Thread: WWE interested in The Young Bucks?

Status

WWE interested in The Young Bucks?

From wrestlinginc

The Young Bucks are one of the hottest tag teams in professional wrestling. The IWGP Heavyweight Champions have racked up countless title reigns, royalty checks, and superkicks along the way. The success of 'All In' might only scratch the surface when all is said and done for Nick and Matt Jackson.

The Jacksons got a WWE tryout years ago after they left TNA. A contract with ROH was already on the table for Nick and Matt Jackson so they didn't take their tryout too seriously even though they were told the entire tryout was pretty much arranged for them.

The Young Bucks' ROH contracts are up at the end of the year and Kenny Omega could be available in February. Therefore the WWE Universe might be growing anxious to see what happens next in that situation because WWE could be very tempting for The Golden Elite.

Now it looks like rumors of WWE getting closer to The Young Bucks are even clearer at this point because WWE's official Twitter account recently started following Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks. This might seem like a small detail, but every great journey starts with a single step and it looks like we could have already seen a few of those already.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE interested in The Young Bucks?

I'd go as far as to say the bucks are the least likely act in wrestling to sign with WWE. WWE would have to make them a ridiculous offer to make them give up their control on merchandise and walk away from ROH/NJPW and whatever All In turns into.

Never say never I suppose, but it would be a real surprise. I know their ROH deals are coming up soon and ROH will probably give them the biggest contract in their history to get the to sign on.

Now it looks like rumors of WWE getting closer to The Young Bucks are even clearer at this point because WWE's official Twitter account recently started following Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks. This might seem like a small detail, but every great journey starts with a single step and it looks like we could have already seen a few of those already.
    It really is a small detail because it really isn't even a detail worth anything. The Bucks have clearly been on the WWE's radar for years. Especially in the last few years, if The Bucks wanted to go to the WWE, they could have any time they were contractually able to.

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

I see this as WWE trying to sign them simply to keep them away from ROH and New Japan. In ROH especially, they are one of the top acts. They could main event a PPV (if ROH had any other top-level teams for them to face, other than the Briscoes). WWE wouldn't know what to do with them. WWE would probably give them one good year, and then bury them like they do a lot of tag teams. Then after burying them, if they leave WWE, they're value would be less than it is today.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Ole!

Status

They're always going to be interested and unless they can match what the Bucks earn they ain't ever going to WWE unless when Vince goes they start cross promoting.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

They'd just end up doing amazing on NXT just to go to the main roster and have "nothing for them from creative" or be involved in garbage tier matches anyway.

They are better off without WWE.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status

Like everyone else is saying... It would be really unlikely for them to join WWE. And really stupid as well. They're part of a huge movement right now in pro wrestling, and have to be considered at least among the ten most important wrestlers in the world right now. I don't think they care about WWE at all. They're set financially and their reputation will continue to flourish on the indies while joining WWE will only lead to them getting lost in the crowd.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Depends completely on what motivates them. With money not being a factor, the question of whether or not they could make it in WWE will have been discussed.

If they're happy earning a living without going that route, then all the power to them. They have a luxury of choice so few in their position get.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

If I'm either of the Bucks or Omega right now I'm looking at the landscape and seeing, for the first time in almost 20 years, the possibility of actual competition with WWE/F and I'd be way more excited about being on the other side of that and building that brand with the creative freedom they currently have, than being in WWE and having to do things their way.

It's a few months old now, but when they were last on Talk is Jericho they mentioned that with everything they'd have to give up to sign with WWE, the offer would have to be ridiculous and is something they know is very unlikely to come to them as a tag team.

I'll say this though. I can absolutely see, within the next 5 years, the Bucks and Kenny, signing with WWE and getting that rub as "Superstars" before (perhaps) one last run outside the company. I think that at this point, they're more interested in building the scene outside of WWE (which has proven financially viable for them) than being lost in the shuffle on WWE TV.

Thread Information