Thread: Man United. Football Manager 2018.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Man United. Football Manager 2018.

It is the beginning of the 2017/18 season and Man United are in a struggle. Jose Mourinho has left the club, after being severely unhappy with their position from the last season. He will be replaced by Declan Dimi. A 47 year old manager with experience in the lower leagues in Australia. He is being used by the club to help their international finance in Australia, while also giving Manchester United a brand new start. He said in the Press Conference that "This is a dream of mine to be a coach at the club I support. I will do everything within my power to take the club back to the glory days with the players, myself, and the fans."

Manchester United's pre season fixtures will feature: Tottenham (H), Lyon (H), and Crotone (H). They will then face Real Madrid in the European Super Cup before the start of the Premier League Season. So far, Dimi's Manchester United have been linked with Milinkovic Savic, Werner, Evans, Diego Alves, Garay, and Pepe. Dimi also announced that new signings Lukaku, Lindelof, and Matic will all feature during the Pre-Season

OOC: My first post will be a recap of the Pre-Season, before doing each Premier League games as it's own post. I do have a question for the readers. Would you prefer 1 game per post, or multiple games (if so how many)?. Let me know! Hope you all enjoy!

Goal Scoring Table (Including Friendlies)
    Player # of Goals
    Lukaku 5
    Martial 2
    Pogba 2
    Rashford 1

Assists Table (Including Friendlies)
    Player # of Assists
    Mkhitaryan 2
    Pogba 2
    Martial 1
    Shaw 1
    Gomes, Shaw 1

2017/18 Transfers
    Player (In or Out) Club (Transfer Fee)
    Diego Alves (In) $5,250,000
    Nabil Fekir (In) $66,000,000

Last edited by DeclanDimi; 06-20-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: Man United. Football Manager 2018.

Manchester United 2017/18 Pre-Season

9th July:
    Chris Smalling will be out for 2 months after suffering a damaged kneecap in a freak accident during training. He was partaking in a 6 a side game against the U/19’s, when a collision with the goalkeeper occurred. We wish him the best in all of his recovery period.

15th July: Squad vs Tottenham (4-2-3-1): De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Jones, Valencia, Pogba, Matic, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Lukaku.

15th July: Half Time (0-0). Rashford get brought on for Mata at HT. Rashford scores after 52’ to make it 1-0. Lukaku then scores in the 79’ and 85’ to make it 3-0. Full Time (3-0). MOTM: Lukaku

22nd July: Henrikh Mkhitaryan will be out for 3 weeks after pulling his hamstring at training.

27th July: Diego Alves has signed with Manchester United on a 5.25 Million fee. It is believed that he will be a backup to David De Gea.

29th July: Squad vs Lyon (4-2-3-1): Alves, Riley, Blind, Lindelof, Young, Herrera, Carrick, Martial, Pogba, Gomes, Lukaku.

29th July: Martial scores the opener 7 minutes in. Half Time (1-0). Grenier equalises for them at the 81st. Rashford brought on for Gomes. Full Time (1-1). MOTM: Martial.

5th August: Nabil Fekir has signed a 4 year deal with Manchester United. The fee is believed to be 66 Million.

5th August: Squad vs Crotone (4-2-3-1): De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Jones, Valencia, Fellaini, Matic, Rashford, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku.

5th August: Lukaku scores early on in the 5th minute on the counter to make it 1-0. He then gets his second off a corner in the 29th. Half Time (2-0). Martial subbed on for Lukaku in the 78’. Pogba then scores a late goal to end it at 3-0. Full Time (3-0). MOTM: Pogba.

8th August: Squad vs Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Rojo, Valencia, Herrera, Matic, Martial, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku.

8th August: In our 1st chance at a European trophy, we concede after 7’ to a Ronaldo free kick. We then concede again after 18’ to an Isco volley. Martial then gets one back after 30’. Marital then misses a 1-on-1 just before HT. Half Time (1-2). We then concede again to Isco in the 47’ to make it 3 for them. Pogba then scores a great free kick to make it 3-2 after 72’ then Lukaku scores a corner header to make it 3-3 with 10 to go!! It then gets sent to ET.
    Penalties:
    Lukaku - Scores
    Ronaldo - Scores
    Martial - Scores
    Modric - Scores
    Mata - Misses!!
    Ramos - Misses!!
    Herrera - Scores
    Bale - Scores
    Matic - Scores
    Benzema - Scores
    Pogba - Misses!!
    Kroos - Scores
    Final Score: Man United 3 (4) - Real Madrid 3 (5)

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: Man United. Football Manager 2018.

Manchester United vs Everton
    12th August, 2017
    Old Trafford

Man United Team List: De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Jones, Valencia, Herrera (c), Matic, Martial, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku.

Substitutes:
    Diego Alves, Lindelof, Darmian, Fekir, Blind, Rashford, Wilson.

Leave predictions below. I will wait a few days before posting each game incase you guys would like to leave predictions. I would like to run a predictions contest. If you would like to join, fill out the form below!!

Score (1 point):
    Man United Scorers (1 point):
    Minute of first goal (within 5 minutes) (1 point):

I’ll probably keep a leaderboard of the predictions up on the main post. So feel free to join! The matches will have much, much more detail than the pre-season as well as Around The Grounds scores and statistics. Enjoy!

Thread Information