Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Worst Match Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

2018 Worst Match Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

What match to you has been the absolute worst? I think I have an idea of one right now. Let’s talk bad wrestling, which is usually my favorite thing to do!

Past winners include:

2006 - The Boogeyman vs Booker T & Sharmell - Wrestlemania 22
    2007 - John Cena vs The Great Khali - Judgment Day
    2008 - Santino Marella vs The Honky Tonk Man - Cyber Sunday
    2009 - Jenna Morasca vs Sharmell - Victory Road
    2010 - Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon - No Holds Barred Match - Wrestlemania 26
    2011 - Jeff Hardy vs Sting - Victory Road
    2012 - John Cena vs John Laurinaitis - Over the Limit
    2013 - Bray Wyatt vs Kane - Ring Of Fire Match - Summerslam
    2014 - Cameron vs Naomi - Raw(September 15)
    2015 - Ryback vs Dolph Ziggler vs Mark Henry vs King Barrett vs R-Truth vs Sheamus - Elimination Chamber Match - Elimination Chamber
    2016 - Triple H Vs Roman Reigns - Wrestlemania 32
    2017 - Bray Wyatt Vs Randy Orton - Wrestlemania 33
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Re: 2018 Worst Match Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Wrestlemania looking for that threepeat.

Taptalmatic

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Right now I'm looking at Reigns vs. Lesnar. It will be difficult for any other match to top this.

#WC4Horsemen

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

This is going to seem like I'm trolling, but I'm hesitant to put my weight behind a Roman/Brock nomination when Naito/Okada has the exact same problem with a horrible booking decision to ignore a years build, has the exact same problem by ultimately being about finishers and surviving them to the point where they don't mean anything anymore, and the big difference is Naito/Okada has about 25 minutes of filler before they get to anything exciting. Quite honestly I'd sooner watch Roman/Brock again before I watched Naito/Okada again and at that point I can't truthfully say Roman/Brock is the #1 worst match.

To me, the Elimination Chamber feels like an even worse match from WWE this year because it was 39 minutes of building up Braun as a monster who eliminated everyone but the big dog, and then 1 minute of Roman undoing that by pinning him because he has to win because it's mania time. The match was wrestled as such a snails pace and was so dull and ultimately is 40 pointless minutes because Braun was built up to win the tag team titles with a child and Roman was the winner just to lose to Brock. Actually on the same show there's a garbage Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt match which is them doing a straight singles match for 10 minutes.

Something less high profile that I know a few people here have seen was Yano Vs Davey Boy Smith in the NJ Cup for what felt like an entirety.

I still have Marty/Dalton to watch but apparently that's bad.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar or Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville and Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James, Sasha Banks and Bayley from the Raw 19/02 are two of the worst matches this year. Both weren't enjoyable to watch at all, just awful. In fact, a lot of matches involving Absolution could be in this match.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Marty/Dalton fucking sucked dog shit. Coincidentally also having Roman/Lesnar or Okada/Naito syndrome.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Reigns Vs Lesnar is one of the worst matches I've ever seen. The work, the botches, the fact that it retrospectively made everyone involved and everyone who had feuded with Lesnar look bad. How many matches can you think of made so many people look like shit? It's an all time crap match and is easily the worst for me.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm cool. I think

Status

I have cena/Taker up there. what was thought of as a freaking dream match was reduced to a squash match because wwe felt like they HAD to put a streak match on. Taker didn't look like he wanted to be there and even the build showed that.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I've seen a pair of matches to me that are to me some of the worst I've ever seen in any ring ever including ASW and they're both in AAA. A zillion times worse than Lesnar/Reigns. The 30 minute La Parka/Pagano vs Dave the Clown/Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr. was an insult even to backyard wrestling.

Of the main wrestling companies there's a lot of bad but I'm sure the true worst probably came from Smackdown.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

A beautiful rose has thorns~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    I have cena/Taker up there. what was thought of as a freaking dream match was reduced to a squash match because wwe felt like they HAD to put a streak match on. Taker didn't look like he wanted to be there and even the build showed that.
    What streak? That 0-1 streak he was on?

Spoiler:

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Even when talking about wrestling Gip gets buried. My choice is either Roman/Lesnar or Naito/Okada. Both just awful for every reason possible.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Ultimate Deletion Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt. I always like to preted that it is real even with Undead Demons and this was just like when I found out Jesus is not real
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

THE MAN

Status

Is it fair to say that Wrestlemania 34 is WWE's Starcade 1997?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Is it fair to say that Wrestlemania 34 is WWE's Starcade 1997?
    No, not by a long shot. What made Starrcade so bad is that it was the easiest thing in the world to book and they got too clever and changed it up and threw away a huge money making storyline and killed Sting's drawing power from there.

Reigns Vs Lesnar was a long time storyline but it never had even a tenth of the anticipation of Sting Vs Hogan, and Reigns was nowhere near as popular as Sting was. Going into Wrestlemania it wasn't even one of the most anticipated matches of that card.

I can see the comparison based on the long term booking, but Starrcade 97 is an all time horrendous booking choice. Wrestlemania 34 was a bad booking decision but isn't likely to be in a Death of WWE book one day as the company will keep ticking on.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Not to mention you didn't have Kevin Nash no showing the biggest PPV of the year to avoid losing.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    No, not by a long shot. What made Starrcade so bad is that it was the easiest thing in the world to book and they got too clever and changed it up and threw away a huge money making storyline and killed Sting's drawing power from there.

Reigns Vs Lesnar was a long time storyline but it never had even a tenth of the anticipation of Sting Vs Hogan, and Reigns was nowhere near as popular as Sting was. Going into Wrestlemania it wasn't even one of the most anticipated matches of that card.

I can see the comparison based on the long term booking, but Starrcade 97 is an all time horrendous booking choice. Wrestlemania 34 was a bad booking decision but isn't likely to be in a Death of WWE book one day as the company will keep ticking on.

That's fair enough. It certainly wasn't the most anticipated match of the year from the fan perspective, but it was meant to be the biggest and essentially a year of Raw booking was flushed down the toilet by continuing to keep the title on the walking heart attack waiting to happen who cares more about UFC rather than put it on one of about 4 wrestlers.

WWE is in such great shape that one booking decision isn't going to come close to killing them, but I think it was the assassination of Roman Reigns and his chances of ever being 'the guy'.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Not to mention you didn't have Kevin Nash no showing the biggest PPV of the year to avoid losing.
    Just to clarify I was only referring to the main events of the shows as a comparison, not the events.

---

A new nominee came on my radar today when I finally watched Supercard of Honor and Kenny Vs Cody. One of the biggest rivalries in the world and a feud I've praised for character work and they started the match with a lockup and leapfrog sequences, big contrast to the Ciampa/Gargano match happening at the same time. The match was way too long, featured Kenny diving into a bear, Brandi getting a V-Trigger off the apron into the table, ref bumps and the Bucks doing the worst acting ever where they pretended to be conflicted over who they were going to superkick, went for Cody but hit Kenny by accident and then watched in horror, eyes wide and hands covering their open mouths as Cody pins the presumably dead Kenny Omega to the slowest ref count of the night even though the superkick has been neutered by the bucks to the point where it isn't a finishing move. It was the biggest load of melodramatic tosh that I've seen all year and that's including the Golden Lovers Vs Bucks tag match and the WHERE'S YOUR HEART CW title match.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Ed made a very good shout with the Chamber match, I had erased that awfulness from my memory.

Reigns/Brock has to take the cake right now though, simply because it was the marquee match at Wrestlemania and they got pretty much everything wrong with it.They spent an entire year throwing everyone else under the bus because they already penciled in Brock/Roman and when it came to the night we had to sit through a pretty awful match after 6 straight hours of wrestling and in the end Brock won, basically meaning that the last year was an absolute waste and guys like Finn, Joe & Braun had been shoved to the side for absolutely no reason.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Man, Banks versus Sexsmith was a fucking nightmare
    -------
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Man, Banks versus Sexsmith was a fucking nightmare
    I hated it. Trav And progress booking At its worst.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Yes. Yes. Banks vs Sexsmith is prime candidate for this award.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information