Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT UK General Discussion Thread

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE NXT UK General Discussion Thread

Name will hopefully be edited by Wolf, Ed, or someone whenever an official name is given but I think it's about time we get one of these, just for general chit chat. Plus..

Quote Originally Posted by UK Mirror stuff
    Triple H says the future of the WWE UK division will be revealed at London's Royal Albert Hall next month.

The iconic venue will host the second WWE UK Championship Tournament on Monday and Tuesday, June 18 and 19.

The winner will face WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne on the second night, when three NXT title matches will also be held.

Tyler Bate was crowned the inaugural WWE UK Champion when the brand was launched in Blackpool in January 2017.

At the time, HHH, aka Paul Levesque, revealed plans to launch a weekly WWE UK show, but the project is still yet to materialise.

Triple H is the brains behind the WWE UK brand.

However, with WWE set to visit these shores three times in the next two months, Triple H says signification news is on its way.

He told Mirror Sport: "Just in the next few months you will see two full main roster tours of Raw and SmackDown all through the UK, you will see not only the Download Festival with NXT but shows in Paris and Antwerp, and you will see us coming back to one of the most famous arenas in London, the Royal Albert Hall, for two days back-to-back, with the WWE UK Championship and NXT combo on the second day. It's massive.

"While we are there at this UK event at the Royal Albert Hall, we will be making some announcements about the future of the UK Championship brand there in the UK and moving forward.

"That brand still remains very near and dear to me and it's something I want to move on. It's taking a little bit longer than I anticipated in getting things done and getting them done in the way I want them to get done... but it's happening.

"It will be meaningful to everybody there and over there and I look forward to showcasing the UK talent to the world."

WWE is believed to be planning TV tapings in Britain with the intention of running a UK-based promotion and also opening a training facility.

WWE star Triple H unveils plans for a 'global territorial system' with the NXT brand
    It is envisaged this would be similar to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, with British coaches trained by WWE running the scheme.

The second WWE UK Championship Tournament will also see British Strong Style (Dunne, Bate and Trent Seven) face NXT’s Undisputed ERA.

On the following evening the NXT North American Championship, NXT Women’s Championship and NXT Tag Team Championship will all be defended.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE UK Championship Brand General Discussion Thread

First all I can't wait to see the UK Tournament return, because of the last go around I started to watch Progress Wrestling further and I've been ever since. More eyes will be watching no doubt and it's going to be a great two days of Wrestling.

When it comes to the UK Brand TV Show like I'm so down for that, where you put on the WWE Block of Wrestling during the week? You think WWE would put it before NXT on Wednesday or after, or how about their own night? I personally would love to see on Wednesdays would be a great to have another night of Wrestling back to back like on Tuesdays.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    First all I can't wait to see the UK Tournament return, because of the last go around I started to watch Progress Wrestling further and I've been ever since. More eyes will be watching no doubt and it's going to be a great two days of Wrestling.

When it comes to the UK Brand TV Show like I'm so down for that, where you put on the WWE Block of Wrestling during the week? You think WWE would put it before NXT on Wednesday or after, or how about their own night? I personally would love to see on Wednesdays would be a great to have another night of Wrestling back to back like on Tuesdays.
    Well, I think a lot of this depends on if they have local TV like the plan is, and how much of a delay we'd see on the WWE Network as a result. I think ideally, throwing it on UK primetime on a Thursday would work pretty well. And if 205 moves to tapings, you could always pair that up with NXT, or with the UK brand.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'm really looking forward to seeing what british talent they use for this tournament.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

At this point, I'll be happy if something happens. The WWE hasn't done anything with the UK division ever since UK Championship Special, and we're just a couple weeks away from the one year anniversary of that show.

Hopefully ITV continues their efforts to potentially show their own wrestling program because otherwise, WWE UK will forever remain up in the air.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    At this point, I'll be happy if something happens. The WWE hasn't done anything with the UK division ever since UK Championship Special, and we're just a couple weeks away from the one year anniversary of that show.

Hopefully ITV continues their efforts to potentially show their own wrestling program because otherwise, WWE UK will forever remain up in the air.
    Well, two shows + Triple H saying they're announcing plans is encouraging. I agree though, the slow progress has been brutal. There's no reason they couldn't have at least done occasional specials in the meantime while they figured it out. But whatever, let's hope they're on it now.

So assuming the brand does go forward soon, we can assume Jinny, Toni, KLR, and Piper would be involved as far as women go. I'd guess after being idiots on social media, Haskins and Havoc won't be asked back for anything. Liverpool's #1 is expected, of course.

Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Agree on both parts here. It's all good and well that British wrestling is booming but until someone gets something on TV WWE won't be in a rush to do anything.
    I have a plan so cunning......

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Well, I think a lot of this depends on if they have local TV like the plan is, and how much of a delay we'd see on the WWE Network as a result. I think ideally, throwing it on UK primetime on a Thursday would work pretty well. And if 205 moves to tapings, you could always pair that up with NXT, or with the UK brand.
    The problem with TV here is that WWE are tied up with Sky Sports (a high priced satellite subscription service) so they've got to navigate that if they wanna get it on a major channel. Then in terms of major TV options, it's pretty limited. Can't see it on BBC, ITV have WOS of course, Five have Impact (for their sins...) so that leaves Channel 4. There's a bunch of Freeview channels they could aim for (and realistically get a good time slot), but they won't get anywhere near the audience the main 4 will.

Looking forward to another tournament. Winner getting a title shot night 2 suggests a smaller field of 8 this time. Wonder if a bunch of the guys from the previous tournament will get another shot.

Also, deets about this Havoc/Haskins stuff?

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'm really excited to see how the UK brand is handled. I tried getting back into main roster lately, but my interest died pretty quickly. If they can make the UK brand feel unique like NXT and find some ways to make it distinct from NXT, I think it'll be a great product.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Also, deets about this Havoc/Haskins stuff?
    Right wrong or indifferent, they were coming off like bitter pricks on Twitter during Wrestlemania, specifically the Nicholas stuff. Haskins did the entire "risk our bodies so some kid can get a moment" deal and Havoc talked about the kid being killed or something to that effect. Needless to say, not a good look

Spoiler:

Right wrong or indifferent, they were coming off like bitter pricks on Twitter during Wrestlemania, specifically the Nicholas stuff. Haskins did the entire "risk our bodies so some kid can get a moment" deal and Havoc talked about the kid being killed or something to that effect. Needless to say, not a good look
    The Haskins comment is completely fair, even if maybe it's not the wisest thing to go public with if you're interested in getting a deal with the WWE. As for Havoc, maybe stay away from mentioning dead kids. Something tells me the WWE isn't too fond of being connected to dead kids.

It sucks if this keeps Haskins from the WWE UK brand (If it ever starts). He's someone I'm actually surprised has never been given a proper chance by an American company.

Sweet Meat

Status

The Haskins comment is completely fair, even if maybe it's not the wisest thing to go public with if you're interested in getting a deal with the WWE. As for Havoc, maybe stay away from mentioning dead kids. Something tells me the WWE isn't too fond of being connected to dead kids.

It sucks if this keeps Haskins from the WWE UK brand (If it ever starts). He's someone I'm actually surprised has never been given a proper chance by an American company.
    Haskins was supposedly going to be part of the original tournament but his injury made him miss it. "Fair" or not, like I said, it's stupid as shit to do. Not the best way to get hired

Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

Haskins has had a couple of gigs in PWG Jim, but weirdly it's Flash Morgan Webster they keep bringing back.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sweet Meat

Status

Well, two shows + Triple H saying they're announcing plans is encouraging. I agree though, the slow progress has been brutal. There's no reason they couldn't have at least done occasional specials in the meantime while they figured it out. But whatever, let's hope they're on it now.

So assuming the brand does go forward soon, we can assume Jinny, Toni, KLR, and Piper would be involved as far as women go. I'd guess after being idiots on social media, Haskins and Havoc won't be asked back for anything. Liverpool's #1 is expected, of course.
    dook is dang smart, toni was in local ads for it yesterday.

i have no idea what other girls they'd go for. Xia, maybe Millie in time. I don't think much of either, but it IS developmental

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

As for Havoc, maybe stay away from mentioning dead kids. Something tells me the WWE isn't too fond of being connected to dead kids.
    Wake up. Anyone can tell that Vince is behind those Make-A-Wish kids' illnesses as a way to put over John Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Toni Storm is going be in the taping then? She is okay I guess and it's a well known name. They wanted to sign her for a while and this is one step towards that.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Toni Storm is going be in the taping then? She is okay I guess and it's a well known name. They wanted to sign her for a while and this is one step towards that.
    SCS have said a few times that her, Piper, and KLR (among other MYC girls) have basically been on a "sit tight" situation. So if true, it'll be good to see them finally get deals of some kind.

Tournament spoilers

Spoiler:

Apparently at the NXT tapings, two 205 Live stars competed for a spot in the tournament. Drew Gulak lost to Jack Gallagher. I'd assume this is due to Bate's injury, but who knows.

But interestingly..

Spoiler:

Apparently Piper and KLR worked the WOS taping
    Last edited by Hollywood Dook; 05-10-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

SCS have said a few times that her, Piper, and KLR (among other MYC girls) have basically been on a "sit tight" situation. So if true, it'll be good to see them finally get deals of some kind.
    It's a bit vague to me this deal. It's not like the UK guys who are waiting for a brand to actually kickstart, WWE have multiple womens divisions up and running. There's no need to wait if they really want them.

Tournament spoilers

Spoiler:

Apparently at the NXT tapings, two 205 Live stars competed for a spot in the tournament. Drew Gulak lost to Jack Gallagher. I'd assume this is due to Bate's injury, but who knows.
    Spoiler:

Bate's scheduled for non-tournament action night 1 anyway, so likely nothing to do with that. Jack's a great addition though, forgot about him.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    It's a bit vague to me this deal. It's not like the UK guys who are waiting for a brand to actually kickstart, WWE have multiple womens divisions up and running. There's no need to wait if they really want them.

Spoiler:

Bate's scheduled for non-tournament action night 1 anyway, so likely nothing to do with that. Jack's a great addition though, forgot about him.

Maybe, but they have a ton of women still. So if the women are going to be for the UK brand, I can see why they took it slow. The smart thing would have been to lock them in the UK contracts at least though. Let it be a lesson to them.

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

WON say El Ligero and Dave Mastiff have been in talks with WWE for this. Would explain then not working for WoS.

Thread Information