Pet Sematary (2019)

Release date: April 19, 2019
    Studio: Paramount Pictures
    Directors: Kevin Kolsch, Dennis Widmyer
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Jeff Buhler, David Kajganich
    Starring: Jason Clarke, John Lithgow
    Genre: Horror

Plot Summary: An updated version of Stephen King's "Pet Sematary." The following is how the 1983 book is described:

"The road in front of Dr. Louis Creed's rural Maine home frequently claims the lives of neighborhood pets. Louis has recently moved from Chicago to Ludlow with his wife Rachel, their children and pet cat. Near their house, local children have created a cemetery for the dogs and cats killed by the steady stream of transports on the busy highway. Deeper in the woods lies another graveyard, an ancient Indian burial ground whose sinister properties Louis discovers when the family cat is killed."

Paramount brought the book to life in 1989 with a feature version adapted by King that starred Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby and Fred Gwynne.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Pet Sematary (2019)

Production Begins on Pet Sematary Remake

Co-director Dennis Widmyer announced on Twitter today that production has just begun on Paramount Pictures’ adaptation of Pet Sematary. In the tweet, Widmyer and co-director Kevin Kolsch are holding a slate for the film. You can check the tweet out below!

Pet Sematary will be headlined by Jason Clarke (Winchester, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), who will be taking the lead role of Dr. Louis Creed. John Lithgow joins him as Jud, an older neighbor of Dr. Creed who introduces him to the area’s many secrets and mysteries.

Paramount Pictures‘ adaptation will be directed by Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch (Starry Eyes) and is written by Jeff Buhler, the showrunner for Syfy’s upcoming horror science fiction series, Nightflyers, based on the George R.R. Martin novella. Lorenzo di Bonaventura (1408, Transformers) is producing along with Mark Vahradian and Steven Schneider (Insidious).

The film is an updated version of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary. The following is how the 1983 book is described: The road in front of Dr. Louis Creed’s rural Maine home frequently claims the lives of neighborhood pets. Louis has recently moved from Chicago to Ludlow with his wife Rachel, their children and pet cat. Near their house, local children have created a cemetery for the dogs and cats killed by the steady stream of transports on the busy highway. Deeper in the woods lies another graveyard, an ancient Indian burial ground whose sinister properties Louis discovers when the family cat is killed.

Pet Sematary is slated for release on April 19, 2019.
    Here we go, this thing has been on hold for years.

Status

Here's an official poster.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Now I've never read the Book or any Bool from Stephen King, but is the Kid Cult thing apart of the Book that was kept outta the original? That was pretty creepy to hear the drumming and the kids going to the Sematary as if they are going to Church. I wonder if they know the Truck Scene and make it brutal as it can be if it's Rated R, if not well get some something like we got in the original without the Vader nooo at the end.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 10-10-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

The trailer looked decent enough, don't think anything can beat the original for me.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

There wasn't any cult parts in the book and it is an interesting addition (as really the whole idea of the "Sematary" is pretty cult like). This is my favourite King book and I love the movie (despite the corniness) but I enjoyed that trailer. I'm definitely interested.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

​Liked the look of the trailer for this. I'm sold.

Thread Information