Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,921 to 1,939 of 1939

Thread: The Walking Dead: A Mafia Game

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Walking Dead: A Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Half happy haha

Mafia clean sweeping did not sit well with me. I had four of the five on my suspect list but didn’t reveal as they’d have killed me. We couldn’t get Dook anyway as he needed eight and we only had seven.
    That's what I was saying earlier. Once we got day 7 it's going to be super hard to win. They would have been 5 of any 7 votes. It only took two townies to mis-lynch.

Wait, was it already impossible to win? Would we have ever had enough to lynch Dook?

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

The Future Freaks Me Out

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    That's what I was saying earlier. Once we got day 7 it's going to be super hard to win. They would have been 5 of any 7 votes. It only took two townies to mis-lynch.

Wait, was it already impossible to win? Would we have ever had enough to lynch Dook?
    Since Ragveida had a vote steal, you guys would only have been able to pull of 6 votes irregardless. Yeah, that last day was simply not going to go for you guys.
    "First the alien, Then the Jew...
    I did no more than you let me do."

- The Hangman, Maurice Ogden

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

People's Champion

Status

Mafia were a little OP. Considering town were getting wiped out by the infected it was always going to be hard to overcome a vote thief, an extra lynch vote required and a player that comes back town.

Town fucked themselves by doubting every town that tried to help.

The Troll

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I mean I never looked at it that way but it's fair. Power players can talk themselves out of lynch usually, and as far as being night killed goes they're also more likely to be protected by the doctor. Plus some of them even make false claims about not being able to be killed so mafia doesn't risk targeting. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

In the end though even a game where we all have a fresh anonymous start. If there's a town leader who's really skilled and knows their shit, they're gonna get whacked. Past games or not.

The night Jiggy was killed for example, by that point it was more so because of his influence this game and not any others. Ed I think was more of a target because of his double voter role. He's smart and mafia knew it, but the double vote made him a target (which is why we had a bodyguard).

Had Grim investigated Jiggy fully instead of Fuji, he probably wouldn't have died. Or well he might've still because mafia would have thought that's why he survived the first night and not a doc protection.

So I mean there were a lot of variables for the power players this game.

I think the ones killed off were killed off because of this game and not their history in past ones. If they were absolutely terrible one game maybe mafia wouldn't kill them lol.
    How would we even go about having an anonymous game?

The Future Freaks Me Out

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ragveida View Post
    How would we even go about having an anonymous game?
    Probably Town of Salem or some shit.
    "First the alien, Then the Jew...
    I did no more than you let me do."

- The Hangman, Maurice Ogden

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

The Troll

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Probably Town of Salem or some shit.
    i feel like that wouldn't be it for some reason..

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Sully beautifully crafted story posts in the game - kudos my man, super stuff. Thank you and Shake for the effort put forth. Speaking of effort, I haven't been able to commit to these new games that are reaching nearly 2000 posts and it's not fair on my teams. I've been saying it for a while but I am going to stop now, the game has completely lost it's luster for me. Apologies for not being able to commit butttt...

how many fuck ups.

I did tell ya'll Rag and Grim were mafia a few days ago and nobody even commented on it. Granted I didn't push hard but still. It took me a bit longer to cop Dook but when I did on the final day nobody even said anything about it. They had all just decided they'd go me. No time to defend myself either I think there was 3 hours between my post and a lynch being reached.

SLOW DOWN. You guys rushed a Fuji lynch and the guy hadn't even been on to defend himself wtf. HoHo said he was so confident on Fuji being town and he even overturned a vote, was revealed as town and Fuji was still a prime suspect. I don't get it. There has to be some element of trust in known townies or mafia will win everytime.

JK outing himself was a silly play but he knows he just made a mistake.

If you guys ever find out how to run an anon game I'll be in for sure. The power player narrative is boring and too many players are willing to get led and won't come to their own conclusions.

Also "I don't think this guy is mafia but it's going to no lynch otherwise" is a damn stupid reason for voting someone. If you fully believe someone's town don't fucking lynch them -_-

GG mafia, killed the right guys and flew under the radar
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Unlike Dak my excuses were bullshit. I wasn’t sick nor was I all that busy. My hick internet is just so bad that I couldn’t be assed enough to be anything approaching active. It did lead to some paranoia in the chatzy where everyone thought I was maf traitor for a minute so that was fun.

Our original plan was to leave Cox alive as the suspiciously long lasting power player as he said he wouldn’t be that active then he got more active and Grim discovered that we couldn’t just kill Fuji and he wasn’t all that active so we switched.
    That's kinda my biggest gripe with mafia. It becomes focused on specific people every game and it's hard for each game to exist on its own. It was mentioned earlier but "power" players get the shit and of the stick. They're either night killed right away or mafia can leave them in to try and get them lynched with the "they're still in the game" narrative. After so many games it's starting to become a real problem, I think.

Not just that but the familiarity we all have with each other. The spirit of this game is anonymity and actually making plays and trusting one another or not and it's getting harder to really carry those values for a full game.

That played into mafia's success here which is just happenstance. The only player on mafia that would be one of the first five players investigated is dook but everyone else was pretty free from getting looked at unless they did something suspicious. And then it turned out that he required and extra vote to lynch anyway and with the a vote thief always jacking a vote there's a good chance he never would have died unless Rag was outed. For the most part I'd say mafia did well enough to stay under the radar so they didn't get investigated.

You have to capitalised on mistakes like Grim, though. We BURNED sayer at the stake for his fuck up and rightfully so. When you have zero leads and something legitimately odd happens you have to go with it instead of lynching random people. A random lynch vote hitting mafia is so improbable it isn't worth it.

In the end I feel mafia was a hair unbalanced but the game played out in a way that just sorta made it seem worse. Missing on investigations will happen from time to time and in this game where basically everyone was in the tier of players that aren't first on the list of investigations it worked well for mafia.

I've been working on my Mass Effect game for a while and have been putting thought into a perk system that rewards players individually, not by roles, in order to combat some of the stuff that happens with each game. It's a foregone conclusion that the "power" players are almost always investigated first or lynched midway through a game for being alive. It's a mafia strategy at this point to let one particular player alive and try to get them lynched.

So to other game makers what are your thoughts on something like that to freshen things up? Obviously it would still need to be balanced in the context of the other powers but I think it's a way to keep things fresh and also make the games fell less predictable.

Not static abilities, but something to just keep the game from being drawn out and boring. Like perhaps in this game Jiggy would have been immune to nightkills on odd nights or something. Depending on the way the roles are randomly assigned, tossing in something like this to strengthen the foundation of the game. Not every game necessarily. If TGO, shake and jiggy are on the same team then probably not. But if a game gets assigned out where it's clear how it plays out doing something like this might help?

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Good game everyone. Fuck Dook and Grim I knew they were scum. And fuck Tig because he was town after all. And fuck Syk because I should have exposed someone else. And fuck everyone else for still suspecting me even when it was obvious who I was. Speaking of, fuck Gabriel, what an ass. And last but not least, fuck me because I didn't at least try to start a train on either Grim or Dook.

Good work Shake and Sully. Oh and fuck you too.

#WC4Horsemen

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Good game everyone. Fuck Dook and Grim I knew they were scum. And fuck Tig because he was town after all. And fuck Syk because I should have exposed someone else. And fuck everyone else for still suspecting me even when it was obvious who I was. Speaking of, fuck Gabriel, what an ass. And last but not least, fuck me because I didn't at least try to start a train on either Grim or Dook.

Good work Shake and Sully. Oh and fuck you too.
    Fuck me? No! Fuck you!

You basically outed me because I laid a vote on you. Because I refused to lynch someone who looked innocent. In fact under pressure you could have revealed your power and let town decide who to out. Nobody would have picked me. You made me an easy target for Smark but the plus side is mafia would not touch me as they thought I could take out walkers.

So many people in this game holding back powers that didn't need to be held back. Unless your cop or doc get your intel and state it. Don't hang onto it in fear of being killed.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Fuck me? No! Fuck you!

You basically outed me because I laid a vote on you. Because I refused to lynch someone who looked innocent. In fact under pressure you could have revealed your power and let town decide who to out. Nobody would have picked me. You made me an easy target for Smark but the plus side is mafia would not touch me as they thought I could take out walkers.

So many people in this game holding back powers that didn't need to be held back. Unless your cop or doc get your intel and state it. Don't hang onto it in fear of being killed.
    Perhaps you are right. But who's to say that if I had revealed my perk the mafia wouldn't have off'd me? Nevertheless I own my mistake and I'm moving on to the next game.

#WC4Horsemen

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Grim saying he played his best game after one of the worst botches ever really makes me want to go back and see how he played his other games.

Props to Sully and Shake for the game itself though, I told Sully the other day that I was really into the story posts even though I don’t watch TWD anymore. I think everything was run really well and I’m just sad that town was so bad that it couldn’t have gone on longer. Makes me think of Silk’s Secret Wars game where we annihilated mafia too quickly.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five MCU Movie Characters~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Sully and Shake good job guys. Thanks for hosting. I am with Fuji that it was hard but I think with all the mods trying to make some different changes it has made the town harder to gel and try to figure things out didnt help I played into mafia crap either.

I liked the addition of the walkers so good job.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

I'm cool. I think

Status

That final story post just made me really sad and I've never watched walking dead.

Also the first game since the betrayal where dook is maf and I'm lynched first. This makes sense. But at the same time *flips off Ed and Sayer*
    I have been reborn.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    That final story post just made me really sad and I've never watched walking dead.

Also the first game since the betrayal where dook is maf and I'm lynched first. This makes sense. But at the same time *flips off Ed and Sayer*
    I bet Dook masterminded it. He was evil this game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post

Some of the story posts were hard to write. Some of them I can't even imagine dying.

But to make the good guys win in the end and have everyone die was hard.

I couldn't kill Rick though. I left it very open ended. So if you want to say that Rick stays Negan's prisoner forever you can say that. But if you'd like to think Rick takes that piece of glass and uses it to kill a guard, escape and get revenge then you can think that too.

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Some of the story posts were hard to write. Some of them I can't even imagine dying.

I couldn't kill Rick though. I left it very open ended. So if you want to say that Rick stays Negan's prisoner forever you can say that. But if you'd like to think Rick takes that piece of glass and uses it to kill a guard, escape and get revenge then you can think that too.
    Shh you can say it was all a dream for season 2

Status

I'd say there's also a very morbid possibility he uses that glass to slit his own throat. You could even say Rick wins at that point since Negan can no longer make him watch Judith grow up with Negan and call him daddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    I'd say there's also a very morbid possibility he uses that glass to slit his own throat. You could even say Rick wins at that point since Negan can no longer make him watch Judith grow up with Negan and call him daddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    True. That's why I like open endings like that, the reader can make it whatever they want.

Thread Information