Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

Demon Bunny

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

That was a great starcade up and down was easy to read the match's were good.

I love that you had Pillman open up with the win

I love Michael Wallstreet makes me think of million dollar man which in wcw would been perfect.

I think my favorite match though was Butcher vs. Jack hope he comes back soon

Rhodes turning on Steamboat right call I think since Steamboat huge face gives Runnels a chance to be a heel

Sting wins kind of thought so

great show

Chikara Trainee

Status

One of my fav PPVs of 1991 is Starrcade and one of my fav matches of all time is Johnny Badd vs. Brian Pillman from Fall Brawl 95..if u havnt watched it, check it out. I like Pillman going over as he was the bigger star at the time and can be a big star in this thread.

This would be another great match. I personally would of spread these two matches out on the show just b/c they are so similar in a style of match. Scorpio going over is another good decision b/c Liger will prob be used sporadically.

Again, good decision having Simmons going over Studd, b/c he wasn’t the big star yet. I feel you make good decisions based on the time period.

Strong promo from Lex, putting himself over hard and getting some character development out of him.

Nice turn from York and I feel like Wallstreet will be the head of the new York Foundation which should be fun to see.

Again good decision to have Steiners win the match…I feel like the British Invasion will get the best of this feud bc they are one of “your” teams.

Austin should be a star and I hope you are going make him one in WCW. The Dangerous Alliance is one of my fav factions and I hope you do right by them.

Barbaric barb rope match…I wonder if this means you are going to be taking WCW to a more physical hardcore manner with some of the talent.

Yes!!! Building the Dangerous Alliance up some and I love it…The Rhodes/Steamboat feud should be really good to watch…you def have me intrigued.

Im ok with Sting winning as it was different from the expected win of Flair…I always felt WCW didn’t get enough out of Sting vs. Luger…idk why but for the longest time I thought Sting and Luger were cousins when I was younger. Haha

Luger winning the match is good b/c I just feel he is the better pick as a champion. 40 mins for a main event with Luger in it possibly was a tad long, but I didn’t have to physically watch it haha

Mid-Card Champion

Status

World Championship Wrestling Presents: "WCW Saturday Night" Episode One
    Saturday January 4, 1992 | TBS SuperStation

Center Stage | Atlanta, Georgia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Championship Wrestling Welcomes 1992!

The show opens up with a video package showcasing the history of the NWA/WCW World Heavyweight Championship and the major title victories of Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, and others. Dramatic music plays in the background recapping the brutal 25 minutes of the BattleBowl last Sunday night at Starrcade to determine the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Notable eliminations are featured of Ron Simmons eliminating The Nature Boy, Cactus Jack and Terry Funk eliminating each other, and then Sting finally winning the match by eliminating the WCW United States Champion, Rick Rude. The video package shows a triumphant Sting celebrating with the crowd before it moves on to show the vicious fight inside the steel cage between Lex Luger and Barry Windham for the World title. Luger is shown at the end finally crashing down to the outside to retain his World Heavyweight Championship, and then posing with his belt while Barry Windham looks at the crowd with a disappointed and defeated look on his face. The video comes to an end when the Starrcade logo explodes.

A new WCW Saturday Night intro video is also introduced with an upbeat
    “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark playing in the background, as the new theme song of WCW Saturday Night. The intro showcases all the current WCW talent, but especially focusing on WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger and the future of WCW being built up as the greatest assortment of new, hot, young talent in Ron Simmons, “Flyin” Brian Pillman, Michael WallStreet, “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, “Stunning” Steve Austin, and the exciting tag team division featuring The Steiner Brothers. The intro video ends and cameras pan the sold-out Center Stage in Atlanta, Georgia as the riotous crowd is deafening and commentary brings in the exciting first episode in 1992 of WCW Saturday Night!

Tony Schiavone hypes up the huge night coming off the hinges of a very exciting Starrcade this past Sunday night with Lex Luger the reigning and defending WCW World Heavyweight Champion along with the new number one contender and winner of the 1991 BattleBowl, Sting!
    Schiavone builds the excitement of what is to happen when Lex Luger finally puts his World Heavyweight Championship on the line against his best friend and now new number one contender Sting at SuperBrawl II. Commentary builds up how tonight the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger is holding a special celebration ceremony to honor himself as the reigning and defending champion, and that he holds a special message to the fans of World Championship Wrestling. Schiavone with a sarcastic tone speculates about what Luger’s “special message” is gonna consist of, while Zybszko builds Luger up as someone who should feel very proud of all his accomplishments and the hard fought victory he had over the legend Barry Windham on Sunday night at Starrcade.

As the cameras pan the crowd, the Dangerous Alliance music blares over the PA and the WCW United States Champion “Ravishing” Rick Rude struts out through the curtain playing to the booing crowd. As he makes his way down the ramp with Paul E Dangerously and Madusa, commentary builds how strong of a showing Rick Rude gave in the BattleBowl when he was one of the final two participants, only to be dramatically eliminated by the winner, Sting. Rude doesn’t seem to be phased by this as he taunts at the booing crowd and does his usual schtick in the ring with Madusa slowly taking off his robe and him flexing his muscles to the crowd with his shiny United States Championship fastened around his waist. Rude cuts his music off and motions for Paul E to give him a microphone. Rude waits a few moments as the crowd continues to boo at him and Paul E screams at them to “shut up” and “show respect.” Rude laughs and tells Paul E that “these people down home in ATLANTUHHH GEORGIA aren’t civilized enough to have respect in themselves, nevertheless respect anyone else.”

This riles the crowd up even more with their anti-Rude chants all while Rude, Paul E, and Madusa arrogantly smirk at the crowd and chuckle to themselves. Rude starts right in cutting a promo about how last Sunday night he was robbed of his chance to be the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, and that Sting “does exactly what he does best, which is cheat his way to a victory.” Rude’s demeanor changes and he starts belittling Sting about all the successes he has had in his career being nothing but flukes.

“And does anybody really want to see the two teenage boyfriends Lex Luger and Sting battle it out for the World Heavyweight Championship? Give me a break! I think we all know who the world wants to see as their World Heavyweight Champion, and that is a real winner…a real champion, heh, a real MAN like Ravishing Rick Rude!!”

Rude throws his arms up in a pose to the booing crowd while Paul E and Madusa point at him and bow down to him. Rude moves on from Sting and starts building himself up as the
    strongest WCW United States Champion there has ever been, and that OFFICIALLY TODAY it will be 48 days since the world changed and the United States Championship went home to the real champion of champions and “I beat that clown make up Nancy, Sting for my US Title!” Rude continues his promo on building up how he has beaten every single man in this business, and that no man could ever come close to “stepping into this ring and defeating a champion like me.” Rude shows clips of how he laid waste to Marcus Alexander Bagwell last night on WCW WorldWide and challenges anyone else who even THINKS they can do what no man could ever “dream of doing before.”

The enthusiastic and charismatic fan favorite 2 Cold Scorpio struts out through the curtain, obviously taking Rude’s challenge.
    Rude, Paul E, and Madusa immediately bust out into a unison of over the top laughter, as Scorpio makes his way into the ring and Rude acts as if he is going to have a heart attack at the thought of 2 Cold Scorpio actually believing he could pin him. Scorpio is fearless as he steps up to the over zealous United States Champion. Rude and Scorpio are face to face as Scorpio just stands there looking back and forth at Rude’s United States Championship and Rude’s face. Rude smirks and provokes Scorpio, “You actually think you could beat the WCW United Sta…” Scorpio cuts Rude off with a punch to the face heard around the world!

Normal Non-Title Match
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude (w/Paul E Dangerously & Madusa) versus 2 Cold Scorpio

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    A referee jumps into the ring and calls for the bell as Rude stands there holding his face, looking at Scorpio with wide eyes and a shocked look. Rude takes off his belt and darts at Scorpio, but the athletic and agile Scorpio slides underneath Rude’s legs, dropkicks him in the back into the turnbuckle and then follows up with a small package out of nowhere! 1…2…3!! 2 Cold Scorpio picks up the shocking upset victory over the United States Champion!!

Spoiler:

Winner: 2 Cold Scorpio by pinfall

As soon as the bell rings, 2 Cold Scorpio quickly scurries out of the ring in excitement, jumping up and down and rallying up the riotous crowd behind him. Paul E Dangerously and Madusa both jump into the ring with wide eyes and a shocked look on their faces as Rude sits on his knees for a few seconds completely in shock of what just happened. But after just a few seconds, Rude grows completely irate, jumping up to his feet and trying to push passed Paul E in anger and to get to 2 Cold Scorpio. Rude screams at the referee that he wasn't ready, and that he wants the match restarted RIGHT NOW! Paul E tries to restrain Rude, pleading with him to just let it go right now, and to let him handle it. But Rude wants nothing of Paul E's reassuring and goes completely ballistic in the ring screaming for 2 Cold to come back to the ring and fight him like a man!

Commentary sells the shock of what just happened with 2 Cold Scorpio picking up the quick pinfall upset over the WCW United States Champion, Rick Rude!! Paul E pleads with a raging Rude to calm down as the referee quickly slides out of the ring to avoid Rude attacking him. Paul E turns around and screams at the crowd to "shut up" and that 2 Cold Scorpio cheapshotted his client and DID NOT WIN! 2 Cold laughs and pesters the Dangerous Alliance from the ramp, dancing up the ramp and posing for the crowd. 2 Cold's bolsterous attitude and demeanor only angers Rude more and Rude is about to jump out of the ring until Paul E demands that 2 Cold Scorpio come to WCW Saturday Night next week and give his client a rematch for this cheap shot fluke that happened. 2 Cold nods his head "yes" and laughs as he counts "1...2...3" on his hand before dancing back through the curtain while Rude is shaking in anger in the center of the ring and the scene fades to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

I Am Tired Of Carrying This Team

Cameras open up from the commercial break to show Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat in plain clothes walking out with a look of distraught and conflict to a riotous crowd. As Steamboat shakes his head making his way down to the ring, commentary shows clips of Starrcade when Steamboat and Rhodes lost the tag team titles, and then when Steamboat was blatantly attacked by Dustin Rhodes after the match was over. Commentary sells the shock of Rhodes attacking Steamboat and the emotions that must be running through his former best friend and tag team partner, Ricky Steamboat.

Steamboat gets into the ring and starts to cut a heartfelt promo about how he has been on a whirlwind for the past six days after what happened at Starrcade in the match, and what happened after with Dustin Rhodes. Steamboat takes a deep breath and regretfully explains how
    sorry he is and how many regrets he has about going for “that flying lariat” when he should’ve known that a veteran like Arn Anderson would quickly get back up to his feet to catch him. Steamboat looks towards the camera with a look of despair and apologizes to Dustin for “screwing it all up” and “costing them the WCW World Tag Team Championships.” Steamboat explains that he realizes emotions were probably running wild and high for Dustin, and that he understands why Dustin might’ve had a lapse of judgement after the match when he attacked him. Steamboat continues on speaking out to Rhodes that they can “put this all behind them”, and “get back into that world tag team title picture ASAP.

Steamboat’s uplifting proposal to Dustin is quickly interrupted by “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes himself walking out through the curtain with an irate and disturbed look on his face as his bottom lip quivers. Rhodes quickly gets into the ring and snatches the microphone from Steamboat cutting a scathing and vicious promo on him that
    he is completely 100 percent everything that is wrong with the professional wrestling business. Dustin exclaims to Steamboat that he refuses to take responsibility for his actions, and that all his heartfelt apologizes and uplifting promos is nothing but a façade from Steamboat to not realize that “this business has clearly passed him by.” Steamboat doesn’t say a word as he holds his head down and Dustin continues berating him on the microphone, screaming at The Dragon that he was the one who stripped them of the tag team titles, “not Dustin Rhodes, not Bobby Eaton, not Arn Anderson, but Ricky Steamboat screwed us!” Steamboat has heard enough and tries to reason with Rhodes, promising that they will “get their tag titles back”, but that they “have to work together and remain focused as a team.

Rhodes snaps and rares back with an open hand slap to the legend, screaming even louder at Steamboat that “this is enough!” Rhodes pauses and stares intensely at Steamboat who holds the side of his face, selling the slap. “Ya know Ricky, I am tired of carrying this team, and I am tired of you trying to propel your never was career on my coat tails! I am finished!

Steamboat looks at Dustin with a distraught and shocked look on his face, clearly taking in every single thing that Rhodes is throwing at him. “And quite frankly Ricky, just looking at you…and looking at the man you have become, if you can even call yourself that, makes me want to drop to my knees and throw up all over this ring in front of these disgusting people!”

The crowd boos at the deliberate shot at them, but Steamboat is the one to cut Rhodes off with anger slowly starting to set in.
    Steamboat uncharacteristically screams back at Dustin that he better think long and hard about what he does next in this situation. Rhodes and Steamboat stare each other down, not taking their eyes off one another for a few moments. Dustin grins and chuckles to himself before leaning in closer to Steamboat’s face.

“Ricky, I know EXACTLY what I’m gonna do next. Quite frankly,
    I am going to give you EXACTLY what you deserve.

Rhodes out of nowhere spits in Steamboat’s face and then storms out of the ring as commentary sells it like a gun just went off! Steamboat’s eyes widen and he stares at Rhodes in shock, as Rhodes just storms up the ramp and through the curtain in a huff, absolutely disgusted at his FORMER tag team partner. The scene fades to a commercial as Tony says in a shocked and monotone voice, “Larry I just can’t fathom the amount of disrespect from Dustin Rhodes…wow.”

Commercial Break

Normal Singles Match
    Big Van Vader versus P.N. News

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    Big Van Vader is obviously still very upset about coming up just barely short during the BattleBowl #1 contender's battle royal at Starrcade, so he is in vicious form tonight as he completely obliterates the defenseless and fun loving P.N. News. Each time that it looks as if PN News might make some sort of comeback, Vader completely derails it with several variations of power moves that shake the entire foundation of the ring as he drops down on News with a thud. Throughout the match, commentary builds up how strong Big Van Vader is and how he eliminated the most men in the 20 man battle royal last Sunday night at Starrcade. Each time that Vader drops down with a big power move he screams out towards the crowd like an absolute monster. Vader finally ends PN's misery by finishing him off with a very decisive and destructive Vader Bomb from the top rope crashing onto a completely laid out PN News.

Spoiler:

Winner: Big Van Vader by pinfall

After the match is over, Big Van Vader immediately gets back up to his feet and taunts at the booing crowd as commentary sells the destruction that he has laid waste to in the ring, and hypes how Big Van Vader looks like he is on a mission to completely destroy everything in his path in WCW until he gets his hands back on an opportunity like Sunday night. Big Van Vader looks directly into the camera and screams that it's "VADER TIME NOW!" before pushing the ring announcer David Penzer down in his path and storming out of the ring.

There Is Gonna Be Hell To Pay

The scene switches to the backstage area where it shows the WCW World Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin with a morose, but extremely surly look on his face as he clinches tightly onto his WCW TV Championship. The camera zooms in to focus on Austin's wrapped up forearm, obviously still being hurt from the devastating 450 Splash from 2 Cold Scorpio at Starrcade. Austin is standing alongside Eric Bischoff for an interview segment as Bischoff brings the segment in announcing that Steve Austin requested this interview spot, and then directs his attention to Austin himself to ask him what is going on and why he called for this interview. Austin looks up at Bischoff with a psychotic look in his eyes before he cuts Bischoff off and starts to rage and cut a scathing promo about how time after time he has constantly been held down by every single member of management in WCW since he came "to this crap shoot place." Austin explains that he is being asked, no, forced to relinquish his WCW World Television Championship, "because of the jackass who broke his forearm!"

The bleep is late on "jackass" but Austin continues on threatening that when he does come back from this injury and his arm heals, there is gonna be hell to pay to everyone who "worked their magic" to take this belt off of him. Austin continues to drone on getting more and more angry about how he thinks it's a "damn shame" that WCW didn't have the guts to tell him all of this to his face; and that he had to wait until he got to the arena to get a phone call from the "fat commissioner" Bill Watts, that because he is not medically cleared, he has to relinquish his WCW World Television Championship belt until he can come back to action. Before Austin can continue on too much longer, the WCW Commissioner Bill Watts charges over and tries to interrupt Steve Austin, but Austin just pulls away with the microphone continuing to drone on about the injustices.

Watts reassures Austin that when he does come back from injury and
    IS MEDICALLY CLEARED, he will have his rematch for the WCW World Television Championship, no questions asked. This completely sets off a raging Steve Austin as he takes offense to the thought of having to "win the belt back" when he never lost it to begin with. Austin gets face to face with Watts and screams that he "already won the damn belt and doesn't need to win back nothing." Watts puts his arm on Austin's shoulder, and Austin quickly and aggressively brushes Bill's hand off and screams at him not to touch him. Watts slowly takes the WCW World Television Championship belt out of Austin's clutches as Austin just stands shaking his head and clinching his fists in anger.

Bill tries to give advice to Steve to go home and just "cool down" and to come back when he is medically cleared. Austin throws his arms out and then gets into Bill's face, eye to eye with him and with a quiet but very powerful tone tells Bill that "he will be back, and he will end that son of a bit** 2 Cold Scorpio's career for good for doing this to him." Watts reassures Austin that he will have his rematch before Austin shakes his head and lets out an audible "PSH" before storming off the set.

Watts takes a deep breath and slowly turns around to face the camera, announcing that starting next week there will be an eight man single elimination tournament to decide who will be the next WCW World Television Champion, and the final match will conclude in three weeks at Clash of the Champions XVIII before the scene slowly fades to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

Showing Respect

As the cameras come back from the commercial break, Tony Schiavone apologizes for the language and commentary from now the former WCW World Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin, and sells how obviously this is just a very difficult time for Steve Austin, and that he is just frustrated with the entire situation. Schiavone repeats though that these are not the views and language expressed by World Championship Wrestling. The camera slowly zooms in to show the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger standing backstage with his #1 contender Sting in the locker room. Sting and Luger look to be in very positive spirits as Sting congratulates Luger on beating Barry Windham at Starrcade in the steel cage match, and tells Luger that he is extremely happy that he was able to beat Barry, because he knows that the better man and better FRIEND will win at SuperBrawl.

Luger smiles and then hugs Sting in a rare occurence of humility and kindness, explaining to Sting that if he were to lose HIS World Heavyweight Championship belt to anyone, he wouldn't want it to be anybody else but his best friend, Sting. Sting smiles and pats Luger on the shoulder, telling him that he is not going to hold anything back at SuperBrawl, but nomatter who comes out on top it is going to be one of the greatest matches in the history of professional wrestling. Luger concurs with Sting's comments and reassures him that it is
    definitely going to be an event that no one will "ever forget." Luger hugs Sting one more time before he walks out of the locker room with his World Heavyweight Championship belt draped over his shoulder, telling Sting that he wants him to come out tonight to the ring for his exclusive celebration ceremony with the belt. Sting nods his head and tells Luger that he will be there before Luger smiles back and walks out the door of the locker room.

Normal Tag Team Match
    The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner) versus Diamond Studd & Diamond Dallas Page

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

The Steiner Brothers clearly do not waste any time taking control of the match against Diamond Studd and Diamond Dallas Page. The Steiners get an early advantage with Scott Steiner using his strength to "out brute" Diamond Dallas Page in the early going, pouncing him into the mat with suplex after suplex, dropping him like a rag doll. Page desperately reaches for the tag and The Diamond Studd comes barreling in to give a better match up to Scott Steiner, but Steiner starts unloading shots on him as well and getting a slower upper hand. The match goes back and forth until The Diamond Studd goes for a running clothesline, only to be reversed into a belly to back suplex from Rick Steiner, and then followed up with a double diving shoulder block from both Rick and Scott Steiner from the top rope!

The Steiner Brothers are able to capitalize on their double teams and teamwork to establish a foundation that is impossible to break from the more inexperienced DDP and The Diamond Studd.
    With Studd completely laid out outside the ring, still reeling from the hard hitting shoulder blocks, Diamond Dallas Page is left out to dry when Scott Steiner finishes him off an Exploder Suplex, slamming Page’s head off the top of the hard canvas like a rock! BAM! Scott quickly covers Page for the pinfall and The Steiners continue to dominate in tag team action, clearly on a mission to get the attention of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, Arn Anderson and “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton.

Spoiler:

Winners: The Steiner Brothers by pinfall

After the match is over, a beaten senseless Diamond Dallas Page is rolled out from under the ring by The Diamond Studd. The Steiner Brothers pace back and forth in the middle of the ring, celebrating their victory and riling up the crowd behind them as commentary builds The Steiner Brothers as clearly the most dominant tag team in WCW, and that they look more determined and on fire than ever before. Schiavone brings us to a clip from last night’s WCW WorldWide when they called out the WCW World Tag Team Champions; while after no sign of the tag team champs, they sent the message that they are not “going away” and on their trail. Rick Steiner grabs a microphone once again in the center of the ring and is quick to the point to call out the WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton once again!

After a few moments of The Steiners trying to provoke the tag team champions to come out, instead it is their manager and advocate
    Paul E Dangerously who storms out with his usual swagger down to the ring already with a microphone in his hand, but clearly very annoyed about The Steiners repeated demands and threats to the new tag team champions. Dangerously cuts them off and as he walks down to the ring, explains to them that the WCW World Tag Team Champions cannot come out tonight, because “quite frankly they are still resting from their huge tag team title victory six days ago at Starrcade.” Paul E gets into the ring and keeps a safe distance from The Steiners, but explains that the WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton are just far too busy to attend every WCW show, and their prior commitments prevent them from being just common wrestlers on the show every single week like 2 Cold Scorpio…like “Flying” Brian Pillman…and even like The Steiner Brothers.

The Steiners start getting more aggressive with their demand that the tag team champions come out and face them, but Paul E climbs halfway out of the ring and reiterates that
    “if they attack him, he will sue them.” Paul E pushes back at The Steiners that even though the tag team champions are not here tonight, he has spoken to them about the challenge, and they are not very happy with the demands that The Steiners have been making over the past week against them. Paul E still is hanging halfway out of the ring under the top rope as he completely sets them off with the comment that “they are not worthy of the tag team champions’ time, and that they will show up when they are good and ready…and they may even make The Steiners eat those same words.”

Rick and Scott Steiner both charge at Paul E, but Paul quickly jumps out of the ring and to the outside of the ring to avoid an attack. Paul E throws his arms up in the air in exasperation and screams at the Steiners to “just wait” until the “alliance” is all back. Dangerously storms up the ramp in anger as Scott Steiner screams up at Dangerously that
    “they’ll be waiting for the yellow striped backs next week!” The scene slowly fades to a commercial as Zbyszko defends his former group and calls The Steiner Brothers “absolute lunatics who will get what’s coming to them soon enough!”

Commercial Break

Normal Singles Match
    Chris Benoit versus Cactus Jack

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    The match starts off with a raging lunatic Cactus Jack storming at Chris Benoit, and quickly tackling him down to the mat. Benoit tries to break free from Jack’s clutches, but Cactus Jack just continues to brawl with Benoit, hitting him with hard shot after hard shot to his face. After Cactus unloads several stiff shots to the head of Chris Benoit, he sits up onto his knees with a sick and twisted smile on his face and starts screaming “Bang Bang” before slamming his elbows into the throat of Chris Benoit. Throughout the match, Benoit tries to pick up an upper hand over Cactus Jack, but the lunatic cannot be stifled with Cactus Jack even using his own body to throw himself into Benoit. The match finally comes to an end when Cactus Jack finishes Benoit off with a DDT off the ring apron and to the outside of the ring on the concrete! BAM!!! Benoit is completely laid out unconscious on the floor as Jack hops back up onto his feet and starts punching himself several times, maniacally laughing at the damage he has unleashed on the famously proclaimed “Canadian Crippler.” Jack rolls Benoit’s unconscious body back into the ring and then covers him for the pinfall, 1…2…3! And with a very decisive and brutal victory, Cactus Jack continues to showcase his ability to do anything and everything to strike pain and fear into his opponent.

Spoiler:

Winner: Cactus Jack by pinfall

After the bell rings, Eric Bischoff darts down to the ring to catch a word with the raging and psychotic Cactus Jack. As several referees assist an unconscious Benoit out of the ring and up the ramp, Cactus just continues to laugh and stare with a psychotic look at the very badly hurt Chris Benoit. Bischoff frankly asks Cactus if he is in any regard remorseful of his actions just now against Chris Benoit, knowing that a DDT like that off the ring apron and to the concrete could permanently affect Benoit’s entire life, not just career. Cactus starts laughing even louder as his eyes widen and he looks into the ceiling. Cactus screams at Bischoff that last Sunday night he ”ended” Abdullah The Butcher, and that he doesn’t care to bring the entire WCW down with him until they all understand, ”….until they all understand that the myth they have built is nothing but a dream, and that human nature and the beasts inside all of us will unleash the fury to pursue the appetite of blood. My beast has an appetite for blood, and Imma let him have his dinner! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Bischoff starts to get a little bit more uncomfortable as he tries to back away from the psychotic Cactus Jack, but before Bischoff can get out of the ring, Terry Funk’s music blares over the PA and he comes darting out through the curtain, locking eyes with Cactus Jack and staring him down as he makes his way to the ring. As Funk makes his way down, commentary builds up how these two men eliminated each other from the BattleBowl last Sunday night and
    that they both had to be physically restrained so that they wouldn’t kill each other! Funk wastes no time getting in Cactus Jack’s face, as he snatches the microphone away from Eric Bischoff and pushes Eric to the side. Funk and Cactus Jack intensely stare each other down, locking eyes and staring deep into each other’s souls.

Funk cuts his music off and begins to cut a vicious promo on Cactus Jack that for several years now,
    he has heard people from every single side of “this world” talk about how Cactus Jack is the toughest professional wrestler in the entire world, and that Cactus Jack is the most dangerous professional wrestler there has ever been.

“And let me just tell you Mr. Cactus…Jack…I find that to be the most disrespectful thing I have ever heard in my over 20 years of being in this business! That’s a slap in the face to Terry Funk. That’s a slap in the face to the Funk name. That’s a SLAP IN THE FACE for the legacy and all the blood I have poured out of my BODY, and for what? For what? So someone little old dirty..nasty…brutal….stringy…disgusting little dog can scream bang bang, jump onto some concrete, and think HE IS the professionnnnnalll wrestling business, and that he is tough. Heh, Mr. Caaaaactus I am not scared of anyone! And when I think of you, it makes me absolutelyyyyyy sick. It makes me wanna throw up actually. It makes me want to show you HOW CRAZY…HOW VIOLENT…HOW TOUGHHHHH a man like Terry Funk can be.”

Terry pauses and is clearly getting more and more riled up as Cactus just stands there hanging onto his every word, continuing to stare into his eyes with a psychotic look and biting his lip. Funk shakes his head in disgust at Cactus Jack,
    “I have been jumping onto concrete floors…scraping heads across barbed wire…bleeding from head to toe and still getting up ready to fight some more…when you were still sucking on your momma’s floppy breast. Just thinkin’ of these people regarding you as the toughest and most psychotic wrestler in the world just makes me….ughhhhhh it makes me just want to….ahhhhh!!!”

Funk punches Cactus Jack in the face as the crowd pops and commentary sells the anger of Terry Funk on Cactus Jack!!!! Funk jumps on top of Cactus Jack and just starts wailing on him until Jack is able to switch the momentum and get his own shots in. Schiavone on commentary screams for security to come down and separate them, but the two just continue to brawl all around the ring exchanging some of the stiffest shots ever seen from these two! Funk and Cactus Jack scream out as they pull on each other’s hair, punch, kick, and do everything they can to the other until security is able to get down to the ring and finally separate both of them. Funk and Cactus Jack kick their feet towards each other, while commentary hypes them both up as mad men with no regard for the other in any shape or form. Terry Funk screams out at Cactus Jack begging Cactus to "taste his blood!" The scene fades to a commercial break as
    both men are carried off in opposite directions as they continue to try and break free, but are successfully being restrained by six security guards each.

Commercial Break

Normal Singles Match
    Johnny B. Badd versus Ron Simmons

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

The scene comes back from the commercial break to show Ron Simmons and Johnny B Badd going at it hard and fast right from the get go, with Ron Simmons taking a quick and early advantage. Schiavone on commentary builds Ron Simmons up as the most promising future star in WCW, and hypes the shock and awe last Sunday night when he ELIMINATED Ric Flair in the BattleBowl. Simmons utilizes his speed and agility to keep Badd coming and going at all times, with Simmons dropping Badd down several times with vertical snap suplexes, holding Badd up longer and longer each time to showcase his strength and power. Badd attempts to hold the referee in his way during a shoulder tackle from Simmons, but Simmons leaps over top of the referee and comes crashing down on Badd with a heavy shoulder tackle to wipe him out completely! BAM!!! 1…2….3!! Ron Simmons beats Johnny B Badd!

Spoiler:

Winner: Ron Simmons by pinfall

After the match is over Simmons struggles up to his feet and rallies up the crowd behind him and motions for a microphone. Simmons gets the microphone and cuts a promo about how he has worked “long and hard” to get to the spot he is in right now, and directly mentions Ric Flair, building up how when Ric Flair went on his “little hiatus” after losing the belt a lot changed in a short period of time. Simmons hypes how new athletes like himself picked up the load and rose up the ranks, and that now he is “going to be damned” if Ric Flair thinks he is just going to roll back into his old spot and rip apart everything that he has built over the last 7 months in WCW.

“So I’m not playin’ any more games with you Ric. If you got a problem with me being the champion, then you got a problem with me! You wanted to screw me out of MY SHOT at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship just because I bruised your ego when I threw you over the top rope? Are you serious? Nah nah! See Ric, you’re gonna find out real quick, when I say something, I mean it. I don’t go behind backs or cheat my way to the top, I come out with both guns blazing and if I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. It’s that simple. But you ripped away my title shot because you know that in this ring, you aren’t half the athlete or half the man that I am. If you had a real problem with me, all you had to do was say it! Ya know what? Psh. Son, come out here right now, and we can finish what we started at Starrcade and there aint gonna be no more games being played! No titles. No matches. No referees. Just me whippin’ your ass right here right now TONIGHT!

The crowd pops with excitement as Simmons throws down his microphone and starts pacing back and forth in the center of the ring. Commentary speculates if Ric Flair is gonna come out as Simmons holds his fists out, ready for a fight. It doesn’t seem Flair is gonna come at first, but right before Simmons gives up and goes to get out of the ring, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flairs come storming out through the curtain with wide eyes. Flair is absolutely irate at Simmons’ words as he storms down to the ring, looking as if he is going to rip into Ron Simmons right now. Flair gets into the ring and gets face to face with Ron Simmons, with neither man stepping down.

Ric Flair bends over and snatches the microphone aggressively from the mat and starts to cut a scathing promo on Ron Simmons that
    Simmons cannot even come close to being in “his league.” Flair builds all the championships he has won during his career and builds how when he left for 7 months after being screwed of his World Heavyweight Championship belt, WCW came begging him to step back into the squared circle, because they realized that their “current talent just couldn’t cut the mustard”, and that they needed back “their real star.” Simmons doesn’t say a word as he just continues to stare at Ric Flair with a cold and solemn look on his face. Flair laughs to himself for a moment and tells Simmons that he is sick and tired of people like Ron Simmons thinking they are in the same league as The Nature Boy, when they have done virtually nothing “in this great sport”, but carry the bags of the real champions like Ric Flair. Flair continues his promo talking about how Ron Simmons was nothing but a glorified bag carrier until he got his shot to step up to the plate, because the real world champion was busy doing other things.

“But boy, the Nature Boy is back. You can step down now. Ahem. The 9 time World Heavyweight Champion can take his spot back. And to address your point, heh, The Nature Boy would NEVER be jealous or feel threatened by…you. Look in the mirror boy. My solid gold rolex watch has more diamonds in it than dollars you have made in your entire life! Let’s just take a reality lesson, shall we? While you and your family were scraping pieces of bread off of broken plates in dumpsters behind restaurants…the Nature Boy was in those restaurants drinkin’ the finest wine. WOO! Eating the most expensive items on the menu with my golden spoon on these beautiful lips. Heh, and WOOOing the finest lookin’ women any man could buy. And you think I am jealous of you? Heh, sport,
    every single man in this arena tonight wishes they could be The Nature Boy! Every single woman in this arena tonight and throughout the entire world just wishes…WISHES, I would step out of my stretch limousine and allow them just TWO MINUTES on Space Mountain! The Nature Boy is not jealous of anybody, especially not some bottom feedin’ token from the housing projects on 4th street!”

Ron Simmons’ eyes grow wide and he pushes Flair aggressively into the corner, clearly very upset and offended by Ric Flair’s words. Flair immediately changes gears and gets serious as he stares down Ron Simmons and holds his fists out like he is going to fight. Simmons screams at Flair to “hit him.” But instead, Flair pulls his fist back and climbs out of the ring to the outside in retreat mode.

The crowd immediately boos as Flair shakes his head “no” and starts walking backwards up the ramp with the microphone still in his hand. Flair tells Simmons not to worry, because he is going to tear into him and rip him apart limb from limb, but not tonight. Flair explains that his custom made suit was way to expensive to “get dirty” and that unfortunately he did not bring his ring gear to the arena tonight, but that Simmons better think real long and hard of what he does next, because next time Flair will have his ring gear and he will be ready to teach him some respect.
    Simmons rolls his eyes and Tony Schiavone on commentary sells the obvious stall tactic from Ric Flair, while Larry Zbyzsko on commentary reiterates Flair’s statement that he cannot risk ruining such an expensive suit on trash like Ron Simmons. The scene fades to a commercial break as Flair and Simmons continue to stare each other down and taunt at one another.

Commercial Break

Celebration Ceremony

Cameras slowly come back from the commercial break as the entire ring canvas is covered in a very fine grained red velvet carpet with a large mirror set up in each corner of the ring. The WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger struts out from the back and slowly makes his way down to the ring with an arrogant smirk on his face, taunting and heelishly posing towards the booing crowd. As Luger makes his way down, Zbyzsko continues to put Luger over majorly as the most successful world champion there has ever been, and the fastest rising star in the history of professional wrestling, other than himself. Schiavone on commentary gives props to Luger for finally actually beating Barry Windham completely clean in the steel cage match at Starrcade. Luger stands in front of all the mirrors and flexes his muscles with his World Heavyweight Championship belt fastened around his waist. Luger looks at himself in the mirrors and arrogantly smirks and rubs his world title belt slowly, embellishing all the booing in the crowd and how “beautiful” his world title is.

Luger grabs a microphone in the ring and begins to cut a promo about how
    history was made at Starrcade when he not only beat Barry Windham to retain his World Heavyweight Championship, but he destroyed Barry’s entire legacy and family history in the professional wrestling business by showcasing to the world “who the real-world champion deserves to be.” Luger continues to build himself up as the strongest and most deserving champion there has ever been, with fate deciding a long time ago what WCW and the professional wrestling business needs, and that being “The Total Package” Lex Luger. Luger slobbers all over himself for a few more moments until Barry Windham comes storming out through the curtain to a loud positive response from the crowd.

Luger immediately turns his head to take notice to Barry Windham, clearly very visibly upset that Windham is interrupting his “celebration ceremony.” Windham gets into the ring and aggressively snatches the microphone from Luger’s hand. Windham gets face to face with Luger and doesn’t waste any time telling Luger about what lies ahead for him.
    Windham promises Luger that no matter where he goes or how safe he feels, or what he does, he “better look around every single corner”, because he will be there ready to reclaim his World Heavyweight Championship belt.

Luger laughs and tells Windham that he has not earned anything, and that he beat him time after time to ensure that Windham will never even have another shot at HIS belt again.

Windham and Luger look as if they are about to rip into each other until a production assistant quickly rushes into the ring to inform Luger that Sting is backstage HURT! Luger immediately darts out of the ring and to the backstage area to check on his best friend Sting. The camera man chases Luger in order to get the camera shot with commentary speculating the shock of what is going on and the seriousness of it. The camera pans the backstage area until an
    unconscious Sting is laying in the middle of the hallway surrounded by several EMTs. A completely distraught Luger bends over and holds the back of Sting’s head as the EMTs check his vitals and pull out a stretcher from the ambulance. Luger is frantic as he screams at the commissioner Bill Watts that he knows Barry Windham had something to do with this, and that he wants Barry to pay!

Watts tries to calm a raging Luger down, but Luger pushes Watts away, and just continues to hold onto his best friend as the EMT’s slowly roll him onto the stretcher. The show ends with Sting being rolled into an ambulance and Lex holding his hands on his head and fuming with anger about who did this to Sting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WCW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING presented by;

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Quick Results

Spoiler:

2 Cold Scorpio def. Rick Rude via pinfall at 0:31
    Big Van Vader def. P.N. News via pinfall at 4:11
    The Steiner Brothers def. Diamond Studd and Diamond Dallas Page via pinfall at 10:25

Cactus Jack def. Chris Benoit via pinfall at 11:20
    Ron Simmons def. Johnny B Badd via pinfall at 8:01

UPCOMING NETWORK TV SPECIAL

WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XVIII Card
    (Card Subject To Change)

WCW World Television Championship Tournament Final

Vacant versus Vacant

Last edited by Charlemm1; 06-09-2018 at 01:44 AM.

WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

#wc4horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

January 1 1992 -
    1. WCW World Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin suffered an injury to his right forearm during his match at Starrcade against 2 Cold Scorpio. Preliminary reports are saying that no surgery should be needed for this injury, but Austin is being required to stay out of in ring action for 10-12 weeks. Austin will not be taking a leave of absence from programming, but will be required to relinquish the WCW World Television Championship effective immediately.

#wc4horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING MAGAZINE
    JANUARY 1992 EDITION

HITS NEWS STANDS THIS WEDNESDAY!

Last edited by Charlemm1; 06-12-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Chikara Trainee

Status

A good opening to a show is a Dangerous Alliance opening to a show. The Rude promo was very much in character and I loved Madusa and Dangerously playing along with him. Love the Scorpio accepting the challenge. I was expecting a dominant Rude win, but you surprised me with a 2 Cold win which I liked. Looking forward to next week to see how you move this forward.

Very interesting Segment with Steamboat and Dustin. I am so excited to see what happens next, I think Dusty will be involved. I do think that you may want to rethink using “The Natural” as Dustins moniker going forward. Just seems so unlike his new demeanor. I think the eventual match between these two will be great but i think it will be a while down the road.

Good Vader match…You have to have a dominant heel for a plucky Babyface to conquer.

From Stunning to Stone Cold….this will be good….but don’t you mess up my Dangerous Alliance…It needs all its belts. HAHA

Interesting promo between Sting and Luger…I have a feeling that buddy, buddy Luger will not last long.

Dangerously is amazing on the microphone and the way you write for him is spot on. I really want to see how you continue to build up the Alliance…Hell, put Luger in there…he needs a mouth piece.

You are simply phenomenal at getting the essence of a wrestler….i could literally hear Funk speaking when I was reading. I feel you are going to do either a best of hardcore gimmicks or a Death Match with these two which will be awesome. I like that your slowly making ur WCW less hokey and more realist and “attitudish”

I like all the feuds your are putting together, but I must say my least favorite is Flair/Simmons…I was never a big fan of WCW Ron Simmons…maybe that clouding my judgement.

The Luger start to the ceremony was meh…picked up when Barry came out and now we have the mystery of who attacked Sting…ill put my money on Luger.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

::WCW WORLDWIDE EPISODE TWO::

-FRIDAY JANUARY 10, 1992-

from Atlanta, Georgia
    HOSTED BY, Eric Bischoff & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH
    QUALIFYING BID IN WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Shane Douglas defeated Eddie Guerrero via pinfall after a Belly to Belly Suplex at 8:44.

After the match is over, Shane Douglas helps Eddie Guerrero back up to his feet and the two shake hands congratulating one another for an excellent and hard fought match. Guerrero points to Douglas and tells him to "capture the gold" at Clash of the Champions in the finals of the WCW World Television Championship Tournament. Douglas poses for the crowd as commentary builds Douglas up as one of the most promising young talents in WCW, and hypes how Douglas is now officially in the elite eight of the contenders for the WCW World Television Championship. A graphic pops up on the screen with a picturesque photo of Douglas holding his fists out with a big smile on his face, with a box on the right of his picture showcasing Shane's bio with weight and height, while also noting the relatively huge success he had as one half of the "Dynamic Dudes" with Johnny Ace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH
    Marcus Alexander Bagwell defeated "Heavy Metal" Van Hammer via pinfall after a Hangman's Neckbreaker at 6:56.

After the match, Missy Hyatt runs out to the ring to catch a word with the next qualifying contender in the Television Championship tournament as a graphic pops up on the screen showcasing a photo of a smiling Marcus Alexander Bagewell with his credentials, really showcasing his measurements and the huge weight he can bench press with commentary building Bagwell up as the future of WCW who has the potential to use this TV Championship as a stepping stone into the top spot of WCW within just a couple years. Hyatt asks Bagwell how he feels going into the tournament, knowing that he quickly picked up a decisive victory against Van Hammer in just under seven minutes. Bagwell smiles and builds the athleticism of Van Hammer, but promises that tonight is just the beginning of even greater things to come. Bagwell looks into the camera intensely with his million dollar smile and says that he is coming for the TV Championship, and no one is gonna even come close to having the ability to strip that away from him. Bagwell slaps his hard chest a few times and licks his lips with a smile before leaving the ring and leaving Missy Hyatt flustered.

MEDICAL UPDATE ON THE CONDITION OF WCW SUPERSTAR, STING

Commentary builds the devastating injuries that Sting suffered at the end of last week's WCW Saturday Night, and sells the suspense and the mystery of who the attacker was. Clips show Sting being attended to by medical personnel and raised into the ambulance at the arena last week, with a special focus around Lex Luger arguing with WCW Commissioner Bill Watts to "do something", and that he wants "whoever was responsible to pay for hurting his friend." Ominous music plays in the background with black and white images of a brutally beaten and bloody Sting wincing in pain and Luger looking at him with a concerned look on his face, reassuring him that "everything is going to be okay", and that "he is going to find out who did this." The clips end of the brutalized Sting and focus on Sting's doctor explaining the contusions on Sting's forehead and sells the amount of blood that Sting lost during the attack. The doctor explains that Sting will make a full recovery, but it could've been a lot worse with what looks to be an attack from a wooden baseball bat on Sting. The camera shot zooms in on Sting's bloody face as the scene comes to a close and commentary in the background repeatedly exclaims, "But who did this to Sting?"

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH
    Michael WallStreet (w/Alexandra York) defeated Chris Benoit via pinfall after a Stock Market Crash (Samoan Drop) at 9:14.

Before the match, Michael WallStreet comes strutting out through the curtain with Alexandra York as the crowd showers the two with the loudest boos of the entire night. WallStreet just smirks at the crowd as commentary builds the double cross of Richard Morton and pushes the demand of WallStreet changing the direction of The York Foundation. WallStreet cuts a promo that he promised to change The York Foundation for the better and to "chop off the dead weight", and that is exactly what happens tonight, when The York Foundation takes control of WCW and the first of many titles comes home to the Foundation, and Michael WallStreet. WallStreet promises to not only beat Chris Benoit tonight to get his bid into the tournament, but to wipe out everyone he comes across in the tournament until he is announced as the REIGNING DEFENDING AND DOMINANT WCW World Television Champion! WallStreet builds how money and power is the one true defining entity that turns a man into a great man, and with the deals he is cutting on WallStreet and backstage in WCW, there is no doubt in his mind that anybody will capture the TV Championship, other than himself. Benoit comes out and the match starts with the rookie Benoit clearly holding his own against WallStreet, but the tide slowly starts to turn when Alexandra York is successful at distracting the referee long enough for WallStreet to low blow Benoit and then quickly take control of the match, putting the final exclamation point with his signature Stock Market Crash! WallStreet picks up the pinfall and the show comes to a close as Alexandra York and him celebrate in the ring and taunt at the booing crowd. Right before the cameras come to a close, the tournament bracket for the World Television Championship flashes on the screen as commentary builds that the tournament to crown a new TV Champion starts tomorrow night on WCW Saturday Night!

WCW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING presented by;

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

#wc4horsemen

Chikara Trainee

Status

3 very good matchups for the entrance into the TV title tournament. I feel like one of either Marcus Bagwell or Shane Douglas have to make it past their first round match up...i just struggle with who b/c Shane drew Vader and i wouldnt want him to beat Vader...and then Bagwell has Wallstreet...im going hold off until i read more to make any predictions...but Pillman/Liger has MOTY potential...i love Brian Pillman so much....nice segment on the Sting incident and i am sure we will see more of that on the "A show" WCWSN. Looking forward to when that is posted and cant wait for COTC.

Main Eventer

Status

Vader definitely feels too big a name for this TV Title tournament.

I'm hopeful the winner comes from the first half of the bracket and as great as Liger is I hope we get Pillman and Wallstreet in the semi-final. Wallstreet has been built up nicely here and I'm keen to see him get a rub to continue his push.

Also it's plainly obvious that Luger is behind the attack on Sting. Good old school booking though.

Outside the world title there is definitely a lot of interesting undercard feuds such as Flair/Simmons, Rhodes/Steamboat, Cactus/Funk and The Steiner Brothers against Eaton/Anderson. As well as the Rude/Scorpion feud.

Finally it sucks that Steve Austin is out for the time being but that also makes me wonder what will happen if Pillman wins Austin's vacated title.

I'm getting into it. You've always been a great writer, let's just hope that you really push the envelope with this one and keep churning out the shows.

Just give me the damn wooden spoon already!!!

Be The Booker : WWE 2012 A New Direction

Upcoming PPV

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING MAGAZINE
    JANUARY 1992 EDITION

HITS NEWS STANDS THIS WEDNESDAY!

An Exclusive Preview Of This Month's Edition of WCW Magazine!

#wc4horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

#wc4horsemen

Chikara Trainee

Status

This is purely amazing...the effort is amazing...i hope to see WCWSN posted soon

Thread Information