Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: May 23rd, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: May 23rd, 2018

WWE NXT preview, May 23, 2018: Can Ricochet and The Dream’s uneasy alliance slow down Lars Sullivan?
    Before their highly anticipated contest could kick into top gear last week on WWE NXT, Ricochet and The Velveteen Dream were met by a major surprise when Lars Sullivan charged the ring and attacked both Superstars. After his ambush, Sullivan claimed that the next NXT Title challenger would not be Velveteen Dream or Ricochet, but himself.

With both Superstars looking to score payback against Sullivan, Ricochet and The Velveteen Dream stormed NXT General Manager William Regal’s office in search of answers. The result was unexpected, as Ricochet and Dream will now team together to take on the goliath in a Handicap Match tonight on WWE NXT. However, with all three of these Superstars clearly setting their broader goal on challenging NXT Champion Aleister Black, will Ricochet and The Dream be able to work together long enough to put Sullivan out of the title picture? Or will the monstrous Rocky Mountain juggernaut prevail against two of the black-and-yellow brand’s fastest-rising Superstars?

Find out tonight when WWE NXT streams on the award-winning WWE Network at 8/7 C.

What’s next for Johnny Gargano & Candice LeRae following latest run-in with Tommaso Ciampa?
    Following Tommaso Ciampa taking a verbal victory lap to celebrate the destruction he has inflicted upon on Johnny Gargano the past several weeks, Johnny Wrestling’s wife, Candice LeRae, confronted the soulless Blackheart on WWE NXT last week. An emotional LeRae questioned what Ciampa had become and then definitively told him that, no matter what he did to Johnny, Tommaso would never be better than her husband. Ever defiant, Ciampa continued to insult Candice and Johnny, before LeRae finally had enough, hauling off and smacking Tommaso.

With the tension rising, what will happen next between The Blackheart and the Gargano family? What’s more, with the status of his career still in question, will the NXT Universe finally get an update on the beloved Johnny Wrestling?

Kairi Sane and Lacey Evans to collide in heated rematch
    Following Lacey Evan’s blatant show of disrespect toward Kairi Sane — which included, most recently, a cheap shot disguised as an apology — Sane finally had enough and scored some retribution against Evans last week, forcing The Lady of NXT into retreat. Now, with the two scheduled to face off again tonight on the black-and-yellow brand, will The Pirate Princess put down Evans one more time, or will Lacey impose her brand of “class” on Sane?

Can TM61 make a dent in Heavy Machinery?
    Last week, Heavy Machinery made clear that they aren’t too keen on TM61’s recent actions in the ring — most notably, Shane Thorne & Nick Miller using an illegal pin to defeat Street Profits. Looking to teach TM61 a lesson, Heavy Machinery laid down a challenge, and the two explosive teams will clash tonight on WWE Network.

Will Thorne & Miller continue to resort to any means necessary to pick up the victory against the NXT Universe’s favorite steaks-and-weights-loving duo? Find out tonight on WWE NXT, streaming on the award-winning WWE Network at 8/7 C!

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: May 23rd, 2018

It's not often NXT continues with a story with a match the very next week. Caught off guard a little that Ricochet, Dream and Evans are wrestling on back to back episodes.

Black Mass

Status
      Country                    United States

Another pretty good episode, not quite as solid as last week, though.

TM61... wyd? This team has no business being as poor as it has been since its return. I know they have the potential, but they've really been stinking up the joint.. Heavy Machinery's charm is starting to fade a bit too though. The Street Profits are the guys who need to be getting storylines and TV time right now. And what happened to the War Raiders?

Sane vs. Evans continues to be great and pissed off Sane is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. Evans is coming along nicely and shit damn those new shorts she been wearing are definitely getting her over with me.

Bianca Belair is still my number one though and I'm interested to see the story of her life thing they advertised for next week. Hopefully it's not some Lashley bullshit.

Also on that note, Kai vs. Baszler continues to be horrible. Highkey I kind want Baszler to squash her and move on. Doesn't seem like that will be the case though with Kai deciding she's gonna stick up for herself now.

Lorcan vs. Strong will be dope if they give them a chance and don't run interference too quickly.

The handicap turned out a little better than I expected and the ending was a bit unexpected tbh though maybe in hindsight I should have seen it coming.. Anyways the rematch between Ricochet and Velveteen will be sick so I'm looking forward to that, and also hoping that Aleister can have a good match with Lars when he presumably defends his title against him in Chicago. I loved Lars when he first showed up but I'm getting less and less excited to see him with each passing week.

The end segment was cool and it went how I thought it would with Johnny saying fuck this injury. I was worried they were gonna try to duplicate Bryan's retirement promo and have him cry and shit even though we all know he wasn't actually retiring. I like the way they did it better. The ending was good and all but I do have a small complaint in that the bump wasn't near significant enough to make me buy that it could have knocked Candice out or potentially injured her. She was straight up unconscious after one little collision? Who does she think she is, Earl Hebner? Anyways it was a good angle and added more fuel to this fire. Their next match should definitely be a doozy.

All in all, solid episode. The matches at the next TakeOver are starting to take shape and it's looking like it's gonna be another really good card so far.

Swedish Meatballs

Status
      Country                    Canada

TM61 Are very bland To Me, where as I find Heavy Machinery to be very entertaining

I was genuinely shocked when Evans pinned Sane
    I guess this sets up a rubber match for TakeOver

Bianca continues to stand out

Kai vs Baesler most likely ends up with Cross getting imvolved

The Handicap was good, but I could see the turn coming from a mile away

The Gargano segment was very strong
    I liked when Ciampa looked concerned when Candace went down
    Like, i am an asshole but I didn't mean for that to happen
    Match should Main Event TakeOver

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

I thought the ending angle with Candice being knocked out was pretty dumb. She is a trained wrestler and she has taken way more damage from Gargano himself and suddenly after on bump that didn't even look that bad and she is knocked out? No, it's not like she is a just his wife. She is trained. The segment was fine up to that before all the fake drama.

Pretty forgettable match with Heavy Machinery and TM-61. Did Lacey Evans beat Kairi with a punch? I don't know what was worse the fact that it was a punch or it was the most worst looking punch I've ever seen. WTF was that punch? Honestly, it looked awful. Anyway, she beat Kairi clean with a punch. The handicap match was fine but then they did the most obvious spot. The the generic "turn on partner after he accidentally hit you" spot. It's so over used and it's the same thing every time. Can't they do something original?
    Spoiler:

Swedish Meatballs

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I thought the ending angle with Candice being knocked out was pretty dumb. She is a trained wrestler and she has taken way more damage from Gargano himself and suddenly after on bump that didn't even look that bad and she is knocked out? No, it's not like she is a just his wife. She is trained. The segment was fine up to that before all the fake drama.

Pretty forgettable match with Heavy Machinery and TM-61. Did Lacey Evans beat Kairi with a punch? I don't know what was worse the fact that it was a punch or it was the most worst looking punch I've ever seen. WTF was that punch? Honestly, it looked awful. Anyway, she beat Kairi clean with a punch. The handicap match was fine but then they did the most obvious spot. The the generic "turn on partner after he accidentally hit you" spot. It's so over used and it's the same thing every time. Can't they do something original?
    I see your point about Candace, but I think they were trying to say that she hit the back of her head on the steel ramp so that's why she went down and didn't move

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    I see your point about Candace, but I think they were trying to say that she hit the back of her head on the steel ramp so that's why she went down and didn't move
    Yeah and there ain't no trainin' for that. I appreciate when wrestling gets a bit more grounded in reality.

Black Mass

Status

They should have had Ciampa throw her out of a moving car, Scott Steiner style, if they really wanted to sell it as a legit injury.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

That bump was grounded in reality and we need to remember that anything can still go wrong in wrestling. Hard back/neck bump to steel hurts any way you cut it. I don’t mind the bump. Pointless nitpicking about Candice. That was probably the weakest Gargano/Ciampa segment though I’m still sold on the feud. Gargano’s got to learn to not to try to force drama for every single situation. It’s a card used too much.

I was blown away with how much chemistry Dream and Ricochet had. Good match, smart finish.

HELL YEAH MY BOYS ONEY AND BURCH ON A TAKEOVER
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Jobber

Status

Missed Steiner throwing a woman out of a moving car. When did that happen? But yeah, head and neck aren't anything to play around with.
    Follow me on Twitter @libsuperstar

Sweet Meat

Status

heavy machinery proved their goat status in this match

my goodness theyre better than the hart foundation, the rockers, demolition, the midnights, and the rock n roll express combined

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Black Mass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Missed Steiner throwing a woman out of a moving car. When did that happen? But yeah, head and neck aren't anything to play around with.

Extremely bold and quite honesty stupid stunt in WCW in 1999.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    heavy machinery proved their goat status in this match

my goodness theyre better than the hart foundation, the rockers, demolition, the midnights, and the rock n roll express combined
    They really are a lot of fun.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

I thought that Evans/Sane and the handicap match were both really enjoyable matches with finishes that kinda shocked me. I wasn't expecting Lacey to win and while I was expecting Dream to fuck Ricochet over they worked the match in a way that I was starting to think it might not come, so when it did it was kinda shocking - although that was as much to do with how nonsensical it was; they'd been blind tagging each other all match long and now this one blind tag, coming seconds after Dream himself had blind tagged in, makes Dream mad? What? It's not a massive problem really, Dream's a dramatic character and it was an over-reaction that suits him really, it just felt a little bit silly.

I'm seeing a lot of criticism for the Candice bump and very few people are paying attention to the fact that the bump was supposed to suggest she hit her head, hard, on metal. It's not perfect because it's very obvious that's not what happened but she did the best she could under the circumstances. Candice being a wrestler in her own right doesn't make her invulnerable to headshots like that.

What I'm not seeing is criticism for the fact that they are painting her as being against the fans. Johnny was teasing a retirement and Candice is right there making sure he goes through with it, even as the fans are making it clear they don't want it and Johnny himself doesn't want it. At this point I wouldn't be shocked to get an Attitude throwback angle where it turns out Candice and Tomasso are in on this together and actually Johnny not a real man like Ciampa, Ciampa gives the good loving, Ciampa's all man, etc, etc...

Thread Information