Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: May 22nd, 2018

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: May 22nd, 2018

Itami gets a good win over Tozawa tonight. I thought for sure Tozawa would get the win to piss off Hideo further.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

Thought that was really good.

Hideo desperately needs a better finisher, but man that was dope.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The Man

Status
      Country                    United States

Tozawa really is good at that Dook, and his selling is good too. That was a nice, solid match.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Pretty great match. Had a slow start but built and built into a great match. Hideo was great and I loved his work on Tozawa's neck. Hideo hitting the Busaiku knee was awesome, shame the fans nor the commentators referenced it. Tozawa did a great job at working the crowd at times and did his best. His selling was good as well. Dead crowd for the most part but awesome match.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

Hideo as a dick heel is so much better than a singles babyface. He just isn't super likable.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Sweet Meat

Status

Good show all around. No complaints outside of Hideo's finisher but that's a regular issue.

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I maybe need to rewatch it if people think it was a good match and I wasn't fully focused on it, but I didn't dig Metalik/Gulak at all. Felt like Gulak got his ass beat the entire time and had like one offensive move in before applying the Gulock. I echo Gallagher's sentiments about the noisemakers. Stop it. I think the crowd hates them too.

Tozawa/Hideo was better than I thought it'd be. They brought the hate more convincingly and had the crowd into this for the most part. Found it a bit weird that Tozawa was putting a resthold and getting heat on Hideo early on. But I dug that they were more aggressive with each other than they ever were with Lucha House Party

From the clean finish, I wonder if they're gonna move Hideo on already to a better push. Get me a Hideo/Ali match, pronto.

Oh, and fuck his finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I hate to be so pedantic on a finisher, but it really took some shine off the match that Hideo worked with so much hate and then at the end has to carefully transition Tozawa into his weak finisher that looked the softest thing in the match. Great otherwise.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Not pedantic at all. Always annoying when you feel like you're being compelled to forgive an awkward finish, when the whole point is that the match is building to that moment. And then BAM! Hideo wins via Shin To His Own Hand.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

I'd be fine with it as a regular move/near fall, but it's a deflating finish after a big match.

Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Even though it's more stuff to watch throughout the week, I'm really happy with this current version of 205 Live. For me at least, it's kept it's shine from them hitting the reset button with the tournament. Good stuff.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Even though it's more stuff to watch throughout the week, I'm really happy with this current version of 205 Live. For me at least, it's kept it's shine from them hitting the reset button with the tournament. Good stuff.
    Agreed. It's a very basic show in terms of stories. It isn't overly sports entertainment. It's more sports focused than the other brands. Action heavy, but still getting personalities across. The personalities just aren't as over the top or dynamic.

Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Agreed. It's a very basic show in terms of stories. It isn't overly sports entertainment. It's more sports focused than the other brands. Action heavy, but still getting personalities across. The personalities just aren't as over the top or dynamic.
    ...which is probably what I like most about it. I find RAW and SmackDown overbearing a lot of the time with the sports-entertaiment-ness, meanwhile the shows I enjoy the most skew more like a real sports show with a sprinkle of that showmanship; basically the UFC presentation, which is in itself just the old school pro-wrestling presentation - these people are fighting because they have something to gain or because they don't like each other, here's the match, enjoy. Nice and simply, nothing to crazy outside of the in-ring action. I'm all for long running, wide ranging story arcs and big personalities but when that overpowers what's happening in the ring the whole point of it is lost on me.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Don't mind me, just catching up on 205 Live.

- Can we have Kendrick & Gallagher on commentary every week? Between shitting on those noisemakers and referring to Gran Metalik as Metallica and expressing disappointment in this later albums, they're a delight. Lovely Gulak/Metalik match itself, very fun. Dug Metalik's rope-walk spot.

- The brief tease of TJP attempting to chat up Paige for a Smackdown roster spot got me thinking. Would it be worth having a rare 205 Cruiserweight cross over to Smackdown or Raw, have a brief feud with someone there, then return to 205 Live with some sizeable momentum, bringing more eyes with them? Say, TJP for example, goes over to Raw for a month or so, has a brief baller feud with... idk, Chad Gable or something, then returns to the purple brand with more fanfare. Since they've seemingly phased out the odd 205 Live matches on Raw it'd be a way to help remind people that 'yo, 205 Live exists and it's bangin.'

also rip Chris Guy.

- Great main event. Loved it. Hard-hitting, both dudes fought well, and even with Hideo's lackluster finisher - since it's a very meh replacement for Go To Sleep I'm going to call it Take A Brief Nap - it's still a great match. Hopefully this means solid things in Hideo's future - upcoming feud with Ali maybe? Would be nice.

Right, on to this week's...

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm all for the Take A Brief Nap name. I want him to yell that before he hits it.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Don't mind me, just catching up on 205 Live.

- Can we have Kendrick & Gallagher on commentary every week? Between shitting on those noisemakers and referring to Gran Metalik as Metallica and expressing disappointment in this later albums, they're a delight. Lovely Gulak/Metalik match itself, very fun. Dug Metalik's rope-walk spot.

- The brief tease of TJP attempting to chat up Paige for a Smackdown roster spot got me thinking. Would it be worth having a rare 205 Cruiserweight cross over to Smackdown or Raw, have a brief feud with someone there, then return to 205 Live with some sizeable momentum, bringing more eyes with them? Say, TJP for example, goes over to Raw for a month or so, has a brief baller feud with... idk, Chad Gable or something, then returns to the purple brand with more fanfare. Since they've seemingly phased out the odd 205 Live matches on Raw it'd be a way to help remind people that 'yo, 205 Live exists and it's bangin.'

also rip Chris Guy.

- Great main event. Loved it. Hard-hitting, both dudes fought well, and even with Hideo's lackluster finisher - since it's a very meh replacement for Go To Sleep I'm going to call it Take A Brief Nap - it's still a great match. Hopefully this means solid things in Hideo's future - upcoming feud with Ali maybe? Would be nice.

Right, on to this week's...
    based on how they present their own mid card, much less 205 guys past and present, i think the exposure isn't worth the stigma

Spoiler:

Thread Information