Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWF(E): Invasion

Drink It In Maaan!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWF(E): Invasion

I started watching the Royal Rumble earlier and realized I invertedly booked the same WWF Championship without meaning too. Kinda neat.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Grange View Post
    I started watching the Royal Rumble earlier and realized I invertedly booked the same WWF Championship without meaning too. Kinda neat.
    Well, it's not the worst time period to have some things be similar lol. Anyways, my predictions for the matches at the Rumble.

30 Man Royal Rumble Match
    Confirmed Participants: (14 out of 30) [The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Test, Tazz, William Regal, "The One" Billy Gunn, The Rock, Chris Jericho, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Kane, Rikishi] - No real reason for this pick, the field is just so wide open with so many different storylines going into it. Undertaker, Test, Austin, Kane, Benoit, Guerrero, Rock, or Jericho could all realistically win. Austin just seems like the safest choice

WWF Championship
    Kurt Angle (c) versus Triple H - The change in demeanor from Vince McMahon toward Kurt Angle, plus Stephanie already being in the Game's corner, makes me suspect that Triple H will walk out of the Rumble with gold, and walk into Wrestlemania defending the belt.

WWF Tag Team Championship Number One Contendership Match
    The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) versus The Hardy Boyz (Jeff and Matt Hardy) - Can't really go wrong in either direction here, the Hardyz just
    seem like the option to face Edge and Christian next. Both options offer up fantastic matches, though

WWF European Championship
    William Regal (c) versus "The One" Billy Gunn - Regal is on a decent
    roll
    as European Champion, and he should stay on that track heading into Wrestlemania. And unless Gunn is about to team up with X-Pac and Triple H once again, I don't see him gaining much steam as a singles competitor

WWE 2006: Fixing the Mess

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

Finished up a major class at school finally, shew. Expect the Royal Rumble in the next few days

Underdog

Status

Nice promo to set up the matches tonight for Smackdown. Some good matches for the go home show for Royal Rumble.

X-pac going over is a good decision and a nice wrestling match to start off SD. Good booking.

Nice RTC segment with the promo starting first leading into the match. I liked you saving the PPV match by doing the DQ finish here. I think APA making the save was a good cause. One thing that I would say, just from a writing perspective, is mindful of run on sentences. They can really take a reader out of the moment.

I always love a good surprise opponent for a PPV. I hope its someone that you are bringing in. I know this is an Invasion BTB but I don’t think itll be a WCW guy, so hopefully itll be a return of someone.

Radicalz going over is a little surprising. I would assume that Tazz would be the one taking the fall here, if his team was losing, but hey that’s why im not the booker. Haha.

Again, a surprise on who won, b/c I thought that you would want to keep HHH strong for his title match. This could lead to Rock being the next contender and he has the evidence to do it. I wonder if Stephanie had anything to do with Test helping out.

Nice finishing Angle with Kane and HHH. I don’t really like Heel Kane…I just always like him better as a Baby that kills people. Looking forward to the Rumble and the eventual invasion.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

January 21st, 2001

It was time to get the much-anticipated WWF Royal Rumble underway as Jim Ross and Paul Heyman were on commentary to get this show started as they went over the card. Cameras would span to backstage where Triple H and Stephanie McMahon were seen arriving at the arena. The camera would then turn to the WWF Champion Kurt Angle as the crowd would cheer. Now, it was time to get our first match on the night underway. The theme music of the WWF European Champion William Regal would hit the arena as the crowd would erupt in boo’s. Regal headed towards the ring not looking very pleased that he is still being forced to defend his championship tonight and he didn’t have a clue who his opponent was going to be. Regal would turn to face the titantron to find out who his opponent was going to be. The fans would erupt in cheers as the theme music of “The One” Billy Gunn’s old friend, X-Pac would hit the arena! X-Pac would make his way out to the ring clearly being Regal’s surprise opponent.

-----------

WWF European Championship
    William Regal (c) versus X-Pac

It was time for the nights action to get underway as X-Pac had a huge opportunity here going up against the European Champion, William Regal! The bell was sounded as Regal looked to lock things up but X-Pac had different plans as he would fight back with a series of punches and kicks. X-Pac was looking to get the upper hand quick in this match and then he might be able to carry it all the way through the match but William Regal was able to catch X-Pac and nail him with a power slam to stop X-Pac’s momentum before he got two fired up. Regal would look to try and keep X-Pac on the ground and off his game by trying to out wrestle him. Although, X-Pac refused to go down without a fight as he would fight back against Regal’s submissions with punches and elbows! The crowd were trying to rally behind X-Pac to get the job done here tonight as X-Pac was still getting used to the fans being behind him. X-Pac was fighting with a lot of heart lately as both of these two men would go back and forth fighting with everything that they have to give. X-Pac looked to get close to winning the championship but Regal was able to continue to get out. Although, X-Pac looked to finish off Regal with the X-Factor. X-Pac would have been able to get the job done but the referee was down as Regal would use that as a chance to low blow X-Pac. Regal would finish off X-Pac as he would reach into his trunks to finish off X-Pac with a shot from the brass knuckles! X-Pac looked to be out cold as the crowd erupted in boos! William went for the pin as the referee was slow to get back too as he would slowly make the three count!

Winner: William Regal

-----------

Cameras would cut to backstage where we would see Jonathon Coachman standing by with his first guest of the night, Chris Jericho. The crowd would erupt in cheers for Jericho as Coachman would welcome Jericho to the show and would ask how he was feeling going into the Royal Rumble match knowing that he was going to be forced to go against 29 other men who were hungry for the same thing. Jericho said he knew that the field was a heavy one and that it looked like his chances were slim but he was going to get the job done tonight. After 30 men had entered and 29 had been thrown out, it would be Y2J at Wrestlemania 17 in the Main Event. Coachman looked to ask Jericho another question whenever the sound of a chair shot was heard in the distance! Coachman would look to the cameraman to tell him to follow him as Coach went running to get the scoop. Going around a corner, cameras would pick up Hardcore Holly attacking the WWF Hardcore Champion Raven with a referee with him!

-----------

WWF Hardcore Championship
    Raven © vs Hardcore Holly

Hardcore Holly had come out of nowhere attacking Raven from behind with a steel chair as he looked to steal the win as he looked for the pin but Raven was able to kick out at two. Hardcore Holly grabbed the steel chair looking to hit Raven more with the chair. Although, Raven was able to get his hands on a steel pipe as he hit Holly in the mid-section. Raven would look to try to get away from Holly to save his title but he would just run into another issue and another Holly! Crash Holly nailed raven with a steel chair out of nowhere as Raven would round around a corner. Crash looked to go for the pin on Raven but his cousin Hardcore was able to get there to break the pin attempt. Crash would look very upset with his cousin as he would get in his face. Hardcore would make the first move pushing his cousin before Crash would tackle Hardcore to the ground. The Holly cousins would fight things out as Raven would grab his Hardcore championship and quickly get the hell out of dodge. Raven was able to get away as Hardcore and Crash would realize the let him get away.

-----------

Cameras would cut to backstage where we would come to the locker room where The Hardy Boyz and Lita were getting ready for Matt and Jeff’s big match against The Dudley Boyz. The Hardyz would come walking out of the locker room as they would walk into the hall right into once of the last things you possibly want to walk into… the Right To Censor. Ivory would step forward with her mimic Tori as they would instantly target Lita out for being with two guys and being a disgrace to women. Matt Hardy seemed to take a harder insult to that as he would step up to Ivory before the big Bull Buchanan would step in front of Matt Hardy to protect Ivory. Matt Hardy was certainly not afraid of Bull Buchanan, but Jeff Hardy would try to get Matt to back off reminding him that they had a huge match in front of them and couldn’t be getting into a fight right now. Matt knew that his brother was right but didn’t want to back down either. Coming to the rescue, Chyna would step up as the crowd went wild. Chyna would get in Bull Buchanan’s face as Steven Richards would step in at that point to get his team to back off. Chyna would turn to tell The Hardy’s best of luck as they would all fist bump before Team Xtreme went off to the ring.

-----------

WWF Tag Team Championship Number One Contendership Match
    The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) versus The Hardy Boyz (Jeff and Matt Hardy)

It was time to get this match underway as Jeff Hardy and Bubba Ray Dudley looked to start off the match for their respective teams. The bell would be sounded as the two men would start off the match by locking things up as Bubba Ray would try to use his power to bully Jeff around the ring as he was able to power Jeff back into the corner as he would make the first tag of the match to D-Von as thy would show impressive teamwork as always. The fans were certainly not liking what they were seeing right now as they would try to rally behind Jeff Hardy as Matt Hardy lead them on. Jeff was able to fight back into this match as he would nail D-Von with a spinning wheel kick to have enough time to quickly go to make the tag to his brother Matt who flew into the ring like he was on fire taking down everything that was in his way. He knocked Bubba Ray off the apron before looking to hit D-Von with the Twist of Fate but D-Von was able to reverse the move into a neckbreaker! Both of these teams had been to the top of this division before and wanted nothing more than to be able to climb up to those titles once again and that was being shown on display in this match! Both teams would go back and forth tagging in and out of the ring as the crowd were giving their love and respect for both of these teams at this point. Nearing towards the end of this match, both teams were running low on stamina, but it still looked like the match could go either way! Suddenly, Ivory and Tori would jump the barricade attacking Lita! Matt Hardy would run them off as Bull Buchanan would show up on the other side of the ring. Jeff would be distracted by Bull long enough for whenever he turned around, The Dudleys were ready to hit him with the 3D! Bubba Ray would make the cover on Jeff as Matt tried to save the match but wasn’t able in time to stop the three count.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz

Matt Hardy looked disappointed for the moment before suddenly he was jerked out of the ring by Steven Richards! The Right To Censor were all here now as they looked to attack The Hardy Boyz! The Dudleyz started up the ramp as the crowd booed loudly. The Goodfather and Bull Buchanan were ripping apart Matt and Jeff as suddenly The Dudleyz would have a change of heart! The crowd went wild as Bubba Ray and D-Von came running back down to the ring after the Right To Censor! Working together, The Hardyz and The Dudleyz were able to easily take out the Right To Censor. The crowd were loving this as The two teams that just beat the hell out of each other would shake hands.

-----------

It was about time for the WWF Championship match as backstage, Jonathon Coachman was back with the WWF Champion Kurt Angle who has seen a huge change of character in the past few weeks. Angle looked to be in high spirits tonight as Coachman would ask how Angle felt about facing Triple H tonight with Wrestlemania so close. Kurt said that he knew that Triple H was who the “McMahon’s” wanted as the WWF Champion. He had seen what this company was really about here recently, and he knew that nothing will be handed to you on a silver platter unless your last name is McMahon or unless you married one of them. The crowd would let out a loud “ooh!” as Kurt Angle was going off at this point. Kurt had a ton of pint of aggression that he was finally being able to let out off of his chest now that he was constantly kissing Mr. McMahon’s ass. The crowd would suddenly pop in cheers at first in shock as Shane McMahon would come walking up to get in the face of Kurt Angle. It looked like something was about to go down before Shane would smile and over Angle a hand and wishing him luck before walking off leaving Kurt looking rather confused.

-----------

WWF Championship
    Kurt Angle (c) versus Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon

It was time for the much-anticipated WWF Championship match to get underway as the champion Kurt Angle looked to defend against Triple H who had an edge against Angle it seemed as he had his wife Stephanie McMahon with him at ringside. The bell would be sounded as Angle and Triple H would start off the match by locking things up. Angle looked to get The Game in a headlock put triple H was able to push Angle off of him and into the ropes. Angle would come off of the rebound to be nailed with a huge knee by Triple H! The crowd booed as Hunter looked to take control of the match. Triple H picked up Angle put Kurt was able to trip him up and would be able to pick out his ankle! Angle locked in the ankle lock and the crowd erupted in cheers as Triple H was in trouble for the first time in the match! Triple H fought to get over to the ring ropes but was having trouble in being able to successfully do so. Luckily for him, Stephanie was there to literally give him a hand to reach the ropes and break the hold. The crowd were really letting HHH and Stephanie have it tonight as Stephanie would continue to try and be a part of this match helping out her husband at any chance she could. At one point in the match, Stephanie would even distract Angle for Triple H to surprise him with the Pedigree but Angle was just able to kick out before the count of three. Both of these men knew what was on the line here tonight, the biggest prize in their industry and they were fighting with everything on the line. Things would get very interesting later on in the match whenever Stephanie McMahon would get involved once again but this time the referee Earl Hebner caught her in the act and had had enough as he would ban her from ringside and it was finally one on one! Angle and Triple H were both on their last breaths as it could be long until a champion would be crowned! The two went back and forth but it looked like Angle was about to retain his championship whenever a masked man would nail the referee from behind with Kurt’s championship! The crowd were in shock as Angle went after the man but was eventually hit with the title as well! The man would exit the ring to a chorus of boos! Everyone was down in the ring until Triple H was able to get to his feet. There was a chorus of boo’s from the crowd as Triple H was able to easily now pick up Angle for the Pedigree! Triple H would make the cover as Earl Hebner slowly but surely counted the three count.

Winner: Triple H

-----------

This crowd had been building and building in anticipation to hear Mr. McMahon’s announcement to a point that they were beginning to think they weren’t going to hear it again. About that time, the iconic theme music of Mr. McMahon would hit the arena as the crowd would pop loudly in a mixture of cheers and boos. Mainly the boos as Vince would come strutting down the ramp with a great big smile on his face here tonight. It was finally time to hear what this big announcement was that Vince had been hyping for nearly a month now. Vince would enter the ring being introduced by Lilian Garcia who handed off her microphone to the boss. Vince would take to the microphone as he would start off his promo by telling this quote, “In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them.”. The crowd looked confused for a moment before Vince would have big smile on his face. For years, I have been in a war. Today, I, Vince McMahon, have ended the war because… I now own my competition. There was a stunned “Oh” over the crowd as Vince once again reiterated he now owned WCW. Suddenly, for the first time in WWF history, “Here Comes The Money” would hit the arena as Shane McMahon would come walking out from the back as the crowd went wild. Shane would enter the ring as Vince didn’t look happy his son was out here to ruin his moment. Vince would yell at Shane but Shane ignored him in getting a microphone. Shane would tell his dad that he had some bad news, he didn’t own WCW. The deal never went officially through. Vince questioned Shane’s involvement in the situation as Shane just smiled. Shane would suddenly point behind Vince as the crowd erupted in shock. Mr. McMahon would turn around right into the Diamond Cutter by Diamond Dallas Page! The crowd were on their feet in “Holy Shit!” chants! Shane would scream at his Dad telling him that HE now owns WCW as he would raise the hand of Diamond Dallas Page as suddenly Bradshaw and Faarooq came running down the ramp and DDP and Shane would get the hell out of dodge.

-----------

30 Man Royal Rumble Match
    Including: [The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Test, Tazz, William Regal, The Rock, Chris Jericho, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Kane, Rikishi]

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for the Royal Rumble match! Lilian Garcia would go over the rules one more time before she would get on to announcing the first participants entrance. The fans waited patiently as suddenly the theme music of The Radicalz would hit the arena and the place would erupt in boo’s. Perry Saturn would make his way out from the back with Terri Runnels right by his side.

Entrant #1: Perry Saturn

Saturn entered the ring as he would make sure that Terri stayed with him instead of returning to the back. She would be a huge help possibly. Saturn would wait to find out who was going to be the next entrant to join the rumble, but they seemed to be taking their sweet time. Suddenly, the place would almost go crazy as “Shattered Dreams Productions” would show up on the titantron! Nobody could believe their eyes especially Perry Saturn and Terri Runnels as the one and only Goldust would make his return!

Entrant #2: Goldust

The Goldie chants were running wild as the bizarre one would enter the ring with the rather bizarre in his own right Perry Saturn as Terri Runnels didn’t want anything to do with Goldust at all. The bell was sounded and the Royal Rumble was officially underway! Both of these two competitors were going to have to go one hell of a distance if they were going to win this one. The two started off going back and forth trying to get the other one up and out of the ring but nobody seemed to be able to take advantage. That was until Terri Runnels would grab ahold of Goldust’s leg from ringside to distract him for long enough for Saturn to come and nail him from behind! Saturn had Goldust in the corner trying to get him up on the turnbuckle as the countdown clock would begin for the first time tonight as the crowd started counting down! The buzz was alarmed as the theme music number three would hit!

Entrant #3: Road Dogg

The familiar “Oh, You Didn’t Know?!” would hit the arena as the crowd would cheer loudly! Road Dogg would come running full speed down towards the ring as he would go right after Perry Saturn nailing him from behind. Road Dogg would begin to unleash with a series of punches at Saturn as he was really beginning to feel it as he would hit Saturn with a little big of shake, rattle, and roll! Road Dogg was feeling fired up as he spotted Goldust in the corner. Road Dogg went running full speed ahead before blasting into the corner with a flying crossbody! Road Dogg had taken down everybody in sight but that didn’t matter if he didn’t get them up and out of the ring. Road Dogg would go after Goldust trying to lift him up and out of the ring. Saturn was up to his feet as he looked to help out Road Dogg instead of fighting him. The countdown would start once again as the crowd were a loud indicator as the counted it down. The buzz was sounded, and it was time for number four!

Entrant #4: Faarooq

“Uh oh!” indicated Jim Ross as the theme music of the rough and tough Faarooq would hit the arena! Faarooq looked like a man on a mission as this ring was beginning to feel up with talent! Faarooq would slide in the ring just as Goldust was able to fight off Road Dogg and Perry Saturn. Faarooq would go after the first person in his sight which would unfortunately, for them, be Perry Saturn who would be nailed with a huge shoulder block! Faarooq would continue to go to work on Saturn leaving Goldust and Road Dogg to exchange in a brawl as the two would fight against the ropes trying to get the other one out. Not much real action here as the countdown would start once again as the fifth entrant was ready to make his way out with all four before him still in this match! The crowd would count us down as the theme music would hit the arena!

Entrant #5: Steven Richards

The crowd would pull louder than ever as the ear killing theme music of the Right To Censor would hit the arena. The leader of the group, Steven Richards would make his way running to the ring with pretty much his pick of what to do once he got there. He would look to both groups fighting before deciding that this wasn’t what he was wanting to do. He looked to exit the ring before Faarooq would grab ahold of him pulling him back. Faarooq looked to man handle Richards before Perry Saturn would jump in to help out Richards against Faarooq. This was a very odd pairing between the stuck up and prudish Richards and the pierced and tattooed Saturn but the two would work together to try and eliminate Faarooq. About that time, Goldust would nail Saturn from behind picking him off. Road Dogg was seen laying over in a corner trying to catch his breath as the countdown never stopped! The crowd counted it down as it was time to add a sixth man to this ring!

Entrant #6: Raven

It was time for the Hardcore Champion to enter the mix as Raven would make his way running down the ring looking like he hadn’t stopped running all night. And as the Hardcore Champion, he really might have been one the run all night. We already seen Hardcore and Crash Holly after him tonight. Raven would enter the ring and would go right after the first person he seen which Road Dogg who was as trying to stay out of harms way but wasn’t going to be able to be as lucky. Road Dogg and Raven would fight things out as all six of these men had paired off around the ring as the two men who started off this match in Perry Saturn and Goldust were still in this match fighting each other as Faarooq had finally gotten his hands on Steven Richards. Faarooq would lift up Richards like a ragdoll before tossing him out over the top rope making the first elimination of the night! Faarooq would go to help out Goldust against Perry Saturn as the crowd would count us down to entrant number seven!

Entrant #7: Gangrel

This entrant was a bit of a surprise for the fans who hadn’t seen Gangrel in a WWF ring in awhile. Gangrel looked ready for a fight in this match with a huge opportunity to further his career as we were back to having six men in the match! Gangrel slid right in the ring showing that he wasn’t afraid of who he had to go after as he would attack Faarooq from behind! Faarooq was able to quickly grab ahold of Gangrel and send him flying into the turnbuckle as he went on the attack! The other four guys had switched off opponents as now Perry Saturn found himself going at it with Road Dogg leaving Goldust to fight things out with the Hardcore Champion Raven. The crowd were anticipating whenever bigger names were going to be making an appearance in this match as the countdown would star once again. The crowd counted us down as it was time for entrant number eight as we kept moving through the list!

Entrant #8: X-Pac

The crowd would cheer as the newly fan favorite X-Pac would make his way running down to the ring! X-Pac would take out everything that would move with big kicks to start off this match before he would be nailed with a huge uppercut by his former D-X stablemate Road Dogg. The ring was feeling up with talent as the referees at ringside were really going to have to be on guard for this one. Raven would almost be able to have Gangrel eliminated from the match as suddenly the crowd let out a mixed reaction as Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly would be seen running down the ramp but not before fighting things out between themselves. Hardcore would be able to get the upperhand on his cousin before entering the ring after Raven! Raven was able to fight back against Hardcore but the inclusion of Crash would take all three men out as Raven would be eliminated. Their fight would continue on as the match would as well. Our countdown would continue once again as it was time for entrant number nine!

Entrant #9: Rikishi

The crowd erupted in boo’s as the theme music of Rikishi would hit the arena but this was a man who promised to change the entire shape of this match. Rikishi would make his way into the ring as he would take out Perry Saturn and Gangrel with to big side kicks. Rikishi would be tested by Faarooq who would try to hit Rikishi with a shoulder block but it didn’t even budge Rikishi! Rikishi was going to be a serious threat in this match as he would make that clear as he would begin to clear out the ring! He would make his first elimination as he would clothesline Faarooq out of the ring. Rikishi would then turn his attention to Gangrel and Perry Saturn who were still trying to get back up to their feet. Rikishi would then make them his second and third eliminations as he would toss them out of the ring like rag dolls. And with that, Rikishi had cleared the ring down to four. Rikishi looked to the three in front of him, X-Pac, Road Dogg, and Goldust as he told them to bring it on as the crowd would begin to count us down to entrant number 10!

Entrant #10: Val Venis

It was time to hear more of that god awful Right To Censor theme music as it was time for Val Venis to make his entrance! Val didn’t know what to do once he entered the ring as he looked at the three men teaming against Rikishi. He could join in the efforts or he could join forces with Rikishi! Once in the ring, Val would begin to help out Rikishi. Once Rikishi had knocked everyone to the ground, Val Venis looked to celebrate with the big man. Rikishi would put on a great big smile as he would high five Val. Venis would turn his head and Rikishi’s smile would fade. Rikishi grabbed ahold of Val Venis and would toss him out over the top rope like he was nothing! That was the fourth elimination for Rikishi who was looking like he could be an unstoppable force in this match! Rikishi was standing tall over everybody in the ring as the countdown would start once again as we count down to number eleven!

Entrant #11: Albert

The crowd would begin to boo as the theme music of the big man Albert would hit the arena! Although, this was a great addition to the match for everybody else but Rikishi because now there was finally somebody the size of Rikishi in this match to counter him. The other three men were going to try to use this as a time to catch their breath. Especially, Goldust who has been in this match since the opening bell. Albert would slide in the ring and wasted no time looking to go after Rikishi looking to nail him with a big boot! Rikishi was able to move out of harms way as he would then nail Albert with a kick of his own. X-Pac would get brave as he made the first move as he jumped on the back of Rikishi like a spider monkey! X-Pac wasn’t able to do much damage but he was able to distract Rikishi. Rikishi would be able to toss X-Pac off of him but then would then get nailed by a big boot by Albert! And it was now time for entrant number twelve already as the crowd would count us down!

Entrant #12: Bull Buchanan

The crowd got even louder in boos as the theme music of another Right To Censor member would make their way down to the ring in the form of the big Bull Buchanan! It was now time for a battle between two huge bald guys as Buchanan would enter the ring going right after Albert! Road Dogg, Goldust, and X-Pac, on the other hand, had began to form and alliance as they would try to work together to lift up Rikishi and get him out of this match. It was clearly going to take all three of them to do so as they were all working together and still having trouble. Rikishi would suddenly push all three off them off of him! X-Pac had no quit in him but that would come back to bite him in a big way as he went running back at Rikishi only to be tossed right over the top rope! Rikishi turned around right into a massive double big boot by Bull Buchanan and Albert who had seen the situation. Rikishi went out of the ring but not over the top rope as Goldust looked to try and blindside Bull Buchanan and toss him out of the ring to no prevail. The countdown would start once again as we grew closer to the halfway mark with number thirteen!

Entrant #13: Chris Benoit

The crowd would go wild as the theme music of the WWF Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit would hit the arena! Benoit was one of the smaller men in the match at the moment but he would enter the ring and go right after the biggest two in Buchanan and Albert! Benoit would form a short alliance with Goldust to be able to take down Bull Buchanan! The two would then turn their attention to Albert whenever Chris Benoit would grab ahold of Goldust and toss him out over the top rope! The crowd were in as much shock as Goldust as Benoit would only shrug his shoulders. This match was every man for themselves! We were down to Benoit, Albert, Buchanan, and Road Dogg in the rind with Rikishi still on the outside but still legal. Benoit would turn his attention to Buchanan trying to lift up the big man as the crowd would begin to count us down to entrant number fourteen!

Entrant #14: Test

The crowd would erupt in boo’s as the theme music of Test would hit the arena! Test had been making a major impact here recently going after the likes of The Undertaker and now he was ready to get back in this match. Test would enter the ring and he would waste no time going right after his former tag team partner Albert. Chris Benoit had his hands full trying to eliminate the much bigger man Bull Buchanan until Road Dogg would get back up to his feet to try and help out Benoit. The two looked like they might be able to get Bull out of the ring before Rikishi would make his way back into the ring as he would come running from behind and would just crash into everybody in front of him taking out Benoit, Road Dogg, and Bull Buchanan in the process. Rikishi was pissed off now as he would then turn his attention across the ring as he would run and crash into Test and Albert as well! Rikishi was standing strong and unstoppable in the ring over everybody as the countdown would begin as the crowd would count us down to entrant fifteen as we are now halfway through.

Entrant #15: Rhyno

The crowd would erupt in cheers as Paul Heyman sounded like he was going to have a heart attack on commentary! It was the one and only man beast, it was the ECW legend Rhyno and he was here! The crowd were going wild with “Holy Shit!” chants as Rhyno came running down to the ring to stare down Rikishi! The fans were going wild as Rikishi and Rhyno would collide going blow for blow! The Man Beast looked to get the upper hand as Rhyno would run against the ropes to gain some momentum before he would drill Rikishi with the mighty gore! The crowd were going wild as Rhyno was looking impressive as Test would get up to his feet looking to come at Rhyno but he would get the same thing that Rikishi got as he nailed Test with a Gore as well! Bull Buchanan came running at Rhyno but would get nailed with the gore by Rhyno who was looking impressive. Rhyno would pound on his chest as suddenly the countdown would begin again as the fans counted us down to entrant sixteen.

Entrant #16: Tazz

The fans would erupt in cheers once again as Paul Heyman was over there just having him a good old time at this point. It was an ECW moment in the WWF as Tazz would make his way in the ring to approach Rhyno! The two would get face to face as the crowd were showing their appreciation with “Holy Shit!” chants. Tazz and Rhyno would come to blows as they crowd were loving every second of it. Although, it wouldn’t be able to go on for long before Rikishi and Albert were back up to their feet to ruin the fans and Paul Heyman’s moment. On the other side of the ring almost out of view, Test would be able to finally eliminate Road Dogg out of the match after a decent run throughout. Bull Buchanan would come running after Test and would get tossed out of the ring as well! Test was looking like an absolute monster in this match as he would then turn his attention back to his former tag partner Albert but this time, they wouldn’t decide to fight things out but instead they would begin to work together against Tazz. The countdown was back once more as we approached entrant number seventeen.

Entrant #17: Edge

There was a loud mixed reaction as one half of the tag team champions, Edge would make his way to the ring ready to go! He had the tag titles but it would totally reek of awesomeness to be able to Main Event Wrestlemania and be the WWF Champion. Edge would enter the ring and would pick off Tazz away from Albert and Test who weren’t able to keep their alliance going for even a matter of moments for former partners. Edge would look to try to use damage done by Test and Albert to his own advantage trying to eliminate Tazz but that was no easy job. Tazz would fight his way back against Edge as the match continued. In one corner, Test and Albert were going at it as Chris Benoit was still down on the mat. Benoit had been down ever since Rikishi had ran into him and about squashed him like a bug. The action would continue all around as everyone tried to get the other out but nobody was able to get the job done as the countdown to number eighteen would begin.

Entrant #18: The Rock

The crowd would about blow the roof off of the place as the iconic “If You Smell” would hit the arena and out came The Rock! The Rock was a man on a mission as he came running down to the ring ready to take out whatever came his way! The Rock was mainly after one man and that man was Rikishi! The Rock would finally be able to get his hands on Rikishi and would unleash with a series of right hands laying into him! About the same time, Test had been able to get the upperhand of his former tag team partner Albert and would nail him with a huge big boot and eliminating him from the rumble match! Test would then turn his attention to The Great One as he attacked him from behind. Test and Rikishi would then look to try to form an alliance to take out The Rock. The other four had paired off as Chris Benoit was fighting for his life from Edge as the two ECW guys Tazz and Rhyno were fighting once more as now we were counting to number nineteen!

Entrant #19: Eddie Guerrero

The theme music of a Radical would hit and the crowd would already boo not carrying which of the two left it was. They would only get louder whenever they would see that it was Eddie Guerrero making his way out! This would fire up the Rapid Wolverine as Benoit would suplex Edge before waiting for Guerrero to get in the ring. Guerrero would pause before entering the ring as Benoit looked to go after Guerrero wanting to fight so bad. Although, Edge would hit Benoit from behind as he got back up to his feet. Guerrero then decided it was time to enter the ring as he would enter the ring only to be nailed by a gore! In a surprise turn of events, Rhyno and Tazz would come to the rescue of Benoit! Tazz went after Edge as Rhyno would look to take out Eddie Guerrero. Chris Benoit was back up to his feet asking to get his hands on Eddie Guerrero as he looked to be in big trouble! Benoit and Rhyno had Guerrero cornered as we began to count down to number twenty!

Entrant #20: William Regal

The crowd would erupt in boo’s as the European Champion was out next who had already picked up a huge win earlier tonight and would love nothing more than to be able to pick up another win in this match. Regal would enter the ring as he would go right after Chris Benoit helping out Eddie Guerrero who was in dire need of it. In the other fights, The Rock had fought his way back against Test and Rikishi with the help of Tazz after he had failed to eliminate Edge who was holding onto the ropes for dear life. Tazz would square off with Rikishi in an epic brawl as The Rock and Test continued to go back and forth fighting for control! Things began to escalate between Rikishi and Tazz as Rikishi was able to side kick Tazz before Test came out of nowhere grabbing Tazz and tossing him out of the rumble match! The crowd erupted in boos as Test and Rikishi began to go after The Rock again. Around the ring, Chris Benoit and William Regal fought for position, Eddie Guerrero was struggling to stay in against Rhyno, and Edge was just hanging on as we awaited entrant number twenty-one.

Entrant #21: Bradshaw

This could be a big game changer as out came the big Texan, Bradshaw! Bradshaw was always looking ready for a fight as he would enter the ring coming to the rescue of The Rock as he would go after Test. There were now eight men in the ring as the ring was getting filled up with superstars! For the majority of the next minute or so, things wouldn’t escalate much as these eight men would just try to get the others out to no prevail. We would get closer to entrant number twenty-two as the crowd chanted us down.

Entrant #22: The Big Show

The roof would about blow off of this place as it was none other than the return Big Show who was making his way out next! This wasn’t expected in the slightest and this was going to be a huge game changer! The Big Show would make his way into the ring and would make a huge impact in a quick way as he would eliminate Edge in a matter of seconds. Up next, Rhyno would step up to The Big Show as the crowd would erupt in cheers for this awesome stare down! Rhyno and The Big Show would go at it blow for blow as Rhyno looked like he was going to be able to the upper hand on The Big Show of all people. Rhyno looked to hit the Gore on Big Show but Big Show would be able to nail Rhyno with a nasty right hand knocking him right out! The Big Show would lift up Rhyno and would be able to lift him up and over the top rope! And in just a matter of moments, Big Show had cleared the ring to seven men. The Big Show would look to further make a impact as he grabbed ahold of William Regal and tossed him over the top rope like he was nothing! Big Show eyed the fights around him as The Rock and Rikishi, Bradshaw and Test, and Guerrero and Benoit all still battle. Then, the countdown to twenty-three would begin. The Big Show would turn to the titantron to see who would be next

Entrant #23: Kane

There was a loud but mixed reaction come from the fans as out came the Big Red Machine! Kane was a man on a mission as The Big Show stood his ground ready for a fight! The fans were going wild as Kane and Big Show would have a stare down before the two would come to blows! It was like a battle of the titans as Kane and The Big Show came to blows! Rikishi was able to take down The Rock but wasn’t able to eliminate him as he seen that Kane had made it into the ring. Rikishi looked to make and alliance with his tag partner as it looked like they were still on the same page even after Kane hit Triple H with a steel chair. Rikishi and Kane would double team The Big Show as Test would make a huge elimination taking out Bradshaw! Test would turn his attention to trying to eliminate The Rock was Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were both down in the corner. The crowd would count us down to entrant number twenty-four!

Entrant #24: Dean Malenko

The crowd would erupt in boos as Eddie Guerrero would get a major assistance as the last member of The Radicalz would finally make his way into this match. Malenko would go right after Chris Benoit as he would help his partner to his feet. Dean and Eddie looked to try and double team Chris Benoit who refused to go down without a fight. In another fight in the ring, Rikishi and Kane had been able to double team The Big Show as the two would work together to get Big Show up against the ropes as Test would coming in with the huge big boot to eliminate him from the match! About that time, Kane would spin around Rikishi nailing him with a huge uppercut as the crowd erupted in cheers! Kane would make his intentions clear as he would go to town on Rikishi before taking him off of his feet with a huge big boot! Kane would then look to try and lift up the heavy Rikishi up and out of this match as it was time for us to introduce another superstar as we counted down to number twenty-five!

Entrant #25: Christian

The crowd would continue booing as the other half of the tag team champions, Christian would finally make his way out to the ring for his chance in the match. Christian would look to help out Test going against The Rock but Test didn’t like Christian’s help. After using him to hold up The Rock, Test would hit him with a big boot instead! Christian wasn't able to last long in this match as Test would grab ahold of Christian and go ahead and send him flying out of the ring! Test would turn around right into a huge spinebuster from The Rock as Test would roll under the ropes for his own safety. The Rock would then turn his attention to Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko as Chris Benoit would join in with the Rock! In Kane’s fight against Rikishi, Kane failed to eliminate Rikishi and now it was Rikishi having trouble to eliminate Kane as we started counting down to number twenty-six as we were in the final five.

Entrant #26: Chris Jericho

The crowd would erupt in cheers as it was time for Y2J to make his way into the Rumble! Jericho was fired up looking to make his way to Wrestlemania! Jericho would slide in the ring coming right after Eddie Guerrero to help out The Rock who he had been better friends with as of late. The two were able to take down Guerrero before Dean Malenko was there to stop the two from eliminating Guerrero from the match and in the process he would sacrifice himself as The Rock and Chris Jericho would work together to eliminate Dean Malenko! The two would then turn their attention next to Rikishi and Kane who had been causing them trouble for the past month. The Rock and Chris Jericho would work together as they were able to eliminate Rikishi from the match! The Rock and Jericho were looking to be on fire as the countdown to entrant number twenty-seven would begin.

Entrant #27: The Goodfather

It was time for the last member of the Right To Censor, The Goodfather to make his way out to the Rumble as he would go right after the combination of The Rock and Chris Jericho showing that he wasn’t afraid. Although, that would come back to bite him as the two were able to work together to eliminate The Goodfather in just a matter of seconds! These two looked to be unstoppable until Kane would get back to his feet picking off Jericho with an uppercut before going after The Rock! In the corner of the ring, Eddie Guerrero was in trouble as Chris Benoit had about been able to eliminate him but Dean Malenko was still out there to help try and stop Benoit from eliminating his stablemate. Although, Test was back up to his feet as he would come up from behind Chris Benoit as he would toss Benoit over the top rope sending Guerrero out of the ring as well as Test would get a huge double elimination! Test looked like he was on the top of the world as he would celebrate like he had won as The Rock and Kane battled it out and Jericho fought to his feet. The crowd would begin to count us down to entrant number twenty-eight! Outside of the ring, The Radicalz would beat down Chris Benoit until the security forced them to the back.

Entrant #28: The Undertaker

Test’s smile was gone as the crowd would erupt in cheers at the sound of The Undertaker’s theme music. The Undertaker came flying down towards the ring without his bike as he slid in the ring going right after Test! The crowd were going wild as The Undertaker would unleash hell against Test! On the other side of the ring, The Undertaker’s brother Kane had The Rock up on the turnbuckle looking like he was in trouble as Chris Jericho would come from behind to hit Kane and save The Rock! This alliance couldn’t last forever but it was certainly going to be used while they could. The Undertaker looked to get the upperhand on Test as he tried to get away from Undertaker. Test had now been the longest participant in the match after the elimination of Chris Benoit and looked to get out of the ring away from The Undertaker but The Undertaker was right on his tail! The two went out of the match but not over the top rope as they looked like they were having their own street fight. Inside of the ring, Kane refused to give up taking it to The Rock and Jericho. Kane would be able to hit Jericho with a chokeslam before looking to take him out of the match but The Rock was there to make the save. The crowd would begin to count down as it was time for entrant number twenty-nine!

Entrant #29: Stone Cold

The crowd would go wild as the theme music of Stone Cold would hit the arena! Austin looked to be fired up as he would go right after Test and The Undertaker not caring who he fought knowing that he had to get these two in the ring if they were going to be eliminated. Stone Cold would then go in the ring right after them as he would then target one of his oldest rivals in The Rock! The crowd were loving this as the two would exchange blows! There were six men in the ring right now and they were six huge names in Test, The Undertaker, Kane, Chris Jericho, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin! Any of those names could walk out as the winner and there was still one more entrant to come out! The Undertaker and Test squared off in one corner, The Rock and Austin in another and Chris Jericho was struggling to survive against Kane in another corner. Then, the crowd would begin to count us down for the last time in this match as it was time for the last and number thirty entrant of the Royal Rumble! With all of the talent we had already seen in this match, it was almost impossible to guess who it would be!

Entrant #30: Steve Blackman

The crowd were a bit quiet on the introduction of entrant number thirty Steve Blackman. Although, Steve Blackman would never show up leaving the crowd to be very confused but the superstars in the match would continue to the ring. The Undertaker would make a huge elimination as he would take out Test from the match and making a huge message to his rival! The Undertaker turned his back on Test to go after somebody else in the match but that was his first mistake. Test would knock away a referee before sliding back in the ring and running to hit The Undertaker from behind with a huge big boot! The crowd would erupt in boos as Test would be a sore loser as he would beat down The Undertaker and eliminate him from the rumble after he had already been eliminated. Jim Ross would announce that Test had set an rumble record eliminating ten men during the match. It was now down to The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jericho and Kane with one of these men going to Wrestlemania! Although, outside of the ring, Test wasn't done with The Undertaker even fighting security. Inside of the ring, the fight outside the ring allowed the competitors to rest inside the ring as Test would nail The Undertaker with another huge big boot! Suddenly, the crowd and the competitors were caught by surprise as the ten count would start once again. The crowd would count down but do it very confused.

Entrant #30: Diamond Dallas Page

The crowd was in complete shock as they were on their feet chanting holy shit. It was like time had frozen still as all of the competitors in the ring would quit fighting to look up at the ramp as Diamond Dallas Page would come walking out onto the stage. While everybody was distracted in the ring, Chris Jericho would suddenly run up behind Stone Cold reminding everybody in the match that this was still a match as he would toss Stone Cold right out over the top rope! The crowd would let out a loud "Ohh!" as Stone Cold would stare at Chris Jericho who just shrugged his shoulders. Austin didn't even pay any attention as DDP would make his way right past him and into the ring. DDP and The Rock looked to get into each others face as Kane would step in between the two getting in DDP's face before looking to chokeslam both of them! Suddenly, The Rock and DDP were forced to work together as they would go after Kane and would work together to actually eliminate The Big Red Machine from the Rumble and now we were down to three! The Rock, Chris Jericho, and Diamond Dallas Page would pace around the ring as suddenly The Rock and Chris Jericho would nod at each other before going after DDP as the crowd erupted in cheers! It was the WWF literally beating the shit out of WCW and they loved it! Jericho and The Rock would look to eliminate DDP as suddenly, Stone Cold Stunner! Austin grabbed ahold of Jericho and tossed him over the top rope as the crowd looked on in shock! Austin would continue to beat the hell out of Jericho and cussing him the entire time as security had to come and escort Austin out. The referee would call for help as the other paid attention to the match as The Rock and Diamond Dallas Page would stare each other down in the middle of a WWF ring! The fans were in awe as DDP and The Rock would try to out pose each other before the first blow was thrown! The two would go back and forth with it looking like it could have went either way. But suddenly, as both men were down, the fans would pop as the now former WWF Champion Kurt Angle came running down the ramp looking pissed off. Angle would wait until DDP was up to his feet before nailing him with the Angle Slam! Kurt Angle had snapped clearly believing DDP was the person who costed him the WWF Championship. Kurt would lock in the ankle lock on DDP looking to snap his ankle as referees tried to stop him until Shane McMahon came running out causing Angle to chase him to the back! After Angle's attack, DDP was easy picking as The Rock would toss him out of the ring!

Winner: The Rock

The Rock would begin to try to celebrate his victory after one of the most insane rumbles of all time but things would get even crazier as Triple H would slide in the ring behind The Rock! Triple H would wait until The Rock turned around before nailing him with the Pedigree! Triple H would pose over The Rock holding up his newly won WWF Championship as he was joined at his side by his wife Stephanie McMahon. Triple H stood tall over The Rock to finish the Royal Rumble, but would this be the same scene to close Wrestlemania 17.
    Last edited by The Grange; 05-28-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

ROYAL RUMBLE 2001 STATISTICS
    Order of Entry:

1. Perry Saturn
    2. Goldust (Surprise Return)
    3. Road Dogg
    4. Faarooq
    5. Steven Richards
    6. Raven
    7. Gangrel
    8. X-Pac
    9. Rikishi
    10. Val Venis
    11. Albert
    12. Bull Buchanan
    13. Chris Benoit
    14. Test
    15. Rhyno (Surprise Debut)
    16. Tazz
    17. Edge
    18. The Rock
    19. Eddie Guerrero
    20. William Regal
    21. Bradshaw
    22. The Big Show (Surprise Return)
    23. Kane
    24. Dean Malenko
    25. Christian
    26. Chris Jericho
    27. The Goodfather
    28. The Undertaker
    29. Stone Cold
    30. Diamond Dallas Page (Surprise Debut)

Order of Elimination:
    1. Steven Richards eliminated by Faarooq
    2. Raven eliminated by Hardcore and Crash Holly
    3. Faarooq eliminated by Rikishi
    4. Perry Saturn eliminated by Rikishi
    5. Gangrel eliminated by Rikishi
    6. Val Venis eliminated by Rikishi
    7. X-Pac eliminated by Rikishi
    8. Goldust eliminated by Chris Benoit
    9. Road Dogg eliminated by Test
    10. Bull Buchanan eliminated by Test
    11. Albert eliminated by Test
    12. Tazz eliminated by Test
    13. Edge eliminated by The Big Show
    14. Rhyno eliminated by The Big Show
    15. William Regal eliminated by The Big Show
    16. Bradshaw eliminated by Test
    17. The Big Show eliminated by Test
    18. Christian eliminated by Test
    19. Dean Malenko eliminated by The Rock and Chris Jericho
    20. Rikishi eliminated by The Rock and Chris Jericho
    21. The Goodfather eliminated by The Rock and Chris Jericho
    22. Chris Benoit eliminated by Test
    23. Eddie Guerrero eliminated by Test
    24. Test eliminated by The Undertaker
    25. The Undertaker eliminated by Test
    26. Stone Cold eliminated by Chris Jericho
    27. Kane eliminated by The Rock and DDP
    28. Chris Jericho eliminated by Stone Cold
    29. Diamond Dallas Page eliminated by The Rock

Final Four: The Rock, DDP, Kane, & Chris Jericho
    Longest Time In Rumble: Rikishi
    Shortest Time In Rumble: The Goodfather
    Most Eliminations: Test
    Last edited by The Grange; 05-28-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

NEWS AFTER THE ROYAL RUMBLE

- It has been confirmed that both Goldust and Rhyno have indeed signed contracts with the WWF and will be working full time moving forward.

- The return of The Big Show was a moment that has been in the works for weeks and is expected to be isolated in a "big" way.

- In the biggest news post-RR, it is confirmed that Diamond Dallas Page has not been contacted for a WWF contract and was included in the Royal Rumble as a ploy by Shane McMahon who would make the call to replace Steve Blackman last minute.

- In Shane McMahon news, many news sites have been picking up on the story of Shane McMahon purchasing WCW out from underneath his father. After the announcement, Monday morning, Ted Turner would even confirm the sell himself. With Raw tonight, one has to wonder how Vince McMahon will have to say and how this will affect his own company moving forward as Shane has not confirmed the future of the WCW company.

Status

Since I'm a big fan of 2001 and was looking at doing one myself, I decided to give yours a read and I'm glad to see you're taking your own spin on the time period. I am a bit confused on the time table of events leading into your project.

Are you saying that WCW was purchased sometime in January opposed to March 23-26?

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    Since I'm a big fan of 2001 and was looking at doing one myself, I decided to give yours a read and I'm glad to see you're taking your own spin on the time period. I am a bit confused on the time table of events leading into your project.

Are you saying that WCW was purchased sometime in January opposed to March 23-26?
    Yeah, it is in theory being announced as purchased at the Royal Rumble PPV. But stay tuned things will be explained further without spoilers (;
    Last edited by The Grange; 05-29-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Hail To The King

Status

DDP wooooooooooooooooooooo

What a show loved holly bits.

This def a way to kick off invasion with a bang

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

January 22nd, 2001

It was time for Monday Night Raw the night after the Royal Rumble! The pyro went off and the crowd was already going wild. Jim Ross and Paul Heyman would go over the events that happened last night talking about the new WWF Champion Triple H, the Royal Rumble winner The Rock, and of course, the surprise announcement by Shane McMahon and Diamond Dallas Page. They were talking about the groundbreaking news that has been all over the place today and he for one wanted to know more. The theme music of the former WWF Champion Kurt Angle hit the arena to start us off tonight as the crowd went wild in cheers. Angle looked pissed off and had a very good reason for it. He was cost the WWF Championship and now he was after revenge as he grabbed a microphone. Angle said that he knew exactly who attacked him at the rumble and costed him his championship. Which about the title, he will be receiving a rematch at No Way Out for the title. And for the attacker… He would then call out Diamond Dallas Page as the crowd had a loud mixed reaction at the name. Angle turned to look at the titantron waiting for DDP but instead he would get Shane McMahon. Shane would make his way out to the ring claiming that DDP didn’t cost Angle his belt but Kurt got involved in business he should have stayed out of. Kurt would get into Shane’s face as Shane would threaten Kurt reminding him he still had power in the WWF as well. Shane would make a match as he said that tonight in the main event, Kurt will team up with The Undertaker to face the team of his brother in law and the WWF Champion Triple H and Test. About that time, Mr. McMahon’s theme music hit the arena. Vince came after his son to question his attentions as Shane would make his intentions very clear. He wanted to do the same thing he did to his father and take over. He was going to do what Vince could never do and own the WWF and the WCW and he was already closer than Vince ever was.

-----------

Non-Title Match
    William Regal © versus Goldust

It was time to get the nights action underway as we had a non-title match to get us started. William Regal looked to continue his momentum recently but had a huge opponent in front of him tonight as he would face off against Goldust who made his return at the Royal Rumble. The bell was sounded as Regal and Goldust would lock things up and battle for position to start us off. The crowd were loudly behind Goldust who knew a win here would be great to get him on a roll. Although, that was certainly going to be a much harder job said than done. Regal was a brawler and technical wrestler but was also not afraid to use any underhanded tactic to get the job done. Both of these competitors would go back and forth as Goldust would try to feed off of the crowd to win this match. Goldust was looking very impressive in his first single match back but leave it to Regal to find a way to low blow Goldust whenever the referee wasn’t paying attention! The crowd erupted in boos as Regal seemed like he had the match right where he wanted it. Regal would lock in the Regal Stretch in on Goldust but Goldust was eventually able to fight to make it to the ropes to break the hold! Goldust had too much heart to give up but Regal may be more than he could take! Both men were down for the moment before William Regal would push up to his feet. The crowd were booing as Regal signaled for the win. Suddenly, the crowd would suddenly erupt in cheers! Regal didn’t have enough time to know what was happening as he would turn around to be tackled to the ground by none other than “The One” Billy Gunn! The crowd were going wild as the referee had no other but call for the bell!

Winner: William Regal

The bell would be sounded as the referee would try to get Billy Gunn off of Regal. The referee would call for help to be able to pull off Billy as William Regal would quickly get out of harm’s way as the referees would hold back Billy. Billy Gunn was back and he still had his eyes on Regal’s title.

-----------

We were back on Raw as “If you smell” would hit the arena and the crowd would erupt in cheers. The Rock was destined to a Main Event at Wrestlemania 17 but he still didn’t look to be in a good mood after he was attacked after he won by Triple H. The Rock would welcome himself back to the arena before targeting Triple H calling him a “cowardly jabronni piece of shit” and promised to check his ass into the Smackdown hotel and beat his ass from rope to rope, to barricade to barricade. The Rock would say that there was no reason to even wait until Wrestlemania to have a championship match. He said that Triple H could come out to the ring now and get his ass beat. The crowd would be shocked as the theme music of Triple H would hit the arena! Although, Triple H didn’t come out but Stephanie McMahon did instead as the crowd erupted in boos. Stephanie would say that The Rock still needed to be taught a lesson in respect as she would tell The Rock to not go anywhere because he was about to run the gauntlet.

-----------

Gauntlet Match
    The Rock versus (Gangrel, Big Boss Man, and Albert)

The Rock looked like he was in for a fight now as we were live back on Raw. The Rock was ready to run the gauntlet as Gangrel would be the first one to make his way out to go against The Great One. Gangrel would put up a fight as the bell was sounded but The Rock was on a mission to take out the first guy quickly. After just a matter of minutes, The Rock was able to hit The Rock Bottom on Gangrel before making the first pin! Gangrel was eliminated as coming out next was none other than the Big Boss Man! The Rock was ready for Boss Man to get to the ring as The Rock would go after Boss Man with a series of right hands! The Rock was feeding off of the crowds momentum as it looked like The Rock was going to be able to the same thing that he did to Gangrel to Big Boss Man. Although, Big Boss Man was no walk in the park and would put up a much larger fight than Gangrel. In the end, it still looked like The Rock was going to be able to get the upper hand. The Rock was waiting for Boss Man to get to his feet but Boss Man would grab ahold of his nightstick. Boss Man would crack The Rock with the weapon as the referee would call for the bell! Boss Man was disqualified but that didn’t stop his attack as the next man in the gauntlet, Albert, would make his way out to the ring. The Rock looked to be easy pickings for Albert after the brutal attack by Boss Man who would finally leave the ring to allow Albert to finish him off. But The Rock refused to go down without a fight but was almost totally out of it at being hit by that nightstick. The Rock and Albert went back and forth but Albert was able to hit the Albert Bomb to get the three count on The Great One!

Winner: Albert

The Rock had been picked apart by three men before Triple H would finally show his face for the first time tonight. The Game walked out onto the stage with his championship over his shoulder. The Rock was in pain as he looked up at Triple H who would taunt him as we cut to a commercial.

-----------

Cameras would cut to backstage where we would see the WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian with all of their gear looking to leave the building. Jonathon Coachman was backstage as he went running after the two to try and get a word with them before they left as they would stop. Coachman would ask where the two were going as they said that they weren’t booked to have a match tonight, so they were going to catch a movie or do anything more entertaining than having to sit through this show knowing that they were going to have to watch The Hardys and The Dudleys tonight. They would both act disgusted as they would mock the tag team division by saying that they were going to need some better entertainment. The two would just shake their heads as they told Coachman to excuse them as they would exit the arena.

-----------

WWF Hardcore Championship Triple Threat Match
    Raven © versus Crash Holly versus Hardcore Holly

This match started at the Royal Rumble last night but now it was an official match with an actual winner to be crowned. Raven had his hands full defending his championship against both of the Holly cousins but he was also looking for revenge on them for causing him to be eliminated from the rumble match they weren’t even included in in the first place. The bell was sounded and the action would start in a big way as Hardcore and Crash would do the smart thing to start off the match by working together to go after Raven. Raven would go out of the ring to find himself a weapon to defend himself as he grabbed a kendo stick. Raven would put up a fight against both of the Hollys with the kendo stick doing a ton of damage but Hardcore and Crash where able to finally grab the kendo stick and things would turn for Raven. Hardcore would begin to beat down on Raven with the kendo stick before he would turn and nail Crash with the kendo stick! He would quickly go for the pin on Raven who was able to kick out at two. He would then try to make the pin on Crash but he was able to kick out as well. Although, Hardcore would grab the kendo stick to use it to his advantage. Hardcore looked like he was in a great position to actually walk away with the Hardcore championship at this point. But as the match went on, Hardcore would make one missed shot which would turn the momentum. All three men were fighting like their lives were on the line in this match as they were hitting each other with whatever they could find. In the end, Crash Holly would look to hit Raven with a chair shot but would nail Hardcore instead! Raven would kick Crash in the mid-section to get him to drop the chair before following up to the Raven Effect DDT right onto the chair! Raven would make the pin to retain his championship.

Winner: Raven

-----------

Cameras would cut to backstage where we would see The Hardy Boyz backstage talking to some friends backstage including D’Lo Brown and Al Snow would would suddenly look up and excuse themselves. Matt and Jeff would turn around to see why they left to see Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley. There was a mixed reaction from the crowd as they seen The Dudleys. That would soon turn to a full on cheer as The Dudleyz would once again extend there hands as they would call a truce between the two teams. Well, besides whenever it came to a match. They would work together tonight whenever they would go up against all four members of the Right To Censor. Both teams agreed they could agree on that much and wanted to take out the Right To Censor then they will go after Edge and Christian. Then when it is down to them for the titles, may the best team win, again The Dudleys added.

-----------

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    The Hardy Boyz (Jeff and Matt Hardy w/ Lita) and The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) versus The Right To Censor (Steven Richards, Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather, and Val Venis w/ Ivory © and Tori)

This match was full of talent in the ring and then at ringside there was even more talent in Lita, Ivory, and Tori at ringside. There were eleven superstars all together to the one referee who clearly was going to have his work cut out for him trying to call this match. Bubba Ray Dudley would start things off for his side against Bull Buchanan for the Right To Censor. The bell was sounded as Bubba Ray would go right after Buchanan looking to attack with a series of right hands and were were off in this match! Bull and Bubba would go back and forth before they would be forced to tag out as Bubba Ray would make the interesting tag to the eager Jeff Hardy who would get in the ring with Val Venis as Steven Richards looked to stay out of this match at every mean possible as he would actually join Ivory and Tori at ringside. Hardy and Venis would collide as the crowd were fully behind The Hardyz and The Dudleyz here tonight. For two teams that were beating the hell out of each out twenty-four hours ago, the two teams worked well together on the same page. Both sides would go back and forth as Bubba Ray and D-Von would finally go after Steven Richards. They were finally able to get Richards into the ring as things would begin to get out of control. Outside the ring, Ivory and Tori had targeted Lita but thankfully, Chyna came running out to make the safe running Ivory and Tori away. Inside the ring, The Hardys and Dudleyz would clear the ring before finally getting to Steven Richards to hit the 3D before the Swanton from Jeff Hardy for the three count!

Winners: The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz

-----------

We were back live on Raw as the theme music of Stone Cold would hit the arena! There was a loud but mixed reaction from the crowd after Austin’s actions at the Royal Rumble whenever he attacked Chris Jericho and eliminated him from the rumble. Austin would grab a microphone as he would say that he didn’t have anything to say for himself. He said that Chris Jericho had what he got coming to him. He was nothing, but a loud mouth and he was just teaching him a lesson. He said that he was sick and tired of walking around letting these loud mouths keep walking around acting like they are going to do something. All that he did was prove that Chris Jericho was all talk and he would do it to anybody else in this company. The crowd were really booing Austin at this point whenever the theme music of The Big Show hit the arena! The crowd went wild as The Big Show made his way down to the ring to tell Austin for a guy talking about a big mouth, he was really running his own. The two would go back and forth on the microphone before Big Show challenged Austin to a match which Austin would accept not acting afraid of The Big Show.

-----------

Singles Match
    “Stone Cold” Steve Austin versus The Big Show

The crowd couldn’t help but be excited for this match as The Big Show was the perfect person to shut up Austin who seemed to turned full on heel. The bell was sounded as Big Show went right after Austin who would duck under the rope telling the referee to back up Show. Big Show would back up as Austin would charge after him trying to get the upper hand off of the distraction. Austin unloaded with a series of punches as the crowd erupted in boos. Austin was backing up The Big Show for the moment before Big Show would get to a certain stage of anger before unleashing and tossing Austin across the ring! The Big Show’s face was red and full of anger as the crowd would erupt in cheers as Big Show was getting fired up. He would make is way right back after Austin but he was ready for a fight! The two would go right back to exchange punches as the crowd were just eating this right up. They were some still loyal to Austin but most the crowd were cheering on The Big Show as the match would continue with both superstar being able to get in some offensive but weren’t able to get the job done and get the three count. The match would slow down in the middle and would only gradually slow more as they both would run out of stamina. Both guys wanted to pick up the win but only one would be able to get the job done in the end. It looked like things were coming to an end after a huge Big Boot from The Big Show! He would wait for Austin to make it to his feet before looking to finish him with a chokeslam! Although, Stone Cold was expecting Big Show to try and use the chokeslam as he would kick Show in the mid-section before nailing him with the Stone Cold Stunner! The crowd erupted in boos as Austin would make the cover to get the three count and the victory.

Winner: “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

Stone Cold didn’t even have time to celebrate before the crowd would suddenly erupt in cheers! Chris Jericho would be seen jumping over the barricade with a steel chair in his hand! Jericho slid in the ring as Austin looked to fight but was easy pickings for the chair shot by Jericho! The crowd were going wild as Jericho was going off like a mad man. Jericho would lock in the Walls of Jericho on Austin as the referees ran to the ring to pull Jericho off.

-----------

Backstage, the Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit was standing backstage with his good friend Tazz whenever The Radicalz would come walking up to loud boo’s from the crowd. Eddie would get right in the face of Benoit looking serious. Suddenly, Eddie would begin to grin as he would tell Chris that his time was running out. He said that at No Way Out, he will be defeating Chris for the Intercontinental Championship making an official date for the championship match. Eddie would then mock Chris and Tazz as he asked who they were going to have try to come join them tonight for the match. He said that they had to be running out of people that would be interested in teaming with them. Benoit would only have a smirk come across his face as he would say that his allies were actually only getting a lot stronger and he had the perfect partner for tonight. Rhyno, who made his debut at the rumble, would make his way to join Tazz and Benoit as the crowd would cheer loudly. Benoit chuckled as he said see you in the ring.

-----------

Six-Man Tag Team Match
    Chris Benoit ©, Rhyno, and Tazz versus The Radicalz (Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, and Perry Saturn w/ Terri Runnels)

The star packed action would only continue tonight as The Radicalz had a familiar but a new challenge in front of them as they face Chris Benoit and Tazz once again but now they had a huge ally in the form of Rhyno! This match would look to get under way as Rhyno would start things off for his team as the three Radicalz couldn’t seem to decide who was going to start off the match against him. It was finally decided that Perry Saturn was going to be the sacrifice, ehh pick to start it off. The bell was sounded and Rhyno would come right out of the gate drilling Perry Saturn with a devastating gore about ripping him apart! This match could have already been over but Terri Runnels was there to pull Perry to the ropes. Saturn would then tag out to Eddie Guerrero who really didn’t want to get in this match with the Man Beast but the would lock things up! The match would really get underway here as Rhyno would dominate with his power but Eddie would find one spot to poke the eyes before tagging Dean Malenko to double team Rhyno taking him down. Rhyno would make the tag out to the Intercontinental Champion as the match would continue on. All six of these competitors were all looking for the win and were giving all of themselves in this match. Although in the end, only one of these teams were going to be able to come up with the win. The way things were going it looked like it was going to come down to if The Radicalz were going to be able to steal the win. Things would breakdown in the end as Guerrero and Benoit would brawl things out. Perry Saturn looked to help his partner but Tazz was there to help his. In the ring, Dean Malenko was all alone and was in trouble as he staggered to his feet only to be nailed with a massive gore by Rhyno to finish this match off.

Winners: Chris Benoit, Rhyno, and Tazz

The match was over and Rhyno was celebrating his victory but he was the only member of his team celebrating for the moment. Tazz and Saturn were going at it up the ramp with Terri Runnels jumping on Tazz's back. Guerrero and Benoit were already out of sight at this point. Rhyno would only shrug as he continued his celebration.

-----------

We were back live on Raw as the theme music of Rikishi would hit the arena and the crowd would instantly begin to boo. Rikishi would make his way out towards the ring looking in a very bad mood. He would go to grab a microphone before entering the ring and getting straight to his point. He would bring up the events that happened at the royal rumble whenever Kane decided that he was going to stab him in the back and turn on him. He said that he wasn’t out here to bitch and complain. He was out here to kick some ass. He would tell Kane to get his ass down to the ring and fight or he was going to come back there and find him. Kane was never the one to back down from a challenge as the flames would hit and the crowd erupted in cheers! The Big Red Machine made his way down to the ring as a referee would come running out as it looked like this was going to be an official match.

-----------

Singles Match
    Rikishi versus Kane

It was a total clash of the titan right here as these two former partners had quickly turned into bitter rivals. They didn’t even wait for the bell before the brawl would get underway. Rikishi would throw the first punch backing Kane into the corner before Kane would fire back with a massive uppercut of his own! The crowd were really showing their support for a good old-fashioned brawl as the referee was already trying to get some order in this match and we were only just getting started! The referee was soon going to learn that nobody was going to listen to him as the two would both take turns beating the living hell out of each other and pushing the referee out of the way the entire time. The referee was being very lenient with the rules in the match but he was about to get fed up and just call this match off if they wouldn’t start to listen to what he had to say. Things would get even worse as Rikishi would throw all of his weight at Kane sending both men flying out of the ring over the top rope! This was clearly more than a match and these two guys really just didn’t like each other at this point. The referee would rush out of the ring threatening to count them both out. He would start his count trying to get the guys back in the ring but they weren’t listening. He didn’t even reach the ten count before he decided that he needed to call this now and get some help quickly. He called for the bell officially ending the match before calling for some help.

Winner: No Contest

A group of referees would come running out to help out but the learned very quickly they weren't going to be able to do this by themselves as Kane and Rikishi just tore through them. The remaining officials called for more help as the superstars would come running out to break things up including big guys like the members of the A.P.A and Albert among the others. They would finally be able to split the guys up as Raw went to a commercial break.

-----------

Cameras would cut to backstage to where Stephanie McMahon was seen backstage talking to Test as the crowd would erupt in boos. The conversation seemed totally innocent as Stephanie was heard telling Test that she knew that he didn’t get along with her husband for obvious reasons but she needed him to stay on the same page with Triple H tonight to help him against Angle and Undertaker. Test would have to be a creep asking what was going to be in it for him implying some things to his ex-fiancee. Stephanie would tell him that he would never have that in it for him ever again as Triple H would come walking into the room and clearly he didn’t like what he seen. He instantly questioned what was going on here as Stephanie explained why she was there and her intentions. That didn’t stop Hunter from grabbing her hand and pulling her closer to him. Triple H would look Test in the eyes to tell Stephanie that Test knew what he was supposed to do or what would happen to him. Stephanie would cool the tension reminding them that there was a bigger issue than this to attend too.

-----------

Tag Team Match
    Triple H © w/ Stephanie McMahon and Test versus Kurt Angle and The Undertaker

It was time for the Main Event of the night that looked to be a good one as long as Triple H and Test would even be able to get along long enough to win this match against Kurt Angle and The Undertaker. Angle and Undertaker were both fired up tonight looking to get some revenge on the two men they were fighting here tonight. The bell would be sounded as Triple H would start things off against the man that he beat at the Royal Rumble, Kurt Angle. The two would lock things up as Kurt Angle would show quickly that he had something to prove here tonight as he would be able to take down Triple H rather quickly. The two would look to lock things up once again but this time Triple H would cheap shot Angle to get the upper hand. Triple H would make the rather aggressive tag to Test but the two would still be able to work together looking pretty impressive actually. With these two getting along, Angle was in trouble but the fans and The Undertaker looked to try to rally behind Angle to make the much needed tag. Kurt would be able to leap and make the hot tag to The Undertaker as the crowd would pop loudly! Undertaker would go right after Test who would fight back but didn’t look to be faring too well until Stephanie McMahon would grab The Undertaker’s leg helping out Test which was the right thing to do to help her team but her husband didn’t like it as he shouted at her. This would come back to hurt Triple H as The Undertaker would Irish whip Test right into him! Triple H was knocked off the apron but Test was able to turn off the rebound to nail The Undertaker with a huge Big Boot! Test went for the pin but The Undertaker was able to kick out! Test would get back to his feet looking to finish off Undertaker whenever he was suddenly spun around and nailed with the Pedigree! Triple H was pissed off as he grabbed his championship and left with it and only it. In the ring, The Undertaker would finish off Test with The Last Ride for the three count!

Winners: Kurt Angle and The Undertaker

Test looked to be out cold as Stephanie couldn’t believe what her husband just did. She was torn on what to do as she wanted to check on Test but knew that Triple H would get pissed. Stephanie decided to go to the back as The Undertaker and Kurt Angle would celebrate their victory to close out Raw.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

NO WAY OUT
    February 25th, 2001

WWF Championship Match
    Triple H (c) w/ Stephanie McMahon versus Kurt Angle

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match
    Chris Benoit (c) versus Eddie Guerrero

Underdog

Status

Good opening promo w/ Shane. I was hesistant to you using Shane as the owner like they did IRL, but I hope you don’t focus on the McMahon family and focus more on the wrestlers and an actual Invasion.

IDK but I really kept reading Goldust as Goldberg…don’t ask me why. Interesting to see what you have planned for Billy Gunn, I think he will win the belt and move on to a more proper feud.

I don’t know how I feel about Rock actually losing the Gauntlet match. I get that it was 3 vs. 1 essentially, but Rock just won the Rumble and these guys aren’t really heavy hitters in the lineup. Could have had HHH go right into the attack and kept the finish to a no-contest.

I expect E&C to be back later…keep that 3 way feud please!

Raven being your hardcore champion is a good thing. I really like Crash as champ but I think he can do his comedy w/out the belt.

Surprise not to see E&C come out during/after the 8-man match. I kinda want to see the RTC disband…the characters in there are too good separately.

Steve Austin going over Show was the right move. I hope you have Austin do the right thing and put over Jericho. I really wish we had got a singles feud with them two IRL.

Good little promo to get what should be a great IC title match at the PPV. I like Dean being the guy to take the fall…I think if you decide to bring in the cruiserweight belt then he has a place.

Good decision to the double count out for the match this time around with Kane/Rikishi. I say do a gimmick match at the PPV.

I’m not really sure what to think of the tag match….i just don’t know why its happening and then the story of the match was test/HHH feuding over Steph which kinda makes me feel like there is more to it but then I go Why?

Thread Information