Thread: WWF '01: A Different InVasion

Curtain Jerker

Status

WWF '01: A Different InVasion

“Triple H… Triple H has that damn sledgehammer. By gawd he’s going to take Kane’s head off of his shoulders!”

Triple H, a weary mess of blood and sweat from the brutal battle himself and Austin were in the midst of enduring against the Brothers of Destruction, began shining the top of his precious signature weapon as Kane slowly got up to his feet in the corner of the ring. Just as he was about to launch himself at the “Big Red Machine” in one final attempt to put his opponent away, the lights went out. The titantron began to glitch out with static filling the screen before abruptly cutting off altogether, almost as though they were having some sort of technical difficulties in the production truck. The arena was plunged into darkness for a few seconds before the screen began glitching again. Eventually the producers appeared to have gotten control of the situation as the WWF logo appeared on the tron, but the arena was still coated in a blanket of darkness. Suddenly the WWF logo began to glitch out itself. The logo seemed to be transforming as a peculiar sound began emitting itself from the arena’s sound system. A disfigured, disjointed sounding voice appeared to be attempting to stutter something out;

n….N…..N…n…..New….N…..New Wor……World…..wor……Ne…..

NEW WORLD ORDER

The all too familiar logo of the NWO glitched itself over the WWF logo on the titantron as the crowd absolutely exploded. The lights in the arena came back on as a bewildered Triple H stood in the centre of the ring staring in confusion at the NWO logo glitching out on the titantron atop the stage. Suddenly, from opposite sides of the crowd emerged none other than Kevin Nash and Scott Hall themselves, the most smug of grins on their faces. They slowly walked around the ring to join eachother just in front of the announce desk, completely avoiding eye contact with Triple H in the ring before Nash whispered something in Hall’s ear. Hall suddenly grabbed the closest cameraman before proclaiming right into the lens of the camera for everybody watching at home and, probably more specifically Vince McMahon in the back – “We’re back…”

Kevin Nash climbed into the ring and, completely avoiding Triple H, laid Kane out with a destructive big boot. The Undertaker climbed into the ring, himself a beaten mess from battling Steve Austin around the ringside area for the majority of the match, and immediately launched himself at Kevin Nash. His attack didn’t last long however as Scott Hall climbed into the ring and immediately thwarted “The Deadman’s” assault. One big boot from Nash and a Razor’s Edge later and the Undertaker too was a non-factor. Triple H grabbed Kevin Nash by his shoulder and swung him around before going nose to nose with his old buddy, clearly looking enraged at what was transpiring before his eyes. “What the hell are you doing here?!” Triple H could be made out asking his close friend – Nash’s reply was simple;

“Didn’t you get the memo, Hunter? We’re taking over!”

Steve Austin could be seen hightailing it up the ramp, clearly not wanting any part of what was transpiring inside the ring. The night wasn’t quite over for Austin yet however, nor was it for “The Game”. The titantron and arena lights began to glitch out again, almost as though the production staff were battling with a virus attempting to infiltrate their system. Suddenly a very, very familiar theme came crashing into the arena as a very, very familiar face emerged from gorilla.

“What the hell…WHAT THE HELL AM I SEEING?! WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE?!”

“JR…Is that….THAT’S HULK HOGAN!”

His face plastered with the most smug of smirks, Hollywood Hogan swaggered out to the stage as Steve Austin looked on like a deer in the headlights. Austin, realising there really was no way out for him by this point ran at Hogan. Hogan, the much fresher and more healthy man, easily took Austin out with a big boot. He grabbed Austin by his bald head and dragged him down to the ring, rolling him into Nash and Hall who were waiting in the ring like a pack of starving wolves. They laid the boots into Austin before almost breaking him in half with their respective finishers; a devastating Razor’s Edge and a spine cracking Jackknife Powerbomb. Triple H remained frozen in the ring; does he help out his tag team partner or does he side with his two oldest friends? Were they even on his side to begin with?

Hollywood Hogan climbed into the ring as himself, Nash and Hall surrounded Triple H. Although he initially looked ready for a fight Triple H soon dropped his sledgehammer before throwing a smirk of his own in the direction of Nash and Hall; they reciprocated with smirks of their own. Little did “The Game” realise, however, that he was being worked into a false sense of security by his former best friends.

“BY GOD! HOGAN ALMOST TOOK THE GAME’S HEAD OFF WITH THAT BIG BOOT!”

Nash and Hall laid into the fallen Triple H with several boots before Hogan almost crushed his oesophagus with an Atomic Leg Drop. Standing side by side, their faces covered in smugness and arrogance, Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall stood in the centre of the ring three dominant silhouttes over their fallen Federation foes. What did this mean for the WWF? It seemed a war was on the horizon…

Backlash
    Copyright 2001
    World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc.
    All rights reserved

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: WWF '01: A Different InVasion

Bro, YES! I am so pumped about this. I'm curious if you just focus on the invasion storyline and that's it, or if you write everything in full details with your shows. But either way, I am loving this and I can't imagine the pop that would've gotten in real life. Definitely interested reader in me man.

WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

#wc4horsemen

Drink It In Maaan!

Status
      Country                    United States

Looking forward to reading your work. We are both booking the same time period and idea so it will be cool to see how you go. Plus fucking cool graphic!

Curtain Jerker

Status

You had me at the logo.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I fucking love this! The nWo is what really hooked me as a kid. WWE dipped the ball with this faction. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

I <3 This Man

Status
      Country                    Australia

You had me at the words "Kevin Nash" tbh.

I've said for years that a successful Invasion thread is like Bigfoot. You hear legends of it but never actually see it for yourself and nobody has any real evidence that it exists. The beginning of this is very interesting and from the brief opening appears to have a lot of potential. I look forward to seeing how you handle the various hurdles with the Invasion which I believe make it so very hard to book and why projects of this era quickly fade. You've got an amazing pool of talent to pull from and it'll be exciting to see who and when you bring those people in while not oversaturating the market. An Invasion thread has so many challenges that the prospect of seeing how you handle them excites me just as much as the core product itself. Wishing you all the luck in the world so I can finally say I've discovered Bigfoot!

Best of luck again, mate.

Chikara Trainee

Status

i am really looking forward to this and a hell of a different way to start a BTB with doing your opening angle in the 1st post where typically there is a roster and all that jazz...i kinda hope you just do the INVASION storyline b/c im super interested in that specifically. I actually just watched a GUEST BOOKER where Vince Russo rebooks the Invasion and uses the NWO as the catalyst so best of lluck sir.

Thread Information