IWGP Intercontinental Championship
    Tetsuya Naito (c) Vs Chris Jericho

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Evil and Sanada (c) Vs The Young Bucks

NEVER Openweight Championship
    Hirooki Goto (c) Vs Michael Elgin Vs Taichi

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
    Will Ospreay (c) Vs Hiromu Takahashi

Rey Mysterio, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jushin Thunder Liger Vs Cody, Marty Scurll and Hangman Page

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
    El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) Vs Sho and Yoh

David Finlay and Juice Robinson Vs Jay White and Yoshi-Hashi

Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr Vs Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano

-----

This is looking like the most westernised New Japan show I've ever seen. 2/3 Falls, triple threats, Bucks challenging for the heavyweight tag titles, Mysterio, Jericho and I'm guessing his match with Naito turns into a No DQ match of some kind.
    Last edited by ZinEdine Zidane; 06-05-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: NJPW Dominion - July 9th 2018

I am surprised that Jericho/Naito isn't at Cow Palace. They really must be confident of what they're going to put together for that card because ticket sales are not going very well from what I understand.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

A Triple Threat for a singles title? Alright, it's official. LIJ fans have killed Gedo and someone has took his place.

This card does look great. Perhaps it's because they had to stretch it out over a huge tour, but the last cards looked weak apart from a few matches. Okada vs Omega will be a great match as long as they don't go too over the top. I never felt the length of their first two matches but eve I don't think I could handle a match past an hour. That's my cut off point. So let's hope that the no time limits stip is a diversion for a shorter, 40 minutes match ( 40 minutes being short in this instance). I din't expect anything from Jericho for WK and he surprised me. I think the No DQ stip helped a lot so I'm not sure of what to expect in the Naito match. The Young Bucks have been fab this year, SANADA has been phenomenal and EVIL has looked fine considering he just come off injury. That should be good. I can see Goto losing the title here but Elgin taking the pin for Taichi. I hope I'm wrong but that's what I can see happening.
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Three horrible people for a pointless belt sounds like fun time

I actually am into the other three title matches.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

قلبيlهذ

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Maybe Jericho cheats to win and it sets up a rematch for Cow Palace. It's hard to comment without knowing what's coming up there but I think it would have been smart to save a big match they could have put out when tickets went on sale, but it tells me Omega's for sure getting the title & they have something big planned to announce afterwards. (There's a rumor that Jericho doesn't want to wrestle in the US tho which could have played into it. Either way, their match didn't need the title & the booking behind Naito/Jericho is awful all around)

EVIL/SANADA vs The Bucks should be a good match, & with G1 coming up I can definitely see a title switch. Sadly another lackluster tag title reign that could have been better if so.

The Triple Threat looks awful on paper. Juice should feel lucky for dodging this bullet. Unfortunately Goto, despite his recent run of overness takes the fall again due to more bad booking. Taichi's Heavyweight run has been a huge bomb. Elgin looks especially jacked so I could see him.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Maybe Jericho cheats to win and it sets up a rematch for Cow Palace.
    I feel like everyone wishing for or thinking of Jericho-at-Cow-Palace is forgetting his loyalty to Vince. Working a show in Japan is much different than coming and working a show for a rival promotion in the States. I'm not saying it's outside the realm of possibility, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

That said, I love the card so far. Even the Goto/Elgin/Taichi match, should be interesting. I feel like it's a way to get the title on Taichi without having him really beat anybody. Let Goto hit his GTR or even bust out a Shouten on Elgin, then Taichi throws him out of the ring and steals the pin. I wouldn't be upset if I'm wrong but I'll be grinning like a fool if I'm not. Like what other reason is there? That's the only one I can think of.

Also looking forward to changing my user text to EIGHT F'N STARS after this main event.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Jobber

Status

Wonder how Mysterio will get involved. Like the build for Naito-Jericho so far.
    Follow me on Twitter @libsuperstar

Status

Re: NJPW Dominion - June 9th 2018

Fucking love Jericho.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Not off to a good start with that turtle bit though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I didn't like it at all. It came of as Jericho trying way too hard to be edgy. Didn't find it particularly interesting.
    Spoiler:

Status

I think the swearing can come across like that but I liked the personal jibes at Naito (especially how he's going to make him famous) as well as the line about the IC Belt belonging in the USA since its origins are there. Jericho's enjoyable as fuck when he's let loose. I'm #ALLIN on this feud.

I hope Okada/Omega is the only match after the intermission and goes 2 hours just to work people.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I enjoyed Jericho's promo. I don't really see it as him trying to be edgy so much as he is having fun with the lack of constraint in NJPW promos. Thought he came off really well here and I'm not looking forward to their match any more than I already was but that's more because I am very interested to see how their match will go than it is a condemnation of the promo.

Could probably do without the turtle but eh.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I just don't like the promo. I was cringing for most of it and confused by it for the rest. Didn't do it for me. In fact, the best part of the promo was when the lights come back on, Naito was pretending to sleep. :lol That was pretty enjoyable, shame I don't feel the same way about the actual promo. As for the freedom, I'm glad Jericho is expressing himself without restrictions but it sounds way too put on and fake for me. He struck gold with the f**k face comment and now he is trying to do it again. That's just my opinion.

Now on to something else, I know now is the time for Okada to lose the title as it's gone on far too long and he has broken the record meaning that he had no real reason to keep it further BUT I don't think Kenny Omega is the correct choice. The Kenny Omega after the Strong Style Evolved Show maybe could be an acceptable pick to beat Okada and take the belt off him but right now, I feel like he has lost all the momentum he had after the show. After they continued that BC feud way longer than it should have gone has stopped anything Omega had imo. He feels flat and heatless to me. And other than the upcoming US Show, I don't see what makes Omega the best choice to do it right now. Basically, I think Okada should lose the title at Dominion but I don't think Omega should be the one to do it due to lack of momentum. Is that just me?
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I just don't like the promo. I was cringing for most of it and confused by it for the rest. Didn't do it for me. In fact, the best part of the promo was when the lights come back on, Naito was pretending to sleep. :lol That was pretty enjoyable, shame I don't feel the same way about the actual promo. As for the freedom, I'm glad Jericho is expressing himself without restrictions but it sounds way too put on and fake for me. He struck gold with the f**k face comment and now he is trying to do it again. That's just my opinion.

Now on to something else, I know now is the time for Okada to lose the title as it's gone on far too long and he has broken the record meaning that he had no real reason to keep it further BUT I don't think Kenny Omega is the correct choice. The Kenny Omega after the Strong Style Evolved Show maybe could be an acceptable pick to beat Okada and take the belt off him but right now, I feel like he has lost all the momentum he had after the show. After they continued that BC feud way longer than it should have gone has stopped anything Omega had imo. He feels flat and heatless to me. And other than the upcoming US Show, I don't see what makes Omega the best choice to do it right now. Basically, I think Okada should lose the title at Dominion but I don't think Omega should be the one to do it due to lack of momentum. Is that just me?
    That's to be expected since promos are mostly repetitive in the first place anyway so I don't really have much of an issue with it. Okada, Tanahashi, Naito all pretty much hit the same notes with every promo. Okada does the 'three things' shtick all the time for example.

And really it depends on what Omega does when he wins the belt if it's a good choice or not. He's hot as fuck with the Japanese audience so he's as good a chance as any to topple Okada. If he does, Okada is winning G1. But I'm not sure on that either because this year was Shibata's year to do so and that would have almost certainly meant Okada as champion going into WK. So idk. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Hand Of Shake; 05-25-2018 at 06:49 PM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Card updated. Two big pieces of business, first after winning the BOSJ, Hiromu's shot at Ospreay comes quickly on this show. Secondly the tease of Rey having a singles match has been changed to a 6 man tag teaming with Tanahashi and Liger against some Bullet Club geeks. That is one trio team of legends right there.

There's a bunch of tag matches added too. Really wouldn't mind either Suzuki and Zack or Juice and Finlay winning their match to set something up with Evil and Sanada on the next tour.

قلبيlهذ

Status

Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr Vs Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano: Suzuki & ZSJ should for sure be slotted as a regular tag team.

David Finlay and Juice Robinson Vs Jay White and Yoshi-Hashi: This is a potential sleeper match since White will have his lucky charm Finlay there to make him look better.

El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) Vs Sho and Yoh: Nobody cares other than hoping Sho & Yoh win.

Rey Mysterio, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jushin Thunder Liger Vs Cody, Marty Scurll and Hangman Page: There's a troll part of me that hopes they set up Rey/Cody for the Cow Palace. I could see Tana/Cody & Rey/Liger too. That BC team is all coming off some of the worst work of their careers respectively lately.

Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi: When I say no difference makers in the juniors look no further than them being slotted 5th from the top here. I feel strongly Hiromu should win but Will still has Ishimori & Rey previously set up. Their match earlier in the year was not great so let's hope for an improvement.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohamed Salah View Post
    Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi: When I say no difference makers in the juniors look no further than them being slotted 5th from the top here.
    The order has changed, these guys are now 3rd from the top, just behind the two huge main events in Jericho/Naito and Omega/Okada. This is the highest up the card the Junior title has ever been on a Dominion card.

credit to the two big stars of the division!
    Last edited by ZinEdine Zidane; 06-07-2018 at 06:22 PM.

قلبيlهذ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    The order has changed, these guys are now 3rd from the top, just behind the two huge main events in Jericho/Naito and Omega/Okada. This is the highest up the card the Junior title has ever been on a Dominion card.
    Deservingly so, and I'm glad after the match Hiromu had. It was criminal for them to be behind any match with Taichi in it. Hopefully he can win the title & we'll see it more often.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

With the new and updated card, here is my predictions:

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. Roppongi 3K: Roppongi 3K

With both members of R3K having a fairly successful BOSJ (mostly Sho), I could see them being given the rub here. Desperado/Kanemaru have held the titles for long enough and this is the time to drop them before the G1.

David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. YOSHI-HASHI & Jay White: YOSHI-HASHI & Jay White

Nothing much here. Clearly one on the show to push Juice vs White at the Cow Place possibly.

Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki: Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki

Suzuki Gun has been kept strong all year and I don't see this being any different.

NEVER Openweight Championship: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Taichi vs. Michael Elgin: Hirooki Goto

There has been nothing to suggest a title change and I doubt one will happen. Taichi to take the pin.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Sanada & EVIL (c) vs. The Young Bucks: EVIL and Sanada

I can see the argument for a Young Bucks win, with them just coming up to the HW Division and New Japan going into the Cow Place show BUT they are two thirds of the 6-Man Openweight Champions and I doubt they will give them two titles. Sanada and EVIL can continue title reign that's been good so far despite EVIL's injury.

Rey Mysterio, Jushin Thunder Liger & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Cody, Marty Scurll & Hangman Page: Rey Mysterio, Jushin Thunder Liger & Hiroshi Tanahashi

Interesting match in many ways such as the participants, who will take the pin and what feuds that'll come out of this. One to keep on eye on. Obviously I doubt Rey Mysterio is losing in his debut.

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi:
    Hiromu Takahashi

Loads of things point to Takahashi winning here. The year long story arc they've done with him. Losing at Dominion, being on the back burning for the rest of it and winning the BOSJ. That along with Ospreay already beating him at New Beginnings suggest a Takahashi win at Dominion. The only thing that makes me a bit wary was that Ishimori win over Ospreay at BOSJ which usually leads to a title shot so they could always keep the title on Ospreay.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Chris Jericho: Tetsuya Naito

Chris Jericho could win this depending on many things. The ticket sales of the G1 Special and whether Jericho will be on it. I really doubt he will win but I won't rule it out entirely. Naito winning this match would do wonders for him as well.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega (2-out-of-3 falls, no time limit): Kenny Omega

I wasn't exactly excited for this match in the coming weeks, mostly due to BOSJ distractions but thinking about it, I can see a fair and agreeable points regarding both men winning this match. Okada could easily win because Omega is a blimp on his reign after that draw last year and this would make that reign that much more better. Omega could win because of the upcoming Cow Place show, the US expansion and it's time for him to win the title. But that Cow Palace show solidifies Omega is winning for me.

The prediction for the match is that this match with have a draw somehow. I can see this match introducing the table from their last matches and them both getting counted out, making it 1-1 each. This takes away that Okada being pinned twice problem that people have with this match and allows Omega to pin Okada for the 2nd fall and win the title.

Can't wait for the show.
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

This show marks my official one year anniversary watching New Japan on a consistent basis (if we just ignore the fact that I skipped most of the Tag League) and I'm pretty pumped for this show. There's some matches I couldn't give a shit about (the NEVER triple threat and the Junior tag title match for instance) but the top three matches, the Mysterio tag and the Young Bucks challenging EVIL & SANADA all have me interested - add all that to the fact that a lot of what happens here will influence what goes down at the Cow Palace as well and I'll be paying close attention for sure.

Does anyone see Kenny and the Bucks both winning their respective matches and fully mending the fences within The Elite or am I just being a sentimental old softy?

Thread Information