Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PROGRESS: Hello Wembley! Discussion

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

PROGRESS: Hello Wembley! Discussion

PROGRESS Wrestling presents Hello Wembley!
    From the SSE Arena, Wembley, London
    Sunday 30th September 2018

Announced card so far:

PROGRESS World Championship Match
    WALTER (c) vs. Tyler Bate

Pete Dunne vs. Ilja Dragunov

Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match
    Eddie Dennis vs. Mark Andrews

No Disqualification Match
    Jimmy Havoc vs. Paul Robinson

PROGRESS Women's Championship Match
    Jinny (c) vs. Toni Storm vs. Millie McKenzie

PROGRESS World Tag Team Championship Thunderbastard Match
    Flamita & Bandito Jr. (c) vs. Grizzled Young Vets vs. Aussie Open vs. Mayhew & Mills vs. The 198 vs. The Anti-Fun Police vs. Chris Brooks & Timothy Thatcher vs. SexyStarr

PROGRESS Atlas Championship Match
    Doug Williams (c) vs. Trent Seven
    Enough's being announced now to get this going I reckon. Biggest British wrestling show in 20 years.
    Last edited by Postman Dave; 09-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.

[Your Name]

Status

Re: PROGRESS: Hello Wembley! Discussion

Some detail on that Thunderbastard match:

All 7 teams will face each other over the summer in a series of 2v2 matches. Team at the top of the league table at the end enters Thunderbastard last, team at the bottom enters first, etc. GYV will be defending their titles in their matches, CCK are dependent on Lykos returning from injury in June, and the last team depends on the result of the World title match in Manchester.

And yes, as it's the third Thunderbastard match of the year, after this it'll be going on hiatus & unlikely to return in 2019. Nice to see it isn't just WWE who like "get everyone on the card" clusterfucks

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I mean Dennis/Andrews has to be on this show if Dennis is fit to go right? You can't build that up for this long and then stick them on a normal electric ballroom show for their first match.

I don't like that thunderbastard match at all, but the interesting thing to read into is the acts that are in the match. Webster, Haskins, Brookes, David Starr (maybe), TK Cooper maybe) - that's a lot of upper midcarders in Progress you could say, so there's gonna be a whole host of matches elsewhere on the card that mean it's too stacked for these guys to have separate matches. No Mustache Mountain might be an indicator that Bate might also have a singles match on this show.

I think the set up from CMJ being on Night 3 of SSS16 is gonna pay off on this show with Pete Dunne Vs Ilja Dragunov in the Nicky Talent dream match.

I really hope they give up on Travis Banks before this show. Zack is too cocky/heelish to be the anti-hero against Travis Banks who is hated pretty much now by the Progress faithful. I think it's either Zack Vs Banks or Walter wins the title off Trav at some point for ZSJ Vs Walter....but fuck have I seen that match a lot this year.

Ospreay/Havoc doesn't do a lot for me, history be damned. Their last series against each other wasn't good, you have to be a long time progress fan to get their story and those fans have seen that match too much now to really be excited for it. If you want to really grab some attention and new eyes on this product, run Ospreay Vs one of the WWE guys in Dunne or Bate because who knows when you'll get that chance again to see that match or even better against Walter for a first time ever match.

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I mean Dennis/Andrews has to be on this show if Dennis is fit to go right? You can't build that up for this long and then stick them on a normal electric ballroom show for their first match.
    I'd be stunned if it doesn't, and it's the match I'm looking forward to most so far.

I don't like that thunderbastard match at all, but the interesting thing to read into is the acts that are in the match. Webster, Haskins, Brookes, David Starr (maybe), TK Cooper maybe) - that's a lot of upper midcarders in Progress you could say, so there's gonna be a whole host of matches elsewhere on the card that mean it's too stacked for these guys to have separate matches. No Mustache Mountain might be an indicator that Bate might also have a singles match on this show.
    I'm not a fan of Webster being in there considering his angle this year. Feels like an eventual match with Haskins would have been more appropriate.

I think the set up from CMJ being on Night 3 of SSS16 is gonna pay off on this show with Pete Dunne Vs Ilja Dragunov in the Nicky Talent dream match.
    I'm thinking this happens at one of the German shows. Champion vs. Champion matches always lead to bullshit finishes (can't see wXw sending their champ to a show like this to lose) so it'd be such a cop out for a show like this. Besides....

I really hope they give up on Travis Banks before this show. Zack is too cocky/heelish to be the anti-hero against Travis Banks who is hated pretty much now by the Progress faithful. I think it's either Zack Vs Banks or Walter wins the title off Trav at some point for ZSJ Vs Walter....but fuck have I seen that match a lot this year.
    Dunne's been unpinned since September so I can see him getting added to the World title match. Part of me thinks WALTER could be added too, but I'm starting think his match will also be on a German show.

Ospreay/Havoc doesn't do a lot for me, history be damned. Their last series against each other wasn't good, you have to be a long time progress fan to get their story and those fans have seen that match too much now to really be excited for it. If you want to really grab some attention and new eyes on this product, run Ospreay Vs one of the WWE guys in Dunne or Bate because who knows when you'll get that chance again to see that match or even better against Walter for a first time ever match.
    I don't disagree with any of this (apart from liking their Street Fight last year), and again after 6 months + of Haskins/Havoc teaming and winning most of their matches, it feels a bit of a waste them not being in the tag match.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Mandrews vs Dennis finally it took 8 months to get it done, and now Dennis has to put up or shut the fuck up.

Pete Dunne Vs Ilja Dragunov I'm really hype for I love Dunne and I think he's a bad ass motherfucker and people are telling me his opponent is one bad ass motherfucker in his own right, so I might need to check out his work to get me ready for their war together.

Just finished Day 3 of Super Strong Style and now I'm ready to dive into what is going to happen at this Event. ^I'm so with Ed with this one when it comes to Banks, Walter is our Champion and they'll be taking that Title off of him sooner rather than later. I was utterly shocked to see Walter freely give up the Atlas World Title, but the dude is hungry and Walter vs Sabre JR I never seen before so it's going to be dope it goes that route. I still feel bummed with Bate's injury it would been Bate vs Walter in my mind, David vs Goliath but they can save it down the line.

When Will Ospreay challenged Jimmy Havoc, even though I don't know the history of these two involving Progress you could feel the emotions between them so I know without no doubt in my mind these two are going to tear it up.

I think they might also do Jinny vs Toni Storm for the Progress Women's Title and I love Toni as people know, but it might be the time for a change. Toni up to Super Strong Style had 14 Title Defenses, and made it 15 by the end of the night. Also I think Progress might be doing a Jinny vs Laura Di Matteo feud to wrap together their histories with each other.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Ilja Dragunov Vs Pete Dunne signed off for Wembley after the Ilja showed up in Manchester yesterday. What a match in prospect that is.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Now the card is looking a little better.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

[Your Name]

Status

Was holding out on it in case of spoilers, but guess you were right Ed, Wembley it is.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ole!

Status

Should be going to this myself if tickets are still about on Friday

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Mikk View Post
    Again you're going to see Toni Storm most likely. You are winning in life Mikk.

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Mikk View Post
    Should be seats available. Still weighing it up myself.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I haven't really touched on my final thoughts of the SSS16 weekend that I watched, maybe I'll do that tomorrow if I get more of a chance, but on the set up to Ospreay/Havoc, that was 90% a perfect angle and 10% nonsense that took me out of the moment.

The scene - Havoc just lost a death match to Joey Janela and grabs the mic to shoot on Jim Smallman about how it's Jimmy Havoc, and the sacrifices he's made to his body that made Progress famous but he's never booked with respect anymore and how Jim still hates him because he was gone from the company a lot longer than Will Ospreay even though Will lost a loser leaves town match. He's on the verge of retiring or at least leaving Progress because he's sick of everything, when Will's music hits and out comes the IWGP Jr heavyweight champion and a legit star in the business and it's a complete role reversal to when Jimmy was the man, looking down on this punk kid, making his life a misery. What ruins this whole moment is that Will comes out with a prop ax and hints that he's going to behead Jimmy and then he gives Jimmy the ax and turns his back saying 'the old Jimmy would of put that ax in my back by now' and it's just fucking garbage because at what point am I suppose to believe one of them is going to attempt to murder the other man with an ax? I know Jimmy Havoc's character has always flirted with this stuff in Progress, but it's ridiculous. The moment you bring out a weapon like that and hint at legitimate murder, you've lost me.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m #AllIn on Dunne vs. Dragunov.

Ospreay vs Havoc is whatever. It’s like what else do you do with Havoc.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I’m #AllIn on Dunne vs. Dragunov.

Ospreay vs Havoc is whatever. It’s like what else do you do with Havoc.
    Hey Nicky since you commented what Matches should I check out on Dragunov to get me ready for his Match versus Dunne buddy?

Real Women of Genius

Ring Announcer

Status
      Country                    UK

I'll be there in September. But I have been really out of touch with Progress for about 2 years because it's near impossible to get tickets for the Chapter shows now. They sell out in seconds!! Anyway, I'm going to one of their smaller shows next month and I'll try and be better and being quick to grab tickets.

I good idea just popped up in my head... they should sell tickets for Chapter shows at the Dome shows so that people who've bothered to go to the Dome shows can have a chance to get to the upcoming Chapters.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Turkey

If Travis Banks go to Wembley with PROGRESS Title, I will support Sabre more than ever. Travis's reign is so much boring these days.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Akashi View Post
    If Travis Banks go to Wembley with PROGRESS Title, I will support Sabre more than ever. Travis's reign is so much boring these days.
    It's a stumbling block in enjoying Progress shows at the moment for me. The main events always fall flat.

[Your Name]

Status

Looking at how things are falling, along with the four already announced I reckon we're getting:

Mandrews vs. Eddie (loser leaves PROGRESS?)

Atlas Title/Doug's retirement match

Women's Title (probably Jinny/Toni rematch)

And some sort of Moustache Mountain tag match to complete it. Not too shabby overall.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    It's a stumbling block in enjoying Progress shows at the moment for me. The main events always fall flat.
    It's smelling a lot like 2007-2009 era TNA in that way. The under-cards are usually fun with lots of good wrestling and the occasional weird booking decision, while the main event often ends up being overbooked nonsense that makes you wonder why you're still watching it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Will Ospreay has announced on his twitter that he will no longer be able to face Jimmy Havoc at this show.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information