Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WWE Predictions League: Season 8 (2018-2019) - Update Status: It's Complicated

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE Predictions League: Season 8 (2018-2019) - Update Status: It's Complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Genuinely didn't realise this show would count (I guess Crown Jewel will count too) to be honest, and I haven't been online much recently to keep track. I need to check in more often!
    I wasn't sure it would've counted either (we didn't do Greatest Royal Rumble if the spreadsheet is right so the precedent is there) so I asked around, got a couple of positive responses and like zero negative ones.

I want to say that 'if it's streamed live on the Network' then it counts as part of the prediction league' but I'd like to hear from a few more of y'all before I make that an official rule.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Re: WWE Predictions League: Season 8 (2018-2019) - Update Status: It's Complicated

If it's cool smooth jazz wolf I'd like to join or is it to late dude?

Peace.

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    If it's cool smooth jazz wolf I'd like to join or is it to late dude?

Peace.
    Of course you can join in mate. Anyone can join or leave at anytime, just give the rules a gander and you'll be set for the next round we do.

http://www.wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169730

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Of course you can join in mate. Anyone can join or leave at anytime, just give the rules a gander and you'll be set for the next round we do.

http://www.wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169730
    Nice one will do.

Peace.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Well that shakes things up quite nicely.

Don't know why it wouldn't have counted as a contest to be honest. It was a major show pushed on TV, and part of main roster continuity, surprised people missed the jump on it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rising Above...

Status

I didn't see the thread until the event had started.

Maybe worth putting the thread up at the begining of the week - can understand this was a one off problem due to the event being on Saturday and not the usual Sunday slot. Just one to think of before the next Saudi show.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Man I've been really falling off the rails lately, gotta get back on track.
    I'm good with whatever gets done, it'll just depend on how big a deal these shows are going forward I think. Because the Network has done a couple of these before but they were mostly just glorified house shows. But it really shakes things up a little, and more predictions are always fun!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm happy for these extra big shows to be included, I just need to be more alert and switched on

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    I didn't see the thread until the event had started.

Maybe worth putting the thread up at the begining of the week - can understand this was a one off problem due to the event being on Saturday and not the usual Sunday slot. Just one to think of before the next Saudi show.
    The problem with putting up the thread at the beginning of the week is the chance of go-home shows adding more matches or additional elements to preexisting matches and being hesitant to edit said thread for matches incase it spoils something. By Wednesday usually all matches have been confirmed so I can throw the thread up without any fear of spoilers.

SSD was posted somewhat later than usual and I'll take full blame for anyone who missed it.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Completely missed it!!!

Maybe if a message was dropped in here that s new predictions thread is up it would help. Like Tommy if I’m away from the site and a new thread that I’m not going to be subscribed to goes up, I won’t see it.

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Completely missed it!!!

Maybe if a message was dropped in here that s new predictions thread is up it would help. Like Tommy if I’m away from the site and a new thread that I’m not going to be subscribed to goes up, I won’t see it.
    This seems to be a not uncommon thing so I'll probably start implementing this idea. A quick post in the predictions thread that 'hey new thread is up, go make predictions now kthxbai' with a link to the new thread. That or not bother creating a new thread and just post the prediction template here.

Friendship King

Status

Update: The Prediction thread for Evolution will go up tomorrow. You may begin thinking of your predictions for the event.

Friendship King

Status

Update: The Prediction thread for Evolution will go up tomorrow. You may begin thinking of your predictions for the event.
    Update: One more match has been confirmed for Evolution, and since it's the finals of the Mae Young Classic I have to wait a day before I can make the thread due to the spoiler rules. The thread will be posted as soon as the spoiler time delay is up.

Thank you for your continuing patience.

Friendship King

Status

Evolution WWE Evolution Predictions

League Rules & Standings

WWE Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella

WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair - Last Woman Standing Match

Trish Stratus & Lita vs Alexa Bliss & Mickie James

NXT Women's Champion Kairi Sane vs Shanya Baszler

Bayley, Sasha Banks, & Natayla vs The Roitt Squad

Mae Young Classic Finals - Toni Storm vs Io Shirai

Women's Battle Royal

---

Bonus Questions

1. Which match will open the show? (2 points)
    2. Which match will be the longest on the show? (2 points)
    3. How many titles will change hands? (2 points)
    4. Who will take the fall during the Bayley/Banks/Natayla vs Roitt Squad match? (3 points)
    5. How many submission wins will there be on the show? (3 points)

Good luck to everyone. Please PRIVATE MESSAGE myself your predictions before the start of the show. Predictions Template will be posted shortly.

Friendship King

Status

Re: WWE Evolution Predictions

Templaaaaaate

Ronda Rousey (c) vs Nikki Bella
    Result:

Becky Lynch (c) vs Charlotte Flair
    Result:

Trish Stratus & Lita vs Alicia Fox & Mickie James
    Result:

Kairi Sane (c) vs Shanya Baszler
    Result:

Bayley, Sasha Banks, & Natayla vs The Riott Squad
    Result:

Toni Storm vs Io Shiari
    Result:

Women's Battle Royal
    Result:

Bonus Questions

PREDICT AWAY VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE. Remember that the more detail you go into, the more points you stand to gain. And because I love pointless battle royals, you can gain an extra point for every accurate elimination you predict for the battle royal to a limit of five. I bet no-one will actually read that part.

HAVE FUN.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 10-27-2018 at 03:40 AM.

Friendship King

Status

Update to the update: The predictions thread for Evolution is now open. You may now send in all your predictions for the event.

so does making a post in this thread letting y'all be aware of the thread being opened make things easier for y'all or nah

On Vacation

Status

Y'all need to join PWA.

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Knuckles View Post
    Y'all need to join PWA.
    Recommendation: If those in the prediction league here are interested in predictions with a bit more spice, give PWA a gander. It's a cross between predictions and e-fedding with rewards based on how accurate and consistent your predictions are, like all those various titles in Knuck's signature. It also happens to be based equally on Raw/Smackdown stats as opposed to mere PPV stats, so predictions are made more regularly.

If y'all want some spice, a bit of creativity in your predictions, or if you think I'm running the WC Predictions League into the ground (fair) then take a look at PWA. Might hit that perfect sweet spot for you.

Knucks, I will take my payment for this PWA advertisement in cash please.

On Vacation

Status

Recommendation: If those in the prediction league here are interested in predictions with a bit more spice, give PWA a gander. It's a cross between predictions and e-fedding with rewards based on how accurate and consistent your predictions are, like all those various titles in Knuck's signature. It also happens to be based equally on Raw/Smackdown stats as opposed to mere PPV stats, so predictions are made more regularly.

If y'all want some spice, a bit of creativity in your predictions, or if you think I'm running the WC Predictions League into the ground (fair) then take a look at PWA. Might hit that perfect sweet spot for you.

Knucks, I will take my payment for this PWA advertisement in cash please.

Thank you for the much needed shout out.

PWA is a predictions fed. Every week, you pick a lineup of WWE wrestlers and you get scored based on their performance on RAW, SDL, 205 LIVE and PPV. You get points for appearances, matches, finishers, wins, title wins, etc. It's pretty much like fantasy football.

We also have storylines for fun and every player has a chance to promo to create fresh rivalries. The promoing is just for fun, but the predictions part is where you actually score points.

I would also like to add that making predictions makes watching WWE a lot more enjoyable. Have you been complaining that WWE is too predictable? I bet if you play PWA, you will realize how UNPREDICTABLE WWE actually is. It's a fun discovery and adds the hype back into WWE.

PWA moved to WrestlingClique from another forum in the hopes of increasing our roster size.

Please check us out in the Wrestling Games section. Please feel free to ask us any questions.

Friendship King

Status

Heads up - The Lita/Stratus vs Bliss/James tag match has been changed to Lita/Stratus vs Fox/James due to injury. Keep this in mind when sending your predictions in.

Thread Information