can hit higher highs than Goto and Juice. I've no doubt Goto and
    Juice will be more consistent and Naito will hit lower lows, but I'm
    not sure they will wow me. I don't remember a single G1 match Goto
    had last year, and Juice was good but I don't know if any of his
    matches cracked my top 100. Naito Vs Ibushi, Tanahashi and Omega sure
    did.

Besides, I never said 'top tier', re-read my post, I said 'capable of
    great matches'.......how's that controversial? surely you don't think
    Naito is incapable of having a great match on his day.
    Just for fun I have my rankings from last year.

Juice: (10th in star rating average/9th in PTR)
    Spoiler:

vs. Kojima: ***3/4
    vs. EVIL: ****
    vs. Suzuki: ***1/4
    vs. Tonga: ***1/4
    vs. Okada: ***1/2
    vs. SANADA: ***1/4
    vs. Omega: ****
    vs. Yano: *1/2
    vs. Elgin: ***1/2

Goto: (6th in star ratings/8th in PTR)
    Spoiler:

vs. Ishii: ****
    vs. Nagata: ****1/4
    vs. Makabe: ***1/2
    vs. Tana: ****
    vs. ZSJ: ***1/2
    vs. Naito: **3/4
    vs. YOSHI-HASHI: ***1/4
    vs. Fale: **3/4
    vs. Ibushi: ***3/4

Naito: (9th in star ratings/6th in PTR)
    Spoiler:

vs. Ibushi: ****1/2
    vs. YH: ***1/2
    vs. Fale: *1/2
    vs. Nagata: ***1/2
    vs. Ishii: ****
    vs. Goto: **3/4
    vs. ZSJ: ***3/4
    vs. Makabe: **1/2
    vs. Tana: ****1/4
    vs. Omega: ****1/4

Don't have a problem with saying Naito had the best match with Tana/Naito & Naito/Ibushi being up there and even the Goto matches are littered with ones that are not memorable because how many similar quality Ishii/Tana matches have we seen? (Do think you slept on the Nagata match though, that just ruled. Nagata will be missed.). But I, & I think many others would agree that Goto vs. Suzuki was better than anything Naito did in G1 or his career. I'm down on Naito right now for sure but I do think he'll deliver a couple of big matches. I just saw you separating Juice & Goto as "heating up this time of year" and don't understand that because they've both been much better than Naito (and others) all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Of Shake View Post
    Okada winning I agree on.

Naito is a top tier worker because he actually makes people give a fuck about him unlike one Aramusha stereotypical LONE SAMURAI Jap weeb gimmick Hirooki Goto. If you think Goto is a better worker than Naito then soz. Goto ocant' make anyone care about him other than the nerds who ar ein love wiht the fallen/lone samurai gimmick that really fails to hit home wiht any sort of fanbase other than weeb fantasticos. Nobody in Japan gives a fuck about this samurai bullshit because its overdone and, quite frankly, does not inspire anyone.

You can tell you were drunk when you posted this because I didn't say anything about who was more popular, his gimmicks, weebs, or whatever else you're ranting about. I said Goto & Juice had much better match resumes in 2018 which they do. You could argue Naito hasn't had a single good performance this year. (I loved the Dome match and mostly because of him) The Naito/Suzuki in contrast was absolutely awful. If you want to go there though, Goto was the most over guy in NJPW as Aramusha while Naito was slumming in TNA. Just the other day MC and I were talking about how big his reaction was in his first match against Tana was and how he had to heel even in 2007 so you should probably just calm down because the gimmick's fine. If anything Western fans are the ones who don't get it. Oh also as far Naito, you know who else doesn't think he's that great? The booker. When Gedo said that he went with Okada because Naito would have cooled off if he had won the title. (ridiculous, but still. They said that same crap about Goto too 10 years prior) And what of Juice? Funny how you never mentioned him because your obsession with burying Goto is goofy af. We get it. You don't like him. But you don't have to go nuts about it into every conversation about him, jeez...but that said, Juice has had a solid year. I expect him to have a better overall G1 than Naito and I can't stop you or Ed from expecting a big match from him but as a wrestler, Naito's comfortably 7th in his Block at best & his character is ice cold from a booking standpoint. I'm not buying him in-ring THIS year. Maybe he'll step up. He's capable. Maybe he's thrown in the towel because of booking and will come alive the last two nights. I don't know. But in-ring he hasn't been up to par.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: G1 Climax 28

I like Goto's gimmick.........

I don't think it's controversial to say Hirooki Goto and Juice Robinson have better 2018 as far as match quality is concerned. When given the chance, they've almost always delivered whereas Naito has been more hit and miss. You could argue it's because of the people Naito has been facing but I'd argue that the Taichi match was far better than the Minoru Suzuki match. So you can't say it's entirely on that. Like Ed said, Naito has had higher lows (but Goto/Suzuki was on par with Naito's best match this year imo), but Juice and moreso Goto have consistently been at a higher level in 2018.

-------
    Just a quick prediction. With Okada's first two matches in the G1 being Jay White & Bad Luck Fale, I think they will have Okada lose to both men. Bad Luck Fale always gets a big win over the top guys in the G1 and I feel like they need Jay White to win for that CHAOS storyline to work to full effect. Allowing Okada to make that presumed comeback in the tournament and go to the finals.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I think many others would agree that Goto vs. Suzuki was better than anything Naito did in G1 or his career.

ooff that's big. I really enjoyed Goto/Suzuki, but i'd say the dome Tanahashi match and the G1 Finals against Omega were better.

I just saw you separating Juice & Goto as "heating up this time of year" and don't understand that because they've both been much better than Naito (and others) all year.
    Because G1 is there time to shine to have the best matches of their year. Juice is stuck in tag matches for most of the year and takes no interesting indy dates while Goto's been given shit as opponents in the NEVER title run like Elgin, Taichi and beer city bruiser. A G1 however there's no escape from the opportunity to showcase your talents and have some fucking great matches. Compared to the other five guys, Zack is #1 in the world and has great opportunities every weekend, Omega has big singles matches throughout the year, the same thing goes for Naito, Ibushi has the ability to make any match fantastic and memorable so he's usually great throughout the year too and Ishii has his Rev Pro title run and ROH dates to impress too.

I have however totally forgotten the Juice/Tanahashi from the cup.

Anyway, it wasn't a comment on their performance levels, it was a comment on this is usually their time to shine.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Ooh I actually have to admit I forgot about the Tana/Naito match. That was great, I actually liked the Dominion match even more. That might be better. I'll take the L on the Naito/Tana series. Would prefer Goto/Suzuki over Naito/Kenny though.

-

I just wish they'd let Goto/Elgin have a straight match. That was fantastic until the Taichi/Cobb stuff. I think Goto/Cobb is a sleeper match next month because there shouldn't be any interference. Goto/Juice was a rock solid match too I thought earlier in the year.

I feel you on your overall point. But I just want to add on as much as we point to it for Juice's sake, you mentioned Ibushi making everything great but don't forget who's had better matches with Beer City Bruiser & Yujiro than Goto & Juice? Think they'd be two of my top picks for "guys who make bad wrestlers look better" on the roster for different reasons.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

BTB Legend

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohamed Salah View Post
    Funny thing, Ego. You're wrong about Gedo not doing short title reigns.
    OK, then I’ll rephrase myself to make a less humorous statement. Gedo usually doesn’t go for what I would call short-term transitional title reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohamed Salah View Post
    Besides Okada who needs the title because he isn't talented enough to stand out on his own...
    Last edited by EgoFantastico; 06-23-2018 at 07:12 AM.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Re: Reply

Quote Originally Posted by EgoFantastico View Post
    OK, then I’ll rephrase myself to make a less humorous statement. Gedo usually doesn’t go for what I would call short-term transitional title reigns.

What do you call title reigns with 1 title defense reigns? The AJ reign was bloated by G1 (similar to Omega in theory if he lost), Tana was because they wanted Tana to beat Okada at the Dome & AJ's a gaijin, Naito...that title reign was pointless on a lot of levels. Short term transitional reigns.

Okada's never been a complete worker & never will be for reasons I have said dozens of times over the last 5 years. You are the type of fan that Dome match with Omega where they wasted 25 minutes of stuff that was boring as hell & added nothing to the match to get to a hot finishing stretch. Okada & Omega are "moments" workers, matches built around singular spots & moments, not full matches like the all time greats had as well as the best today.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Good way to set up the matches tomorrow. Okada dyeing his hair red is an interesting choice. I like it. Bad Luck Fale has lost weight in the past few months and he looks great here, I would expect him to get a few big wins. Both EVIL and SANADA are portraying tension with Naito. SANADA referred Naito as "the other guy". Yano promising to play it straight this year with his superior amateur wrestling skills.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Aw man no Okada corpsing during Yano's press conference this year.

This was fun for gifs again as usual. Fale does look in better shape and looks good for 8-10 points this year.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Just finished this and I'm going to take a huge power nap after work tomorrow get me set for Night One of the G1 Climax.

Oh I saw you Naito sleeping again my friend, I can't blame the guy I would stand up and stand by a Tree and take a Nap if I could after this week.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Yoshi-Hashi delivers in a G1 opening match again. That was pretty good for a Togi Makabe match.

I'm 1 for 1 in my VOW pick ems, celebrating my 100% record while I can I have Okada going over Ibushi in the finals for what it's worth.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The undercard wasn't much but it did get over ZSJ's pinning finisher, the Michinoku Driver which will be very important I'm sure when his time in the G1 comes.

Togi Makabe vs YOSHI-HASHI
    Perhaps not the best match on paper but they had a kick ass match IMO. Back and forth with some well timed no sell a German spots by YOSHI-HASHI. YOSHI-HASHI and Makabe had good chemistry and the crowd was into it. Very aggressive and set the tone for the rest of the G1. ***¾

Hangman Page vs Bad Luck Fale
    DQ? In New Japan? Nooooo. That's a decision I never thought would be done. The match was fine. Better than I expected. Page does better in the role where he sells rather than does offence. **½

Michael Elgin vs EVIL
    Pretty good match apart from a few criticisms. Two big beefy men running into each other was very fun to watch. EVIL’s counters to Elgin were great and almost getting him with Everything is Evil at the end. Elgin was good too, he need to probably tone down some of the power moves he does when he has his arm worked over earlier in the match including running into the post with the arm but other than that, all good. Elgin of to a hot start.***¾

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki
    Suzuki vs Tanahashi was the perfect example of a G1 match. Great displays of urgency and desperation shown. Even more so considering their last match went over 30 minutes and neither wanted a draw here. Both trying to finish each other off early. Suzuki going for the quick submission, trying anything to tap out and Tanahashi desperately trying to block it. A great example of a G1 match. ****

Kazuchika Okada vs Jay White
    This was a real smartly worked match. Jay White being a master manipulator, baiting Okada into hitting moves too early and taking advantage. Okada not seeming focused and White taking control as a result. A great ref bump that looked like it would knock out someone as well, protecting the Rainmaker which they should do more often. Was it the most exciting? No but it told a great story and put the things needed over. ***¾

3,907 fans for Day One as well. Hope it stays the same throughout.

Points after Day One:

Spoiler:

Block A
    Hiroshi Tanahashi - 2
    Togi Makabe - 2
    Michael Elgin - 2
    Kazuchika Okada - 0
    Jay White - 2
    YOSHI-HASHI - 0
    Bad Luck Fale -0
    Hangman Page - 2
    EVIL - 0
    Minoru Suzuki - 0
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Yoshi Hashi Vs Makabe very good like I said earlier. Tacos always looks good at the start of a tournament before viewer fatigue sets in and I can't watch anything but top matches towards the end. I doubt there will be many better Makabe matches than this in the tournament.

I skipped Fale/Page, and hearing it was an 8 minute DQ is not gonna convince me to watch it.

EVIL/Elgin is probably a match I would of loved if I could still connect with Elgin matches but these days I'm just overly critical of him, he's doing too much in his closing stretch and he pretty much stopped selling his arm.

I thought Suzuki/Tanahashi was the clear match of the night. I wasn't a huge fan of their New Beginning match because it just dragged on and on; I thought this one was a lot tighter and didn't overstay it's welcome on the mat. Suzuki as relentless as ever going for the knee as we all would of expected, but then the match flipped on it's head when the inverted dragon screw seemed to pop Suzuki's knee cap. Thought Suzuki was tremendous in how he sold that, rarely do we hear him scream in pain like that. Tanahashi didn't come into the tournament with an injury, but he certainly leaves night 1 with the injury that will bleed into future matches throughout the next month.

I liked a lot of Switchblade/Okada and it's certainly better than Jay's matches with former IWGP champions in Tanahashi and Omega, but it wasn't as great as the Juice match from last weekend. I thought they started off very well with the teases of the finishers off the handshake offer and dickhead Okada coming out to play with a head pat. I got a kick out of the guardrail spots and commentators asking if everyone was ok behind the rails! The ref bump was pretty inventive with the loose arm hitting red shoes while spinning in the rainmaker. I kinda wish that they then didn't go straight to blatant cheating with the lowblow and chairshots so that the ref bump could of been more of a story, did Jay mean to take out the ref like that, but I suppose we're all in on the Jay and Okada at war storyline now so it doesn't really matter. This should of felt like more of a surprise, but I think everyone can see through Gedo's predictable tournament booking of handing top stars early defeats so they can have late rallys. I'm very confident that Naito is beating Omega tomorrow.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Having another stable war feels contesting to be honest but most of Okada/White was good. Ehite’s finally getting somewhere as Seitchblade.

I actually liked what MC said about Suzuki/Tanahashi. Terrific match with a good sense of urgency and drama. Those two are great together.

Also liked Makabe/Hashi and skipped Fale/Page
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I've never been a fan of either Hashi or Makabe at all, but after their Match from Day 1 I might turn the corner with them. This was a very good Match to kick things off for the G1 Climax, with Hashi upgrading his look and looking like a legit Champion out there with Makabe. I was kinda bummed to see Makabe get the win here, and I thought it would go the other way after Hashi showed that fighting spirit, but it wasn't enough to get those valuable points.

Fale vs Page. Even with the antics involving with both groups at odds, Page and Fale did their thing and had a solid Match. Now I would request Fale never be in a G1 Climax again, because he's taking up a spot for someone else more deserving like the injure Hiromu than that oaf of a Man. It's no shocked to see all this happening between the groups, because when Cody and Kenny first started beefing their was a moment, where they were going to fight in the Locker Room in a Being a Elite Episode. Tonga when that moment happened didn't try to break up a thing between them, he just sat there quiet as a Mouse waiting for his moment to strike and take them both out and here we are.

Elgin vs EVIL. Another Matchup going in I was like okay let's get this over with, so I don't have to suffer to watch it when the Tournament is getting to nitty gritty. Man I was so wrong with this, truly a hard hitting hoss battle with two guys doing whatever they felt like doing to each other. I do find it funny EVIL who went away from working on the Arm of Elgin at one point, still not being able to out strength or beat Elgin to the punch. When that happens pretty much just to have to throw up the White Flag at that point. EVIL is a cool name to put on a T-Shirt, but it out classed when it mattered in this one.

Tanahashi vs Suzuki. If Suzuki wanted a Leg that badly, he should of just of went to Popeyes and get the Lunch Special. Suzuki put in some serious work on Tanahashi playing really well back to their January match between each other. Tanahashi always is a Champ when he needs to come back in Matches and this Match was no different for him to earn a hard fought when over Suzuki. The moment will never get to these two guys in the ring and if you wanna learn how to wrestle just watch this Match and you'll learn loads of things day one.

White vs Okada. A win is a fucking win and it got it under of course shady terms vs Okada and good on him for that. He said in the Press Conference he would do anything, to win and be the Last Man Standing in the G1 Climax. I thought at one moment White was going to be taken to the Woodshed, but White is smarter than the average Bear and it showed when it needed to use that intelligence.

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

HoHo, Hiromu's a junior, injured and would take years to build up to a G1 participation due to his size compared to the others. Fale isn't the best but he's there because his role is to take points from certain guys.

My thoughts on the matches are pretty much the same as everyone else's. I'm guessing the Jay Howaito/Okada stuff will carry over to KOPW where he challenges for the briefcase. Depends if Okada wins - but seems most likely given Naito should probably beat Omega and set up a match at KOPW too.

I wonder how much Shibata's injury has screwed around with booking. This G1 should have been his.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    HoHo, Hiromu's a junior, injured and would take years to build up to a G1 participation due to his size compared to the others. Fale isn't the best but he's there because his role is to take points from certain guys.

My thoughts on the matches are pretty much the same as everyone else's. I'm guessing the Jay Howaito/Okada stuff will carry over to KOPW where he challenges for the briefcase. Depends if Okada wins - but seems most likely given Naito should probably beat Omega and set up a match at KOPW too.

I wonder how much Shibata's injury has screwed around with booking. This G1 should have been his.
    Yeah I know that Shake, but you get what I saying with him no more of Fale in the G1 Climax pretty please with Cherry on top. I agree I just saw a gif of the Ace calling Shibata senpai and it's breaking my heart.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Everyone's going on about how Fale's slimmed down, good for him. I don't care, he's one of my least favourite guys in every G1 I've watched since 2013. I'd love to see him get replaced but it's not happening for a long time unless he's injured.

Shibata

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Tomohiro Ishii vs Toru Yano
    The first match of the new Yano was a success for me. Playing it straight whilst fighting his instincts to cheat was pretty fun to watch. Having some forearm exchanges with Ishii and winning at one point. Ishii turning the tables on him was pretty funny as well. Very enjoyable match. ***¼

Juice Robinson vs Tama Tonga
    This was pretty dull for the most part. Not much heat for the match and it way too long for me. I know they are trying to get Tama over for this BC feud but it's not working at the moment. I did like the hand work by Tama Tonga and the ending was good but everything else was not good. **

Hirooki Goto vs SANADA
    This was an excellent match IMO. Both working on each others necks for each others finishers. Always struggling for positions, making it look like a fight. Loads of great reversals at the end, again never stopping. Always trying to get out of moves. Great ending sequence. Loved it. Both are highly underrated in my opinion and hopefully this match will change that. ****¼

Kota Ibushi vs Zack Sabre Jr.
    I like the match but I can't help but feel unfulfilled by it. There was nothing specifically wrong with the match but I never felt like Sabre took his time with the submissions. Every time he put one on, he change it almost instantly and I could never fall for the drama of the holds. But the submission visually looked great and vicious though. Ibushi was good too but again, I wasn't fully into what he did. Very underwhelming which is unfortunate because their last matches were tremendous. ***¼

Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito
    I think this is the first Naito performance that I enjoyed since Wrestle Kingdom. He looked motivated and went out to make this a good match. It certainly was. I think Omega slightly over spammed the V-Triggers but he picked his spots well, mostly using it to attack the back/neck of Naito so I'm fine with that. They had a slow start but it picked up soon enough when they hit some brutal bombs on each other. It wasn't as good as their other matches but still a great match. Good start to the G1 on the opening few days. ****

Block Standings After Day Two:

Spoiler:

Block A
    Hiroshi Tanahashi - 2
    Togi Makabe - 2
    Michael Elgin - 2
    Kazuchika Okada - 0
    Jay White - 2
    YOSHI-HASHI - 0
    Bad Luck Fale -0
    Hangman Page - 2
    EVIL - 0
    Minoru Suzuki - 0

Block B
    Juice Robinson - 0
    Hirooki Goto - 2
    Tomohiro Ishii - 2
    Toru Yano - 0
    Kenny Omega - 2
    Kota Ibushi - 2
    Tama Tonga - 2
    Tetsuya Naito - 0
    SANADA - 0
    Zack Sabre Jr. - 0
    Last edited by MC 16; 07-15-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Ishii Vs Yano was maybe my favourite Yano singles match in forever. I really got a kick out of Yano wrestling the majority of the match fair, not because he's good at it, but because it shows the respect he has for his stable mate and in a 9 match tournament, I appreciate it when wrestlers can change things up depending on the situation. The twist of Ishii beating Yano with the low blow popped me. Ishii is undefeated~ Ishii all the wayyyy~

Tama Vs Juice was utter shit. I don't care how much bullet club marks are into it, I don't care how many times he says fuck in his promos, Tama Tonga cannot wrestle to the standard required of him to be in a G1, let alone a push that has him feuding with the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. If you can't get heat in a match where there's interference to beat a popular babyface champion, give it up Gedo, it's not happening. Who is set for 8 more versions of this?

Sanada Vs Goto I enjoyed. It's a nice start to the tournament for both men who I think will have better matches against the top workers in their block. The closing stretch was really strong and I like how the skull end can come out of anywhere.

I'm in agreement with MC 16 about Zack and Kota, although I wouldn't rate it quite as low as he did. There was something off about the match, it's easily my least favourite match I've seen them wrestle together. There were a few sloppy moments in the match as Zack was going for his unusual pin sequences and there was an ugly mess up right in the ropes at one stage. It felt like the first time they had ever wrestled each other and the styles were clashly in the wrong way. It's not a bad match, it's pretty good, but to see people rating this on par with the main event is baffling to me because there were clear flaws.

Naito Vs Omega is your textbook G1, steal the headlines great match. I wasn't as good as their last match in the final, but there was a lot about it I enjoyed. It was good to see Naito back wrestling an important match again, it's undeniable his year has been directionless since he lost in the Dome. I enjoyed their interactions at the start, mocking their poses and the action was solid up until the first finisher. The final 5 minutes were breathless and when I saw how many Destinos were being used I started to groan, but I got a kick out of the new ways Omega avoided them. Omega winning was a real shock to me, not only does that mean someone else now has to get the pin on Omega to set up a title match (Kota I guess), but Naito now would probably have to win the G1 to stand any chance of getting into the dome main event. Long story short, I'm now doubting my Okada/Ibushi final prediction.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Ishii vs Yano. Where was this Yano that I saw in this highly competitive Match he had with Ishii from Day 2? Like he played straight arrow a good majority of the Match, and he was looking strong as fuck taking in whatever Ishii wanted to dish out at him. Who would of thought Ishii of all guys, a MAN'S...MAN would cheat to beat Yano you gotta love it.

Tama vs Juice. No shock to see that ended and how it was structured, because of the Civil War going on with Bullet Clut. They need to try to convince people Tama is a legit threat to Omega and his IWGP World Title for people to care when those two lock up. I like Tama overall, but I don't think he's hot shit like he thinks about himself. It sucks for Juice though the guy just won the IWGP US Title recently and now he's taking L's versus a guy he shouldn't be taking Ls from right now with the place he is in for NJPW right now.

Goto vs Sanada. This was one hell of a battle for me and up to this point my favorite of G1 Climax Matches from this day. Sanada seemed to have the perfect battle plan, having Goto scouted very well and Goto had to change it up to get the much needed points. Can we say no one does it better when it comes to the Dragon Sleeper? The way he locks it in feels like he's legit putting the guy to sleep and it was the same in this Match as well. I thought Sanada was going to get the win with that roll up he got in, with Goto doing his Ginyu Force poses all the time before unleashing a Move he needs to be burned one day for doing that. No troubles Sanada you had a great performance in a loss, I see you one day winning the G1 Climax over Naito book it people.

Ibushi vs Sabre JR. It gives me so much pleasure to see Ibushi get the win here in a great battle of styles of Wrestling in this Match. Styles makes Matches I like how these two came off after this one. When you're going to be in a Match with Sabre JR it's a mental and physical battle that very can handle throughout the Match and Ibushi was able to take in all that pain to get the win. I love how of course Sabre is going to go into his dick mode thing where he's kicking your across the Shoulders or slapping you across the face and theirs a moment where Ibushi looked at him and had enough of that and dropped his ass. Ibushi ain't taking no prisoners this year fellas and I hope he does reach the finals and win it all.

Omega vs Naito. What better way to start off this Match with both guys using each other's Poses I'm I right? Man these two guys are magic with each other and it showed as the Match kept progressing. I was a little shocked to see Omega get the win here, but after the loss he took from Naito last year it made sense NJPW would want to see hi avenge his loss and get a win. I thought Naito had it in the bag at one point and then Omega unleashed one of ugliest Tombstone I've ever seen it looked sick. From there Omega just had to weather the last efforts of Naito to get the win, but Matches like this early on could effect them later in the game if you get my drift.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information