Thread: Former Tough Enough wrestler Matt Cappotelli's cancer has returned

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Former Tough Enough wrestler Matt Cappotelli's cancer has returned

Not sure if this fits here or not, but I'm sure a lot of you guys remember when he had to retire from Tough Enough back in 06. Figured since I saw a lot of wrestlers sharing this on social media I would share this. This isn't a share to try and get people to donate, that is your choice, but I'm using the Gofundme link because it is the source.

Matt Cappotelli is a 37 year old former WWE wrestler and Tough Enough 3 Champion, who is battling brain cancer for the second time in his young life. Back in 2006 he was diagnosed with a grade 2 glioma which ended his wrestling career. Most of the tumor was successfully removed in 2007. He was then treated with radiation and two years of chemotherapy.

Unfortunately, just last month, after nearly 10 years of being in remission, his brain tumor returned in a much more aggressive form. In June of 2017 it was discovered that Matt's brain tumor has returned as a grade IV GlioBlastoma Multiforme (GBM), which is the most aggressive and deadliest form of brain cancer.

He and his family are currently seeking out treatment options to help conquer the biggest battle of his life. Their strong faith in God has not wavered and has inspired thousands of people!

This GoFundMe has been created to assist the Cappotelli's in that battle. Let's go #TEAMCAPP!

https://www.gofundme.com/mattsbiggestbattle

Backyarder

Status

Re: Former Tough Enough wrestler Matt Cappotelli's cancer has returned

Very sad indeed!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

If they’re not going to give the Warrior Award to backstage workers, this guy should be right near the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

On Vacation

Status

I truly hope he pulls through, but this does not look good at all.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Utterly horrid news to read. I really hope he has options and is able to pull through and beat this horrid disease.

As for the Warrior Award, I still can't believe they've overlooked Kris Travis too given his battle with cancer and still performing.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Scumbag Role Model

Status

This guy can seemingly never catch a break, which sucks.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Awful news

Here’s hoping he pulls through again

Curtain Jerker

Status

That is terrible. I went back through the Tough Enough episodes last year and he was awesome.

This isn't a knock on v4yne since he's just reporting the news, but I don't understand why this story and gofundme is only just now getting attention when it was started ten months ago. A lot has changed in the ten months since the gofundme was started up and none of it being good. Cappotelli's wife wrote a blog at the start of the month to essentially state that nothing has worked and Matt's out of options. The awful truth is not only is beating cancer again not going to happen, I don't even think the chances of Cappotelli being around to receive a Warrior Award next year is very high. Below is the blog where his wife broke the news:

Hey guys.

Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things.

We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation...

Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hear him say, "Why me?" He still always thought of other people above himself, and anyone who knows him will tell you that. He is a true warrior.

It's hard to know how he feels about discontinuing treatment, because he can't communicate in full sentences most of the time. I know that it has to be hard for him though, because like me, he's kept the hope that there would be something that would help him survive this. I know that he wanted to keep fighting. The only thing he did manage to say to me that day about not continuing treatment was, "It sucks." Yeah, it does. While sometimes I may have eloquent words to say about this situation, other times that's the best way to describe what we're going through -it just sucks.

Sometimes I just can't even believe this is happening to me. Like, how do you imagine a life without the person who IS your life? It almost feels like I'm living in a dream. No, a nightmare. But it's not a dream. This is really happening. I'm really losing my best friend, my life partner, my whole world.

I don't know how much longer we have left, so I'm just loving him and kissing him and encouraging him with my words(I hope) and reading the bible to him at night....making sure he knows that I'll be okay.

And I am okay...right now.

I'm okay right now, because I still have his hand to hold.
    I'm okay right now, because I say "I love you", and I get to hear him whisper, "I love you, too."
    I'm okay right now, because I still get to fall asleep with him by my side and wake up in the morning with my arm around him.
    I'm okay right now, because I get to look into his beautiful eyes and see his smile and kiss his face every day.
    I'm okay right now, because he's still here with me.

But when he's not...you might as well just rip out my heart right out of my chest. I try to imagine life without him...I try to prepare myself for that outcome...but I just can't really know what it will feel like. Life without him seems unimagineable.

Jim's Favorite Threads
    Fright Fest Archives | Ask Jim |
    Horror Movie Discussion | Jim's Reviews Archive

Coming next month - TEN

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

It is tough to read the poem
    Powerful Blog

On Vacation

Status

Just read that he is ceasing medical help for the tumor on one source, and another (Dated August 2017) that he has only 5 years to live.

Not sure why I didn't stumble on this until recently, yet it seems that the sharing of it become more well known as of late.

Edit:

Somehow missed the point on Jim's post saying that, as well.

Very discouraging and sad.

Unfortunately, while he is a strong person who is at peace with the odds, I can't say I'm much at peace with it. I've lost many a family and friend to cancer, and to see this is quite saddening.

On Vacation

Status

Status

Man, it sounds like he's been going through so much over the years. I was listening to Jim Cornette's podcast, and you could tell when he was discussing Matt's situation it wasn't going to be good. RIP

IT'S COMING HOME

Status
      Country                    England

Posted in another thread but this is more topical.

So sad.

He fought so hard for years to beat this.

R.I.P. big man.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

It was Kris Travis all over again. Well respected guy who had to fight two more times than he should have. Sad news.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Thread Information