Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE: Road to Reality

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    England

WWE: Road to Reality

MalWinters presents WWE: Road to Reality

I never wanted to do a BTB before I joined WrestlingClique but now I want to give it a try. If it is a massive failure then I'll know that I am no good at this stuff. Any criticism or advice will be welcomed as this my first attempt at doing a BTB.

The direct inspiration for this BTB comes from keefmoon's Road to Competence and BigPapa's Empire. As such it will not be extremely detailed although I should be able to get over the point I am trying to make.

What is it?
    I will be booking WWE from 2006, immediately following Wrestlemania 22

Why WWE?

I never watched ECW and only saw the death knell of WCW as I only started watching wrestling at the tail end of 1999. So I had only the WWF to watch at the time. I enjoyed it for the next three years, stopping for ten months from October 2003 to August 2004. I was drawn back by my friend Rhys who invited me to watch Summerslam 2004. I haven't stopped watching since then aside from circumstances forced me to

Why 2006?
    The period that held my interest the most was the year 2006 and so that will be my starting year.

It also gives me the chance to book CM Punk from debut and stop the needless constant world title changes from 2009 onwards

What's with the title?

The end game is to reach 2018 and book Wrestlemania 34. However this is far and away in the future and the main target right now is Wrestlemania 25.

For the format, I'm going to borrow from BigPapa and keefmoon as I find that I am drawn more to summarizing the events rather then detailing every single thing on the show. I am also very lazy. I'll be doing something similar to the "Road to PPV" entries from The Road to Competence

Rules

1. An attempted balance between reality and fantasy, although certain wrestlers might get an earlier push than they did in real life

2. Incoming talent will be decided by when they actually debuted in the WWE or signed a developmental contract, depending on who they are. This unfortunately means most of the current modern day wrestlers can't be used until after my initial final target

3. Outgoing talent will be decided by what happens good or bad

4. All talent that die will wrestle until the show nearest their death date, outside of Chris Benoit who is going to be instantly removed due to the circumstances surrounding his death.

That's it. Hopefully somebody finds this interesting and it doesn't go unnoticed like I suspect it will.

I will be back once I have written "The Road to Backlash"

Squash Fodder

Status

Re: WWE: Road to Reality

Road to Backlash 2006

On the first RAW following Wrestlemania, Vince McMahon announced that going forward, the MITB contract would be a guaranteed title shot at Summerslam rather than a cash in at any time title shot. He did add however that the holder must defend the contracted title shot at least twice during the period between Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

Carlito
    and Chris Master split up their team following their loss against Show and Kane at Wrestlemania 22 and Masters blamed Carlito for the loss, attacking him. This led to a match between the two being booked for Backlash to settle their differences

The Spirit Squad surprised Kane and Big Show for the tag belts on the April 10th edition of RAW which set up a rematch for the World Tag Team Championships at Backlash

Trish Stratus successfully attempted to get an instant rematch for the Womens Championship but Mickie James cheated to retain the belt. The following week, Victoria defeated Stratus to become the Number One Contender to the Womens title to Stratus’s distress

Ric Flair cut a blistering promo about losing the ladder match at Wrestlemania and confirmed his belief that he could beat RVD in a standard wrestling match. He immediately issued said challenge, reminding RVD that to be the man, you got to beat the man.

RVD responded the following week and accepted the challenge, putting the MITB briefcase with his Summerslam title shot inside on the line

Shawn Michaels continued his feud with Vince McMahon as McMahon tried to break his spirit. McMahon would put Michaels in several handicap matches through April before booking Michaels in one last handicap match at Backlash, against himself and his son Shane.

However, Michaels would be able to goad Vince into putting control of RAW on the line

A Samoan monster, Umaga debuted following Wrestlemania 22, destroying several jobbers. His brutal post match beat downs draw the ire of commentator Jerry Lawler who challenged him to a match at Backlash. Armando Estrada accepted for his client

The WWE Title situation is heating up as champion John Cena has his hands full with Triple H, Edge and Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin looking for a chance at the title. The numerous brawls over the four week periods led to Vince booking a tag match for Backlash with Cena and Benjamin teaming against Edge and Triple H

Backlash 2006 card

Chris Masters vs. Carlito

World Tag Team Championship: The Spirit Squad (c) vs. Kane and Big Show

Womens Championship: Mickie James (c) vs. Victoria

MITB Contract Match: RVD (c) vs. Ric Flair

Handicap Match for Control of RAW: The McMahons vs. Shawn Michaels

Umaga vs. Jerry Lawler

WWE Champion John Cena and Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge and Triple H
    Last edited by SuperSupremeMal; 04-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

Just a few comments:

I liked how quick and simple the post was. Four weeks of build-up to Backlash was easy to read. As for the card itself, there are a few intriguing match-ups. Masters/Lito is interesting for the undercard and which ever one wins i expect a nice push to follow. Love the idea of the handicap match between The McMahons and HBK. However the two matches Im slightly bothered by is Umaga/Lawler and the main event tag team match.

First with Umaga and Lawler, it just felt odd/out of place that Lawler would want to challenge Umaga. Also i would much prefer the tag team match been a fatal fourway match. Seems odd that the title wouldnt be defended.

Good luck with this. Ill be reading

-ICONIC-

Underdog

Status
      Country                    Europe

Hey, this looks familiar!

Obviously I like the style of summarising the events, so I'm keen to see where you go with this. It was around this time my fandom went from "all wrestling, all the time" to "wrestling's kinda cool, I guess", so any changes you make to keep things interesting would get a thumbs up from me.

The card looks interesting. I know the difficulties with booking a first "Road to..." and that it's hard to put your stamp on it, but I'd like to know a little bit more about each of the feuds. At the moment it's a lot of "X wants the belt" or "X wants a match" or "X won a title shot", which is fine, but for this to really take off it could use some moments we can invest in.

But obviously it's early days and will take some time to get your stamp on it, so I'll stick with it and see where you go! Good luck!

Squash Fodder

Status

Backlash 2006

Grudge Match: Carlito vs. Chris Masters

What looked like it was going to be a boring match on paper was surprisingly good as despite Masters slowing the match down with several rest holds as he looked to weaken Carlito before attempting to lock in the Masterlock, Carlito was countering every thing and showing his own wrestling ability as the match progressed.

Carlito would escape an attempted Masterlock and spin Masters round, hitting the Backstabber for the three count after nine minutes

World Tag Team Championship – The Spirit Squad (c) defend against Big Show and Kane

The five male cheerleaders put Kenny and Nicky forward for this match to defend the belts against Show and Kane with Kane just batting Nicky around like a ball until Kane turned on his partner, nailing Big Show with a Chokeslam before leaving. Kenny then takes advantage to hit a Leg Drop to get the pin, win the match and retain the World Tag belts in ten minutes

Womens Championship – Mickie James (c) defends against Victoria

Mickie was at her psychotic best during this match having toned down the perverted antics to prove that she could wrestle against Victoria in a fantastic Womens match which showed some of the female roster of the WWE were actually good wrestlers. Victoria dominated for a couple of minutes in the middle stretch of the match before Mickie countered an attempted snap Suplex with one of her own.

Mickie would then leave the ring and head up the ramp, attempting to get intentionally counted out but Victoria would have none of it as she chased down the champ and blasted her in the back with a vicious lariat.

The two women would then brawl on the ramp, forgetting about the referee as he reached a ten count and declared a double count out, ending the match in a draw which meant that Mickie retained the Womens title. Victoria was apoplectic with rage following the match as Mickie hugs her title close as she walked away up the ramp

MITB Contract Match – RVD vs. Ric Flair

Ric Flair revived a crowd deflated from the non-finish of the previous match and proved he could still go during this match, going for twenty one minutes as he bumped around like a boss for RVD and his kick based offence before Van Dam put him away with a Five Star Frog Splash to retain his briefcase

Control of RAW – Shawn Michaels vs. Vince and Shane McMahon

This match was a bloody war as Shawn Michaels was busted open early on and he fought from the underneath from that point on as Vince and Shane dominated a weakened Michaels before he got a roll up on Shane to win the match and get control of RAW.

Shawn would lead the WWE fans into a goodbye chant following the match, further humiliating the McMahons

Umaga vs. Jerry Lawler

Umaga just treated Lawler like a jobber as he destroyed the legendary superstar before ending the match with a Samoan Spike after four minutes. Lawler is taken off on a stretcher following the match as Armando Estrada warns the RAW Roster that this is just the start of his monster's reign of dominance

Shock appearance by Mick Foley as he joined Jim Ross and Joey Styles on commentary for the final match of the show due to injuries suffered by Jerry Lawler

WWE Champion John Cena and Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. Triple H and Edge

With neither tit
    le on the line, this seemed like it would be a nothing match, but all four men gave it their all. Shelton Benjamin proved he could hang in there with main event level stars but ultimately the heels prevailed after Edge nailed Benjamin with a Spear after twenty four minutes

Post match Edge briefly celebrated in the ring with Lita before Triple H attacked him and nailed him with a Pedigree. He then turned into an Exploder Suplex from Benjamin. There was then a tease of Cena nailing Benjamin with an F-U but it didn’t happen as the faces close out the show celebrating with the four way feud looking set to continue.

---------------------------

Phew!!!! My first show is now in books and any feedback is welcome.

Next up, The Road to Judgment Day

Squash Fodder

Status

A change in format, putting the main event at the top of the build up as some events wouldn't make sense in the previous order

Road to Judgment Day 2006

On April 7, Rey Mysterio held a celebration of his title win, thanking the fans for their help before he gets interrupted by Kurt Angle who asks for his rematch, given that he was not pinned during the title match. Mysterio agrees and puts the title on the line on April 14 but Randy Orton interferes, dropping Angle with an RKO to cause a disqualification. On April 21 Kurt Angle loses in a surprising way to rookie CM Punk which draws his attention away from the world title.

Randy Orton makes it clear with an RKO to the World Champion on April 28 that he believes he deserves a title match and Mysterio puts the title on the line against Orton on May 5. The match gets thrown out as it breaks down into little more than a brawl around ringside. The following week on May 12, Randy Orton cuts a promo implying that Rey is not a fighting champion and would rather coast as the world champion. Rey responds strongly that Orton is nothing more than a bully but still promises to put the World Heavyweight Championship on the line at Judgment Day, to prove that he is the better man

Kurt Angle would receive a world title rematch on April 14 but Randy Orton interfered, drawing the DQ. On April 21, Angle was in the middle of an interview when sarcastic clapping was heard from behind him as CM Punk made his WWE debut. Angle was extremely irritated by this show of arrogance and challenged Punk to a match later that same night. Punk would defeat Angle with a roll up, which shocked the Olympian.

On April 28, CM Punk cuts a fantastic promo, putting himself over as a world beater, having defeated a world champion in his first match in the WWE. He gets interrupted by Angle who says that a lucky roll up means nothing and that if he got another chance, then Angle would show Punk exactly what it means to fight a Wrestling Machine so Punk challenges Angle to a rematch at Judgment Day. Angle immediately accepts the challenge and says that he is looking forward to it.

Chris Benoit and JBL looked set to continue their feud over the United States title as they faced off on April 7 but Chris Benoit suffered a horrific injury to his neck during the match which was then immediately called off by the referee and even JBL, who was heel, looked extremely worried about Benoit. However, next week it was announced by Teddy Long that Benoit would be retiring from in ring action indefinitely.

JBL himself would cut a promo the following week on April 21, bragging about ending the vaunted career of the Rabid Wolverine that was immediately interrupted by a long time rival of Benoit in Booker T who cut his own promo, saying that he was sickened by JBL’s happiness over the end of the career of a fellow wrestler and that he didn’t deserve that US Title.

JBL would however, deny Booker T the right to challenge him instead telling him that he had to earn it. Booker T would do just that by defeating Matt Hardy, Finlay and Bobby Lashley in a Fatal Four Way to become the number one contender to the US Title on May 5. He was immediately attacked from behind by JBL and left out cold. JBL promised that he would come to regret his decision and that it would be Booker T’s Judgment Day on May 21

Mark Henry wanted revenge for his loss at Wrestlemania 22 and demanded a Wrestlemania rematch on April 7. He got the rematch on April 14 but the referee awarded a disqualification win to Undertaker after Henry refused to stop beating him up in the corner. Henry responded by nailing the referee with a World’s Strongest Slam and then hitting Taker with a Splash

The following week Henry squashed a jobber but on April 28 was confronted once again by the Undertaker who dominated the exchange, nailing Henry with a Tombstone. On May 5, Teddy Long would approach Henry in the locker room telling him that The Undertaker had challenged him to a No Holds Barred Match at Judgment Day. Henry would smirk, before accepting the challenge.

The following week on May 12, Mark Henry would squash another jobber to warm up for his match as Taker. Taker would have his own warm up on May 19 interrupted by Henry who proceeded to nail Taker with three consecutive World’s Strongest Slams

After their loss in the Cruiserweight title triple threat on April 21, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble were beaten down on April 28 by Super Crazy and Psicosis. On May 5, Kid Kash confronted Crazy, demanding to why they attacked them, Crazy responds by dropping Kash with a DDT on the concrete floor.

The following week on May 12, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble have an interview where they revealed that they will now be known as The Pitbulls and have convinced Teddy Long to book a Tag Match between themselves and the Mexicools at Judgment Day, as they are looking to prove who the better Cruiserweight team is.

Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms wanted prove himself as a fighting champion and put the Cruiserweight Championship on the line against Kid Kash on April 7 but Jamie Noble interfered, causing a disqualification. Kid Kash would interfere during Noble’s title match on April 14 which led to a Triple Threat on April 21 where Helms retained the belt. On April 28, Helms was blindsided during an interview by Chavo Guerrero who then stole the Cruiserweight title belt

The following week on May 5, Helms cut a blistering promo, calling Chavo a coward and thief before issuing a challenge for Judgment Day. Chavo would then blast Helms from behind with a chair, accepting the challenge and promised to win the title at Judgment Day

In the immediate aftermath of Wrestlemania 22, Brian Kendrick and Paul London, dubbed the Hooligans scored an upset win over the WWE Tag Champs MNM which earned them an opportunity at the belts, which would took place the following week.

MNM cheated to retain the gold on April 14 and then beat down Kendrick on April 21. Paul London would face off against Joey Mercury on April 28 but Johnny Nitro would interfere and cause a disqualification before both men beat London bloody

On May 5 Kendrick returned to face Nitro in singles action but yet again the numbers game proves too much as Kendrick gets beaten down by both members of MNM. Finally on May 12, Teddy Long books a WWE Tag Title match at Judgment Day on May 21 between the two teams

Judgment Day 2006

WWE Tag Team Championship: MNM (c) defend against The Hooligans

Crusierweight Championship: Gregory Helms (c) defends against Chavo Guerrero

The Pitbulls vs. The Mexicools

No Holds Barred: The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry

Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk

United States Championship: JBL (c) defends against Booker T

World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (c) defends against Randy Orton

Well that's the Road to Judgment Day, predictions are of course welcomed as in any feedback
    Last edited by SuperSupremeMal; 04-14-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Squash Fodder

Status

Judgment Day 2006 - May 21st 2006

WWE Tag Team Championship: MNM (c) versus The Hooligans

A fantastic opener for the PPV as London played the babyface-in-peril perfectly as MNM kept him isolated from Kendrick for most of the match before he got the hot tag and cleaned house, hitting Mercury with a Sliced Bread Number Two to win the match and the WWE Tag Team Championship after fifteen minutes

Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms (c) versus Chavo Guerrero

The second match of the night was as good as the first. Both men showcased their talents in a high flying but back and forth match as Helm dominated the early going before Chavo fired back to control the middle portion of the match. An inspired counter to the Gory Special saw Helm take control late on, hitting a Shining Wizard to win the match and retain the Cruiserweight title after twenty minutes

The Pitbulls versus The Mexicools

After two great matches to open the show, it was no surprise that the third match was not as good as the previous two. It was by no means horrible but it wasn’t great either as Super Crazy botched several moves during the match. Kid Kash was visibly angry at him during the match but didn’t do anything unprofessional as he hit the Dead Level on Crazy to win the match after sixteen minutes

No Holds Barred: The Undertaker versus Mark Henry

Mark Henry was put across very strong in this match, dominating The Undertaker with his power moves. Taker eventually made a comeback but that was cut short when Henry reversed a Tombstone into one of his own, following it up with a World Strongest Slam to win the match after thirteen minutes

United States Championship: JBL (c) versus Booker T

JBL started this match by attacking Booker T on the ramp and continued to batter him around the ringside area before attempting to get a countout victory by powerbombing Booker T at ringside and rolling into the ring. Booker T gets back into the ring at a nine count and then dodges an attempted Clothesline From Hell to take control of the match. Booker briefly controls the match before JBL hits a low blow to cause a DQ and retain his championship after fourteen minutes

Post match, JBL beats Booker T bloody before powerbombing him onto a steel chair. Booker T is then taken away on a stretcher

Kurt Angle versus CM Punk

After the deflating end of the previous match, Angle and Punk put on a fantastic match to revive the crowd as both men sell perfect for the other before Punk caught Angle with a small package to win the match after twelve minutes. Angle is despondent in the ring as Punk celebrates his win

World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (c) versus Randy Orton

The main event of the show continued the trend of good matches as Mysterio and Orton battled for more than thirty minutes before Mysterio caught Orton with a Seated Senton which he followed up with a Splash to retain the World Heavyweight Championship after thirty three minutes

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Vengeance 2006

On May 1, Mick Foley made another appearance as a commentator whilst Lawler sold his injuries from his match with Umaga. The next week, on May 8, Shawn Michaels, having wrested control of RAW from Vince McMahon, announced Foley as the new General Manager of RAW with full control of show as Michaels was not finished wrestling yet

Jerry Lawler was set to rejoin Jim Ross and Joey Styles on commentary on May 15 but instead chose to become a road agent for the company as he wanted to help the next generation of stars and felt that he was becoming stale of as a commentator, although that would soon change

Given the events at the end of Backlash it was only natural that the four men continued to feud through May and June.

Edge and Triple H would cheat to beat both champions again on May 1 before beating Cena and Benjamin down on May 8. The two teams would face off again on May 15, with Benjamin getting the pinfall on Edge

On May 22, Edge would cost Benjamin the Intercontinental Championship as he defended it against Carlito and Triple H would cost John Cena a non-title match against Charlie Haas.

The following week, both Cena and Benjamin returned the favour, costing Edge and Triple H which finally led GM Mick Foley into booking a Fatal Four Elimination for the WWE Championship at Vengeance

The downward spiral of Trish continued following Backlash as she lost a match against Candice Michelle on May 1, followed by a loss to Ashley on May 8. However, after a loss to Maria on May 22, she snaps and whacks her with a chair.

The following week on May 29, Trish cuts a promo, deriding her own performances since Wrestlemania before challenging Maria to a rematch. Maria is scared of Trish however and refuses the match. On June 12, desperate to have a match with Maria at Vengeance, Trish offers to put her career on the line and Maria finally accepts, setting their match for Vengeance on June 25.

On May 1, Big Show looked for Kane backstage but didn’t find him. May 8 saw Big Show squash Val Venis but following the match, Kane returned and chokeslammed Show.

On May 15 Big Show cut a promo, demanding to know the reasons behind Kane’s betrayal at Backlash and Kane responded by hitting Big Show with another Chokeslam which results in Big Show challenging Kane to a match on May 22.

The match takes place on May 29 and Big Show wins after Kane gets distracted by seemingly nothing, shouting at ringside.

The following week on June 5, Big Show confronts Kane backstage about the events of the match but Kane clams up and refuses to say anything, attacking Big Show again.

Finally on June 12, Big Show challenged Kane to a match at Vengeance. Kane accepts, promising that Show will leave him alone after he is done with him

On May 1, The Spirit Squad announced that they were issuing an open challenge to any team in the back. It was answered by the Highlanders, brothers Robbie and Rory McAllister of Scotland. Kenny used a low blow and snap DDT to win the match and retain the belts.

On May 8, the challenge was answered by a thrown together team of Viscera and Charlie Haas. Kenny used the same tactics from the previous week to retain the belts once again

However on May 15, the challenge was answered by Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch and he caught Kenny’s attempt at the low blow before decking him with a vicious Lariat which saw him get the three count to win the tag titles.

On May 22, The Spirit Squad demanded a rematch for the belts but Cade and Murdoch told them that they would have the earn the shot so Mick Foley booked a match between the Spirit Squad and Haas and Viscera for May 29.

Kenny and Nicky once again earn the victory for the Spirit Squad. Following the match, they have a staredown with The Redneck Wrecking Crew, having set up a World Tag title match for Vengeance.

On June 5, the Spirit Squad have a meeting to decide who should face Cade and Murdoch. Kenny and Nicky put forward the fact that it was them that retained the belts.

However, Johnny and Mikey respond with the fact that it was them that lost the belt also. Mitch tries to stay neutral before siding with Johnny and Mikey and the squad finally agrees that Johnny and Mikey will face Cade and Murdoch at Vengeance although Kenny and Nicky were seemingly not happy with the decision.

Umaga doesn’t appear on May 1 but on May 8, destroys Sergeant Slaughter in a squash. He follows it up by destroying Dusty Rhodes on May 15, Roddy Piper on May 22 and finally Ricky Stemboat on May 29. On June 5, Armando Estrada cuts a promo for his client, wondering just how long the WWE will keep throwing trash at Umaga for him to chuck out

This brings out Ric Flair, who cuts a promo that destroys any credibility that Estrada had built up as he takes offence to Estrada referring to legends of the business as trash. He challenges Umaga to a match at Vengeance so that Umaga can prove that he go against the greatest of all time.

Estrada, trying to drown out the cheers from Flair’s promo, accepts the challenge for Vengeance

Immediately following Backlash, Carlito would wrestle Shelton Benjamin to a draw on May 8. Benjamin would decide to put the belt on the line for a rematch on May 22. Edge would interfere in the match and cost Benjamin the title.

The following week on May 29, Carlito was attacked by Chris Masters, leaving him gushing blood. Carlito didn’t appear on June 5 but returned on June 12 to assault Masters, leaving him out cold.

This led to General Manager Foley booking a First Blood match between the two for Vengeance for the Intercontinental Championship

Victoria and Mickie James continued their feud over the Womens title with Victoria earning a title match on May 8 with a non title win over the champion.

Mickie would however cheat to retain the belt on May 15, intentionally getting herself counted out.

On May 22, Mick Foley then announced a battle royal would determine the next challenger for the Womens title and that it would take place next week on May 29.

Victoria would win the battle royal and title shot but in the immediate aftermath of the match, Mickie attacked her from behind and debuted her new finisher, the Mickie-DT which was a vicious snap DDT.

On June 5, Mick Foley announced that at Vengeance, Mickie would have no advantages as if she got disqualified or counted out then she would lose the Womens title

On May 15, having named Mick Foley as General Manager last week, Shawn Michaels asks for a match against RVD and is granted it. The two of them have a great match on May 22 but Michaels is constantly looking over at the breifcase throughout the match as if he's deep in thought.

The following week on May 29, Michaels challenged RVD to put the briefcase on the line in a rematch at Vengeance. RVD is quick to agree and the match is set.

Vengeance 2006 card – June 25th 2006

If Trish Stratus loses, then she must retire
    Maria vs. Trish Stratus

Kane vs. Big Show

World Tag Team Championship: Redneck Wrecking Crew (c) defend against The Spirit Squad

Umaga vs. Ric Flair

First Blood Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Carlito (c) defends against Chris Masters

MITB Contract Match: Rob Van Dam (c) defends against Shawn Michaels

Fatal Four Way Elimination for the WWE Championship: John Cena (c) defends against Edge, Shelton Benjamin and Triple H

Squash Fodder

Status

Vengeance 2006 - June 25th 2006

Maria versus Trish Stratus – If Trish loses then she must retire

An absolute nothing match as nobody believed that Trish was going to lose and be retired by Maria and so it proved as she dominated Maria, eventually winning after five minutes with a Chick Kick for the three count

Kane versus Big Show

Definitely not the match you want to follow a boring opener. Kane and Big Show are not the best of wrestler anyway but to expect them to revive a dead crowd is asking as a bit much. A standard big man match as both hit their signature power moves before Kane nails Show with a Chokeslam for the three count after ten minutes

World Tag Team Championships: Redneck Wrecking Crew (c) versus The Spirit Squad

Johnny and Mitch were selected by the cheerleaders as the two to wrestle for the squad but Cade and Murdoch ran roughshod over the cheerleaders throughout the match with the remaining cheerleaders of Nicky, Kenny and Mikey on the outside running distractions when it looked like they would lose. Murdoch would bowl over all three outsiders as Cade hit a Lariat for the three count to retain the World Tag Team titles after eighteen minutes.

Post match, Kenny and Nicky argue with Johnny and Mitch and stomp away, separate from the other three members of the Spirit Squad

Umaga versus Ric Flair

This looked set to be another dominating squash win for Umaga but he would unfortunately suffer a Torn ACL during the match, forcing Flair to improvise the end of the match and hit Umaga with a chair, causing a DQ after six minutes

First Blood Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Carlito (c) versus Chris Masters

This was both surprisingly good and a war of a match as well. It brought the crowd fully into the show as Carlito and Masters tore the hell of each other with vicious strikes and devastating lariats, one of which produced a Billy Gunn flip sell from Carlito.

Carlito eventually won the match when he rocked Masters with a powerful chair shot which busted him open after fifteen minutes to retain the Intercontinental Championship

Womens Championship: Mickie James (c) versus Victoria
    If Mickie is disqualified or counted out, she loses the Womens Championship

The crowd, having finally been woken up by the fantastic IC title match was kept alive by a stellar Womens title match which showed that Women could wrestle and look good in equal measure once again before Mickie nailed Victoria with a Mickie-DT to win the match and retain the Womens Championship after eleven minutes

Money in the Bank contract: RVD (c) versus Shawn Michaels

The match of the night and the one that stole the show as RVD and Shawn Michaels showed their fantastic ability in wrestling as they went for nearly forty minutes before RVD nailed the Five Star Frog Splash after thirty eight minutes to retain the Money in the Bank contract

Fatal Four Way Elimination for the WWE Championship: John Cena (c) defends against Triple H, Edge and Shelton Benjamin

Almost immediately the match seemed to split in two as Cena went after Triple H whilst Benjamin went after Edge. Cena immediately went to the outside with Triple H and they brawled all over the ringside area with Cena throwing Triple H into both sets of ring steps and the barrier as Benjamin used his mat wrestling prowess to dominate Edge.

Benjamin would frustrate Edge constantly over the next few minutes before catching him with an Exploder Suplex for the first elimination of the match. Edge was not happy to be the first man eliminated and so it was proved when he immediately belted Benjamin with a chair.

He then attacked John Cena, allowing Triple H to get in the ring and pin Benjamin but he kicked out of the chair shot so he Triple H dragged him up and attempted a Pedigree but Benjamin countered into a back body drop and then hit an Exploder Suplex to eliminate Triple H as well.

The elimination of Triple H perks Edge up on the outside of the ring who looks back at the ring in disbelief. Finally Edge and Triple H are herded away as John Cena, busted open from Edge’s repeated shots to his head climbs into the ring and shows off his own mat wrestling skills which are surprisingly good. He wears Benjamin down even more over the next couple of minutes before hitting an F-U to eliminate Benjamin and retain the WWE Championship

In the immediate aftermath of the main event, RVD makes his way down to the ring and has a stare down with John Cena, setting their headline match at Summerslam

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to The Great American Bash 2006

Rey Mysterio didn’t get a chance to celebrate anything after Judgment Day as Randy Orton attacked him on May 26 and battered him until he had to be taken away on a stretcher. This unprovoked assault made Teddy Long reluctant to name him the number one contender after Orton defeated Mark Henry on June 2 with assistance from Batista.

On June 9, Orton demands that Long name him number one contender but Long hesitates again leading to Orton nailing him with an RKO. The next week on June 16, Mysterio is shown via satellite and demands that Long name Orton as the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship so that he can get his revenge on his attacker.

As a result Long booked a Steel Cage between the two for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Great American Bash

On May 26, Ken Kennedy returned from injury, defeating a local jobber. Later in the show he attacks Punk during an interview. On June 2, Punk returns the favour, beating Kennedy down. On June 9, the two face off in a match but it ends it a double countout as they brawl around ringside.

On June 16, the two of them brawl backstage before Long books a rematch between the two for June 23. The second match ends in a double disqualification after both use chairs. This cause General Manager Theodore Long to book a Falls Count Anywhere match at the Great American Bash between the two

After defeating the Mexicools at Judgment Day, the Pitbulls faced off against WWE Tag Team Champions The Hooligans but the match was interrupted by MNM who laid out both teams, leading to Teddy Long making a Triple Threat Tag Match for the belts at the Great American Bash

After their fantastic match at Judgment Day it was no surprise that the feud between Gregory Helms and Chavo continued as Chavo attacked Helms on the May 26 Smackdown. A week later, Chavo defeats Super Crazy and Psicosis in a Triple Threat to earn an opportunity at the Cruiserweight Title.

That match took place on June 9, where Helms once again retained the title following a back and forth match. Post match, Helms and Chavo shook hands before they were both taken down by Psicosis and Super Crazy

On June 16, Helms and Chavo were absent as Psicosis and Super Crazy crowed about their attack. The two teams clashed on June 30 where Crazy pinned the Cruiserweight champion. The following week, Chavo defeated Psicosis and Helms defeated Crazy in singles action. On July 14, Helms and Chavo brawled with Crazy and Psicosis, leading to Teddy Long booking a Fatal Four Way Ladder Match for the Cruiserweight Title at the Great American Bash

Having avenged his loss at Wrestlemania, Mark Henry looked to return to world title prominence; however a returning Batista challenged him to a match after costing him a chance at the world title on June 2.

Henry responds with a brutal attack on June 9, accepting his challenge. On June 16, Batista would attack Henry and Henry would return the favour on June 23 leading to Teddy Long announcing that if either men attacked the other before their match at the Great Amercian Bash outside of a scheduled wrestling match then both would be suspended indefinitely.

Over the remaining month before the Great American Bash both would be kept strong, picking up wins over undercard wrestlers

JBL was insufferably smug about retaining his belt at Judgment Day and announced a Open Challenge which would determine his next challenger; He saw off the challenge of Finlay on May 26, William Regal on June 2 and Booker T on June 9 before he lost the belt to Bobby Lashley in week four of the US Title Open Challenge on June 16.

On June 23, JBL battered Lashley backstage before demanding a rematch on June 30. Bobby Lashley would defend the belt that same night against Finlay. The match would be interrupted by Kurt Angle who nailed Finlay with an Angle Slam. JBL would then attack the distracted US Champion before posing over the downed champion

The following week on July 7, Lashley and JBL have a confrontation backstage where Lashley finally agreed to a rematch between himself and JBL for the US Title.

After losing at Judgment Day, Kurt Angle looked despondent, refusing to wrestle until an attack from Finlay on June 16 fired up the Olympian and he challenged the Irishman to a match at the Great American Bash on June 23. Finlay however didn’t respond to the challenge until Angle cost him a shot at the US Title on June 30.

Two weeks later on July 14 when he attacked Angle from behind during an interview with Kristal. He told the downed Olympian to expect a fight at The Great American Bash

Great American Bash

Falls Count Anywhere Grudge Match: CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy

WWE Tag Team Championships: The Hooligans (c) vs. MNM vs. The Pitbulls

Fatal Four Way for the Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Super Crazy vs Psicosis

Mark Henry vs. Batista

United States Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. JBL

Kurt Angle vs. Finlay

Steel Cage for the World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton

Any feedback or Predictions are welcome.

Squash Fodder

Status

RAW Update (Injuries and Releases)

As related previously, Umaga suffered a Torn ACL during his match with Ric Flair. However after being taken to hospital it was revealed that the tear was far more severe than first realized and the initial time limit for his return of 6 months was amended to 13 months. Umaga will likely return in time for Summerslam 2007.

Big Show will also be taking time off following Vengeance, to lose weight and get himself into better health. He indicated that he will not be returning in 2006 as he undergoes a stringent health regime in an attempt to drop fifty pounds or more.

Viscera has been released from his WWE contract. It is rumoured that it is because he refused to consider losing weight. The true reason will likely never be known

A small news update ahead of posting the Great American Bash in a couple of days

Squash Fodder

Status

GREAT AMERICAN BASH 2006 - JULY 23RD 2006

Falls Count Anywhere Grudge Match: CM Punk vs. Ken Kennedy

In a fairly competitive but short match, both men beat the hell out of each other with various weapons before Punk put Kennedy away with his GTS Finisher after nine minutes.

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Hooligans (c) vs. MNM vs. The Pitbulls
    Despite the inclusion of Joey Mercury in this match it was quite fast paced and the fans clearly enjoyed the title match. Towards the end of the match it devolved into a brawl around the ringside area as Kendrick nailed Joey Mercury with a Sliced Bread Number Two and got the pinfall to retain the WWE Tag Team Championships after twenty minutes

Post match, Johnny Nitro decked his partner and walked off with Melina

Fatal Four Way Ladder Match for the Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis
    This four way ladder match drew off the previous match and kept the crowd alive despite being something of a spot fest. Super Crazy took a crazy bump through a ladder bridge, which took him out of the match. Chavo had the match won and was climbing the ladder when Helms shoved his ladder over, climbed his own and unhooked the title belt to retain after twenty four minutes

Grudge Match: Mark Henry vs. Batista
    A standard big man match as both men went through their offence before Mark Henry picked up the surprising victory over Batista with a World’s Strongest Slam.

United States Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. JBL
    Lashley was green as grass during this match but JBL dragged him into a surprisingly good match before Lashley hit the running powerslam to get the three and retain the United States title.

Kurt Angle vs. Finlay
    The crowd was solidly behind the Olympian during this match but his slump continued as he lost once more, this time to a Celtic Cross from Finlay. Angle looked fairly despondent again following his loss. He looked around the arena and then silently left the ring

Steel Cage for the World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Randy Orton
    This blood feud reached its final chapter here inside a steel cage as both men used the cage as a deadly weapon with Orton getting busted open early on. As the match reached its conclusion both men were trading blows atop the cage before Mysterio caught Orton with a vicious right which sent him flying down to canvas inside the cage. Mysterio could have won by climbing down by instead chose to fly through the air, hitting the Frog Splash on Orton to get the three count and retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Summerslam 2006 (5 Matches)

On June 26, RVD has a confrontation with John Cena, with both showing respect and integrity, wishing each other luck with both said they would win. The following week on July 3, RVD defeats Chris Masters, but afterwards, Masters attacked Van Dam leading to John Cena making the save. He helps Van Dam up, but Van Dam pushes him away, telling him that he doesn’t need his help.

The following week, on July 10, John Cena and Van Dam team up to take on Cade and Murdoch but the chemistry between Cena and Van Dam is non-existent. Cade dodges a spin kick from RVD that hits Cena which allows Cade to roll up Van Dam for the win. Cade and Murdoch beat down RVD following the match with Cena refusing to help on the outside

On July 17, Van Dam is blindsided by Cena during an interview and the confrontation ends with Cena nailing an F-U on the concrete floor. On July 24, Cena tries to explain himself but gets interrupted by RVD running through the crowd with a chair. He gets in the ring and throws the chair at Cena who catches it before RVD nails the Van Daminator. Van Dam then stands over Cena, posing with the WWE title

On July 31, Mick Foley called both men to the ring for a contract signing for their title match at Summerslam. The tension between the two is simmering as they sign the contract. Afterwards, Foley direct both men to shake hands and Cena teases another F-U to RVD but doesn’t do it and the two men shake hands and leave the ring, with their title at Summerslam officially confirmed

Carlito, having survived the First Blood war with Chris Masters looked for a new challenger in July and got one when he was blasted from behind by a returning Gene Snitsky on July 10, who was now bald. Snitsky continued the beating until Carltio was out cold.

Carlito would return two weeks later on July 24, facing Snitsky in a non title match on RAW which Snitsky won after a low blow and Pumphandle Slam. Snitsky would claim that this earned him an opportunity at the Intercontinental Championship on July 31 and Carlito agreed, setting up their title match for Summerslam

On June 26, Kenny and Nicky cut a promo, distancing themselves from the Spirit Squad who they refer to as inferior. They announce that they are re-branding themselves as Kenny Dykstra and Nick Nemeth and will now be known as the Strike Squad. This brings out Mikey, Johnny and Mitch. Before they can say anything though, Kenny and Nick drop Johnny and Mikey with superkicks and throw Mitch out of the ring

The following week on July 3, Johnny and Mikey attack Kenny and Nick backstage which leads to another confrontation on July 10. That leads to a match being made for July 24 in which the losers will return to Ohio Valley Wrestling. Kenny and Nick defeat the three members of the Spirit Squad to send them back to OVW. The following week on July 31, Kenny and Nick challenged Cade and Murdoch to a match at Summerslam

On August 7, Cade and Murdoch answered their challenge by brutally assaulting Dykstra and Nemeth, accepting the challenge for the World Tag titles at Summerslam

On June 26, Trish Stratus cut a promo, saying how happy she was that her slump was now over and that was it was now time for her to get her title back. She gets interrupted by Mickie James who tells her that she will not just be handed a shot and that she would have to get in line.

The following week on July 3, Trish teams with Torrie Wilson against Candice Michelle and Mickie James. Trish pins the champion during this tag match. On July 10, Trish meets with GM Mick Foley to plead her case for a title shot. Foley agrees and books the title match for July 24. On July 24, Trish and Mickie fight to a double countout which leads to Mick Foley booking a rematch for Summerslam

Shelton Benjamin was very happy with his performance at Vengeance, although he did not ultimately win the belt, he came close and believed that some day soon he would be WWE Champion. Triple H would interrupt this promo and run down any chances of Benjamin ever holding the title.

On July 3, Triple H would cut another promo about Benjamin, saying that he had not yet proven that he could wrestle with the best in the business. Benjamin would interrupt to point out that he had pinned both Edge and Triple H during the fatal four way two weeks ago at Vengeance. Triple H just blasts Benjamin with the mic and nails him with a Pedigree

Three weeks later on July 24, Shelton Benjamin is facing Charlie Haas in a match when Triple H interferes, drilling Benjamin with a Sledgehammer and another Pedigree before challenging Benjamin to a match at Summerslam

Benjamin would accept the challenge on August 7, hitting Triple H with an Exploder Suplex

Well, here's the RAW half of Summerslam. Smackdown's Road to Summerslam will likely by posted later today. Card will also be on that update.

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Summerslam 2006 (5 Matches)

After ending his blood feud with Randy Orton at the Great American Bash, Rey Mysterio looked a new challenger in the run up to Summerslam. On August 4th, Mark Henry won a battle royal including Batista, JBL, Booker T and several others to earn the right to face Rey for the World title at Summerslam

Matt Hardy was not happy about having left off both Judgment Day and the Great American Bash and made it clear that he was not going to left off Summerslam. He defeated Bobby Lashley in a non title match on July 28 and beat the US Champion down on August 4. Teddy Long would book a US Title Match for Summerslam before banning either man from touching the other before the PPV

Kurt Angle missed the first two Smackdowns following the Great American Bash, returning on August 11 to cut a promo about possibly leaving the wrestling business for good. He was interrupted by Ken Kennedy who blasted Angle for being a coward and not facing his problems head on. Angle warns Kennedy to poke a bear but Kennedy continues to goad the Olympian until he agrees to face Kennedy at Summerslam

Johnny Nitro, fresh from his split with Mercury announced his intentions to go after the Cruiserweight title when he defeats Super Crazy in singles action. He then faces off against Cruiserweight champ Gregory Helms on August 4 and wins after nailing Helms with a low blow and Superkick.

The following week on August 11, he made a case for a title shot against Helm at Summerslam where he got interrupted by the champion himself who quickly accepted his challenge, saying that he looking forward to their match at Summerslam.

Two nights before Summerslam, Nitro flattens Helms with a chair before working over his ribs for several minutes, which led to Helms being stretchered away, putting their Cruiserweight title match in jeopardy

The Pitbulls defeated the Mexicools to set another match with the Hooligans on the August 4th edition of Smackdown. Kid Kash used a low blow and Dead Level to win the match and the WWE tag belts. The following week Kash and Noble beat down the former champs and both were ruled out until after Summerslam

CM Punk, looking to continue his hot streak was set to face Randy Orton on August 4 but Orton nailed him with an RKO and left him in the ring, ultimately handing the rookie a countout victory. However the following week, his attack hands Punk his first defeat in the WWE which leads to Punk challenging Orton to a match at Summerslam

Summerslam 2006 card

United States Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Matt Hardy

World Tag Team Championship: Redneck Wrecking Crew (c) vs. The Strike Squad

Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms (c) vs. Johnny Nitro

Intercontinental Championship: Carlito (c) vs. Gene Snitsky

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

Womens Championship: Mickie James (c) vs. Trish Stratus

Kurt Angle vs. Ken Kennedy

Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin

World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Mark Henry

WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

First dual branded PPV under my belt (well, the run up to it anyway). Summerslam will probably be done by Friday if not sooner

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE PRESENTS THE 19TH ANNUAL SUMMERSLAM - AUGUST 20TH 2006

United States Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Matt Hardy

Even though Lashley was still green as grass, this was another good match for the US Champion but once again it is due to his opponent as Hardy showcased all his talent and skill during this match.

Eventually Lashley escapes a Twist of Fate attempt and PICKS HARDY UP, NAILING HIM WITH A RUNNING POWERSLAM!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! LASHLEY RETAINS!!!

Bobby Lashley is STILL United States Champion

World Tag Team Championship: Redneck Wrecking Crew (c) vs. The Strike Squad

Without their former buddies, this match looks like it is going to end up as a squash match for the newly dubbed Strike Squad as Cade and Murdoch dominate their smaller challengers and keep Kenny Dykstra isolated for most of the match.

Kenny ducks under a Lariat attempt to make the hot tag to Nick Nemeth who sends Trevor Murdoch over the top rope, ducks another Lariat from Cade and NAILS HIM WITH A SUPERKICK!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!

Kenny Dykstra and Nick Nemeth are the NEW World Tag Team Champions

Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms (c) vs. Johnny Nitro w/Melina

Gregory Helms starts this match with his ribs wrapped up in bandages and Nitro took full advantage of that, concentrating much of his offence on the ribs of Helms throughout the twenty three minute match.

Whenever Helms would attempt a comeback, Nitro would cut it short with a shot to ribs.

Nitro looks to have the match won as he goes for a split-legged moonsault BUT HELMS DODGES IT!!! BOUNCES OFF THE ROPES!!! NAILS NITRO WITH A SHINING WIZARD 1! 2!! 3!!! HELMS RETAINS!!!

Gregory Helms is STILL the Cruiserweight Championship

Intercontinental Championship: Carlito (c) vs. Gene Snitsky

Despite Carlito being a far better wrestler, Snitsky spent most of the match in control after countering a Suplex attempt from Carlito. He used power slams and Suplex moves to stay in control. Carlito would fire back several times against Snitsky BEFORE EVENTUALLY HITTING A DROPKICK WHICH SENDS SNITSKY TO THE FLOOR!!!

Carlito is briefly able to catch his breath before Snitsky returns to the ring and SETS UP FOR THE BACKSTABBER!! BUT SNITSKY BLOCKS IT!!! CARLITO FALLS BACK TO THE MAT!!!

Snitsky proceeds to stomp the crap out of Carlito and yells at him for making him look stupid. After stomping Carlito for a few seconds, Snitksy picks up the fallen champion and LIFTS HIM FOR THE PUMPHANDLE SLAM!!! CARLITO ESCAPES IT!!! HITS THE BACKSTABBER!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! CARLITO RETAINS!!!

Carlito is STILL Intercontinental Champion

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

Punk and Orton began fast and that pace continued throughout as they traded control of the match until Orton used an eye poke to take the advantage. Orton would work over the right leg of Punk for the next few minutes until Punk began to fight back and CAUGHT ORTON WITH A STEP UP ENZUIGURI!!!

PUNK ATTEMPTS TO SET UP THE GTS BUT HIS RIGHT KNEE BUCKLES!!! ORTON NAILS AN RKO!!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! ORTON BEATS PUNK!!!

Randy Orton wins by Pinfall

Womens Championship: Mickie James (c) vs. Trish Stratus

Mickie James immediately tries to bail on this match, but Trish catches her on the ramp and drags her back down to the ringside area ONLY FOR MICKIE TO THROW TRISH HEAD FIRST INTO A RING POST!!! TRISH HAS BEEN BUSTED OPEN!!!

Mickie rolls under the bottom rope and tells the referee to count quickly but he refuses to do, counting at a normal pace as Trish rolls back into the ring at a 5 count. Mickie immediately goes on the offensive and tries to keep Trish down on the mat. However, Trish fights back, escaping a Mickie-DT attempt TO NAIL HER OWN SNAP DDT!!! GOES FOR THE COVER!!! 1! 2!! 3??? NO!!! MICKIE GETS THE SHOULDER UP!!!

Trish gets up from the cover and waits for Mickie to get up to her feet BEFORE NAILING HER WITH THE CHICK KICK!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! TRISH STRATUS IS A SEVEN TIME WOMENS CHAMPION!!!

Trish Stratus is the NEW Womens Champion

Kurt Angle vs. Ken Kennedy

Kurt Angle makes his way down the ramp, stopping to soak in the pop he receives before WHAM! HE IS NAILED FROM BEHIND BY MR. KENNEDY!.

Kennedy continues the beating down the ramp into the ringside area before grabbing a chair and DRIVING INTO THE RIBS OF KURT ANGLE SEVEN TIMES! Before throwing the downed Olympian into the ring and going for the cover 1! 2!! 3??? NO!! KURT ANGLE GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE!!!

The referee tells Kennedy that Angle grabbed the bottom rope and Kennedy is in disbelief. He picks Kurt and drags him over to the corner before unloading with several rights and lefts, with the referee counting to four before forcibly separating Kennedy from Angle

This proves to be Kennedy’s downfall as he rushes back in after the referee has checked on Kurt ONLY TO GET CAUGHT WITH A GERMAN SUPLEX INTO THE TURNBUCKLE!!!

Kurt dominates from there, using his mat skill superiority to keep Kennedy down before eventually LOCKING IN THE ANKLE LOCK!!! GRAPEVINES THE LEG!!! MIDDLE OF THE RING!!!! KENNEDY HAS NOWHERE TO GO!!! HE HAS TO TAP OUT!!!! KURT ANGLE SNAPS HIS LOSING STREAK!!!

Kurt Angle wins by Submission

Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin

These two have been on a collision course for the past four months and finally meet one on one at Summerslam as they put on a twenty minute classic. The match is very back and forth for the first fifteen as both men enjoy periods of domination before Benjamin COUNTERS A PEDIGREE ATTEMPT INTO A BACK BODY DROP!!!

Benjamin then waits for Triple H to get to his feet before GOING FOR AN EXPLODER SUPLEX!!! HE NAILS IT!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! BENJAMIN HAS BEATEN THE GAME!!!

Shelton Benjamin wins by Pinfall

World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Mark Henry

Mysterio started out quick but Henry soon took control, using his size advantage to dominate. Mysterio continued to fight back though and eventually brought Henry down enough to get him in position for a 619, but in the follow up, Henry dodges and THE REFEREE IS TAKEN OUT!!!. Henry uses the downed ref to his immediate advantage by going to grab a chair and SMASHES IT OVER THE HEAD OF MYSTERIO!!!

Henry goes for the cover before realising that the referee is still down. When he gets to back to his feet, HE IS DRIVEN STRAIGHT BACK DOWN BY A SPINEBUSTER FROM BATISTA!!!

BATISTA HAS JUST SCREWED MARK HENRY!!! MYSTERIO CRAWLS OVER AS THE REFEREE GETS UP!!!! DRAPES AN ARM OVER HENRY!!! 1! 2!! 3!!!

Rey Mysterio is STILL World Heavyweight Champion

WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

Already headlining the show, RVD and John Cena proceeded to have a fantastic match to close out Summerslam which went for nearly thirty minutes. Van Dam and Cena traded control back and forth for twenty five minutes before Van Dam caught Cena with a Spin Kick, he followed it up with a Rolling Thunder and then ascended the top rope, looking for a Frog Splash BUT CENA DODGES AT THE LAST SECOND!!!

Cena scrambles to his feet and grabs the woozy Van Dam, positioning him between his legs, lifting him up for a POWERBOMB!!! CENA GOES FOR THE COVER!!! 1! 2!! 3??? NO!!! VAN DAM GETS HIS RIGHT SHOULDER OFF THE MAT!!!

Cena briefly stares at the referee before grabbing Van Dam again and lifting him into his shoulders, GOING FOR THE F-U!!! RVD COUNTERS IT WITH ELBOWS TO THE HEAD!!! RVD SLIPS OFF HIS SHOULDER!!! SPINS CENA ROUND!!! SUPERKICK TO CENA!!! GOES TO THE TOP ROPE! FLIES THROUGH THE AIR!! HITS THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! 1! 2!! 3!!! WE HAVE A NEW WWE CHAMPION!!!!

RVD is the NEW WWE Champion

Rob Van Dam closes out the show, celebrating his first world title win in the WWE as confetti falls all around him.

I lost this show three times due to computer crashes in three different formats before ultimately being able to complete it in this format. Hopefully it looks good. Anyway, that's Summerslam in the bag and now begins the road to No Mercy (Smackdown) and Cyber Sunday (RAW)

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Unforgiven 2006

The night following Summerslam, RVD comes out and before he can do anything is interrupted by Paul Heyman who tries to charm his way into RVD’s good books but the champion refuses his help and sends him on his way. Later that night John Cena challenges RVD to a rematch for the WWE Title at Unforgiven.

RVD accepts the challenge right at the start of the show on August 28. The two have a in ring confrontation on September 4 before their contract signing which leads to Cena putting RVD through the table after signing the contract

The following week on September 11, RVD interferes during a Cena match and hits him with a Van Daminator giving him some much need momentum heading into his title defence

On August 21, Shelton Benjamin is conducting a backstage interview when he is attacked from behind by Triple H and Edge who beat him unconscious. They repeat the attack on August 28 but this time, Shawn Michaels makes the save and sends the two packing. Foley books Michaels vs. Edge for next week. On September 4, Edge defeats Michaels after a distraction from Triple H. Post match, Edge and Triple try to beat down Michaels but Benjamin makes the save which leads to him and Michaels challenging Edge and Triple H to a tag match at Unforgiven

On August 21, Lance Cade beat Nick Nemeth in singles action and the following week on August 28, Cade & Murdoch beat The Highlanders to earn a title shot against the Strike Squad for Unforgiven but are beaten down after the match by the tag champions. GM Foley isn’t impressed and makes their title match at Unforgiven into a Steel Cage Match

After winning her record seventh Womens Championship at Summerslam, Trish’s immediate concern was the former champion who demanded her rematch on the following RAW. Mick Foley would grant the request and Trish defeated Mickie to retain the belt on August 21.

The following week, Foley announced that a tournament over the next two weeks would determine who would face Trish for the title at Unforgiven. On August 28, Mickie defeated Ashley Massaro and Victoria defeated Candice Michelle. On September 4, Mickie defeated Victoria to become the number one contender for the Womens title. On September 11, Mickie and Trish have a confrontation backstage during which Mickie promises to regain her Womens Title at Unforgiven

Jeff Hardy made his WWE return on August 21, immediately making an impact with a non title win over Intercontinental Champion Carlito. The following week he faced off against Sntisky in a number one contender match but Kane interfered and nailed both men with a Tombstone.

Snitsky’s attention now drawn away from the Intercontinental Championship, Jeff challenged Carlito to a Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship at Unforgiven on September 4. Carlito would accept the challenge on September 11, wanting to prove himself in a Ladder match against one of the very best in that type of match

Kane, having disappeared following Vengeance, returned on August 21, showcasing a new look (2012 Kane). He cut a promo about having put the mask back on to silence the voices in his head that had been screaming at him for the past few months before finishing with a promise that he will once more embrace the hatred that fuelled his early career.

The following week on August 28, he interfered in the number one contender match for the Intercontinental Championship and tombstoned both Snitsky and Jeff Hardy.

The following week on September 4, Snitsky attempts to attack Kane backstage with a chair but Kane just no sells the shot to the back, turns and boots the chair back into Snitsky’s face before hitting a Chokeslam on the concrete floor

On September 11, Mick Foley books a match between the two for Unforgiven.

Cryme Tyme would make their WWE debut on August 21, attacking Hardcore Holly backstage. The following week on August 28, they attack during Holly’s match with Charlie Haas but Haas helps Holly drive them off. On September 4, Holly asks Haas to be his tag team partner as he wants to challenge Cryme Tyme to a match. Haas agrees. On September 11, Holly challenges Cryme Tyme to a tag match at Unforgiven. Shad and JTG accept the challenge, promising to show that Holly is past his prime and that Haas is nothing without Benjamin

Unforgiven 2006

Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas vs. Cryme Tyme

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Carlito (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Steel Cage for the World Tag Team Championship: The Strike Squad (c) vs. The Redneck Wrecking Crew

Kane vs. Gene Snitsky

Womens Championship: Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James

Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H and Edge

WWE Championship: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. John Cena

Squash Fodder

Status

BTB Background Notes

It has now begun to annoy me that I have been typing the referee, instead of giving a name in regard to an official so now I have three referees for RAW and three for Smackdown

Mike Chioda, Scott Armstrong and Jim Korderas will be the officials named when necessary in RAW PPVs

Charles Robinson, Nick Patrick and John Cone will be the officials named when necessary in Smackdown PPVs

Unforgiven will be posted tomorrow

Just Justice

Status

Awright mate, Just thought I'd give a couple of comments on your work. I'm reading through this right now and I'm digging this thread, but there's a few things that you may or may not wanna take into account. I like the format you're going for with this, I love the recap style of writing, especially when there's something to actually chew on. Very keefmoon-esque, however, I feel the format really is leaving a lot to be desired. What I mean is you seem to put everything in the one font and changing the colour for whatever brand the match is, setting it to Size 3 and calling it a day. It really just seems like a big red or blue blur, which can be hard to read at points.

Maybe For example you could try something like this (I'll be copying & pasting one of your matches for context):

Crusierweight Championship
    Gregory Helms (C) vs Chavo Guerrero

Match:
    The second match of the night was as good as the first. Both men showcased their talents in a high flying but back and forth match as Helms dominated the early going before Chavo fired back to control the middle portion of the match. An inspired counter to the Gory Special saw Helms take control late on, hitting a Shining Wizard to win the match and retain the Cruiserweight title after twenty minutes.

That's just an example, but a variety in terms of colour can go a long way. I'll leave a proper review of Unforgiven when it's up sir, good luck!

X

Squash Fodder

Status

Thanks for the feedback, Jackie. Any little bit of help I receive will make me better. Anyway, an early end to the party I was at is allowing me to post Unforgiven tonight, so here you go.

WWE Presents Unforgiven 2006
    September 17th, 2006

Tag Team Match:

Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly vs. Cryme Tyme

Shad and JTG dominate much of this match, keeping Charlie Haas isolated through well oiled teamwork until Haas
    ESCAPES A G-9 ATTEMPT! TO MAKE THE HOT TAG! HARDCORE HOLLY CLEANS HOUSE!! Holly flattens JTG with a clothesline and throws Shad to the floor.

He picks JTG up for an Alabama Slam when
    SHAD HITS HIM WITH A CHAIR!! MIKE CHIODA CALLS FOR THE BELL!! SHAD DOESN’T CARE AS HE CONTINUES TO LAY INTO HOLLY WITH THE CHAIR!! HAAS TRIES TO MAKE THE SAVE!! GETS FLATTENED WITH THE CHAIR BY SHAD!!

Shad and JTG briefly pose over their fallen opponents before leaving the ring

Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly win by Disqualification

One on One:
    Kane vs. Gene Snitsky

This was nothing more than a squash match as Kane battered Snitsky all over the ring before
    HE NAILS A THUNDEROUS CHOKESLAM!!! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! KANE DESTROYS SNITSKY!!!!

Kane wins by Pinfall

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match:
    Carlito (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Spot fest of a match as both men bounce all over the ring on the ladders. The final minutes of the match begin with
    HARDY THROWING THE LADDER AT CARLITO, HITTING HIM IN THE FACE!! GOES FOR THE TWIST OF FATE!! CARLITO COUNTERS IT!! HITS THE BACKSTABBER!!

Carlito grabs the ladder and sets it up and is heading up the ladder when HARDY PUSHES THE LADDER OVER!! CARLITO GETS CROTCHED ON THE TOP ROPE!! HARDY STEADIES THE LADDER!! CLIMBS IT!! GETS HIS HAND ON THE TITLE!! CARLITO TIPS THE LADDER OVER!! HARDY CRASHES TO THE OUTSIDE!!

Carlito steadies the ladder and ascends it, unhooking the title belt TO RETAIN THE TITLE AND WIN THE MATCH!! CARLITO IS STILL INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!!

Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion, Carlito

WWE Womens Championship:
    Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James

Mickie took control of the match with an eye rake and spent most of the match dominating Trish before Trish ducks an attempted Mick Kick, rebounding off the ropes to nail Mickie with a spear. She waits for Mickie to get to her feet before
    NAILING HER WITH A CHICK KICK!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE! TWO!! THRE!!! TRISH RETAINS!!!

Winner and STILL Womens Champion, Trish Stratus

World Tag Team Championship Steel Cage Match:
    The Strike Squad (c) vs. The Redneck Wrecking Crew

Due to the steel cage, there were nothing stopping the Strike Squad from using low blows to take control of the match and they did so, Nick Nemeth kicking Lance Cade right between the legs as Kenny Dykstra did the same to Trevor Murdoch. The Strike Squad then used the cage as a weapon, busting both men of the Redneck Wrecking Crew open.

Towards the end of the match, Cade and Murdoch fought back and took control of the match and bounced the Strike Squad all over the cage, busting both men open. However, the Strike Squad retook control of the match when Nick Nemeth
    DODGES A LARIAT FROM CADE!! AND DROPS HIM WITH A SUPERKICK!!

Murdoch takes his attention off Dykstra briefly which allows Nemeth to DROP HIM WITH ANOTHER SUPERKICK!! Nemeth and Dykstra look at each before attempting to get out of the cage, Nemeth is easily able to scramble up and over but DYSKTRA GETS CAUGHT!! CADE PULLS HIM DOWN!!

Cade and Murdoch spend the next five minutes battering Dykstra all over the cage and stopping Nemeth from climbing back in on the outside. Finally, Cade lifts Dykstra and CLOBBERS HIM WITH A VICIOUS LARIAT!! CADE AND MURDOCH BEGIN CLIMBING THE CAGE!! NEMETH GRABS A PAIR OF BOLT CUTTERS FROM UNDER THE RING!! BREAKS THE CHAIN SURROUNDING THE DOOR AND OPENS IT!! DYSKTRA CRAWLS THROUGH THE OPEN DOOR, HITTING THE FLOOR, A SPLIT SECOND BEFORE CADE AND MURDOCH HIT THE FLOOR!!

Cade and Murdoch think that they have won the match and go to collect the title belts only to be stopped by Jim Korderas who indicates to them that Dykstra hit the floor before they did. Cade and Murdoch are not happy and protest the result but Koderas is adamant so they reluctantly hand back the title belts as Nemeth and Dykstra celebrate retaining the world tag titles in a brutal war

Winners and STILL World Tag Team Champions, The Strike Squad

Tag Team Grudge Match:
    Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H and Edge

Triple H and Edge used dirty tricks to take control of this match and early on and isolated Michaels from behind through the use of quick tags and double team moves. However towards the end of the match, the team of Triple H and Edge began to disintegrate as both men looked to get the pinfall but neither would let the other get the pinfall on Michaels, completing ignoring Benjamin on the apron

One such argument allowed Michaels to
    MAKE THE HOT TAG TO BENJAMIN!! Shelton Benjamin immediately cleans house with a belly to belly to Edge and then a snap Suplex to Triple H. He follows it up with an EXPLODER SUPLEX!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE! TWO!! THRE-EDGE BREAKS UP THE PINFALL ATTEMPT!!

Edge begins to stomp all over the head of Shelton Benjamin when HE GETS CUTS OFF WITH A SUPERKICK OUT OF NOWHERE BY SHAWN MICHAELS!! Edge goes flying out of the ring, whilst Michaels turns into a DOUBLE A SPINEBUSTER FROM TRIPLE H!! WHO GETS UP AND TURNS IN A SECOND EXPLODER SUPLEX FROM BENJAMIN!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! BENJAMIN AND MICHAELS ARE VICTORIOUS!!

Winners by Pinfall, Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship:
    Rob Van Dam (c) vs. John Cena

After their match headlined Summerslam, many expected the follow-up to just as good and they were not proved wrong in any aspect as both men worked like their life depended on them winning the match, which is a good thing, considering that the top title in the company was on the line.

There were several occasions were Cena teased a heel turn during the match but it wasn’t until Cena ducked a roundhouse kick that flattened referee Scott Armstrong. Cena immediately took advantage and grabbed a chair and
    SMASHED VAN DAM OVER THE HEAD WITH THE CHAIR!!

Cena then picked Van Dam and lifted him on to his shoulders before HITTING THE F-U!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! BUT THERE’S NO REFEREE!! Cena gets up and goes over the downed Scott Armstrong and briefly shakes him to wake him up before going for the cover again. ONE!!!!! TWO!!!!! THRE-VAN DAM HAS HIS LEG ON THE BOTTOM ROPE!!!

Cena is furious at what he believes is a slow count and he briefly argues with Scott Armstrong before lifting the referee up and HITTING HIM WITH AN F-U!!! Showing his desperation, Cena climbs to the top rope, and looks to be setting Van Dam up for a Leg Drop to the back of his head, but he is completely unaware of PAUL HEYMAN APPEARING OUT OF NOWHERE BEHIND HIM TO SHOVE HIM OFF THE TOP ROPE!! CENA LANDS ROUGHLY ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD!! HE LOOKS OUT OF IT!!! HEYMAN GETS THE HELL OUT OF DODGE!!

Van Dam, completely unaware of what has happened in the past few seconds gets to his feet, spots that Cena is down and as Scott Armstrong begins to stir, CLIMBS TO THE TOP ROPE, FLYING THROUGH THE AIR TO HIT THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!! ONE!! TWO!!! THREE!!!! RVD IS STILL THE WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Winner and STILL WWE Champion, Rob Van Dam

Hopefully, this is easier on the eyes than my previous posts. Also, might keep down to normal size, font size from now on, I'm not sure about that though

Just Justice

Status

Well, I said I'd do a Unforgiven review, so here we are! I actually started watching wrestling around this period, and I know it's looked at rather poorly, and rightfully so to be honest, with such angles like Rey Mysterio basically turning into an Eddie Guerrero ripoff, the ECW fiasco which was genuinely exciting for about 2 months until RVD got out his bin, Edge having an amazing 3 week first reign as WWE Champion only to lose STRAIGHT AWAY to John Cena and the overly long HBK/DX-McMahons feud where Shawn Michaels and God himself had a Tag Match against the McMahons, where the Notorious G.O.D. put Vinnie Mac over (Okay I really have a softspot for that part of the feud, I mean c'mon how can you not laugh at Vince telling god to "get jiggy with it?") but I have a softspot for this time period, so hopefully you improve on the negatives, which you already have, making the Spirit Squad into the Strike Squad and Van Dam NOT fucking up.

Before I jump into the actual show, I have to say the formatting is SO much better with this one sir. It's much easier to read and keep track with the big spots and what's going on. If I was to give one criticism it'd be that I feel that not every big moment has to be in all-caps, but that's just nitpicking man, now, onto the actual show eh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unforgiven 2006

Heel Cryme Tyme? Huh, never really thought of them as heels but hey, it works, kind of like a toned down WWE version of The Gangstas from ECW. Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas always seemed like a dead random tag team, so it's a bit weird how you gave them a DQ win instead of giving Shad & JTG a dominant win then having them do a beatdown afterwards.

Kane kills Snitsky. All you can really say innit. Yass.

Jeff & Carlito seemed like a fuckin great match, like their singles matches were a bit blegh, but I think if you gave them an opportunity in a Ladder Match to just go mental they'd have a bangin spotfest. Carlito winning the IC title is real interesting, I'm a big Carlito fan, so here's hoping he has a good feud with Jeff and moves on up the card.

So, are you gonna be sticking to real life in terms of Trish's retirement? Or you holding that off?

The Tag Cage match seemed brutal man. It's a bit weird seeing loads of Superkicks, since that really didn't take off until after Shawn Michaels retired. It's also a bit weird the build to this was a cage match, because in the buildup it really could've been a normal tag match. I did really like the finish, and I'm interested in where you go next with these guys.

I assume Triple H & Edge are like this BTB's version of Rated RKO in real life? If so I'm not complaining, cause I adored R-RKO I love how you're building up Shelton, one of the most underused talents in this time period, especially 2006 where all he did was fuck around and challenge the IC Champion every few months before going back to doing nothing, so to not only see him picking up big wins over Triple H at SummerSlam, but getting a big tag win with Shawn here is a beautiful image :D I sense this might be the blowoff here, but I do hope there's at least one more match with Triple H & Shelton at Survivor Series, except with a stip or you'll have both men captain the SS teams, where Triple H will finally get a win over Benjamin. I'm excited for this, keep it up sir.

Finally the Main Event. I'm REAL interested in John Cena right now expecially with his actions during the match. Like, it does look like a heel turn, but right now, it does look like that John was just desperate and chose to play bad guy for the time being to win the match. Heyman costing Cena the match behind RVD's back is shady af, just like Heyman would do. I'm thinkin there's gonna be at least one more match with these two, with Heyman being involved somehow, like as Special Ref or something.

Overall, some really interesting stuff idea wise, with a couple of little glares and niggles throughout, but overtime as you grow as a writer they'll eventually fade away. Buzzing to see what you have for No Mercy & Survivor Series, will be checkin in sir!

X

Thread Information