Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 24th, 2018

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 24th, 2018

I cannot believe how many people are shitting on that Big Cass promo. If your shitting on the context the promo, then I could sort of see your point. Not the most original material obviously and maybe a little corny and uneven. But I actually left that promo with a really good impression of Big Cass. I think it’s obvious he’s never been known to have good delivery but I loved his delivery here a lot. He was passionate, his mockery threw me off but made me laugh a lot, and he made it clear he has a grudge and he’s better than you which was the task at hand. Couldn’t ask for more. When he talked about being out with injury and finally getting clearance only to get outshined by Bryan, I was hooked because that’s a pretty good excuse to run this feud and save Miz vs. Bryan for a little bit. Cass’ theme does suck though.

EDIT: The IIconic’s promo was just like Cass’. Amazing and delightful delivery but some lame ass material. I like Billie and Peyton but I think people are over pouring praise. They’re very main roster-y promos. What they’re doing is what derailed Bliss when she joined Raw.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 04-25-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Big Cass was doing his best Edge facial expressions tho

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Big Cass was doing his best Edge facial expressions tho
    I did think that at one point
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

What a weird time we're in now where ETE is praising Nakamura's heel work more than Miz's, and he's right to.

One giant positive of the Big Cass promo is that I came away from it totally forgetting he was Enzo's tag partner. It felt like a clean slate for him and the start of a new character. The explanation of why he targeted Bryan made total sense too with him also going through a bad injury and the fans just forgetting about him because Bryan was taking all the attention. He lost me a little bit with the he was bullied as a kid but then he grew up and started bullying other little kids, don't add sympathetic themes to your backstory if you want me to boo you, but that's not on him, creative gave him that odd direction to go in.

I have to totally disagree with Zero on the IIconics promo was great and Carmella's wasn't opinion. The IIcoincs.........fuck it I'm just calling them Iconics cause the double I is fucking stupid....the iconics already feel like an act I've seen more than enough of in the last two years on the main roster. It's more mean girls type characters, they're just the Australian Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. I know that was their act in NXT, but it worked down there because they were the only ones doing it on a roster full of serious, ass kicking babyfaces. It's not gonna stand out on this roster, and jury really is out on whether they will ever be better than Absolution on this roster for me. I thought Carmella on the other hand was great in her promo, that playing the video package over and over again until the crowd react the way she wants to was incredible heel work and she's starting to feel like she belongs in the spot she's in right now, character wise at least - the title has already gone to her head. Maybe we have seen contract signings plenty of times in the women's division, but when's the last time we saw one woman get called out by the interview host for being unprofessional because they're rubbing the title in their face and won't sit down because their too busy dancing and strutting and mocking their opponent and the other woman just stays silent and lets their hands do the talking. I thought that was one of the better things on the whole show.

Nakamura was insanely good last night. I love the touch from WWE that they've made his music impossible to sing along to which kills his babyface reactions. The low blow is a deathmove now and the way he killed Karl Anderson with the knees in front of AJs face was fantastic.

What an odd time to choose to put Naomi out there in Usos angles playing the concerned wife role. Before last week had they ever put Naomi and Jimmy on screen in segments on SD as husband and wife since the draft split happened 2 years ago?

Not a good show for matches, but a pretty strong show for heel characters getting over and building . I agree with Zero on Rusev should of had a promo on The Undertaker, that was the one thing really missing from the show.

Sweet Meat

Status

Carmella is a great talker and character, definitely one of the top few females in the company in that regard. Thought her promo was great. I don't think Alexa is leaps and bounds above her in terms of mic work/facial expressions/etc. IIconics work as annoying as shit heels though too.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    I have to totally disagree with Zero on the IIconics promo was great and Carmella's wasn't opinion. The IIcoincs.........fuck it I'm just calling them Iconics cause the double I is fucking stupid....the iconics already feel like an act I've seen more than enough of in the last two years on the main roster. It's more mean girls type characters, they're just the Australian Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. I know that was their act in NXT, but it worked down there because they were the only ones doing it on a roster full of serious, ass kicking babyfaces. It's not gonna stand out on this roster, and jury really is out on whether they will ever be better than Absolution on this roster for me. I thought Carmella on the other hand was great in her promo, that playing the video package over and over again until the crowd react the way she wants to was incredible heel work and she's starting to feel like she belongs in the spot she's in right now, character wise at least - the title has already gone to her head. Maybe we have seen contract signings plenty of times in the women's division, but when's the last time we saw one woman get called out by the interview host for being unprofessional because they're rubbing the title in their face and won't sit down because their too busy dancing and strutting and mocking their opponent and the other woman just stays silent and lets their hands do the talking. I thought that was one of the better things on the whole show.
    Agree 100%.

Carmella is aces right now. So entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    What an odd time to choose to put Naomi out there in Usos angles playing the concerned wife role. Before last week had they ever put Naomi and Jimmy on screen in segments on SD as husband and wife since the draft split happened 2 years ago?
    Also just a weird thing to have your big “first time ever” women’s battle royal winner do right out of the post-Wrestlemania gate.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    What a weird time we're in now where ETE is praising Nakamura's heel work more than Miz's, and he's right to.
    I am “anti Indy” but if someone lives up to the hype and impresses then I am all for it. Nak was flat as a face but obviously was loaded with talent and charisma which he gets to display as a heel. Same with AJ and Joe those two live up to the hype and have exceeded expectations on the mic. As for Miz while I am still a fan there is no denying he is just Bray Wyatt 2.0, talks a big game cutting the same promo every week but never lives up to it and his matches are irrelevant. He’s boring thesedays.

I agree with the women’s promos. Carmella was really good, the Iconic...less so. Feels like they peaked on their debut night.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Status

When was Nakamura ever in the indies?

Sweet Meat

Status

It's a bit early to say someone peaked when they've had two appearances, isn't it?

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I cannot believe how many people are shitting on that Big Cass promo. If your shitting on the context the promo, then I could sort of see your point. Not the most original material obviously and maybe a little corny and uneven. But I actually left that promo with a really good impression of Big Cass. I think it’s obvious he’s never been known to have good delivery but I loved his delivery here a lot. He was passionate, his mockery threw me off but made me laugh a lot, and he made it clear he has a grudge and he’s better than you which was the task at hand. Couldn’t ask for more. When he talked about being out with injury and finally getting clearance only to get outshined by Bryan, I was hooked because that’s a pretty good excuse to run this feud and save Miz vs. Bryan for a little bit. Cass’ theme does suck though.

EDIT: The IIconic’s promo was just like Cass’. Amazing and delightful delivery but some lame ass material. I like Billie and Peyton but I think people are over pouring praise. They’re very main roster-y promos. What they’re doing is what derailed Bliss when she joined Raw.
    I was one hundred percent just shitting on the content, which is surely on the bookers more than anything. Thought his delivery was fine, and as Ed noted, did a wonderful job washing all of the Enzo off of him. He dressed clean cut and spoke like a normal human being instead of a Jersey dirtball, it's a good reboot for the Cass character. His part was, if not impressive, certainly competent. I just thought the promo was kinda shitballs in terms of what it was supposed to get across.

The best thing about the Iconics is their ability to take shit like that and still make it moderately entertaining. I've long feared for the day they get called up and I'm no less worried now, because getting main roster material week after week has neutered a lot of great NXT talent.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    When was Nakamura ever in the indies?
    Its a generalisation. Perhaps heavily rated by hardcore fans outside of the WWE wrestlers is the better term. Less catchy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    It's a bit early to say someone peaked when they've had two appearances, isn't it?
    Three appearances. I get it but it feels like they have. Their debut on Smackdown was fantastic in every regard, now they’re doing that whole 50/50 thing and scoring meaningless wins over Becky in throwaway matches.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Status

Bruh they have a win over Asuka

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    He dressed clean cut
    Like a piece of shit heel. I still liked the guy a bit, but when he wore that suit it tipped me over the edge. Fucking sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

jersey dirtball heel over clean cut suit wearing sellout?

I liked Big Cass prior to his injury and I thought his promo was well delivered, I never remembered him being the best talker. Wouldn't be too worried about the Bryan/Cass match - I imagine it will be sub-ten mins and Bryan will carry a lot of it.

Thread Information