Thread: WWE Extreme Rules 2018 - Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Extreme Rules WWE Extreme Rules 2018 - Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    At WWE's most Extreme night of the year, might will make right. For the first time ever, Roman Reigns will go one-on-one against Bobby Lashley in a showdown between two absolute forces of nature.

Two of the most intense Superstars on Monday Night Raw, Reigns and Lashley were originally set to be part of a multi-man match at the July 15 pay-per-view to decide who will become the next Superstar to challenge Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.

However, when the high-stakes encounter was suddenly called off due to apparent problems with Lesnar’s contract negotiations, a subsequent interaction between Reigns and Lashley turned from professional to personal in a hurry. During their heated exchange, they proposed settling things in the ring, a notion Raw General Manager Kurt Angle was more than happy to "take under advisement." Then, after various attempts to team together only served to further fuel their issues, Angle decided they would indeed settle things in the ring of the Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

Will Reigns once again prove himself to be The Guy? Or will Lashley claim his biggest victory since making his earth-shattering return to WWE? Don’t miss the action when the two powerful competitors collide at WWE Extreme Rules, Sunday, July 15, at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network!
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 07-05-2018 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Multi-man cancelled, have Reigns vs Lashley
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Extreme Rules 2018 - Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??

I'm guessing the rest of the participants will be Owens, Elias, Jinder and Balor/Rollins. I'm a little split between Balor and Rollins because I feel like one of them has to feud with Ziggler for a little while. Rollins is the prime candidate but they may want to go ahead and rocket him into the world title scene now, so who knows.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WWE Extreme Rules 2018 - Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??

have to imagine they have taken the IC title off seth to put him up against Brock. which makes sense and is the biggest match they can run here seeing as Brock-Roman is done to death and Braun has MITB.

i am pretty burned out from WWE GMSI multi man orgy matches but this could be ok depending on who else is in it. lashley has been pretty mediocre so far but atleast hes a new face in the main event

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Ideally they'll add Seth, Finn, Drew and Braun.

In reality they'll add Seth, Elias, Owens and Jinder.

The winner has to be Seth, but I really can't put it past this company at the moment to set up Brock/Reigns yet again.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The only two possible winners for me are Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. Wouldn't surprise me if they go with Reigns again since apparently Lesnar's contract ends after SummerSlam (although he could sign an extension like WM).

Anyway, lucky they are doing joint shows now because Raw has a small roster (that I can think off the top of my head anyway) and the rest of the car would be sparse.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Have Rollins vs. Lesnar (and Lashley vs. Reigns) at SummerSlam and I'll be satisfied.

I dount they'll have Braun in this #1 contender's match since he already has the briefcase.

#WC4Horsemen

WAKE UP

Status

they appeared to set up Braun vs Owens last RAW but that could also just lead to both being in this.

Character Jobber

Status

With the match will now be one-on-one (which technically is multi-man), the angle being that Lesnar doesn't want to face the winner. Kurt Angle should be allowed to put 10 men in the match if he wanted to and Lesnar face the winner or get stripped. Lesnar's lucky he hasn't been stripped of the title yet.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Won't happen, but I hope Lashley destroys Reigns.

WAKE UP

Status

still not impressed with Lashley as a worker but this is atleast a fresh match and will be a real showcase of how good/bad he is. Hoping it delivers but my expectations are low going in.

Do they go Lashley vs Brock or ANOTHER Roman vs Brock? Neither are ideal.

THE MAN

Status

Another match 100% destined to fail. You cannot put Reigns in a PPV match against someone the crowd doesn't care about and won't get behind, not to mention a pretty lousy wrestler to boot so I see nothing short of another dud to his current PPV streak.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

At this point I'm starting to think they are trying to book Roman into the ground. Do they want him to be the guy or not? It doesn't seem so by the way they've booked him and the matches they've given him. I'm sure they see Lashley as a top guy so maybe I'm wrong but surely they see this will fail, right?
    Last edited by MC 16; 07-04-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Yeah the booking of Reigns since Mania is questionable at best. It really is odd. It's clear to everyone that his booking is just setting him up for failure. WWE has to know this. This match could exceed expectations and be a fairly good brawl, but it's going to take both guys being at their best and some intelligent booking, so I'm certainly not counting on it.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE Extreme Rules 2018 - Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley

Opening post updated to reflect the multi-man match being replaced by Reigns/Lashley one-on-one.

Yup.

Contain your excitement, folks.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Re: WWE Extreme Rules 2018 - Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley

I think this one lives and dies in how it's laid out... although it could just be doomed from the off because it's Reigns and at this point he's toxic to the most vocal parts of the crowd. I don't see Lashley turning anyone around on Roman, no matter what he does. It could be a good match but I reckon that the crowd will hijack it regardless and neither guy will benefit from it coming out unless WWE actually commit to a Reigns heel turn - which I can't see happening here anyway because if you're actually gonna pull that trigger you do it one Seth and/or Dean.

Thread Information