Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2018 NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

BRIDGES TO THE SIXERS!!

Now Santa make sure that second pick is DiVincenzo for us later in the first round and I can go to sleep happy. Nova Nation baby!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Oh no. I hate that Bamba ended up on the Magic. Don't think playing for that franchise bodes well for his future.
    And Orlando already has bigs too. They don't know what they're doing either clearly.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

I Want It All!

Status

Man I feel bad for Porter dude has ton of talent, but his injury questions are really hurting him here. I hope he gets drafted soon.

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    United States

Crazy that MPJ slid to Denver. I never would have imagined with the Nugs but I think it's a good situation where the core is already in place and his development won't be too rushed.

I Want It All!

Status

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/statu...65022200680448

Don’t compare Ayton to me either... I play DEFENSE
    Damn Embiid he is acting like people were towards him, HE AIN'T NOTHING..show us something. Back in the day you know those vets back in the day would test a rookie and hit them with a hard foul and see if they can hack it.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Random bold prediction: Anfernee Simons will develop into a very solid NBA player for the Blazers.

MR. MON$TER IN THE BANK~!

Status

Crimson Tide's own Collin Sexton's urging LeBron to stay in Cleveland after he got drafted eighth overall by them. The problem is, LeBron obviously wants to join a super team to win the title. I'd say good riddance. Let the Cavs find their own identity without him and let Sexton develop as a star of the team.

BTW, great pick by the Cavs. I wouldn't wanted him to go to Charlotte especially after getting rid of Dwight Howard.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016

Status

Someone tell me how to feel about this new Bucks kid.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wahbi Silkhazri View Post
    Someone tell me how to feel about this new Bucks kid.
    Injured most of his career and he never actually was a starter but the last two months were awesome and had a spectacular Final Four, basically winning the championship with his performance in the last two games for Nova. Also his nickname is "Ragu" after the pasta sauce.

Basically he's a boom or bust type pick but how he shined so bright on the biggest stage is exactly the kind of guys I would want. It was a good pick. You'll probably like him. Thankfully not enough to shave your head for him though.
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohamed Salah View Post
    Injured most of his career and he never actually was a starter but the last two months were awesome and had a spectacular Final Four, basically winning the championship with his performance in the last two games for Nova. Also his nickname is "Ragu" after the pasta sauce.
    Oh good, we love nicknames.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah DiVincenzo is the type of players you never need to worry about when it comes to hard work and him bringing it on the floor. Jay Wright has coached his Nova players to be leaders on the court, and off of the court and this guy is going to make an impact with the Bucks no doubt in my mind. I know Wright was so happy for his kids to be drafted last night in the First Round, and it didn't make me happy to see the Sixers draft Bridges and then a half a hour later they trade him. If you liked Smith that much why not draft him at 10? You could of slotted Bridges over Roco and that headache would of dealt with.

I feel so sorry for him in one aspect that the rug got pulled from under his feet and I don't see what the Sixers see in Smith and I'm willing to give him a chance, but at the same time he's going to make mad money with the Suns and be fine in the NBA. I do find it a little funny that Brett Brown said we are the business of getting starts, and developing stars and he pretty much said we want Lebron or Leonard and that trade was a push to try to make it happen in the next few weeks. I don't see what you give up to make that happen, Fultz ain't making anyone jump to make a trade with you and I can't see the Sixers giving up Saric who I really like as well. I'm going to laugh my ass off if nothing gets done and we get the well we took a shot to get those stars and didn't work out for us.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    Yeah DiVincenzo is the type of players you never need to worry about when it comes to hard work and him bringing it on the floor. Jay Wright has coached his Nova players to be leaders on the court, and off of the court and this guy is going to make an impact with the Bucks no doubt in my mind. I know Wright was so happy for his kids to be drafted last night in the First Round, and it didn't make me happy to see the Sixers draft Bridges and then a half a hour later they trade him. If you liked Smith that much why not draft him at 10? You could of slotted Bridges over Roco and that headache would of dealt with.

I feel so sorry for him in one aspect that the rug got pulled from under his feet and I don't see what the Sixers see in Smith and I'm willing to give him a chance, but at the same time he's going to make mad money with the Suns and be fine in the NBA. I do find it a little funny that Brett Brown said we are the business of getting starts, and developing stars and he pretty much said we want Lebron or Leonard and that trade was a push to try to make it happen in the next few weeks. I don't see what you give up to make that happen, Fultz ain't making anyone jump to make a trade with you and I can't see the Sixers giving up Saric who I really like as well. I'm going to laugh my ass off if nothing gets done and we get the well we took a shot to get those stars and didn't work out for us.
    I think Philly did what they did because they knew Phoenix wanted Bridges, so they picked him and used him to get a prospect they liked in Smith as well as a future draft pick from Phoenix. That's the best I can come up with.

As far as Fultz ans Saric, I think you have to trade them if you want Leonard or James. You can't be like "well LeBron we would sign you but we really don't want to let go of Saric". But yeah, Fultz's stock is definitely down so it will be interesting to see what kind of deal they're able to work out.

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I think Philly did what they did because they knew Phoenix wanted Bridges, so they picked him and used him to get a prospect they liked in Smith as well as a future draft pick from Phoenix. That's the best I can come up with.

As far as Fultz ans Saric, I think you have to trade them if you want Leonard or James. You can't be like "well LeBron we would sign you but we really don't want to let go of Saric". But yeah, Fultz's stock is definitely down so it will be interesting to see what kind of deal they're able to work out.
    Well I figured as much with Smith, but Bridges to me was the better and more complete player of course I'll be looking with big eyes to see how Smith pans out for them. I don't like them comparing him to Leonard easy now give the guy two to three years before we start doing that please. I think Fultz days are numbered for sure with them drafting Shamet at 26. Last Season he was so lost, between his injuries, his inability to shoot or hit a free throw with that bad posture of his, while him thinking too much out on the court we never to see how good he can be. Now maybe the Sixers wait and see on him, but if they get a deal done for sure he's going on be there, but I wanna know why the man didn't play not one minute in the playoffs being a healthy scratch to get back his confidence that he somehow lost in the regular season.

Real Women of Genius

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

They just wanted the extra pick from PHX, not that hard to understand. It does probably suck a little to not only get traded from the hometown team but worse, have to go to the Suns.

I just don't see LeBron not going to a top tier market to close out his career.
    Angels in Flight~

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post

BRIDGES TO THE SIXERS!!

Now Santa make sure that second pick is DiVincenzo for us later in the first round and I can go to sleep happy. Nova Nation baby!
    I was so hyped when they picked Bridges but of course they would trade him away for Smith.

I still have hope they get LeBron or Paul George but probably not.
    Last edited by WrestleRacer91; 07-15-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: I misspelled a word.

IT'S COMING HOME

Status
      Country                    England

LeBron and Kawhi both moving.

But where?

Status

To be fair we don't KNOW that they're both moving.

IT'S COMING HOME

Status

Shit...

Last edited by Harry Dmacguire; 07-01-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Status

YES. Lakeshow baby is back in town.

Now let's get Boogie and Leonard eh?

My hypothetical in the other thread just became even more less likely though.

IT'S COMING HOME

Status

I think Magic will go all out now to get Kawhi. And so he should.

Not too sure they will be able to fit Boogie under all of this though. I think he will re-sign with NO.

Thread Information