Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 16th, 2018

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - April 16th, 2018

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">EXCLUSIVE: IT'S TIME. <a href="https://twitter.com/WWEGable?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WWEGable</a> is coming to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RAW?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RAW</a> as a SINGLES competitor! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperstarShakeup?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperstarShakeup</a> <a href="https://t.co/aJAqNEAyOF">pic.twitter.com/aJAqNEAyOF</a></p>— WWE (@WWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE/status/986084801558925312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can dig this.
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Gable is Raw's best pickup based on potential to be a true star going forward. Sucks that Shelton and Gable are breaking up, but Gable vs Jordan is a legit feud that people might want to see.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

you lot have a lot more faith in raw using gable than i do

if youre gonna break him off from shelton just put him on 205

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    you lot have a lot more faith in raw using gable than i do

if youre gonna break him off from shelton just put him on 205
    Yeah that was my thinking too. I know the cruiserweights are not as attached to Raw like they used to be since Trips took over but hopefully Gable finds his way over there.

Status

Death to all tag teams.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

The EST of WC

Status

Also Ed is correct about Paige being a master negotiator. 19 people moved to Raw and absolutely none of them will be missed, meanwhile we actually will get Bryan/Miz at some point

Very surprised that the usos or New Day didn’t move though. However we will probably see the Revival move across which would help a ton.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Apparently I was wrong about them building up Raw to be a stacked show with these moves. Sami, KO, & Gable were probably the only ones I'd want. Maybe Sunil. Gable's gonna have it tough.

Dolph's entrance & the deflation of the crowd at him was awesome. Drew was the one that got a reaction, let's see how this goes. Hopefully we can get a Heath/Jinder/Drew reunion and they can get pushed at their proper level as 3MB.

Wish we could have seen more from Lashley these last two weeks.

The Bar losing to a 10 year old & now Fashion Police. Poor Cesaro.

The commentary was absolutely awful this whole show. I hope Coach gets drafted to Main Event.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Makes me concerned for Smackdown tonight. If Raw usually gets the better of these things and that's what they got, I half expect the sum of Smackdown acquisitions to be The Miz and Curt Hawkins

Also, great to see my man Drew back on the main roster.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

GUYS. Drew recalled back up to Raw, Jinder no longer forced to main event and traded to Raw, and Heath's still kicking around? GIMMIE A COUNTDOWN TO A 3MB REUNION BAYBEE

Poor Miz. The second he found some friends he's kicked away to Smackdown. And I was really looking forward to more smarmy dick friendships between him, Sami, & Kevin. Wonder where this leaves Curtis & Bo, can't really be a Miztourage without Miz. Probs ditch the name and just be a low-card jobber team as per usual but I'd love it if they just dragged around a cardboard cutout of the Miz and tried to copy his inspirational ways.

Breezango on Raw, bummer. I'm only able to watch the Smackdown and 205 shows live so I'll be bummed about not being able to watch Tyler & Dango pretty up my screen in the LDs, but at least with Raw being three hours they might have some time to spare for some Fashion Files.Plus it's just right they start off their Raw tenure against the most fashion-afflicted team on the red brand.

So, to recap, Raw's gotten:
    - Jinder Mahal (and assumingly Singh #2, plus Singh #1 when he's healed)
    - Riott Squad
    - Kevin Owens
    - Sami Zayn
    - Zack Ryder (finally getting him away from Mojo)
    - Fashion Police (MAH BOIS)
    - Natalya
    - Dolph Ziggler
    - Drew McIntyre (did not see his recall going in this direction, but hey the dude's back on Raw, huzzah)
    - Baron Corbin
    - The Ascension (MAH BOIS x2)
    - Bobby Roode
    - Mojo Rawley (spoke too soon with the Ryder comment)
    - Mike Kanellis
    - Chad Gable (Probably gonna get a month of Raw excellence before getting quietly snatched up by 205 Live)

Not including Singh #1 and Singh #2, that's nineteen superstars, 90% of Smackdown's midcard, and I'll only miss like six of them, seven tops.

Guessing that Smackdown gets:
    - Miz (I know it's a longshot but trust me I got a feeling about it)
    - Either Jeff Hardy or Seth Rollins, but not both (unfortunately)
    - Finn Balor
    - The Revival
    - Elias
    - Curt Hawkins
    - Absolution
    - Sanity
    - Dean Ambrose?
    - Idk I didn't think any further than this.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 04-17-2018 at 06:51 AM.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

So I just counted and Raw now has 12 (TWELVE) tag teams while SD has 4. I expect the majority of SD moves tonight to be tag teams of the club, revival, slater and rhyno type.

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    So I just counted and Raw now has 12 (TWELVE) tag teams while SD has 4. I expect the majority of SD moves tonight to be tag teams of the club, revival, slater and rhyno type.
    In that case the Bar and the revival should both be moving over which should be great. The tag titles revolving around the usos, New Day, The Bar and the revival would make for some great matches across the year.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Jeff move across now (or Rollins) maybe Balor too. Would love it if Strowman moved across, just to give me even less of a reason to watch raw

Status

So far it seems Smackdown killed it in the wake-up and RAW killed it in the post mania-Call ups. It's called balance.

I see Jeff Hardy going to Smackdown.

#Fitzmajic

Rusev Day

Status

Great night for SmackDown as I genuinely won’t miss one of them acts from Tuesday although I am intrigued by Gable and the team of Ziggler and McIntyre.

Fully expect Almas tonight on SmackDown as their NXT call up.

Top of SD could have Styles, Bryan, Nakamura, Miz, Almas, Rollins and Orton which looks pretty damn entertaining to me. There seems like space for Rusev to be pushed as well. Plus I wouldn’t rule out Balor or Strowman going over.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

One word of caution is that we all thought SD got the better of Raw last year on paper and then the shitty booking made it the weaker brand very quickly.

Its not like they’ve been used at all recently, but 19 guys moving over to raw just feels like the end of seeing Cruiserweights on Raw.

Brick Shithouse

Status

If I'm WWE, I book Miz back to the main event, win the title (lord knows he deserves it for the last few years) and run Bryan Vs Miz at a big ppv.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

When you see Smackdown draft Cedric Alexander only to realise Chad Gable just left the blue brand.

I can see Almas definitely making the step up as the midcard heel of Smackdown over the next few months. Nakamura and Miz can't do it all.

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    One word of caution is that we all thought SD got the better of Raw last year on paper and then the shitty booking made it the weaker brand very quickly.

Its not like they’ve been used at all recently, but 19 guys moving over to raw just feels like the end of seeing Cruiserweights on Raw.
    It’s quite telling just how bad the booking really was if so many guys can leave and not leave a single hole.

Yeah I reckon Triple H will want to run 205 as a separate show going forward, which is something I’m fully on board with. Can’t say I’ll missed the random 8 man tags. I’m interested to see how the work around PPV matches though. With dual branded PPVs returning the chances are that only the CW title will make the shows month in month out (and even then it’s not guaranteed). I guess we may see a similar thing done in NXT where once a month they have a ‘super show’ to fill the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    If I'm WWE, I book Miz back to the main event, win the title (lord knows he deserves it for the last few years) and run Bryan Vs Miz at a big ppv.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Honestly the dude 100% deserves a 2nd chance at a world title run. He’s definitely earned it.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Finally caught up with Raw and as expected it's rather dis-jointed whilst we get the err shake up. I think there's been too much change in fairness. I know a lot of the moves are more lower tier guys but it feels too much...unless unlike last year this is going to be the only one they do so we have a year to see things develop.

Out of the two mid-card title holders I can see it being Jeff that goes over to SD instead of Rollins. Balor Club will more than likely go over, so will a handful of women. Wouldn't like to guess at anything else at this point as I only expected a handful of changes each way haha.

Things will start to fall into place from next week which will be much better in my eyes.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Scumbag Role Model

Status

This is definitely the best opportunity for the Miz to be in the world title picture since the brand split. I can’t see anyone else carry the most weight out of all the heels aside from the Miz.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status

I don’t like how they do the roster shake up. I prefer a draft lottery or matches to determine draft picks. So much deadweight off Smackdown. 19 stars moved to Raw. Don’t miss none of them. Good to see Miz going back to Smackdown.

Good to see Lashley back. I liked him in his first WWE run. Expecting Lashley to get a huge push. Hope he remains on Raw. They will probably do Lashley vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Owens and Zayn should do well on Raw. Glad that Corbin and Mahal are off Smackdown so most likely they won’t be main eventing on Raw. Jinder will probably feud with Angle at some point. Maybe Jinder shows an old clip of Angle’s first ever WWE appearance. Jinder’s furious how Angle disrespected the Indian flag.

I’d like to see Bray and Matt Hardy becoming the new tag champs. Interesting to see Bray as a face. He was long overdue a face run. As for the Revival, they really need to go to Smackdown.

Jeff Hardy has pretty much won almost every title now that he’s the new US Champ. Hope Mahal doesn’t win it back.

Drew McIntyre is back. Maybe a 3MB reunion. Disappointing they’re putting him with Ziggler but they could end up being a good team.

Bobby Roode is a good addition to Raw. Chad Gable to Raw is interesting but I think he’ll end up on 205 LIVE.

The new arrivals from NXT on the roster. Don’t know No Way Jose but he’ll probably end up as a lower midcarder. Heard good things about AOP and Ember Moon. AOP if they remain on Raw will dominate the tag division. Surprised that they ditched Paul Ellering. He should go to Smackdown to become the mouthpiece for Nakamura.

Love Ember Moon’s finisher. It’s one of my fave current finishers. Epic sell by Mickie James. Riott Squad are now on Raw so Absolution will probably end up on Smackdown.

Thread Information