Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 17th, 2018

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 17th, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    had a more detailed post typed out but chrome crashed and i lost it. dumb chrome is dumb

shorter version:

daivari/ali was pretty good and one of daivari's better non gimmick singles matches thanks to a shorter heat without emphasis on holds. he needs to keep the shades/shirt though as he comes off really generic without them. ali maybe gave him too much but it was a good spotlight for ali anyway. and ali's look is cool.

kendrick/gallagher are a fun team and their squash was stiff, which i dig. not exactly the hottest crowd for it, but who'd expect otherwise. the buddy stuff is kind of fun since theyre using the weigh in gimmick as an excuse to not have his title match on GRR/possibly leave him home to take care of bliss if rumors are true.

main event ruled. so much fun. I just really liked it and their feud has been a delight. And it's even cooler if you take into account where 3 of them were last year around this time or in the recent past. Metalik was gone altogether then come and go once Aries left, Lince was gone altogether, and Itami had many ups and downs and some thought he was as good as done. Now they're in a really good spot in the revamped 205 with regular ring time and screen time. I hope they keep it up. And Tozawa just rules, but he's been in a pretty good spot since he re-debuted.
    Oh, how'd I forget?

NOISEMAKERS RULE.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

I found myself actually liking the Ali/Daiviri match which is weird for me because I really don't like Daiviri One nitpick, I really wish Ali would stop having these matches where he's practically dead and then boom counter, 054, win. It feels like he needs a snappier way to get to his finish that would realistically leave his opponent down on the mat long enough to climb the ropes, balance himself, then hit it.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Gallagher/Kendrick team, it dragged on a little bit.

I thought the main event tornado tag match was very good and Dook makes a great point about how this feud has really changed the fortunes of a lot of the guys involved.

I echo Dave's thoughts that the Buddy can't make the weight story is a nice touch regardless of the reasons behind it. It'll give Buddy more drive when he comes back, a chip on his shoulder that Drake wouldn't let him weight a few hours later to cut the weight. Really looking forward to the Gauntlet match next week which should last the entire episode.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Ali/Daivari was a good fun match. I definitely enjoy Daivari more than I used to. I do agree with Ed though that Ali's matches, while mostly good, are feeling very formulaic.

The Kendrick/Gallagher tag was a good squash though it felt a bit long. Glad to see Kendrick back.

The main was fucking awesome. Great storytelling, great wrestling. I love all 4 guys and they all work incredible together.

Can't wait for the gauntlet next week!
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Sweet Meat

Status

Of the guys active, is there any makeshift team you'd like to see to help fill numbers or be a pushed team?

Cedric Alexander
    Mustafa Ali
    Buddy Murphy
    Mark Andrews (?)
    Tony Nese
    Drew Gulak
    Ariya Daivari
    TJP
    Noam Dar (when he's back)

About nine guys excluding the lucha trio, Hideo/Itami, and Gallagher/Kendrick. Obviously perfect world sees them bring in Burch/Oney and maybe a Lio, but using just those 9 guys, who do you think would make a good team? Either for complementary styles/personalities or the opposite. Keep in mind, you need to have the singles division too (one of the Luchas can always float around there too)

My instincts say TJP being in a team would be nice, since he could have a quest for a title he hasn't had, etc. but I don't really feel a natural pairing with him.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

I could see Nese and Dar possibly teaming up
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Sweet Meat

Status

We could always get the dream team of Dariya

Spoiler:

Rusev Day Smod

Status

I still wouldn’t introduce tag team titles.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I still wouldn’t introduce tag team titles.
    Exactly.

When we're struggling to come up with the a 4th team (considering 2 of the 3 teams have faced each other a LOT already since the reboot and they probably need to move away from it soonish), there's not much to gain from doing this. Once you start pairing up random guys to be involved in a makeshift tag team division, you're taking away 2 potential contenders for the CW title. Have tag team matches by all means, the lucha house party/Itami and Tozawa feud has been a big hit on the show, but there's no need to add more belts to 205 Live and no argument about making house show matches feel important if they ever go back on the road and be their own brand is gonna change my mind.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

In agreement at saying nay to tag titles. I like the idea of there being alliances that can help drive feuds on this small roster (and because you can't really go without tag matches), rather than official teams. Put a gun to my head and tell me to create a makeshift one, I'd go with TJP/Drulak. Two technical master dickheads and I don't think TJP loses that much of his offence by cutting out top rope moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Last 205 Live, then I'm all up to date. And just in time for the Gauntlet match too.

- Ali paid a lot of money for that Sub-Zero cosplay and damnit, he's gonna get his money's worth.

Oh man, I forgot how grand Ariya Daivari's theme is. Absolute banger. Good match, although it felt a bit off or mistimed at points. I think Daivari may have suffered the most with the Zo Train being done away with, as he had a well-defined character tied to Enzo that he hasn't been able to repeat in this Post-Enzo 205 Live, but if they're going in the direction of 'entitled rich boy still on his dad's allowance' he teased on Twitter then he's not unsalvageable. At the very least, bring back the shades and the expensive-not-expensive tacky shirts.

- Holy shit those infrequent Buddy Murphy weigh-ins weren't meaningless timekiller. They had meaning! They had stakes! All of it foreshadowing Buddy's eventual failure to hit the weight limit! Oh man, this opens up so many possibilities regarding the designated weight limit. Well, maybe not 'so many' but certainly opens up the creative roads. I want TJP to spike Cedric Alexander's food with weight gain powder to force him off 205 Live for a few weeks, for example.

- I still miss Jack Gallagher wrestling in a suit and tie. Good to have Team Cruel Mercy back, though. For a squash match against local talent this went on for a bit longer than expected, but it wasn't bad anyway so whatev.

- Drew Gulak's politician minivids are absolutely slaughtering everyone else in the best way possible.

- Fantastic tornado tag main event. Got the crowd on board too, which is always nice to see. Dug the in-stereo finish, always gets a pop from me. Would love it if 205 Live's tag titles - if they do end up having them - are always defended under tornado tag rules, make it more unique and fast-paced to suit the brand.

Thread Information