Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: May 29th, 2018

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: May 29th, 2018

man this is so good

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sweet Meat

Status

might be a bit more near heavy than i personally love but with how its hyped at least its fitting

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Sweet Meat

Status

man im not even mad that was so killer

Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Damn they should of went to 11 in my eyes, but no shame in Buddy losing he had one of hell of a performance as did Alexander. The hype was met and I wanna see an return Match in the future no doubt, because I feel they left so much on the Table to show us in the future.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

this was the performance cedric needed with ali, kalisto, tozawa, etc performing at such high levels lately. and the crowd being so behind him really helped his top guy feel.

Spoiler:

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Tremendous title match. Props to Murphy who has far exceeded my expectations for him since coming to the show. Cedric has always been great and this was definitely the right decision in him retaining. Also great to see a lengthy match on 205 Live rather than a seven minute contest on pay per view.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Haven't seen the show, but I do think it's great that there's this platform for the likes of Cedric and Buddy to get to work 20 minute title matches.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

My opinion may differ from the rest. I liked the match, it was pretty good. The crowd was into the match, chanting and making noise for everything. Firmly behind Cedric with it being his home town. Buddy Murphy's performance in the match was fantastic I thought. Just the little things of making sure that the match flowed. For example, early in the match, Cedric was running towards the ropes and Buddy tried to grab him rather then wait for the spot. Loved those little details that Buddy adds. Also, loved his work on the back. He showed great urgency and intensity with his work, being very consistent with it. Great stuff from Buddy Murphy. Cedric, however, didn't do any for me. Cedric was a nice foil for Buddy Murphy but wasn't a huge fan of what he did in the match. Buddy Murphy targeted his back and Cedric didn't do a great job of selling it throughout the match, only selling it every so often. He didn't really limit his offence to accommodate the back, doing a tope con hilo in the match and not really showing any signs of the back damage. Kinda disappointing from Cedric. I liked the ending of the match though, that was were Cedric impress me a bit more. Don't have a problem with the result too much. Cedric is a bit bland but him winning in his own town is the correct choice for me. Hope Buddy Murphy gets another chance down the line.

Good match but I did expect a little more.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

Main Event was very good, I think there's maybe only two BOSJ matches I would say are better for a random comparison. Drake said before the match 'BIG MATCH FEEL', and I think he was right, this did feel like one of the biggest matches in 205 Live history, maybe only Ced Vs Roddy on par with that for 2018. It being the first CW title match on the show since October does help with that special event feel and I'd like to see more title matches on the show rather than just shoehorned into a PPV - in fact that might have to be the direction they go in because PPV spots are hard to come by now. Great to see the home town crowd get behind the match to make it one of the more over matches in the show's short history. I think at times Ced got a little forced in his facial expressions as he was doing his comeback, but nowhere near mania bad forced. Buddy certainly was the best kept secret.

I've gone on record as saying I'm not high on the Kendrick/Gallagher team. Match was fine. Lets get to the 6 man and more Gulak singles against LHP already.
    Last edited by Ed; 05-30-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- I see Drew Gulak has made the logical progression from Powerpoint Presentations to Pamphlets. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, YAY. Solid enough tag match. Didn't feel quite as good as the last but whatev. Kendrick, Gallagher, & Gulak make for a good trio alliance if they go that way.

- Perhaps unsurprisingly, the main event was pretty brilliant. Like, hot damn, Buddy Murphy's having a breakout year after years of being off TV. Definately one of the best 205 Live singles matches yet, if not top five. The red-hot crowd helped - likely due to it being Cedric's homestate and all - and it's a nice change for the 205 Live crowd to be hyped at the start of the match instead of near the end. As an aside, I dig how 205 Live make finishers protected - no-one's kicking out of any finishers, it only takes one Lumbar Check/Murphy's Law/054/Salina Del Sol/etc to end the match. Adds a lasting sense of impact to finishers instead of degrading them over time. *Looks at Cena's AA*

But, anyway, yes, fantastic main event, should've been the match Cedric has at Mania instead of a 12-minutes sprint that focused more on 'HEART vs SOUL' than making sure the match was killer.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Maybe I should give 205 a chance

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Maybe I should give 205 a chance
    You absolutely should.

You're usually guaranteed at least one good to great match, usually the main event but the undercard rarely disappoints and there's rarely any outright stinkers. The feuds themselves are simple and down-to-earth, not over-the-top or laden with soap opera elements - you won't find a 'Mustafa Ali, this is your life' or 'Cedric Alexander, these are your sisters' segment. And the show itself is only one hour, so it's easier to sit though and digest than Raw.

I'm sure Dook also has a laundry list of reasons to watch 205 Live but that's the brief summary of it.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Best match Cedric's had since Roddy. His best performance certainly, though he was really OTT at times with his screaming whenever he got kicked. Buddy was the Man of the Match but. Great heel, just based on his facial expressions and getting heat on Cedric. He doesn't really cheat or anything, which I like about him. They brought the hate and the big fight feel, and yeah it did get a bit nearfall-y but I didn't think they went too overboard. It's not the tippity top of my favourite 205 Live matches, but I think I can safely call it Cedric's second best match.

I have nothing to comment on in that tag match except "Lindsey Dorito". How quickly can we wrap up this Gulak & Pals vs. Lucha House Party feud so Gulak can feud for the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I didn't like Cedric's performance very much. It didn't really do much for me, offence wise. And I don't think he sold particularly well either.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Hail To The King

Status

I do love Alexander and most guys on roster

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Buddy was the Man of the Match but. Great heel, just based on his facial expressions and getting heat on Cedric. He doesn't really cheat or anything, which I like about him.
    I remember calling Buddy a heel months ago and was told nah there's nothing heelish about him.

I'm all for heels that don't need to cheat to prove their point. I think it's refreshing to see someone be arrogant because the results back up their own belief that they are damn good at wrestling and train harder than anyone else. I hope he doesn't fall down the card now, I'd be all for another title match in the future for him.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Do you not see a difference between Buddy now and Buddy then? Cockier demeanour, isn’t tagging fans in his entrance, brutalising a jobber, sneak attacking Cedric. The weeks before that, he wasn’t doing anything like that. He was more of a babyface, maybe tweener by default because he hadn’t done much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE MAN

Status

He's never once come across as a babyface to me in his interviews and promos and I don't see a big change in them from Feb to today, he's always had that arrogant prove everyone wrong chip on his shoulder. Aside from that first match against Daivari who was an established heel, I don't think I've seen him slap any fan during his entrance or work a style in-ring that I can call babyface like.

Hail To The King

Status

Gulak looks like a millon bucks same with Buddy Murphy

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Thread Information