Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NXT TakeOver: Chicago - June 16, 2018 - Card & Discussion

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: NXT TakeOver: Chicago - June 16, 2018 - Card & Discussion

people who still act like cole isnt that good anymore are weird and the undisputed era act is great

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Black Mass

Status
      Country                    United States

I honestly didn't know Cole had any haters.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

I like the act, O’Reilly, Strong and Fish all rule. I like Cole’s character work but he always seems to me as a very boring wrestler who never brings anything exciting to the table. I feel if he didn’t have the look and the personality he wouldn’t have gotten this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The Undisputed act is great but c’mon guys. He had the most dull Oney match. Who has a dull match with Oney? He’s not a complete performer.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

I'm just tired of Cole in general. The rest of Undisputed Era are entertaining to me and always does something to keep the interest, Cole fails to do that. He has a legion of fans, but Cole just ain't for me. Not anymore.
    Spoiler:

Status

I don't hate Cole but he definitely doesn't get me to pop enough for an ADAM COLE BAYBAY. Good talker but hasn't once blown me away in the ring, I'm totally happy with letting O'Reilly and Strong do the heavy lifting there for Undisputed Era.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

Yes O’Reilly and Strong are amazing in ring and having Cole there just completes the package he’s loud brash and I do pop for the ADAM COLE BAY BAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Nicky View Post
    Yeah I feel like it should be obvious Dream’s not supposed to be able to do everything that Ricochet can do better than Ricochet.

Even with a few hiccups I thought they both looked great. I thought that was a top three Ricochet performance and Dream is just so good with the psychology. His trash talking was on point.

I do agree with Booty though about his face haha.

EDIT: I also think most people don’t like Adam Cole’s in ring work because it feels very same-y and mediocre. There’s no denying he’s a great personality and talker.
    Im not expecting Dream to do moves better than Ricochet. I just felt he dragged the match down in the early part of the match. He got better as it went along. But in the beginning he seemed sluggish. I only have seen two with him in it and one was the ladder match and this one. Im just not that impressed. Though his mic work in the video package seemed good. His trash talk was ok. The whole you belong in a bingo hall is over done at ths point. The anti independent wrestler gimmick is kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Yes O’Reilly and Strong are amazing in ring and having Cole there just completes the package he’s loud brash and I do pop for the ADAM COLE BAY BAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I pop for it too. Adam Cole has tons of potential and has had it for over a decade.
    Last edited by indyfan; Yesterday at 06:08 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Demon Bunny

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wahbi Silkhazri View Post
    I don't hate Cole but he definitely doesn't get me to pop enough for an ADAM COLE BAYBAY. Good talker but hasn't once blown me away in the ring, I'm totally happy with letting O'Reilly and Strong do the heavy lifting there for Undisputed Era.
    Kyle O'Reilly is starting to shine for them but, my fav is Roddy for era

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Im not expecting Dream to do moves better than Ricochet. I just felt he dragged the match down in the early part of the match. He got better as it went along. But in the beginning he seemed sluggish. I only have seen two with him in it and one was the ladder match and this one. Im just not that impressed. Though his mic work in the video package seemed good. His trash talk was ok. The whole you belong in a bingo hall is over done at ths point. The anti independent wrestler gimmick is kinda lame.

I pop for it too. Adam Cole has tons of potential and has had it for over a decade.

Yeah but the anti independent character still a prominent character because it’s never going to go away as a stigma and it works for homegrown talent. It’s easy but it’s effective as lame as it seems.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Tag titles match - Best tag match of the year unless I'm forgetting something really obvious. Oney and Danny were booed during their entrance because Chicago is a smark city, but by the end of the match their hard work had turned the crowd to where they liked and respected them. Thought the breakup of the two submissions at the end of the match was incredible where Kyle (I think) was still stuck in his submission but managed to kick Roddy free to break everything up. On a night where a lot of people had to make their opportunities count, Oney and Burch took their opportunity to perfection and will now either have a good standing in NXT's tag division, or make their way to 205 Live in the future.

Dream/Ricochet - Loved it. Not just here, but I'm seeing a lot of people point out Dream isn't on Ricochet's level of fluid, effortless in-ring ability and somehow that hurt the match. I thought it told a fantastic story (and an intentional one at that). Dream is delusional in how he views his abilities and thinks he's better than arguably the best high flyer in the world; Dream has the balls to attempt to show up Ricochet at high flying, but he's not skilled enough to really achieve it and his own delusion cost him the match. The match served not only to prove Dream is one of the best storytellers in wrestling AT 22 YEARS OLD, but by showing how much smoother Ricochet is at pulling off the moves Dream can't, it makes Ricochet look even more like a superstar/superhero to his new audience.

An amazing first hour.

Shayna/Cross
    - The obvious low point of the night. I love Nikki and the character work she does, but they went all in on the crazy chick character last night and I thought it was to the detriment of the match. I've never come away from any previous Nikki match thinking she needs to tone this down, but last night she seemed to be more OTT in everything she was doing. I think they may of gone down the storytelling road with this one because they know Shayna isn't good enough to have the type of title matches we were seeing last year

Black/Sullivan - About as unfortunate as botches get. Not only did it outdo all of Lars' solid work in the match up to that point by highlighting yeah he is green by bumping for a finisher he knows didn't land, but it also to my knowledge was the first time the Black Mass had been 'kicked out of' so to speak, so it ruined a moment that had been built up to since April 2017. Everything else was very good, I thought they kept it to the quick paced slug fest I was hoping for and the stuff with the knee and the stretch muffler completely off the ground were top notch. The last flurry of offence from Black was great too. But yeah, fuck that botch. Doesn't matter if it's harsh criticism, it did ruin the match.

Ciampa/Gargano - I don't want to rag on a match that I still thought was great, but after watching NOLA I was convinced I had just seen a match of the decade contender, and I seriously don't think this is the MOTN given the strength of that first hour. I unfortunately did know the result before I watched this, which is going to take some excitement away, but my criticisms are still valid. The NOLA match felt like a perfect blend of storytelling, brilliant in ring action and a hate filled feud reaching a crescendo, this felt like great storytelling meets a good but drawn out street fight with an overbooked finish. I mean Ciampa had Gargano's neck in a chair and smashed it into the steps and later exposed the wooden floor in the ring in career threatening parts and the suit agents do nothing, and then when Gargano's on the rampage at the end, the agents are trying to end the match because NOW it's gone too far. Like Mark pointed out, Ciampa was on the stretcher moments earlier, then gets handcuffed, then is forced to tap out, then gets superkicked to death and then he can walk out of the arena minutes later after scoring a fluke pin. Lets have some consistency here, if this was Omega kneeing Okada six times in a row and then Okada hits the rainmaker and just wins there would be people that would fucking hate that type of finish that are praising this one. New Japan marks would try and validate it with 'it works in the context of the story they were telling' too and the arc of Kenny Omega's journey as a character. Oh and the plant fan with the hidden stop sign in the Johnny sign like it was a file in a cake for a prisoner was a ridiculous injection of humour in a serious street fight No avengers reference is gonna save that one from looking stupid. idk, NOLA felt a lot more genuine and a true epic match to pause this feud on whereas this one was more shoehorning in predictable callback references, felt longer than the first even though it was shorter and constructing a finish that would lead to a 3rd match.

The way they've ended it means there has to be a third match and I was already tired of their weekly episodes build to this match so god knows what I'll make of the next 2 months of TV, I mean literally where do they go next after these two brutal matches, career threatening attacks, attacks on Johnny's wife, Johnny being fired etc etc

Still a very good Takeover, the safest bet in wrestling is these delivering.
    Last edited by ZinEdine Zidane; Yesterday at 07:11 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Dook View Post
    people who still act like cole isnt that good anymore are weird and the undisputed era act is great
    His performances alone at Takeovers this year should prove that, but you can’t win em all.

I enjoyed this Takeover obviously, but I can’t say it’s better than NOLA or Philadelphia as far as the year goes.

The tag match was great. Velveteen And Richochet were great. The women’s division is garbage if this is the best they could do (and I love Nikki Cross). Aleister continuing to be incredible. Gargano/Ciampa should have ended at NOLA, but they booked themselves into a corner with that one because where would they even go with them at this point. The match was still good, but for me, the best part of the one at NOLA was the emotion of it all. It was a year build, and Johnny finally got his retribution, and his job back. You can’t replicate that. I sobbed like a baby after NOLA. Still a terrific match, though. They have amazing chemistry. Just feel like there’s no where else to go after they wrap it up, other than Johnny maybe winning the NXT title.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

On Kayla’s point on Gargano winning the title, I can totally see it going down that road in order to find a moment that will feel sweeter than the NOLA win, and my big concern is that for it to mean the most, Gargano will have to win the title from Ciampa so they might hold off a 3rd match until Ciampa beats Black. Either that means Ciampa wins the title at Brooklyn or on TV who knows but I’m starting to get worried Black’s Reign will be further effected by the Ciampa/Gargano feud.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    On Kayla’s point on Gargano winning the title, I can totally see it going down that road in order to find a moment that will feel sweeter than the NOLA win, and my big concern is that for it to mean the most, Gargano will have to win the title from Ciampa so they might hold off a 3rd match until Ciampa beats Black. Either that means Ciampa wins the title at Brooklyn or on TV who knows but I’m starting to get worried Black’s Reign will be further effected by the Ciampa/Gargano feud.
    Aleister has already been completely overshadowed by it. I could not believe he didn’t main event! He’s the champion! I get why the title match didn’t main event at Nola because it went with the story of an unsanctioned match and that couldn’t take place right in the middle of the show.

But doing it again just grated me. Aleister is quietly putting together an amazing string of matches, is NXT champion, and is getting put with Lars fucking Sullivan and not main eventing. Atrocious imo.

Status

Friendly reminder that the NXT Title has several times not been the main event. NXT historically books their hottest program there and not necessarily the title match.

Sent from the Panthermobile

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Also, Lars/Black was good but not on the level of 3 other matches on the show. Remember the era of Nakamura where the main event was usually the worst match on the card? I really don't miss that. I like ending the PPVs on a high not a low (though it was a good ass match). Of course, this also benefits from hindsight of the botch.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Also, Lars/Black was good but not on the level of 3 other matches on the show. Remember the era of Nakamura where the main event was usually the worst match on the card? I really don't miss that. I like ending the PPVs on a high not a low (though it was a good ass match). Of course, this also benefits from hindsight of the botch.
    I was gonna say the same thing. I’d rather had these good matches in the position they were in than compared to those boring Roode/Nakamura defenses.
    -------
    Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    Aleister has already been completely overshadowed by it. I could not believe he didn’t main event! He’s the champion! I get why the title match didn’t main event at Nola because it went with the story of an unsanctioned match and that couldn’t take place right in the middle of the show.

But doing it again just grated me. Aleister is quietly putting together an amazing string of matches, is NXT champion, and is getting put with Lars fucking Sullivan and not main eventing. Atrocious imo.

Black certainly doesn't get enough credit for the matches he's having, look at this run of Takeover performances

Takeover Brooklyn 3 - Black Vs Itami - Hideo Itami's best singles match (in NXT, calm down Zero)
    Takeover Wargames - Black Vs Dream - Dream's best singles match
    Takeover Philly - Black Vs Cole - Cole's best singles match
    Takeover NOLA - Black Vs Almas - one of Almas' best singles matches (tight call)
    Takeover Chicago 2 - Black Vs Sullivan - Sullivans best singles match

And all different types of matches too so he's certainly showing his worth to the main roster one day along with carrying himself with a superstar aura and a unique character.

I don't really see the comparison though Dook because Nakamura and Roode were having boring/bad matches that ruined the shows. As long as the Black Mass connects, there's no way that would of ended the show on a low note. That was a damn good match that was almost a great match.

To be perfectly honest, handcuffed Ciampa fluking a victory did not end the show on a high note for me, quite the opposite so not a great event to make that claim.

Point is Black doesn't feel like he's the top man in NXT despite the fact he's the champion and his reign is getting overshadowed by anything Johnny Gargano does. It's a little bit like when CM Punk was WWE Champion but John Cena kept closing the PPVs instead of him. I think the top two matches at NXT Takeover Brooklyn 4 will be Ciampa Vs Gargano and Black Vs EC3 and we all know what will get the nod for the main event spot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Nicky View Post
    I was gonna say the same thing. I’d rather had these good matches in the position they were in than compared to those boring Roode/Nakamura defenses.
    Again, Roode/nakamura were bad matches that the crowd didn't care for after the entrances were over, I don't think the comparison is too relevant here.

Thread Information