Thread: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Resident Evil 2 Remake

It's beautiful guys I'm going to buy this on PC and don't worry it will be on PS4 and Xbox One of course. For real over the years Resident Evil 2 has always been my top ten games of all time to play. I have it on my Nintendo 64 today and I'm going to cry my eyes out in January when I get this game and relive this greatness.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Leon looks dope as fuck and so does this game.

Claire's redesign is balls. Should've just made a younger version of the Claire in Rev 2.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Of Shake View Post
    Leon looks dope as fuck and so does this game.

Claire's redesign is balls. Should've just made a younger version of the Claire in Rev 2.
    Agree with all this. He looks like Leon again and not roided out DiCaprio (RE4 and RE6)

Not too bothered by Claire tho tbh

Status

shiiiit

some new footage in this.

can't wait.

and yeah Jiggy idk, I think Claire looks wayyy different. Though it's to be expected with how Chris looks now.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Not sure how to feel about the OTS perspective. I'm also hearin they got rid of HUNK and made Ada a bigger part of the story than she already is. I'm cautious about this one and I don't know if I'll like it as much as the original 2. Tell me I'm not crazy thinking this.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    Not sure how to feel about the OTS perspective. I'm also hearin they got rid of HUNK and made Ada a bigger part of the story than she already is. I'm cautious about this one and I don't know if I'll like it as much as the original 2. Tell me I'm not crazy thinking this.

Not too bothered about HUNK and I am all for more Ada as she's one of my favourite characters despite the constant cat and mouse thing she and Leon have going on.

I think it looks dope as fuck and I don't mind the OTS system as I don't think that was the problem in previous games. It will be fine as long as the game is paced for a horror game and not for an action game. And judging by gameplay... it looks like a good horror pace.

More gameplay

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Man, I'll definitely have to get me a PS4 now. With this and the Final Fantasy VII remake coming out. This looks awesome. I'm also not bothered by the Exclusion of Hunk, but is the Tofu guy still in this? As a hidden character!?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Man, I'll definitely have to get me a PS4 now. With this and the Final Fantasy VII remake coming out. This looks awesome. I'm also not bothered by the Exclusion of Hunk, but is the Tofu guy still in this? As a hidden character!?

If you've got a 4K TV, get a ps4 pro as I suspect they will be optimised for that console.

Not sure on Tofu. Not even sure on the HUNK stuff. I imagine they may include Tofu as a reward for completing the game or something? Might have him as DLC or something because that's likely happening. Might have HUNK and Tofu as DLC actually.

I saw they have DLC costumes ready already. Claire has an 'Elza Walker' costume for DLC... which is a great shout to Resident Evil 1.5.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

It's releasing on Xbox and PC as well if you have either of those.

Also fwiw the ps4 pro is trash and while the games do look slightly better it's not even really 4k and not significant enough to be worth it. I sold mine two months after I got it. At this point maybe the games are optimised better but I really don't think it's worth it. I bought a used PS4 base model and have been more than content with it vs the pro

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post

Also fwiw the ps4 pro is trash and while the games do look slightly better it's not even really 4k and not significant enough to be worth it. I sold mine two months after I got it. At this point maybe the games are optimised better but I really don't think it's worth it. I bought a used PS4 base model and have been more than content with it vs the pro
    Thanks for the Intel on the PS4 Pro. I'm not up to speed on the newer consoles.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post

I think with rumours of PS5 and stuff, it's likely they're developing for that too you gotta think. Imagine FF7 Remake launching with a PS5.

I think the Pro has gotten better but there's not that much of a gulf.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

It's not true native 4k whereas Xbox one x is. So if that's something that matters and you want to rock 4k NOW then I'd say go that route. If that ain't your jam then you're good with anything really at this point

Status

I still have normal PS4 and it has served me well. Need to replace the hard drive though for capacity reasons.

Also, I believe Tofu and Hunk are in this.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

Thanks for the Intel on the PS4 Pro. I'm not up to speed on the newer consoles.
    Basically Xbox One X is the top dog. Runs in native 4K and so it's a legit 4k media device as well. My tv isn't even a full range HDR tv and UHD discs and streamed 4K content are noticeably crisper and better looking. So if you're looking at investing in something right now, want the best and like what's on XBox then I'd suggest the X. I use my regular Xbox for streaming and don't really play anything on my X but it's more powerful than the PS4 Pro if that's something you're interested in.

Outside of that, if you don't really care about one console's exclusives over the other then just get whatever works for you. PS4 has way more legit exclusives right now if that's up your alley. But there's a lot of stuff, RE2 Remake included, that will be available on multiple platforms.

GOAT

Status

Xbox One X is indeed the highest tech console, but also lacks on console exclusives that PS4 and Switch have.

Honestly, I'd recommend those for the exclusives (Switch has particularly great indie games), and just have a computer for the rest. Cross play, and the fact that an Xbox One X doesn't even come close to the power of a medium to high end gaming computer? "shrugs"

Of course, the downside is, that GPUs are pretty expensive right now as is RAM. But, c'est la vie. Prices will normalize when the crypto boom subsides.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

On Vacation

Status

I really haven't looked into The Xbox systems that much. However, if everyone is so high on it, maybe I should give it some research and decide if I just want to get one of those instead. Appreciate the information guys.

God's Gift to God

Status

I really haven't looked into The Xbox systems that much. However, if everyone is so high on it, maybe I should give it some research and decide if I just want to get one of those instead. Appreciate the information guys.
    It really comes down to what you want to play. Sony has more legit exclusives. I think Xbox has a better online service that has better online games.

Like it's at the point where I'd recommend getting a ps4 and Xbox one before dropping money on the decked out version of either. Like I think everything is on sale for 50 bucks off this week. So you could get a ps4 and Xbox one for the same cost as a pro or one x.

But if you want 4k then get the one x

Thread Information