Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 23rd, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 23rd, 2018

WWE Raw preview, April 23, 2018: The Beast returns before the Greatest Royal Rumble event
    Universal Champion Brock Lesnar utterly dismantled Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, but despite suffering a painful defeat on The Grandest Stage of Them All, The Big Dog remains determined to defeat The Beast Incarnate in their rematch inside a Steel Cage at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia next Friday, streaming live on WWE Network.

Lesnar makes his first live appearance since The Show of Shows on Raw, and his advocate Paul Heyman will no doubt have much to say about the impending return bout inside the unforgiving steel. Will Heyman’s undoubtedly acidic words incite a full-on brawl between these powerful rivals?

Superstar Shake-up aftermath
    This past Monday night, the landscape of Monday Night Raw shifted dramatically with the arrival of such Superstars as Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal, Natalya, The Riott Squad, Bobby Roode, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and others looking to make a name for themselves in their new surroundings.

What new alliances and rivalries will emerge now that these new competitors have made Team Red their home?

Will Stephanie McMahon continue to overrule Kurt Angle’s decisions?
    If you thought the issues between Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and General Manager Kurt Angle ended at WrestleMania, you’ve got another thing coming.

This past Monday night, Angle determined that neither Kevin Owens nor Sami Zayn would be joining Raw following their WrestleMania defeat to Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon and after the two fought each other to a No Contest the week prior on Team Red when a roster spot was on the line, but Stephanie decreed that The Olympic Hero had made his decision based on emotion, awarding Raw contracts to the leaders of The “Yep!” Movement.

Is Raw in the midst of a power struggle, and, if so, will opportunistic Superstars like Owens & Zayn take advantage?

Could we soon have “Woken” Raw Tag Team Champions?
    The pairing of “Woken” Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt has been “delightful” to say the least. The former rivals rolled through Titus Worldwide and The Revival in the Tag Team Eliminator, earning an opportunity to battle Cesaro & Sheamus for the Raw Tag Team Titles — which are currently in abeyance — at the Greatest Royal Rumble event

Can The Woken One and The Deleter of Worlds continue to gain momentum before their title opportunity in Saudi Arabia?
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 04-23-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 23rd, 2018

Just look at those hooks to watch Raw.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Doesn't look great but who knows, might turn out to be a fun show.

Vince's boy is showing up as well. Must see show.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

The Man

Status
      Country                    United States

No one watching?

It hasn't been so bad thus far. Sami & Kevin talk show was the highlight so far and Gable is using the American Alpha theme song again

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Just look at those hooks to watch Raw.
    *Two posts later*

Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

Sami/KO and their tag stole the show. Good stuff.

Gable is Vince's mighty mouse? I can get behind that.

Otherwise.. it was there.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

THE MAN

Status

Well this LD looks like a flat out rejection of the new roster.

Don’t know how I feel about KO and Sami jumping right back into a feud with authority figures.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well this LD looks like a flat out rejection of the new roster.

Don’t know how I feel about KO and Sami jumping right back into a feud with authority figures.
    I’m bored of it. It was almost immediately Kevin’s story when he was drafted to Smackdown and I just don’t care to see it done again on another show. I understand why they’re doing it but give these guys some breathing room away from these stale authority programs.

The Mahal/Gable stuff was actually entertaining. Call me crazy but I’ve enjoyed Mahal matches for two Raw’s in a row now and his persona is actually getting a tad bit better. It all feels too little too late but who knows. Still going to take a lot to get me behind him though.

This show is going to need some work, though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Say My Name

Status

I don't think we can properly judge the show until post-Backlash to be honest. This was nothing more than a holder show going into the event this Friday with hype central for it.

I think the feuds and rivalries will spring next week or more likely post-Backlash and we can really see where the dominoes will fall.

Ziggler and McIntyre is the thing I am most intrigued by and I hope Gable gets a solid push but I'm not holding my breath.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Man we missed the Ascension getting a standing ovation for a cartwheel, dang.

If Bo & Curtis's new thing is trying to join up with the latest craze under the guise of reforming a new version of said craze's former stable, then I'm so on board. Shallow nobodies trying to hook up with a much bigger deal and not even trying to be subtle about it should make for some fun little segments.
    - "Hey Elias, can we WALK WITH YOU?"
    - "Hey Bray, need a new family? Oh, you're with Matt. Hey Matt, want some new Hard(y) Boyz?"
    - "Hey Roman, Shield versions 1, 2, 3, and 4 were pretty cool, but let's make version 5 the coolest!"
    And so on, so forth.

Oh and I'm all-in on a Chad Gable singles push. Looked like he was going to get something last year during that brief time between teaming with Jordan and teaming with Benjamin, but that didn't really go anywhere so whatev. Plus, old American Alpha themeeeeee ~!
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I’m bored of it. It was almost immediately Kevin’s story when he was drafted to Smackdown and I just don’t care to see it done again on another show. I understand why they’re doing it but give these guys some breathing room away from these stale authority programs.
    I enjoyed their match, really clever to position it around a Braun hot tag. Braun is so the fucking guy, I'm getting Bryan 2013 vibes off him now where it's clear the crowd have made their choice.

The Mahal/Gable stuff was actually entertaining. Call me crazy but I’ve enjoyed Mahal matches for two Raw’s in a row now and his persona is actually getting a tad bit better. It all feels too little too late but who knows. Still going to take a lot to get me behind him though.
    couldn't believe Gable won that match, very odd decision with Mahal in a title match on Friday.

His matches have been a touch better, thought he sold quite well in his match with the tricky Gable working over his leg. I think working with Gable and Hardy, two guys we haven't seen in singles matches for a while helped in making the matches fresh, but there's also this sense that it's the right spot for Jinder. The WWE title reign was doomed because it was too big of a step up and fans rejected it, but it's a perfectly acceptable midcard act and his matches can be shorter and not full of interference because he's doing the chicken shit heel champ act. It's also not so heavy on the HE'S INDIAN, HE HATES AMERICA stuff. I actually laughed at his Nicholas line and delivery.

Sweet Meat

Status

the goat slowly getting his due

(okay he's not the goat, that's big match john, but he's the man)

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information