Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 30 Days of: Dolph Ziggler

Brick Shithouse

Status

Re: 30 Days of: Dolph Ziggler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSlSFq3IGf0

Bonus Match

AJ Styles vs. Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena – WWE SmackDown, 26th July 2016

From the first post-draft SmackDown, where the winner of this match becomes the number one contender to the WWE Championship at Summerslam. I did like that this was the main event of this show because it felt like they were showing that SmackDown - despite its thin roster following the draft - was going to new directions. And the nice blend of big names, veterans and up-and-comers.

This was a fine main event match but it was a total spot fest and is very basic in its structure and it’s just a combination of one-on-one matches with very few spots involving more than two people. That’s bad enough in triple threat matches, but when there’s six people in the match and four of them are just having a snooze on the outside its very distracting. Plus the flow of the match is killed by commercial breaks. There’s one in the first thirty seconds of the match and we rejoin without ever getting a beginning. Then the second commercial and they just return with a double tower of doom spot. Ziggler himself contributed less than anyone in this match (except Cena who nothing in the whole match until he starts hitting everyone with AAs at the end). Ziggler’s offence, once again, looks awful as does him bouncing around the ring even when he’s not taking any moves. Just awful. These Ziggler performances around 2016 and 2017 are quite painful to watch and it's easy to see he's become a caricature of himself.

At the time this win was out of nowhere, and as Postman Dave said, Ziggler was a bizarre choice if they weren’t going to do anything with him. All it served to do was help set up the Miz match at No Mercy – not really a great match for a Summerslam championship match. Though looking back there’s been a few odd matches like that, Great Khali vs Triple H comes to mind. Not only that, but because Ziggler didn’t contribute anything to the match, it didn’t feel like he earned his spot in the main event of Summerslam. Based on how the match was structured, Baron Corbin of all people probably would have been a better choice because at least he dominated the match.

**1/2

Tomorrow, Ziggler actually steals the show for once in this ladder match.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I can’t believe people were trying to give Ziggler the benefit that he was doing good work during this build. I never saw it until after.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Ziggler vs Harper time
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Brick Shithouse

Status

Day 16:

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Luke Harper (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler – WWE Tables Ladders & Chairs & Stairs 2014

After the memorable win at Survivor Series 2014, Ziggler was right into the Intercontinental Title picture once again. This match was exactly what you would from hearing about this match. It’s Harper beating the holy fuck out of Ziggler and Ziggler bouncing around like a pinball for Harper. Harper wrestles exactly like somebody who doesn’t have a clue what he’s going to do next except that he wants to hurt people. And I love that. I think the idea of a mindless monster who just wants to hurt people is so simple but it works so well in wrestling.

In WWE history, I don’t think there’s been a ladder match that’s as brutal as this. Every spot, even the seemingly smaller ones, look and feel painful. Not only that but every spot makes sense as well and nothing comes across as contrived. The highlight spot comes early into the match with Harper doing a suicide dive and only catching a ladder for his troubles. It's an incredible spot that is one of my favourites in a ladder match. In my countdown for the best WWE matches of the decade, this match finished number 75 and I described this as a horror film with Ziggler featuring as the final girl. Ziggler’s desperation selling was much better than usual here because he felt like he was fighting for his life. Much like Christian vs Shelton Benjamin from 2009 there’s even a blood stoppage, but this time it doesn’t hurt the match because they improvise a lot better. I think the leniency on the blood stoppages certainly helped though.

Anyway, this match is brilliant, one of the best ladder matches of the last five years.

Despite this match stealing the show here, and the Survivor Series win the month before, this was really the last moment of relevance for Ziggler for nearly two years. He would be fired by the Authority shortly afterwards, rehired with little build up, and then was a victim of the horrendous 2015 Royal Rumble. Enjoy this for the last time when Ziggler felt like he might be a big star.

Maybe if Ziggler didn’t want to lose to Randy Orton so many times, he shouldn’t take such a great RKO ...

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

What a fantastic match. I thought for sure this was going to be Luke Harper’s coming out party.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Villian

Status

Just don't get why they teased this singles run for Harper where he proved on numerous occasions he had potenial to be one of the big stars for a brand only to put him back into a team with Rowan. Hope to see his run restart soon enough.

Rusev Day

Status

Yeah this was one hell of a Ladder Match and one I regularly re-watch as I love it so much. Felt like they were really going to try and do something with Ziggler off the back of this and then as always they didn't.

Harper really is another example of someone who could have had a much bigger role to play in the last few years as a singles act. Hell if you'd have put him in place of Bray Wyatt the feuds would have been much, much better.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

I believe the problem with Harper is that they saw him as Bray Wyatt sidekick while he is way more talented than he is.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Shame this is the only level of success that Harper had as a singles competitor. He is very talented
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Is this dead? Shame
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Thread Information