his run as champ.

Overall two very good shows and the recurring theme of RAW made for excellent reading. Keep up the great work mate.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

Sweeping comment right off the bat after reading, but this felt like a much more energetic Raw already. The kind of show that if you skipped, you’d regret upon reading the rundown online.

Thought the show was perfectly paced, kicking off with the previously announced Cage match. If the first match of a show is a heated cage match, you can be sure the show is surely packed. The big chokeslam off the cage to finish should keep RVD off TV for a few weeks at least, giving you a chance to finish up the Shane stuff before getting back to the juicier potential of Kane/RVD.

Shane making a big splash - literally - with his run in is typical of stunt man Shane, and coupled with the big spot during the match, it felt like you really put together a memorable Raw moment all in all.

Moving from one big angle to another just helped to keep the pace and energy of the show ramped up imo. Have to say, the stretcher being tipped over came across as a bit classless from Flair and almost even juvenile, like a carefree DX prank. Just doesn’t fit into the Evolution vibe imo. Onto the actual promo, and I’m definitely the kind of person that appreciates potential logic holes being acknowledged, so I absolutely loved Austin going to the trouble of explaining what would happen at Unforgiven in the event of Michaels beating Triple H tonight. Often, that loose end is left untied, and it just leaves viewers questioning things. With this, it also feels like HBK winning is possible now, as the Authority Figure has gone to the trouble of announcing a contingency plan.

What you also did with the contingency plan, was set up an overarching angle for the rest of the night with Evolution, and Randy Ortons dilemma. Orton already defying Triple H’s orders and looking out for himself caught me off guard, but the frostiness here was well done. Imo, it’s far too early to be teasing an Evolution break up, but it’s never too early to be planting seeds for that eventuality. Flair telling Randy he’s not ready for that step up is both true, and something I envision being repeated a lot, until that inevitable Hunter vs Orton match, when the question will hang over Orton whether he is ready at that point. The power play from Orton was interesting too, wanting his leader to ask him for his help. Didn’t care for the RKO spot with Goldust here in the locker room. Felt out of place, and almost comedic. I know Goldust isn’t a protected character at all, and he probably was the best guy for this role given his own family history in the business, but the RKO just came across as awkward to me. I’d have preferred a different kind of attack in this scenario, like ramming Goldust into the lockers or something to lay him out.

You did a fine job of continuing the tag team angle, especially introducing the tables into the feud, and making La Resistance look like a credible threat as a trio. Nothing you’ve done with this feud is reinventing the wheel, but I like the straightforward, traditional booking of the feud. It’s a very solid midcard feud that’s bubbling nicely for Unforgiven now that it was made official later in the show. Definitely got a kick out of Conway calling for “la table” too.

The interactions between Jericho and Christian are quickly becoming a highlight for me in this thread. You’ve got the douche Christian character nailed down already, and I love it. Being a listener of the E&C pod, I enjoy a Tommy Dreamer jab always, and the ‘Games are boring’ jibe was funny too. Jericho was ready for a face turn at this point imo, so I’m pleased to see this appears to be the route he’s headed in right now, with Christians efforts failing to convince Jericho here.

And given his performance in the Battle Royal, there’s definitely steps being taken to position Jericho back in the face role. Overcoming the odds is a fine example of that. Interested by the strong showing Mark Henry got in the Battle Royal, looking like a proper threat in there. Nice to throw in the Hurricane chokeslam comedy spot too. Good job of keeping the Test issues with Steiner and Val fresh in the minds with this match too.

Was very much wavering on what I thought of the Michaels/Goldberg meeting until HBK turned off the act. From there, you wrote a believable and intense piece of back and forth dialogue. The closing of the segment actually made me appreciate the early bit more in the end, and your portrayal of the nice guy Shawn act was really good. You did a great job establishing that both men have their own agendas here, setting up what could happen later.

Surprised that Gail beat Trish, as it felt like Trish was being geared up to challenge for the title. Gail being Molly’s sidekick, but outshining her and making the champion jealous down the line could be a really fun angle if that’s where you end up with this.

I meant to say this last time, but LMAO at the writing of Tests accent. I love it. I hope Steiner beats Test at Unforgiven, just to end this never ending feud. Given it’s the same stipulation as real life, I’m confident you’ll take the right direction unlike real life.

Again, much like with RVD, I found the Goldust stretcher spot a little too juvenile for this version of Triple H. The fact there didn’t appear to be any comeback on Orton from the rest of the locker room, and them just letting him stay after his attack on Goldust also struck me as odd. Showing the respect the champion is afforded by clearing the locker room with one word was kinda bad ass. Orton lording it over Triple H was a really interesting thing to read, and you’d be sure that that won’t be forgotten by The Game, having to beg his subordinate to have his back really.

Main event was filled with a lot of drama, twists and turns. Very nicely done and enjoyable to read, along with it being unpredictable too, thanks to the way the match was put together and built through the night. Orton ducking Chin Music only for Hunter to eat it is a definite spot that’ll be brought up again in the future as to whether Orton knew what he was doing or not. Goldberg doing the right thing was expected, but still meant Triple H ended up sneaking away with the win.

I very much enjoyed the show closing angle, which got the absolute best out of Goldberg. Him ripping the cage door off his hinges (props for explaining how Flair got the cage lowered, as opposed to MAGIC) to save Shawn just goes hand in hand with the aura of the unstoppable Goldberg. Wisely, you got Triple H out of there, keeping the eventual showdown between the pair apart, doing a nice job of building anticipation for the beating Goldberg will be laying down at Unforgiven.

This was good. Surprisingly very good. I dug the whole Evolution angle through the night, though I hope you aren’t already thinking of breaking them up, but are instead just establishing motivations. Much more fun to read already.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Raw Review

'03 was such a great time, with so much good stuff going on but it also had some faults that could definitely use correcting. Right off the hop, you capture the feel of the time period.

Steel Cage! Hell of a way to start the show. This is the Kane I know and love, and if I was doing a WWE BTB in any time period, it's exactly what I would do with him too. What a way to end the match too.

Please for the love of god, when Kane and Shane do face off, dont make Shane such a formidable opponent. It made Kane look weak in that feud. He needs to be a destructive monster.

Typical Triple H/Evolution promo. Stone Cold making it a title match to HHH's disapproval was great.

Spike showing some bravery. Could see that backfiring.

Spike gets the surprise win, but I gotta wonder why the Dudleyz didn't come out as Spike got attacked. I feel like they would have been at least watching from the back and seen the attack start.

Haha! Christian saying Dreamer is overweight and boring.

A good, awkward back and forth between Jericho and Christian. This is a fun build for their feud.

Oooh! Evolution tension. That was well played!

Jindrak!!

Felt inevitable that Jericho would win the chance to face Christian. Well earned win, and it's gonna be some fun interactions with Christian coming up.

Unforgiven match tailor made for the Dudleyz. Gives me feelings that they may not get the win.

That Goldust Flair interaction was comedy gold!

Smart move here, Trish stays looking strong even with a loss.

Haha! Brawl in Bischoff's office. The PPV match is basically what happened in real life, so curious what you will make your own about it.

Haha! Triple H struggling to be polite. Another good promo.

What was to be expected from this main event. Lots of interference, and the Unforgiven matches dont change. Very entertainingly written.

Overall, a very good show here. A few minor complaints but lots to like. Your recap matches can be a little quick, but the cage match, battle royal and the main event were very flushed out. Your promo work was pretty solid throughout and you had a few very funny moments. You have captured the time period very well. Keep it up, excited for the next show!

Squash Fodder

Status

Just found time to read Raw.

Again, a brilliant show. It really does evoke the fondest memories of the period. You have each character down to a T and it helps so much for each character to have their own recognisable little nuances. The HBK/Goldberg backstage segment was a particular favourite of mine this show around, I could just picture HBK with the right level of goofiness as he kept talking to a reactionless Goldberg.

The flow of the show itself, as usual, is great.

The match write ups are just right, too. I especially enjoyed the main event.

You manage to say so much without over-writing, something I'm not sure I could do myself.

I do hate this BTB though, because it just makes me look even harder at what WWE can be at its best, and what it actually is now. I miss the days where we didn't have recaps all the time of things that happened literally 3 minutes before, and when a show flowed from start to finish and storylines just made sense.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information