Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Grand Prix 1 FINALS Promo Discussion Thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: World Grand Prix 1 FINALS Promo Discussion Thread

God damn. We're so short staffed at work these past couple of weeks I've just not had any time to put anything together. Apologies to OMB.

Demon Bunny

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    God damn. We're so short staffed at work these past couple of weeks I've just not had any time to put anything together. Apologies to OMB.
    All good tommy

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Hopefully I did okay with the promo. I know I could have done way better than what I did.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just wanted to apologize to Kai, Shake, Sayer, and Jimmy for missing this one. I had a quarter of my promo written but I got pretty sick for a few days then when I got better my laptop was acting weird. Next time I promise I'll make it.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Walk With Elias

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy Batshuayi View Post
    Just wanted to apologize to Kai, Shake, Sayer, and Jimmy for missing this one. I had a quarter of my promo written but I got pretty sick for a few days then when I got better my laptop was acting weird. Next time I promise I'll make it.
    No worries bud, it happens. There’s always next time.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Promo Reviews (will edit in):

Wolf:
    This was well written as always but I'm going to say that I didn't really 'feel' this one. The VR thing didn't hit home with me. The first half of the promo felt a little jarring whilst the second half was great. I actually had to google a few things to get the references and I felt that negatively impacted the promo somewhat. I would prefer references like that to be more in-universe. But we all do things like that so that's just a small negative for me, personally. Some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy at times to be honest with you and sort of turned me away from the promo at times. I feel like once the promo began to feel 'familiar' it got really good. The focus on Kennedy was great and was absolutely the best part for me. Minus points for managing to get both the day and venue of the show wrong in spectacular fashion. Really, I just hope the cheesy Wolf vibe is a one off but I guess you are doing something relatively new with the character and being sort of less gloomy. The positives of the promo far outweigh the negatives though, that is for sure. Extremely creative effort on your part and appreciated.

Penny: Man, you gotta work on adding full stops at the end of dialogue... that's my first though. Penny promos are always interesting and, to a degree, creative. I think that's a good strength to have. Though I do think promos could be lengthened a little and fleshed out more. The dialogue is a little abrupt at points but great in other parts. I feel like Fred could have given a longer, more inspiring speech if you really wanted to play that element up and, in turn, give Penny more inspiration to say more and get her point across better. This had solid character work as always but that shortcoming means there's less to 'get' about the character as you don't offer as much insight as a, say, Bell Connelly. This was a time to go for a fully fleshed out promo IMO but it just lacked a little here. It was just a tiny bit off. The promo itself had a great comedic element to it - I'm not sure if this is the intended effect. But I always pop for a Triple J Security appearance. Overall, I think you have the right ideas but I think they need to be expressed in more detail at times. This was a good effort and a good read for what it was.

Jason Randall: In comparison to the Penny promo, this one was lacking a little in creativity. Whilst you have shown time and time again that you know exactly what sort of character you want to write, there's always something that's just missing. Again, I found the comedic element funny and I am still not sure if it was intended. The callback to the Swamp Creatures was funny but also sort of smart since they actually are a past opponent. Of course, they really can't offer much insight but I guess it's all Randall really has to go off of. Interesting way of linking both promos but I wish they weren't linked in all honesty. I feel like I would've just enjoyed Randall going on more of a rampage. Make him seem more like a loose cannon rather than holding him back. He should be rabid and wanting to go after his opponent and prove that he's still a top guy after his WGP showing. I love the Randall character but there needs to be more fire conveyed, I feel. Really amp up the personality aspects of what makes Randall who he is. This promo now makes me want some sort of ridiculous DDT style feud between Randall/Penny and Risky/Jack with Fred being held hostage. Where's Blackbird when you need him?

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information