Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corey Graves Explains His CM Punk Related Tweets

Curtain Jerker

Status

Corey Graves Explains His CM Punk Related Tweets

"What really set me off was this week when he essentially disowned the business that made him," Graves said. "My only issue with him was that he turned off people that actually loved and supported him. Beyond “the business” and he never wanted anything to do with us...yet continued to present himself as this “Punk” hero."
    More comments here
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/e...weets-fightful
    Last edited by Ed; 06-10-2018 at 12:05 PM.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Corey Graves Explains His CM Punk Related Tweets

I'm glad Corey came out and gave the interview to shed some light on his comments, because when I read them this morning they seemed pretty douchey and also confusing given Corey previously supported Punk's first fight. The tweets are still lame and worth mocking (FIRST RULE OF PUNK ROCK lmao), but I can understand his personal issues with Punk if he's blown him off and won't talk to him (and other former friends in the business) anymore literally because of where he works for. Not to mention it has to be hard for Corey who was forced into retirement in NXT and had his dreams ended for him to see a friend turn their back on the industry he loves.

God's Gift to God

Status

Graves actually slid down a few notches for me. I was following his tweets last night as they came out and it was a really bad look. Like even if he's salty about Punk not being down with the business anymore he really sounded like a douchebag. I get people he was close to being sorta bummed that he bailed and if he doesn't talk to them anymore.

But the dude has made it clear that chapter of his life is over and has ghosted a bunch of people. It was 4 years ago lmao.

GOAT

Status
      Country                    United States

I have to wonder if he'll face any repercussions for this with WWE.

Probably not, but I'm sure Vince isn't thrilled.

Honestly, I get where he is coming from. But come on, it's a bit petty. And talk about kicking a man when he's down.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Son Of Anarchy

Status

Corey Graves is really a company guy now I mean hes def come off as bit of an a hole but hes a good announcer seems like a dick tho
    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    I have to wonder if he'll face any repercussions for this with WWE.

Probably not, but I'm sure Vince isn't thrilled.

Honestly, I get where he is coming from. But come on, it's a bit petty. And talk about kicking a man when he's down.
    You know when I first heard and read about all of this, the first thing that popped in my mind was, "Corey, you really shouldn't drink and Tweet, Bro".

I also see where he is coming from, with his friend giving him the cold shoulder, but I think I would have went about it a different way than Social Media. Unless of course, there is another reason behind doing this. Who knows, maybe he was doing it to try and get Punk interested in coming back into wrestling. I know, I know, he says he is done, but really what else does he have to do? Maybe announcing somewhere?

Young Gunz

Status

When I read the tweets from Corey I was confused as to why he was subtweeting CM Punk like a teenage girl. It was one-hundred percent obvious as to who he was referring to (even if he didn't initially mention his name), so why not just "@" Punk?

Corey Graves is a 30+ year-old man and he's mad because someone doesn't want to be friends with him anymore? Get over it! People don't owe you an explanation for why they don't want to be friends with you. They can just stop! In Punks case, he decided that he wanted nothing to do with anyone from the WWE and he has that right.

Corey is usually my favorite person in commentary but he needs to grow up and move on.

I'm cool. I think

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    but I think I would have went about it a different way than Social Media.
    Tbf what other choice did Corey have? He did it because clearly Punk was ignoring him every other way that Corey could have tried. This way, Punk can't exactly ignore him can he? Punk can't ignore him now because that's just proving Corey right and will lead to more backlash.
    I have been reborn.

Young Gunz

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Gippa View Post
    Tbf what other choice did Corey have? He did it because clearly Punk was ignoring him every other way that Corey could have tried. This way, Punk can't exactly ignore him can he? Punk can't ignore him now because that's just proving Corey right and will lead to more backlash.
    I'm pretty positive that Punk will ignore the situation as he ignores all the other talk that goes on in the world of professional wrestling. Mixed Martial Arts journalist aren't picking the story up (namely Ariel Helwani), and they seem to be the only people that Punk gives interviews to these days. Corey just made himself look stupid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I thought he was weird in one comment he randomly mentioned Kenny Omega, even tagging him. Kenny responded back with a confused gif and Corey later apologized.

I’m sure Corey will act as if nothing had happened when he’s back on commentary tonight. Maybe Cole or Coach will make a subtle jab at him about it though.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

God's Gift to God

Status

I think Graves just outed himself as a smark who reveled in his hero's demise.

On Vacation

Status

He had several other choices. One is that he could have just remained silent and went about his life, which is what I would have done (and have done with people who no longer wish to associate themselves with me). Like the other poster who quote you said, Punk will probably just ignore what was said. Unless there is a work here we don't know about. Yes it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    I thought he was weird in one comment he randomly mentioned Kenny Omega, even tagging him. Kenny responded back with a confused gif and Corey later apologized.

I’m sure Corey will act as if nothing had happened when he’s back on commentary tonight. Maybe Cole or Coach will make a subtle jab at him about it though.
    Wouldn't it be awesome if Omega vs. Punk was going to happen in the near future? Maybe Corey Graves has some inside intel that the rest of the World does not know about yet. Not very likely, but hey, a man can dream, right? Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I think Graves just outed himself as a smark who reveled in his hero's demise.
    This is what it is looking more and more like. The whole, "Haw Haw, you lost to the Brooklyn Brawler of MMA! But I'm going to laugh about it, and just say its because you don't want to be my friend anymore" thingy.

Status

Corey Graves is a toolbox who sucks on commentary and is sad that someone more famous than him isn't speaking to him anymore. BFD.

Also love Graves @ing Omega and Omega basically WTF'ing him.

GOAT

Status

Not make cringe worthy tweets and move on with his life? Maybe?

Practice being better at his job instead of criticizing others on twitter?

I am the storm.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I think if I was trying to reach out to an old friend and getting nothing back, I'd just take the hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I think if I was trying to reach out to an old friend and getting nothing back, I'd just take the hint.
    Why do that when you can make an overzealous tweet and air dirty laundry making you sound like a shit friend and overattached psycho

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Practice being better at his job instead of criticizing others on twitter?
    Corey Graves doesn't need to practice being better at his job, he needs to practice ignoring the ear piece telling him to be bad at his job.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Corey Graves doesn't need to practice being better at his job, he needs to practice ignoring the ear piece telling him to be bad at his job.
    But then he'll be out of a job.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    But then he'll be out of a job.
    Nah Vince likes it when people take initiative and challenge him. Wrestle him on a plane and you'll be fine, so long as you don't grab his arm in public...
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

GOAT

Status

The thing is, some people who have that same ear piece do okay and aren't dreadfully annoying.

And then you have Michael Cole and his Michael Coleisms. "ITS BOSS TIME" "He's in the drop zone!" "WHAT A BIEL!" "SUPERMAN PUNCH!" "VINTAGE ____!" "THE BIIGGGGGGGGG DOG!"

And the whiny ness of Corey Graves in general.

I seriously have been watching most of Raw and Smackdown lately without sound on, and having music on in the background.

I am the storm.

Thread Information