Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: May 2nd, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: May 2nd, 2018

WWE NXT preview, May 2, 2018: Dunne looks to settle score with Strong
    Fate put them together. Selfishness tore them apart. Now, WWE U.K. Champion Pete Dunne’s search for vengeance has put him on a collision course with his former partner, NXT Tag Team Champion Roderick Strong, tonight on WWE NXT.

Strong infamously turned on Dunne in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans in a bout that was also for the NXT Tag Team Championship, joining Undisputed ERA and helping them retain the titles, which he now stakes claim to as a member of the group.

The BruiserWeight has not forgotten the betrayal, recently pledging to rip Strong’s head off. Can Dunne make good on that vow, especially with Undisputed ERA undoubtedly keeping a close eye on the festivities? Find out on WWE NXT tonight!

The Street Profits and “The Mighty” TM61 collide in tag team action
    Two of NXT’s most formidable tag teams will collide tonight as “The Mighty” TM61 take on The Street Profits in a highly anticipated contest. Nick Miller & Shane Thorne are one of NXT’s most experienced teams, but Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins have surged up the division’s ranks over the last several months. Which pair will prevail and position themselves squarely in the hunt for an NXT Tag Team Championship opportunity? Watch this spectacular clash tonight!

“NXT’s Finest” Kona Reeves returns
    Kona Reeves, who has proclaimed himself to be NXT’s “Finest” Superstar, returns to Full Sail University tonight, ready to back up his claims. The NXT Universe hasn’t seen Reeves in many months, but as recent footage shows, the Hawaiian Superstar is more confident than ever. Will Reeves still be all smiles following his return to the ring tonight?

Will Candice LeRae have her head in the game against Bianca Belair?
    After witnessing her husband Johnny Gargano be savagely attacked by Tommaso Ciampa last week (a beating that resulted in Johnny Wrestling being rushed to a local medical facility), Candice LeRae must now reset and refocus on her own career, as she battles the dominant Bianca Belair on WWE NXT tonight.

Can Candice Wrestling contain The EST of NXT? Find out when NXT streams live on the award-winning WWE Network!

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: May 2nd, 2018

Dunne Vs Strong was very good last time out, and now there's more juice between them after the turn, so high hopes for that one.

I hope Belair Vs Candice isn't bogged down by Candice having to wrestle the match while having a 'concerned about Gargano' face.

This Kona bloke looks like a bad idea even before I've seen him.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Pete Dunne vs Strong sounds promising.

The tag match could be good.

Not really into Bianca Belair and Candice hasn't looked great and I doubt this will be anything other than a story device for Ciampa/Gargano.

Who is Kona Reeves?
    Spoiler:

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post

Who is Kona Reeves?
    NXT's finest
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

That Candice promo is totally worth her being a part of this feud and this feud continuing.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Black Mass

Status

Pretty good episode. I'm still not really feeling TM61 since they've come back but we'll see where this new angle takes them. Kona Reeves just doesn't seem promising at all. He'd probably make a good Smackdown jobber though. I <3 Bianca Belair and even though that deadlift spot was super unrealistic, it was definitely impressive and got me hyped. Roddy and Dunne put on another awesome match as I hoped and like I expected the stage is now set to do Dunne, Burch and Lorcan vs. TUE.

Kassius vs. Tomasso next week should be amazing assuming Ciampa doesn't just jump Kassius and hospitalize him or walk out in the middle of the match like a dick. Also excited to see EC3 in action. It'll be his first match on NXT TV. One funny thing about his promo was when we referred to himself as a "Golden God"... Between EC3 saying that and Tucker Knight saying he was "Tacking on mass" I get the feeling Triple H or one of the NXT writers has been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I hope Belair Vs Candice isn't bogged down by Candice having to wrestle the match while having a 'concerned about Gargano' face.
    I mean, there's no other way to do it a week after that angle. I get why you might not like it, but the set up with the promo and the way she did actually work the match made it all worthwhile for me. Bianca Belair gets a nice win, Candice loses nothing thanks to her obvious issues elsewhere in her life and we got to see a truly convincing emotional promo. Well done all round to everyone involved I thought

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Who is Kona Reeves?
    Someone that stole Jiro Kuroshio's look and Bianca Belair's gimmick.

I'm both happy and sad that Dunne was saved by Burch and Lorcan and not Bate and Seven. British Strong Style in NXT would've been spectacular but this will be too and it gives Burch and Lorcan some focus. I like it.

Demon Bunny

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    I mean, there's no other way to do it a week after that angle. I get why you might not like it, but the set up with the promo and the way she did actually work the match made it all worthwhile for me. Bianca Belair gets a nice win, Candice loses nothing thanks to her obvious issues elsewhere in her life and we got to see a truly convincing emotional promo. Well done all round to everyone involved I thought

Someone that stole Jiro Kuroshio's look and Bianca Belair's gimmick.

I'm both happy and sad that Dunne was saved by Burch and Lorcan and not Bate and Seven. British Strong Style in NXT would've been spectacular but this will be too and it gives Burch and Lorcan some focus. I like it.
    To be fair its only cause bate is hurt. Oney is underrated and fuck kona reeves guy sucks

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Bate's hurt again?

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Nah, he's been wrestling recently. Kayfabe though he may still be injured.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Kona Reeves is NXT’s next big “go away” talent falling in line with Elias and Baron Corbin.

This Dakota Kai stuff is absolutely terrible.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

I don't mind the Dakota stuff but it's very Bayley.

So I can see why Nicky hates it

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

I haven't seen the episode yet, but if it's as bad as last week where she's on the verge of tears and PTSDing over Shayna then yeah it's not a direction I want to see her go in.

Sweet Meat

Status

I haven't seen the episode yet, but if it's as bad as last week where she's on the verge of tears and PTSDing over Shayna then yeah it's not a direction I want to see her go in.
    still the same route but not so extreme. borne tried mocking her for it then got shut up

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

ok that girl is not popular enough to just use her surname cause I was going....Matt borne? he died right?....Evan Borne?....wrong spelling

Sweet Meat

Status

ok that girl is not popular enough to just use her surname cause I was going....Matt borne? he died right?....Evan Borne?....wrong spelling
    Ed, you're slacking

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah but Dook’s not selling it right because that fucking weird group of interviewers are there too while Dakota acts horribly and they actually react to a burn

It was pretty hilarious yet bad, and if these segments are now how they’re selling Shayna’s first challenger to the audience then this shit is weaksauce.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

I'm someone who actually likes the interviewer thing. Even if they overdo it.

Borne is nowhere near ready though she shows signs of hope.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Not a lot of those women feel completely ready. This is probably NXT’s most impactful raid yet because you can definitely feel like they’re throwing darts at the wall due to lack of preparation in some areas, notably the women’s division. Focusing so hard on Baszler and Moon, making everyone feel extremely minor in the program, and having the Iconic Duo fall off the face of the earth is now taking it’s toll. Seeing that package for some of the women in the division made me scratch my head because why should I all of a sudden care for Aliyah and a bunch of MYC first round fodder that I barely see?
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Not a lot of those women feel completely ready. This is probably NXT’s most impactful raid yet because you can definitely feel like they’re throwing darts at the wall due to lack of preparation in some areas, notably the women’s division. Focusing so hard on Baszler and Moon, making everyone feel extremely minor in the program, and having the Iconic Duo fall off the face of the earth is now taking it’s toll. Seeing that package for some of the women in the division made me scratch my head because why should I all of a sudden care for Aliyah and a bunch of MYC first round fodder that I barely see?
    Yeah, it'll definitely take time to build it. They'll do it though.

With acts like Kona, Borne, and Lacey, I'm much more reminded of it being developmental than HM and SP. Tag teams with personality can hide it much better than solo acts, too.

Spoiler:

Thread Information