Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

That was a great starcade up and down was easy to read the match's were good.

I love that you had Pillman open up with the win

I love Michael Wallstreet makes me think of million dollar man which in wcw would been perfect.

I think my favorite match though was Butcher vs. Jack hope he comes back soon

Rhodes turning on Steamboat right call I think since Steamboat huge face gives Runnels a chance to be a heel

Sting wins kind of thought so

great show

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Underdog

Status

One of my fav PPVs of 1991 is Starrcade and one of my fav matches of all time is Johnny Badd vs. Brian Pillman from Fall Brawl 95..if u havnt watched it, check it out. I like Pillman going over as he was the bigger star at the time and can be a big star in this thread.

This would be another great match. I personally would of spread these two matches out on the show just b/c they are so similar in a style of match. Scorpio going over is another good decision b/c Liger will prob be used sporadically.

Again, good decision having Simmons going over Studd, b/c he wasn’t the big star yet. I feel you make good decisions based on the time period.

Strong promo from Lex, putting himself over hard and getting some character development out of him.

Nice turn from York and I feel like Wallstreet will be the head of the new York Foundation which should be fun to see.

Again good decision to have Steiners win the match…I feel like the British Invasion will get the best of this feud bc they are one of “your” teams.

Austin should be a star and I hope you are going make him one in WCW. The Dangerous Alliance is one of my fav factions and I hope you do right by them.

Barbaric barb rope match…I wonder if this means you are going to be taking WCW to a more physical hardcore manner with some of the talent.

Yes!!! Building the Dangerous Alliance up some and I love it…The Rhodes/Steamboat feud should be really good to watch…you def have me intrigued.

Im ok with Sting winning as it was different from the expected win of Flair…I always felt WCW didn’t get enough out of Sting vs. Luger…idk why but for the longest time I thought Sting and Luger were cousins when I was younger. Haha

Luger winning the match is good b/c I just feel he is the better pick as a champion. 40 mins for a main event with Luger in it possibly was a tad long, but I didn’t have to physically watch it haha

Mid-Card Champion

Status

World Championship Wrestling Presents: "WCW Saturday Night" Episode One
    Saturday January 4, 1992 | TBS SuperStation

Center Stage | Atlanta, Georgia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Championship Wrestling Welcomes 1992!

The show opens up with a video package showcasing the history of the NWA/WCW World Heavyweight Championship and the major title victories of Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, and others. Dramatic music plays in the background recapping the brutal 25 minutes of the BattleBowl last Sunday night at Starrcade to determine the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Notable eliminations are featured of Ron Simmons eliminating The Nature Boy, Cactus Jack and Terry Funk eliminating each other, and then Sting finally winning the match by eliminating the WCW United States Champion, Rick Rude. The video package shows a triumphant Sting celebrating with the crowd before it moves on to show the vicious fight inside the steel cage between Lex Luger and Barry Windham for the World title. Luger is shown at the end finally crashing down to the outside to retain his World Heavyweight Championship, and then posing with his belt while Barry Windham looks at the crowd with a disappointed and defeated look on his face. The video comes to an end when the Starrcade logo explodes.

A new WCW Saturday Night intro video is also introduced with an upbeat
    “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark playing in the background, as the new theme song of WCW Saturday Night. The intro showcases all the current WCW talent, but especially focusing on WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger and the future of WCW being built up as the greatest assortment of new, hot, young talent in Ron Simmons, “Flyin” Brian Pillman, Michael WallStreet, “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes, “Stunning” Steve Austin, and the exciting tag team division featuring The Steiner Brothers. The intro video ends and cameras pan the sold-out Center Stage in Atlanta, Georgia as the riotous crowd is deafening and commentary brings in the exciting first episode in 1992 of WCW Saturday Night!

Tony Schiavone hypes up the huge night coming off the hinges of a very exciting Starrcade this past Sunday night with Lex Luger the reigning and defending WCW World Heavyweight Champion along with the new number one contender and winner of the 1991 BattleBowl, Sting!
    Schiavone builds the excitement of what is to happen when Lex Luger finally puts his World Heavyweight Championship on the line against his best friend and now new number one contender Sting at SuperBrawl II. Commentary builds up how tonight the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger is holding a special celebration ceremony to honor himself as the reigning and defending champion, and that he holds a special message to the fans of World Championship Wrestling. Schiavone with a sarcastic tone speculates about what Luger’s “special message” is gonna consist of, while Zybszko builds Luger up as someone who should feel very proud of all his accomplishments and the hard fought victory he had over the legend Barry Windham on Sunday night at Starrcade.

As the cameras pan the crowd, the Dangerous Alliance music blares over the PA and the WCW United States Champion “Ravishing” Rick Rude struts out through the curtain playing to the booing crowd. As he makes his way down the ramp with Paul E Dangerously and Madusa, commentary builds how strong of a showing Rick Rude gave in the BattleBowl when he was one of the final two participants, only to be dramatically eliminated by the winner, Sting. Rude doesn’t seem to be phased by this as he taunts at the booing crowd and does his usual schtick in the ring with Madusa slowly taking off his robe and him flexing his muscles to the crowd with his shiny United States Championship fastened around his waist. Rude cuts his music off and motions for Paul E to give him a microphone. Rude waits a few moments as the crowd continues to boo at him and Paul E screams at them to “shut up” and “show respect.” Rude laughs and tells Paul E that “these people down home in ATLANTUHHH GEORGIA aren’t civilized enough to have respect in themselves, nevertheless respect anyone else.”

This riles the crowd up even more with their anti-Rude chants all while Rude, Paul E, and Madusa arrogantly smirk at the crowd and chuckle to themselves. Rude starts right in cutting a promo about how last Sunday night he was robbed of his chance to be the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, and that Sting “does exactly what he does best, which is cheat his way to a victory.” Rude’s demeanor changes and he starts belittling Sting about all the successes he has had in his career being nothing but flukes.

“And does anybody really want to see the two teenage boyfriends Lex Luger and Sting battle it out for the World Heavyweight Championship? Give me a break! I think we all know who the world wants to see as their World Heavyweight Champion, and that is a real winner…a real champion, heh, a real MAN like Ravishing Rick Rude!!”

Rude throws his arms up in a pose to the booing crowd while Paul E and Madusa point at him and bow down to him. Rude moves on from Sting and starts building himself up as the
    strongest WCW United States Champion there has ever been, and that OFFICIALLY TODAY it will be 48 days since the world changed and the United States Championship went home to the real champion of champions and “I beat that clown make up Nancy, Sting for my US Title!” Rude continues his promo on building up how he has beaten every single man in this business, and that no man could ever come close to “stepping into this ring and defeating a champion like me.” Rude shows clips of how he laid waste to Marcus Alexander Bagwell last night on WCW WorldWide and challenges anyone else who even THINKS they can do what no man could ever “dream of doing before.”

The enthusiastic and charismatic fan favorite 2 Cold Scorpio struts out through the curtain, obviously taking Rude’s challenge.
    Rude, Paul E, and Madusa immediately bust out into a unison of over the top laughter, as Scorpio makes his way into the ring and Rude acts as if he is going to have a heart attack at the thought of 2 Cold Scorpio actually believing he could pin him. Scorpio is fearless as he steps up to the over zealous United States Champion. Rude and Scorpio are face to face as Scorpio just stands there looking back and forth at Rude’s United States Championship and Rude’s face. Rude smirks and provokes Scorpio, “You actually think you could beat the WCW United Sta…” Scorpio cuts Rude off with a punch to the face heard around the world!

Normal Non-Title Match
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude (w/Paul E Dangerously & Madusa) versus 2 Cold Scorpio

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    A referee jumps into the ring and calls for the bell as Rude stands there holding his face, looking at Scorpio with wide eyes and a shocked look. Rude takes off his belt and darts at Scorpio, but the athletic and agile Scorpio slides underneath Rude’s legs, dropkicks him in the back into the turnbuckle and then follows up with a small package out of nowhere! 1…2…3!! 2 Cold Scorpio picks up the shocking upset victory over the United States Champion!!

Spoiler:

Winner: 2 Cold Scorpio by pinfall

As soon as the bell rings, 2 Cold Scorpio quickly scurries out of the ring in excitement, jumping up and down and rallying up the riotous crowd behind him. Paul E Dangerously and Madusa both jump into the ring with wide eyes and a shocked look on their faces as Rude sits on his knees for a few seconds completely in shock of what just happened. But after just a few seconds, Rude grows completely irate, jumping up to his feet and trying to push passed Paul E in anger and to get to 2 Cold Scorpio. Rude screams at the referee that he wasn't ready, and that he wants the match restarted RIGHT NOW! Paul E tries to restrain Rude, pleading with him to just let it go right now, and to let him handle it. But Rude wants nothing of Paul E's reassuring and goes completely ballistic in the ring screaming for 2 Cold to come back to the ring and fight him like a man!

Commentary sells the shock of what just happened with 2 Cold Scorpio picking up the quick pinfall upset over the WCW United States Champion, Rick Rude!! Paul E pleads with a raging Rude to calm down as the referee quickly slides out of the ring to avoid Rude attacking him. Paul E turns around and screams at the crowd to "shut up" and that 2 Cold Scorpio cheapshotted his client and DID NOT WIN! 2 Cold laughs and pesters the Dangerous Alliance from the ramp, dancing up the ramp and posing for the crowd. 2 Cold's bolsterous attitude and demeanor only angers Rude more and Rude is about to jump out of the ring until Paul E demands that 2 Cold Scorpio come to WCW Saturday Night next week and give his client a rematch for this cheap shot fluke that happened. 2 Cold nods his head "yes" and laughs as he counts "1...2...3" on his hand before dancing back through the curtain while Rude is shaking in anger in the center of the ring and the scene fades to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

I Am Tired Of Carrying This Team

Cameras open up from the commercial break to show Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat in plain clothes walking out with a look of distraught and conflict to a riotous crowd. As Steamboat shakes his head making his way down to the ring, commentary shows clips of Starrcade when Steamboat and Rhodes lost the tag team titles, and then when Steamboat was blatantly attacked by Dustin Rhodes after the match was over. Commentary sells the shock of Rhodes attacking Steamboat and the emotions that must be running through his former best friend and tag team partner, Ricky Steamboat.

Steamboat gets into the ring and starts to cut a heartfelt promo about how he has been on a whirlwind for the past six days after what happened at Starrcade in the match, and what happened after with Dustin Rhodes. Steamboat takes a deep breath and regretfully explains how
    sorry he is and how many regrets he has about going for “that flying lariat” when he should’ve known that a veteran like Arn Anderson would quickly get back up to his feet to catch him. Steamboat looks towards the camera with a look of despair and apologizes to Dustin for “screwing it all up” and “costing them the WCW World Tag Team Championships.” Steamboat explains that he realizes emotions were probably running wild and high for Dustin, and that he understands why Dustin might’ve had a lapse of judgement after the match when he attacked him. Steamboat continues on speaking out to Rhodes that they can “put this all behind them”, and “get back into that world tag team title picture ASAP.

Steamboat’s uplifting proposal to Dustin is quickly interrupted by “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes himself walking out through the curtain with an irate and disturbed look on his face as his bottom lip quivers. Rhodes quickly gets into the ring and snatches the microphone from Steamboat cutting a scathing and vicious promo on him that
    he is completely 100 percent everything that is wrong with the professional wrestling business. Dustin exclaims to Steamboat that he refuses to take responsibility for his actions, and that all his heartfelt apologizes and uplifting promos is nothing but a façade from Steamboat to not realize that “this business has clearly passed him by.” Steamboat doesn’t say a word as he holds his head down and Dustin continues berating him on the microphone, screaming at The Dragon that he was the one who stripped them of the tag team titles, “not Dustin Rhodes, not Bobby Eaton, not Arn Anderson, but Ricky Steamboat screwed us!” Steamboat has heard enough and tries to reason with Rhodes, promising that they will “get their tag titles back”, but that they “have to work together and remain focused as a team.

Rhodes snaps and rares back with an open hand slap to the legend, screaming even louder at Steamboat that “this is enough!” Rhodes pauses and stares intensely at Steamboat who holds the side of his face, selling the slap. “Ya know Ricky, I am tired of carrying this team, and I am tired of you trying to propel your never was career on my coat tails! I am finished!

Steamboat looks at Dustin with a distraught and shocked look on his face, clearly taking in every single thing that Rhodes is throwing at him. “And quite frankly Ricky, just looking at you…and looking at the man you have become, if you can even call yourself that, makes me want to drop to my knees and throw up all over this ring in front of these disgusting people!”

The crowd boos at the deliberate shot at them, but Steamboat is the one to cut Rhodes off with anger slowly starting to set in.
    Steamboat uncharacteristically screams back at Dustin that he better think long and hard about what he does next in this situation. Rhodes and Steamboat stare each other down, not taking their eyes off one another for a few moments. Dustin grins and chuckles to himself before leaning in closer to Steamboat’s face.

“Ricky, I know EXACTLY what I’m gonna do next. Quite frankly,
    I am going to give you EXACTLY what you deserve.

Rhodes out of nowhere spits in Steamboat’s face and then storms out of the ring as commentary sells it like a gun just went off! Steamboat’s eyes widen and he stares at Rhodes in shock, as Rhodes just storms up the ramp and through the curtain in a huff, absolutely disgusted at his FORMER tag team partner. The scene fades to a commercial as Tony says in a shocked and monotone voice, “Larry I just can’t fathom the amount of disrespect from Dustin Rhodes…wow.”

Commercial Break

Normal Singles Match
    Big Van Vader versus P.N. News

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    Big Van Vader is obviously still very upset about coming up just barely short during the BattleBowl #1 contender's battle royal at Starrcade, so he is in vicious form tonight as he completely obliterates the defenseless and fun loving P.N. News. Each time that it looks as if PN News might make some sort of comeback, Vader completely derails it with several variations of power moves that shake the entire foundation of the ring as he drops down on News with a thud. Throughout the match, commentary builds up how strong Big Van Vader is and how he eliminated the most men in the 20 man battle royal last Sunday night at Starrcade. Each time that Vader drops down with a big power move he screams out towards the crowd like an absolute monster. Vader finally ends PN's misery by finishing him off with a very decisive and destructive Vader Bomb from the top rope crashing onto a completely laid out PN News.

Spoiler:

Winner: Big Van Vader by pinfall

After the match is over, Big Van Vader immediately gets back up to his feet and taunts at the booing crowd as commentary sells the destruction that he has laid waste to in the ring, and hypes how Big Van Vader looks like he is on a mission to completely destroy everything in his path in WCW until he gets his hands back on an opportunity like Sunday night. Big Van Vader looks directly into the camera and screams that it's "VADER TIME NOW!" before pushing the ring announcer David Penzer down in his path and storming out of the ring.

There Is Gonna Be Hell To Pay

The scene switches to the backstage area where it shows the WCW World Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin with a morose, but extremely surly look on his face as he clinches tightly onto his WCW TV Championship. The camera zooms in to focus on Austin's wrapped up forearm, obviously still being hurt from the devastating 450 Splash from 2 Cold Scorpio at Starrcade. Austin is standing alongside Eric Bischoff for an interview segment as Bischoff brings the segment in announcing that Steve Austin requested this interview spot, and then directs his attention to Austin himself to ask him what is going on and why he called for this interview. Austin looks up at Bischoff with a psychotic look in his eyes before he cuts Bischoff off and starts to rage and cut a scathing promo about how time after time he has constantly been held down by every single member of management in WCW since he came "to this crap shoot place." Austin explains that he is being asked, no, forced to relinquish his WCW World Television Championship, "because of the jackass who broke his forearm!"

The bleep is late on "jackass" but Austin continues on threatening that when he does come back from this injury and his arm heals, there is gonna be hell to pay to everyone who "worked their magic" to take this belt off of him. Austin continues to drone on getting more and more angry about how he thinks it's a "damn shame" that WCW didn't have the guts to tell him all of this to his face; and that he had to wait until he got to the arena to get a phone call from the "fat commissioner" Bill Watts, that because he is not medically cleared, he has to relinquish his WCW World Television Championship belt until he can come back to action. Before Austin can continue on too much longer, the WCW Commissioner Bill Watts charges over and tries to interrupt Steve Austin, but Austin just pulls away with the microphone continuing to drone on about the injustices.

Watts reassures Austin that when he does come back from injury and
    IS MEDICALLY CLEARED, he will have his rematch for the WCW World Television Championship, no questions asked. This completely sets off a raging Steve Austin as he takes offense to the thought of having to "win the belt back" when he never lost it to begin with. Austin gets face to face with Watts and screams that he "already won the damn belt and doesn't need to win back nothing." Watts puts his arm on Austin's shoulder, and Austin quickly and aggressively brushes Bill's hand off and screams at him not to touch him. Watts slowly takes the WCW World Television Championship belt out of Austin's clutches as Austin just stands shaking his head and clinching his fists in anger.

Bill tries to give advice to Steve to go home and just "cool down" and to come back when he is medically cleared. Austin throws his arms out and then gets into Bill's face, eye to eye with him and with a quiet but very powerful tone tells Bill that "he will be back, and he will end that son of a bit** 2 Cold Scorpio's career for good for doing this to him." Watts reassures Austin that he will have his rematch before Austin shakes his head and lets out an audible "PSH" before storming off the set.

Watts takes a deep breath and slowly turns around to face the camera, announcing that starting next week there will be an eight man single elimination tournament to decide who will be the next WCW World Television Champion, and the final match will conclude in three weeks at Clash of the Champions XVIII before the scene slowly fades to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

Showing Respect

As the cameras come back from the commercial break, Tony Schiavone apologizes for the language and commentary from now the former WCW World Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin, and sells how obviously this is just a very difficult time for Steve Austin, and that he is just frustrated with the entire situation. Schiavone repeats though that these are not the views and language expressed by World Championship Wrestling. The camera slowly zooms in to show the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger standing backstage with his #1 contender Sting in the locker room. Sting and Luger look to be in very positive spirits as Sting congratulates Luger on beating Barry Windham at Starrcade in the steel cage match, and tells Luger that he is extremely happy that he was able to beat Barry, because he knows that the better man and better FRIEND will win at SuperBrawl.

Luger smiles and then hugs Sting in a rare occurence of humility and kindness, explaining to Sting that if he were to lose HIS World Heavyweight Championship belt to anyone, he wouldn't want it to be anybody else but his best friend, Sting. Sting smiles and pats Luger on the shoulder, telling him that he is not going to hold anything back at SuperBrawl, but nomatter who comes out on top it is going to be one of the greatest matches in the history of professional wrestling. Luger concurs with Sting's comments and reassures him that it is
    definitely going to be an event that no one will "ever forget." Luger hugs Sting one more time before he walks out of the locker room with his World Heavyweight Championship belt draped over his shoulder, telling Sting that he wants him to come out tonight to the ring for his exclusive celebration ceremony with the belt. Sting nods his head and tells Luger that he will be there before Luger smiles back and walks out the door of the locker room.

Normal Tag Team Match
    The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner) versus Diamond Studd & Diamond Dallas Page

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

The Steiner Brothers clearly do not waste any time taking control of the match against Diamond Studd and Diamond Dallas Page. The Steiners get an early advantage with Scott Steiner using his strength to "out brute" Diamond Dallas Page in the early going, pouncing him into the mat with suplex after suplex, dropping him like a rag doll. Page desperately reaches for the tag and The Diamond Studd comes barreling in to give a better match up to Scott Steiner, but Steiner starts unloading shots on him as well and getting a slower upper hand. The match goes back and forth until The Diamond Studd goes for a running clothesline, only to be reversed into a belly to back suplex from Rick Steiner, and then followed up with a double diving shoulder block from both Rick and Scott Steiner from the top rope!

The Steiner Brothers are able to capitalize on their double teams and teamwork to establish a foundation that is impossible to break from the more inexperienced DDP and The Diamond Studd.
    With Studd completely laid out outside the ring, still reeling from the hard hitting shoulder blocks, Diamond Dallas Page is left out to dry when Scott Steiner finishes him off an Exploder Suplex, slamming Page’s head off the top of the hard canvas like a rock! BAM! Scott quickly covers Page for the pinfall and The Steiners continue to dominate in tag team action, clearly on a mission to get the attention of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, Arn Anderson and “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton.

Spoiler:

Winners: The Steiner Brothers by pinfall

After the match is over, a beaten senseless Diamond Dallas Page is rolled out from under the ring by The Diamond Studd. The Steiner Brothers pace back and forth in the middle of the ring, celebrating their victory and riling up the crowd behind them as commentary builds The Steiner Brothers as clearly the most dominant tag team in WCW, and that they look more determined and on fire than ever before. Schiavone brings us to a clip from last night’s WCW WorldWide when they called out the WCW World Tag Team Champions; while after no sign of the tag team champs, they sent the message that they are not “going away” and on their trail. Rick Steiner grabs a microphone once again in the center of the ring and is quick to the point to call out the WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton once again!

After a few moments of The Steiners trying to provoke the tag team champions to come out, instead it is their manager and advocate
    Paul E Dangerously who storms out with his usual swagger down to the ring already with a microphone in his hand, but clearly very annoyed about The Steiners repeated demands and threats to the new tag team champions. Dangerously cuts them off and as he walks down to the ring, explains to them that the WCW World Tag Team Champions cannot come out tonight, because “quite frankly they are still resting from their huge tag team title victory six days ago at Starrcade.” Paul E gets into the ring and keeps a safe distance from The Steiners, but explains that the WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton are just far too busy to attend every WCW show, and their prior commitments prevent them from being just common wrestlers on the show every single week like 2 Cold Scorpio…like “Flying” Brian Pillman…and even like The Steiner Brothers.

The Steiners start getting more aggressive with their demand that the tag team champions come out and face them, but Paul E climbs halfway out of the ring and reiterates that
    “if they attack him, he will sue them.” Paul E pushes back at The Steiners that even though the tag team champions are not here tonight, he has spoken to them about the challenge, and they are not very happy with the demands that The Steiners have been making over the past week against them. Paul E still is hanging halfway out of the ring under the top rope as he completely sets them off with the comment that “they are not worthy of the tag team champions’ time, and that they will show up when they are good and ready…and they may even make The Steiners eat those same words.”

Rick and Scott Steiner both charge at Paul E, but Paul quickly jumps out of the ring and to the outside of the ring to avoid an attack. Paul E throws his arms up in the air in exasperation and screams at the Steiners to “just wait” until the “alliance” is all back. Dangerously storms up the ramp in anger as Scott Steiner screams up at Dangerously that
    “they’ll be waiting for the yellow striped backs next week!” The scene slowly fades to a commercial as Zbyszko defends his former group and calls The Steiner Brothers “absolute lunatics who will get what’s coming to them soon enough!”

Commercial Break

Normal Singles Match
    Chris Benoit versus Cactus Jack

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    The match starts off with a raging lunatic Cactus Jack storming at Chris Benoit, and quickly tackling him down to the mat. Benoit tries to break free from Jack’s clutches, but Cactus Jack just continues to brawl with Benoit, hitting him with hard shot after hard shot to his face. After Cactus unloads several stiff shots to the head of Chris Benoit, he sits up onto his knees with a sick and twisted smile on his face and starts screaming “Bang Bang” before slamming his elbows into the throat of Chris Benoit. Throughout the match, Benoit tries to pick up an upper hand over Cactus Jack, but the lunatic cannot be stifled with Cactus Jack even using his own body to throw himself into Benoit. The match finally comes to an end when Cactus Jack finishes Benoit off with a DDT off the ring apron and to the outside of the ring on the concrete! BAM!!! Benoit is completely laid out unconscious on the floor as Jack hops back up onto his feet and starts punching himself several times, maniacally laughing at the damage he has unleashed on the famously proclaimed “Canadian Crippler.” Jack rolls Benoit’s unconscious body back into the ring and then covers him for the pinfall, 1…2…3! And with a very decisive and brutal victory, Cactus Jack continues to showcase his ability to do anything and everything to strike pain and fear into his opponent.

Spoiler:

Winner: Cactus Jack by pinfall

After the bell rings, Eric Bischoff darts down to the ring to catch a word with the raging and psychotic Cactus Jack. As several referees assist an unconscious Benoit out of the ring and up the ramp, Cactus just continues to laugh and stare with a psychotic look at the very badly hurt Chris Benoit. Bischoff frankly asks Cactus if he is in any regard remorseful of his actions just now against Chris Benoit, knowing that a DDT like that off the ring apron and to the concrete could permanently affect Benoit’s entire life, not just career. Cactus starts laughing even louder as his eyes widen and he looks into the ceiling. Cactus screams at Bischoff that last Sunday night he ”ended” Abdullah The Butcher, and that he doesn’t care to bring the entire WCW down with him until they all understand, ”….until they all understand that the myth they have built is nothing but a dream, and that human nature and the beasts inside all of us will unleash the fury to pursue the appetite of blood. My beast has an appetite for blood, and Imma let him have his dinner! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Bischoff starts to get a little bit more uncomfortable as he tries to back away from the psychotic Cactus Jack, but before Bischoff can get out of the ring, Terry Funk’s music blares over the PA and he comes darting out through the curtain, locking eyes with Cactus Jack and staring him down as he makes his way to the ring. As Funk makes his way down, commentary builds up how these two men eliminated each other from the BattleBowl last Sunday night and
    that they both had to be physically restrained so that they wouldn’t kill each other! Funk wastes no time getting in Cactus Jack’s face, as he snatches the microphone away from Eric Bischoff and pushes Eric to the side. Funk and Cactus Jack intensely stare each other down, locking eyes and staring deep into each other’s souls.

Funk cuts his music off and begins to cut a vicious promo on Cactus Jack that for several years now,
    he has heard people from every single side of “this world” talk about how Cactus Jack is the toughest professional wrestler in the entire world, and that Cactus Jack is the most dangerous professional wrestler there has ever been.

“And let me just tell you Mr. Cactus…Jack…I find that to be the most disrespectful thing I have ever heard in my over 20 years of being in this business! That’s a slap in the face to Terry Funk. That’s a slap in the face to the Funk name. That’s a SLAP IN THE FACE for the legacy and all the blood I have poured out of my BODY, and for what? For what? So someone little old dirty..nasty…brutal….stringy…disgusting little dog can scream bang bang, jump onto some concrete, and think HE IS the professionnnnnalll wrestling business, and that he is tough. Heh, Mr. Caaaaactus I am not scared of anyone! And when I think of you, it makes me absolutelyyyyyy sick. It makes me wanna throw up actually. It makes me want to show you HOW CRAZY…HOW VIOLENT…HOW TOUGHHHHH a man like Terry Funk can be.”

Terry pauses and is clearly getting more and more riled up as Cactus just stands there hanging onto his every word, continuing to stare into his eyes with a psychotic look and biting his lip. Funk shakes his head in disgust at Cactus Jack,
    “I have been jumping onto concrete floors…scraping heads across barbed wire…bleeding from head to toe and still getting up ready to fight some more…when you were still sucking on your momma’s floppy breast. Just thinkin’ of these people regarding you as the toughest and most psychotic wrestler in the world just makes me….ughhhhhh it makes me just want to….ahhhhh!!!”

Funk punches Cactus Jack in the face as the crowd pops and commentary sells the anger of Terry Funk on Cactus Jack!!!! Funk jumps on top of Cactus Jack and just starts wailing on him until Jack is able to switch the momentum and get his own shots in. Schiavone on commentary screams for security to come down and separate them, but the two just continue to brawl all around the ring exchanging some of the stiffest shots ever seen from these two! Funk and Cactus Jack scream out as they pull on each other’s hair, punch, kick, and do everything they can to the other until security is able to get down to the ring and finally separate both of them. Funk and Cactus Jack kick their feet towards each other, while commentary hypes them both up as mad men with no regard for the other in any shape or form. Terry Funk screams out at Cactus Jack begging Cactus to "taste his blood!" The scene fades to a commercial break as
    both men are carried off in opposite directions as they continue to try and break free, but are successfully being restrained by six security guards each.

Commercial Break

Normal Singles Match
    Johnny B. Badd versus Ron Simmons

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

The scene comes back from the commercial break to show Ron Simmons and Johnny B Badd going at it hard and fast right from the get go, with Ron Simmons taking a quick and early advantage. Schiavone on commentary builds Ron Simmons up as the most promising future star in WCW, and hypes the shock and awe last Sunday night when he ELIMINATED Ric Flair in the BattleBowl. Simmons utilizes his speed and agility to keep Badd coming and going at all times, with Simmons dropping Badd down several times with vertical snap suplexes, holding Badd up longer and longer each time to showcase his strength and power. Badd attempts to hold the referee in his way during a shoulder tackle from Simmons, but Simmons leaps over top of the referee and comes crashing down on Badd with a heavy shoulder tackle to wipe him out completely! BAM!!! 1…2….3!! Ron Simmons beats Johnny B Badd!

Spoiler:

Winner: Ron Simmons by pinfall

After the match is over Simmons struggles up to his feet and rallies up the crowd behind him and motions for a microphone. Simmons gets the microphone and cuts a promo about how he has worked “long and hard” to get to the spot he is in right now, and directly mentions Ric Flair, building up how when Ric Flair went on his “little hiatus” after losing the belt a lot changed in a short period of time. Simmons hypes how new athletes like himself picked up the load and rose up the ranks, and that now he is “going to be damned” if Ric Flair thinks he is just going to roll back into his old spot and rip apart everything that he has built over the last 7 months in WCW.

“So I’m not playin’ any more games with you Ric. If you got a problem with me being the champion, then you got a problem with me! You wanted to screw me out of MY SHOT at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship just because I bruised your ego when I threw you over the top rope? Are you serious? Nah nah! See Ric, you’re gonna find out real quick, when I say something, I mean it. I don’t go behind backs or cheat my way to the top, I come out with both guns blazing and if I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. It’s that simple. But you ripped away my title shot because you know that in this ring, you aren’t half the athlete or half the man that I am. If you had a real problem with me, all you had to do was say it! Ya know what? Psh. Son, come out here right now, and we can finish what we started at Starrcade and there aint gonna be no more games being played! No titles. No matches. No referees. Just me whippin’ your ass right here right now TONIGHT!

The crowd pops with excitement as Simmons throws down his microphone and starts pacing back and forth in the center of the ring. Commentary speculates if Ric Flair is gonna come out as Simmons holds his fists out, ready for a fight. It doesn’t seem Flair is gonna come at first, but right before Simmons gives up and goes to get out of the ring, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flairs come storming out through the curtain with wide eyes. Flair is absolutely irate at Simmons’ words as he storms down to the ring, looking as if he is going to rip into Ron Simmons right now. Flair gets into the ring and gets face to face with Ron Simmons, with neither man stepping down.

Ric Flair bends over and snatches the microphone aggressively from the mat and starts to cut a scathing promo on Ron Simmons that
    Simmons cannot even come close to being in “his league.” Flair builds all the championships he has won during his career and builds how when he left for 7 months after being screwed of his World Heavyweight Championship belt, WCW came begging him to step back into the squared circle, because they realized that their “current talent just couldn’t cut the mustard”, and that they needed back “their real star.” Simmons doesn’t say a word as he just continues to stare at Ric Flair with a cold and solemn look on his face. Flair laughs to himself for a moment and tells Simmons that he is sick and tired of people like Ron Simmons thinking they are in the same league as The Nature Boy, when they have done virtually nothing “in this great sport”, but carry the bags of the real champions like Ric Flair. Flair continues his promo talking about how Ron Simmons was nothing but a glorified bag carrier until he got his shot to step up to the plate, because the real world champion was busy doing other things.

“But boy, the Nature Boy is back. You can step down now. Ahem. The 9 time World Heavyweight Champion can take his spot back. And to address your point, heh, The Nature Boy would NEVER be jealous or feel threatened by…you. Look in the mirror boy. My solid gold rolex watch has more diamonds in it than dollars you have made in your entire life! Let’s just take a reality lesson, shall we? While you and your family were scraping pieces of bread off of broken plates in dumpsters behind restaurants…the Nature Boy was in those restaurants drinkin’ the finest wine. WOO! Eating the most expensive items on the menu with my golden spoon on these beautiful lips. Heh, and WOOOing the finest lookin’ women any man could buy. And you think I am jealous of you? Heh, sport,
    every single man in this arena tonight wishes they could be The Nature Boy! Every single woman in this arena tonight and throughout the entire world just wishes…WISHES, I would step out of my stretch limousine and allow them just TWO MINUTES on Space Mountain! The Nature Boy is not jealous of anybody, especially not some bottom feedin’ token from the housing projects on 4th street!”

Ron Simmons’ eyes grow wide and he pushes Flair aggressively into the corner, clearly very upset and offended by Ric Flair’s words. Flair immediately changes gears and gets serious as he stares down Ron Simmons and holds his fists out like he is going to fight. Simmons screams at Flair to “hit him.” But instead, Flair pulls his fist back and climbs out of the ring to the outside in retreat mode.

The crowd immediately boos as Flair shakes his head “no” and starts walking backwards up the ramp with the microphone still in his hand. Flair tells Simmons not to worry, because he is going to tear into him and rip him apart limb from limb, but not tonight. Flair explains that his custom made suit was way to expensive to “get dirty” and that unfortunately he did not bring his ring gear to the arena tonight, but that Simmons better think real long and hard of what he does next, because next time Flair will have his ring gear and he will be ready to teach him some respect.
    Simmons rolls his eyes and Tony Schiavone on commentary sells the obvious stall tactic from Ric Flair, while Larry Zbyzsko on commentary reiterates Flair’s statement that he cannot risk ruining such an expensive suit on trash like Ron Simmons. The scene fades to a commercial break as Flair and Simmons continue to stare each other down and taunt at one another.

Commercial Break

Celebration Ceremony

Cameras slowly come back from the commercial break as the entire ring canvas is covered in a very fine grained red velvet carpet with a large mirror set up in each corner of the ring. The WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger struts out from the back and slowly makes his way down to the ring with an arrogant smirk on his face, taunting and heelishly posing towards the booing crowd. As Luger makes his way down, Zbyzsko continues to put Luger over majorly as the most successful world champion there has ever been, and the fastest rising star in the history of professional wrestling, other than himself. Schiavone on commentary gives props to Luger for finally actually beating Barry Windham completely clean in the steel cage match at Starrcade. Luger stands in front of all the mirrors and flexes his muscles with his World Heavyweight Championship belt fastened around his waist. Luger looks at himself in the mirrors and arrogantly smirks and rubs his world title belt slowly, embellishing all the booing in the crowd and how “beautiful” his world title is.

Luger grabs a microphone in the ring and begins to cut a promo about how
    history was made at Starrcade when he not only beat Barry Windham to retain his World Heavyweight Championship, but he destroyed Barry’s entire legacy and family history in the professional wrestling business by showcasing to the world “who the real-world champion deserves to be.” Luger continues to build himself up as the strongest and most deserving champion there has ever been, with fate deciding a long time ago what WCW and the professional wrestling business needs, and that being “The Total Package” Lex Luger. Luger slobbers all over himself for a few more moments until Barry Windham comes storming out through the curtain to a loud positive response from the crowd.

Luger immediately turns his head to take notice to Barry Windham, clearly very visibly upset that Windham is interrupting his “celebration ceremony.” Windham gets into the ring and aggressively snatches the microphone from Luger’s hand. Windham gets face to face with Luger and doesn’t waste any time telling Luger about what lies ahead for him.
    Windham promises Luger that no matter where he goes or how safe he feels, or what he does, he “better look around every single corner”, because he will be there ready to reclaim his World Heavyweight Championship belt.

Luger laughs and tells Windham that he has not earned anything, and that he beat him time after time to ensure that Windham will never even have another shot at HIS belt again.

Windham and Luger look as if they are about to rip into each other until a production assistant quickly rushes into the ring to inform Luger that Sting is backstage HURT! Luger immediately darts out of the ring and to the backstage area to check on his best friend Sting. The camera man chases Luger in order to get the camera shot with commentary speculating the shock of what is going on and the seriousness of it. The camera pans the backstage area until an
    unconscious Sting is laying in the middle of the hallway surrounded by several EMTs. A completely distraught Luger bends over and holds the back of Sting’s head as the EMTs check his vitals and pull out a stretcher from the ambulance. Luger is frantic as he screams at the commissioner Bill Watts that he knows Barry Windham had something to do with this, and that he wants Barry to pay!

Watts tries to calm a raging Luger down, but Luger pushes Watts away, and just continues to hold onto his best friend as the EMT’s slowly roll him onto the stretcher. The show ends with Sting being rolled into an ambulance and Lex holding his hands on his head and fuming with anger about who did this to Sting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WCW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING presented by;

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Quick Results

Spoiler:

2 Cold Scorpio def. Rick Rude via pinfall at 0:31
    Big Van Vader def. P.N. News via pinfall at 4:11
    The Steiner Brothers def. Diamond Studd and Diamond Dallas Page via pinfall at 10:25

Cactus Jack def. Chris Benoit via pinfall at 11:20
    Ron Simmons def. Johnny B Badd via pinfall at 8:01

UPCOMING NETWORK TV SPECIAL

WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XVIII Card
    (Card Subject To Change)

WCW World Television Championship Tournament Final

Vacant versus Vacant

Last edited by Charlemm1; 06-09-2018 at 01:44 AM.

NOW PLAYING IN THE "BE THE BOOKER" SECTION!

BTB Awards and Recognitions
    Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

January 1 1992 -
    1. WCW World Television Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin suffered an injury to his right forearm during his match at Starrcade against 2 Cold Scorpio. Preliminary reports are saying that no surgery should be needed for this injury, but Austin is being required to stay out of in ring action for 10-12 weeks. Austin will not be taking a leave of absence from programming, but will be required to relinquish the WCW World Television Championship effective immediately.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING MAGAZINE
    JANUARY 1992 EDITION

HITS NEWS STANDS THIS WEDNESDAY!

Last edited by Charlemm1; 06-12-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Underdog

Status

A good opening to a show is a Dangerous Alliance opening to a show. The Rude promo was very much in character and I loved Madusa and Dangerously playing along with him. Love the Scorpio accepting the challenge. I was expecting a dominant Rude win, but you surprised me with a 2 Cold win which I liked. Looking forward to next week to see how you move this forward.

Very interesting Segment with Steamboat and Dustin. I am so excited to see what happens next, I think Dusty will be involved. I do think that you may want to rethink using “The Natural” as Dustins moniker going forward. Just seems so unlike his new demeanor. I think the eventual match between these two will be great but i think it will be a while down the road.

Good Vader match…You have to have a dominant heel for a plucky Babyface to conquer.

From Stunning to Stone Cold….this will be good….but don’t you mess up my Dangerous Alliance…It needs all its belts. HAHA

Interesting promo between Sting and Luger…I have a feeling that buddy, buddy Luger will not last long.

Dangerously is amazing on the microphone and the way you write for him is spot on. I really want to see how you continue to build up the Alliance…Hell, put Luger in there…he needs a mouth piece.

You are simply phenomenal at getting the essence of a wrestler….i could literally hear Funk speaking when I was reading. I feel you are going to do either a best of hardcore gimmicks or a Death Match with these two which will be awesome. I like that your slowly making ur WCW less hokey and more realist and “attitudish”

I like all the feuds your are putting together, but I must say my least favorite is Flair/Simmons…I was never a big fan of WCW Ron Simmons…maybe that clouding my judgement.

The Luger start to the ceremony was meh…picked up when Barry came out and now we have the mystery of who attacked Sting…ill put my money on Luger.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

::WCW WORLDWIDE EPISODE TWO::

-FRIDAY JANUARY 10, 1992-

from Atlanta, Georgia
    HOSTED BY, Eric Bischoff & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH
    QUALIFYING BID IN WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Shane Douglas defeated Eddie Guerrero via pinfall after a Belly to Belly Suplex at 8:44.

After the match is over, Shane Douglas helps Eddie Guerrero back up to his feet and the two shake hands congratulating one another for an excellent and hard fought match. Guerrero points to Douglas and tells him to "capture the gold" at Clash of the Champions in the finals of the WCW World Television Championship Tournament. Douglas poses for the crowd as commentary builds Douglas up as one of the most promising young talents in WCW, and hypes how Douglas is now officially in the elite eight of the contenders for the WCW World Television Championship. A graphic pops up on the screen with a picturesque photo of Douglas holding his fists out with a big smile on his face, with a box on the right of his picture showcasing Shane's bio with weight and height, while also noting the relatively huge success he had as one half of the "Dynamic Dudes" with Johnny Ace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH
    Marcus Alexander Bagwell defeated "Heavy Metal" Van Hammer via pinfall after a Hangman's Neckbreaker at 6:56.

After the match, Missy Hyatt runs out to the ring to catch a word with the next qualifying contender in the Television Championship tournament as a graphic pops up on the screen showcasing a photo of a smiling Marcus Alexander Bagewell with his credentials, really showcasing his measurements and the huge weight he can bench press with commentary building Bagwell up as the future of WCW who has the potential to use this TV Championship as a stepping stone into the top spot of WCW within just a couple years. Hyatt asks Bagwell how he feels going into the tournament, knowing that he quickly picked up a decisive victory against Van Hammer in just under seven minutes. Bagwell smiles and builds the athleticism of Van Hammer, but promises that tonight is just the beginning of even greater things to come. Bagwell looks into the camera intensely with his million dollar smile and says that he is coming for the TV Championship, and no one is gonna even come close to having the ability to strip that away from him. Bagwell slaps his hard chest a few times and licks his lips with a smile before leaving the ring and leaving Missy Hyatt flustered.

MEDICAL UPDATE ON THE CONDITION OF WCW SUPERSTAR, STING

Commentary builds the devastating injuries that Sting suffered at the end of last week's WCW Saturday Night, and sells the suspense and the mystery of who the attacker was. Clips show Sting being attended to by medical personnel and raised into the ambulance at the arena last week, with a special focus around Lex Luger arguing with WCW Commissioner Bill Watts to "do something", and that he wants "whoever was responsible to pay for hurting his friend." Ominous music plays in the background with black and white images of a brutally beaten and bloody Sting wincing in pain and Luger looking at him with a concerned look on his face, reassuring him that "everything is going to be okay", and that "he is going to find out who did this." The clips end of the brutalized Sting and focus on Sting's doctor explaining the contusions on Sting's forehead and sells the amount of blood that Sting lost during the attack. The doctor explains that Sting will make a full recovery, but it could've been a lot worse with what looks to be an attack from a wooden baseball bat on Sting. The camera shot zooms in on Sting's bloody face as the scene comes to a close and commentary in the background repeatedly exclaims, "But who did this to Sting?"

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH
    Michael WallStreet (w/Alexandra York) defeated Chris Benoit via pinfall after a Stock Market Crash (Samoan Drop) at 9:14.

Before the match, Michael WallStreet comes strutting out through the curtain with Alexandra York as the crowd showers the two with the loudest boos of the entire night. WallStreet just smirks at the crowd as commentary builds the double cross of Richard Morton and pushes the demand of WallStreet changing the direction of The York Foundation. WallStreet cuts a promo that he promised to change The York Foundation for the better and to "chop off the dead weight", and that is exactly what happens tonight, when The York Foundation takes control of WCW and the first of many titles comes home to the Foundation, and Michael WallStreet. WallStreet promises to not only beat Chris Benoit tonight to get his bid into the tournament, but to wipe out everyone he comes across in the tournament until he is announced as the REIGNING DEFENDING AND DOMINANT WCW World Television Champion! WallStreet builds how money and power is the one true defining entity that turns a man into a great man, and with the deals he is cutting on WallStreet and backstage in WCW, there is no doubt in his mind that anybody will capture the TV Championship, other than himself. Benoit comes out and the match starts with the rookie Benoit clearly holding his own against WallStreet, but the tide slowly starts to turn when Alexandra York is successful at distracting the referee long enough for WallStreet to low blow Benoit and then quickly take control of the match, putting the final exclamation point with his signature Stock Market Crash! WallStreet picks up the pinfall and the show comes to a close as Alexandra York and him celebrate in the ring and taunt at the booing crowd. Right before the cameras come to a close, the tournament bracket for the World Television Championship flashes on the screen as commentary builds that the tournament to crown a new TV Champion starts tomorrow night on WCW Saturday Night!

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Underdog

Status

3 very good matchups for the entrance into the TV title tournament. I feel like one of either Marcus Bagwell or Shane Douglas have to make it past their first round match up...i just struggle with who b/c Shane drew Vader and i wouldnt want him to beat Vader...and then Bagwell has Wallstreet...im going hold off until i read more to make any predictions...but Pillman/Liger has MOTY potential...i love Brian Pillman so much....nice segment on the Sting incident and i am sure we will see more of that on the "A show" WCWSN. Looking forward to when that is posted and cant wait for COTC.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Vader definitely feels too big a name for this TV Title tournament.

I'm hopeful the winner comes from the first half of the bracket and as great as Liger is I hope we get Pillman and Wallstreet in the semi-final. Wallstreet has been built up nicely here and I'm keen to see him get a rub to continue his push.

Also it's plainly obvious that Luger is behind the attack on Sting. Good old school booking though.

Outside the world title there is definitely a lot of interesting undercard feuds such as Flair/Simmons, Rhodes/Steamboat, Cactus/Funk and The Steiner Brothers against Eaton/Anderson. As well as the Rude/Scorpion feud.

Finally it sucks that Steve Austin is out for the time being but that also makes me wonder what will happen if Pillman wins Austin's vacated title.

I'm getting into it. You've always been a great writer, let's just hope that you really push the envelope with this one and keep churning out the shows.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING MAGAZINE
    JANUARY 1992 EDITION

HITS NEWS STANDS THIS WEDNESDAY!

An Exclusive Preview Of This Month's Edition of WCW Magazine!

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Underdog

Status

This is purely amazing...the effort is amazing...i hope to see WCWSN posted soon

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I commend you on the effort on the magazine. It's clear that it would have taken quite a bit of time and I appreciate the visual and these extra touches to a BTB. You've proved you are a talented writer in the past and I'd just implore you to focus on churning out more of these fun shows, and then worry about these extra things once the thread is well and truly up and running.

Enjoying the new attitude of Rhodes though, and Flair/Simmons as well as Luger/Sting when Luger is revealed as the attacker all sounds promising as hell. I look forward to reading more.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

World Championship Wrestling Presents: "WCW Saturday Night" Episode Two
    Saturday January 11, 1992 | TBS SuperStation
    Center Stage | Atlanta, Georgia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WCW World Television Championship Tournament Quarter Final
    "Flyin" Brian Pillman versus Jushin "Thunder" Liger

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    As soon as the bell rings, it is full speed ahead for both the agile and athletic Brian Pillman and Thunder Liger. The match goes back and forth with high spot after high spot keeping the crowd on their feet.
    Commentary hypes these two up as the most definitive and exciting professional wrestlers in the world today, while also hyping World Championship Wrestling for having the hottest talent in the world. Liger and Pillman chain wrestle in the early going, but both men seem to know exactly what the other is going to do next, and it ends in a stand off between the two. The crowd is at fever pitch as Liger goes for a Liger Bomb on the dazed Pillman, but it is quickly reversed into a quick small package from Pillman, 1...2...Liger kicks out at the count of three just in the knick of time. Liger leaps off Pillman and just stares at him, obviously getting more and more upset at Pillman trying to pull a fast one over him!

Pillman and Liger continue to lock up with each man reversing move after move with no clear dominating factor until Liger catches Pillman leaping for a flying clothesline with a guillotine drop onto the top rope followed by a brainbuster onto the mat face first, finished off with a quick standing lionsault! BAM! But as Liger goes for the pinfall, Pillman is able to kick out at the count of two and somehow someway roll it into a small package pin of his own, 1...2..Liger kicks out again! Liger's anger quickly takes over him as he pulls himself up with the middle rope and starts unloading vicious kicks to the dazed Pillman. Commentary sells this match as truly a classic and the importance of advancing onto the semi finals of the WCW World Television Championship tournament, and how it could truly be a real stepping stone for both of these men in World Championship Wrestling! Liger picks Pillman up, but Pillman is right there to catch Liger with a shoulder uppercut and then a tornado DDT out of nowhere!
    Pillman has Liger down!

Pillman goes to cover Liger, but instead holds back and then proceeds to leap onto the top turnbuckle. Pillman looks around at the crowd with nervousness and then proceeds to leap off in dramatic fashion with a shooting star press onto Jushin Thunder Liger with a thud!! BAM!!!
    "Oh my god Larry! I don't think we've ever seen Flyin' Brian Pillman do anything like that!! My god!!!" Pillman covers Liger for the pin...1.....2....3!! Pillman wins! Pillman advances to the semi finals of the world television championship tournament!!"

Spoiler:

Winner: Flyin' Brian Pillman by pinfall to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament

Zbyszko on commentary commends Pillman and Liger both for their very strong performance and sounds completely in shock at Pillman's huge shooting star press of the top rope. Zbyszko shakes his head and with a monotone manner, "I just...wow. I can't still can't believe my eyes. I don't know how he's gonna hang with guys in this tournament like Big Van Vader or Michael WallStreet or Ravishing Rick Rude. But boy, it was his night tonight. Man."

Pillman holds the back of his neck in pain and struggles up to his feet as
    Missy Hyatt darts down to the ring to catch a word with the first semi final qualifier of the TV title tournament. Hyatt congratulates Pillman on his huge win over Liger and asks him how he prepares for his next match against either Michael WallStreet or Marcus Alexander Bagwell. Pillman completely out of breath thanks Hyatt for her time and proceeds to tell her, "Just taking all of this one day at a time. One match at a time, one opponent at a time." Hyatt smiles and flirts with Pillman for a few moments until Pillman cuts her off and starts to cut a very pro babyface promo about how he has worked every single day of his life to reach this moment, and that when he was presented an opportunity, he took that opportunity and ran with it.

Pillman sells how hard of a battle it was with Thunder Liger tonight and puts Liger over as an extremely fierce competitor, but slowly starts to focus on his
    vow of making his way through every single person in this tournament until he is crowned the new WCW World Television Champion. Pillman pauses for a moment and with his winning smile looks directly into the camera shot and promises that when he does win the TV Championship, he doesn't care whether he has to defend it every 30 days or not, he will personally put his title on the line every single week on WCW Saturday Night to prove why he is the one man in this organization who deserves to hold the title.

Hyatt chimes in with this idea and asks Pillman if that includes the previous title holder, "Stunning" Steve Austin. Pillman wipes his lips and looks intensely into the camera,
    "I said whomever and whenever, Steve Austin included!" Pillman throws down the microphone and rallies up the cheering crowd behind him as commentary sells the shock and awe of Pillman declaring that he will defend the TV title every single week, while hyping the suspense of what happens when the former TV Champion "Stunning" Steve Austin makes his way back to active competition.

Watching On The Sidelines

Cameras quickly switch up to the backstage area to show a fuming former TV Champion, "Stunning" Steve Austin watching Pillman in the ring on a monitor. Austin is sitting in his chair for a few moments until his rage gets the best of him, and he jumps up from his seat and knocks over the table holding all the catering onto the floor! Austin screams out in anger and starts ranting and raving at the monitor that "he should've never lost the TV Title to begin with" and how
    "that greasy haired punk doesn't even deserve to hold his belt!" Paul E Dangerously rushes over to his client Austin and tries to calm him down, but Austin just riles himself up more and more, clearly still very upset about being sidelined with his injury and having to watch eight other men compete for "his title."

Austin shakes his head in disgust and screams at Paul E that he should not have been stripped of his title, and that he could whip every single man in the tournament!
    The WCW United States Champion "Ravishing" Rick Rude, also a member of the Dangerous Alliance, walks up to Austin telling him that he is "one of the eight men." Austin and Rude get face to face and stare intensely into each other's eyes while Austin proceeds to cut a promo on Rude that he could "whip him any day of the week." Rude starts to go off himself as the two look like they are going to tear into each other until Paul E jumps in between them and is able to slightly calm them down. Paul E desperately explains to Austin that he is talking with his doctors currently in order to get Austin medically cleared, and that he will have his lawyers negotiate a title shot the first night back. Austin turns to face Paul himself and exclaims at Paul to do something "right now", and that he shouldn't even have to win back his title, because he never lost it.

Paul E agrees with Austin and puts his hand on Austin's shoulder trying to bring him down, but this only makes Austin even more angry. Austin grabs the back of his head and paces back and forth in a circle screaming that he can't wait to
    "whip that pretty boy jackass 2 Cold Scorpio." Paul E takes a deep breath and asks a still very upset Rick Rude to give him a few moments with Steve Austin. Rude huffs and shakes his head before he storms out of the room and Paul E quickly directs his attention solely to Austin, trying to console him and explain how he knows what he must be going through right now, and that tonight Rick Rude is going to wipe the floor with Scorpio and give him exactly what he deserves for ever doing this "to you."

Commercial Break

The Plot Thickens Backstage

Cameras open up from the commercial break to show a bruised and bandaged up Sting, as he limps out of his white Corvette in the parking garage and towards the door. Sting slowly limps towards the door as commentary sells the devastating and vicious attack last week at the end of WCW Saturday Night when Sting was mysteriously attacked by an unknown assaliant, and sells the injuries that Sting must've had to warrant the need of a neck brace. Sting winces in pain with each and every single step before he opens up the door and proceeds to walk into the arena. Schiavone on commentary builds the suspense of who did this heinous attack against Sting, and also mentions that many people are directly and indirectly pointing the finger at his supposed "best friend" WCW World Champion, Lex Luger. Zbyszko cuts Schiavone off and refers to him as the most "cynical human being in the world", pleading the case that Luger may be a lot of things, but he is not a coward and he certainly isn't a "backstabber" who would throw years of friendship away just to hold onto a belt that he probably could keep against Sting anyways.

Schiavone doubts Zbyszko's glowing impression of Luger, even with Zbyszko going so far as to bring up how Luger was right there by Sting's side last week and was in a rage trying to find out who did this to his best friend! Cameras quickly switch to another part of the backstage area where Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is standing alone with Dusty Rhodes. Steamboat with an extremely concerned look on his face is heard explaining to Dusty how Dustin Rhodes has truly turned into something he doesn't know. Dusty stands with a concerning look nodding his head and taking in everything that Steamboat is telling him. Steamboat continues on with plea to Dusty to
    "talk some sense into his son", because it is a very dangerous line that Dustin is walking, and that if Dustin is not stopped right now, there is no telling where he will be in 6 months from now, and the kind of man he will be.

Dusty reassures Steamboat that everything is going to be okay and that
    he will talk to Dustin and try to bring him back to reality. Steamboat thanks Dusty and the two shake hands before the cameras pan the crowd inside the arena, setting up for the next tag team match.

Normal Tag Team Match
    The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner) versus Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray)

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    This match is about as physical as physical can get.
    Both of these teams just charge at each other right from the very beginning with some of the stiffest shots ever seen from any of these four men.
    Harlem Heat definitely holds their own against the most experienced Steiner Brothers with Stevie Ray even getting a pretty dominant offense in with several big man power moves on Rick Steiner, including a military press slam followed up quickly with a running diving elbow! BAM! But as he tries to get the quick cover on Rick, Scotty is right there to break it up at the count of two. The 6'5 Stevie Ray picks Steiner up for another military press slam, but the ferocious and resilient Rick Steiner is able to hit Stevie with a few elbows to the face, a headbutt, and then a series of brutal german suplexes from one side of the arena to the other!

Stevie Ray is dazed completely after Rick Steiner connects with suplex after suplex. Schiavone builds Harlem Heat as a very powerful and promising young tag team, but directs all the attention to the fire and strength of The Steiner Brothers, who continue to not give up. After about the fourth german suplex, Booker T rushes into the ring in an attempt to break it up, but Scotty Steiner is right there to meet him with a clothesline that almost takes his head completely off! Scotty Steiner starts pounding away on Booker T as Rick continues to suplex Stevie Ray from one side of the ring to the other. Rick finally stops the suplex machine turnabout and waits for Stevie Ray to slowly limp back up to his feet. As soon as Stevie Ray is able to barely get up to his feet, he is immediately slammed back down onto the mat with a running bulldog from Rick Steiner, crashing Stevie Ray's forehead into the hard thick canvas!! This wipes Stevie Ray completely out allowing for Rick to cover him for the pinfall and decisive victory.

Spoiler:

Winners: The Steiner Brothers by pinfall

After the match is over, Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner proceed to pick up both Booker T and Stevie Ray and launch them out of the ring to make room for their enthusiastic and crowd deafening celebration. After a few moments of celebrating, Rick Steiner screams for his music to be cut off and he snatches the microphone from ring announcer David Penzer's hand aggressively. Rick Steiner wastes no time once again calling out the WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton. Steiner belittles them as "less than men" and builds the narrative that they are "running away from a Steiners beatdown." Scotty Steiner grabs the microphone from his brother and with one intimidating scream, "Either come out and fight us like men, or bring your cowardly carcasses down to this ring and give us our World Tag Team Title belts!" The crowd pops with excitement that maybe Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton will finally address the numerous challenges from The Steiner Brothers, but after just a few moments, Paul E Dangerously is the one to come back out through the curtain once again.

This time Paul E doesn't look like he is in any mood to reason with The Steiner Brothers. Before Paul E can even make it halfway down the ramp, Paul E with a microphone in his hand already starts to drill right into The Steiners that the World Tag Team Champions are not going to be continously threatened and belittled. Dangerously gets into the ring once again, but just like last week puts his hands up and keeps a safe distance away.

"I am done explaining this to you two. I understand that you may not be the brightest of individuals considering you both graduated from that toilet bowl in Michigan. But read my lips...the WCW World Tag Team Champions, my clients, Arn Anderson and the "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton are not....going...to be...intimidated. They are not going to be forced into anything! They are not going to be forced into a tag team title match. They are not going to be forced into a fight. They are not going to be forced into ANYTHING! I wish that I could say they are here tonight and could take you up on your offer, but unfortunately...they are not. I am sor..."

Before Dangerously can finish, a frustrated and raging Rick Steiner charges at Paul E and knocks him down to the mat with a smashing shoulder block! BAM! The crowd jumps to their feet in excitement as Dangerously falls down to the mat like a sack of bricks, selling the hard shoulder block from Steiner! Paul Es' eyes widen with shock and fear as he back peddles on his butt to the corner. Dangerously pleads with The Steiners to not hurt him all while they circle him like two sharks in the ocean. Dangerously tries to make a run for it, but before he can get through the ropes,
    Rick Steiner catches him from behind and is ready to slam him down with A or many german suplexes!

But right when Rick is about to hit Paul E with the german suplex, the WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton jump the barricade at ringside and dart into the ring, completely wiping out both Rick and Scott Steiner with their solid tag team title belts! Eaton slams Scotty Steiner over the top of the head with his title belt, and Anderson slams Rick over the top of the head with his belt! The crowd immediately switches into a unison of booing as commentary sells the huge moment of Anderson and Eaton finally showing up to confront The Steiner Brothers. Anderson and Eaton pound away on Rick and Scotty, not letting up with the kicks to the back of the head.

Anderson screams at Rick between each kick,
    "So you think you wanna fight me in the ring? Huh? You think you wanna try and take these title belts away from us?" Eaton's attack is a little more physical and less verbal as he gets down onto the mat and starts to choke Scott Steiner while kneeing him several times in the gut. Finally Anderson and Eaton get back up to their feet and proceed to pick up Rick Steiner and slam him down onto the hard stiff canvas with a double vertical suplex! Paul E crawls back up to his feet with a sinister smile on his face, hyping up his clients the WCW World Tag Team Champions. The last shot before the commercial break is Paul E Dangerously holding both Eaton and Anderson's arms in the air as both Steiners lay beaten down in the center of the ring, and Zbyszko on commentary laughs and loves every single minute of his former group finally "shutting up" The Steiner Brothers.

Commercial Break

You're Not Hardcore

The scene opens up to show an empty ring in an old rusty warehouse. The camera pans the canvas of the ring to show blood stains that look like they have been there for at least ten years. The sound of the door opening echoes a creaking sound that resonates through the entire warehouse. The camera slowly turns to show Terry Funk slowly walking into the warehouse, looking around with a cold and solemn look on his face. Funk doesn't say a word as he approaches the empty ring. Funk looks back and forth before sliding into the ring and walking from corner to corner without muttering. Funk whispers with his dark and soft voice that resonates into the scene,

"Wrestling has truly changed in my lifetime. When people all across the world used to go see wrestling, they had respect for the performers in the ring, because they knew that they couldn't do what these professional wrestlers did, every single day of every single week. They respected the desire...and the heart of these performers. But now, everything has changed. Everything has changed in the world of professional wrestling. The professional wrestling fan does not share that same RESPECT. All anybody wants to talk about is, who the toughest man in wrestling is. All anybody wants to talk about is, who the most hardcore man in professional wrestling is. Heh, hardcore."

Funk stops and thinks for a moment shaking his head with disgust and disdain. "This word harrrrdcore is a facade. It is a facade that these little snotty nosed rat up and comers use to try to sell themselves as legitimate men, and legitimate tough guys in this sport. The fans want to give praise and worship the m...boys who walk around here bragging about how many death matches they've been in, or how many barbed wire baseball bats they've taken to the back. Heh. Do you people think that's what tough is? Do you people think that's what makes a man tough in this business? That's not what makes you tough at all! When my daddy passed this business down to my brother and I 25 years ago, I saw with my very own eyes what tough was, and I experienced what it meant to be tough in this business. You think wrestling in some 20 x 20 ring in Japan makes you tough? Do you think wrestling some other -never was- in a 20 x 20 ring with a little barbed wire makes you tough? You wouldn't know tough if it BUSTED YOU IN YOUR HEAD!!"

Funk runs into the corner and bashes himself into the turnbuckle head first several times!"You think that's what makes you tough? I have been up and down these roads for years breaking my back for alllllll youuuu fannnnnnsssss who ended up not respecting anything I did in this ring! So what's the point? What's the point Terry? I'll tell you what the point is! The point is, some jackkkkassss like Mr. Caccctusss Jack thinks he's tough or shall I say, "hardcore" because he's fallen on some barbed wire or he's slammed himself through a table. I'll tell you what tough is Mr. Caccctusss Jaccckkk. Tough is when you go into a bar and all the people who want to doubt professional wrestling and make a name for themselves on someone who talks about being tough on TV, they come at you with beer bottles, it's up to you to stand up to every single one of them. When it's up to you not only to have to defend yourself, but it's up to you to defend this business! And you punch and kick and scrape and claw every single son of a bi*** in that bar until you prove, and you show everybody in that bar what it takes to make it in professsionalll wrestlingggg!!! It doesn't matter if it's one man, two men, five men, ten men, or twenty men...you don't leave that bar until you make every single one of them beeeeelieveeee that you are the toughest man not just in professional wrestling, but in the world. That's what this business is all about. That's what being hardcore and tough is all about."

Funk starts pulling his hair out and laughing like a madman as he continues his promo. "Any idiot jackass can stand up and catch his back on fire just to get a litttle poppppppp from the crowd because he wants to feel significant. Mr. Cactttusssss you don't know the first thing about what it takes to be a real man. You ride in comfy little rental cars to the next town and you stay in hotels and you talk about being hardcore because you wrestled some match in front of 12 people, and one of you slammed someone through a table. Heh. When you sit there and flap your little gums about being feared and this hardcore word you keep talking about, you're spitting in the face of my brother and I! You're spitting in the face of every single professional wrestler! You're spitting in the face of every single real man in this sport who has rode up and down these roads from coast to coast not just talking, but SHOWING what this wrestling business is all about."

Funk holds up a piece of his greasy curly hair to the camera and screams, "You don't get the sacrifice that is made when you used to break into this business. You don't understand what you gave up as a man when you stepped into this business. Your work didn't stop when you stepped out of the ring and walked out of the arena. No no!!! You upheld this business 24 hours a day and 7 days a week! YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!!!"

Funk starts punching himself several times in the face and scratching the top of his forehead as hard as he can, getting more and more upset and fired up with his promo. Blood starts to drip down from the top of his forehead and he starts breathing heavier and heavier, getting more worked up and emotional.
    "Misssssterrrr Cactusss Jacccck, you are a bottom feeding low down dirty dog who is attracted to all this limelight and all these meaningless words like harrrrrdcore and tough and homicidal because you know that you are just a facade of all that, and that you wouldn't last a day, A DAY in the life of Terry Funk. Cactus what I'm saying to you is really clear."

Funk grabs the camera from the camera man and holds it right above his head, looking up at it with wide eyes,
    "I'm not a booker. I don't have tons of money to pull together just to get you to show up. I don't make the rules. And I don't make the matches. I can't tell you to show up here or there or this time, but Cactus I don't want a match with you. I don't need to wrestle you in a 20 x 20 ring to show youuuuuuu how hardcoreeee I am. I don't care about wrestling you in a match Cactus. I want you in a fight. I want you to strap your boots on, meet me in a bar, in the parking lot, in church, in the arena, in my house, in your house, in the desert, I don't care! I want a fight with you Missssterrr Harrrrdcoreeee."

"
    Show me that you're a man.Show me that you're tough. Show me what the whole world has been telling me for months and months. I want you to show me that you're even worth a damn! Prove me wrong Cactus. Proveeee meeeee wronggggg, because I rarely am wrong, and one time, THIS ONE TIME, I want youuuu to Prove me wrong Caaaaaaactussssssss..."

Funk throws the camera in a rage against the wall of the warehouse and completely breaks it in two as the scene abruptly and chaotically ends.

A New Direction For The Foundation

The scene pans back inside the arena as Tony Schiavone on commentary puts Funk's message and declaration of "being the toughest man in wrestling" over, building how crazy Terry Funk is and how he literally will stop at nothing and die in "that ring" if he has to in order to beat his opponent. But before Schiavone can continue on much longer, The York Foundation theme blares over the PA to a very vocal and an extremely anti York Foundation crowd. Michael WallStreet struts out through the curtain with a huge grin on his face, walking alongside his business partner Alexandra York. As WallStreet and York make their way down to the ring taunting at the booing crowd, this leaves an opportunity for Schiavone to make some brief comments about the new January edition of WCW Magazine, featuring a write up about Michael WallStreet, The York Foundation, and an exclusive look at WallStreet's letter of intent to the board members of the Foundation. Zbyszko chimes in with his own hype and thoughts that WallStreet's vision for the York Foundation as outlined in the magazine, will "blow your mind." WallStreet gets into the ring and motions for a microphone as Alexandra just stands there looking at the booing crowd with the most judgmental and disgusted look on her face.

WallStreet gets the cheap heat from the beginning by insulting the crowd and telling the crowd that he will "gladly leave" if they don't show him and Ms. York the respect and admiration "they deserve." WallStreet shakes his head and then proceeds to cut an uplifting but still very heelish promo about the new direction for The York Foundation, and that Alexandra and the Foundation had to make the smartest business decision by allowing the most business conscious mind to take the reigns and move on in the right direction. WallStreet builds up the message and direction being the key to exponential growth, while also belittling the now retired Richard Morton, who WallStreet claims was obviously not a representative of the look and design of the Foundation. WallStreet chuckles to himself and proceeds to continue his promo with scathing remarks about Morton being an "illiterate hillbilly" who was destined to drive the Foundation into the ground.

"I knew that for the betterment of The York Foundation and professional wrestling in general, we had to get rid of that aging hood rat, and that is why I made sure that myself and Ms. York would make the decision that needed to be made...and if we had to grease some palms a little bit in the process, then it had to be done for the advancement of the Foundation and all that it stands for!"

WallStreet explains that the York Foundation is officially going into a rebirth, and it starts tonight with a secret investor who shall remain nameless until the right time.
    "But rest assured, we will take the Foundation to heights it never knew possible, and it starts tonight when I make my way into the semi finals of the WCW World Television Championship tournament!!" WallStreet throws the microphone down and takes his robe off, bending over, and motioning for his opponent to come down and face him RIGHT NOW.

Michael WallStreet (w/Alexandra York) versus Marcus Alexander Bagwell

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    Marcus Alexander Bagwell impresses from the early going, using WallStreet's arrogance and sureness of himself to his advantage.
    Bagwell tries to keep a fast pace, knowing that if he slows down he leaves himself open to the potential of WallStreet switching the momentum on him. Bagwell is stopped in his tracks though when he is met with a big boot from WallStreet to break a series of fiery clotheslines from Bagwell! WallStreet dominates for most of the match, until once again his arrogance gets the better of him, and Bagwell is able to reverse a pump handle slam when WallStreet took too much time to taunt the crowd. Bagwell back body drops WallStreet down to the mat and follows up with his signature hangman's neckbreaker, as commentary sells the moment as Marcus finally getting his shot at glory and his big moment!

But just as Bagwell is about to cover WallStreet, Alexandra York quickly scurries up to the apron to distract the referee and act as if she is going to get into the ring to break the count. Bagwell quickly jumps off WallStreet to try and bring the referee's head back into the game, but as soon as he sits up onto his feet, a returning Terry Taylor sneaks through the corner of the arena to ringside, jumps into the ring, and proceeds to slam Bagwell over the top of the head with his signature briefcase!!! Bagwell goes down like a sack of bricks and the crowd leaps up to their feet in anger and distaste! Zbyszko laughs on commentary and Schiavone sells the moment as an absolutely disgusting moment and dream breaker. Taylor quickly slides out of the ring and WallStreet looks at Taylor with a sinister smile on his face before covering Bagwell, the referee drops down to the mat, 1...2....3!!!

Spoiler:

Winner: Michael WallStreet by pinfall to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament

As soon as the bell rings, WallStreet limps up to his feet to immediately be met by Alexandra York and her praise, along with a smiling and ecstatic Terry Taylor. WallStreet doesn't take his eyes off Taylor and the two embrace with a hearty handshake that is almost sickening. Taylor holds WallStreet's arm up high in the air and the three celebrate in the ring, taunting at the crowd with Taylor pointing and screaming at WallStreet that WallStreet will be the next World Television Champion. As Bagwell lies motionless in the center of the ring, WallStreet reaches into his pocket and pulls out eight 100 dollar bills. WallStreet mockingly drops them down on the laid out and dazed Bagwell as Schiavone bashes Taylor for rejoining with the York Foundation and selling his soul once again for the pursuit of power and money. The scene fades to a commercial break with WallStreet, Taylor, and York continuing to taunt at the crowd, and Schiavone on commentary going berzerk about how much of a shame it is that Bagwell's opportunity was just completely stripped away from him.

Commercial Break

I AM THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

The commercial break ends with former World Champion and WorldWide commentator, Dusty Rhodes slowly walking out through the curtain with his head down. Rhodes gets into the ring and looks at the crowd with a look of disappointment before motioning for Penzer to hand him the microphone in the ring. Commentary sells the viciousness and uncharacteristic cynicism of "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes ever since losing the tag team titles with Ricky Steamboat at Starrcade. Commentary hypes the idea that Dustin is completely out of control, and that Steamboat went to Dusty in hopes of someone being able to reach Dustin Rhodes before it was too late. Dusty cuts his music off and immediately starts in cutting a promo about his role as a mentor and as a father to his son Dustin Rhodes. Dusty takes responsibility for his own failings in Dustin's life, and apologizes for maybe not being the most supportive father in the world, and maybe missing some time he should've had with his son when he was growing up.

"But I made some mistakes. And Dustin, I just want you to be a better man than even I was." Dusty continues his promo building up how much potential Dustin Rhodes has in professional wrestling, and that whether he is his son or not, he has never seen drive and passion to win and rise to the top like he does when he looks at his son. "But son, when I look into those eyes, when I see the depths you will go to in order to get on top of that road daddy...I don't see my son anymo. And believe you me daddy, that's scary. That's scary for a fatha to look at his son and know, that he is losing him. Son, I...I...I...I just don't want to see you go down that bad path, because son once you've jumped off that ledge...once you've actually jumped off...there is no turning back. You are your word and your honor. And the day you dont have your word...and you dont have your honor...that's the day you've lost yo'self."

As soon as Dusty puts the microphone down, Dustin Rhodes' music blasts over the PA and he comes storming out with a crazed look in his eyes, not wasting any time getting to the ring to confront his dad. Dustin gets into the ring and immediately snatches the microphone from his dad, getting face to face with him and just staring into his eyes intensely.
    Dusty tries to reason with Dustin, but Dustin cuts him off and starts to cut a scathing promo about what Dusty and his brand of parenting did to him as a child growing up. Dustin recollects about how he barely even knew who his father was when he was growing up, because "daddy was too busy trying to sell out some low rent National Guard Armories down in Florida." Dusty stands there with a disappointed look on his face as Dustin continues to belittle Dusty's involvement in his childhood and disrespect his entire career as a professional wrestler.

"You were never a hero da...Dusty. You were never some American Dream. You were a nightmare! You were just an insecure, fat, blowhard who wanted to run away from his responsibilities as a parent and as a man, and now that I have broken into this business...YOUR BUSINESS...it makes you shake in your shoes, because you know that you couldn't hold a candle to me in this ring, on this microphone, and damn sure not in this spotlight."

Dusty tries to cut off Dustin, but Dustin gets more and more angry and screams right back at his father,"No shut up, old man! I don't need your legacy and I don't want your damned legacy!I don't need you. I don't need Ricky Steamboat. I already am a legend in the making, and whether you want to admit it or not...when you look at me, you see something you never could see in yourself, and that is a success! I get down on my hands and knees and pray each and every single day that I'm right there when you die to see it all, because that will be your greatest accomplishment in your entire career...and your entire life. I want to stand above your grave as the crane breaks lowering your fat body into that hole in the ground...and I want to spit on your grave, because that's all you deserve!I'm a legend in the making! I'm the superstar. I'm the man, the myth, and the legend! I'm the American Dream, heh, you're just an American Failure!!"

Dustin rares back and with a swift shot, Dustin punches his father in the face, completely laying him out in the center of the ring!! Dusty is completely shocked, holding his jaw and looking at his son Dustin with a disheartened look on his face. Dustin smiles at his father for a few moments before he
    kicks him in the face one more time and starts unloading shots on him one after another! Dusty lies completely helpless in the center of the ring as Dustin just wails on him until Ricky Steamboat runs down the ramp and darts into the ring, tackling Dustin Rhodes down!! Steamboat and Dustin roll around the ring for a few moments exchanging blows until Dustin quickly is able to break free from Steamboat's clutches and quickly escape under the rope to the outside of the ring. A fuming Steamboat quickly gets back up to his feet and rushes over to a laid out Dusty Rhodes, holding the back of his head up with his hands and checking to see if he is okay.

Dusty starts coming back to his senses, nodding his head and reassuring Steamboat that he is okay. Steamboat turns his head to face Dustin who is still standing outside the ring with a sick smile on his face,
    "THIS IS YOUR DAMN FATHER! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??" Steamboat continues to assist Dusty in the ring, but just as it looks like the damage has been down, Dustin sneaks into the ring on the other side and runs at Steamboat with a big boot right to the back of the head! BAM!!

Steamboat's head pops back like the Kennedy Assassination and he falls on top of Dusty's motionless body in the center of the ring. Dustin sadistically smiles at Steamboat and Dusty lying motionless before
    climbing on top of them and covering them for a mock count, 1....2....3!!! Dustin jumps up to his feet and he starts sarcastically running circles in the ring with his arms up in the air screaming, "I DID IT! I DID IT!!"

Dustin falls down onto his knees and mockingly starts acting as if he is crying out of happiness,
    "I BEAT THE FAT MAN HIMSELF AND THE HAWAIIAN NEVER WAS!! I DID IT!!" Dustin snatches the microphone from the canvas and leans his head back taunting at the booing crowd, "THE WINNER OF THIS MATCH AND THE NEXT BIG THING IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING, THE MAN...THE MYTH...THE LEGEND, DUUUUUUSTTTTTTINNNNNNNNNNNNN RHODDDDEEEESSSSSS!!"

Dustin drops the microphone and poses for the booing crowd as Schiavone on commentary ridicules Dustin Rhodes for showing the most intense amount of disrespect he has ever seen in this sport, and that Dustin Rhodes is singlehandedly spitting on his family's legacy and the tradition of this entire sport.

Commercial Break

Big Van Vader versus Shane Douglas

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    The young Shane Douglas attempts to use his speed to his advantage in the early going, but the power and strength of Big Van Vader is just too much for the blonde pretty boy to handle. Vader for the most part doesn't sell much for Douglas, even though Douglas basically throws every single thing he has at him. Douglas attempts to pick up Big Van Vader into a belly to belly suplex, but Vader headbutts Douglas to break the hold, throat punches him to knock him back, and then proceeds to
    sky high chokeslam the defenseless Douglas down to the canvas with a stiff bump! BAM!Schiavone pleads with Vader to go for the pinfall, but instead Vader screams out to the crowd in anger and then proceeds to drag him into the corner.

Commentary builds Vader as an absolute monster who doesn't just want to win this match, but wants to physically hurt and mangle Shane Douglas. Douglas lies completely motionless on the mat before Big Van Vader climbs onto the ropes and then leaps off, crashing down on Douglas with his signature Vader Bomb carrying all 456 pounds of the monster! OH MY GOD DOUGLAS MAY BE DEAD!! Vader at that time then covers Douglas for the pinfall, 1...2...3. It's over. In decisive and very expected fashion, Big Van Vader moves onto the semi finals of the WCW World Television Championship Tournament.

Spoiler:

Winner: Big Van Vader by pinfall to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament

After the bell rings, Big Van Vader slowly rises up to his feet and he starts pacing back and forth violently in the ring, taunting at the crowd and screaming "VADER IS A MONSTER!!!" Commentary with a very somber tone hypes the strength, but moreso the brutality of Big Van Vader with Zbyszko even making the comment that if Rude ends up getting "screwed over" again by 2 Cold Scorpio tonight, he doesn't have a doubt in his mind that Big Van Vader will not be the one to leave "this tournament as the WCW TV Champion. Hands down."

Revealing The Man You Truly Are

As the scene fades from the Vader match, it opens up to show
    a huge white mansion with "The Nature Boy" engraved in gold on a large steel gate guarding the estate. The setting changes to show Eric Bischoff sitting alongside "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair by Flair's jaw dropping beautiful 100 meter pool. Two beautiful model like women are splashing their feet in the pool as Flair is smiling and in his usual demeanor brings attention to how beautiful his life is. Bischoff thanks Flair for allowing him to get a word about the Ron Simmons situation, especially since tensions have been heating up rapidly between the two over the past couple weeks. Bischoff brings up Starrcade and the infamous BattleBowl where Simmons eliminated Flair from the match, thus ending Flair's chances of becoming the #1 contender at SuperBrawl against the world champion, Lex Luger. Flair chuckles to himself, shakes his head, and starts to cut a heated promo about how Ron Simmons blindsided him in the later part of the match, and that Simmons single handedly stole that moment away from Ric Flair, and more importantly the entire world. Flair mentions how it would've been a remarkable and uplifting story if Flair would've returned at Starrcade only to become the new number one contender, and that if anyone could get a five star match out of Luger, it would only be "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

Flair starts getting a little more heated as he talks about Simmons directly, referring to him as
    someone who should've never been "broken into this business" and that he is an embarassment to this "entire sport." Flair laughs and starts to bring up how a world champion and five star athlete like himself, are supposed to look a certain way, talk a certain way, act a certain way, perform a certain way. "And quite frankly, Ron Simmons will not...and cannot do that. He's not a star. It's as simple as that." Bischoff looks at Flair with a confused look on his face and mentions how Simmons was an All American football player out of Florida and he has moved up the ranks pretty quickly in WCW. Flair cuts him off and leans in getting eye to eye with Bischoff,

"All American football player? What?? You're talking to the man who has been from every single side of this continent and wrestled 380 matches in 365 days year in and year out! I was offered a 10 year contract with the New York Yankees right out of high school! I said NAH! That's not for The Nature Boy! I was offered a starting position in the offensive line of the Chicago Bears before I was even out of my freshman year of college! But I said NAH!! The Nature Boy is better than The Chicago Bears!! I walked into professional wrestling because this is where the real men were, and I was the realest man of them all baby! WOOO! You're talking to the man, WOOO! I said you're talking to the man who is the greatest World Heavyweight Champion there has ever been. You're talking to the man who wakes up to five or six beautiful naked women laying in my bed in every single penthouse from Atlanta G..A...WOOO...to New York City WOOO...to Minneapolis, Minnesota WOO...to Los Angeles, California WOO...to Tokyo, Japan WOOO...ALLLLLL THE WAYYYY TO MY BELLAGIO ESTATE ON THE BIGGEST HILL IN RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA JUST WAITIN...WOOOOO TO GO FOR ANOTHER RIDE ON SPACE MOUNTAIN! WOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Bischoff chuckles to himself for a moment until Flair cuts him off smacking him in the face."Don't you smile Bischoff! You don't know anything about that!" Flair rips off his Hawaiian shirt and starts flexing his bicep towards the camera, "Ya see that? Ya see that? That's what a real man looks like! These are the arms of a real world champion! Ron Simmons you may have muscles for show, but mine just like my libido are ready to go!"

Flair looks directly into the camera with his wide eyes and crazed look on his face, telling Simmons that he knows exactly the "kind of a man he is" and that he is going to "expose him" and "all his weaknesses" in two weeks at Clash Of The Champions. Flair challenges Simmons to come onto his show "A Flair For The Gold" to confront these "demons in his closet", and to explain to the world why he did what he did. Bischoff interrupts Flair and asks Flair what he means by Simmons
    "explaining what he did and why he did it." Flair shakes his head and screams at Bischoff that he will know "soon enough" and proceeds to kick Bischoff off his pool side patio and out of his estate. Flair's private security guards escort Bischoff off the premises while Flair slowly puts his custom made sunglasses back on and Flair's voice is heard screaming, "Who wants to show the dirtiest player in the game their breast stroke, baby??" The women "AHHHHHH!!" as the scene fades to a black and then to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

What In The Hell Are You Doing Here??

As the cameras come back from the commercial break, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger is making his rounds through the hallway and into the locker room to desperately try to find out who attacked Sting last week. Luger interrogates several of the lower card wrestlers, demanding that they tell him information about where Barry Windham was before he came out to the ring last week. Luger shakes his head in disgust and reiterates to them that he is the world champion and that one phone call from him to Ted Turner and they will be
    "begging for nickles at the welfare office." His interrogation is cut short though when the WCW Commissioner Bill Watts comes walking into the locker room, trying to calm down Luger, explaining to Luger that he is doing his own investigation to determine what happened to Sting last week, and that Luger just needs to "let the due process happen." Luger shakes his head and screams at Watts about how Sting is his best friend, and that he knows Barry Windham had something to do with this, because Barry is jealous that he isn't going to SuperBrawl as the number one contender!

Just as Luger mentions Barry's name though, Barry is shown walking into the arena. Luger pushes passed Watts and darts at Windham, knocking him down with a clothesline! Luger unloads shot after shot on Windham, but Windham quickly starts to recover and deliver some hard shots of his own to the world champion! The two brawl around the backstage area until Watts is able to dart out into the hallway to break the two up. As security is barely able to hold each of them back, a raging Luger screams at Windham that
    "he knows he was the one responsible for taking out Sting last week!" Windham huffs at Luger's words and in a similar tone screams back at Luger that he "didn't do a damn thing, and that Luger knows exactly who is responsible for this!" The two struggle to break free in an attempt to get their hands on the other one, but finally Watts lays down the law and screams at both of them to leave the arena RIGHT NOW until this internal investigation is completed.

Luger throws his arms down from security and tells them that he is "calm." The more radical and irate Windham is carried off by security on the opposite side of the hallway. Luger gets in Watts face and looks him intensely in the eyes,
    "I have a bombshell to drop tonight. I want the whole world to hear why I know that Windham was the one who did this. I want my best friend Sting to personally hear it from me, and that's why I asked Sting here tonight."

Watts shakes his head with hesitation and tells Luger that he is going to go back on his order since Windham isn't here any longer, and he is going to give him his opportunity to shed some light on this investigation. Luger nods his head and tells Watts that he is more than welcome to be out there at ringside tonight as well, because after tonight the whole world will know the kind of man Barry Windham really is.

"Ravishing" Rick Rude (w/Madusa) versus 2 Cold Scorpio

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    This time "Ravishing" Rick Rude is not being taken by surprise like he was last week in his first encounter with 2 Cold Scorpio.
    Rude is ready for a fight and is prepared to rip apart 2 Cold Scorpio, but Scorpio shares the same sentiment with the WCW United States Champion. Throughout the match,
    Zbyszko continues to build up his former partner Rude as the most physically gifted performer in professional sports today, and mentions that Rude would make an absolutely remarkable WCW World Television Champion along with being the WCW United States Champion, until Steve Austin is able to come back into the ring and produce a clinic in the ring with Rude for "that belt." Rude and Scorpio chain wrestle a little bit in the very beginning of the match with Rude being initially shocked at Scorpio's ability to wiggle out of all the holds that he tries to lock on the high flying rookie sensation. Rude starts to let his anger get to him as he screams at Scorpio, "Enough of this bull!"

Rude starts pounding away on Scorpio with hard kicks to the back of his head, not letting him get up, much to the delight of Larry Zbyszko on commentary who applauds Rude taking control of Scorpio.
    Rude picks Scorpio up into a vertical suplex and holds him there for 10 seconds, showcasing his phenomenal physique and strength, but as he brings Scorpio crashing down into the mat, Scorpio is able to wrap his legs around the neck of Rude and lock on an arm bar out of nowhere!! Rude desperately tries to reach for the rope as the crowd jumps up to their feet and starts chanting "YOU TAP OUT YOU TAP OUT!"

Rude struggles for a few moments, but he is finally able to get to the bottom rope to break the count. The two continue to test each other, going back and forth with momentum switching several times throughout the match. Rude looks to be taking an advantage over Scorpio about 11 minutes in, but as
    he attempts to finish him off with his signature Rude Awakening, Scorpio is able to push himself enough to slip underneath his legs and dropkick Rude into the corner!! Rude falters back after hitting the corner turnbuckle just far enough for Scorpio to roll him up into a small package pin once again, identical to last week! 1...2...3!! Scorpio wins! Scorpio beats Rude once again and moves onto the semi finals of the TV Title Tournament!!!!

Spoiler:

Winner: 2 Cold Scorpio by pinfall to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament

After the match is over, Scorpio once again quickly scurries out of the ring again, but this time is a lot more winded and beaten down than last week. Scorpio lies completely exhausted and motionless outside of the ring as the crowd pops with excitement and Schiavone on commentary screams, "SCORPIO HAS UPSET THE US CHAMPION AGAIN!!! MY GOD!!"Rude's eyes get even wider in shock than last week and he jumps out of the ring to attack 2 Cold Scorpio, but the WCW Commissioner Bill Watts is right there at ringside to stop Rude and hold him back. Rude is absolutely irate and tries breaking through Watts to get to Scorpio, but Watts pushes him back and screams at Rude to "get his ass to the back" and that Scorpio won the match "fair and square."

Rude acts as if he is going to punch Watts, but Watts reiterates to Rude that if he lays one finger on him, than he is indefinitely suspended and stripped of the WCW United States Championship. Rude clinches his fists in anger and storms off, leaving Scorpio laying at ringside on his back as the scene fades to a commercial break and Schiavone continues to put this over as
    "the biggest upset in WCW history!"; much to the dissatisfaction of Zbyszko who chimes in with his own thoughts that the referee made a fast count and that Rude was screwed for the second time tonight!!

Commercial Break

It's Time To Come Clean

Cameras come back from the commercial break to show the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger already standing in the center of the ring with a distraught look on his face, shaking his head and selling his frustration about what happened to Sting last week. The WCW Commissioner Bill Watts is standing at ringside with a stern look on his face, allowing Luger to hopefully reveal what "he knows" about the Sting attack. Luger takes a few moments to open up, pausing to look at the crowd with a painful look, wiping away a couple tears from his cheek.

"Ya know every time I look at all you people, it pains me to know what happened to Sting last week, when he was preparing to come out here and just entertain all of his fans in the crowd. What happened to Sting last week was a disgrace to WCW, to professional wrestling, and quite frankly, to humanity. Sting, I know that you're back there right now and are hurting...but I think you need to come out to hear this."

The camera zooms in on Watts' as he looks around with an anxious look on his face, clearly being very hesitant to allow the broken down and injured Sting to come out to the ring.
    "Come on Sting. You need to hear this. Come on buddy." Sting's music blares over the PA and the crowd jumps up to their feet to cheer on their top babyface as Sting slowly hobbles out through the curtain, clearly still very hurt from the brutal attack last week. Sting wearing a neck brace, limps down the ramp passing Watts who tries to stop him. Sting reassures Watts that "he is okay", and he slowly gets into the ring to confront his best friend, World Champion Lex Luger. Luger softly hugs Sting and reassures him that he is going to tell him exactly who did this. Sting backs up a few feet to listen to what Luger has to stay as the music cuts off and the crowd dies down a little bit.

Luger cuts a heartfelt promo to Sting that even though they have gone their separate paths to success in WCW, he still has a ton of respect for Sting, and that he will always have Sting's best interest at heart. The crowd boos at Luger's insincerity, but Sting seems to eat it up, believing everything that Lex is saying. Luger looks at Sting with an upset look on his face and explains to him that there is only one man that did this to him, and that all the facts point to one man...Barry Windham. Sting looks at Luger with a shocked look on his face before shaking his head and dismissing Lugers' words, "Nahhh Barry wouldn't do that." Luger stops Sting mid sentence and tells him with 100 percent confidence and a stern voice that he knows it was Barry Windham, and that he has the proof that it was Barry.

Luger pulls out a polaroid picture to reveal Barry Windham standing at a restroom sink washing what looks to be face paint off his hands!!! Sting's face goes down, absolutely in shock that Barry Windham was the one who attacked him last week.
    "But Sting you can know that Lex Luger, always has your back. Because Sting he wants your spot! It kills him inside that time after time I kicked his ass for this title belt, and that he thinks if you are unable to compete at SuperBrawl II...that he would automatically be named the new number one contender! You're just a pawn in his way, Sting! He wants what I have and he knows that you have the talent that he doesn't!! It's plain as day! Barry Windham is a monster!!"

Luger is abruptly cut off by Barry Windham storming out through the curtain and down to the ring in a huff ranting and raving about how Luger is completely full of it. Watts tries to stop Barry, but Barry pushes him against the steel barricade and darts into the ring! Barry doesn't waste any time launching right into Lex Luger, pounding away on the world champion!! Sting looks on in shock, not knowing what to do as Windham and Luger brawl around the ring and Watts yells for security to come down and break them up! Luger and Windham brawl as the two exchange words,
    Barry screaming that he "didn't have a damn thing to do with Sting's attack, and that Luger needs to come clean!" Lex tries to grab a steel chair in the corner where the ring announcer sits, but Windham hits him with a knee to the face and hard punches back and forth. Sting grabs the steel chair and Watts frantically continues to yell for security to come down and separate Luger and Windham. Windham has Luger in the corner having full control, relentless with kick after kick to the face.

Luger desperately screams at Sting to hit Windham with the steel chair, trying to hold it together wincing in pain and trying to cover his face from the brutal kicks of Windham's size 14 boot. Before security can get into the ring to pull Windham off Luger, Sting pulls the steel chair back and proceeds to slam it down on Windham's back!! Windham falls to his knees in pain as Luger attempts to catch his breath and cry out for Sting to "hit him again!" Windham holds his back in pain and turns around to face Sting, screaming at him that "he didn't attack him" and that "you can't trust Luger." Sting rares back with the steel chair to hit Windham again, but then stops himself before he swings it. He shakes his head in frustration, being very conflicted about attacking Windham. "Come on Sting! Do it! Hit him again! He tried to destroy your career!!"

Luger holds the polaroid picture up one more time for Sting to see. Sting goes to walk away but his
    anger fueled by Luger's words consume him and he turns around one last time swinging the steel chair. Sting connects with a direct head shot to Barry Windham, completely laying him out in the center of the ring!!! BAM! Sting throws the steel chair down and bends over in the corner of the ring, holding his head and shaking his head in disappointment. Lex struggles back up to his feet grimacing in pain. Luger puts his arms around Sting and helps him out of the ring, both men limping out of the ring and up the ramp as commentary sells the brutal chair shots from Sting, specifically the one that knocked Windham out unconscious.

Schiavone on commentary reiterates the sentiment that he still can't believe that Windham was the one who attacked Sting last week, and that he tried to take Sting out of his title match against Luger at SuperBrawl II next month. Security finally gets to the ring and is able to pull the unconscious Windham out of the ring. But just as Windham is being pulled out of the ring, Luger slowly turns around to look at Windham with an evil smirk on his face. Sting has already walked through the curtain, but the cameras come to a close with Luger very noticeably "winking" at Windham, before following Sting through the curtain to the backstage area.

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

Quick Results
    Spoiler:

"Flyin" Brian Pillman def. Jushin "Thunder" Liger via pinfall at 10:44 to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament
    The Steiner Brothers def. Harlem Heat via pinfall at 8:11
    Michael WallStreet def. Marcus Alexander Bagwell via pinfall at 7:01 to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament
    Big Van Vader def. Shane Douglas via pinfall at 5:35 to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament
    2 Cold Scorpio def. "Ravishing" Rick Rude via pinfall at 12:01 to Advance in the WCW World Television Championship Tournament

UPCOMING NETWORK TV SPECIAL

WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XVIII Card

(Card Subject To Change)

WCW World Television Championship Tournament Final

"Flyin" Brian Pillman or Michael WallStreet versus Big Van Vader or 2 Cold Scorpio

The Nature Boy Ric Flair's "A Flair For The Gold" w/"The All American" Ron Simmons

Last edited by Charlemm1; 06-23-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Underdog

Status

A great opening match between two of the best high flyers in the company at the time. I enjoyed that you had them go back and forth and I really like that you tell us what commentary is putting over during the match…It really helps tell me what the reason for the match is. I like Pillman going over bc I just think realistically he would be the one that is easier to use in this time period. I don’t know how I feel about Pillman using the shooting star for the finish…I just think in the early early 90s it wouldn’t be used.

I enjoyed the babyface promo from Pillman…I am actually pulling for him to win the tourney and fulfill his promise of defending the belt each week...I would love to see him defeat Vader en route to a big babyface win. I would like to see a Austin/Pillman feud but im torn b/c I loved Hollywood Blondes so much….uuuuhhhhhh lol

I like that you name your segments…it allows me to keep up with all the different storylines….The continuation of Stunning Steve into Stone Cold Steve is just brilliant. I hope that this continues each episode.

I like the two viewpoints on the Sting attack…I think its interesting that you had Tony mention people think its Luger b/c it would be asinine to ignore the obvious. Ricky talking to Dusty about Dustin is a good thing and honestly is a showdown/promo between the two Rhodes can be saved for a PPV segment if you play things right.

Good win from the Steiners and I like that you are giving the young Harlem Heat team some match experience and letting the crowd see them in action before the promos start for them.

Nice promo/attack from the World Tag Champs…I enjoyed the slimyness of Dangerously and that Arn was more verbal than Eaton which is very realistic.

Wow…this is a potential promo of the year from Terry Funk…like you just get the character so much and I was hanging on every word as I was reading it…im not sure where this is headed…are you going to have them fight at a WCW event or maybe have them do some “broken universe” taped match at the Double Cross Ranch. Also with the way Funk is talking about wrstlers from his time, I wonder if your going bring in some more “Hardcore” guys to do some stuff in this storyline. Either way this is one of my favorite stories.

Good easy promo from Wallstreet about the future of the Foundation….im intriqued by a secret benefactor…wonder if it will be Dibiase.

Wallstreet getting the win with the help of Taylor is cool…I like that your building up the Foundation…with the interest of who is the benefactor and then who they are going to feud with is something ill be keeping my eye on.
    I enjoyed the promo between Dusty and Dustin…I really like where you are going with this…personally I would of stopped everything at Dustin punching his father and not having him continue to attack Dusty…just that image of Dusty with a look on his face, holding his jaw and Dustin staring him down slowly backing up would have been amazing. Then next week you could do the beat down on Ricky, but that is just an idea.

Vader dominance win and my hope that Pillman will have to topple the big man to win the TV title.

I like how you do off the set vignettes and promos…this one with Flair at his home is very well done…I have a feeling that the secret Flair has is a bogus steroid accusation.

Small brawl between Luger and Windham…im sure Luger is going have some extraordinary excuse on why Barry is the attacker that Windham will deny next week…Im slightly intrigued to see what it is though.

I like using Rude as a way to get Scorpio over before he is fed to Vader (in my dream scenario) Rude is the US Champ and doesn’t really lose anything by losing in the TV title tourney in which the fans see as the lower belt.

Nice ending promo with Luger clearly manipulating Sting into attacking Windham. I think that it was smart to use the photograph b/c correct me if im wrong but wasn’t Windham the fake Sting at Havoc one year. Either way this is a good next stage.

Overall, great show and well worth the way….i hope that the next one comes out quicker but you cant rush perfection.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

January 13 1992
    -
    1. World Championship Wrestling is proud to announce that in partnership with Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the second video game, WCW Mayhem: The Video Game is set for release on February 25th, 1992. This video game is specifically designed only for the Super Nintendo system and will feature 12 of the hottest stars of World Championship Wrestling, featuring: Sting, "The Total Package" Lex Luger, "The All American Ron Simmons", "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Flyin' Brian Pillman, Big Van Vader, Cactus Jack, Rick Steiner, Scotty Steiner, and "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes! The official cover has been released!

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

::WCW WORLDWIDE EPISODE THREE::

-FRIDAY JANUARY 17, 1992-

from Atlanta, Georgia
    HOSTED BY, Eric Bischoff & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH

2 Cold Scorpio defeated Chris Benoit via pinfall after a Drop The Bomb (Moonsault Leg Drop) at 10:00.

Commentary announces that 2 Cold Scorpio requested for this match in order to prepare him for his semi final TV title tournament match against Big Van Vader on WCW Saturday Night. Chris Benoit puts up a very favorable and respectable showing, but 2 Cold Scorpio is obviously just too quick, agile, and skilled to fall into any of Benoit's vicious submission holds. 2 Cold Scorpio wins in dramatic fashion and after the match is riling up the very pro Scorpio babyface crowd behind him with his signature dance moves. But as Scorpio has his back turned at ringside, the WCW United States Champion "Ravishing" Rick Rude comes barreling down the ramp, completely wiping Scorpio out with a brutal clothesline from hell! Rude beats Scorpio down at ringside, even throwing him shoulder first into the steel ring steps before several WCW officials are able to restrain Rude and escort him out of the arena. As Rude is being escorted out of the arena though, he tries to break through them and is taunting at the booing crowd and yelling at the top of his lungs with passion that "he has continiously been screwed by 2 Cold Scorpio" and that Scorpio doesn't deserve to be in the semi finals. Right before he is dragged through the curtain, Rude yells out his angry promise that Scorpio "is not gonna make it to the arena tomorrow night!" As Rude is dragged out and Scorpio slowly is getting back up to his feet at ringside, commentary builds the hatred Rude feels for 2 Cold Scorpio, now technically holding an 0-2 record against the "flying sensation". Commentary switches gears to showcase the WCW Television Championship tournament with the bracket popping up on the screen, and commentary giving their own spin on who they see moving into the finals for Clash of the Champions. Bischoff explains to a bruised up Dusty that it is very hard to doubt the chances of the 400 pound monster Big Van Vader tomorrow night, but the resilience cannot be overlooked in both "Flyin" Brian Pillman and 2 Cold Scorpio. Dusty commends Pillman and Scorpio for their effort thus far, but closes with his prediction that Big Van Vader is an unstoppable force, and with Rick Rude now softening up 2 Cold Scorpio, 'it is gon be even easier for the big man, daddy!"

NORMAL TAG TEAM MATCH

Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) defeated Tex Slazenger & Glenn Gilbertti via pinfall after a 110th Street Slam (Release Spinebuster) at 4:21.

Harlem Heat come into this match completely 100 percent focused and ready to blow off some steam after a disappointing and hard fought loss to The Steiner Brothers last Saturday night on WCW Saturday Night. Slazenger and Gilertti are made to look like chumps to the very dominant Harlem Heat, as both Booker T and Stevie Ray utilize their size advantage over enhancement talent, Tex Slazenger and Glenn Gilberrti. Throughout the match, Harlem Heat go back and forth tagging each other in, completing wiping the floor of their opponents and the final blow coming when Booker T caught Gilbertti in mid air during a failed clothesline and came down with him like a sack of bricks with his signature 110th Street Slam! After the match came to an end, Booker T and Stevie Ray pick up Tex and Glenn and launch them over the top rope, crashing to the outside face first. Missy Hyatt runs out to the ring to catch a word with the victors, but they take control of the segment by snatching the microphone away from her aggressively, cutting a promo that last week was a revelation for them that it is time for them to "take what's theirs". The camera shows them from the ground up, making them look even more dominant and larger than life than they actually are. Missy Hyatt cowers in the corner of the ring, hesitant to get anywhere near the raging Harlem Heat. Stevie Ray says that it doesn't matter what happened in the past, because there isn't anyone who is gonna step in their way any longer. Booker T cuts off his brother and shouts into the camera that it makes him absolutely sick to see the world just assume that The Steiner Brothers are the number one contenders, and that they are overlooking the baddest men in the world of wrestling today. "We don't care who is the tag team champions, just know Harlem Heat is bringin the beat down! We comin' for ya and we aint stoppin til we got the gold sucka!"

"TANK" IS CRASHING THROUGH WCW....SOON

The scene opens up for a vignette in a dreary and dark locker room with a solid heavy bag hanging down from the ceiling. A large 7 foot man is shown (without his face being revealed) taping up his oversized and giant like wrists and fastening in solid black leather biker gloves around his hands that look like they can strangle a man to his death. The man clinches his fists and pounds them against one another before the man starts pounding away on the heavy bag with solid stiff shots. The man is grunting and groaning as he paces back and forth hitting the heavy bag as hard as he can, forcing the bag to sway and almost completely rip the ceiling down. The man's face is still being hidden with the dark shadow of the ambience in the room. The man works on the heavy bag for a few moments, but then the scene switches to show the man's enormous biceps pulsating as the man curls 150 pound dumbbells in each hand. The man drops the dumbbells after a while on the ground and a thud echoes throughout the scene giving off the idea that the dumbbells were so heavy that it shook the entire foundation. The final shot is the camera panning up the long solid legs of the man and up his body all the way to his top of his forehead at his hairline. The man takes his right hand and flips his long black hair back to reveal dark eyes that look like they are piercing through the viewers' soul. The man starts to walk out of the scene and a graphic pops up ominously reading, "Tank Is Crashing Through WCW.....SOOOOON" in big bold letters with a soft siren in the background gradually getting louder and louder before the scene fades to a commercial break.

NORMAL SINGLES MATCH

Terrance Taylor
    (w/Alexandra York and Michael WallStreet) defeated Marcus Alexander Bagwell via pinfall after a Taylor Made Forearm (Flying Forearm Smash) at 11:44.

As The York Foundation come out, commentary hypes how huge of a return it was for Terrance Taylor to come back to the York Foundation last week on WCW Saturday Night, and that WallStreet has made the promise that The York Foundation would make strides never experienced before with an unknown financial investor. Commentary builds up WallStreet being on a roll since he joined back up with The York Foundation, and that tomorrow night he has the opportunity to make it into the WCW World Television Championship match at Clash of The Champions if he can defeat Brian Pillman. Taylor doesn't waste any time taking the boots to Marcus Alexander Bagwell on his first match back from hiatus. Bagwell holds his own in the match, but with the help of WallStreet's distraction of the referee, Taylor was able to wipe out Bagwell with his signature Taylor Made Forearm. After the match, WallStreet and Alexandra York both get into the ring to congratulate Taylor on his huge return victory over Bagwell as the fans in attendance boo and commentary puts over how strong of a statement The York Foundation has been making since Starrcade. Missy Hyatt runs down to the ring for a word, applauding Taylor for his dominant victory over Bagwell and then asking them if they will reveal who this mystery investor is that WallStreet referred to previously. WallStreet goes to speak, but Taylor snatches the microphone out of Hyatt's hand and cuts a promo belittling her for not showing the proper respect for a premier athlete such as himself. Taylor explains to Hyatt that The York Foundation is accomplishing big things and that after Michael WallStreet slides into the TV championship match at Clash of the Champions, he is setting his own sights on some WCW gold of his own.

Hyatt realizes that Taylor is not interested in answering her question about the investor and goes to walk away, but Taylor grabs her by her arm aggressively, "You don't walk away from me when I'm still talking!" Hyatt tries to pull Taylor's hand off her arm, but Taylor just pulls harder on it and pulls her in close to his body. "Oh I know what you're trying to do. Heh heh. I understand. You have a little crush on the Made Man Terrance Taylor. I understand, most women do. Well ya know what baby, I'll throw you a little bone." Taylor puckers his lips out at Hyatt, but instead of kissing him, she rares back and slaps him across the face!! The crowd pops with excitement as York, WallStreet, and especially Taylor look at Hyatt with shocked looks on their faces. "WHOA WOULD YA LOOK AT DUSTY? HA HA HA HA! GOOD! He deserved it! Way to go Missy!" exclaims Eric Bischoff on commentary, completely putting over the slap from a frustrated Missy Hyatt. Hyatt finally is able to pull away from Taylor and storm out of the ring.

Taylor grabs the microphone in a rage and shreiks at Hyatt, "Who in the hell do you think you are? You think you can slap me in the face? What? Get out of my arena, ya little harlot tease!" Taylor storms around the ring screaming at the fans to "shut up", only making them react even louder with booing at all three of them. WallStreet grabs Taylor and reassures him that he will personally "shut all of them up" when he "wipes the floor with their hero Brian Pillman tomorrow night and makes it into the TV Championship match"! WallStreet and Alexandra cool down Taylor and the three make their way out of the ring and up the ramp as commentary shows replays of Hyatt slapping the taste of Taylor's mouth. Right before the cameras come to a close, the tournament bracket for the World Television Championship flashes on the screen one more time, with commentary building up the final four in the tournament: Michael WallStreet, "Flyin" Brian Pillman, Big Van Vader, and 2 Cold Scorpio, as the scene fades!

© TURNER SPORTS, 1992

OOC: "Tank" is the name I am using for a new character that Kevin Nash in WCW is going to portray going forward. I didn't announce him as Kevin in the project, because the audience really doesn't know him as Kevin Nash yet.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Some quick Worldwide comments for you…A nice win for Scorpio over Benoit which needed to happen to continue his newfound momentum. The attack from Rude is just some simple yet fun angle progression to get some retribution after losing to Scorpio twice. Solid stuff.

My prediction at this stage is a Vader/Pillman final in the tournament.

Based off of the conversations that happened regarding Harlem Heat when you first started this thread, it seems a little strange that they are now getting a chance on Worldwide to squash enhancement talent. By no means are they at a level where they should be mentioning The Steiner Brothers as well. There is definitely some work that needs to be done for Harlem Heat to be serious contenders AND for your tag division in general really. I guess some more strong performances by Harlem Heat will at least be a step in the right direction if you want to fast track their development regardless of realism.

I think Tank isn’t the greatest name. I hate those names that feel a bit too cartoonish and hey, let’s call him Tank because he is big and tall feels a bit that way for me. I guess it does fit in with the time period though. What I’m more excited for is seeing how this character differs from anything Nash has done in real life.

A smart way to put the new attitude of Terry Taylor over with a win and some promo time. A real fun promo and heel stuff, leading to a slap from Missy Hyatt. Enjoyed this as an ending to the show, was a lot of fun.

Worldwide does what it needs to, progressing a few little things. Biggest touch point out of this is your tag division needs some work. Oh and just a quick word, really enjoyed some of your work on Saturday Night, including Funk promo and final segment with Luger/Sting and Whindam.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    Some quick Worldwide comments for you…A nice win for Scorpio over Benoit which needed to happen to continue his newfound momentum. The attack from Rude is just some simple yet fun angle progression to get some retribution after losing to Scorpio twice. Solid stuff.

My prediction at this stage is a Vader/Pillman final in the tournament.

Based off of the conversations that happened regarding Harlem Heat when you first started this thread, it seems a little strange that they are now getting a chance on Worldwide to squash enhancement talent. By no means are they at a level where they should be mentioning The Steiner Brothers as well. There is definitely some work that needs to be done for Harlem Heat to be serious contenders AND for your tag division in general really. I guess some more strong performances by Harlem Heat will at least be a step in the right direction if you want to fast track their development regardless of realism.

I think Tank isn’t the greatest name. I hate those names that feel a bit too cartoonish and hey, let’s call him Tank because he is big and tall feels a bit that way for me. I guess it does fit in with the time period though. What I’m more excited for is seeing how this character differs from anything Nash has done in real life.

A smart way to put the new attitude of Terry Taylor over with a win and some promo time. A real fun promo and heel stuff, leading to a slap from Missy Hyatt. Enjoyed this as an ending to the show, was a lot of fun.

Worldwide does what it needs to, progressing a few little things. Biggest touch point out of this is your tag division needs some work. Oh and just a quick word, really enjoyed some of your work on Saturday Night, including Funk promo and final segment with Luger/Sting and Whindam.
    I definitely appreciate your comments man! I am wanting to build Harlem Heat, as they are my project kind of. They are mentioning the Steiners at this point, not because they are going to be feuding with them or anything like that, but because they are the top dog #1 contenders, and they are just calling their shots against them. I'm wanting to use them to squash enhancement talent for a little while in order to build them up as monsters, so that when they do come back and bust back into the scene. I'm wanting to push the story of how they were beaten last week by The Steiners on Saturday Night in a way to almost humble them to start from scratch and start wiping out through enhancement talent. Tag team wise I am wanting to build the division up without the use of the hokey tag teams in the business during that time, and at this time the pool is a little small for tag teams without bringing new guys in, especially with me wanting to take Rhodes in another direction with his betrayal of Steamboat, his father, and his legacy. But I do appreciate the remarks, because it only allows me to do better.

I definitely agree with you about the Tank comment. I was trying to find a name to be used that was similar to a Diesel, but not using Diesel. I was wanting to build Kevin Nash up as like a mix of his WWF Diesel character and his Kevin Nash in WCW. So, that's why I wanted to reveal this on the syndicated show WorldWide to see the response I would get before I put him on one of the main shows or the PPV. I think going forward at this point I'm going to keep his character and persona and everything else the same, but have him simply just go as "NASH". I'm wanting to build him up as this 7 foot tall monster babyface who is a brawler and has the strength of 3 or 4 men, while having a very "cool" persona.

But one reason I think I did so well with the ECW project I had is because I listened to the feedback that I did get and actually utilized it in my project. That's the same thing I want to do with this. So like for instance, hot shotting Harlem Heat...after the response I got, I didn't want to hot shot them too fast and wanted them to go through the enhancement talent. British Invasion on the other hand is a little different because Regal is pretty well established at this point and he is teaming with a very notable tag team guy in The Dynamite Kidd, who realistically at the time was not going to have the same success as Bulldog in the WWF.
    Last edited by Charlemm1; 06-24-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Underdog

Status

I really like this TV tournament…there are a lot of different ways that you can go with it…esp with Rudes comment about Scorpio making it to the arena…I was thinking that he would attack Scorp and replace him but I don’t see you putting him in there with Vader, so I think he just softens him up which leads to it being even easier and more dominating for Vader.

I like that you are building up Harlem Heat…I understand that they were just starting out at this point but we know the potential of them so why not start getting them ready for big things…plus WCW was kinda pushing them as Kane and Kole around this time period I believe.

Nice little vignette for TANK…I read your response about what you plan on doing with this character and I look forward to seeing how it plays out…im glad you decided to not just go with Kevin Nash and just write it like that bc we all know who he is.

Terry Taylor needed this win and I enjoyed the promo afterwards…it got over the Made Man character and mentioned on the investor storyline plus put over the new York Foundation.

Overall, good show and I like the hype for the TV title. Cant wait for WCWSN.

Thread Information