Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 24th, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

205 Live WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 24th, 2018

WWE 205 Live preview, April 24, 2018: Who will challenge Cedric Alexander?
    Despite an impressive performance in the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament and a bold attack on WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander, Buddy Murphy was unable to maintain the weight necessary to compete on WWE 205 Live. As a result, General Manager Drake Maverick had no choice but to rescind Murphy’s title opportunity. However, Maverick is determined to present a challenger for Cedric Alexander’s WWE Cruiserweight Title at the Greatest Royal Rumble event. That opponent will be determined tonight in a Gauntlet Match!

The Gauntlet Match will test all who participate and prove which Superstar has the heart of a champion. Last week, Drew Gulak made it clear that he plans to force every competitor to tap out. And while Gulak said he was moving away from his rivalry with his former friend and tag team partner Tony Nese, The Premier Athlete revealed he is entering the Gauntlet Match and hopes to cross paths with Gulak during the Gauntlet Match.

Who else will compete for the opportunity of a lifetime to challenge WWE Crusierweight Champion Cedric Alexander at the Greatest Royal Rumble event? Tune in tonight for the Crusierweight Gauntlet Match at 10/9 C only on WWE 205 Live on the award-winning WWE Network.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 24th, 2018

Should be a unique episode of 205 Live with the gauntlet match being the only thing on the show. Realistically I can't see anymore than 5 people/4 matches in this thing. We know Drew and Tony are in, would be really weird if Ali isn't in it and I'll take a swing at Kalisto and TJP being involved too.

Hard to pick a winner though.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Can I get a break from Kalisto/Lucha House Party for this week? Feel like they’ve been the most heavily featured since the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Can I get a break from Kalisto/Lucha House Party for this week? Feel like they’ve been the most heavily featured since the reboot.
    I hope not. LUCHA LUCHA LUCHA

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sweet Meat

Status

Ed was correct btw, the five names involved are

-TJP
    -Mustafa Ali
    -Drew Gulak
    -Tony Nese
    -Kalisto

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

A gauntlet match, this could be the best one of the year

Very interesting potential match ups on tonight's show. Looking forward to it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

It'll be interesting to see if it does indeed last the entire show. And the order of it.

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Ed was correct btw, the five names involved are

-TJP
    -Mustafa Ali
    -Drew Gulak
    -Tony Nese
    -Kalisto
    Well I am the #1 205 Live fan around these parts, so I guess it's only Natural I'd predict it correctly

I can't predict the winner though. It feels like it's too soon to go back to Ali only to lose again, and Drew felt like someone they were building up to a future title match but not just yet so this match is swinging around too soon. Feels like they need a throwaway challenge for Friday who won't affect future plans, so I'm gonna go with TJP.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well I am the #1 205 Live fan around these parts, so I guess it's only Natural I'd predict it correctly

I can't predict the winner though. It feels like it's too soon to go back to Ali only to lose again, and Drew felt like someone they were building up to a future title match but not just yet so this match is swinging around too soon. Feels like they need a throwaway challenge for Friday who won't affect future plans, so I'm gonna go with TJP.
    I thought for sure Ali gets it here, Cedric wins again then Murphy comes back with a vengeance. But I think I'd prefer your route. TJP gets it here. Ali/Buddy face off for #1 contender later. Then Buddy/Cedric.

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

also no youre fuckin not

Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Won’t be here live but I’ll try to watch it either later tonight or tomorrow and give my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
      Country                    United States

Dooker knows but I won’t be here either. I got scheduled to work the night shift this evening but I will give my thoughts on this when I can.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Sweet Meat

Status

Everybody's been gone, even Hoho. The LDs this week have tanked

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Everybody's been gone, even Hoho. The LDs this week have tanked
    Pacing themselves for THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE obviously.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
      Country                    United States

I watched this after work last night, well after watching SDL first. Anyways, I thought it was solid. It was interesting that spent the focus of the show on the gauntlet match like they did for the first hour and half for that on Raw awhile back.

Best matches to me were Ali/TJP, Ali/Gulak, and Nese/Gulak. Kalisto/Gulak was good too but by this point I was getting a bit tired and I was ready for sleep. I thought Ali/Gulak told a good story like their previous matches and Nese/Gulak also had a good revenge story going with a more vengeful side of Nese that I liked which in turn costs him the match.

Gulak was the mvp of the night for sure. Kalisto vs Alexander should be good though, I’m looking forward to that.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Great show. Gulak rules, and I agree with Jimmy he was the MVP of the night. Loved all the matches and Ali/Gulak was my favourite of the night. Can't wait for Alexander and Kalisto, it's gonna fucking rule!
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I thought the gauntlet match was very good, but peaked with the amazing end to Ali/Gulak, both guys were incredible in that mini-match and I want to see them have more matches with each other. The fire of Nese/Gulak was pretty good, but then the Kalisto portion of this match was the weakest I thought so it ended a little flat.

Kalisto makes perfect sense for a throwaway challenger on Friday, doesn't mess up any long term plans they had.

The interview they had with Cedric, and seeing Ali's performance again this week just solidified my belief that the wrong guy won at mania. There's no oomph in his promos.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Yeah, Cedric is just the ultimate plain smiling babyface at this point. Guy needs some edge to him.

To elaborate on what I said earlier, I think Kalisto's been good for the most part since the reboot, but he's on just about every week - whether it's the Lucha House Party alliance or being featured in singles, I'm getting bored of his presence. I find myself getting more into Drulak, TJP and Gallagher who are only on every 2-3 weeks atm so remain fresh. Apart from Cedric/Nese, Cedric/Kalisto was the outcome I was least interested in.

I hope they're not planning on booking Nese as a babyface. Because I LOVED that surprise Gulock finish, but it definitely didn't win him any sympathy That, and he was really going overboard with the LOUD NOISES.

Positive notes. TJP has been great lately and I'm really enjoying his submission work during his heat. I kinda hoped we'd get a surprise cheat win over Ali from him to start a feud, but ah well. Drulak was Man of the Match, with Ali not drastically far behind with his babyface selling. Drew just seems to get it. He does so many little things well. I loved him placing Ali on the top turnbuckle and going "What you doing? It's dangerous up there!" and smacking him What a heel. And DID I MENTION THAT NESE FINISH?! We need more heel clean wins every now and then, because Drew and the Gulock have a lot of credibility right now.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The first match was okay, did exactly what it needed to do. Put Ali at a disadvantage, with TJP injuring him. Then Gulak vs Ali picked up the pace and action and it went on from there. Mustafa Ali's facial expression when Gulak came out was great, the look of acceptance that this is going to be a tough match was great. Gulak zeroed in on Ali's leg and just outwrestled him and made him suffer. Nese vs Gulak was great for numerous reasons, it showed Gulak's range being able to turn from a vicious heel to essentially to a face in peril role. He did both roles so well. Nese was impressive as well. Just dominating Gulak, almost beating him at one point but his determination to prove a point cost him the match. Like what they are doing with him at the moment.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Did anyone else see Gulak as a face in peril? Because it seemed like an obvious heel getting his comeuppance until Nese got carried away.

Thread Information