Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: G1 Climax 28

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: G1 Climax 28

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I feel like Toma Tonga push maybe in the future guy has something bout him
    He certainly has me skipping his G1 matches about him.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I feel like Toma Tonga push maybe in the future guy has something bout him
    No OMB, just no.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

There's always one, isn't there?

Today's show was fine. The last two matches were very good. The crowd went mental for both matches. The finish for Elgin/Tanahashi was sloppy but everything else was upto standard and was an entertaining match. Okada vs EVIL had some nice call backs to their last matches and both looked strong coming out of the match.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Fale vs Hashi. Yeah another one of those bs booking decisions, but at least Hashi got the win over Fale who can send me into Nap mode faster than you can say Duck Duck Goose.

Page vs Suzuki. A perfectly solid Match between the two, but I felt it never got into second or third gear to be honest. I bet Page was happy as shit getting the win over Suzuki, truly is a vote of confidence from NJPW to Page with that win.

White vs Makabe. Can Jay White please get a fucking win under clean terms just once in this G1 Climax?! I remember his first two Matches were done under those terms, now I did miss a few days from the Climax, but I bet he won those Matches the same way. It really sucks because I feel these two were working towards something, then let's bring a Chair into the situation.

Tanahashi vs Elgin. Both of these guys really brought it and the homestretch between these two was awesome. Even it took alot from Tanahashi to beat Elgin in this one, for Elgin this is a positive because it showed that he is at Tanahashi's level.

Okada vs EVIL. Man the shots in this Match was brutal to look at. I swear I saw EVIL land a Closeline to Okada and send his head into the sea of people watching the Match! I loved the callbacks from last year and it took Okada to find his center to beat EVIL good stuff here.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    White vs Makabe. Can Jay White please get a fucking win under clean terms just once in this G1 Climax?! I remember his first two Matches were done under those terms, now I did miss a few days from the Climax, but I bet he won those Matches the same way. It really sucks because I feel these two were working towards something, then let's bring a Chair into the situation.
    Yeah, he did nothing different in those matches unfortunately. Which is a shame because like you said, it's all promising up till the cheating and then the matches end on a sour note. I'm sure that's the purpose of the matches but it's not what White need right now, especially in every single match.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

This tournament has turned Bad Luck Fale and Tama Tonga into legit worst wrestler in the world contenders.

Tanahashi/Elgin good until the bad finish, Okada/Evil eh ok but lacked drama and Okada's spinning rainmaker is awful.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

This is my second G1. I would say that I much preferred last year although this year has been very good. Will post my ratings for every match at some point today.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    This tournament has turned Bad Luck Fale and Tama Tonga into legit worst wrestler in the world contenders.

Tanahashi/Elgin good until the bad finish, Okada/Evil eh ok but lacked drama and Okada's spinning rainmaker is awful.
    How did you like his Balloons though?

I didn't mind the Spinning Rainmaker he gotta change it up sometime. I feel that way about Omega, theirs going to be a day where someone breaks both of his legs and arms in a match and he's going to need to come up with something new then nearly killing his opponent with V-Triggers over and over.

I was thinking about the other day and yeah it's a little off-topic, but I was thinking if Ibushi would of signed long term with WWE where would be at this point in his career in the company? Would he be a bigger star than Shinsuke, or just stuck on 205 Live right now? I would hope he would of been on the Main Roster right now and flourishing as a talent, but he's a really quite person and not really the charismatic type of Wrestler where he wants to command a room. He does his business on the field and he doesn't need to say a word, and I wonder would that type of shy demeanor been working for him in the WWE right now?

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    How did you like his Balloons though?

I didn't mind the Spinning Rainmaker he gotta change it up sometime. I feel that way about Omega, theirs going to be a day where someone breaks both of his legs and arms in a match and he's going to need to come up with something new then nearly killing his opponent with V-Triggers over and over.

I was thinking about the other day and yeah it's a little off-topic, but I was thinking if Ibushi would of signed long term with WWE where would be at this point in his career in the company? Would he be a bigger star than Shinsuke, or just stuck on 205 Live right now? I would hope he would of been on the Main Roster right now and flourishing as a talent, but he's a really quite person and not really the charismatic type of Wrestler where he wants to command a room. He does his business on the field and he doesn't need to say a word, and I wonder would that type of shy demeanor been working for him in the WWE right now?
    I don't like his balloons. It's like putting a new hat on the same barbie doll and trying to pass it off as a completely different barbie doll. He's back on a winning streak now so he's back to being same old Okada.

If Ibushi signed after CWC he'd be on 205 Live still where pretty much everyone from that tournament is now. The only ones that aren't are Gargano and Ciampa who were already part of the NXT roster.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Juice Robinson vs Tomohiro Ishii
    Quite an odd match up on paper. Two contrasting styles and personalities, it could’ve went entirely wrong but thankfully it didn’t. Pretty quick start with Juice wasting no time, attacking Ishii at the bell. They went at a pace where I did think it would become a 5 minute sprint but they decided to slow things down in the latter parts of the match which was fine. However it did mean the match peaked a few minutes in which was a shame. Good match though. ***½

Hirooki Goto vs Zack Sabre Jr.
    This was a good match but I feel like it should’ve been better. It felt rushed which most ZSJ’s matches have felt this G1. Very rush and no time being give to ZSJ to truly get into the swing of things. ***¼

Kota Ibushi vs Tama Tonga
    There was a balcony spot but nothing else that was really interesting. But I do love that it led into the other match. **

Toru Yano vs Kenny Omega
    Not the best comedy match I’ve seen this year but pretty funny at times. **¼

Tetsuya Naito vs SANADA
    One of the best built matches of the G1 and it delivered. It was less about a battle for the win and the battle of showing off who was more “tranquillo”. It was simple storytelling and both looked equal. One thing I did find odd was the lack of crowd heat for the match at times. There was never silence but more smatters of noise. It’s hard to explain but it there was times where they crowd was cheering heavily. It was on and off. Guess that’s what a lack of true animosity can do to a match. ***¾

-

So apparently the scenario for B Block is if (1) Naito wins or Draws against ZSJ, Ibushi is out and if Ibushi beats or draws with Omega, Naito wins. (2) If Naito loses, he is eliminated and whoever wins between Ibushi vs Omega, wins the block and advances to the finals.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Juice/Ishii. Yeah I really liked this and it set a good tone for the rest of the night at for me. I really liked the fight in Juice in this Match, listen we all know the G1 Climax has everyone pretty much wrecked physically, but I like how Juice acknowledged fuck I'm hurting so get rid of these Bandages they are holding me back. Ishii has to to be the MVP of the G1 Climax, even his so so Matches have been entertaining. Dude is a fucking terror, legit tough and is going to give all he has to the end of the Bell.

Sabre JR vs Goto.

Do I have to talk about this Match?

WC Reporter: OF course you do! How was Sabre JR vs Goto

It was better than Lana vs Zelina. The typical Sabre JR I've seen lately, nothing really impressed me it didn't have that G1 Climax feel to it all they stayed in first gear.

Ibushi vs Tonga. Oh hey a motivated Tonga gave us a good Match even with the interference with Tonga's buddies with Ibushi. That Balcony spot with Ibushi that's the DDT in him he'll jump from the Moon down to Earth if you let him. I would say though I thought this was going to be Tonga's chance to change his direction in being a viable Singles star, and has gone the other way in this G1. With the momentum they had with the Bullet Club, it should of been better of him and that's kinda sad and I'm not even a fan of his.

Yano vs Omega. Continuity!!! Yano came down like a Prancing Deer and was like HURRY REF..HURRY THE FUCK UP AND RING THE BELL! We had a Turnbuckle Pad Battle, a Suplex into Turnbuckle Pads and Yano taping Omega to other talent. Owens reaction to the Suplex on the Pad had me dying, and still I say fuck off to the interference once again.

Sanada vs Naito. A pretty good Main Event and a teaser of course than down the line that the group will break up. When these two really hate each other a Match between the two will be even better which is why I think they held back a little for a future Match.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Togi Makabe vs Michael Elgin

Big Mike and Makabe both were highly motivated here and it showed. Elgin brought out some flashy moves like the splash mountain bomb and the super kicks. Makabe was just trying to get by on his hard strikes. This was good. ***½

YOSHI-HASHI vs Hangman Page
    I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. YOSHI-HASHI some nasty looking bumps though. ***¼

Minoru Suzuki vs Bad Luck Fale
    I don't remember anything from this match. DUD

EVIL vs Jay White
    Okay match but I wish White showed more urgency and desperation to win the match since if he won, he would've won the block. It didn't really stand out from Jay White's other matches where he cheats. ***

Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Ahhhhh. They did it again!! When they announced the math went past 20 minutes I was like “what??!”. This flew by like a breeze. Tanahashi having Okada scouted every second of the match, no matter what Okada did, he couldn't get the better of Tanahashi. And the call backs, whether it was the ending of their last G1 match or the ending to their first match, they were down really well and created some dramatic moments. The near falls nearly gave me a heart attack. Okada selling was pretty awful, not that Tanahashi's was any better but the match was still fantastic. One of their best and one of the best in the G1. ****¾
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Chris Charlton is ruining NJPW for me.

Can't wait to watch the A Block finals tonight. I'm really wondering if Tanahashi vs Omega is something they might do at WK. It's certainly something I feel needs to be revisited.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Chris Charlton is ruining NJPW for me.

Can't wait to watch the A Block finals tonight. I'm really wondering if Tanahashi vs Omega is something they might do at WK. It's certainly something I feel needs to be revisited.
    Huh, why? Was listening to the Japaneses commentary. Did he annoy you or anything whilst on commentary?

And Tanahashi vs Omega isn't a match I have considered but that does sound likely.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

honestly mate he's just lame as fuck

omega vs tanahashi is a big match they haven't done in a while and I think it should have some decent hype to it. Okada's taking the NJ Cup I guess.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I know what Shake is getting at with Chris Charlton. He's not a commentator, he's a nerdy fan/historian, so he ends up talking way too much and over important part of the matches and ruining part of the drama. The odd tidbit of information is nice, but the guy is constantly forcing his interpretation of matches/spots onto commentary. AND REMEMBER WHEN HIROSHI TANAHASHI ON THE ROAD TO SHOW INVASION ATTACK 3 YEARS AGO WON A MATCH IN THE 22ND MINUTE WITH A HIGH FLY FLOW AND WE ARE NOW IN THE 22ND MINUTE IN THIS CONTEST AGAINST KAZUCHIKA OKADA, THE TENTH IN THEIR SAGA, AND HE IS CLIMBING NOW THE TURNBUCKLE --- (meanwhile Kevin Kelly screams as Tanahashi has already missed the HFF). They need to reign him in and just have him do the translations during promos.

Loved the match today, preferred it to the one earlier in the year and it was for sure both mens best match in the tournament I felt. The only downside for me is they telegraphed the time limit draw too much once switchblade lost. I really don't know what the point of having Switchblade lose because they gave up a good story of Switchblade needing Okada not to lose, and playing up more of the Chaos civil war storyline.

Can't look past Naito tomorrow.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

You guys listen to the English Commentating Crew woah, I listen to the NJPW Crew personally. I've just gotten used to listening to so much Japanese over the years it's normal for me. The other day I called my Dad idiot in Japanese which is baka

Elgin vs Makabe. A very nice Hoss sprint of a Match to where both guys loved beating each other with their power. I'm shocked Makabe got the win here, with Elgin youth, speed and everything skill wise he had more trouble with Makabe that I thought he would have in their Match oh well.

Page vs Hashi. Hashi was really motivated in this one with Page and with that back and forth between the two the Match came off really strong for me. Hashi thought taking the hits and keep fighting that's how you win over the crowd.

Suzuki vs Fale.

I really hate th Guerrillas of Destiny at this point and it was the straw that broke the Camel's back for me from this Match. Like we don't give a shit about this guys right now, let him sit in the back and stir fuck man.

White vs EVIL. I laughed so hard the way it ended with White even with his tricks not getting the win over EVIL. Apparently EVIL watched the tape on Jay White and once those tricks weren't getting the job done White was bound to lose. White was up and down with EVIL in this Match I'm glad the right man got the win in this one.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi. 30 mins of greatness between two top tier talent and I expected nothing less than that greatness. Both guys gave me the impression that what they were fighting for was important to them and when say oh Wrestling is fake well watch this and you tell me you can't feel in awe in what those two were fighting for in the G1 Climax Match. I loved not only the call backs to their previous matches, but the fact that they beautifully teased Tanahashi losing again by costing himself by continually going for high fly flow, which has been his downfall so many times, because he just can’t help himself but to go back to what brought him all of his success, but in many ways, it’s caused him almost as many failures. Redemption story for the Ace this year I'm starting to feel it.

Guys Ibushi vs Omega and Naito vs Sabre JR are going to kill us all. Ibushi vs Omega is going to be emotional as hell to watch and it could go to a draw and Naito vs Sabre decides who wins the Block right?

Real Women of Genius

The EST of WC

Status

Right I pretty much zoned out after day 7 (Just didn't have the time to really keep up to date with it) but i've seen the block standings and such so know whats going on. Is there any matches in particular that's worth checking out since then?

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Ishii Vs Ibushi - Day 10
    Ishii Vs Omega- Day 14
    Okada Vs Tanahashi - Day 17

are the three must watches imo CGS, like the best of the tournament contenders. I'd also watch Ibushi/Naito on Day 14 and Juice/Ishii on Day 16 if you have the time.

I always watched with Japanese commentary until recently HoHo when I thought Kevin/Rocky were doing a really good job and giving me good information that I'd be missing otherwise, but Chris Charlton is ruining that for me at the moment. Might go with Japanese today.

Status

Ed's got it. Charlton comes across like a fan they just picked to sit at the table with what he's saying. He's just such a fanboy mark that it's throwing me off. I checked out english comms for Rocky too. Charlton has a lot of information to share but he's pushing himself too much onto the product and it's hurting my enjoyment of it.

Tanahashi vs Okada was amazing but I expect nothing less. I have enjoyed Okada's story recently and I feel like the fact he couldn't beat Tanahashi here should not be overlooked. Tana's still got something to give but Okada's still not over the hump now. I'm very interested in where both are going from here. Jay Howaito will be challenging for the briefcase if Tana wins the tournament. That'll not please Okada I am sure.

I don't know what's happening today but looking forward to finding out. Maybe they're going to do Omega/Naito at the Dome. But I would still like Omega/Tana or Omega/Ibushi. Might have Ibushi challenge for briefcase if Naito wins the tournament.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information