Thread: 2018 Women’s Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

2018 Women’s Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Which female wrestlers have been making a case for this award so far?

Past winners include:

2006 - Mickie James
    2007 - Mickie James
    2008 - Beth Phoenix
    2009 - Mickie James
    2010 - Layla
    2011 - Beth Phoenix
    2012 - AJ Lee
    2013 - AJ Lee
    2014 - Charlotte
    2015 - Sasha Banks
    2016 - Charlotte
    2017 - Asuka
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 2018 Women’s Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Asuka is Who I have right now based on that run of matches she had late Jan to mid Feb when she won the rumble, then faced Bayley, Sasha and Nia a couple of times on Raw before getting into the Bliss stuff. Obviously there’s the mania match with Charlotte too so that’s two of wwe’s best matches this year with the rumble and Charlotte. She was a tonne of fun in The MMC too.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

For me it comes down to 2 choices, Asuka and Momo Watanabe. Asuka has had loads more of consistently good matches this year to very little surprise. And Momo has a few stand out matches that are either MOTYC's or bordering them imo. Hard to pick between the two right now but they are two of my favourites women wrestlers this year so far.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Momo Watanabe is the most mental suggestion ive seen for this.

Surely she's more suited to most improved.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Momo Watanabe is the most mental suggestion ive seen for this.

Surely she's more suited to most improved.
    Maybe, but I've liked her matches more than many I've seen this year. As of right now, she does stand out to me. Could easily change.

Sweet Meat

Status

Despite the Bayley storyline being weak so far (turn her fully already guys, Boss is best as heel) I think Sasha deserves a mention. A few killer TV matches. The straw that held the Womens Rumble together. In general, she's usually the link to hold together all the multi person matches. And she did great on MMC too. Unfortunately, the last month or so has hurt her because it's been the nothing Bayley feud, but if that gets turned up we should be set.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I've never been her biggest fan but I really think it's Io to this point. I would credit her for that awesome Momo match that was Momo's best of her career, was a major part of that great elimination match where Tam left Oedo Tai, had a couple of very underrated tags with HZK, really good match with Savoy, great match with Meiko, worked a freaking deathmatch and took a couple of bat shots that blew up Twitter. Great & hardworking year in a promotion who's going down the toilet.

Asuka is my number 2. Miyako Matsumoto had a great Ice title win & a good match against Karen DATE so she deserves props.
    Last edited by Zero; 04-30-2018 at 06:02 AM.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

THE MAN

Status

I think this is a really interesting award this year; the mens wrestler of the year has been a no brainer for me since the summer, but the women don't seem to have a blowaway #1 candidate. In WWE especially it's hard for anyone to have a consistently good year, for example Asuka was clearly the best woman in the company up until her Wrestlemania match but then she's faded away significantly, inversely Becky was kicking her heels for about 6 months before they decided to use her and now she's the hottest act in the company having the best womens feud of the year. When it comes down to consistency, I think Ronda has to be in consideration for this, she's felt important since the moment she debuted and has had matches that are really good for the level of experience she has. Actually I don't think there's any doubt that Ronda has been the most consistent PPV performer this year for WWE.

Down in NXT, I don't want to start the whole takeover thread debate again, but Shayna's been really good and so has Kairi.

Meiko Satomura would be my #1 choice at this moment at time. MVP of the Mae Young Classic and wXw's Femme Fatales. Has had really good matches touring the UK this year with Pro Wrestling Eve, Fight Club Pro and OTT. The one match I saw of hers in Japan against Io was damn good, and I'm sure there's more that I haven't seen.

Toni Storm is someone I feel obligated to vote for. I think her matches tend to always fall short of what they should be when she's in the ring with a great talent, and her star power potential is overrated because she's a rubbish promo, but I haven't seen anyone in Europe have as many good matches as she's had this year. That's a low bar because Europe's womens scene is still developing, but still a feather in her baseball cap.

Who has been the best in Japan this year Zero/HoHo?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

It's the sort of category where Becky will probably win just based off the last few months alone.

Ronda deserves a lot of love. She's not had a bad match yet, and her Wrestlemania match was legitimately great against all odds. Her match with Nia was excellent as well. If we had a rookie of the year award she would take it easily.

I would imagine the best woman of the year comes from outside WWE. All the best WWE women (Becky, Asuka, Charlotte and Ronda) this year have big gaps in the year where they weren't interesting or doing much of anything.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

^I agree with all of that Ed. When it comes to Japan right now if I break down the Joshi companies I say Kagetsu, Momo Watanabe are the top with Stardom right now both have had some damn good Matches and maybe Utami Hayashishita with the run she had leading into the Grand Prix and even now teaming in the Tag League Momo is going to raise her stock as we get closer to 2019.

Ice Ribbon wise I think Tsukasa Fujimoto is the first lady I think about and how can't you when she's the ICExInfinity Champion again. She had great Matches with Maya Yukihi, Hamuko Hoshi, and even Hiragi Kurumi during that run which I really enjoyed. Not enough people to me are talking about Chihiro Hashimoto[Sendai Girls] and Miyu Yamashita[TJPW] right now. Both ladies are killing it right now, but I imagine that is going to change going. Shida is another lady who has done well as well, now being the OZ Academy Champion pretty sweet to see her as Champion, her Match with Aja Kong was so good great decision to make her Champ. So many ladies as you can as the best of the best, but I'll go Fujimoto or Hashimoto if you put a Gun to my head right now.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Honestly, Becky hasn't done much for me at all since her "heel" turn. Just feel nothing when I watch her. The Evolution match was good but nothing else.

No one really stands out as women wrestler of the year to me. Thinking about it, I'd say Meiko Satomura and Arisa Nakajima are is my top choice for Women's WOTY. Satomura had that great MYC and a real great matches with Io Shirai. Arisa Nakajima had that amazing match with Rina Yamashita, great matches with Misaki Ohata and another one with Mio Momono too. She had a real good tag match at the beginning of the year too, teaming with Fujimoto against Matsumoto & Ohata. Right now, I'll stick with these two.

But shout out to Miyu Yamashita. I wouldn't say she would be at the top of my list but she has had some awesome matches and probably has had the biggest impact on her home promotion out of all the women in wrestling besides Ronda Rousey.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

So weird for someone not acknowledge Becky being one of the best things in the company right now. Her heel turn has easily been the most interesting thing she’s ever done.

I also consider her for most improved because I never saw her as a star until now.

Ronda and Meiko are probably my top two right now.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

Yeah, it's funny how many people are still complaining that she's a heel when it's growing a spine and attacking Charlotte that has made her a star. It's like the Daniel Bryan heel run of early 2012, people knew he was a great wrestler and would applaud his work before the turn, but once he developed his character that's when the YES chants started.

Hail To The King

Status

Shyana Baszler for me shes killing it

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I don't think you can criticize Becky's performances as she's doing great promo & character work. However I definitely think you can criticize the way they're going about it and honestly the fact that I feel like my intelligence is getting insulted by them fighting against her massive popularity makes me enjoy her much less. Her first promo after her turn where she insulted the fans to a chorus to me was one of the worst of the year and it just comes across kind of embarrassing. Her matches with Charlotte haven't been close to great outside of LMS and even that was a typical Charlotte slopfest. If you include character work I think she can be considered because she's really great, but for me match quality really isn't there compared to others.

From Japan I love Rina Yamashita & Misaki Ohata but being in WAVE makes it basically impossible, though Rina in Sead is super awesome and BORDERLESS are basically the new Best Friends.

1. Miyu Yamashita
    2. Io Shirai
    3. Meiko Satomura
    4. Mayu Iwatani
    5. Arisa Nakajima
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

The Man

Status

Becky for me. I’m sorry to be that guy, but she’s always been a favorite of mine yet she’s really stepped up her game since the heel turn. Alexa would be my number two, followed by Ronda.

Honorable mentions from WWE/nXt: Bianca Belair, Nikki Cross, Toni Storm, Kairi Sane, Io Shirai

Out of the WWE bubble I’ve enjoyed Tessa Blanchard’s work, from what I’ve seen of her in Impact since I started watching it again and she had a fun match with Brian Cage at Bar Wrestling a few weeks back at their Breastlemania show.
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 11-06-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I don't think you can criticize Becky's performances as she's doing great promo & character work. However I definitely think you can criticize the way they're going about it and honestly the fact that I feel like my intelligence is getting insulted by them fighting against her massive popularity makes me enjoy her much less. Her first promo after her turn where she insulted the fans to a chorus to me was one of the worst of the year and it just comes across kind of embarrassing. Her matches with Charlotte haven't been close to great outside of LMS and even that was a typical Charlotte slopfest. If you include character work I think she can be considered because she's really great, but for me match quality really isn't there compared to others.
    That first promo after she attacked Charlotte where she criticised the fans was bad and the wrong way to play it, but I think they've moved away from that aspect now because her promos are just about her opponent and being the champ, nothing to do with fans abandoning her.

They wouldn't put out videos like this if hating on her fans was still her character. Ronda last night cut a promo where she acknowledged how popular Becky is with her new attitude and encouraged the becky chants from the crowd.

If they were really fighting her popularity, she would of lost to Charlotte, her reign would be over and they'd nip this in the bud before it spirals into the next YES movement. Instead they kept the title on her, give her more promo time, and give her a showcase match with Ronda. They are messing with the audio in recaps to add boos but I see that more as over-protecting Charlotte who is horribly miscast as a babyface and can't get babyface reactions out of this feud, more than fucking over Becky. I'll take whatever they're doing now, as botched and as swimming against the tide as it may be, over puns, tea time and becky balboa promos she's been cutting for the last two years.

The singles matches they had weren't must-see, but were the best matches I've seen out of Becky in years and a step up from the usual standard of SD womens title matches. LMS we're on different planets on because I think it's a MOTYC, just as good as any of the infamous Takeover matches.

From Japan I love Rina Yamashita & Misaki Ohata but being in WAVE makes it basically impossible, though Rina in Sead is super awesome and BORDERLESS are basically the new Best Friends.

1. Miyu Yamashita
    2. Io Shirai
    3. Meiko Satomura
    4. Mayu Iwatani
    5. Arisa Nakajima
    I'll see what I can find on the dark web and russian tube to take a closer look at these women.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Yeah this has Becky all over it she owns this role and has been killing it On Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread Information