Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: May 1st, 2018

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: May 1st, 2018

Tag match ruled, heel Itami rules. Nice to see the crowds get louder. Gulak's promo fucking ruled. Buddy destroyed that geek, good to see. I loved the post-match brawl, showed Alexander in a good light. I love Gulak's robe, it's badass. The main was really good, Kalisto and Gulak work really well together.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Well this was a good week if you're in the 'no tag belts' camp, because things don't look rosy for Tozawa and Itami. I'm not too upset about it because Tozawa is a babyface at heart and Itami is a dick who should be a loner so I'm interested in them having a little program tbh. Gallagher and Kendrick are two of my least favourite acts on the show so them being used again next week doesn't have me excited.

I loved pissed off Buddy this week, and I hope Drake doesn't mess him around and gives him the title shot again without jumping through more hoops. He killed that jobber.

Drew Vs Kalisto rocked as you might expect. I think when we get to it, Alexander Vs Drew is gonna be a great title program after this Buddy stuff is over. Perhaps it can even be stretched out to the Summerslam CW title match.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Buddy killed that jobber...but kinda for real? That didn't look like the plan and Buddy seemed to be hiding shock/concern. The referee's count was awkward.

In Roddy's post-tournament absence, Drew is becoming the MVP and killing it. Great promos, great in the ring, great character. Whatever's going on with his Nese feud, let's get it over with ASAP so we can have Drew as the top heel challenging Cedric.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    it's unknown if shawns actually being signed, but again, blah blah tag division.
    Given that thanks to WWE booking the Daivari brothers have been receiving death threats, I'd say they owe them something. Giving Shawn a gig to help bolster the tag division would be a start.

Why is Buddy the only guy being shown if he makes weight, da hell is this Spud!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    probably because hes huge

since cedric is close they should do something with him one time too. i dont need it all the time though. it could get redundant
    I don't think Buddy is the only one being weighed, he's just the only one we see because of how he came in and how big he used to be - and probably legitimately still is. I do agree they should be showing other people every now and then and given Cedric's initial story of how he dropped weight to enter the CWC, he does present himself as the perfect candidate for it. I just hope they don't do some dumb shit like having him beat Buddy and then Murphy complains that Cedric is too big to be holding the belt, leading to a post-match weigh in and Alexander being stripped; that would totally delegitimise the entire weight-class and thus the division, as well as any authority Maverick has. All around bad idea that I can totally see WWE booking.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

hey I'm here.

- All this talk of Lucha House Party vs Itami/Tozawa's tornado tag two weeks ago being hyped as the 'first-ever' tornado tag on 205 Live makes me wonder if that MOTM candidate of Gallagher/Kendrick vs Alexander/Swann was a fever dream, or retconned out of existence because of Swann's incident.

Another week goes by, and another week where I sigh and wish Jackie boy still rocked that suit & tie wrestling attire. Even the rainbow trunks were an improvement over his current gear. Add that to the 205 Live Bingo Card along with all my other small complaints that don't matter as much as I think they do, like Kalisto & Buddy Murphy's other themes being better.

I dug the match, and can't say I'm all too surprised at Itami ditching Tozawa post-match. They weren't a natural team, only put together by Drake Maverick for reasons that I'm sure wasn't ethnically based. They were too different, as much as they tried to make it work. Even the Lucha House Party vs Itami/Tozawa feud felt like Tozawa just trying to follow Itami's heelish actions in an effort to bridge some sort of gap between the two, never quite stooping to Itami's lows, but not exactly stopping him either. At the very least, I'm surprised it happened before any sort of tag titles were brought on board. Was kinda hoping we've stay with No Respect Heel Hideo Itami teaming with Bubbly Babyface Akira Tozawa for bit longer, just for a morally grey team made up of different alignments to counteract Lucha House Party's clear-cut face and Kendrick/Gallagher's conniving heel stuff. But, oh well. The 'NO RESPECT' chant was a nice touch.

- Does it count as a return if the dude has been gone for two weeks tops? When I heard someone was returning to 205 Live my heart leapt at the thought of Neville, even though I'm convinced he's gone for good. But nah, just Buddy Murphy. Good thing though, Buddy Murphy's an absolute hoss so whatever, yaya Buddy return. Triple powerbomb, win via KO, that's some 2004 Lesnar stuff right there. RIP poor jobber.

- Fantastic main event. Kalisto's slowly grown from a good but forgettable wrestler into a legitimately great prospect, and I don't think I'll ever tire of Drew Gulak saying 'nuts to this' and just dragon sleeper-ing dudes to death.

Solid show, I dug it. Next week is gonna be STACKED.

Thread Information