Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: G1 Climax 28

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: G1 Climax 28

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    What does everyone have against Tonga I think hes got a good heel persona and can cut a promo
    He can cut a promo? Tonga Loa maybe. Tama Tonga, no. Honestly never seen a promo that I enjoyed from Tama Tonga. He tries way too hard to be edgy, may I remind you of that "ho ass monkey" promo he cut. And he is a terrible wrestler who stinks up the show regardless who he is with. Many things that people have against him.
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-20-2018 at 05:39 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    He can cut a promo? Tonga Loa maybe. Tama Tonga, no. Honestly never seen a promo that I enjoyed from Tama Tonga. He tries way too hard to be edgy, may I remind you of that "ho ass monkey" promo he cut. And he is a terrible wrestler who stinks up the show regardless who he is with. Many things that people have against him.
    I thought the promo on Omega was good last year. I am not saying hes my fav in NJPW hes not but I like him

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

OMB he is one of the worst wrestlers in the company. I wasn’t gonna say anything unless you said what you just said so I’ll say it. It boggles my mind that out of all the fantastic wrestlers and talkers NJPW has to offer you single out Tama fucking Tonga as someone who has something about him. The guy sucks. He’s not a good promo, he can’t even be carried to a good match. Sure he has a nice look but that’s about it. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion but I’m also entitled to tell you that your opinion blows. Just like Tama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    OMB he is one of the worst wrestlers in the company. I wasn’t gonna say anything unless you said what you just said so I’ll say it. It boggles my mind that out of all the fantastic wrestlers and talkers NJPW has to offer you single out Tama fucking Tonga as someone who has something about him. The guy sucks. He’s not a good promo, he can’t even be carried to a good match. Sure he has a nice look but that’s about it. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion but I’m also entitled to tell you that your opinion blows. Just like Tama.

ok?

if we are talking my favs it probably be Cody, Juice, Naito, Ishii is a wrestling machine too

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

MC Mitchy D

Status

ok?

if we are talking my favs it probably be Cody, Juice, Naito, Ishii is a wrestling machine too
    Cody is a great talker but he’s been pretty underwhelming in most of his matches (including other companies) except for a select few such as the Ibushi match

MC Mitchy D

Status

And don’t ask something like “what do you have against *insert shitty wrestler here*” and be surprised when you’re told why

Hail To The King

Status

Tbh i got to watch more njpw

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

THE MAN

Status

He’s not a good promo. He’s like a child that’s discovered swear words for the first time and is just using them randomly with no power or intent behind them. I’d hear more intimidating threats over a CoD online game than how Tama talks about Kenny.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status

What does everyone have against Tonga I think hes got a good heel persona and can cut a promo
    There was way too much interference and bogged down matches involving them during G1. And that is coming from a Tonga fan. They just have been booked poorly since the attack on Bullet Club at G1USA.

Status

So still working my way through the tourney. I think I need to start skipping the undercard matches, as they are only adding so much. Have to agree with the complaints I've heard a number of times about Fale and Tonga. Just not enjoying what they bring. I get whats intended, but its just making me want to skip all their matches.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So still working my way through the tourney. I think I need to start skipping the undercard matches, as they are only adding so much. Have to agree with the complaints I've heard a number of times about Fale and Tonga. Just not enjoying what they bring. I get whats intended, but its just making me want to skip all their matches.
    You're watching the undercard matches? That sounds like a quick way to burn yourself out.

Yep, firing squad suck.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You're watching the undercard matches? That sounds like a quick way to burn yourself out.

Yep, firing squad suck.
    I know they sometimes use the undercard matches to set up things in subsequent tournament matches, so felt wrong to skip them right off the start. But yeah.... not feeling worth it at all.

The Voices of Wrestling flagship podcast was talking the other day about Fale apparently getting some serious heat with company execs over his language and such. If the whole story arc goes nowhere and their wasted GP matches were a total waste.... that would suck some hard ass.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I know they sometimes use the undercard matches to set up things in subsequent tournament matches, so felt wrong to skip them right off the start. But yeah.... not feeling worth it at all..
    It's really not worth it. There was one thing that was built in the undercards and it didn't even matter until the finals nights.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Jesus christ Papa . I skipped all the undercard matches and felt burnt out. God knows how you're still keeping up with it

Status

IN MY DEFENSE.... I'm only starting Night 7, so its not like I've ground through almost all the shows. But yeah, just hasn't been enough there to make it worth that extra bit of time.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Jesus christ Papa . I skipped all the undercard matches and felt burnt out. God knows how you're still keeping up with it
    Yeah last year what I would do is one Day I would watch the Undercard Matches then the next just the G1 Climax Matches. I made the mistake of watching them all this year and for sure I felt like I was hit by a Truck by the end of the Undercard Matches. Somehow I survived due to alot of Caffeine in my system.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I tried to give the Firing Squad a chance but when you burn through your shtick in less than a week and you flood really bad booking in a place where it doesn’t really fit (even with how the product is changing) it just comes off as really tedious and bad shit.

I can honestly see why it’s someones cup of tea but I’ll pass on that cup seeing as someone pissed in it.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    Yeah last year what I would do is one Day I would watch the Undercard Matches then the next just the G1 Climax Matches. I made the mistake of watching them all this year and for sure I felt like I was hit by a Truck by the end of the Undercard Matches. Somehow I survived due to alot of Caffeine in my system.
    Cray, Hoho. I basically exist on caffeine to get thru my workday, so I don't think I can up that intake all that much. Short of delving into speed, I think it makes the most sense to just start skipping that stuff.

And agree, Nicky. One of the VoW podcasts brought up another point on the Samoans and their antics and how utterly repetitive they are - the majority of New Japan fans aren't really going to be watching every single match on the G1, and a lot of those in attendance may not have seen a lot. So they aren't seeing the tenth straight Tonga interference in the same way like we do. I fully accept that not everything any promotion does it going to completely appeal to me but I just haven't seen a lot of people talk about actually enjoying it.

Thread Information