Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - June 12th, 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

SD Live WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - June 12th, 2018

SmackDown LIVE preview, June 12, 2018: Paige to host Women’s Money in the Bank Summit
    Just days before the Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Paige will gather Team Blue’s entrants for a summit tonight.

Charlotte Flair, Naomi, Becky Lynch and Lana each had to earn their way into the battle in Chicago, and they’ve been trying to gain all-important momentum in the weeks since. Naomi and Lana have been at each other’s throats following a heated Dance-Off, while Flair and Lynch put their friendship to the test in a thrilling one-on-one battle this week that saw The Irish Lass Kicker defeat her pal with the Dis-arm-her.

What will happen when all four are in the same ring? How will Paige handle what is sure to be a high-tension situation?

Daniel Bryan and Shelton Benjamin go one-on-one tonight on SmackDown LIVE
    Daniel Bryan’s passionate response to Big Cass’ interview on last Tuesday’s SmackDown was the talk of the WWE Universe, but his words also caught the attention of Shelton Benjamin, who had a few things to say about Bryan’s speech.

Benjamin will get the chance to back up his feelings tomorrow night, as Paige has placed him in a match against the leader of The “Yes!” Movement. Can Bryan shift his focus from Big Cass and deal with the mat maven, or will Benjamin prove that Bryan’s talk was just that? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA!

Jeff Hardy to battle Shinsuke Nakamura after war of words on Twitter
    Shinsuke Nakamura is just days away from what is sure to be a brutal Last Man Standing Match against WWE Champion AJ Styles, but before he steps in the ring with The Phenomenal One, WWE’s Rockstar must deal with another titleholder on SmackDown LIVE – United State Champion Jeff Hardy.

It all started when Nakamura tweeted a picture of him and Hardy in the ring, but he declined to caption the photo. The U.S. Champion snapped back at The King of Strong Style and shared his prediction for this Sunday’s WWE Title Match. The two continued to trade barbs on Twitter, and WWE.com learned that Paige has confirmed a match between the two for Tuesday’s SmackDown LIVE. Will Hardy send Nakamura into Chicago with a loss, or will Nakamura prove that he’s ready to be the last man standing? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - June 12th, 2018

So no one is going to tell Lana where did you accent go?

Okay. Naomi thinking her Battle Royal win at WM matters lolz girl bye.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

What an odd matchup.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    What an odd matchup.
    Yeah it is. Jeff might need a Bag of Ice by the end of this one if he ain't ready for the Low Blow from Japan.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Booty For HOF

Status
      Country                    United States

Not a bad Smackdown!. The high light for me was Rusev going over Joe, on Rusev Day. Man, this guy is so over, this is WWE's chance to pull the trigger on him. Have him win MITB!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Watching this now.

Man, the Iconics promos are really bad. I don’t care if you’re a mark or a stan, it should be obvious to everyone that these are falling flat.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Nicky View Post
    Watching this now.

Man, the Iconics promos are really bad. I don’t care if you’re a mark or a stan, it should be obvious to everyone that these are falling flat.
    They fucking suck. I can't get the support for them at all.

Booty For HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putig View Post
    They're two new pretty faces. That is the primary reason.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putig View Post
    Like most call-ups, what we're getting on the main roster is full on watered down Iconics. They've got one schtick that they keep calling back to, Peyton's imitations of people, instead of just cutting the fresh and usually funny heels promos and segments they were frequently a part of in NXT.

That alongside the fact that they've already booked as complete non-factors has pretty much confirmed the fear I had for the last year about them getting the call-up. Peyton in particular never got the stronger run in NXT I think she deserved and now they're both gonna be space-fillers on this roster for the near-future.

Rest of the show's been good. I've noticed that the tag division has been MIA but I wouldn't say the midcard doesn't exist as Miz/New Day/Rusev/Joe have been a major focal point on most episodes, really pushing the ladder match. Once MITB is out of the way I expect we'll see the Bludgeon Brothers back in an honest feud and hopefully something for Jeff to do aside from put over other folks who need to look strong going into the PPV.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Cheese!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Jeff Hardy shouldn’t be dropping so many matches.

And god women’s wrestling in the WWE is still utter garbage. Most of the chicks in the ring there can’t work at all and even the talented ones were poor in that match. And on a side note, they all look really bad in that picture at the top of the page.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Booty For HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Jeff Hardy shouldn’t be dropping so many matches.

And god women’s wrestling in the WWE is still utter garbage. Most of the chicks in the ring there can’t work at all and even the talented ones were poor in that match. And on a side note, they all look really bad in that picture at the top of the page.
    Didn't he win by DQ?

Cheese!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Didn't he win by DQ?
    True. But getting laid out and winning by DQ isn’t much of a win. On top of his recent losses to Miz, Bryan(?), etc. Granted he’s got no feud but it’s just dumb how much WWE jobs their midcard Champs our...except Rollins who hasnt put anyone over in months now.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Booty For HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    True. But getting laid out and winning by DQ isn’t much of a win. On top of his recent losses to Miz, Bryan(?), etc. Granted he’s got no feud but it’s just dumb how much WWE jobs their midcard Champs our...except Rollins who hasnt put anyone over in months now.
    I see what you are saying. However, there is no shame in losing to The Miz or Bryan. No shame in losing to Nakamara either. I can see it possibly down playing the legitimacy of the US title, having him lose constantly, but at the same time it never hurt HBK or Honky Tonk Man when they were losing matches left and right as IC Champion. HTM is even considered on of the best, if not the best, IC champ ever. Like I said though, I see your point. He really should be feuding with someone at this point with the US Title. However, I don't see the need to add anoth match to an already stacked MITB card. Unless it was Pre-show.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

There’s good stuff on this show and it’s a fairly easy watch, but there’s obvious problems on the show. I don’t understand all the flash back packages, these weird ideas for promos are infecting this show too (that fucking Cass promo), the tag and mid card feels virtually non existent, there’s maybe too much AJ/Shinsuke on this show, etc.

I do like how more unique they’re trying to go with the AJ/Shinsuke feud though. The backstage contract signing and the old school interview segment with AJ are more things I’d probably like to see. Maybe not done all the time, just once in a while.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Lovely little Shelton/Bryan match I thought. Annoying that commentary never mentioned it was Bryan that handed Shelton a contract back to WWE.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

That match was good.

Rusev/Joe/Miz was a fun piece of television too honestly. Actually got a kick of The New Day getting the last laugh.

None of the NXT call ups feel special at all on either show. That seems crazy.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Nicky View Post
    Actually got a kick of The New Day getting the last laugh.
    The Miz selling those pancakes like a Scooby Doo villain was the most organic, earned laugh I've gotten from WWE since the Fashion Police days.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Thread Information