Thread: Thoughts on FCW Wrestling

Chikara Trainee

Status

WWE NXT Thoughts on FCW Wrestling

What were your thoughts regarding Florida Championship Wrestling as WWE's developmental territory before it became NXT Wrestling?

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Thoughts on FCW Wrestling

Hard to say if it was a result of the company or the people in charge of talent relations but I'd say FCW was pretty poor in terms of the talents it produced for WWE. The Shield are probably the most successful alumni of FCW, along with Kofi and Sheamus who have had pretty nice, lengthy careers in WWE. Compared to OVW who produced Lesnar, Cena, Batista, Orton, Punk and more, it really pales in comparison. Needless to say I think it's great that they've transformed NXT into their development system and created a proper brand out of it.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - THE FINALS!!
    Shock vs. Ed

Chikara Trainee

Status

Re: Thoughts on FCW Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Hard to say if it was a result of the company or the people in charge of talent relations but I'd say FCW was pretty poor in terms of the talents it produced for WWE. The Shield are probably the most successful alumni of FCW, along with Kofi and Sheamus who have had pretty nice, lengthy careers in WWE. Compared to OVW who produced Lesnar, Cena, Batista, Orton, Punk and more, it really pales in comparison. Needless to say I think it's great that they've transformed NXT into their development system and created a proper brand out of it.
    Not to mention that most of FCW's female talents were former models and neither the likes of Sasha Banks, Bayley, Charlotte Flair, Asuka and Becky Lynch weren't on the FCW roster, either.

Thread Information