Kenny Omega (c) vs Cody

IWGP Tag Team Championship
    The Young Bucks (c) vs EVIL & SANADA

IWGP US Heavyweight Championship
    Jay White (c) vs Juice Robinson

Special Tag Team Match
    Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay vs Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI

---

No big surprises here following Dominion. I think it's the right call on Cody as the first challenger for Omega because that match should draw better in the states than in Japan. As Zero loved their first match at Supercard of Honor so much I'm sure he's hyped for that. Switchblade Vs Juice might be good but I can't see them taking the title off him yet.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW G1 Special In San Francisco - July 7th

So a couple of days after the main matches were announced for this and tickets are not budging at all which is interesting considering All In sold 10k with nothing announced. I think perhaps some fans have made the decision to only do the one NJPW show this year back in March and then All In because people only have so much disposable income and leave days from work to make shows like this. Two NJPW shows and 4 global wars shows, plus flooding ROH PPVs with their own talent might be a case of New Japan going to this American well a little too often.

A black eye on the drawing power of Kenny Omega that his first house as IWGP Heavyweight Champion could be a flop.

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    Two NJPW shows and 4 global wars shows, plus flooding ROH PPVs with their own talent might be a case of New Japan going to this American well a little too often.
    This was my thought a while back. NJPW US shows are becoming less & less special when they're regularly running ROH shows too. I do wonder about the UK shows too, considering most big Rev Pro events are based around New Japan talent coming in, and LIJ also worked the ROH UK tour.

Funny you should bring up Kenny being the champ to bum ticket sales, cause I wondered the same thing across the whole board after Dominion, what with Elgin, The Bucks & Jericho all winning gold too (although granted Jericho won't be on the show, but it's still a pretty big message of intent to how much more evenly gajin are being treated now).

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Diminishing returns is a factor here. I think they still got over 5,000 tickets or something like that so it depends on what New Japan was aiming for on whether or not they considering this as a flop or not.
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

It’s all overkill for sure.

All In has definitely had more fan support and a clearer mission than a third or fourth New Japan show in America. Actually makes sense that would sell out and this wouldn’t.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

قلبيlهذ

Status
      Country                    Egypt

This just tells me Zero was totally right about that Kenny/Cody match because this rematch didn't move any needles and seeing it A. Happen at all. but also B. Suck so much. really hurt the drawing power for the second go around. Just in general the card's pretty lackluster.

But really I said that same point about All In getting in the way a few weeks ago and there's no doubt it had a negative effect on this show but it's also an example of poor booking. If they had a better card with a better main event they would be doing better than this.

They didn't run a 10,000 seat building with the intent of doing around the same number as in March.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Thread Information