Release date: TBA
    Studio: Blumhouse
    Director: Todd McFarlane
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriter: Todd McFarlane
    Starring: Jamie Foxx
    Genre: Thriller, Action, Horror
    Official website: Spawn.com

Plot Summary: "Spawn" creator Todd McFarlane is writing the screenplay and will make his directorial debut with the low-budget horror project, and Oscar winner Jamie Foxx has signed on to play the title role of Al Simmons.
    "Spawn" told of a black ops agent who is betrayed and killed, his soul sent to Hell for all the innocents he had killed. While there, he makes a deal with a demon who allows him to return to the earthly plane and his wife. However, five years have now passed and his wife has moved while he is a disfigured and super-powered spawn of Hell. The comic was adapted into a New Line horror action movie that starred Michael Jai White, as well as an HBO cartoon series in the late 1990s.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Spawn (TBA)

I still have my Spawn Comics signed by Todd McFarlane that I got from my Uncle years ago and I've always been a fan of Spawn even loving their film they did years. Foxx being Simmons/Spawn I'm really hopeful that this film shocks the world and it rocks the house.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The best thing about the last movie was that ridiculously entertaining soundtrack where rap and metal bands did songs together. I still listen to that from time to time while you couldn’t pay me enough to watch the movie again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    The best thing about the last movie was that ridiculously entertaining soundtrack where rap and metal bands did songs together. I still listen to that from time to time while you couldn’t pay me enough to watch the movie again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Track 12 - Incubus/Greyboy - Familiar

Anyway, McFarland has been wanting to do another Spawn movie for 20 years now so good for him I guess.

This casting intrigues me but the movie will be shit. McFarlane is and always has been a derivative hack of a writer and a completely inexperienced director.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Interesting to see how this turns out with MacFarlane at the helm. Foxx doesn't hurt either.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Interesting to see how this turns out with MacFarlane at the helm. Foxx doesn't hurt either.
    Yeah that is a question mark MacFarlane Directing the film and how'll do in this spot. It also comes down how they market Spawn to this audience, who a good amount don't know Spawn like I do. I had the figures, the Comics everything Spawn and you would think this Film would be an origins film. The vibe I'm getting with people around the project including MacFarlane is that it won't be an origins film, rather Spawn might be there, but not a focal point of the film rather in the background and we might not see the history of his character until the next film. They want to make it into a horror film rather than a Action/Adventure type of Film, so I wanna see how the rest of the Cast shapes up and what the first Trailer looks like. I would say maybe 2019 or 2020 could be a spot for this film.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Track 12 - Incubus/Greyboy - Familiar
    Familiar and The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell were/are specifically EXCELLENT tracks on that album. There were others as well but those two I love.

Thread Information