Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 17th, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

SD Live WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 17th, 2018

SmackDown LIVE preview, April 17, 2018: How will the Superstar Shake-up affect Team Blue?
    Night one of the 2018 Superstar Shake-up proved to be momentous, as Team Blue stalwarts like Bobby Roode, Jinder Mahal, Dolph Ziggler and Natalya made their way to Monday nights.

On the flip side, former Intercontinental Champion The Miz was acquired by Commissioner Shane McMahon and General Manager Paige at the behest of former GM Daniel Bryan. Who else will be joining The A-Lister on Tuesdays?

Will Shinsuke Nakamura continue to antagonize AJ Styles?
    Shinsuke Nakamura has unveiled a new side of his eccentric persona in the days following his shocking attack on WWE Champion AJ Styles at WrestleMania. The Rockstar taunted his opponent with a disingenuous apology for the low blow on The Grandest Stage of Them All, then ruined the fantasy match between The Phenomenal One and Daniel Bryan, clobbering The “Yes!” Man with a thunderous Kinshasa and hitting Styles with another heinous low blow.

Will Nakamura continue to torment Styles when he least expects it, or will The Phenomenal One get the payback he’s looking for?

Princess Mella’s reign begins
    Last Tuesday, Carmella stunned the WWE Universe. After the debuting IIconics opened the door for her with a vicious attack on Charlotte Flair, The Princess of Staten Island walked through and cashed in her Money in the Bank contract on the spot. With one boot to the battered Queen’s face, Carmella left New Orleans with the SmackDown Women’s Championship.

Now that she’s on top of the mountain, how will the moon-walking, trash-talking Princess of Staten Island officially kick off her reign? Will The Queen be waiting to dethrone her?

Are The Usos ready for a bludgeoning?
    The Usos defeated The New Day last week to earn a SmackDown Tag Team Championship opportunity against The Bludgeon Brothers at the Greatest Royal Rumble event next Friday. Jimmy & Jey did not have any time to celebrate their victory, as Harper & Rowan arrived to remind them of what awaits in Saudi Arabia, pointing their mighty mallets at their challengers.

The Usos have stated that they are ready to take on the champions, but are they truly prepared to do what it takes to knock off the malicious duo and reclaim their titles?

The Miz returns to Team Blue
    One of the most shocking moments of the first night of the 2018 Superstar Shake-up came when Kurt Angle arrived on “Miz TV” to tell The Awesome One that he would be heading to SmackDown LIVE without The Miztourage.

The A-Lister’s first turn on Team Blue was controversial, as he clashed with John Cena and was a consistent antagonist of then-General Manager Daniel Bryan, who was not cleared to compete at the time. Now, Bryan apparently demanded Miz’s return to SmackDown LIVE. Does he have payback on his mind?

What does the first new arrival to Team Blue have in store? Find out during night two of the 2018 Superstar Shake-up on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 17th, 2018

What if they will still draft Bryan to Raw to keep Miz/Bryan from happening until Wrestlemania?
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    What if they will still draft Bryan to Raw to keep Miz/Bryan from happening until Wrestlemania?
    They would have done it last night if that were the case, I'd imagine

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    That would require Shane's approval, who just specifically did Bryan a favour by getting Miz on Smackdown, so it'd be an utter betra-

Fuck it, it's WWE. Stephanie hated Sami a year ago and just typed an email with a broken arm to get him on Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m so stunned this brand was able to keep at lot of it’s better talent. Charlotte, AJ, Bryan, New Day, Becky, Usos, Shinsuke, etc. Pressure’s on to pad this roster with guys like Hardy, Elias, Finn or Braun, etc and have better booking compared to what we saw after last years shake up. This show has the possibility to get back into gear.

I still can’t believe how much baggage/bad experiments got dumped on Raw.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

There's gotta be another NXT callup tonight? Raw already had a few more to begin with, considering they also added free agent Lashley, and then last night they added Drew to the mix too. I think Smackdown's gotta be getting a male superstar to enhance their talent pool a bit.

Jeff Hardy seems like a given unless they're gonna pull the trigger on Tuesday Night Rollins but I think it makes too much sense to take back the US title and also split Jeff away from his Brok- sorry, Woken Brother. Other than that I'd like to see The Revival like most people have said, and I think getting Finn Balor away from Raw would be a choice decision too. As for call-ups, Almas is obviously a trendy pick, but I've also said Lars seems like an ace call-up and with Corbin headed to Raw, Lars could easily fill his niche as Smackdown's big heel hoss man.

I'll be watching this tonight for more Iconic shenanigans and might put Smackdown on the ol' DVR going forward if they come out of tonight's draft as well as they should.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I was actually planning on watching this but it’s preempted in Canada for the hockey game so I guess I’m SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

If there is an NXT Callup then I would imagine it would be either Almas or Sanity (although Lars is a really solid shout).

Can’t wait to see Road Dogg butcher a fresh batch of talent

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

I'd say Sanity is more likely of a call up then Almas due to the amount of people that have left SD. They get 4 members in one call up to replace the people that left.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

More calculations, Raw now has 15 women (16 with the injured Alicia Fox) while SD has 7 women which includes Lana who barely wrestles, so you can expect 3-4 women to move over tonight as well to strengthen things up even more. Smackdown are totally getting a combination of Asuka, Bayley or Sasha tonight.

Final predictions:
    US Champion Jeff Hardy
    Elias
    Asuka
    Finn Balor w/Gallows and Anderson
    The Revival
    Titus Worldwide including Dana
    Goldust
    Curt Hawkins
    Sonya Deville
    Alicia Fox

It's the Asuka/Bayley/Sasha thing I'm most uncertain on, there's a possibility of all 4HW on one brand but after how one sided in talent last night was I can't see SD having it THAT good. Asuka can't really stay on Raw because right now Nia and Ronda are the two babyfaces you're building up with Ember as well, can't push 4 babyfaces at the same time. Asuka can't go the year without fighting Charlotte again either.

Elias actually feels like a complete lock to move over because they stocked Raw with every SD heel midcarder to the point where they don't have anyone now except Rusev who doesn't get boo'd. He's someone who could be elevated by the move too.

I would much rather SD holds off on the Sanity callup for a while because the show already feels fresh and maybe it's better to hold off until things get stale again just after Summerslam.

Sweet Meat

Status

It's important to remember that RAW essentially has an extra two hours on Smackdown with the extra hour and Main Event. (They really need Superstars when 205 moves to tapings). So their roster is, and SHOULD be smaller.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Internet Favorite

Status

AJ Styles staying on Smackdown is a brilliant move. He is the Taker/Edge of Smackdown. I predicted AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE title for WM35 but they ended up giving that right away on Smackdown. None of them ended up on Raw so they shouldn’t have wasted that match on Smackdown. At least it ended in a no contest so hopefully we get to see this again at a ppv.

With so much dead weight off Smackdown, their roster will improve with great additions from Raw. Surprised that The Usos/New Day remained on Smackdown.

I wanted to see Paige remain as a manager and not become a GM. Hope she does well as Smackdown GM.

I didn’t want Carmella to cash in at WM especially if it was against Asuka. Now looking back at it, probably was the right move for Charlotte to end the streak. Carmella cashing in on Charlotte last week on Smackdown was a brilliant move. Don’t know who the Iconic Duo are but it was a good way for them to debut on Smackdown. It was annoying how the ref was acting but very happy for Carmella. She seems legit so happy and her celebration, post match interview was great.

The Miz is a perfect fit for Smackdown and he’s got a ready made feud with Bryan. They are going to face each other on the UK tour. Miz is likely to get better main event opportunities on Smackdown. Glad that The Miztourage remained on Raw, funny betrayal. Miz is better off without them.

My predictions for the Smackdown picks

Jeff Hardy(hope it’s Rollins instead), Finn Balor, Asuka, Elias, Big Cass, The Revival, Anderson & Gallows, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville and an NXT star.

Last edited by Kintaro; 04-17-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I don't think they've spoiled a WrestleMania Bryan/Styles match. It's not like they blew their load and spammed finishers in that match, they held a lot back. It was, what, 10 minutes? Keeping them on the same roster and booking them apart for a year seems like an exhausting effort. For example:

I wouldn't mind them trading a couple victories first. Bryan's returned and showing he's still a great wrestler, but there's doubts he can keep up with the new ace, Styles. Has Bryan lost just enough step that he's no longer the Best In The World? Or is AJ now better than Bryan ever was? At Summerslam, Bryan loses his first match back to AJ, beginning the doubts. A later PPV like Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble, Bryan gets his win back but with a surprise Small Package for the clean, yet inconclusive victory. At WrestleMania they meet to break the tie and Bryan wins, cementing his return to the top of the mountain a year on from being cleared to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Styles vs Bryan didn't even have a proper ending. They can do this again at the next PPV and it'll still be a fresh and exciting match.

Stoked to find out who is heading to the SD now all the dead weight is gone. Please let it be the Revival.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I don't think they've spoiled a WrestleMania Bryan/Styles match. It's not like they blew their load and spammed finishers in that match, they held a lot back. It was, what, 10 minutes? Keeping them on the same roster and booking them apart for a year seems like an exhausting effort. For example:
    I think people forget or don't realize matches like Cena/Punk happened on TV the same year prior to their big PPV match. Now, I'm not saying it SHOULD happen, just that it doesn't necessarily hurt their PPV match when it does.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Sweet Meat

Status

pleasenoroman
    pleasenoroman
    pleasenoroman

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I like to think Aiden finally saw Hamilton and that’s why he’s rapping so much.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Rusev Day!!! Rusev vs AJ tonight?? Coool
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

tag team match playa

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

The dream team.

Thread Information