Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slammiversary 2018 Discussion Thread

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Slammiversary 2018 Discussion Thread

So I was going to wait till Monday to post this, but theirs some huge Matchups that were locked in for the PPV that really fucking interest me heading into July's PPV. After what I saw from Callihan in the Three Way to the Grave for Lucha Underground with Fenix and Muertes, it's going to be one to be one hell of a Match when theirs no rules and it's the Mullet on the line vs Pentagon JR's Mask woah! I could see it going either way to be honest, yeah Pentagon JR could lose the Mask and still cover up his Face with Paint you know right hehe. That Fatal Four Way could be the Match of the Night with all that talent in the ring, they should of put the stipulation that the winner gets a future X-Division Title Shot, but hey I'll take this Match. I imagine Impact will have some kind of Cage vs Kong Match and two more Title Matches involving the X-Division and Tag Titles Champions. Should be a fun PPV.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 07-12-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Slammiversary 2018 Discussion Thread

Two new Matches added in Dreamer vs Edwards, and Cage vs Sydal. I don't see Cage vs Sydal sticking unless Kong gets it to a Triple Threat for the X-Division Title and I see Blanchard vs Allie, LAX Prime vs LAX New for the Tag Titles being inked it soon as well.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'm actually pretty damn excited for this!!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

The matches I enjoy the most for this are Pentagon/Callihan, four way and LAX/OG's. Without trying to be that guy, I do feel like some of the other matches are a little meh, especially Aries/Moose as the main event.

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    The matches I enjoy the most for this are Pentagon/Callihan, four way and LAX/OG's. Without trying to be that guy, I do feel like some of the other matches are a little meh, especially Aries/Moose as the main event.
    Callihan Vs Pentagon is definitely the one I'm looking forward to the most. Pentagon being one of, if not my favorite, superstar from Lucha Underground and Callihan being, in my opinion, the best thing Impact has going for it right now. Dude is a fucking great heel.

Can't stand Moose so I'm hoping Aries kills this push quick.

LAX Vs OGz should be entertaining.

Liking the heelish Edwards thing they have going, so I'm hoping that one is pretty hardcore.

Interested to see if they just have Cage squash Sydal, or if Sydal puts up a bit of a fight before losing.

Four way should be hella fun. Disappointing there isn't a story of any kind there.

Don't like Su or Rayne...so yeah.

Love Tessa. Should be another win before she moves on to the Knockouts Championship.
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 07-19-2018 at 08:55 AM.

"Above Average"

Status
      Country                    United States

I don't get to watch Impact but I think I'm going to buy the show on Fite. I feel like I should show my support for Impact. I like the direction for the most part and I think Don Callis and Scott D'Amore mean well for the company.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Might not be able to watch live, but will watch the show asap, should be a nice change of pace to a G1. I was impressed with Impact's last PPV and then a number of things put me off keeping up with the TV show (doing nothing with Pentagon as champion, the su yung crap), I'll give them another chance here.

The LAX/LAX feud is the one that has my most interest. That 4 way is loaded with talent that I wish they had used a little better.

"Above Average"

Status

I debated all the way up to the last minute, but I just bought the damn thing. I'm excited to see the show tonight.

My pick 'ems:

Tessa Blanchard over Allie
    LAX over the OGz
    Eddie Edwards over Tommy Dreamer
    Johnny Impact in the 4 Way
    Pentagon over Sami Callihan
    Matt Sydal over Brian Cage
    Su Yung over Madison Rayne
    Moose over Austin Aries

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The Su Yung stuff might be one of the worst gimmicks/angles of the year. Way out of place in Impact considering the greatness of and realism of the LAX stuff. I wish they had a stronger challenger for the world title than Moose. To me instead of that nothing title reign, if they had built up to Penta getting the title at Slammiversary it would have built to a great moment and been something you can really hang your hat on. That said his feud with Sami has been really good. I'm not a fan of his in-ring but you can't deny that Sami is doing great character work all year for Impact. I just think they could have had a better challenger. Heck, I was more into Aries vs. DeAngelo Williams in just that one segment than Moose.

The tv show isn't bad outside of Su and occasionally one of those goofy Eddie Edwards segments. (One of the bigger dropped balls this year after the great angle on Redemption imo) I look forward to watching this show. Only real difference in predictions from Bags is Cage over Sydal which needs to happen and Aries retaining in the main event. Just not a believer in Moose with the lackluster build. The 4 way should be really great even though it's ultimately probably just a vehicle to get Johnny Impact a win on PPV.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The card doesn't look great but I'll be sure to watch it. Sydal vs Cage could be good. Cage is best when someone reels him in and plays that fighting babyface against the monster.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Oh Cage has to win. From Redemption to now it feels like they've been building him up for a Joe type run in the X-Division where it's all about no weight limits and Sydal's 3rd eye can't save him now.

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Oh Cage has to win. From Redemption to now it feels like they've been building him up for a Joe type run in the X-Division where it's all about no weight limits and Sydal's 3rd eye can't save him now.

I'm not too up-to-date on the product because I don't get to watch the weekly show. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of chicanery that leads to Sydal beating the monster.

The entire show has a big show feel to me.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m going to try and watch. I’ve enjoyed the weeklies for the most part when I caught up. I don’t care much for the women’s matches or Dreamer having a match but the rest looks good. Looking forward to Cage/Sydal, Pentagon/Sami, and the LAX battle.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

I still don't have access to Pop, but I think I may try to catch this. The LAX and OGz match intrigues me as does Penta and Sami.0

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

"Above Average"

Status

Great opening video for the show. I'm most excited about the fact that they finally showed the epic voice over man's face.

I feel kinda bad for TNA. They just apparently had a great PPV, but it's a PPV where you had to pay $39.99 to see. Even though it's supposed to be much better than the non-NXT offerings from the WWE, price wise, is it even worth it?

Jim's Favorite Threads
    Fright Fest Archives | Ask Jim |
    Horror Movie Discussion | Jim's Reviews Archive

Coming next month - TEN

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel kinda bad for TNA. They just apparently had a great PPV, but it's a PPV where you had to pay $39.99 to see. Even though it's supposed to be much better than the non-NXT offerings from the WWE, price wise, is it even worth it?
    That does seem ROH level high.

Chances are more people will illegally watch this show than any other tna show for a few years. If that leads to more fans sticking around for tv then it’s a positive. Maybe we’ll get a Tommy Dreamer rant about pirates again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That does seem ROH level high.

Chances are more people will illegally watch this show than any other tna show for a few years. If that leads to more fans sticking around for tv then it’s a positive. Maybe we’ll get a Tommy Dreamer rant about pirates again.
    It will never stop being hilarious to me when people look at how many illegal downloads a file has had and acts as if all of them would have legally bought it.

Jim's Favorite Threads
    Fright Fest Archives | Ask Jim |
    Horror Movie Discussion | Jim's Reviews Archive

Coming next month - TEN

Status

Impact offers a streaming service now so there's no reason to expect anyone to pay $40 for a PPV. They should do as ROH and offer a tiered pricing model that includes 50% off PPV for one and free PPV for the other.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

"Above Average"

Status

It does suck that they charge $40 for one show in this day and age. But this shouldn’t be about that. I paid my $40 and I loved the show. It was about me showing my support for Impact Wrestling when I bought it on Fite and I’m not sorry that I did. They hit a home run last night, no mistake about it. Impact is now back in the discussion.

It was about a decade ago when the world started finding out about TNA. The world is finding out about Impact Wrestling now. I’m excited to see what’s next and I’m even more excited to spend another $40 on Bound for Glory.

Thread Information