Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

::WCW WORLDWIDE EPISODE SIX::

-FRIDAY FEBRUARY 7, 1992-

from Atlanta, Georgia
    HOSTED BY, Eric Bischoff & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH

"Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit defeated Rob Van Dam (local jobber) via submission after a Crossface at 4:00.

We start to see a different side of the "Canadian Crippler" surface as this match progresses. Throughout the entire match, Benoit controlled most of it with his vicious submission holds and technical wrestling. Benoit is relentless with his attack on Van Dam, throwing him from one side of the ring to the other before finally snapping on a crossface. It only takes a few seconds for the pain to be too unbearable for Van Dam and he immediatley taps out, but Benoit refuses to let go of the hold until an additional referee is able to hop into the ring and pull Benoit off. After the match, Benoit looks down at Van Dam with a sadistic smile on his face and just stares at him until Missy Hyatt runs down to the ring to catch a word with him. "And just like that folks, in extremely decisive fashion, The Canadian Crippler Chris Benoit has dominated the young Rob Van Dam and picks up the victory on WCW WorldWide."

Hyatt congratulates Benoit on a very decisive and dominating victory tonight, and asks what his plans are going forward in World Championship Wrestling. Benoit looks at her with an intimidating look on his face and starts seething in anger shaking his head and clinching his fists, "One goal in mind, to cripple people. I will do whatever I have to do to shatter as many bones as possible!" Hyatt backs away and looks at Benoit with a terrified look on her face, asking Benoit why he wants to shatter bones and cripple people. Benoit laughs and then puts his hand tightly around her shoulder, pulling her in aggressively to his face, "BECAUSE I LIKE IT!" Benoit knocks the microphone out of Hyatt's hand abruptly, pushes her over to the side and then storms away in a rage, trying to hold himself together. Benoit takes a few steps and then stops to turn around, gritting his teeth and screaming out in a rage. Benoit repeats this over and over again as he makes his way up the ramp, obviously trying to hold himself back from crippling Missy Hyatt and anyone else in his path. Commentary puts over how frightening and uncomfortable that interview segment with Missy Hyatt was, and how nervous they were that he was going to attack her the same way he did Van Dam in his match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORMAL NON-TITLE MATCH

The Diamond Studd (w/Diamond Dallas Page) defeated Shane Douglas via pinfall after a Diamond Death Drop at 8:11.

Shane Douglas puts up a pretty good feat against The Diamond Studd, but The Diamond Studd proves that he is the better overall wrestler, utilizing his immense strength to overpower Douglas, along with the added wildcard of Diamond Dallas Page outside the ring in support of Studd. The Diamond Studd looks in rare form though, clearly wanting to send a message to NASH, as Page rallies him up from outside the ring and tries to encourage Studd's assault with comments like, "Just imagine he's that big dumb monkey, NASH!" and "Show me what you're gonna do to NASH, come on!" Studd mocks Douglas during his assault, doing everything he can to show his dominance in the match. The match comes to an end when Douglas tries to hit a belly to belly suplex, but it is reversed into a Diamond Death Drop! BAM!

After the match, Diamond Dallas Page and The Diamond Studd taunt at the booing crowd in the ring. Page grabs a microphone at ringside and starts to cut a promo instructing NASH to look at the devastating damage in the ring at the hands of The Diamond Studd, and to just hope and pray that Studd isn't in this kind of mood tomorrow night when he comes face to face with NASH again. Page builds the physique of Studd and how devastating the Diamond Death Drop is. "We'll be comin' to Center Stage tomorrow night daddy, and big man, you better think long and hard if you even wanna show up! And that's all I got to say about that baby!" Page drops the microphone and poses with The Diamond Studd, screaming at the fans to "put their hands together for perfection!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CACTUS JACK'S ULTIMATE CHALLENGE

Cameras slowly pan up to show a dark room full of "Terry Funk pictures" and a leak coming down from the pipes of the ceiling. The shot focuses in on a picture of Terry Funk winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship with a huge red "X" through it and holes burnt out of the eyes of Terry Funk in the picture. Cactus Jack slowly walks into the scene and starts to cut a scathing yet very eerie promo about the obsession that Terry Funk has became with him. Jack reiterates several times during his promo that he wakes up in the middle of the night from dreams where he is torturing Terry Funk and beating the life out of his cold lifeless body. Jack is whispering in the beginning of his promo, just staring deep into the camera and slowly nodding his head back and forth. Cactus slowly takes the picture of Terry Funk off the wall holding the NWA World Heavyweight Championship belt,

"But when I think of Terry Funk and think of the legacy that he has carved out in the world of professional wrestling, it makes me feel a little sick inside. Yes it does. It makes me get a pit in the bottom of my stomach that I can't get rid of because he's simply everything that this sport glorifies. He's not the long blonde haired Van Halen pretty boy. He's not the 22 inch python monster holding up the red white and blue. He's what professional wresting was, is, and as sick as this makes me feel, will forever be. He's the business that whores out it's young and pushes them to a point that they can't turn back! To Terry Funk I'm just a young dumb kid who needs to respect the wrestling business for what it has allowed me to be, BUT I DON'T RESPECT ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUSINESS! The wrestling business made Jack Foley into Cactus Jack, but that's not what I wanted to be! That's not who I wanted to be! This business is a cancer to the world of fine people like Jack Foley!"

Jack rips an old high school picture of himself off the wall and starts pointing at it aggressively, getting louder and more violent with his speech. "You see this boy? This boy had hopes. He had dreams. He had a fire inside of him where he was gonna be what he wanted to be. He had a destiny! But this wrestling business raped and pilaged every single thing that he held dear to himself and to his legacy! And for what? Huh?! Terry Funk wants to try and turn this around on me, and he wants to make the world think that I'm the one who has caused all this, but I have not! I haven't caused any of this!! I am just a product of this business, and I am a product of this make believe word of hardcore, because I do to my body what everyone in the back is too scared to do! This legacy of hardcore has embarked on for 30 years is dead! Terry Funk is dead! Ha ha ha!! Yeah that's right! Terry Funk is dead, and that's why I want to put his lifeless body out to the grave where it belongs! I want to bury his legacy deep into the soil of this earth because he has ruined an entire generation!! I want to bury his legacy so far into the ground where it can never ruin the lives of young men like this right here ever again!!"

Cactus Jack gets down onto his knees and holds his hands into a prayer stance while he stares into the camera with a wide and psychotic look in his eyes, "But Terry I don't want the Terry Funk of 1992. That's nothing. That's not what you're legacy is built around. Terry, at SuperBrawl II I am not asking you, I am pleading with you to give me the Terry Funk of 1975 that was on top of the world and was the World Heavyweight Champion! Terry I want you to give me that 1975 Terry Funk on a silver platter SO I CAN EAT HIM ALIVE AND STOP THIS MADNESS!! AT SUPERBRAWL II I WANT THE VERY BEST TERRY FUNK, BECAUSE I WANT TO BE THE ONE TO RIP HIM TO SHREDS ON THE GRAVE OF THIS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING BUSINESS!!!!!!!"

Cactus Jack starts ripping all the pictures of Terry Funk off the wall and screaming "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!" at the top of his lungs, selling the insanity he has fallen into. After a few moments of violently ripping down the pictures and banging his head on the wall several times, Cactus Jack finally sits up onto his knees out of breath and pulls his hair back out of his face slowly, "Terry Funk, SuperBrawl II....heh.." Jack takes a deep breath and a very audibly heard gulp, "Let me put you out of your misery. I know you don't want to continue like this Terry. Let me put you to rest. Let me save the world of professional wrestling..." Cactus Jack puts his hands on his head and falls onto his stomach, rocking back and forth crying out Terry Funk's name as the scene fades.

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH

Johnny B Badd defeated Michael WallStreet (w/Terrance Taylor & Alexandra York) via pinfall after a Slingshot Leg Drop at 9:22.

Johnny B Badd looks to be on a roll somewhat over the past few weeks, but Michael WallStreet definitely isn't someone he can just dominate in the match. WallStreet and Badd both get their fair share of offense in with WallStreet doing everything in his power to prove that he should be the one next in line for a United States Championship match, not Johnny B Badd. Throughout the match commentary puts over the huge upset last week when Badd was able to pick up the pinfall over US Champion Rick Rude, and that tomorrow night on WCW Saturday Night is the single biggest opportunity he has had thus far in WCW. Bischoff on commentary hypes how tomorrow night is Badd's one shot to prove that he belongs in the big leagues, and that it starts right now against a very formidable WallStreet. Dusty mentions and builds on commentary that the commissioner has laid down the law that if Badd does beat Rick Rude tomorrow night for the US Title, it will still be a one on one match for the US title at SuperBrawl, but that it will be Johnny B Badd against 2 Cold Scorpio with Rude no where near the title match at all! Taylor and York are outside the ring trying to hype up their big man in the ring, Taylor pulling WallStreet out of the ring several times to whisper "tips" in his ear. The final blow comes when WallStreet looks to be completely out after Badd connected with a moonsault off the top rope, but as Badd went to cover WallStreet for the pinfall, Alexandra York quickly gets up onto the ring apron to distract the referee. As the referee's back is turned though, Terrance Taylor grabs the signature briefcase that WallStreet carries to the ring and goes to slam Badd over the top of the head with it. But just as Taylor goes to hit Badd with the briefcase, Badd athletically leaps over top of Taylor and then dropkicks him through the middle ropes and to the outside of the ring! Badd looks at WallStreet with an excited look on his face and then comes down with a slingshot leg drop on WallStreet! After the match is over, Badd celebrates in the center of the ring dancing for the cheering crowd in attendance.

But just as his back is turned, "Ravishing" Rick Rude hops the barricade at ringside and jumps into the ring holding onto his WCW United States Championship tightly in his hand. Badd slowly turns around and Rude darts at him with the US Championship completely wiping him out in the center of the ring! Badd lies completely motionless in the center of the ring as Rude just stands over top of him with a cold and solemn look on his face, staring down at his prey. Rude slowly raises the US Championship in the air and just continues to stare down at Badd as commentary builds for the United States Championship match tomorrow night on WCW Saturday Night, and puts over how ruthless Rick Rude is. "Ravishing Rick Rude will do anything to keep his United States Championship, and I think we all know that as good as Johnny B Badd is, Rude is gonna be almost an impossible feat tomorrow night when his belt is finally on the line!"
    WCW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING presented by;

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Last edited by Charlemm1; 08-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.

NOW PLAYING IN THE "BE THE BOOKER" SECTION!

Squash Fodder

Status

Nice little open here with Flair having the order of protection and now we have a hook to see if Simmons will get his hands on Ric tonight.

First match is a good Squash match win for NASH and I loved that your using jobber guys. I assume that this was Bubba Dudley and I really enjoyed the snipbit about this being an “extremely” dominant performance. IDK if that was done on purpose, but it was hilarious to me. I like the post-match promo and can see this being a small part of SuperBrawl. When DDP finally takes the JackKnive that will be a big moment for NASH. Page’s logic was pretty sound here.

Nice segment here with Flair and Simmons. I like that you had the order of protection, but you still had Watts have to hold Ron back at some points in the segment. Ron putting his career on the line almost makes me think its 100% that Simmons will win at SuperBrawl, but I also wanna see if your going be a little unpredictable with your booking.

I like your transition scene here with Steamboat and now I understand why you did the order of protection with Simmons/Flair b/c u have two hot feuds where u wanted to keep them separate from each other…smart decision making Ricky/Dustin have the no compete bc it really sells the rivalry.

Good enhancement match and I really like that your taking people’s advice and going with more enhancement matches. I love that you have the local jobbers and the Thrill Seekers can maybe job for a year and then be made into something…interesting you went with Lance Storm but not Chris Jericho…maybe I’m looking into that too much.

Rude getting flustered into another match with a younger talent is a story that has been told but I really feel like this is just a stop on a much bigger story for Rude here, but if you can get some younger guys over in the meantime then I’m all for it.

I didn’t comment on the last worldwide so, I read through the repeat segment. This was so strong from Austin that I loved it and I cannot wait for his feud with Pillman. Also, I love that your going with more of a Stone Cold vibe…I know that didn’t happen till later, but IMO if you know what there best character was then slowly get them to that character.

Wow, hell of an angle right here and I can only imagine the heat that this would generate in 1991 WCW. I saw a lot of goldust in this segment from Rhodes and again, just like with Austin, I am a big fan of it. We know that Dustin can pull it off and if you just accelerate it some then that’s fine with me. Damn this was a hot angle.

What a win for Badd here. I love that you are working to get over someone here with an established star. This is much like what you did earlier with Benoit keeping pace with Steamboat. I think this was a smart decision to have Badd actually use the belt to cause the win bc it gives Dangerously a complaint next week. This is an interesting development and I wonder if this leads to a triple threat match at SuperBrawl.

I like seeing Simmons have a huge attack on Flair. This is interesting because now we have to see whats going happen with Simmons being in jail and how he will get out of jail. I enjoy Flair involving the parents of Simmons…don’t know how the “masta” statement will go over with the TV executives.

Pillman match was basically a promo segment to push the Vader/Pillman match for the PPV. I enjoyed the commentary from Cornette…not sure on Jim holding Vader back…maybe have Jim say something about we want to save it for the PPV for the pay day.

I cant believe it, but you got me invested in a Lex Luger promo. This was really, really well done. Sting letting Luger talk and talk and then beating down on Luger really was very amazing and a wonderful moment.

Squash Fodder

Status

Nice little open here with Flair having the order of protection and now we have a hook to see if Simmons will get his hands on Ric tonight.

First match is a good Squash match win for NASH and I loved that your using jobber guys. I assume that this was Bubba Dudley and I really enjoyed the snipbit about this being an “extremely” dominant performance. IDK if that was done on purpose, but it was hilarious to me. I like the post-match promo and can see this being a small part of SuperBrawl. When DDP finally takes the JackKnive that will be a big moment for NASH. Page’s logic was pretty sound here.

Nice segment here with Flair and Simmons. I like that you had the order of protection, but you still had Watts have to hold Ron back at some points in the segment. Ron putting his career on the line almost makes me think its 100% that Simmons will win at SuperBrawl, but I also wanna see if your going be a little unpredictable with your booking.

I like your transition scene here with Steamboat and now I understand why you did the order of protection with Simmons/Flair b/c u have two hot feuds where u wanted to keep them separate from each other…smart decision making Ricky/Dustin have the no compete bc it really sells the rivalry.

Good enhancement match and I really like that your taking people’s advice and going with more enhancement matches. I love that you have the local jobbers and the Thrill Seekers can maybe job for a year and then be made into something…interesting you went with Lance Storm but not Chris Jericho…maybe I’m looking into that too much.

Rude getting flustered into another match with a younger talent is a story that has been told but I really feel like this is just a stop on a much bigger story for Rude here, but if you can get some younger guys over in the meantime then I’m all for it.

I didn’t comment on the last worldwide so, I read through the repeat segment. This was so strong from Austin that I loved it and I cannot wait for his feud with Pillman. Also, I love that your going with more of a Stone Cold vibe…I know that didn’t happen till later, but IMO if you know what there best character was then slowly get them to that character.

Wow, hell of an angle right here and I can only imagine the heat that this would generate in 1991 WCW. I saw a lot of goldust in this segment from Rhodes and again, just like with Austin, I am a big fan of it. We know that Dustin can pull it off and if you just accelerate it some then that’s fine with me. Damn this was a hot angle.

What a win for Badd here. I love that you are working to get over someone here with an established star. This is much like what you did earlier with Benoit keeping pace with Steamboat. I think this was a smart decision to have Badd actually use the belt to cause the win bc it gives Dangerously a complaint next week. This is an interesting development and I wonder if this leads to a triple threat match at SuperBrawl.

I like seeing Simmons have a huge attack on Flair. This is interesting because now we have to see whats going happen with Simmons being in jail and how he will get out of jail. I enjoy Flair involving the parents of Simmons…don’t know how the “masta” statement will go over with the TV executives.

Pillman match was basically a promo segment to push the Vader/Pillman match for the PPV. I enjoyed the commentary from Cornette…not sure on Jim holding Vader back…maybe have Jim say something about we want to save it for the PPV for the pay day.

I cant believe it, but you got me invested in a Lex Luger promo. This was really, really well done. Sting letting Luger talk and talk and then beating down on Luger really was very amazing and a wonderful moment.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Just some real brief comments on Worldwide here. I will say I did read Saturday Night and enjoyed it once again. I marked out for the Lance Storm and Chris Jericho appearances as well. Anyway, onto the show…

I’m all for Chris Benoit being ‘The Crippler’ and I marked out for the appearance from Van Dam here. I’m glad you’ve used a show like Worldwide to hopefully slowly build this Benoit character. A good start with a win here over RVD, and I enjoyed the viciousness of him keeping the hold locked in. If there is one thing I didn’t like, it’s probably the fact that Benoit was normal on Saturday Night against Steamboat, and now all of a sudden, he’s vicious. It feels again, like this thread at times, that it has just moved way to fast. Maybe some losses to make Benoit snap or some slow hints of this character coming through would have been more effective, but it just feels like Benoit has randomly become this killer. I’m down for the character in general, but just feel as if it has been rushed. And whilst I’m all for Benoit in threads regardless of whatever happened in real life in 2007, him being a little vicious towards Missy Hyatt did feel a little controversial. Maybe something I’d stay away from moving forward.

Much like with RVD, I marked for another ECW man in Shane Douglas making an appearance here. Much like the opener, the right man did go over with The Diamond Studd being the man with a higher standing at the moment. DDP telling him to imagine it’s NASH is just a simple yet effective way to continue to build this really enjoyable first program for NASH. The promo afterwards was solid enough as well, and unlike the opening, this felt like it was the perfect pace. This angle has been progressing nicely for weeks now and continued to do so here, great job.

Cactus Jack promo was chilling, but I loved it. The idea of Cactus not respecting the wrestling business because of what it did to his, I guess, innocent childhood self is simply awesome. The comparison between Cactus and Jack Foley as well as the scene you set, with the leaky pipe and all the photos was sensational. Wanting Funk in his prime is terrific as well, honestly this was just a brilliant bit of writing. Sensational work. I love a good intense Foley promo.

Johnny B Badd overcoming interference and getting a win over Wallstreet was definitely the right move here. Simply because Badd needs to look on a roll before his US Title shot. Smart booking and the attack from Rude afterwards gives Badd a reason to want revenge, not just the title when they meet on Saturday Night. A solid finish to the show.

This week Worldwide did its job for the most part, which is to help characters be built up, and sometimes some slight angle progression. Worked a treat here, looking forward to the next show.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING MAGAZINE
    FEBRUARY 1992 EDITION

HITS NEWS STANDS THIS WEDNESDAY!

Last edited by Charlemm1; 08-11-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

World Championship Wrestling Presents: "WCW Saturday Night" Episode Six
    Saturday February 8th, 1992 | TBS SuperStation

Center Stage | Atlanta, Georgia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CACTUS JACK'S ULTIMATE CHALLENGE

*Repeat From WCW WorldWide Last Night*

Cameras slowly pan up to show a dark room full of "Terry Funk pictures" and a leak coming down from the pipes of the ceiling. The shot focuses in on a picture of Terry Funk winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship with a huge red "X" through it and holes burnt out of the eyes of Terry Funk in the picture. Cactus Jack slowly walks into the scene and starts to cut a scathing yet very eerie promo about the obsession that Terry Funk has became with him. Jack reiterates several times during his promo that he wakes up in the middle of the night from dreams where he is torturing Terry Funk and beating the life out of his cold lifeless body. Jack is whispering in the beginning of his promo, just staring deep into the camera and slowly nodding his head back and forth. Cactus slowly takes the picture of Terry Funk off the wall holding the NWA World Heavyweight Championship belt,

"But when I think of Terry Funk and think of the legacy that he has carved out in the world of professional wrestling, it makes me feel a little sick inside. Yes it does. It makes me get a pit in the bottom of my stomach that I can't get rid of because he's simply everything that this sport glorifies. He's not the long blonde haired Van Halen pretty boy. He's not the 22 inch python monster holding up the red white and blue. He's what professional wresting was, is, and as sick as this makes me feel, will forever be. He's the business that whores out it's young and pushes them to a point that they can't turn back! To Terry Funk I'm just a young dumb kid who needs to respect the wrestling business for what it has allowed me to be, BUT I DON'T RESPECT ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUSINESS! The wrestling business made Jack Foley into Cactus Jack, but that's not what I wanted to be! That's not who I wanted to be! This business is a cancer to the world of fine people like Jack Foley!"

Jack rips an old high school picture of himself off the wall and starts pointing at it aggressively, getting louder and more violent with his speech. "You see this boy? This boy had hopes. He had dreams. He had a fire inside of him where he was gonna be what he wanted to be. He had a destiny! But this wrestling business raped and pilaged every single thing that he held dear to himself and to his legacy! And for what? Huh?! Terry Funk wants to try and turn this around on me, and he wants to make the world think that I'm the one who has caused all this, but I have not! I haven't caused any of this!! I am just a product of this business, and I am a product of this make believe word of hardcore, because I do to my body what everyone in the back is too scared to do! This legacy of hardcore has embarked on for 30 years is dead! Terry Funk is dead! Ha ha ha!! Yeah that's right! Terry Funk is dead, and that's why I want to put his lifeless body out to the grave where it belongs! I want to bury his legacy deep into the soil of this earth because he has ruined an entire generation!! I want to bury his legacy so far into the ground where it can never ruin the lives of young men like this right here ever again!!"

Cactus Jack gets down onto his knees and holds his hands into a prayer stance while he stares into the camera with a wide and psychotic look in his eyes, "But Terry I don't want the Terry Funk of 1992. That's nothing. That's not what you're legacy is built around. Terry, at SuperBrawl II I am not asking you, I am pleading with you to give me the Terry Funk of 1975 that was on top of the world and was the World Heavyweight Champion! Terry I want you to give me that 1975 Terry Funk on a silver platter SO I CAN EAT HIM ALIVE AND STOP THIS MADNESS!! AT SUPERBRAWL II I WANT THE VERY BEST TERRY FUNK, BECAUSE I WANT TO BE THE ONE TO RIP HIM TO SHREDS ON THE GRAVE OF THIS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING BUSINESS!!!!!!!"

Cactus Jack starts ripping all the pictures of Terry Funk off the wall and screaming "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!" at the top of his lungs, selling the insanity he has fallen into. After a few moments of violently ripping down the pictures and banging his head on the wall several times, Cactus Jack finally sits up onto his knees out of breath and pulls his hair back out of his face slowly, "Terry Funk, SuperBrawl II....heh.." Jack takes a deep breath and a very audibly heard gulp, "Let me put you out of your misery. I know you don't want to continue like this Terry. Let me put you to rest. Let me save the world of professional wrestling..." Cactus Jack puts his hands on his head and falls onto his stomach, rocking back and forth crying out Terry Funk's name as the scene fades.

SOMEONE IS GONNA END UP SERIOUSLY HURT OR MAYBE EVEN DEAD

The scene slowly opens up to show Eric Bischoff standing alongside WCW Commissioner Bill Watts in front of the interview set backstage. Watts with a concerned look on his face is shaking his head and is clearly very nervous about how unhinged Cactus Jack is, and where this is heading between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk. Bischoff sells the insanity that has been brewing in Cactus Jack for weeks now, and builds up this intense rivalry between Terry Funk and Cactus Jack, with both men hellbent on seriously hurting each other. Bischoff shows clips of Cactus Jack's vicious assaults over the past few weeks in various matches, and how he has targeted Terry Funk as his "ultimate enemy" as he had mentioned previously in interviews before. Bischoff asks Watts now that the challenge has been made from Cactus Jack to Terry Funk, if he feels that Terry Funk is going to accept this challenge from Cactus and what is in store for WCW as a whole with these two animals willing to rip each other to shreds over all of this.

Watts stops Bischoff dead in his tracks and starts to cut a promo about how it doesn't matter if Terry Funk wants to accept this "challenge" or not, there is "no way in hell" he is going to sanction any sort of match between these two ever in World Championship Wrestling. Watts builds these two up as sadistic animals who have no regard for human life, and that they are too violent to think clearly. Watts mentions that the entire purpose of a wrestling match is to win and defeat your opponent, and that neither one of these "lunatics" care who wins, that they "just want to hurt the other one as much as possible!" Watts builds the seriousness of what a match between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk would mean, and that if he was to let them get into the ring against each other, there is no telling what would happen. Watts sells the idea of a match between the two as a sure fire certainity that someone would end up seriously hurt, or maybe even dead, and that he nor World Championship Wrestling can't be held responsible for a risk like that.

Bischoff looks at Watts with a concerned yet confused look on his face and asks him if this means that Terry Funk and Cactus Jack will not be wrestling any time soon. Watts nods his head in agreement,
    "That's right Eric. These two are both not in their right minds, and quite frankly, I'm not gonna be responsible for when they finally go over the edge. I don't care if they want to go out and fight on the street or in a field somewhere, but it will not happen in a a sanctioned match in a WCW ring, and that's a fact." Watts walks away from the interview set and Eric Bischoff explains the decision made by Bill Watts that if Terry Funk and Cactus Jack do want to fight, they will not be endorsed or sanctioned by the commissioner of World Championship Wrestling.

"But I don't think that has ever stopped either one of these two before. However, the main question now is, will Terry Funk accept Cactus Jack's challenge, and when are we going to find out?"

Normal Singles Non-Title Match

Big Van Vader (w/James E Cornette) versus Mr. Sandman (local jobber)

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    Big Van Vader controls most of the match, and with the exception of one running clothesline from Mr. Sandman, Big Van Vader utilizes his power and strength over the dirty blonde brawler. Every single time that Big Van Vader drops Mr. Sandman with a big power move, James E Cornette paces back and forth outside the ring with a sick smile on his face, over exaggerating the impact of the move and making his comments about how "Flyin" Brian is in "a world of hurting in three weeks!"

At one point during the match, Big Van Vader drops Mr. Sandman down to the canvas with a pumphandle slam that shakes the entire ring. Cornette outside the ring looks directly into the camera with a huge smile on his face, putting over the power of "his monster" and hypes up the idea that Pillman should just
    "save himself and just retreat now!" Big Van Vader puts the definitive exclamation point on Mr. Sandman when he comes crashing down with his signature Vader Bomb!! BAM! Vader picks up the pinfall and victory as commentary puts over the size and strength of Vader, and Schiavone builds up how ruthless and unstoppable Big Van Vader has been.

Spoiler:

Winner: Big Van Vader by pinfall

As soon as the bell rings, James E Cornette is right there to hop into the center of the ring to congratulate and hype up his monster Big Van Vader. Vader poses with his WCW World Television Championship draped around his right shoulder and Cornette screams into the camera shot in a menacing tone, "This is your shot Pillman! Get out, while you still can! Because my beast is comin' for you in three weeks!" Cornette spits on the motionless body of Mr. Sandman disrespectfully before he holds the ropes down for the 375 pound monster and the two leave the ring in a huff, Big Van Vader looking on with wide eyes.

Commercial Break

The "Terry Funk Of 1975" Is Dead

Cameras open up from the commercial break to show Eric Bischoff standing alongside professional wrestling legend Harley Race, who is sitting in the front row of the arena tonight. Bischoff once again builds up the heated and violent rivalry between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk, and Cactus Jack's direct challenge to Terry Funk earlier in the night. Bischoff coincides with Harley Race at ringside, asking him if he thinks that Terry Funk will accept Cactus Jack's challenge, and if so, what he thinks will happen when the two do end up going face to face against each other. Harley Race shakes his head in disappointment, "
    Honestly, I don't think anybody really gives a damn about this Cactus Jack guy. And as for Terry Funk, this washed up beaten down old man we see in the ring now is not the real Terry Funk. The Terry Funk of 1975 that this Jack fella talked about, well that Terry Funk is dead. We haven't seen that Terry Funk in several years, so if you're asking me if I think that Terry Funk is gonna accept this challenge...I think even if he did, it doesn't really matter. Funk doesn't belong in a wrestling ring any longer, and if it takes this fight to finally take him out of it, then I'm all for it."

Bischoff tries to question Harley Race more in depth about what he means about Funk being "too washed up", but Harley pushes the microphone out of his face and threatens to hit Bischoff if he doesn't leave him alone. Bischoff quickly scurries away from Race as the cameras focus in on Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbyszko in the commentary booth.

Before the next match begins, Tony Schiavone and Larry Zybszko go back and forth about what they think Terry Funk is gonna decide, and builds up how whatever Funk decides, "Is the commissioner being truthful about the carnage and brutality that Terry Funk and Cactus Jack would bring against one another? Could we possibly see something as crazy as the commissioner is saying?" Zbyszko makes the comment that even though he has known Terry Funk for a long time and truly understands his toughness, he has never faced a man quite as crazy and unhinged as Cactus Jack. Zbyszko looks directly into the camera with a concerned look on his face shaking his head, "Terry, don't take this match. Please. You can still be the Terry Funk we all love, you don't have anything to prove. Think about your family and your life Terry, don't do this."

Another graphic pops up on the screen building up the huge main event US Championship match between "Ravishing" Rick Rude and rookie Johnny B Badd. Zbyszko quickly switches gears and hypes up Rude as the most dominant US Champion there has ever been, and sells how nobody has been able to take the belt off of him yet, and that Johnny B Badd doesn't stand a chance! Schiavone on the reverse side mentions how Rude has not defended his belt since he won it, and that Johnny B Badd beat him last week, and very well could beat him tonight...and that even if he can't beat him, he has to face 2 Cold Scorpio in just three weeks at SuperBrawl II.

Normal Tag Team Match
    British Invasion (Lord Steven Regal & Dynamite Kidd) versus The StarRiders (Tom Zenk & Marcus Alexander Bagwell)

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    The match turns out to be the most competitive match that British Invasion has had in several weeks. The British Invasion continue to showcase their brutality and viciousness, but The StarRiders refuse to lay down for them and end up hitting some high spots in the match that gives the crowd hope that British Invasion might finally be getting their comeuppance. The StarRiders utilize their high flying and speed double team moves, but The British Invasion find a way to turn it around in their favor. After a few short nearfalls for The StarRiders, Lord Steven Regal capitalizes on a failed diving crossbody from Tom Zenk and snaps on his vicious Regal Stretch. Regal pulls harder and harder on Zenk's neck, but just as it looks like he is about to tap out, Zenk finds a way to get to the bottom rope to break it up. Regal jumps back up to his feet in a rage and starts kicking Zenk as hard as he can in the back. The referee tries to pull him away, but Regal pushes the referee to the side and just keeps kicking at Zenk's back.

The referee finally is able to pull Regal away from Zenk, but as the referee's back is turned, Dynamite Kidd darts into the ring and comes down on Zenk's lower back with an elbow. BAM! Zenk screams out in pain reaching for his tag team partner on the other side of the ring. Bagwell not wanting to "break the rules" of getting into the ring before a tag just stands in his corner and reaches his arm out at Zenk. Kidd looks at Bagwell with a ruthless look on his face and storms over to him head first, slamming his head and shoulder into Bagwell's torso, causing him to fly off the ring apron and crash down onto the steel barricade at ringside. Kidd quickly turns around and connects with a punt to the back of the head of Zenk for good measure, before the referee turns back around and focuses on getting Kidd out of the ring and into his corner. Regal starts working on Zenk again and ends up throwing him over the top rope and to the outside of the ring. The referee tries to pull at Regal to stop Regal from going outside the ring to get Zenk, but Regal pushes the referee down and gets out of the ring.

Dynamite Kidd hops down from the ring apron and smiles at Regal with a sadistic smile on his face. The two pick up Zenk into a vertical suplex and slam him back first onto the steel ring steps at ringside!!! The referee immediately calls for the bell with a disqualification, clearly not being able to maintain control of the match.

Spoiler:

Winners: The StarRiders by disqualification

The crowd continues to boo The British Invasion as they continue their assault on an already beaten down Tom Zenk outside the ring. The timekeeper rings the bell profusely, but it doesn't stop the sadistic Regal and Dynamite Kidd as they kick at Tom Zenk on the ground, working on his lower back that was just crushed onto the steel ring steps at ringside. But the post match attack is quickly cut short when the WCW Commissioner Bill Watts storms out through the curtain with several security guards behind him. Watts with a microphone already in his hand is able to get Regal and Kidd away from Tom Zenk with the assistance of his security, and reiterates once again that British Invasion doing all this will not earn them a tag team title match. Regal and Kidd go irate and start acting as if they are going to attack the members of security, but Watts stops them dead in their tracks when he announces that in three weeks at SuperBrawl he is gonna give them a couple of monsters who will be "glad to rip them to shreds."

Regal and Kidd look at each other with sarcastically scared looks on their faces and demand that Watts tell them who these "monsters" are. Watts grins and tells them that they
    "will just have to wait and see", before he turns around to walk away and security starts to push Regal and Kidd up the ramp and away from the injured Tom Zenk. Commentary speculates about who these "two monsters" are that Bill Watts is referring to, and if they will finally be able to put a lid on these blatantly vicious attacks from British Invasion week in and week out.

Commercial Break

Dustin Rhodes Has Made This Too Personal

Cameras slowly open up from the commercial break to show a panaromic shot of a large brick house with a pool in the backyard. A graphic in the corner of the screen reads, "Taped earlier today.." as the camera shot circles around the house and then focuses in on Eric Bischoff sitting alongside Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in regular clothes with his wife on the couch with tears in her eyes, obviously still distraught from the happenings last week with Dustin Rhodes. Eric Bischoff thanks Steamboat for letting him conduct this interview, and even though Steamboat is very cordial with Bischoff, the look on his face is a determined and cold hearted stare. Bischoff recaps the set of recent events where Dustin Rhodes forcibly kissed Steamboat's wife at the end of Steamboat's match last week, and asks Steamboat what else can happen between him and Rhodes going forward into SuperBrawl. Steamboat shakes his head in disappointment and starts to cut an emotional and very heartfelt promo about how he has no idea where else this can go, and that it killed him inside having to watch Dustin Rhodes shove his "disgusting tongue" into his wife's mouth.

"But I knew I couldn't do anything and I had to just wait, because if not, I would be without a job. And to think that I can't protect my own wife from something that vile and disgusting in fear of losing my job...I just, I don't understand how that's fair at all. Who was protecting my wife's rights? Ya know the commissioner and everyone else wants to put stipulations in that I can't touch Dustin Rhodes until SuperBrawl in order to maintain safety for Dustin Rhodes, well who is maintaining safety for my wife? Dustin Rhodes doesn't care about the rules. Dustin Rhodes doesn't care about my family. Dustin Rhodes doesn't care about some set of morals. Dustin Rhodes is a piece of garbage. I don't know if you remember, but this is the young kid who literally slapped his own father in the face, and had no regard for him whatsoever than to spit on his own father. Yet I'm the bad guy because I want to step in and stop this kid? I just...I just don't know Eric. It almost makes me not want to show up on the show until SuperBrawl, because I can't promise that I will be able to control myself if I have to look across the hall and see that scumbag."

Bischoff apologizes for the recent incident with Steamboat's wife and
    expresses the amount of disrespect that Dustin Rhodes has and how Steamboat's wife must feel completely violated after what Dustin did to hear last week. Steamboat cuts Bischoff off mid sentence, "You're damn right she feels violated. He had no right, NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to put his hands on my wife like that. Listen, I don't care what he does to me. Because I've been telling him for weeks and weeks now, I'll take you out when we finally step in the ring together one on one, there's no doubt about that. But for him to put his hands on my wife and try to get between me and my family, there's no excuse for that and quite frankly there's no turning back from that. Dustin Rhodes has made this way too personal between us. And I understand why he's doing it. He's trying to playing mind games and he's trying to get into my head, because he knows deep down inside, that one on one he doesn't even stand a chance in the ring against me. He knows what's coming to him at SuperBrawl. But he's wanting me to retaliate and lose my temper and go off so he doesn't have to face me at SuperBrawl, and then he can come out and talk all big and bad about how he retired Ricky Steamboat. No, that's not gonna happen. I'm not gonna put my hands on him, and every single thing that he is doing to me and my family and everything else is just being stacked up inside of me...and I'll make him pay for every single thing that he has done. I promise you that."

Bischoff clears his throat and takes a deep breath before asking Steamboat if he has anything he would like to say to Dustin Rhodes. Steamboat chuckles to himself and shakes his head before staring directly into the camera shot with wide eyes,
    "Dustin, I don't have anything to say to you but one thing. Keep runnin' your mouth and keep trying to run away from the truth at hand, but in three weeks at SuperBrawl I'm gonna make you regret every single thing that you have done over the past two months. I'm gonna make you bleed and I'm gonna make scream out in pain. And Dustin, I'm gonna teach you what this business is all about, respect..even if I have to beat that respect into you."

Cameras fade to black before panning the crowd inside the arena with commentary building the intense words from Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, and hyping the emotional match up between Dustin Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat in three weeks at SuperBrawl II.

Normal Singles Match

"The Natural" Dustin Rhodes versus Jushin Thunder Liger

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    The match starts out hot from the very beginning with Jushin Thunder Liger not wasting any time trying to prove that he belongs in the same league with The Natural, but like the typical dastardly heel, Dustin Rhodes cheapshots Liger several times to break his momentum with eye rakes and anything else that Rhodes can throw at him. Rhodes tries to make an example out of Liger, hitting slam after slam on Liger and then following up with slaps to the back of the head in a mocking manner, but it backfires when Liger is able to duck underneath a forearm spot and then wrap his legs around the neck of Dustin Rhodes, hitting a hurricarana out of nowhere on him! Rhodes is knocked off the kilter a little bit, but after just a few moments he gathers himself together and looks at Liger with wide eyes. Rhodes grits his teeth together in anger and in a state of fury darts at Liger, knocking him back down to the canvas with a front kick to his shin followed up with a knee to the face. Rhodes starts pounding away on Liger viciously, not letting up on him and clearly directing his anger and frustration on the Japanese sensation, screaming out "this is for you Ricky!" But just as it looks like Rhodes is about to get a slight upperhand over Liger, Thunder stays in the game by connecting with a high spot of his own to level out the playing ground, most notably when he is able to connect with a super brainbuster off the top rope followed up with a climatic shooting star press!

But just as he goes for the pinfall, The Natural finds a way to kick out at the count of two. Liger looks completely lost on what to dish out next, as it looks like neither man are able to capitalize on any momentum. Liger goes to pick Rhodes up one more time, but as he picks Rhodes up, Dustin headbutts Liger with a shot that is borderline illegal, and then follows up with a running lariat off the ropes! Rhodes holds the back of his head, still feeling the effects from the super brainbuster off the top rope...but this doesn't stop Rhodes, and instead actually motivates him to finally finish Liger off with a rebound bulldog! BAM! Liger is wiped out in the center of the ring as Rhodes anxiously lifts his leg up for the pin, 1...2...3! Dustin Rhodes wins!

Spoiler:

Winner: "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes by pinfall

After the match is over, "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes is pretty beaten up himself, but is still livid about Liger holding his own in the match. Rhodes in a fury picks up Liger onto his knees and throws him head first out of the ring through the middle ropes and to the outside of the ring in a huff. Rhodes paces back and forth in the center of the ring, holding the back of his head and looking at the crowd with a sadistic smile on his face. Eric Bischoff runs down to the ring with a microphone in his hand wanting to catch a word with him. Bischoff anxiously runs over to Rhodes and wastes no time asking him if he feels that he is ready for Ricky Steamboat in three weeks at SuperBrawl II point blank. Rhodes laughs in his typical heelish way and puts his threatening hand on Bischoff's shoulder, cutting a promo about how Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is the definition of a failure. Rhodes goes on and on about how Steamboat and all the other supposed "legends" in the professional wrestling world have tried to hold him down for years, because they are scared that the greatest legend of all is standing in the center of this ring right now, and that he will embarass their entire legacies.

Rhodes with a smirk slowly pulls out a pair of women's silky panties from his tights,
    "But Ricky, being a failure in professional wrestling isn't the only thing you're failing at. Ya see Ricky, these might not look familiar to you, because you quite frankly haven't seen them yet. But Mrs. Steamboat, this is a little present for you. Ya see I understand why you're so upset right now, crying on the couch and feeling as if you're gonna have a nervous breakdown. You're upset because when The Natural grabbed you by your waist and pulled you in, you finally understood what it was like to be with a real man. And when The Natural pressed his lips against yours, all of your dreams and deepest fantasies became a reality. AND NOW you're just in a state of depression knowing that you have to go back to the same old run of the mill Ricky Steamboat. But honey, heh, I'm gonna give you one more chance to crawl into bed with a real man."

Dustin starts sniffing the laced panties and rubbing them softly along his lips with a sick smile on his face, "Just imagine how great you'll feel with these sexy panties on as you feel your body arch up against mine. Mmmm can you feel it right now Mrs. Steamboat? Heh.." Rhodes pulls the panties away from his face and looks intensely into the camera shot with wide eyes, "Ricky, I told you a month and a half ago that I was gonna rip your career, your legacy, and your entire livelyhood away from you because you don't deserve it. The fact that you're a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion makes me absolutely sick!!! The fact that you have held the World Heavyweight Championship while you and all my daddy's friends held down the greatest professional wrestler in the history of this business, just so that you could stay on top is the biggest disgrace and black mark on this entire industry. I told you Ricky that I would take your career, your legacy, and you're respect...and now after I kick your ass at SuperBrawl, I'll be taking your wife as well!"

Rhodes slingshots the panties towards the camera and goes to walk off. But before he walks completely out of the shot, he stops dead in his tracks, slowly turns around, and with an arrogant smirk on his face whispers into the camera,
    "Mrs. Steamboat, heh, I'll meet ya in the limousine after our match. See ya in three weeks baby." Rhodes blows a soft kiss towards the camera and struts away from Bischoff and out of the ring as the cameras fade to a commercial break.

Spoiler:

Commercial Break

Win This Match, And We'll Steal The Show At SuperBrawl

Cameras slowly open up from the commercial break to show Johnny B Badd warming up backstage, bouncing up and down and "boxing" in the mirror. Several lower card wrestlers walk over to him and hype him up for his huge WCW United States Championshp match tonight against Ravishing Rick Rude. PN News reassures Badd that all he has to do is keep his sights set on the US Championship, and that he will be right there to open up the champagne when the new US Champion is crowned. Badd takes in their positive feedback and in his own unique way tells him that he is not gonna let Rude walk away with a victory tonight, just like he beat him last week. 2 Cold Scorpio is the last one to walk up to Badd and the two stare each other down for a few seconds before Scorpio smiles at Badd and pats him on the shoulder, telling him that he will be rooting for him tonight, and that it will be up to them to steal the show at SuperBrawl in three weeks. Badd smiles and shakes Scorpio's hand, fired up about his huge title match. "Baby I'm the star of the show tonight, and the sequel is gonna be better than the original baby when we go toe to toe in that squared circle! OWWWWW! YA HEARD MEEE??" Badd bounces away and Scorpio just stands there with a chuckle shaking his head while commentary builds up how huge of an opportunity this is for Badd, and that Rude is gonna be forced to put up or shut up tonight!

The Sit Down

The scene slowly opens up in the sound studio to show Tony Schiavone sitting alongside the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger on his right, and the #1 contender Sting on his left with a graphic on the bottom of the screen reading "Taped Earlier Today." Luger looks at Sting with a disgusted look on his face for a moment before he slowly transitions it into an arrogant smirk, while leaning back on his chair in a very "full of himself" demeanor. Sting though however is sitting straight up in his chair with wide eyes staring a hole deep into Lex Luger, not taking his eyes off of him, as Schiavone sits there looking as uncomfortable as ever. Schiavone thanks the two for joining him tonight to talk about what some are referring to as the most monumental and emotional WCW World Heavyweight Championship match ever in professional wrestling happening in just three weeks at SuperBrawl II. Luger arrogantly smirks at Sting and continues to slowly chew his gum, clearly not taking the sit down interview at all seriously. Schiavone builds up the title match at SuperBrawl as the dawning of a new era in World Championship Wrestling with two bitter rivals and ex best friends. Schiavone reflects the first question at Luger, asking him what his game plan is going into SuperBrawl in just three weeks. Luger scoffs at Schiavone's comment that he has a "gameplan", and starts to cut an extremely boastful promo about how he is going into SuperBrawl for one reason, and it's the same reason he goes into that ring every single time, and that is "to win."

"It's as simple as that Tony. I am going into SuperBrawl to win. I don't care about if some fat elephant woman in the front row cheers me or some snotty nosed half handicapped ten year old wants to dress like me. I am going into this match in three weeks to win and prove why I am the best damn professional wrestler in the world, period. And quite frankly, I don't even know why Sting is deciding to even show up. No one has been able to take this belt away from me. I have beaten them all. I got rid of Barry Windham, the last guy who THOUGHT he could take this title away from me. And now I'm looking at some idiot in face paint who can't even go ten seconds without crying about how he lost a best friend. Give me a break."

Sting doesn't say a word and just continues to sit up in his chair staring at Lex Luger and seething at every single word Lex says. Lex props his feet up onto the table in a very disrespectful and rebellious way, "Sting couldn't hold a candle to my greatness", which immediately illicits a raucous and emotional reaction from the #1 contender who goes completely off.
    "I'm so sick and tired of this bull! Look at me, Lex! This isn't a game! You better get real serious buddy, DEAD SERIOUS. Because SuperBrawl is coming fast, and you better get real serious about trying to hold onto that title. All bets are off. I'm not walking into SuperBrawl to have a classic wrestling match with you Lex, we're passed that! I'm walking in there for blood and to rip that belt away from you, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do!"

Luger clinches onto his World Heavyweight Championship belt with both hands and slowly rises up from his chair to sit up at the edge of his seat, staring intensely at Sting. The two stare deep into each other's eyes with
    visual hatred and Lex with a soft but intense tone in his voice, almost in a whisper, directs his attention to Sting, "You want honesty Sting? I'm looking right at you. Do you want my honest advice on what I think you should do? Sting take this advice, do your fans, your family, and most of all yourself a favor...don't show up to SuperBrawl.Go back to California, "ride your waves" or whatever the hell you fruitcakes call it, and leave the wrestling business to the real men. Because when you look in the mirror every single morning to put that makeup on and bleach your hair, there is no possible way you can see a real man staring back at you. I see it every single day of my life when I look in the mirror. This belt deserves to be around the waist of a real man, and between you and me Sting, there's no comparison to who the real man is. But this belt right here isn't what makes me the greatest professional wrestler to ever step foot into WCW, I already am. What this belt does is serve a purpose. This belt doesn't define Lex Luger. Actually on the contrary Sting, Lex Luger defines this belt, and this belt on anyone else is just a prop. I don't care if it's you, Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, whoever..it's just a prop. But this belt on Lex Luger is a symbol of my excellence in that ring, and my excellence in everything that I do AS A MAN. And Sting, you've absolutely went off the deep end if you think that I am EVER going to relinquish this belt to any lesser man. And yeah Sting, that includes you."

Sting throws all the ornaments and papers off the table thats sits beside them in a rage and gets face to face with Lex Luger screaming at him,
    "You think that belt doesn't matter to me?! That belt is the only thing that I have left! I have that belt and I have my fans, and I don't plan on losing either one of them in three weeks at SuperBrawl! You don't understand Lex, you made me realize why I did get into this business. You're right. I got in this business to be the best that stepped foot in that ring. But that belt isn't just some prop to me either, I need to beat you Lex. I need it more than anything you could ever imagine. At Starrcade when I eliminated every single person in that battlebowl I had one thing in my mind, and that was the World Heavyweight Championship belt. And Lex now that my eyes are open, the only thing that stands in my way to that World Heavyweight Championship belt...is you."

Sting's eyes widen even more as he stands up from his seat and puts his finger three inches from Lex's face,
    "And Lex, I'm gonna run you down because NOTHING is stopping me from that World Heavyweight Championship belt. IT'S SHOWTIME, CHAMP!!!" Lex jumps out of his seat in a huff as well and gets face to face with Sting. They stare deep into each other's eyes and are both breathing heavily, both clearly very emotional and heated from the build up to SuperBrawl. Schiavone softly tries to calm him down from his seat, being at a loss for what to do to bring it down, but the two pay no attention to Schiavone and just continue to stare each other down. "Okay Sting. Show up in three weeks. It's gonna be the worst mistake made in your entire life."

Luger scoffs at Sting and turns to walk away. But before the camera fades to black for a commercial, Sting screams towards Lex, "I'M COUNTIN' ON IT!"

Spoiler:

Commercial Break

Normal Tag Team Match
    The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scotty Steiner) versus The York Foundation (Michael WallStreet & Terrance Taylor w/Alexandra York)

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    The York Foundation try to double team Rick Steiner in the early going, but Rick Steiner is able to catch Terrance Taylor in mid air and drop him several times with several german suplexes. The match goes back and forth with The York Foundation putting up a pretty solid fight against the tag team #1 contenders. But the match slowly starts to drift into the Steiners favor when Rick Steiner is able to wipe both WallStreet and Taylor out with double clotheslines off the top rope, followed up with a side belly to belly suplex by Scotty Steiner, throwing Michael WallStreet out of the ring completely! Scott and Rick Steiner beat down Michael WallStreet who is left alone in the ring. But just as the legal man Scotty Steiner picks WallStreet up for the military press slam, Terrance Taylor dives at Scotty's knees and takes him out. But other than that, The Steiners continue to decimate The York Foundation for the rest of the match, with The Foundation's last real shot at flipping the pendelum of WallStreet hitting Rick with the signature briefcase over the head. But it backfires when Scotty jumps over top of Rick Steiner and drives the briefcase into the face of WallStreet with a dropkick! BAM! WallStreet falls down like a ton of bricks and Scotty Steiner is right there to wipe out Terrance Taylor on the ring apron with a spear through the middle ropes. Rick Steiner rips off the top of his wrestling singlet and starts stalking down the laid out WallStreet. WallStreet starts to move around a little bit, but Rick Steiner is right there to pick him up onto his knees and starts slamming him several times down to the canvas with hard suplexes one after another after another. Rick finishes WallStreet off with a running backbody drop off the ropes! Steiner covers WallStreet for the pinfall, and takes the victory!

Spoiler:

Winners: The Steiner Brothers by pinfall

As soon as the bell rings, Scotty Steiner rushes over to Rick Steiner to celebrate with his brother as the crowd in attendance is going absolutely nuts for the presumed future world tag team champions! Rick and Scotty pose for the cheering crowd as Schiavone builds them up as the toughest and most technical tag team in professional wrestling today, and sells the fact that Anderson and Eaton have to be looking at this right now and realizing that they are going to have the biggest fight of their tag team careers in three weeks at SuperBrawl. Both Steiners pace back and forth in the ring for a few moments before Rick Steiner snatches the microphone out of the ring announcer's hand and cut a promo on Anderson and Eaton, calling them out to the ring to start SuperBrawl early and stop with the sneak attack BS.

But once again, Anderson and Eaton do not come out, and instead their manager Paul E Dangerously storms out through the curtain with an irritated look on his face. Dangerously already with a microphone in his hand
    cuts a promo on The Steiners as he makes his way down the ramp, calling them uneducated meatheads who don't realize how the business side of this industry works. Dangerously is out to tell them that unfortunately the world tag team champions had a prior engagement and were not able to make it to the arena tonight, but that they did send a message through him that they cannot wait until SuperBrawl when they can prove there is no other team in the world today who has the ability to take the world tag team title belts away from them. Dangerously gets onto the ring apron and warns The Steiners of what Anderson and Eaton are going to do to them at SuperBrawl, and that they had their chance to back out of the tag team title match, but now Anderson and Eaton are gonna be forced to embarass them in the ring and show the wrestling fans just how inexperienced and inepct they really are in the ring.

The Steiners smile at Dangerously and start walking closer over to him.
    Dangerously is clearly getting more nervous as he looks around anxiously and starts to try and find a quick escape plan. But Dangerously continues cutting his promo about how Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton already kicked their asses in a fight just a few weeks ago, and that in three weeks, they are going to dominate them in an actual match, because unlike The Steiners, "Arn Anderson and Beautiful Bobby Eaton can both fight AND wrestle!" Rick cuts Dangerously off and makes the revelation to Dangerously that it seems as though if Anderson and Eaton are scared of what would happen if they did come out here before SuperBrawl, which is why they had to send out their gopher to the ring tonight. Dangerously takes exception to being called a gopher and goes to snap right back at them, but is quickly derailed when Scotty Steiner darts at Dangerously to grab him. Dangerously quickly drops down from the ring apron and runs up the ramp in debiliating fear.

Dangerously turns around on top of the ramp and screams,
    "What in the hell is the matter with you two? Ric Flair wants to talk about Ron Simmons being on steroids, you're the idiots they need to test for steroids! Listen, I don't care how many amateur wrestling titles either one of you idiots have won, in three weeks at SuperBrawl there is no way you're taking my clients' world tag team title belts away! And when you two step into that steel cage in three weeks, I'm personally gonna salivate at the sight of Beautiful Bobby and Arn Anderson scraping your faces against that solid steel, making you two pathetic idiots even uglier than you already are!"

The Steiners jump out of the ring and act as if they are gonna chase Dangerously, but Dangerously erractically runs to once again escape another Steiner Brothers attack! Commentary builds up the steel cage tag team title match in three weeks, while Zbsyzko as the perfect heel commentator and former Dangerous Alliance member, sells Anderson and Eaton as the greatest tag team champions the world has ever seen, and that The Steiner Brothers are gonna lose in record time in three weeks at SuperBrawl!

There's No Man In This World That Terry Funk Is Afraid Of

The scene opens up backstage to show Eric Bischoff standing alongside former WCW talent, Ricky Morton. Bischoff asks Morton his personal opinion on if he thinks that Terry Funk is gonna accept Cactus Jack's challenge. Morton chuckles to himself and tells Bischoff in no uncertain terms that there is "no way in hell" that Terry Funk is gonna decline a challenge from Cactus Jack. Morton builds the legendary career of Terry Funk and focuses on Terry Funk being single handedly the toughest man in the entire world. Morton tells a story of how he was in a bar with Terry Funk and that he witnessed Funk literally take out 10 guys in a bar with just a beer bottle and his fists. "And that's the thing, the man doesn't care about pain. It's like he don't even feel it. There was a man in this bar who literally took a wooden chair and broke it over Terry's head, A WOODEN CHAIR and broke it over this son of a gun's head, and this lunatic didn't even sell it! He turned around, poked the guy's out..alright...and then proceeded to take a piece of the wooden chair and beat the livin' hell of the guy with it. The guy is crazy, and he is unhinged, and wild, and just nuts...but there is no man in this world that Terry Funk is afraid of. So yes absolutely. I know it, I KNOW he is gonna accept that man's challenge. And Cactus, heh brother you better be ready, because Terry Funk is gonna whupp your behind, and aint comin out of that ring until he's dead."

Morton walks away from Bischoff to embrace some other wrestlers in the hallway. Bischoff shakes his head with a perplexed look on his face and builds up the challenge from Cactus Jack one last time, telling the audience that he received word from the production truck that Terry Funk said he will be here before the end of the night to give an answer to Cactus Jack.

Commercial Break

Dreams Crushed At The Hands Of The Ravishing One

Cameras slowly fade back in from the commercial break as Missy Hyatt is standing alongside the WCW United States Champion "Ravishing" Rick Rude and his manager Paul E Dangerously and valet Madusa. All three of them have what looks to be very disgruntled looks on their faces, as Missy Hyatt builds up the huge United States Championship match that Rude has coming up against Johnny B Badd. Paul E Dangerously cuts Hyatt off and starts to cut a scathing and vicious promo on Johnny B Badd, and the way that Badd was able to secure a spot as the #1 contender. Dangerously criticizes Badd for hitting below the belt, when he used the United States Championship belt to his advantage to drop Rude's face on top of it. Every single thing that Dangerously says, the camera can pick up the anger in Rude's face and the seething anger he has going forward as he clinches his fists. Dangerously sells the idea that Rude had Badd beaten fair and square in the center of the ring last week, but that the commissioner of WCW didn't see fit to do anything about Badd and his brand of winning.

Rude cuts off Dangerously in mid sentence and looks at the camera with wide eyes and a furious look on his face.
    Rude screams at Dangerously that it doesn't matter what happened last week, because he will not be caught off guard again. Rude starts to cut a promo that the days of him being screwed over by low lifes who don't even deserve to be in the same ring as him...are over. Rude builds himself up as the greatest pound for pound athlete in the entire sport of professional wrestling, and that all these upsets are just flukes in an effort to try and break his momentum and spirit. Dangerously tries to calm Rude down, but Rude goes off and pushes Dangerously to the side and screams into the camera that tonight is gonna be the end of Johnny B Badd, and in three weeks he is going to rip 2 Cold Scorpio limb from limb by not just reinjuring him, but kicking him out of WCW for good.

Rude holds up his WCW United States Championship belt to the camera,
    "Ya see this? Take a good look at this Badd. Take a good look at this Scorpio. This is as close as either one of you disgusting parasites are ever going to get to this belt. Because this belt belongs to Ravishing Rick Rude. This belt IS RAVISHING RICK RUDE! And I'll be damned if either one of you are gonna take it away from me. I promise you, I PROMISE, I am gonna pin you in that ring tonight Badd. And Scorpio, heh, not only am I gonna pin you in three weeks, but I'm gonna do worse to you than that. I'm going to put you in a hospital bed where you can't do anything but turn on the tv and watch the real superstar at work, the greatest man alive, YOUR WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPION, RAVISHING RICK RUDE!!!" Rude throws the microphone down in a huff and storms away, screaming for Dangerously and Madusa to "COME ON!"

WCW United States Championship Match

"Ravishing" Rick Rude (c) (w/Paul E Dangerously & Madusa) versus Johnny B Badd

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    Before the match begins, commentary shows a replay of last night on WorldWide when Rick Rude attacked Johnny B Badd after his match. Commentary sells Rude as someone who is on the brink of a mental breakdown, and that if he loses to Badd tonight, there is no telling where he is gonna end up after tonight. Before the match starts, Rude stares at Badd from the corner of the ring, not taking his eyes off of Badd and glaring at him with piercing eyes. But as soon as the bell rings, Johnny B Badd comes off hot right out of the gate, connecting with several clotheslines on the US Champion. After the first four clotheslines though, Rick Rude quickly slides out of the ring to regain his composure. Paul E Dangerously is right there to coach Rude and try and get his focus back into the game as Madusa wipes off Rude's face with a small hand towel. Rude is in a rage and slides back into the ring, but this time Badd connects with a dropkick, sending Rude flying out of the ring through the middle ropes. Badd hypes himself up in the ring bouncing up and down and posing for the crowd, which only makes Rude even more angry.

Dangerously sees this opportunity to jump up onto the ring apron to act as if he is going to get into the ring, which temporarily distracts Badd long enough for Rude to slide back into the ring and come up from behind Badd, slamming him down to the hard canvas with a back body slam! BAM! Rude starts putting the boots to Badd, taking out all his frusration on the young rookie as commentary sells the anger and frustration that Rude has felt for weeks.
    The match goes back and forth with Rude not allowing Badd the upperhand to catch him off guard as he did last week. Several nearfalls in the match allow for Badd and Rude both to look as strong as ever, but Badd's most nostable nearfall comes when he is able to drop Rude with a swinging neckbreaker, followed up with his signature TKO! But just as he goes for the pinfall on Rude, The Ravishing one is able to somehow someway kick out at the count of two. Badd looks at the referee with a completely distraught look on his face, clearly drained from everything he has thrown at the US Champion. Badd goes to pick up Rude once again, but this time Rude is right there to knee him in the gut and drive him into the hard canvas with his Rude Awakening! BAM!

Rude doesn't go for the pinfall on Badd though and instead screams at the referee to get out of his way so that he can do it again. Rude bends over and screams into Badd's face before picking him up again, "YOU'RE NOT GONNA EMBARASS THE US CHAMP AGAIN! GET OUT OF MY RING!" Rude picks the lifeless Badd up and then proceeds to drop him once again, this time even harder than before with his devastating Rude Awakening! Badd is laid completely out in the center of the ring leaving Rude with the opportunity to this time cover him for the decisive pinfall, 1...2..3!! Rude is still the WCW United States Champion!

Spoiler:

Winner: "Ravishing" Rick Rude by pinfall to Remain the WCW United States Champion

As the match finally comes to a close, Rick Rude taunts at the booing crowd and Paul E Dangerously along with Madusa quickly slide into the ring to drape the United States Championship belt over the shoulder of the DEFENDING and REIGNING champion. Rude still in a huff is absolutely irate and screams for the referees to "roll that fat disgusting pig out of his ring!"Rude is holding his lower back though, selling everything that Johnny B Badd took out of him tonight with Tony Schiavone on commentary putting over the extraordinary effort in the ring tonight by Johnny B Badd, while Zybszko scoffs at Tony's disregard of Rude and builds Rude up as the greatest US Champion there has ever been, and calls Badd "just another failure!" Rude looks into the camera shot with an aggressive tone and screams that 2 Cold Scorpio is gonna find out real quick too why you don't test a god like athlete like himself.

But before the three can get out of the ring, the
    #1 contender 2 Cold Scorpio comes walking out through the curtain to confront his challenger at SuperBrawl. Rude is ready for Scorpio though and starts walking backwards motioning for Scorpio to get into the ring. Scorpio doesn't waste any time and after he gets into the ring he walks right up to Rude, getting face to face with him. Most of the time Scorpio is all smiles, but this time he looks as determined as ever as the two stare each other down, while Dangerously tries to tug away at Rude to get out of the ring with him. But Rude doesn't stand down and just stares right back into the eyes of 2 Cold Scorpio. Rude starts mouthing off at Scorpio about how this match should be a lesson for him to prepare for the inevitable. Scorpio doesn't say a word and just stands there face to face with Rude staring deep into his eyes. Rude holds up his WCW United States Championship right in front of Scorpio's face and screams that Scorpio "is never gonna even come close to getting his hands on this belt." Finally, Dangerously is able to pull Rude out of the ring reluctantly. Scorpio and Rude stare each other down as Rude walks backwards up the ramp, screaming down to the ring "that he is next!"

Commercial Break

You're Damn Right I Want You At SuperBrawl

Cameras come back from the commercial break to show Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbyszko at the commentary booth, with Schiavone continuing to put over the tremendous effort of Johnny B Badd in the previous main event against Rick Rude. Commentary builds up for the extremely emotional match up in three weeks at SuperBrawl for the United States Championship between "Ravishing" Rick Rude and 2 Cold Scorpio, in which 2 Cold Scorpio is still completely undefeated by Rick Rude. But before commentary can continue building much longer, Terry Funk's music blares over the PA and the crowd immediately erupts into a unison of cheering and "Terry" chants.

Terry Funk walks out through the curtain with a fearless look on his face, making his way down to the ring apparently ready to give Cactus Jack his answer on if he will accept his "challenge" for a fight at SuperBrawl. Funk gets into the ring and circles inside the ring a few times hyping up the crowd and getting them amped for Funk's acceptance or denial. Funk grabs the microphone from the ring announcer and cuts his music off.
    Funk pauses for a few seconds before starting his promo, looking back and forth at the riotous crowd who seems to be as pro Funk as they have ever been. Terry Funk screams out with passion, "YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I WANT YOUR ASS AT SUPERBRAWL!!!" The crowd pops with excitement and commentary sells the huge moment as the bravest thing that Terry Funk has ever agreed to!

"Mister Cactus Jack, I have listened to you...and I have watched you week in and week out try to make a mockery of this wrestlingggg business and try to make a mockery of what Terry Funk is. You want to show pictures of yourself growing up trying to say that I ruined you. And that it WAS ME who ruined professional wrestling for you, and that I was responsible for destroying your virgin like innocence. Heh, well Cactussss, if I would've known you back then I would've made sure you never even BROKE into this professionalll wrestling business. I ate little whiny brittle cryin sissies like you for breakfast! I would've beaten you down like a dirty dirty DIRTY dogggg for ever thinkin' you were even tough enough to enter into this business! I would've broken you Cactus Jackkkk, heh, but ya see, that's why SuperBrawl is so important. That's why it's exactly what I have to do at SuperBrawl. Because Cactus this isn't gonna be some little wrestling match. This isn't gonna be some little bout where a referee rings the bell when it gets just a little too violent or bloody. Cactus, this is gonna be a damn massacre! Did I say massacre? I said a bloody violent unadulterated massacre Misterrrrr Cactusssss Jackkkk! Because when I look at you...when I look at the man, THE MANNN, that you are in this ring and when I look at the man who whines and cries and festers on trying to make a name for himself on the legacy of Terry Funk and on the legacy and tradition of the Funk name, well, it just gets me a little out of my mind. But when I think of what ole Terry Funk is gonna do to the poor bast***, well it just makes me...want to...ahhhh!!"

Terry Funk rips his shirt off in several pieces and starts getting more and more angry screaming into the microphone,
    "It makes me just want to take a time machine and go back to that little whiny sissy and beat him so far out of this great wonderful and beautiful business that we never would've even known the egggg suckinnnn dogggg who calls himself, CAAAAAAACCCTUSSS JACCKKKKKKK!! In three weeks I'm taking us all back in that time machine to bludgeon him out of this business FOREVER! FOREVER!!! FOREVER FOREVER FOREVER!!! And there isn't a damn thing that anyone can do to stop the destruction of little old and helpless CACCCCTUUUSS JACKKKKKK!!"

Terry Funk bounces off the ropes a few times getting more aggressive, punching himself several times in the face drawing blood across his face. But as soon as Funk makes himself start to bleed, a raging and psychotic Cactus Jack jumps the barricade at ringside and slides into the ring, wiping out Terry Funk from behind!! BAM!! Cactus Jack in a psychotic rage starts pounding away on Terry Funk, relentlessly doing everything he can to take out all his frustration and hate on the wrestling legend. But as he picks Funk back up to his feet to hit his signature DDT, Funk starts fighting back and swinging his own stiff shots at Cactus Jack!

The two brawl around the ring as several security officers jump into the ring to restrain them, but Cactus Jack and Terry Funk do not care and after they take out a few security officers they go right back to fighting each other, brawling around the ring unloading shot after shot as commentary puts over how violent this has gotten between them, and that they
    "may not even make it to SuperBrawl!" Finally, the numbers game of security outweighs Funk and Cactus Jack, and the two are being physically restrained from one another.

Cameras come to a close and both Funk and Cactus Jack kick their legs out trying to do anything they can to get back to each other to inflict more pain but the scene fades leaving the show on an unpredictable, yet exciting note!

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Quick Results
    Spoiler:

Big Van Vader def. Mr. Sandman via pinfall at 3:45
    The StarRiders def. The British Invasion via disqualification at 6:01
    "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes def. Jushin Thunder Liger via pinfall at 9:11

The Steiner Brothers def. The York Foundation via pinfall at 8:56
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude def. Johnny B Badd via pinfall at 11:00 to Remain the WCW United States Champion

UPCOMING PAY PER VIEW

WCW SUPER BRAWL II Card
    (Card Subject To Change)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    "The Total Package" Lex Luger (c) versus Sting

WCW World Tag Team Championship Steel Cage Match
    "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson & "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton (c) versus The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scotty Steiner)

"Ravishing" Rick Rude (c) versus 2 Cold Scorpio

Grudge Match
    ::If Simmons Loses, He Is Gone From WCW Forever::
    "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair versus "The All American" Ron Simmons

Non-Sanctioned Match
    Cactus Jack versus Terry Funk

Grudge Match

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat versus "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes

WCW World Television Championship Match
    Big Van Vader (c) versus "Flyin" Brian Pillman

Last edited by Charlemm1; 08-13-2018 at 03:37 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

February 9 1992 -
    1. World Championship Wrestling is proud to announce that the formerly syndicated program "WCW WorldWide" will be finding it's permanent home on The SuperStation, TBS in order to broaden it's reach away from strictly syndication. WorldWide will be airing during the same time slot as in syndication on Friday nights at 10:50PM eastern standard time. This change will take effect immediately with the first episode airing this Friday night February 14th. It will carry the same format and is another step in the forward direction for World Championship Wrestling and Turner Sports.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

WCW Worldwide moving off syndicated TV is an interesting one. Definitely a step in the right direction for WCW, and I wonder if this means it will be given more meaningful content as well. I'm interested to find out.

Either way, the most recent episode of Saturday Night was another fantastic episode, and it felt like it was paced a little slowler than the other shows so far which is a good thing. Funk/Cactus continues to have me enthralled, as does Rude and Sting/Luger, and even Rhodes/Steamboat. Keep up the fantastic work my friend.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    WCW Worldwide moving off syndicated TV is an interesting one. Definitely a step in the right direction for WCW, and I wonder if this means it will be given more meaningful content as well. I'm interested to find out.
    It will to a degree, but it will still remain kind of like a B or C show. It will still feature talent that generally is not highlighted on the Saturday Night show, similar to how it's done now. It will be more of a simplistic show with a little more story line progression than now, but will still clearly be the B show. I'm moreso using it to get the younger talent over, and also so that the stuff that happens in matches and segments can be viewed by the larger masses, such as last week when Rude beat down Johnny B Badd after his match. But you have no idea how proud I am that you are digging this project. You're one of the top three bookers on this entire forum, so to hear kudos from you, means a lot.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

February 12, 1992 - WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING IS MOVING TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA!

WCW Executive Vice President & Executive Producer, Eric Bischoff;

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I will keep this short and sweet in order to field any questions that you may have. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Eric Bischoff and I am the executive vice president of World Championship Wrestling and the executive producer of all WCW programming. So that withstanding, the first thing I would like to do is thank Turner Sports, Kip Frey, Bill Shaw, the Turner family, and most importantly all the wonderful crew, talent, and creative team who come together on a weekly, and sometimes daily basis, to make this product each and every single week the greatest professional wrestling entertainment in the world today. You know, when I took over as executive producer of World Championship Wrestling, I had three very distinct goals in mind. One, I was going to condense our expenses into manageable sub products of the Turner organization, so that we could eventually turn a profit. Two, I was going to bring the product and organization to a more mainstream audience, and elevate our own visibility in all of sports and entertainment. And finally, I was going to be turn the product into more of an emotional, unpredictable, and exciting show for all the wonderful fans of World Championship Wrestling. Because of this very apparent change in the product, we are seeing television ratings that we haven’t seen in almost a decade for our flagship show, “WCW Saturday Night.” Last week was actually the highest rated professional wrestling program that has ever aired on the long TBS run. Because of this new confidence in our product and the way we are presenting World Championship Wrestling, changes are being made daily to make this the most profitable it has ever been. A big part of maximizing profits, is cutting back on expenses.

Many felt that it was ill fated to cut back on the amount of live events that we were conducting, but I am a firm believer in sometimes you have to pull back a little bit in order to create a better product and organization in the long run. So even though it may seem like you are taking steps backwards, we are taking a couple steps back so that we can take several steps forward.

As announced earlier in the week, our syndicated program "WCW WorldWide" would be coming into the national spotlight on Friday nights, exclusively on the flagship TBS SuperStation. For the past several months we have been working to change the spotlight and creative direction of WCW programming, in order to appeal to a wider audience of all demographics; unlike our competition whose target audience is strictly 17 years of age and less. We feel, as well as I do, that in order to attract a larger audience we must carry on and produce a product that can, and will appeal to an older demographic, as well as the younger demo, in order to target ad revenues with companies that have never before invested ad dollars into professional wrestling. This is an ongoing effort to bring out visibility to WCW that has never been experienced before, so that we could substantially not just become the #1 wrestling organization in the world, but the #1 entertainment and sports organization in the world as well.

That is why we are very proud to announce that World Championship Wrestling and Turner Sports will be partnering with Universal Studios to move our weekly programming specifically to the Universal Studios theme park, in order to capitalize on the recent product content changes and bring WCW to a more mainstream audience. Watching World Championship Wrestling live will be an event that rivals all the other attractions on the set of Universal Studios, while also cutting down on traveling costs for live events. We will be moving from our previous beloved Center Stage in downtown Atlanta to Sound Stage 19 in the beautiful Universal Studios theme park. The pay per views as well as the Clash of Champions TV specials will still be going on the road in various arenas around the United States, but the weekly flagship WCW program, “WCW Saturday Night”, as well as “WCW WorldWide” and our other syndicated shows will be filmed on location in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios. We feel that this change will allow us to not only turn a profit, but give a bigger feel to our television program, and most importantly increase our visibility to the mainstream market.

I would like to personally thank Universal Studios and Turner Sports for making this connection possible, and I look forward to the very profitable relationship that will blossom from all of this. This move will take effect on the live edition of “WCW Saturday Night” following our next pay per view SuperBrawl II. The effective date is Saturday March 7th, and will only be an indication of more things to come.

Again, I would like to thank everyone who did make all of this possible, and speaking for myself and to all those directly and indirectly affected in the world of professional wrestling, sports, and entertainment...times are changing, and I promise that within the next five years, maybe even less, World Championship Wrestling will be a household name, and the premier #1 sports and entertainment organization in the entire world.”
    Last edited by Charlemm1; 08-14-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

::WCW WORLDWIDE EPISODE SEVEN::

-FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14, 1992-

from Atlanta, Georgia
    HOSTED BY, Eric Bischoff & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH

"Flyin" Brian Pillman defeated "Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit via pinfall after a Small Package at 10:22.

This match is a match for the ages, as both men leave the match looking twice as good as they came in. It is high energy right from the start as Pillman comes darting into Benoit with several clotheslines and then some quick aerial moves to pick up a slight advantage in the early going. But Benoit's viciousness starts to reveal itself as he is able to catch Pillman not looking with a belly to belly suplex, followed up by locking on an extremely painful Texas Cloverleaf on the #1 contender! Even though Pillman carries a slight advantage over Pillman, Benoit is as rabid as ever with commentary commending how much intensity he has brought to the table as of late, and how his unpredictability has been showcased with sayings like "I just want to cripple people" and his handling of Missy Hyatt last week when he grabbed her aggressively.

But Benoit's steam slowly starts to fizzle when Pillman kicks it into high gear with a few explosive dropkicks out of nowhere on The Canadian Crippler, followed up with a diving crossbody off the top rope. But when he goes for the pinfall on Benoit, The Crippler is able to kick out at the count of two. Throughout the entire match commentary builds up the emotional rollercoaster Pillman has been on in his TV Championship feud against Big Van Vader and James E Cornette. Bischoff sells Pillman's resilience in the ring and mentions several times how strong of a person he has been since growing up, and how he survived the 32 surgeries he had to have growing up. The babyface hype builds Pillman up as an unstoppable force that will just not quit, and Dusty on commentary makes his own prediction that at SuperBrawl Big Van Vader might get upset in the ring by Flyin Brian.

The biggest test of strength for Pillman during the match is when Chris Benoit was able to successfully lock on his vicious and devastating Crippler Crossface. Pillman desperately reaches for the bottom rope to break the hold, but Benoit is skilled above his years and is able to position himself further away from the ropes in order to get more leverage on the #1 contender. Benoit pulls hard on Pillman's neck, trying to do everything he can to break his neck! But just as it looks like Pillman might tap out, his last breath of strength comes when he is able to push himself up off his stomach far enough to dive to the bottom rope and catch a rope break. Benoit is absolutely livid when the referee forces Benoit to break the count. Benoit gets face to face with the referee and threatens to snap the crossface on him, but while his back is turned, Pillman quickly rolls Benoit up with a small package. 1..2...3!! Pillman wins! Pillman gets the pinfall over Benoit!

The crowd pops with excitement as Pillman was able to pick up the victory, even after it looked like he was completley down for the count. As Pillman limps outside the ring, celebrating with the fans at ringside, commentary builds up how "just when you think Pillman is down, he comes right back up to surprise you!" Eric Bischoff makes the comment on commentary that if Pillman can catch Big Van Vader like this at SuperBrawl in two weeks, Pillman will be the next TV Champion! Commentary sells the likelyhood that Pillman will pull an upset over Big Van Vader with something like a small package, but "The Canadian Crippler" is not having this in the ring. Benoit looks at the referee with a psychotic look on his face.

The referee tries to explain himself to Benoit, but Chris Benoit just snaps and locks on the Crippler Crossface on the referee! The referee desperately tries to break the hold, but Benoit's strength is just too strong for the referee. The referee screams in pain as commentary begs Benoit to break the hold, but this only fuels a rabid and sadistic Benoit even more, as he pulls back on the referee's neck even harder. The referee finally passes out from the pain and it takes several referees to rush into the ring to pull Benoit's arms back. Benoit jumps back up to his feet and acts as if he is going to attack the other referees, but the other referees quickly jump out of the ring and out of dodge. Benoit stares back and forth at the booing crowd in attendance gritting his teeth and screaming out in a rage, "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!"

RAVISHING ISN'T JUST A WORD, IT'S A LIFESTYLE

Cameras slowly open up backstage in front of "WCW WorldWide" banner with Missy Hyatt standing alongside Madusa, Paul E Dangerously, "Ravishing" Rick Rude who is standing there clinching onto his WCW United States Championship for dear life. Hyatt asks Rude if he feels more confident rolling into SuperBrawl now that he was able to successfully defend his championship last week on WCW Saturday Night against Johnny B Badd. Paul E Dangerously cuts right in with anger of being asked "such a ridiculous question" by Missy Hyatt and starts to cut a very loud yet daunting promo about the "kind of man" Ravishing Rick Rude is. Dangerously explains that he has known Rick Rude for a long time, and that this match right here in two weeks at SuperBrawl against 2 Cold Scorpio is a match that he knows he can win, and that he will win. Dangerously builds up how when Rude wants and needs to "turn it on" he can without hesitation, and that Johnny B Badd found that out last week.

Dangerously looks at Hyatt with a disgusted look on his face and takes exception to her question asking if Rude feels more confident now, because as he puts it, "Rude had no reason to not be confident about his match against Badd or Scorpio, because he is the best wrestler in the world, period." Dangerously threatens Scorpio that in two weeks at SuperBrawl, Rude is going to pick him apart in every single possible way in the WRESTLING MATCH, but that after he is done picking him apart, he is going to kick himself into second gear and do whatever he has to in order to end Scorpio's career once and for all; by killing this "cinderella story" and throwing it inot the dump where it belongs.

Dangerously goes to continue on blistering Scorpio's inability in the ring, but Rude calmly stops Dangerously mid sentence and pulls the microphone slowly away from him. Rude does not scream and get worked up in his promo, but his cold and solemn demeanor speaks volumes of the amount of hate he has for 2 Cold Scorpio, and what he is going to do to him in two weeks at SuperBrawl. Rude in a very calm yet powerful voice slowly starts to cut a promo looking directly into the camera and clinching his title belt tightly, "Scorpio, I have nothing else to say to you. I have said all I can say, and in two weeks at SuperBrawl, I'm gonna make you regret every single thing that you have said, and every single thing that you have done to your WCW United States Champion. Those victories, as you call them, that you have over the United States Champion are a thing of the past. The future is in front of all of us, and your future is flat on your back looking up at the real WCW United States Champion, "Ravishing" Rick Rude."

Rude holds the belt up to the camera and with wide eyes and raw emotion looks directly into the camera and whispers, "You're looking at the greatest United States Champion the world has ever known, and more importantly, you're looking at the greatest professional wrestler the world has ever known. Ravishing isn't just a word or some monikor, it's a lifestyle of excellent and god given greatness, and all that excellence, all that greatness, all that ravishing beauty and ability in that ring can all be summed up in two words..." Rude softly clears his throat before he leans in closer to the camera with intensity, "RICK....RUDE." Rude motions for Paul E and Madusa to follow him as the three walk off set and Hyatt stands there absolutely speechless.

NORMAL TAG TEAM MATCH

Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) defeated Bob Emory & Mike Justice (local jobbers) via pinfall after a 110th Street Slam (Inverted SpineBuster On Opponent Jumping Off Top Rope) at 6:16.

Harlem Heat dominate in every single possible way, not even letting Emory and Justice catch their breath. Harlem Heat show that they have a lot to prove in WCW, utilizing the double team manuevers to completely decimate Emory and Justice. Throughout the entire match, commentary builds up the story of Harlem Heat and how they had to fight to survive on the streets, and hypes how they are on a mission to take what they feel is theirs in WCW. After every single slam that Stevie Ray and Booker T come down with, they aggressively taunt at their opponents slapping them in the face and screaming in dominant fashion, "YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME SUCKA?!!!" Justice is wiped out by Stevie Ray with a military press slam to the outside of the ring, crashing down hard on his stomach on the concrete at ringside. Bob Emory tries to utilize just one piece of offense by trying to catch Booker T by surprise with a diving crossbody, but Booker T catches him in mid air and comes barreling down with him on the hard canvas with the 110th Street Slam! BAM!! Booker T covers Emory for the pinfall and picks up the victory for Harlem Heat in about the most one sided victory we have ever seen from the bad boys from Harlem.

Stevie Ray and Booker T pace around inside the ring as commentary builds up their extremely dominant performance and they just continue to taunt at the crowd, acting as if they are going to jump out of the ring and attack the fans. Backstage interviewer, Lee Marshall trots down to the ring to catch a word with the victorious Harlem Heat. Marshall gets into the ring and tries to congratulate Harlem Heat on their very decisive victory, but Booker T cuts him off and belittles him over his weight and "pansy" demeanor. Booker T cuts an intense promo about how him and his brother grew up and had to learn at a very young age how to fight to survive, and that's exactly what they are carrying over into WCW.

"We had to take what we wanted on the streets, and that's the same damn thing we are comin to do here in WCW, sucka! The games are over! It's our time, and my brother and I aint gon stop til every single punk sucka is down on the ground beggin us to stop! We don't show no mercy for any of you, and if any of yall feel froggy out there and want to jump into the ring against Harlem Heat, yall aint gettin out of this ring in one piece, I'll tell ya that!"

Booker T and Stevie Ray target the crowd, screaming for them to get into the ring and fight them. Marshall with a scared look on his face doesn't waste any time getting out of the ring to avoid a riot as Harlem Heat continues to berate the booing fans, and expressing their toughness and street fighting ability.

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH

NASH defeated Glenn Gilbertti (local jobber) via pinfall after a JackKnife Powerbomb at 4:00.

Glenn Gilbertti has shown some promise in other preliminary undercard matches, but tonight is not his night. NASH is on his game right from the very beginning, throwing Gilbertti every which way across the ring, slamming him down viciously to the canvas with one of the most devastating Sidewalk Slams we have ever seen. Gilbertti tries to fight back with the ounce of will he has left, but NASH completely floors him with a big boot to the face, followed up with his signature JackKnife Powerbomb to finish him off! NASH in extremely dominant fashion takes care of business in the ring, and showcases his strength just manhandling Gilbertti. The crowd is behind him at fever pitch as they jump up to their feet after every single slam down to the canvas, in part due to the entire ring shaking at it's foundation with how hard NASH comes down with Gilbertti.

After the match, as NASH is celebrating in the ring and riling up the crowd behind him with his cool slick demeanor, Diamond Dallas Page and The Diamond Studd dart into the ring with a steel chair. Page comes up from behind NASH and brings him down to his knees by driving the end of the steel chair into the back of NASH's knee. Diamond Dallas Page starts slamming the steel chair down on NASH viciously as The Diamond Studd kicks at NASH's back and in a rage screams down at NASH that they "tried to warn him", but that he "just didn't listen!" As Page and Studd continue their assault on the 7 foot tall goliath, commentary builds up and puts over how this is virtually the first time that we have seen NASH be dominated in this manner. Bischoff on commentary pleads with Studd and Page to stop their violent attack, but they continue pounding away on NASH. It isn't until The Diamond Studd stops Page and proceeds to try and pick up NASH for his signature Diamond Death Drop that the brutality seems to stop.

Even though The Diamond Studd and Diamond Dallas Page have seemingly taken down the 7 foot bad ass, when The Diamond Studd tries to pick NASH up for his signature Diamond Death Drop, NASH finds someway to start battling back with hard elbow shots to the side of the face of The Diamond Studd. NASH gets the better of Studd and starts wailing on him with every single thing he's got, utilizing his power and striking ability on Studd. NASH kicks Studd in the gut and goes to hit his signature powerbomb, but Diamond Dallas Page is able to desperately tug at The Diamond Studd's legs and pull him out of the ring to dodge a very painful comeback. Studd is seeing stars as he backs up with his manager Diamond Dallas Page, clearly not wanting to square up against NASH right now toe to toe. NASH is limping around the ring holding his lower back in pain from the steel chair shots, selling the effects of a brutal attack for the first time, but NASH is absolutely irate as his cool demeanor has changed to a driven beast ready to destroy The Diamond Studd and Diamond Dallas Page.

NASH snatches the microphone aggressively from the ring announcer's hand and pushes him out of the way, screaming at Page and Studd that "if they want him, they can have him right here right now!" Studd and Page refuse to go back to the ring to face the madman. "Okay okay! If you don't want to jump in this ring and face me like a man right now, that's fine. The Commissioner gave me one non-title match for SuperBrawl, and I WANT YOUUUU!!! So you might be getting out of dodge tonight, but in two weeks at SuperBrawl, you've got an ass kickin' comin'!"

Studd and DDP's eyes widen in shock and fear as the crowd goes absolutely nuts and commentary puts over how huge of announcement this is, and that The Diamond Studd "might just have a death wish in two weeks at SuperBrawl!" Cameras fade to black as NASH limps around the ring, staring down Studd who is running scared from the 7 foot tall goliath!

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Quick Results
    Spoiler:

"Flyin" Brian Pillman def. "Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit via pinfall at 10:22
    Harlem Heat def. Bob Emory & Mike Justice via pinfall at 6:16
    NASH def. Glenn Gilbertti via pinfall at 4:00

UPCOMING PAY PER VIEW

WCW SUPER BRAWL II Card

(Card Subject To Change)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    "The Total Package" Lex Luger (c) versus Sting

WCW World Tag Team Championship Steel Cage Match
    The Dangerous Alliance ("The Enforcer" Arn Anderson & "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton) (c) versus The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scotty Steiner)

"Ravishing" Rick Rude (c) versus 2 Cold Scorpio

Grudge Match
    ::If Simmons Loses, He Is Gone From WCW Forever"
    "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair versus "The All American" Ron Simmons

Grudge Match
    Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat versus "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes

WCW World Television Championship Match
    Big Van Vader (c) versus "Flyin" Brian Pillman

Grudge Match
    The Diamond Studd versus NASH

Last edited by Charlemm1; 08-18-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    Europe

Jeez, you’re churning these things out! It’s been a week since I caught up on this and I had a magazine cover, Saturday Noght, announcement on Worldwide, announcement on Universal Studios AND Worldwide to catch up on! I’m impressed with the speed of turnaround on all this but wonder if it could be allowed to sit a while longer so people aren’t rushing to keep up!

The announcements did what they had to so don’t have much to say on those and will focus on the shows. Most importantly I really got a sense of things calming down and breathing a little more, with more interview segments rather than “action”. That’s already a huge step up in nailing the era, so that worked very well for me.

The feud that benefitted most from this change of pace is Steamboat Dustin. By both having separate promos about each other it (for me) actually did way more to build anticipation than a hundred big spots through a table would. Nice move.

I enjoyed the portrayal of Cactus and loved his promo on the old Terry Funk. I also liked Harley Race and Larry Z giving their thoughts. Race was such a curmudgeon in this promo it makes me hope he’s going to come back in some form or another going forward. The build to this match was probably the highlight of the show for me.

I liked the sitdown with Sting and Luger too. Luger showing little respect and Sting trying not to get riled up and eventually losing it was good stuff. The somewhat botched reveal now feels like quite a while ago and we are back in to the groove on this angle, which had been one of the highlights of the thread up until now.

I didn’t love Dangerously mentioning steroids with the Steiners given everything going on with Simmons (good call on putting that feud on the back burner for a week so it can breathe a little). Bringing steroids in to kayfabe is a risky move that was paid off with the great angle around Flair, but with the Steiners as well it felt a little much.

Worldwide did what it needed to as a B show. My only word of caution as a reader is to watch out NASH doesn’t end up turning a little in to Poochie from the Simpsons. You mention a lot how cool and beloved he is, and no matter what happens he overcomes it. I’d like to feel how cool and popular he is without just being told, you know? Otherwise it could become hard to invest in a superhuman character who can do no wrong and it always cool and awesome.

Anyway, another couple of good shows that actually had far less happen on them, and yet felt far more coherent because of it. I’m more excited for Superbrasl after this show than I was before, which is a testament to the work gone in to Saturday Night especially. Good stuff.

(Apologies for any typos, written on my phone!)

Thread Information