Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 30th, 2018

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 30th, 2018

Seth Rollins is really hitting his stride right now. I know there has been a lot of criticism of him in the ring towards the end of last year but he is like a new character right now. Easily the hottest babyface on RAW and definitely the man they should be looking to build around. I suppose in theory with no Universal Title on the show he is really the showpiece title holder. Really enjoyed his match with Finn.

Overall, I actually thought this was a really fun three hours which zipped by for me. The hot crowd probably helped but I'm really digging Owens and Zayn since the move to RAW as they'd got so stale on SmackDown. Hope they are given more of an edge and actually win some matches soon though.

Also enjoyed Banks vs. Riott and have been pretty impressed with Ruby as she has performed well when given the opportunity. Rated her match against Charlotte earlier this year as well.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

If I were booking going forward, have Rollins beat Brock for the title, have a big baby-face celebration then have Reigns turn heel out of jealousy. Bring up that Rollins took Reigns'moment repeatedly (ending the Shield, WM31, MITB 2016, and now dethroning Lesnar).

Rollins is like a totally different wrestler this year and I think he's the best main roster guy of the year so far.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    If I were booking going forward, have Rollins beat Brock for the title, have a big baby-face celebration then have Reigns turn heel out of jealousy. Bring up that Rollins took Reigns'moment repeatedly (ending the Shield, WM31, MITB 2016, and now dethroning Lesnar).

Rollins is like a totally different wrestler this year and I think he's the best main roster guy of the year so far.

Petition to get Shock hired by WWE creative. Sounds like the perfect thing to do to me.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I don't see why they wouldn't go with Seth Rollins. He can have pretty good matches occasionally, he isn't small by any means and we all know how much Vince loves that. His promos aren't great but the crowd seems to like them. I wouldn't go all out on him yet, but I would give him a main event push to test how well he would do.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

As if things couldn't be worse for Roman just looking at his own booking in the Brock feud, 2018 has just been the rebirth of babyfaces in WWE making life way tougher for him. Seth Rollins has gone from strength to strength since Jason Jordan got injured and looks like he should be given another chance in the main event, Braun Strowman has been incredibly over and crucially more humanised through MMC, Daniel Bryan has returned so naturally he's the people's champion again, AJ Styles is WWE Champion and super over and Finn Balor is always going to be popular and I think he's had a great year as well. It's ridiculous that the narrative of Raw is Roman Reigns is the top guy getting screwed out of the title by the mercenary Brock Lesnar, and the 5 other names I just listed are more popular and so clearly fit the mold of 'the guy' than Roman does right now. That's before looking at acts like New Day and Rusev that get strong babyface reactions and could be used higher up the card. It's not the crowd's fault, these crowd's love to cheer for a babyface, but Roman ain't a babyface. It used to be a thing I would roll my eyes at when Wade Keller and the like would say it every single week, but this guy needs to turn heel so badly because his character needs a reset. The 'I'm here and Brock isn't shite doesn't work, it's not worked on any occasion during this feud and they keep going down this path. Until they fix this Roman and Brock problem, Raw is going to struggle to be engaging for me.

Rollins/Balor pretty damn good main event. Loved the clean finish.

The reaction for Zayn and Owens was pretty wild. Worst night to make this point because of the reactions he was getting, but Sami Zayn is thriving as a heel in a way I could of never imagined.

All the people who used to tell me Bobby Lashley got really good in TNA, be prepared to take that L, because I'm still sitting here waiting for that guy to do one thing to impress me in the month he's been back. He couldn't look more out of place on this roster if he was a sumo wrestler in a Royal Rumble. Jinder looks twice the wrestler.

Must suck for Natalya that even though she's canadian on the night Canadians were crazy over, even though she came out with the Bret Hart remixed music and even though she was positioned in a babyface spot, no-one reacted to her coming out until they knew Ronda was with her. Ronda is the top star on this show. Maybe that's why we're stuck in this roman chokehold, so it's easier for Ronda to be accept as 'the top guy' on Raw.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

*crowd booing Roman Reigns*

Graves: "Things sure are different here in Canada"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    *crowd booing Roman Reigns*

Graves: "Things sure are different here in Canada"

Bizarro world is now just whatever town Roman appears in.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It's the beauty of the WWE universe, the fans can speak their mind. Unlike those other promotions kidnapping fans and electrocuting them until they learn the proper reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

Do you not consider 205 main roster? Or do you not follow? Curious, because I think Rollins has been the guy on RAW, but I'd put him behind at least 3-4 205 guys. Ali, Buddy, Kalisto, Gulak all come to mind right away.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Just when I thought I was done with Balor vs. Rollins, that was their best match together. Very good stuff. Rollins is, well, on fire.

Lashley has been a real stinker since his comeback.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    As if things couldn't be worse for Roman just looking at his own booking in the Brock feud, 2018 has just been the rebirth of babyfaces in WWE making life way tougher for him. Seth Rollins has gone from strength to strength since Jason Jordan got injured and looks like he should be given another chance in the main event, Braun Strowman has been incredibly over and crucially more humanised through MMC, Daniel Bryan has returned so naturally he's the people's champion again, AJ Styles is WWE Champion and super over and Finn Balor is always going to be popular and I think he's had a great year as well. It's ridiculous that the narrative of Raw is Roman Reigns is the top guy getting screwed out of the title by the mercenary Brock Lesnar, and the 5 other names I just listed are more popular and so clearly fit the mold of 'the guy' than Roman does right now. That's before looking at acts like New Day and Rusev that get strong babyface reactions and could be used higher up the card. It's not the crowd's fault, these crowd's love to cheer for a babyface, but Roman ain't a babyface. It used to be a thing I would roll my eyes at when Wade Keller and the like would say it every single week, but this guy needs to turn heel so badly because his character needs a reset. The 'I'm here and Brock isn't shite doesn't work, it's not worked on any occasion during this feud and they keep going down this path. Until they fix this Roman and Brock problem, Raw is going to struggle to be engaging for me.

Rollins/Balor pretty damn good main event. Loved the clean finish.

The reaction for Zayn and Owens was pretty wild. Worst night to make this point because of the reactions he was getting, but Sami Zayn is thriving as a heel in a way I could of never imagined.

All the people who used to tell me Bobby Lashley got really good in TNA, be prepared to take that L, because I'm still sitting here waiting for that guy to do one thing to impress me in the month he's been back. He couldn't look more out of place on this roster if he was a sumo wrestler in a Royal Rumble. Jinder looks twice the wrestler.

Must suck for Natalya that even though she's canadian on the night Canadians were crazy over, even though she came out with the Bret Hart remixed music and even though she was positioned in a babyface spot, no-one reacted to her coming out until they knew Ronda was with her. Ronda is the top star on this show. Maybe that's why we're stuck in this roman chokehold, so it's easier for Ronda to be accept as 'the top guy' on Raw.
    To make things even worse for Roman, his opponent at Backlash, Samoa Joe, will probably get way more crowd support than him, and Joe is the heel. And to make things worse for us, Roman will probably win anyways! Unless this is a tipping point where he loses to Joe and then just goes bonkers and hopefully turns heel because he can't buy a win as a good guy.

And I agree with everything else in this post as well. Zayn is really a complete competitor now and has a killer mic presence to go along with his amazing ring work.. Lashley is nothing special just like I was saying he would be when everyone was giddy to see him return. He's a solid midcarder and nothing more.. Natalya needs something to freshen her character up or the rest of Women's division is going to blow past her if they haven't already.

Thread Information