Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE: Road to Reality

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE: Road to Reality

Review Response

Making Cryme Tyme heel was a decision I made before I started the Road to Backlash as my original long term plans included a Wrestlemania match for the tag titles between them and the World’s Greatest Tag Team, however plans quickly changed as I decided I wanted to push Benjamin and keep him away from the tag title scene which meant my plans to reunite him with Charlie Haas following this show had to be changed. My current plans have at least two more matches planned between these two teams

Kane is another guy I want to push and I believe putting him back in the mask is the first step to a renewed run to the top. Snitsky was just a stepping stone for Kane which is why the match was a squash.

Carlito is somebody that the WWE dropped the ball with in my honest opinion. I thought his gimmick was fantastic and I was always behind him in matches, even when he was heel. Carlito and Hardy is another program that is set to continue going forward

No, Trish will not be retiring yet, as I do have a dilemma with the women’s division though in that once Trish and Lita are gone I have only Mickie and Victoria as good wrestlers so I’ll likely use some of the girls that go on to wrestle for TNA BEFORE they sign with TNA

The match between the Strike Squad and the Redneck Wrecking Crew was supposed to be brutal and I am glad that I got that across. I chose a Steel Cage because the blow off is going be even more brutal. The finish was planned from the beginning and was something I was looking forward to writing

After changing my original plans for Benjamin, I knew immediately that I was push him to the moon in this BTB because like Carlito, I believe that the WWE dropped the ball with Benjamin and think I can do better

Edge and Triple H have been one of the things that I haven’t changed one iota since the beginning and it is set to continue, at least through Survivor Series

Cena’s actions will get an explanation in the Road to Survivor Series and you have correctly guessed the Survivor Series main event by the way, hope I continue to improve as I go along.

Thanks for the feedback and anymore you can give going forward.

Road to No Mercy

World Heavyweight Championship:

Rey Mysterio (c) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

After defeating Henry on September 8 with the assistance of Batista
    , JBL was named the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. JBL would cast doubt on the worthiness of Mysterio as world champion, despite him having held the belt since Wrestlemania. Mysterio responded that he had been a fighting champion and would continue to be so heading into their title match

One on One:
    Batista vs. Mark Henry

The feud between Batista and Mark Henry boiled over again in September as Henry cost Batista a match on September 1 against Kurt Angle. Batista responded by costing Henry against JBL. A backstage brawl broke out on September 15 and the two had to be separated by security.
    They continue to fight with each other over the next three weeks before Teddy Long finally decided to book a match between the two for No Mercy

United States Championship:
    Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy would make it clear that he wasn’t done with the US Champ when he attacked Lashley backstage on August 25. He repeated the attack on September 8 during a match between Lashley and Finlay before defeating the champ in a non title match on September 15
    . Teddy Long would book a match between the two for US Title at No Mercy on October 8.

On September 29, Lashley would team with the Hooligans against Matt Hardy and the Pitbulls in a six man tag, where Lashley and the Hooligans were victorious after Lashley pinned Noble. The following week, Matt Hardy would attempt another backstage attack on Lashley but Lashley overcomes Hardy this time, spearing him through a wall, both men are down afterwards though, with the US Title match at No Mercy now looking doubtful

Crusierweight Championship:
    Gauntlet Match:

Johnny Nitro (c) vs. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Gregory Helms

Johnny Nitro used a low blow and roll up to beat Chavo Guerrero in a number one contender match on September 1. He and Helms had a confrontation backstage on September 8 and then faced off on September 15, when Nitro used a low blow and roll up to beat Helms for the Cruiserweight title. The following week Helms demanded a rematch but Nitro refused telling Helms to earn it.

A Fatal Four Way takes place on September 29 to determine the number one contender for the Cruiserweight title. However Nitro takes out all four men with a chair so Teddy Long books a
    Gauntlet match for the title at No Mercy. On October 6, Nitro wins a battle royal to earn the fifth spot in the Gauntlet

WWE Tag Team Championship:
    The Pitbulls (c) vs. The Hooligans w/Ashley

The Hooligans returned on September 15, interrupting The Pitbulls during their match with the debuting Shane Brothers. The Pitbulls and The Hooligans had a non title match on September 22 which was won by the Hooligans so
    Teddy Long books a WWE Tag Title match for No Mercy between the two teams.

On September 29, The Hooligans team with US Champion Bobby Lashley against Matt Hardy and the Pitbulls and they win the match after Lashley plants Noble with a Running Powerslam. Backstage following the match, Ashley Massaro makes her Smackdown debut, introducing herself to the Hooligans and offers to become their manager. Kendrick and London accept the offer

Ashley makes herself useful the following week on October 6, when she distracts Mike Shane long enough for Kendrick to nail Sliced Bread Number Two on Todd Shane. Immediately after the match, The Pitbulls attack the Hooligans but Kendrick and London fight them off, clearing them from the ring,
    to gain some momentum heading into their No Mercy title match

Stretcher Match:
    Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Randy Orton believed that he was done with CM Punk after defeating the young rookie at Summerslam but Punk interjected himself into Orton’s match on September 1.

On September 8, Orton attacks Punk backstage, beating him so badly he is taken away on a stretcher.

Punk gets his revenge on September 22, attacking Orton until he is also taken away on a stretcher. When Orton returns on October 6, he demands a match with Punk at No Mercy. Long books the match, making it a Stretcher Match

First Blood Match:
    Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Kennedy

Kurt Angle, having snapped his losing streak with a win against Kennedy at Summerslam looks to return to world title contention facing off against Batista on September 1. Mark Henry would interfere, attacking Batista.

On September 8, Angle is about to call out The Undertaker when he gets interrupted by Ken Kennedy who tells Angle that he got lucky at Summerslam before he challenges him to a match at No Mercy. Angle is dismissive of Kennedy and tells him that he would only embarrass himself further if he were to face Angle in another match. Kennedy is not happy with this and tries to attack Angle but Kurt dodges his attack and throws him out of the ring, ending the confrontation

The following week, on September 15, as Angle is coming down to the ring for a match with The Undertaker, Kennedy blindsides him and attacks him, eventually busting him open with his personal mic, warning Angle that he should never underestimate what he is capable of. He then shows off a new move, slamming Kurt into concrete floor with a leghook reverse STO

Kurt Angle misses the September 22 Smackdown but Kennedy uses the opportunity to gloat about what he did to Angle the previous week until he gets interrupted by Teddy Long,
    who announces that Kurt will be back next week and that he has requested a First Blood Match against Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy is not happy with the announcement and tries to weasel his way out of the match but Long is having none of it, booking the First Blood Match for No Mercy

As always, predictions are welcome

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE Presents No Mercy
    8th October 2006

The Pitbulls (c) vs. The Hooligans w/Ashley
    Jim Cornette would have been proud of this match, given how much it played off the old school tag matches. Kendrick spent almost the entire match under the cosh as Noble and Kash dominated through quick tags and double team moves. Towards the end of the match, Kendrick escapes from a Dead Level to
    MAKE THE HOT TAG TO LONDON!!

Kendrick rolls to the floor following the hot tag and Ashley goes to check on him, making sure that he is alright

London attempts to clear house, but Noble distracts Nick Patrick, allowing Kid Kash to firmly
    KICK LONDON RIGHT BETWEEN THE LEGS, AS IF HE WAS GOING FOR A FIELD GOAL!! This cuts short the comeback from London. Kash picks up the fallen challenger and lifts him up, HITTING THE DEAD LEVEL!!! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! THE PITBULLS RETAIN THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions, The Pitbulls

Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Matt Hardy
    Both men came into this match with their ribs wrapped in bandages, as a result of Lashley spearing Hardy through a wall two nights previously. As the match progress, Hardy used a number of dirty tricks, targeting the injured ribs of Lashley throughout the match but Lashley would fight back with shots to the injured ribs of Hardy

Eventually, Hardy would escape one attempt of the Running Powerslam, chop block Lashley and then grab him
    , GOING FOR THE TWIST OF FATE!! BUT LASHLEY BLOCKS IT!! THROWS HARDY INTO THE CORNER!! SPEARS HARDY OUT OF HIS BOOTS!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE! TWO!! THRE-Hardy gets the shoulder up!!

Lashley, shocked that the match is not over, picks up the downed Hardy and lifts him up for the running powerslam,
    BUT HARDY SLIPS OUT!!, SPINS LASHLEY ROUND!! DELIVERS THE TWIST OF FATE!! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! WE HAVE A NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION!!

Winner and NEW United States Champion, Matt Hardy

Cruiserweight Championship:
    Gauntlet Match:

Johnny Nitro (c) vs. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Gregory Helms
    The longest match of the night was in fact the Cruiserweight title match with the Gauntlet match running for just over thirty four minutes. The first leg of the match was between Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms and it lasted seventeen minutes. Helms and Guerrero proved their worth once again as they showcased their talents before Helms escaped a Gory Special to hit a Shining Wizard to pin Chavo and eliminate him

The second leg of the match was between Gregory Helms and Super Crazy but before Crazy entered the ring, Helms gets attacked from behind by Chavo who
    PLANTS HELMS WITH A GORY SPECIAL!!! CRAZY IMMEDIATELY FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- HELMS KICKS OUT!!

Crazy goes over to the turnbuckle and climbs to the top rope, looking for the moonsault but
    HELMS MOVES AT THE LAST SECOND!! BOUNCES OF THE ROPES!! NAILS CRAZY WITH A SHINING WIZARD!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!!! HELMS ELIMINATES CRAZY

This kicked off the third leg of the match between Helms and Psicosis but Helms gets distracted by Crazy, allowing Psicosis to roll Helms up but Helms kicks out at two.

After another brief back and forth, Psicosis
    KICKS HELMS IN THE GUT AND NAILS A TORNADO DDT!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!! PSICOSIS ELIMIANTED HELMS!!!

Johnny Nitro makes his entrance to the match, catching Psicosis with a chop block to take control. For the next six minutes, the two of them fought a fast paced fourth leg of the match before Nitro kicks Psicosis and
    HITS A TORNADO DDT!!!

To make sure of winning the match, he drags Psicosis over to the corner and
    HITS A SPLIT-LEGGED MOONSAULT!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!! NITRO RETAINS THE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE!!

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion, Johnny Nitro

Stretcher Match:
    Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
    The first war of the night took place in this match. Orton dominated the early going after using an eye rake to take control. Orton looks a quick end to the match but Punk fights back as the match goes through a back and forth period until
    WHAM! PUNK SMASHES ORTON WITH A CHAIR, BUSTING HIM OPEN!!

Orton goes flying through the ropes to the ringside area. Punk follows, intending on using the chair once again but Orton catches him with a kick to the gut before THROWING HIM HEAD FIRST INTO THE RINGPOST!! PUNK IS BUSTED OPEN AND THE BLOOD IS POURING DOWN HIS FACE!!

Orton grabs the downed Punk and drags him towards the stretcher before Punk catches Orton with a kick and NAILS HIM WITH A SNAP DDT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RAMP!!

Punk takes a moment to have a little breather before positioning Orton on the stretcher and slowly pushing it up the ramp but Orton rolls off about halfway up the ramp. Punk goes to pick Orton up but
    ORTON CATCHES HIM WITH AN RKO OUT OF NOWHERE!!! BOTH MEN ARE DOWN!!!

Orton is the first to stir and he picks Punk up and goes to put him on the Stretcher but Punk catches him with a step up Enzuigri, which sends Orton over the Stretcher but CLEARLY OUT OF IT!!! Punk grabs the stretcher and heaves it over the line
    TO WIN THE MATCH!! PUNK BEATS ORTON!!!

Winner of the match, CM Punk

First Blood Match:
    The second war of the night didn’t even reach the ring before it started as Kurt Angle attacked Kennedy as he was doing his self introduction on the stage and Angle battered him down to the ringside area before Kennedy used a low blow to take control.

Kennedy and Angle tore strips out of each other during this match but eventually, the ground game of Angle seemed to prove too much for Kennedy before he countered a Suplex
    INTO ONE OF HIS OWN!!

Kennedy immediately goes to end the match, grabbing a chair and waiting for Angle to get to his feet and KENNEDY GOES A HOME RUN SWING!! ANGLE DUCKS!! DELIVERS THE ANGLE SLAM!!

Angle grabs the chair and goes to end the match himself but Kennedy ducks his attempt, kicks him in the gut and NAILS THE MIC CHECK ON THE CHAIR!!! WHEN ANGLE GETS TO HIS FEET, HIS FACE IS POURING BLOOD!!!! KENNEDY WINS THE FIRST BLOOD MATCH!!!

Winner of the Match, Mister Kennedy

One on One:
    Batista vs. Mark Henry

Henry and Batista fought a hard-hitting battle that showcased both men’s power as Batista showed his immense strength to power slam Henry early in the match, allowing him to briefly control the match until Henry uses his size advantage to block an attempted Spine Buster to re-take control.

He would work over the right leg of Batista for the next few minutes, before Batista ducked under a running clothesline, bounced off the ropes and
    DRILLED HENRY WITH A SPEAR!! TWEAKED HIS KNEE ON THE LANDING!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! TH-HENRY POWERS OUT!!

Batista picks Henry up and
    NAILS HIM WITH A SPINE BUSTER!! BUT HE TWEAKS THE KNEE AGAIN!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- HENRY GETS THE SHOULDER UP!!

Batista slams the mat in frustration before firing himself up to attempt a Batista Bomb on Henry. He picks up Henry and lifts him up,
    GETTING HIM INTO POSITION FOR A BATISTA BOMB!! BUT HIS RIGHT LEG BUCKLES!! AND HENRY FALLS ON BATISTA!!

Henry gets to his feet and is briefly confused before he sees Batista down and bounces of the ropes to NAIL BATISTA WITH THE WORLD’S STRONGEST SPLASH!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! HENRY WINS THE MATCH!!

Winner of the Match, Mark Henry

Rey Mysterio (c) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Mysterio was the back foot right from the start of this match, as JBL used his size advantage to overpower the champion. Mysterio was forced to resort to several high flying moves in his comebacks of which there were several. Finally, after eighteen minutes Mysterio caught JBL with a Hurricanrana that sent him into position of the 619

Mysterio goes for the 619 but JBL catches his legs and swings him round, nailing a reverse hangman DDT to Mysterio before
    he picks him up and lawn darts him OUT OF THE RING, INTO THE BARRIER!! JBL takes a short breather to taunt the crowd before rolling out of the ring to throw Mysterio back into the ring

Rolling back in himself, JBL quickly bounds off the rope and
    DAMN NEAR TURNS MYSTERIO INSIDE OUT WITH A CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!! WE HAVE A NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!

Winner and NEW World Heavyweight Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield
    Last edited by SuperSupremeMal; 05-20-2018 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Less low blows

Squash Fodder

Status

As am I now in October I have decided that I will briefly give an update on TNA following Bound for Glory every year. The update will cover the event and not much else
    TNA News and Notes

Bound for Glory 2006 took place in at the Compuware Sports Arena in front of 3,600 fans. It was the first TNA PPV to take place in Michigan. It received 57,000 buys worldwide. This would be the highest number of buys that a TNA event would receive in 2006, beating the previous highest of 51,000 buys for Lockdown 2006

However the event was heavily shrouded in controversy once it was over. The first controversy came in the first match where Kevin Nash defeated Alex Shelley in four minutes flat with a badly botched powerbomb which nearly killed Shelley

Later in the show, Sean Waltman wrestled a match with Scott Hall where both men who clearly blizted out of their minds on something. Hall then botched his Razor’s Edge finish, failing lift to Waltman fully and then dropping Waltman far too softly for it to the end the match but Hall picked up the win following this move

Finally, Gail Kim suffered a Wardrobe Malfunction during a six person tag match which exposed her right breast briefly. Kim proceeded to have a legit breakdown in the ring and had to be carried backstage by James Storm, forcing Chris Harris to improvise an ending to the six person tag which saw Harris get pinned by BG James after a Pumphandle Slam

Despite these controversies, the event did have some good points as Abyss claimed the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Sting in a fantastic brawl with a Black Hole Slam through a barbed wire board

Another good match was the X-Division four way between champion Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles and Senshi. Joe retained the belt to celebrate one year as champion with a Muscle Buster on Senshi

The show also saw Jeff Jarrett lose a Loser Leaves TNA match to Christian Cage. This was done so that he could heal some niggling back injuries and to write him off screen so that he also concentrate on a backstage role when he returns.

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Survivor Series 2006 (Smackdown)

John Bradshaw Layfield (c) vs. The Undertaker

Having defeated Mysterio at No Mercy, JBL issues a challenge to anyone man enough to face him
    on October 13. The lights go out and then Taker is behind JBL. JBL’s natural reaction to jump near out of his own boots before Taker challenges him to a title match at Survivor Series, JBL accepts the challenge, saying that he wants to prove that he can beat the Deadman all by himself, Taker responds that even if he brought an army Bradshaw will still rest in peace come Survivor Series before hitting Bradshaw with a Chokeslam

JBL tries to project confidence during his interview with Kristal on October 20 but shows some paranoia as he keeps looking behind to see if Taker is there. The following week on October 27 JBL defeats Simon Dean in a non title match and the gong sounds after the match is over. Bradshaw attempts to ambush Taker from behind when the lights come back on but Taker dodges his attack, lifting him up and nailing him with a Tombstone

On November 3, Taker cuts a promo about winning the World Heavyweight Championship and making JBL rest in peace before squashing a local jobber in a warm up match in ten seconds flat.

On November 10, JBL once again attempts to ambush Taker following a match and is once again caught, however this time he counters the Tombstone by headbutting Taker between the legs and then flattens him with a thunderous Clothesline from Hell.

General Manager Teddy Long would book a tag match on November 17 with JBL teaming with Randy Orton against Taker and CM Punk. The match, taking place on November 24 ended up being thrown out due to it breaking down into an all out brawl. Undertaker would stand tall once again over the world champion by nailing him with another Tombstone

Last Man Standing:
    CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

After overcoming Randy Orton in a war at No Mercy, CM Punk would win a battle royal for the right to face the US Champion Matt Hardy. During the title match on October 20, Randy Orton would interfere, nailing Punk with an RKO. On both October 27 and November 3, Orton would appear seemingly out of nowhere to nail Punk with an RKO before leaving, not stating any demands or anything.

Finally, on November 10, Punk challenged Orton to one last match at Survivor Series, Orton agreed to the match but only if it was a Last Man Standing Match. Punk accepts the stipulation and offers his hand to Orton for a handshake but Orton goes for an RKO, Punk counters it and Orton escapes before Punk can hit the GTS. The following week, Teddy Long would book a tag match with Punk teaming with The Undertaker against Mysterio and Orton.

November 24 saw the match take place, although to call it a match is a bit of stretch as it immediately broke down to a brawl and Charles Robinson was forced to throw the match out as all four men refused to listen to him. Orton and Punk brawled into the backstage where Orton looked to catch Punk with an RKO but Punk countered it and nailed the GTS, standing over Orton as the go-home show for Survivor Series goes off the air

Team Batista (Batista, Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley and Paul Burchill) vs. Team Mark Henry (Mark Henry, Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy and William Regal)

In a feud dating back to the start of the year, Batista and Mark Henry continued their war through October and November. However this time it was with a twist as Teddy Long made their captains of their own teams heading into Survivor Series with the survivors of the winning team getting any match of their choice at Armageddon the following month.

Batista’s team was quickly filled by Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley and Paul Burchill within two weeks of the announcement. Henry was a little slower to sort his team as he briefly had the ludicrous notion that he could took on all five men by himself. However when he realised that he would need help, it was surprisingly quick to arrive in the form of William Regal, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy and Finlay

It would Team Henry that would have the momentum heading into Survivor Series, after they flattened team Batista, ending their brutal assault with Mark Henry putting Batista through a table with a World’s Strongest Splash

The Pitbulls (c) vs. The Shane Brothers

Having cheated to retain the belts at No Mercy, The Pitbulls found themselves hounded by the Hooligans backstage on October 13. Kendrick and London goaded Kash and Noble until The Pitbulls snapped and beat down the former champs. The following week on October 20, Teddy Long booked a tag title match for October 27.

On October 27, Kash and Noble retained the titles following a low blow and Dead Level on Kendrick. Immediately after the match they were attacked by The Shane Brothers who destroyed the reigning champs. They followed it up with more attacks on November 3 and November 10 before they finally demanded Long book a title match against The Pitbulls. Long only makes the match when Kash and Noble make it clear to him that they want it.

Johnny Nitro (c) vs. Joey Mercury

Johnny Nitro hosts a party backstage on October 13, to celebrate retaining the Cruiserweight title in the Gauntlet match but Joey Mercury crashes the party to attack his former partner, planting his face into the cake. The following week on October 20, Nitro costs Mercury his return match with Scotty 2 Hotty.

October 27 saw Nitro beat down his former partner backstage warning him that he should never have come back. Long books a non title for November 3 which Mercury wins after a tornado DDT. On November 10, Mercury makes a case for a cruiserweight title shot after defeating the champ. Long books the match for Survivor Series

Survivor Series – November 26, 2006

Johnny Nitro (c) defends against Joey Mecury

Traditional Survivor Series Match:
    Team Batista (Batista, Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley and Paul Burchill) vs. Team Henry (Mark Henry, Mr. Kennedy, Finlay, Matt Hardy and William Regal) – All members of the winning team get a match of their choice at Armageddon

Last Man Standing:
    Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

WWE Tag Team Championship Elimination Tag Match:
    The Pitbulls (c) defend against The Shane Brothers

JBL (c) defends against the Undertaker

Squash Fodder

Status

Good story to this one. JBL constantly trying to get after Undertaker with sneak attacks is a good way to go. Undertaker getting the final tombstone on JBL points me in the direction that JBL will be taking home the victory.

Last Man Standing:
    CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
    The build for this match has been ok. I feel like it was the opposite of the World title build. JBL tries for attacks but misses and here Orton hits 2 attacks. Then the last time Punk counters and almost hits his move is similar to JBL hitting the headbutt and then he does actually hit the Clothesline from Hell. It may be b/c of the recap format. Speaking of that, be careful b/c in your first recap you have Nov 24th, Orton/JBL vs. Punk/Taker then in 2nd recap, its Mysterio instead of Taker. Also, I want to say that Orton is going to go over b/c of the logic from the 1st recap. Punk stands tall at the show before so he ends up on his back at the PPV.

Team Batista (Batista, Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley and Paul Burchill) vs. Team Mark Henry (Mark Henry, Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy and William Regal)
    I liked that you gave us the story of Mark vs. Batista, so I’m assuming that those two will end the match. I like the stipulation that you placed on it. Mark Henry talking about him beating all 5 would have been fun to see. I wish that you gave us some more about the other 4. I assume that they are all feuding in some shape or form. Im going to have to go with Team Batista on this.

Pretty basic build for the tag title match. Being that IDK who the Shane Brothers are, im going with the Pitbulls.

Really simple booking for this match and I don’t mean that in a bad way. Im a new viewer, and im just reading the last show for the reviews im doing today, but when I saw the match listing I assumed Melina was going to be involved somehow; however, I don’t know if she is still in this BTB. Im going to go with Morrison on this card just because I like him more.

Overall, I like the recap formula that people have started to do here. I like that you use dates, so we know which show we are on. One thing that I started to realize as I read through your show is that Survivor Series is going be really short. I feel you could of gotten 2 more matches onto the card. Also, is Survivor Series a dual brand show or are you just booking one roster.

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Survivor Series 2006 (RAW)

WWE Championship:
    Rob Van Dam (c) vs. John Cena

Special Guest Referee: Paul Heyman

On September 18, John Cena would cut a promo, mocking RVD about needing Heyman to retain the WWE Championship. This of course brings out the champ who is nonplussed about Heyman being involved. Cena rolls the footage from the previous night and RVD tells Cena that he is not happy about it but that he can’t do anything about it now.

Cena demands another rematch for the WWE Championship but before RVD can say anything else, they get interrupted by Mick Foley who tells Cena that he will have to earn a shot at the belt and that he can do next week on RAW when he faces Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels in a Triple Threat Number One Contender match

On September 25, Cena wins the Triple Threat after interference from Triple H costs Benjamin and distracts Michaels enough for Cena to nail him with an F-U for the three count. Following the match, RVD and Cena have a confrontation which ends with Cena nailing RVD with an F-U as well

On October 2, the two have a formal contract signing for their WWE Championship match but it gets interrupted by none other than Paul Heyman who mocks Cena for his inattention at Unforgiven and praises RVD for rising so high. Van Dam demands to know why Heyman is there, Heyman responds that he received a message from Van Dam himself about wanting his help. At this revelation, Cena goes ballistic and puts Van Dam through the contract table

On October 9, Mick Foley confirms that the WWE Championship Match is signed and will take place on October 23. Later that night, Cena confirms his heel turn with a brutal assault on the WWE Champion, using his old steel chain. He leaves the champ lying in a pool of his own blood

The following week, on October 16, Mick Foley regretfully informs the fans that the scheduled title match for next week is now off the table as RVD will not be medically cleared in time and will instead take place at Survivor Series on November 26

On October 23, John Cena faces off against Tommy Dreamer and brutalises the ECW Legend, actually losing the match by disqualification but ending his beat down with a pointed message of putting Dreamer through the announce table

On October 30, Cena faces off against another ECW Alumni, in The Sandman and once again he brutalises the poor man before ending with another F-U through the announce table

On November 6, Cena faces off with one last ECW Alumni, in Sabu and whilst this is a closer match, Cena ultimately crushes his opponent, actually winning this match. Another post-match F-U follows. Paul Heman is shown meeting with Mick Foley

On November 13, Mick Foley announces that RVD will be returning to action next week and that after a meeting with Paul Heyman last week, Foley has decided to name him as Special Guest Referee for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series.

This brings out Cena who is furious about this development. Foley makes it clear that the other referees refused so he had no other choice. Cena believes that Foley and Heyman are trying to screw him and promises him that there will be dire consequences for this if they actively stop him from winning the title

Finally on November 20, making his first appearance since October 9, Van Dam faces off against Snitsky and quickly dispatches him. Immediately after the match he gets flattened from behind by Cena who then puts Van Dam through the announce table before warning Heyman, who was providing guest commentary to call the match at Survivor Series down the middle

Intercontinental Championship:
    Two out of Three Falls and No Disqualifications:
    Carlito (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

On September 18, Carlito faces off with Test in a non title match and defeats the bigger superstar. Post match, Test attacks Carlito but Jeff Hardy makes the save, clearing the ring. Carlito pushes Hardy away saying that he doesn’t need help

The following week, Test attacks Carlito again and this time Hardy does not come to the aid of the Intercontinental Champion as Test flattens him

On October 2, Carlito, unhappy about the attack the previous week demands a match with Test for the following week. Foley makes the match and puts the Intercontinental Title on the line as well

On October 9, Carlito nearly loses the Intercontinental title to Test but ultimately pulls out the victory with a Backstabber after ducking under a Big Boot attempt. The following week, on October 16, Mick Foley books a number one contender match for the IC belt between Test and Jeff Hardy, set to take place on October 23. Hardy defeats Test to become the number one contender to the Intercontinental Championship. He has a staredown with Carlito following the match

The following week on October 30, Carlito and Hardy team up to take on Test and Matt Striker. A miscommunication allows Test to plant Hardy with a Big Boot for the pinfall. Following the match, Test and Striker attack Hardy and Carlito doesn’t lift a finger to save him

November 6 sees Carlito and Striker clash in a non title match and Hardy costs Carlito the match leading to a post-match brawl between the two with Carlito coming out on top, nailing his challenger with a Backstabber and then drilling him with the title belt, busting Hardy open

On November 13, Hardy interrupts another Carlito match, this time with a chair and lays into the champ with the chair. Mick Foley decides to change their match at Survivor Series into a Two out of Three Falls No Disqualifications match after seeing the carnage

With six days to go before Survivor Series, Carlito attacks Jeff during his match with Ric Flair and drills his challenger with the IC belt before standing over his challenger, holding the momentum heading into their match at Survivor Series

World Tag Team Championship
    Triple Threat Tag Eliminaton Match:
    The Strike Squad (c) vs. The Redneck Wrecking Crew vs. The Highlanders

The night after Unforgiven, The Strike Squad are very smug about retaining the titles inside a Steel Cage but get quickly interrupted by The Highlanders who challenge them to a title match. Dykstra is dismissive of the Scottish team but accepts the challenge, thinking that it will be an easy match.

The Highlanders give Dykstra and Nemeth a surprisingly difficult challenge but ultimately fall to pair of stereo superkicks.

The following week on September 25, The Strike Squad claims that they will not be defending the tag titles until New Years Revolution. They get interrupted by Mick Foley who remind them that he makes the decisions on RAW these days and they will be defending the Tag Team Championship at Survivor Series against a team that will be decided in a four team tournament over the next two weeks. He books the two semi finals as The Highlanders vs. Cryme Tyme and The Redneck Wrecking Crew vs. Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas

On October 2, the first tag team semi final takes place with the Redneck Wrecking Crew beating Haas and Holly after Cryme Tyme interfere and cost Haas and Holly the match. Later in the night, Haas and Holly cost Cryme Tyme against the Highlanders, setting up the final of The Highlanders vs. The Redneck Wrecking Crew on October 9

The following week, the final between the two teams ends in a draw when all four members are counted out. As a result, Mick Foley books a rematch for October 16 with no count outs.

On October 16, the rematch between the two teams ends in another draw after refusing to listen to referee Scott Armstrong about the five count so he throws the match out.

Getting annoyed by the repeated draws, Mick Foley decides on October 23 to make the title match at Survivor Series into a Triple Threat Elimination Match, much to the annoyance of the Strike Squad

The Strike Squad make their annoyance clear on October 30, when they cut a promo about feeling like they are being victimised and they personally blame Mick Foley for their recent issues

On November 6, The Highlanders have a great match with the Redneck Wrecking Crew until the Strike Squad interferes. The Highlanders join forces with Cade & Murdoch to take control of the brawl and throw both members of the Strike Squad out of the ring. Following this, Cade & Murdoch have a staredown with their rivals for the tag titles

On November 13, Mick Foley announces two Triple Threat Matches with the first between Kenny Dkystra, Trevor Murdoch and Robbie McAllister taking place later in the show with Dykstra victorious after a Sky High Leg Drop on Trevor Murdoch

On the go home show before Survivor Series, Nick Nemeth takes on Lance Cade and Rory McAllister in the second Triple Threat Match. Cade picks up the win after a Lariat on Rory.

Team Benjamin (Shelton Benjamin, Shawn Michaels, Chris Masters, Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly) vs. Team Triple H (Triple H, Edge, Kane, Shad and JTG)

On September 25, Triple H costs Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels a shot at the WWE Title. Both men are not happy about this and discuss what they should do. Benjamin comes up the idea of challenging him to a Survivor Series Match to finally put their issues to bed. Michaels agrees and the two of them approach Mick Foley about the match

On October 2, Mick Foley calls Triple H into his office and tells him about the match. Triple H is actually happy about the match, thanking Foley before leaving, which confuses Foley

Triple H is seen later in the show, talking to Edge and he reveals Edge as his first partner for the Survivor Series Match

On October 9, Benjamin and Michaels discuss potential partners and Benjamin brings up his former tag team partner Charlie Haas. Michaels agrees with the choice and the two of them go and find Haas and ask him to join their team. Haas agrees on the condition that Hardcore Holly, his new tag team partner takes the fourth slot. Michaels and Benjamin accept the condition and welcome both men to the team

The following week, on October 16, Triple H and Edge speak to Cryme Tyme about joining their team and Shad tells them that he and JTG will join, if only to get revenge on Holly and Haas for costing them a shot at the World Tag Titles

With both teams needing a fifth member, Triple H is seen watching a monitor as Kane flattens Eugene in ten seconds flat. On October 23, he approaches Kane with an offer of joining their team. Kane refuses and walks off, getting ready for his match with Chris Masters.

Masters is able to lock in the Masterlock and try as he might; Kane cannot break it and passes out in the hold. Later that same show, Benjamin approaches Masters with an offer and Masters accepts, becoming the fifth member of team Benjamin

October 30 sees Kane chase Chris Masters all over the arena, eventually cornering him in the locker room but before he do anything, Shawn Michaels makes the save, taking Kane out with a Superkick

On November 6, Kane storms into the locker room of Triple H and tells them that he will the fifth member of their team. Triple H and Edge would team with Kane against Masters, Benjamin and Michaels in a six man tag where Kane got his revenge with a thunderous chokeslam on Masters, but Michaels would pin Kane following a Sweet Chin Music for the win

The following week, Cryme Tyme face off against Haas and Holly where they dominate the make shift team, ultimately picking up the win

On the go home show before Survivor Series, Kane teams with Cryme Tyme against Haas, Holly and Masters. Masters is able to lock JTG in the Masterlock but cannot do much with it before Kane plants him with another chokeslam.

Interference from Michaels, Benjamin, Triple H and Edge sees the match thrown out with a big ten man brawl post match. Team Benjamin is able to get the better of it and oust Team Triple H from the ring, standing tall

Womens Championship:
    Trish Stratus (c) vs. Lita

Following her win over Mickie at Unforgiven, Trish was on cloud nine briefly before she was confronted on October 2 by long time rival Lita who challenged her to a title match next week on RAW. Trish agreed to the title match and it was set for October 9

On October 9, Lita came close to beating Trish for the title but ultimately fell to the Chick Kick. Following the match, Trish offered her a handshake and Lita seemed to consider it briefly before scowling and stomping off

On October 16, Mick Foley announced that a battle royal on October 23 would determine who would face Trish at Survivor Series for the Womens Championship

The battle royal is a mess of course, due to the amount of models pretending to be wrestlers in the match. Only Lita, Victoria and Mickie James are able to provide any actual wrestling. It was fitting then the match came down to those three. Mickie would attempt to eliminate Victoria only for Lita to eliminate both and win the match, becoming the number one contender to the Womens Championship

The following week on October 30, Trish and Lita are on opposite teams as Trish teams with Victoria against Lita and Mickie James. Victoria and Trish work like a well oiled team as Victoria plants Mickie with a Widow’s Peak for the win

On November 6, Trish and Lita meet backstage and have a verbal exchange in which Trish tells Lita that she hopes that she won’t resort to cheating in their title match at Survivor Series, in response, Lita is offended, claiming that she will that she will win fair and square at Survivor Series, promising to take the title from Trish

Another tag match takes place on November 13, with Trish teamed with Torrie Wilson against Lita and Candice Michelle. Lita abandons Candice to her fate, unhappy with her partner as Trish hits a Chick Kick for the three count. Trish looks up the ramp, following the match, confused over Lita’s actions

On November 20, Mickie James attacks Trish from behind backstage but Lita surprisingly makes the save, scaring Mickie off before claiming that she did it so that she wouldn’t have an unfair advantage ahead of their title match.

Survivor Series – November 26th 2006

WWE Championship:
    RVD (c) vs. John Cena

Two out of Three Falls:

World Tag Team Championships:
    Triple Threat Tag Elimination:
    The Strike Squad (c) vs. The Highlanders vs. The Redneck Wrecking Crew

Team Benjamin (Shelton Benjamin, Shawn Michaels, Charlie Haas, Hardcore Holly and Chris Masters) vs. Team Triple H (Triple H, Edge, JTG, Shad and Kane)

Womens Championship:

Squash Fodder

Status

I like the build for the WWE title match. I have a feeling that Heyman turns on RVD and joins up with Cena, which will be very fun. I like that you had Cena go through the ECW originals and I feel that the announcer’s table will play into their match on the PPV.

The IC title match has the change to steal the show. I think that the 2 out of 3 falls may have been too much at this time…I think a simple NO DQ match would of sufficed then you can come back at a RAW PPV with 3 stages of Hell and made it mean a lot more.

Nice simple booking to get to the elimination tag match. I like the 2 separate triple threats matches. I was hoping that the matches would have a stipulation to them. That actually gives me a cool idea for my own BTB, so thank you haha.

IDK if you read my last review before posting this show, but good job on putting together a storyline for how the team came together. I really enjoyed the read and everything came together so smoothly. My only unanswered question is why was HHH happy about the match, im not sure what he is getting out of it

The womens match should be really fun. Just two women being able to get about 15 mins to show what they got. I feel there is going be a heel turn by one of them at the show.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Been following this for a while now. Going to drop some thoughts on how the last two PPVs went.

No Mercy

I like the pairing of Noble and Kash, gives them both something great to do as tag champs.

Was pretty surprised to see Matt Hardy defeat Lashley to become US Champ.

Very exciting CW gauntlet match but it was weird seeing Nitro as champ. Glad that he retained and after a great showing from Helms I am glad the two were kept apart and I hope they are a future feud in the making.

Couple of big wins for Punk and Kennedy, with the stipulations saving Orton and Angle from losing much in defeat.

Wow! Mark Henry destroys Batista. Couple of big results for Smackdown as the new breed of stars seem to have dominated the old guard.

And again JBL with a huge… clean victory over Mysterio to win the title. Think a feud with The Undertaker could be a good route to go down, especially if it used to make JBL a credible champion.

Quick break from WWE to laugh out loud at TNA. Gail Kim!

Road To Survivor Series

As expected JBL gets into it with Taker, but I’ve got to ask where Mysterio is considering he’s due a rematch.

Liking the return of Mercury to face his former partner Nitro.

Regal, Finlay, Burchill & Helms look out of place in the SS match. Would be interesting to get reasons why they are in it.

Punk versus Orton in a Last Man Standing Match should be awesome and finally blow off their feud.

Over on Raw there seems to be more build to the matches and I just can’t kick away that Cena is going to align with Heyman and screw RVD out of the title.

Hardy/Carlito should be a fun brawl but I think Jeff has the big chance to take the IC Title. Hardy Boys as midcard champs!!??

Good to see the reasoning behind the Raw Survivor Series match. Weird seeing Masters as a face though. Hoping the faces get the win here.

Looking forward to what Survivor Series brings. Only sticking point was the absence of Mysterio.

Son Of Anarchy

Status
      Country                    United States

Good show i always enjoy seeing a heel jbl as champion he was a def heel magnet. Theres the cena heel turn that would of been intresting at time. I like all of your shows only gripe is hope you could spread the match out more like reading wise other then that you got a fan
    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE Presents Survivor Series 2006

November 26th 2006

This match was a fairly standard back and forth tag match until a horrendous botch near the end of the match which nearly ended the career of Jamie Noble

Mike Shane lifted Jamie Noble for a powerslam but didn’t get him into the right position and nearly drops him on his head, but Noble, knowing something has gone wrong, adjusts his own position just enough so he doesn’t break his neck on the landing

Mike Shane follows up by picking Noble up and setting him up for a powerbomb but Noble escapes, MAKING THE HOT TAG TO KASH!!

Kid Kash explodes through the ropes to flatten Mike with a clothesline and then throws Todd out of the ring over the top rope. He grabs Mike and lifts him up, NAILING THE DEAD LEVEL!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! THE PITBULLS ARE STILL THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!

Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions, The Pitbulls

World Tag Team Championship Match
    Triple Threat Tag Elimination:
    The Strike Squad (c) vs. The Redneck Wrecking Crew vs. The Highlanders

This match broke down into a brawl almost immediately and Dykstra and Nemeth took immediate advantage, trying to turn the other teams on each other and it actually works briefly until Cade is able to get the message through to the Highlanders about working together against Dykstra and Nemeth

The next period of the match sees Cade and Murdoch dominate the Strike Squad and ultimately Cade DECKS NEMETH WITH A LARIAT!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! NICK NEMETH IS ELIMINATED!!

Kenny Dykstra is now up against it and gives it his best before he too gets CAUGHT BY A LARIAT!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!

Cade however is immediately caught by Rory McAllister, WHO PLANTS HIM WITH A POWERBOMB!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! CADE IS ELIMINATED!!

Trevor Murdoch, despite knowing that he has little to no chance against the Highlanders, actually comes close to eliminating Rory before Robbie breaks up the pinfall attempt and the two of them NAIL MURDOCH WITH A DOUBLE TEAM POWERBOMB!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! MURDOCH IS ELIMINATED!! THE HIGHLANDERS ARE THE NEW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!

Winners and NEW World Tag Team Champions, The Highlanders

Johnny Nitro (c) w/ Melina vs. Joey Mercury

Another solid match from the Cruiserweights of Smackdown and Mercury showed no sign of ring rust despite this being his first match in a few months. Nitro and Mercury had a fast paced back and forth encounter until Nitro caught Mercury with a Tornado DDT, going for the cover! ONE! TWO!! THR- MERCURY KICKS OUT!!

Nitro gets to his feet and jumps to the top rope, going for the split-legged moonsault but Mercury moves and Nitro crashes and burns

From there, Mercury takes control and uses several high flying moves to keep it. As the match reaches it conclusion, Mercury looks to end with a double underhook DDT but Melina distracts referee Nick Patrick by climbing up onto the apron. Mercury leaves Nitro to come over and yell at Melina

This proves to be his downfall as when he turns back towards the ring; Nitro kicks him in the gut and hits a Tornado DDT. Nitro follows it up with a Split-Legged Moonsault before going for the cover.

ONE!! TWO!!! THREE!!! NITRO IS STILL THE WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion, Johnny Nitro

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Two out of Three Falls and No Disqualifications:

When the match starts both men immediately take full advantage of the No Disqualifications stipulation as they take the match to the outside where Carlito takes control following a Drop Toe Hold into the ring steps. Carlito dominates the first fall from there, taking the match back inside the ring before NAILING A BACKSTABBER!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! CARLITO TAKES THE FIRST FALL!!

Carlito immediately tries to end the match and goes for cover but Hardy kicks out at two. Carlito waits for Hardy to get to his feet and goes for a second Backstabber but HARDY COUNTERS IT!! HARDY PLANTS CARLITO WITH A TWIST OF FATE!! GOES TO THE TOP ROPE!! FLIES THROUGH THE AIR, CONNECTING WITH THE SWANTON BOMB!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! HARDY TAKES THE SECOND FALL!! THE MATCH IS TIED AT ONE FALL EACH!!

The match then enters its final period as Hardy and Carlito both go for it all to win it. Hardy goes for another Swanton Bomb but CARLITO MOVES!! HARDY CRASHES AND BURNS!! Carlito lies in wait, as Hardy gets to his feet, going for a Backstabber but HARDY COUNTERS IT!! GOES FOR A TWIST OF FATE!! LOW BLOW FROM CARLITO!! FOLLOWS IT UP WITH THE BACKSTABBER!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! CARLITO RETAINS THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE!!

Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion, Carlito

Last Man Standing:
    CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

You thought their match at No Mercy was brutal? Punk and Orton prove that they can go one step further as they met in a Last Man Standing Match. Orton uses dirty tricks to dominate much of the match but Punk proves his determination on numerous occasions during the match before NAILING A Spike DDT OUT OF NOWHERE!! Orton gets up at FIVE!!

Orton regains control with an eye poke before dumping Punk to the floor. He grabs a table from under the ring and sets it up by the side of the ring.

Before he can use it however, Punk flattens him with a chair. Orton gets up at SIX!!

When Orton is finally upright, Punk swings for the fences with the chair but Orton ducks and when Punk turns around, nails a fantastic drop kick on the chair, sending Punk over the barricade into the front row of fans. Charles Robinson begins his count but Punk gets up at FOUR!!

Orton continues to dominate Punk, including nailing him with the chair, which busts the Chicago native open before going for an RKO but Punk COUNTERS IT!! THROWS ORTON HEAD FIRST INTO THE RING POST!! ORTON IS BUSTED OPEN!! Punk lifts Orton up, NAILS THE GTS!!

But Orton GETS UP AT EIGHT!! Punk goes for another GTS but Orton fights out of it and DRILLS PUNKS WITH AN RKO!!

Somehow, Punk GETS UP AT EIGHT!! Orton grabs the chair again but Punk ducks the attempted shot and dropkicks the chair into Orton’s face, sending him sprawling. Punk picks Orton up, placing him on the table before ascending the turnbuckle

Punk goes for an elbow drop but Orton moves at the last second, causing Punk to crash and burn through the table. Orton is not content with that though and pulls a section of the protective mat outside the ring up, picks Punk up and DELIVERS A SICKENING RKO ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR!!

Charles Robinson counts to ten with no movement from Punk as Orton stares down at his opponent.

Winner of the Match, Randy Orton

Womens Championship:

Trish and Lita have a fantastic match, as both women showcase the very best of the current crop of female wrestlers in the WWE. Lita dominates the first half of the match despite a couple of attempted fightbacks from Trish.

Eventually Lita NAILS A TWIST OF FATE!! ONE!! TWO!! THR- TRISH KICKS OUT!! Lita is shocked but gets over it quickly, climbing to the top rope, GOING FOR THE MOONSAULT!! TRISH MOVES!! LITA CRASHES AND BURNS!!

Both women are groggy as they get to their feet but Trish recovers first and GOES FOR A CHICK KICK!! BUT LITA DUCKS IT!! KICK TO GUT!! GOES FOR ANOTHER TWIST OF FATE!! TRISH BLOCKS IT!! PUSHES LITA TO THE ROPES!! GOES FOR A CHICK KICK!! THIS TIME IT CONNECTS!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! TRISH RETAINS THE WOMENS TITLE!!

Winner and STILL Womens Champion, Trish Stratus

Following the match, Trish waits for Lita to get her feet and offers her another handshake, as she did after the title match on October 9 but this time, Lita accepts the handshake, finally completing her face turn. Lita then leaves the ring so that Trish can celebrate her victory

Team Batista (Batista, Gregory Helms, Bobby Lashley, Paul Burchill and Kurt Angle) vs. Team Mark Henry (Mark Henry, William Regal, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy and Finlay)

Team captains Batista and Mark Henry kicked us off in this match, showcasing their power as they fought a stalemate for four minutes before Finlay made a blind tag on Henry and chop blocked Batista from behind, which handed Team Henry full control of the match.

Batista remained isolated from his team mates for the next five minutes before escaping a Mic Check from Mr. Kennedy to tag in Kurt Angle, who immediately NAILS KENNEDY WITH AN ANGLE SLAM!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!! KENNEDY IS ELIMINATED

First Eliminaton: Ken Kennedy by Kurt Angle

Angle is immediately set upon by William Regal who works over Angle’s leg for the next few minutes before Angle counters a Suplex into one of his own. Angle looks for an Angle Slam but Regal BLASTS HIM IN THE FACE WITH A SET OF BRASS KNUCKLES!! ANGLE IS OUT COLD!! Regal goes for the cover!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! ANGLE IS ELIMINATED!!

Second Elimination: Kurt Angle by William Regal

Following the elimination of Kurt Angle, Paul Burchill immediately goes after his countryman and briefly dominates Regal before he too GETS CAUGHT BY A BRASS KNUCKLES SHOT FROM REGAL!! Regal goes for the cover!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! BURCHILL IS ELIMINATED!!

Third Elimination: Paul Burchill by William Regal

Regal crows about his second elimination and taunts Batista and Gregory Helms, completing unaware of Lashley right behind him, until he backs into him. Lashley grabs Regal and SLAMS HIM DOWN WITH A RUNNING POWER SLAM!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! REGAL IS ELIMINATED!!

Fourth Elimination: William Regal by Bobby Lashley

Lashley doesn’t have any time to celebrate as he is immediately grabbed by Matt Hardy who nails a Twist of Fate and goes for the cover. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! LASHLEY IS ELIMINATED!!

Fifth Elimination: Bobby Lashley by Matt Hardy

Having restored a numeric advantage for his team, Hardy tags Finlay in as Helms comes in for Team Batista. Helms bumps around for Finlay, with the crowd gets behind Helms as he refuses to stay down. Helms would eventually escape a Celtic Cross attempt, CATCHING FINLAY WITH A SUNSET FLIP!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! FINLAY IS ELIMINATED!!

Sixth Elimination: Finlay by Gregory Helms

Finlay is pissed about the method of his elimination, grabs his shillelagh and DECKS HELMS WITH IT!! Matt Hardy immediately takes advantage to pin Helms!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! HELMS IS ELIMINATED!!

Seventh Elimination: Gregory Helms by Matt Hardy

Hardy has no time to celebrate as he gets speared out of his boots by Batista once he gets back to his feet. Batista then follows it up by PLANTING HARDY WITH A BATISTA BOMB!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! HARDY IS ELIMINATED!!

Eighth Elimination: Matt Hardy by Batista

With the match now down to the two captains, Mark Henry climbs back into the ring for a brief stare down with Batista before clobbering him with a right hook that rocks Batista backwards. Henry dominates from there for the next few minutes before trying to end the match with a Worlds Strongest Slam but Batista escapes, bounces off the ropes and SPEARS HENRY OFF HIS FEET!!

Rather than go for the cover, Batista fires himself up as he picks up Henry and LIFTS HIM UP FOR A BATISTA BOMB!! EVEN BATISTA IS SHOCKED THAT HE MANAGED IT!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! TEAM BATISTA WINS!!

Final Elimination: Mark Henry by Batista

Winner of the Match, Team Batista

Having won the match, each member of Team Batista will now get a match of their own choice at Armageddon

Traditional Survivor Series Match
    Team Benjamin (Shelton Benjamin, Hardcore Holly, Charlie Haas, Shawn Michaels, Chris Masters) vs. Team Triple H (Triple H, Edge, Kane, Shad and JTG)

Kane starts this match for his team, without discussion, taking on Haas early on. He batters Haas all over the ring before Haas tags out to Chris Masters who immediately EATS A CHOKESLAM!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! CHRIS MASTERS IS ELIMINATED!!

First Elimination: Chris Masters by Kane

Kane continues his dominance as Haas enters the ring, until Shad makes a blind tag on the Big Red Monster. Kane is not happy about that and GOES BESERK!! CHOKESLAMS FOR EVERYBODY!! INCLUDING REFEREE MIKE CHIODA!!

Scott Armstrong replaces Mike Chioda and immediately DISQUALIFIES KANE!!

Second Elimination: Kane by Disqualification

Edge takes advantage of the destruction caused by Kane to NAIL SHAWN MICHAELS WITH A SPEAR!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! SHAWN MICHAELS IS ELIMINATED!!

Third Elimination: Shawn Michaels by Edge

Following the elimination of Shawn Michaels, the match settles down for a period as the heel use their numeric advantage to dominate. Edge works over Haas for a period before tagging in Shad who does several double team moves with JTG to Haas but when they go for a G-9, HAAS ESCAPES, MAKING THE HOT TAG TO BENJAMIN!! WHO CATCHES JTG WITH AN EXPLODER SUPLEX!! EXPLODER SUPLEX TO SHAD!! COVER ON SHAD!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! SHAD IS ELIMINATED!!

Fourth Elimination: Shad by Shelton Benjamin

Almost immediately, Benjamin NAILS JTG WITH ANOTHER EXPLODER SUPLEX!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! JTG IS ELIMINATED!!

Fifth Eliminaton: JTG by Shelton Benjamin

Benjamin then tags in Hardcore Holly who valiantly fights against Edge but really has no chance as Edge uses an eye rake to take control and dominate the veteran wrestler for a period. Holly tries to fight back but ultimately CATCHES A SPEAR FROM EDGE!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! HARDCORE HOLLY IS ELIMINATED!!

Sixth Eliminaton: Hardcore Holly by Edge

With the teams now even once more at two, it looks like a straight elimination tag match but Triple H quickly overpowers Charlie Haas and PLANTS HIM WITH A PEDIGREE!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!

Seventh Elimination: Charlie Haas by Triple H

With the odds stacked against him, Shelton Benjamin gives one hell of a fight, weathering the storm for nearly six minutes before SURPRISING EDGE WITH A ROLL UP!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! EDGE IS ELIMINATED!!

Eighth Elimination: Edge by Shelton Benjamin

Edge is furious, following his elimination, grabbing a chair and unloading numerous shot to the back and ribs of Shelton Benjamin before hitting a Spear. Triple H goes what he believes is an academic cover but BENJAMIN KICKS OUT!! Triple H gets up and picks Benjamin up, looking for the Pedigree but Benjamin COUNTERS IT!! EXPLODER SUPLEX TO TRIPLE H!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE-TRIPLE H KICKS OUT!!

Benjamin can’t believe it and his eyes nearly bugle out of his head as he despairs with Scott Armstrong that it was only two. He picks Triple H up and NAILS A SECOND EXPLODER SUPLEX!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE-TRIPLE H GETS HIS SHOULDER UP AT THE LAST SECOND!!

Benjamin looks shell shocked that Triple H has kicked out twice but goes for a third Exploder Suplex anyway, however, TRIPLE H BLOCKS IT!! KICK TO GUT FOR BENJAMIN!! PEDIGREE TO BENJAMIN!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- BENJAMIN GETS THE SHOULDER UP!!

Triple H yells at Benjamin to stay down before picking him up and PLANTING HIM WITH A SECOND PEDIGREE!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! BENJAMIN IS FINALLY ELIMINATED!!

Ninth Elimination: Shelton Benjamin by Triple H

After the match, Triple H stares down at Benjamin, as if contemplating something briefly before celebrating his victory

Winners of the Match, Team Triple H

Bradshaw and Taker started out with a strike exchange which Taker quickly dominated, driving Bradshaw into the corner as he unloaded numerous lefts and rights. Taker followed it up with a Running Boot that sent Bradshaw to the floor where he took a breather for a couple of seconds before Taker followed him out to continue his beating.

The dominance would continue for the next several minutes until finally, Taker HITS A CHOKESLAM!! ONE!! TWO!! T-JBL KICKS OUT!! Taker immediately picks Bradshaw up and lifts him up for a Last Ride but JBL ESCAPES, REBOUNDING OFF THE ROPES, DRILLING TAKER WITH A CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL!! ONE!! TWO!! TH-UNDERTAKER KICKS OUT!!

Bradshaw is not happy and yells at Nick Patrick briefly before setting up for a second Clothesline, except TAKER DUCKS IT! SPINS BRADSHAW AROUND!! LIFTS HIM UP!! TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- NO!! BRADSHAW GOT HIS FOOT ON THE ROPE AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND!!

Taker gets to his feet and picks Bradshaw up, looking for a second Tombstone but BRADSHAW REVERSED IT!! HITS HIS OWN TOMBSTONE!! Bradshaw doesn’t go for the cover though, instead getting to his feet, waiting for Taker to get up before DELIVERING A SECOND CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! JBL IS STILL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield

WWE Championship Match
    RVD (c) vs. John Cena

The opening moments of this match set the tone as Heyman tells both men to do whatever they want as he is not going to call a DQ or Countout

The match immediately breaks down from there as Cena kicks RVD right between the legs, daring Heyman to disqualify him. When Heyman does not, Cena takes full advantage, using dirty tactics to dominate the match for long periods, although RVD would eventually regain control after a spin kick

RVD’s high flying offence allowed him a period of control until Cena rolls to the outside, grabbing his chain from the corner. When RVD follows him, Cena decks him with the chain, busting him open

Deciding to put an exclamation point on the match, Cena drags the downed RVD over the announce table and looks set to put him through it with an F-U but fights him off with a series of elbows to the head before catching Cena with a round house kick which sent him into the steel steps

Taking a moment to catch his breath, Van Dam takes all the monitors off the announce table and puts Cena on it, before motioning to the turnbuckle. He climbs to the top rope and does his usual taunt before FLYING THROUGH THE AIR, CONNECTING WITH THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE!!

RVD is the first one to get back to their feet and he grabs Cena, throwing him into the ring before jumping onto the top rope, going for a second Frog Splash but Cena moves at the last possible second with RVD crashing and burning on the mat

Cena waits for Van Dam to get to his feet before lifting him up and NAILING THE F-U!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- HEYMAN STOPS THE COUNT!!

Cena is immediately on his feet, getting in the face of Paul Heyman, repeating his warning from the go home show but Heyman simply tells Cena to turn round

Cena does so and is immediately doubled over by a kick to the gut as Tommy Dreamer plants him with a Dreamer DDT. Dreamer drags RVD over, putting him on top of Cena as Heyman makes the count.

ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! VAN DAM RETAINS THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!! HEYMAN SCREWS CENA!!

Winner and STILL WWE Champion, Rob Van Dam

When RVD gets up, he is furious with Heyman and Dreamer and yells at them before celebrating retaining the WWE Title, whilst glaring at his former co-workers

Squash Fodder

Status

Not much to write about on the opening match…I wonder if the details on the botch will play into anything going forward.

I like that the triple threat tag match was essentially double elimination…that may be a concept I borrow…with permission of course.

Nitro winning is the right call…still weird to me hearing him called Nitro.

Not much to comment on your matches since they are really quick recaps. I like Carlito so no problem with him winning this match.

RKO on the concrete would be sick to see in person and depending where Orton lands it could have been a double 10 count. Looks like this is the end of this feud.

Nothing wrong with Trish vs Lita at all. Mutual show of respect is cool…wondering whats next for Trish.

Batista winning is cool and I like the stipulation, you put on that they get a match of their own choice is cool.

IDK about having both Elimination matches back to back is a good thing, but its not my show. Good showing with Benjamin. I would of preferred him having to face the odds like 3 on 1 and got it down to 1 on 1.

JBL over Taker and im a tad surprised. I feel this isn’t over just yet, but idk how u go to the next stage.

Heyman screwing over Cena was interesting and him enlisting Dreamer to do it was even more interesting. I feel like it should have been a Dreamer DDT onto a steel chair, b/c of all the kick outs of finishers earlier in the show.

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to Armageddon 2006

Casket Match:

On December 1, JBL defeats Kurt Angle in a non title match after interference from Mr. Kennedy but in the aftermath his attention is grabbed when lighting strikes the ring post, terrifying JBL

The following week on December 8, JBL is washing his face in the bathroom when The Undertaker appears in the mirror. JBL freaks out; spinning round but there is nobody there. Later in the show, The Undertaker cuts a promo about making sure that JBL rests in peace come Armageddon. Just before the main event of the show, Teddy Long confirms the title match at Armageddon

On December 15, two nights before Armageddon, JBL is paranoid about everything and nearly decks Josh Matthews when he comes to interview him about his title match at Armageddon. JBL is jumpy throughout the interview but nothing happens as he details his intentions to hold onto the title through whatever challenge The Undertaker brings at Armageddon

Later in the show, the druids of the Undertaker slowly roll a Casket to the ringside area before the lights go out and Taker is in the ring. He cuts a chilling promo about how JBL will rest in peace come Armageddon, when he faces The Undertaker in a Casket Match

Loser Leaves Town Street Fight: Batista vs. Mark Henry

On December 1, Batista was about to announce that he would be challenging JBL for the World Heavyweight Championship at Armageddon when he was attacked by Mark Henry once again. Henry brutalised Batista and left him lying in a pool of his own blood.

On December 8, Batista tells Long that he wants Henry in one last match at Armageddon so Teddy Long books a Street Fight between the two at Armageddon and tells both men that whoever loses is done on Smackdown.

On December 15, Batista attacked Mark Henry backstage but Henry takes control and hits Batista with a World Strongest Slam on the roof of a car before powerslamming him through the windscreen

Submission Match: Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Kennedy

On December 1, Mr. Kennedy interrupts a non title match between JBL and Angle, costing Angle the match

On December 8, Angle tells Long that he will be using his Armageddon match for a Submission Match against Mr. Kennedy to finally settle their issues. Long agrees and books the match

On December 15, the two of them have a verbal exchange where Kennedy claims that he will embarrass Angle at Armageddon and will make him tap out to his own submission hold. Angle responds that not only will he win the match, but he will break Kennedy’s ankle

Cruiserweight Championship: Johnny Nitro (c) vs. Joey Mercury
    Melina is banned from ringside

On December 1, Joey Mercury demands a rematch with Johnny Nitro, claiming that he would have win if Melina didn’t stick her nose in. Nitro refuses, telling Mercury to earn it

On December 8, Mercury pleads his case to Teddy Long who not only books the match, but also bans Melina from ringside under penalty of Nitro getting stripped of the title if she so much as looks at the ring

On December 15, Nitro tries to attack Mercury following a match but Mercury outsmarts him and throws him out

United States Championship: Matt Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Lashley

On December 1, Bobby Lashley tells Long that he wants his Armageddon match to be a title match with Matt Hardy. Long accepts that and books the match for Armageddon

On December 8, Hardy teams with Finlay against Lashley and Gregory Helms but Hardy abandons Finlay during the match, wanting nothing to do with Lashley. Lashley wins the match for his team with a Running Powerslam on Finlay.

The following week, Hardy attacks Lashley following a match, blasting him in the back of the head with the US Title

Gregory Helms and Paul Burchill vs. Finlay and William Regal

On December 1, Gregory Helms faces off against William Regal in singles action. Regal cheats to win using a pair of brass knuckles behind the referee’s back. Finlay attacks Helms following the match and Regal joins in. Burchill makes the save

On December 8, Burchill and Helms make an agreement to use their Armageddon match jointly, challenging Regal and Finlay to a tag match at Armageddon

On December 15, Regal and Finlay accept the challenge with a backstage assault on Helms and Burchill, leaving both men down and out

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Pitbulls (c) vs. Deuce and Domino w/Cherry

Jamie Noble would cut a promo on December 1, talking about the botch from Survivor Series and how his career flashed before his eyes during the match. He then turns to Kash and is about to thank him for being his tag partner when both men are blasted from behind by Deuce and Domino, who are making their debut

The newcomers concentrate their brutal assault on what they believe to be the weak link, the neck of Jamie Noble, hitting the Crack ‘em in da mouth

The following week on December 8, Jamie Noble is being looked over in the medical office and is being watched by both Kid Kash and GM Teddy Long. Kash and Noble ask for a match with Deuce and Domino and although he is hesitant, Long books the title match for Armageddon and then books a singles match between Kash and Deuce for the following week

On December 15, Kid Kash pins Deuce in a singles match. Following the match, Domino tries to attack Kash but instead gets caught by a Dead Level, leaving the tag champs on top, heading into Armageddon

Bra and Panties Match:
    Ariel vs. Ashley Massaro
    AKA Torture Porn, the match

On December 1, the Hooligan lose a match to Deuce and Domino and backstage, Ariel mocks Ashley

The following week, Mike Knox and Kevin Thorn face off against the Hooligans and Kendrick pins Knox. After the match, Ashley mocks Ariel, leading to a cat fight at ringside which ends with Ariel ripping Ashley’s top off, humiliating her

On December 15, Ariel is told by Teddy Long that Ashley has requested a match against her at Armageddon and that it will be a Bra and Panties match

In other news, Randy Orton took two weeks off following his win over Punk at Survivor Series, returning on December 15 where he cuts a promo about his focus having been renewed following his win and he will make an impact come Sunday

A series of vignettes would play through the first three weeks of December, hyping the return of Rey Mysterio, set to take place on December 22

Also, Mike and Todd Shane have been sent back to OVW as a result of their horrendous botch at Survivor Series. It is unknown how long they will remain if they perform another botch of the same level.

Casket Match:
    JBL (c) vs. The Undertaker

Loser Leaves Town Street Fight:
    Batista vs. Mark Henry

Submission Match:

The Pitbulls (c) vs. Deuce and Domino w/Cherry

Crusierweight Championship:

Gregory Helms and Paul Burchill vs. William Regal and Finlay

Matt Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Lashley

Bra and Panties Match:
    Ashley Massaro vs. Ariel

-----

As always, predictions are welcome

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE Presents

Armageddon

Live on Pay-Per-View from the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia

December 17th 2006

Bra and Panties Match:
    Ariel vs. Ashley

Ariel is wearing a black shirt and black skirt whilst Ashley is wearing a mesh tube top over a pink bra and a blue with white stripes skirt

This travesty of a match gets underway with Ariel knocking Ashley down with a weak looking clothesline

Ariel dominates from there, mounting Ashley and unloading some very weak rights and lefts, before hitting a wonky looking Leg Drop

She attempts to pull off Ashley’s skirt but is stopped when Ashley pulls Ariel forward, with her head whacking the middle turn buckle

Following this, Ashley is able to remove Ariel’s black shirt, revealing a surprisingly sexy black lace bra underneath

She goes to win the match but Ariel rolls away from her, out of the ring

When Ashley follows, Ariel sprays her in the face with some red mist, meant to be blood and is able to drop her with a weak DDT, before ripping her skirt off to reveal a pair of pink panties underneath

However, before she can pull Ashley’s top off, Ashley whips her against the barricade and then throws her back into the ring

Ashley then climbs back into the ring but gets caught by Ariel who lifts her up for a brain buster but Ashley wriggles out of it and plants Ariel with a poor DDT before tearing off Ariel’s skirt to win the match

Winner of the Match: Ashley

Gregory Helms and Paul Burchill vs. William Regal and Finlay

Helms is immediately under fire as the match begins with Finlay taking control and battering him all over the ring before tagging out to Regal

Regal takes the fight to the mat, showcasing his skill, dominating Helms further.

Regal and Finlay use quick tags to their advantage as they control the match. However, as Finlay looks to put the match away with a Celtic Cross, Helms escapes and makes the tag to Burchill who explodes into the ring

Burchill flattens Finlay with a clothesline before decking Regal with a cheap shot.

Finlay rolls to the outside, looking to leave but is stopped by Helms who throws him back into the ring

Burchill goes for the C-4 and connects with it but Regal breaks up the fall at two

Burchill goes after Regal and so is unaware of Finlay grabbing the shillelagh

After John Cone pulls Regal away, Burchill turns, DIRECTLY INTO A SHOT FROM THE SHILLELAGH!! He goes out like a light

Helms also eats a shot from Shillelagh, knocking him off the apron

Finlay picks up the downed Burchill and PLANTS HIM WITH A CELTIC CROSS!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!

Winners of the Match: Finlay and William Regal

Mercury, surprisingly takes control right at the start, going all out to beat his former partner which forces Nitro to rethink his plans. He even teases leaving

Eventually, Nitro comes back to the ring but Mercury remains in control. Nitro goes to the apron, motioning to the crowd, getting some heat

Mercury dropkicks Nitro, sending him flying into the guard rail with Nitro landing roughly on chest

Nitro stays down for a while, looking for a countout to retain his title but Mercury gets wise to his plan at seven and leaves the ring to reset the count

Mercury goes to grab Nitro but Nitro counters and throws Mercury head first into the steel steps

Nitro dominates from there, beating Mercury around the ringside area

He throws Mercury into the ring and gets a near fall

Mercury is in a lot of pain as Nitro works over his knee. Nitro begins to get cocky, mocking Mercury

Mercury starts to fight back but Nitro just clatters his knee, sending him back to the mat

Nitro locks in a Sharpshooter but Mercury makes the ropes

Nitro becomes more and more frustrated with his own inability to put Mercury away

Mercury fights back, taking advantage of Nitro’s inability to finish him

Mercury eventually looks to hit a Frankenstenier to Nitro but Nitro reverses it, hitting a second rope powerbomb to Mercury for a two count

Nitro follows it up with his Split-Legged Moonsault and nails it, ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!

Winner of the match and STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Johnny Nitro

WWE Tag Team Championships:
    The Pitbulls (c) vs. Deuce & Domino w/Cherry

Jamie Noble is the immediate target of Deuce as the match begins as the greaser decks Noble from behind with a clothesline, knocking Kid Kash to the floor

Noble is isolated from Kash as Deuce and Domino utilize quick tags to their advantage

Noble tries to make the hot tag to Kash but Domino kills that hope by pulling Kash from the apron and bouncing his head off the steel steps

In the ring, Deuce nails Noble with a power bomb for a near fall
    He calls Domino in and they hit the Crack ‘em in Da Mouth but Noble kicks out again

Deuce then nails Noble with a second Powerbomb but once again Noble kicks out

Deuce is in disbelief and argues with John Cone that he didn’t count properly

Noble is able to get in position to make the hot tag, only for Kash to get pulled down again by Domino

Domino then nails Kash with a DDT on the floor

Noble, now aware of his diminishing chances, fights for all he is worth, getting the crowd behind him as he nearly gets the advantage on Deuce before a distraction from Cherry allows the greaser to nail Noble with a low blow

Deuce follows it up with a third vicious powerbomb in the middle of the ring. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! WE HAVE NEW WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

Winners of the Match and NEW WWE Tag Team Champions: Deuce and Domino

Matt Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Lashley

Hardy immediately starts with an eye poke to Lashley and takes full advantage to dominate the early going

At one point in his early domination, he removes one of the turnbuckle covers but can’t use it as Charles Robinson spots what he is doing and warns him that he is risking disqualification

Eventually, Lashley just powers out of an attempted Side Effect and starts battering Hardy all over the ring, before clotheslining him out of the ring

Hardy tries to leave the ringside area with his title but Lashley is immediately on him until Hardy hits an unseen low blow to Lashley to regain control

Hardy takes the match back into the ring, nailing Lashley with a Side Effect for a near fall.

Hardy goes for the Twist of Fate but Lashley blocks it, lifting Hardy for a Running Powerslam but Hardy rolls out on impact

Lashley goes out and picks Hardy up, throwing him into the ring, getting a near fall

Lashley sets up for a Spear but Hardy dodges it, with Lashley going head first into the exposed turnbuckle

Hardy manages to roll Lashley up, grabbing a handful of tights. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!

Winner of the Match and STILL United States Champion: Matt Hardy

Hardy quickly gets the hell out of dodge following the match, knowing that he came very close to losing the US Title tonight

Submission Match:

Angle immediately takes the match to the mat, using his amateur background to dominate his opponent for a few minutes.

He attempts to win early with an Armbar but Kennedy blocks it, using the fact that the Submission Match has no disqualifications to poke Angle in the eye right in front of Nick Patrick

Kennedy, goes after Angle’s knee and ankle, staying true to his promise of winning with Angle’s own move as he briefly locks in an Ankle Lock but Angle rolls through, sending Kennedy through the ropes to the floor

Angle goes to leave the ring when WHAM!! Kennedy smashes him over the head with a chair. Angle slumps down onto the apron.

Kennedy pulls Angle off the apron and DRILLS HIM WITH A MIC CHECK ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RING!!

Kennedy rolls Angle back in the ring and locks in the Ankle Lock but Angle makes the ropes.

Kennedy pulls him back into the middle of the ring, but this time Angle rolls through and Kennedy goes flying into the uncovered turnbuckle from the previous match, busting him open

Angle takes advantage of the dazed and bloody Kennedy to NAIL HIM WITH AN ANGLE SLAM!!

Angle then locks in the Ankle Lock in the middle of the ring but Kennedy makes the ropes.

Angle pulls him back to the middle but as Kennedy looks to do the same again, Angle pulls him back again and this time GRAPEVINES THE LEG!!

Kennedy has nowhere to go, with blood pouring down his face, in scenes reminiscent of Wrestlemania 13, PASSES OUT IN THE ANKLE LOCK!!

Nick Patrick checks the arm of Kennedy and when it falls a third time, CALLS FOR THE BELL!!

Winner of the Match: Kurt Angle

Angle lets go of the Ankle Lock, not going through with his own promise to break Kennedy’s ankle and celebrates briefly before leaving the ring

Loser Leaves Town Street Fight:
    Batista vs. Mark Henry

Batista comes into this match with his ribs wrapped in bandages and Mark Henry immediately targets them in the early going, concentrating all of his attacks on them

Henry grabs a chair early on and unloads on Batista, drilling him repeatedly in the ribs

A final shot to the ribs is followed by an attempted World’s Strongest Splash but Batista moves out of the way

Batista immediately goes for a Spear and it connects but Henry barely moves at all, clubbing Batista on the back of his ribs, driving him down

Henry continues to work over the ribs of Batista before grabbing the chair again. This time, however, Batista ducks and the chair rebounds off the ropes, back into Henry’s face, dazing him

Batista goes for a Spear again and this time it flattens Henry. Batista goes for a cover and gets a near fall

After Henry kicks out, Batista waits for him to get up before NAILING HIM WITH A SPINEBUSTER!! BUT HENRY KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Batista gets to his feet, stares at Henry for a couple of seconds before firing himself up as he picks Henry up and GOES FOR THE BATISTA BOMB, NAILING IT!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! BATISTA WINS!!

Winner of the Match and remaining on Smackdown: Batista

Immediately, post match, Randy Orton makes an appearance, drilling Batista with an RKO before standing over the fallen Animal, making it clear that this was the impact he was planning to make

Casket Match:
    JBL (c) vs. The Undertaker

Bradshaw starts as he means to go on, jumping Taker on the ramp and unloading a series of power moves on the ramp

But Taker JUST SITS UP!!

Bradshaw boots him in the head and then throws him into the ringside area, next to the Casket. He nails a scoop slam on the floor but Taker SITS UP AGAIN!!

Bradshaw grabs a chair and blasts Taker with it full in the face, busting him open but TAKER SITS UP A THIRD TIME!!

Bradshaw then waits for Taker to get to his feet and knocks his block with a thunderous Clothesline from Hell

He rolls Taker over towards the Casket but Taker lands in the Casket on his feet and whacks JBL with a right hand, sending him sprawling backwards into the ring

Taker is finally able to divest himself of his leather coat, which frees his movement somewhat. Bradshaw comes back after him but Taker meets him with a series of rights and left as he begins to dominate the strike exchange

Taker drives Bradshaw into the corner, unloading a series of blows that rock Bradshaw. He follows it up with a Snake Eyes and Big Boot combo

When Bradshaw gets to his feet, Taker plants him with a Chokeslam

Taker than goes to win the match and begins rolling Bradshaw over to the casket but Bradshaw also lands on his feet

Bradshaw pulls Taker into the casket and two have a brief strike exchange in the casket, which Taker wins by decking Bradshaw so hard that he goes flying out of the Casket

When Taker gets out of the Casket, Bradshaw smashes him with another chair.

Bradshaw throws Taker back in the ring but as he gets in the ring, Taker SITS UP FOR A FOURTH TIME!!

Bradshaw cannot believe it but bounces off the ropes, looking for a second Clothesline From Hell but Taker ducks it and lifts JBL up, nailing him with a Tombstone Piledriver

Taker then rolls Bradshaw over to the Casket, dumping him into it and SHUTTING THE LID!! TAKER WINS THE WORLD TITLE!!

Winner of the Match and NEW World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to New Year's Revolution 2007

November 27th 2006 to January 1st 2007

Hardcore Match:

John Cena vs. Cactus Jack

John Cena, furious about getting screwed at Survivor Series goes beserk backstage on November 27, looking for Paul Heyman. He finally gets confronted by Mick Foley who warns him that he is risking suspension with his actions. Cena responds by brutalising the RAW GM, ending his assault with a thunderous F-U off the stage. A shot of the bloodied Foley is shown as the show ends

The following week on December 4, Cena is called to the office of the General Manager but is shocked to find Paul Heyman sat behind the desk, instead of Mick Foley. Heyman explains that Mick named him as Interim General Manager for the time being. He also tells Cena that any physical action against him will result in an indefinite suspension.

Heyman then follows that up by telling Cena that Mick wants him in a match at New Years Revolution and that it will be a Hardcore Match

Heyman warns Cena that he may be in over his head come January 7 but Cena dismisses his warning, telling him that Foley will not be a challenge.

On December 11, Cena finally gets his hands on Tommy Dreamer to get his revenge for Survivor Series and he batters the ECW Alumni from pillar to post for nearly ten minutes before ending the match with a thunderous F-U

Immediately, after the match Mick Foley makes his first appearance since November 27 to attack Cena with the BARBED WIRE BAT!!

Cena gets the hell out of Dodge as Mick looks feral in his need to attack Cena. Mick thanks Cena for what he did and warns him that come New Years Revolution, he is going to regret it

The following week on December 18, Cena confronts Foley backstage and mocks him but Foley doesn’t respond until Cena uses his first name and even then, only to tell John that ‘Mick isn’t here, John’ before brawling with him. Ultimately they are separated by security

On the Christmas edition of RAW, Mick Foley cuts a promo about his upcoming match with Cena and thanks Cena for his attack on November because it had once again unleashed the monster within that Mick had locked away following his loss to Edge last year. Mick tells the fans that Cena will be quaking in his boot when Cactus Jack comes for him at New Years Revolution

Later in the show, Cactus shows no sign of ring rust as he defeats Val Venis in a quick match. Cena attacks following the match and briefly has the upper hand before an unintentional distraction from Venis allows Cactus to take control of the brawl and he plants Cena with a pile driver before laughing at him

On January 1, Cena destroys Val Venis in a squash match before he and Cactus have another a staredown following the match

WWE Championship:

Shawn Michaels (c) vs. RVD

On November 27, RVD cuts a promo about how he didn’t want to win the way that he did last night and that he wants to be a fighting champion and so he issues a challenge to anybody willing backstage and is not surprised when Shawn Michaels answers the challenge. The two agree to a title match for December 4

During the title match, Paul Heyman shows up again but Van Dam spots him this time and tells him to leave before TURNING INTO SWEET CHIN MUSIC. 3 seconds later, we have a NEW WWE Champion. For the first time in 8 years, Shawn Michaels is the WWE Champion

On December 11, Van Dam tells Michaels that he wants a rematch as he enjoyed their match and wants his title back. Michaels agrees and but they get interrupted by Paul Heyman who books the match for New Years Revolution on January 7

On December 18, Michaels teams with Chris Masters against RVD and Carlito. RVD and Carlito are not a cohesive team however, as Carlito abandons his partner, allowing Michaels to pin his challenger following a Sweet Chin Music

On the Christmas edition of RAW, RVD seemed to suffer an injury to his right leg during a match with Matt Striker as he began limping towards the end of the match.

On the go home show before New Years Revolution, Michaels has a backstage confrontation with RVD during which Michaels promises that he will take no shortcuts during their title match and that he expects RVD to do the same. RVD tells Michaels that he will be fighting clean at the PPV and that he will make sure that nobody helps him, unwanted or not.

World Tag Team Championships:
    The Highlanders (c) vs. Cryme Tyme

After winning the tag titles at Survivor Series, the Highlanders immediately get challenged by the former champs to a rematch but the match is one of the things that get caught up in the beserk madness of John Cena who levels all four men, causing the match to get thrown out

The following week on December 4, The Highlanders are challenged by the Redneck Wrecking Crew and the two teams agree to a title match on December 11

On December 11, The Highlanders defeat Cade and Murdoch with ease to retain the titles but are immediately attacked by JTG and Shad following the match with both members of the Highlanders being laid out by a G-9

December 18 sees Stephanie McMahon book a Tag Team Turmoil for December 25 to determine the number one contenders for the tag titles

The firs team out are Cade & Murdoch and they face off against The Strike Squad. Cade eliminates the Stirke Squad after catching Nemeth with a Lariat, that he now calls the Longhorn Lariat

The third team out are Val Venis & Eugene who are simply there to pad the numbers as Cade puts Venis away with a Longhorn Lariat. The next team is Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly.

Holly and Haas, despite only coming together back in September look like a well oiled team as Holly pins Murdoch following an Alabama Slam

The final team is Cryme Tyme and the final period of the match is the longest as these two team fight for an opportunity to face the champs. Ultimately, JTG and Shad triumph after a G-9 on Haas

The Highlanders, having been on commentary for the match then have a stare down with their challengers

The next week, six days before New Years Revolution, The Highlanders team with Cade & Murdoch against Cryme Tyme and the Strike Squad in an 8 man tag match where Shad pins Cade with a Chokeslam to give Cryme Tyme the momentum, heading into their title match

Carlito (c) vs. Chris Masters vs. Jeff Hardy

The night after Survivor Series, Jeff Hardy confronts Carlito about the way he retained his title but Carlito simply tells Jeff that he did whatever he needed to retain the belt. When Jeff then asks for another shot, Carlito tells him to get in line

On December 4, Paul Heyman books a 10 man battle royal to determine the number one contender to the Intercontinental title, set to take place on December 11

The battle royal on December 11 sees Chris Masters and Jeff Hardy eliminate each other at the same time. Referees John Cone and Scott Armstrong each proclaim Hardy and Masters as the winner and Heyman decides to book a match between the two for the Christmas edition of RAW with the winner going on to face Carlito for the IC title at New Years Revolution

The next week on December 18, Carlito is forced to team with RVD against Shawn Michaels and Chris Masters but abandons his team mate immediately, allowing Michaels to pick up a win. Backstage following the match, Carlito is confronted by Jeff Hardy who implies that Carlito is a coward, leading to a brief brawl between the two that is stopped by Masters. Masters and Hardy then have a tense staredown, ahead of their number one contender match next week

On the Christmas edition of RAW, Carlito disrupts the number one contender match, taking both men out with a chair which results in Paul Heyman booking a Triple Threat for New Years Revolution

On January 1, Carlito gains another new partner in Matt Striker as he once again takes on Hardy and Masters. Hardy scores the fall following a Swanton Bomb. After the match Masters locks Hardy in the Masterlock but Carlito drills him in the back of the head with the Intercontinental championship, allowing him to pose over both his challengers

Number One Contender:
    Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane

Kane attacks Benjamin on November 27, blaming him for his disqualification at Survivor Series, despite the fact that it was caused by Kane himself. Kane ends his attack with a Chokeslam to Benjamin on the stage

The next week, Kane and Benjamin are set to face off in a match but it never starts as Kane attacks Benjamin from behind on the stage and nails Benjamin with a Tombstone on the stage. He follows it up with a second and then a third

The following week, Kane continues his path of destruction, flattening Rob Conway in a squash.

On December 18, Shelton Benjamin is interviewed from his hospital bed via satellite, telling the fans that he will be back in time for New Years Revolution and that he wants Kane in a match at the event

On December 25, Paul Heyman books the match at New Years Revolution between Kane and Benjamin. Later in the show, Kane destroys a local Canadian jobber called Yanick Jones (hint hint)

On January 1, Kane and Benjamin have a confrontation which surprisingly does not turn physical. Kane promises Benjamin that he will regret challenging him and Benjamin responds that this is all because Kane chose not to take responsibility for his own actions at Survivor Series. Before any physicality can happen, Paul Heyman interrupts, telling them that the winner of their match at New Years Revolution will face the WWE Champion at the Royal Rumble

Edge vs. Triple H

The night after Survivor Series, on November 27, Edge confronts Triple H and calls him soft for not attacking Benjamin after their match at Survivor Series. Triple H responds that he had beaten him, he did not need to do anything more

On December 4, Edge brutalises Eugene during and after their match before calling Triple H a coward for not doing the same to Benjamin at Survivor Series.

The following week on December 11, Triple H confronts Edge backstage and warns him to stop what he is doing because he won’t like the outcome. Edge goads Triple H again by brutalising Val Venis, even using the Pedigree to finish him off before mocking Triple H by sarcastically performing some of his taunts

Triple H finally snaps on December 18 when Edge does a full Triple H routine, calling himself Triple E. Triple H comes out, Sledgehammer in hand and blasts Edge full in the face before drilling him with a Pedigree

On the Christmas edition of RAW, Triple H demands a match with Edge but Interim General Manager Paul Heyman books the match for New Years Revolution

The following week on New Year’s Day, Triple H is on commentary when Edge and Eugene have a rematch. Edge is paranoid about what Triple H might do, which nearly allows Eugene to win the match but ultimately Edge triumph with a Spear

Edge then confronts Triple H in front of the announce table but Triple H just smirks at him and walks away

Womens Championship: Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Lita vs. Victoria

Also on November 27, Edge dumps Lita, claiming that he needs to be with somebody as ruthless as he is. Trish comforts Lita and tells her that she doesn’t need Edge as he’s a douchebag

The following week on December 4, Lita and Mickie James have a match to determine the number one contender to the womens title but the match ends in a draw after both are laid out by Victoria

On December 11, Victoria claims that she will stop at nothing to become the Womens Champion once again and that nobody can stop her. She is then confronted by Trish Stratus and the two agree to a title match on December 18

During the title match, Mickie James attacks, taking both Trish and Victoria out before Lita makes the save, sending Mickie from the ring, only to turn in a Widow’s Peak from Victoria

The Christmas edition of RAW sees Interim General Manager Paul Heyman book a Fatal Four Way for the Womens Title at New Years Revolution

January 1 sees Lita and Trish team up against Victoria and Mickie and Mickie pins Lita during the match following a Mickie-DT. However, Victoria nails her tag partner with a Widow’s Peak before Trish hits Victoria with a Chick Kick. Trish then poses over Victoria

Squash Fodder

Status

Currently still writing out NYR 2007 so here, have an update on the woes of TNA

TNA End of Year Round Up

Following her incident at Bound For Glory, Gail Kim was repeatedly humiliated on screen by Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Scott D’Amore, although none of the members of Team Canada looked happy to be doing it. It reached a zenith six days before Final Resolution when Roode and Young visibly refused to go through with a spot on Kim, which was intended to recreate the incident from Bound For Glory

Following Final Resolution, during which Kim had a bucket of pig shit dumped on her head, Team 3-D held a meeting with various tag teams backstage and together with AMW and LAX, went and confronted Vince Russo over his on-screen treatment of Gail Kim. He tried to defend it, by saying that she’s just a women and shouldn’t be wrestling. James Storm proceeded to deck him and tell him that he was nothing more than a leech and didn’t deserve to be in the wrestling business.

Team 3-D, AMW, LAX and Team Canada immediately marched to the office of Jeff Jarrett and told him that if Russo was still in charge of creative next week, then they would be leaving

Russo would spin a yarn, painting the teams as the bad guys and Jarrett actually buys it which results in Team 3-D, LAX, AMW (and Gail Kim) and Team Canada walking out on their TNA contracts

Jim Cornette also left TNA following an altercation with Vince Russo, which left Russo with a broken nose and two black eyes

The Naturals claimed the NWA Tag Team Championships from LAX at Turning Point and then retained over them at Final Resolution. LAX would sandbag the match at Final Resolution and leave immediately after the end of the match was over

Sean Waltman surprised Samoa Joe for the X-Division title at Turning Point but would immediately drop the title to Jay Lethal at Final Resolution.

This would be Sean Waltman’s last appearance in TNA in 2006 as he no showed the two weeks following Final Resolution and was sacked by TNA Management

Abyss would defend the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Kevin Nash in a piss poor match at Turning Point which he won after a Black Hole Slam that Nash sandbagged.

The following month, Abyss would retain again, this time, defeating Scott Hall, who was once more drugged out of his mind with a Black Hole Slam. He had to visibly hold Hall down for the three count though.

The combined buys for Turning Point (29,000) and Final Resolution (19,000) would draw less than the buys for Bound For Glory and Vince Russo supposedly blamed Gail Kim for it, which is what led to her repeated humilation

With incidents like this and Vince Russo largely in control of creative, the future of TNA is in doubt, there is no question of that.

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE Presents

New Years Revolution

January 7th 2007

Live on Pay-Per-View at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri

World Tag Team Championship:
    The Highlanders (c) vs. Cryme Tyme

Shad uses his size advantage to immediately take control of the match, isolating Robbie from Rory

Cryme Tyme uses quick tags to their advantage as they keep Robbie isolated for a large period

Robbie eventually counters a DDT attempt from JTG to make the hot tag to Rory

Rory goes wild, decking JTG and clotheslining Shad to the floor. He goes to end the match with a Powerbomb but JTG counters it into a Hurricanrana

JTG and Shad then isolate Rory, just like they did Robbie earlier in the match

Robbie, having had enough, tries to get in the ring but is stopped by Scott Armstrong. This allows Cryme Tyme to cheat to keep the advantage over Rory

Rory escapes a G-9 attempt to make the hot tag to Robbie, who cleans house, sending both JTG and Shad to the floor

When JTG gets back in the ring, Robbie catches him with an Overhead Belly to Belly and goes for the cover, only to be told by Scott Armstrong that JTG is not the legal man, just in time for Shad to put his boot through the back of his head

Shad picks up the downed Highlander and nails him with a thunderous Powerbomb but only gets a two

Cryme Tyme then hit Robbie with a G-9 and Shad covers him. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!

Winners of the Match and NEW World Tag Team Champions: Cryme Tyme

Carlito (c) vs. Chris Masters vs. Jeff Hardy

Right at the start, it looks like Hardy and Masters are going to come to blows but Carlito, who is smirking in the corner, goading both of them, draws their attention away from each other

Hardy and Masters beat Carlito into the corner and exchange periods of stomping on him and then go into a chop fest as both men nail Carlito

They even collaborate for a Poetry in Motion, after which Hardy covers Carlito but Masters pulls him off.

Hardy and Masters argue, with Masters throwing the first punch, rocking Hardy.

The two of them then brawl to the outside, giving Carlito time to recover

Carlito watches from the ring as Hardy and Masters use the barricades and the ring steps to beat the tar out of each other

Eventually, they return to the ring and Carlito, smartly rolls to the outside.

Masters get the better of Hardy for a brief period, keeping him down on the mat

Masters get a two count after a Full Nelson Slam on Hardy and Carlito, getting worried that Masters will actually win, returns to the ring and drop kicks Masters, sending him to the floor

Carlito nails Hardy with a brainbuster and goes for a cover but Hardy kicks out at two

Carlito then slaps Hardy around, which backfires as Hardy fires up, nailing Carlito with a Whisper in the Wind for a long two count

Masters returns to the ring, locking Hardy into the Masterlock. Hardy fights for all he is worth but is treated as a rag doll by Masters, until Carlito breaks it up with a chair shot to the back of Masters

Carlito unloads with the chair, drilling Masters repeatedly in the ribs. Unfortunately he forgets about Hardy, which allows Jeff to spin him round, kick him in the gut and nail him with A TWIST OF FATE ONTO THE CHAIR!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! WE HAVE A NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and NEW Intercontinental Champion: Jeff Hardy

Womens Championship:
    Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Lita vs. Victoria

This match immediately breaks down into a wild brawl as Victoria spears Trish through the ropes to the floor, before unloading a series of rights and lefts to the head

Mickie slaps the taste right out of the mouth of Lita, who fires back by taking Mickie with a clothesline. She follows up with a Snap Suplex and a roll through DDT

Lita then rolls to the outside and drags Victoria off Trish, throwing her into the barricade

Before she can do anything else however, Mickie flies off the apron, knocking Lita down with a crossbody. Mickie stomps a couple of times on Lita before throwing Trish back in the ring

Mickie concentrates on Trish, dominating the champion with various moves, including a vicious looking powerbomb which scores her a near fall

Victoria and Lita brawl on the outside, using the barricades, steel steps and the ring post on each other. Victoria is busted open when she is thrown into the ring post. This is not planned and she briefly freaks out

Referee Jim Korderas checks her out and seemingly tells her that the cut isn’t deep, as Victoria immediately smirks psychotically and goes right after Lita again, bouncing her head off the ring steps

Meanwhile, in the ring, Mickie gets another near fall from a Snap DDT. She attempts to follow it up with her Mickie-DT but Trish counters it, hitting a surprisingly crisp belly-to-belly Suplex

With Victoria and Lita still brawling on the outside, Trish presses her advantage on Mickie, nailing her with a brainbuster for a near fall which is broken up by Victoria

Blood dripping down her forehead, Victoria looks truly psychotic as she goes after Trish, stomping away on the champion, before turning towards Mickie, waiting for her to get up

However, before she can do anything, a masked woman attacks her from behind with a chair. The masked woman then follows up with a Piledriver onto the chair.

The masked women then drills Mickie and Trish a chair shot

She briefly poses over the downed women before getting out of the ring and grabbing Lita, hitting her WITH A PILEDRIVER ON THE OUTSIDE!!

In the ring, Trish crawls over, draping her arm over Victoria. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! TRISH IS STILL WOMENS CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and STILL Womens Champion: Trish Stratus

Edge vs. Triple H

Edge mocks Triple H mercilessly with his entrance, going full on Triple E, even doing the same motions with his water bottle

Triple H storms down to the ring, not in the mood for this as he decked Edge with a right hand, which knocks him down. Triple H then mounts Edge and unloads a series of rights and lefts right into the face of Edge

Triple H goes to end it quickly with a Pedigree but Edge counters with a Back Body Drop over the top rope, sending Triple H to the floor

As Triple H tries to get in the ring, Edge takes him out with a Baseball Slide, sending him sprawling to the floor. Edge plants him with a DDT then rolls back in the ring, looking for the referee to count him out

Triple H rolls back into the ring at a five count but Edge is immediately on top of him, getting a near fall.

Edge goes for a Spear but Triple H sidesteps it and when Edge turns around, he gets caught by a Spinebuster from Triple H but it is only a near fall

Triple H goes for the Pedigree for a second time but again Edge counters it, this time with a roll up and a handful of tights. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! EDGE STEALS ONE!!

Winner of the Match: Edge

Edge gets the hell out of dodge as Triple H yells at the referee about how the match ended.

Number One Contender:
    Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin

Benjamin uses his amateur skills at first, taking the match down to the mat as he outwrestles Kane

However, Kane soon takes control, using his size and power advantage to dominate Benjamin

Kane beats Benjamin all over the ring but the plucky star refuses to stay down, despite Kane’s best efforts

Benjamin kicks out of a Powerbomb, Brainbuster and finally a Chokeslam, which seems to take Kane off his game

Kane starts to choke Benjamin out, using most of referee Nick Patrick’s five count to choke Benjamin in the corner with his foot

Benajmin refuses to go down and find weaknesses to exploit in Kane, hitting a Superkick and then an Exploder Suplex but KANE KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Benajmin goes for another Exploder Suplex but Kane blocks it and boots him down. Kane follows it up with a Chokeslam but BENJAMIN GETS A FOOT ON THE ROPES!!

Kane can’t believe it but picks Benjamin up and this time DRILLS HIM WITH A TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! KANE WINS!!

Winner of the Match and Number One Contender for the WWE Championship: Kane

Hardcore Match:
    John Cena vs. Cactus Jack

Cena begins the match by flattening Jack from behind with a clothesline on the ramp. He then unloads with numerous stomps to the back of Jack’s head before throwing him down the ramp

Cena goes to continue his beatdown but Jack fights him off, hitting a DDT on the ramp

Jack then grabs Cena and drags him towards the ring but Cena throws him into the apron and then nearly turns him inside out with a clothesline

Cena grabs a chair and waits for Jack to get to his feet before swinging for the fences. Jack ducks and the chair smashes into the ring post, causing Cena to drop it

Jack follows up by whipping Cena into the steel steps, with Cena smashing into them shoulder first. Jack drills Cena in the ribs with the chair before rolling him into the ring for a near fall

Jack picks Cena up, going for a Stump Puller Piledriver but Cena counters with a back body drop

With Jack down, Cena takes a moment to get his breath before grabbing his chain, wrapping it round his hand and waiting for Jack to get up

Cena decks Jack with the chain, busting him open and goes for the cover but Jack kicks out

Cena goes to hit Jack a second time but this time, Jack catches his hand and head butts Cena before knocking him down with a clothesline

A series of clotheslines follow with the final one sending both men to the floor

Jack is the first one to his feet and he grabs the BARBED WIRE BAT from under the ring and drills Cena in the face, busting him open

Jack for the piledriver again but Cena stops it again and this time he hits the F-U but JACK KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Cena then hits a second F-U but JACK GETS HIS FOOT ON THE BOTTOM ROPE!!

Anger dawns on the face of Cena over Jack’s refusal to stay down. He heads to the outside, grabs a bag of tacks and takes them into the ring but before he can open them, Jack is on him again

Jack batters Cena for a while before stopping when he accidently treads on the tack bag. He grabs it, staring at it for a couple of seconds, before a smirk splits his face and pours out hundreds of tacks

Jack grabs Cena and looks for the Piledriver for a third time and this time it connects but CENA KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Jack picks Cena up and goes for the Piledriver onto the tacks but Cena fights him off and nails him with an F-U RIGHT ONTO THE TACKS!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE-CENA PULLS THE SHOULDER UP!!

Not content with that, Cena picks Jack up and hits a SECOND F-U ONTO THE TACKS!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!!

Winner of the Match: John Cena

WWE Championship:
    Shawn Michaels (c) vs. RVD

RVD comes into the this match, still favouring his leg, having seemingly suffered an injury two weeks ago on RAW

Michaels, being the ring veteran that he is, immediately goes after the injured leg, targeting it with chop blocks, dropping elbows on it, stomping on it and various other things

RVD spends much of the early going of the match, clutching at his leg as if it is about to fall off and is seemingly unable to muster any offensive as Michaels keeps taking out the leg

Eventually Michaels looks to end the match with a Sweet Chin Music but RVD’s leg fails him and as such he ducks the Superkick, which takes referee Mike Chioda’s head off

With the referee down, RVD breaks his promise and immediately goes for a chair and brains Michaels with it, busting him open.

RVD then climbs to the top rope slowly and CONNECTS WITH THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!! BUT HE TWEAKS THE KNEE ON LANDING!!

RVD drags himself over and covers Michaels but THERE’S NO REFEREE!!

Scott Armstrong runs down to the ring and begins the count but MICHAELS KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

RVD goes up to the top rope again but hesitates this time, allowing Michaels to get up and catch Van Dam with a Superplex from the top rope

Both men are down so Scott Armstrong starts a ten count. Michaels gets to his feet, covered in blood at seven. He stares groggily at RVD for a couple of seconds before heading to the top rope. He flies through the air, CONNECTING WITH A TOP ROPE ELBOW!! RVD KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Michaels pounds the mat in frustration briefly before he gets up and starting tuning up the band. RVD gets to his feet and turns around, DIRECTLY INTO SWEET CHIN MUSIC!! MICHAELS MAKES THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! MICHAELS IS STILL WWE CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and STILL WWE Champion: Shawn Michaels

Squash Fodder

Status

I like Cryme Tyme winning just b/c I never got behind the Highlanders…I don’t know about having two hot tags in the opening match…Idk if you have another tag match tonight and if not then this is ok…but I just don’t think the double hot tag was necessary.

I think the best winner of this match was Jeff Hardy…this frees up Carlito and Masters to have their feud and Jeff can move on to the next IC contender. Good, solid booking.

I am like 50-50 on how I feel about you including that the blood was not planned…like it takes me out of the moment..idk if it was you, but someone wrote a match with a Shane Brother botching a move and it was written that they botched it. It just makes me thing your trying to be to “smart” with it…I do love a masked man/woman storyline so interested to see who is helping Trish.

Edge winning with the tights makes me thing this he is a Heel, but him mocking HHH’s entrance points to babyface…either way with the finish this feud isn’t over, so I hope you have more going forward.

I was really pulling for Benjamin to get the win, but you went with the veteran in Kane..i don’t think Benjamin’s story is over and I hope to see you push him to the moon.

Good hardcore match and it wouldn’t be a Cactus Jack WWE match with tacks….i like that Jack was the one to pour out the tacks…I just couldn’t see Cena doing that…I don’t like that Cena pulled up Jack and hit the second FU. I just think it would kill the crowd and doesn’t really add anything to the match IMO.

Michaels winning is something I like…I don’t know how I feel about the finish…I just thing that it wasn’t enough to be a main event finish…like we got the ref bump and the big kickout but then elbow drop and then Sweet Chin Music. I would of liked to see RVD get something in before the SCM.

Squash Fodder

Status

Road to the 2007 Royal Rumble

WWE Championship:
    Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Kane

Kane immediately goes after Michaels, the night after becoming the number one contender. He interferes during a match with Eugene and attacks Michaels, hitting him with a Chokeslam

On January 15, Michaels gets his revenge, nailing Kane with a Sweet Chin Music during his match with Test, allowing Test to win the match

On January 22, Interim General Manager Paul Heyman holds an official contract signing for the title match, both men sign the contract and then Michaels actually offers a handshake to Kane which the Big Red Machine responds to by simply storming off whilst Michaels looks on bemused.

Matt Hardy (c) vs. Paul Burchill

On December 22, Bobby Lashley demands a rematch with Hardy but Hardy goads him into accepting a Last Chance stipulation before agreeing to the match. Lashley dominates the match but when Hardy rolls to the outside, Lashley goes after him and plants him with the running power slam on the outside. He rolls Hardy back into the ring but before he get can into the ring, Nick Patrick reaches a ten count and ends the match, giving Hardy the count out victory and ending any chance of Lashley regaining the United States title from Hardy

On December 29, Hardy is overwhelmingly arrogant and smug about retaining the belt but gets interrupted by Paul Burchill who tells him to shut up about getting lucky. Burchill claims that he could beat Hardy easily. Hardy, offended at the mere suggestion tells Burchill to put his money where his mouth is and the two agree to a match for the following episode of Smackdown

On January 5, Burchill defeats Hardy in a non-title match but Hardy attacks him following the match and leaves him bloody and beaten.

On January 12, Burchill interferes in the 15 man battle royal to deliberately eliminate Matt Hardy

On January 19, Paul Burchill is conducting an interview when he is smashed from behind by the United States belt. Hardy then gets in the downed Burchill’s face, screaming at him that he will never beat him again. This draws the attention of Teddy Long, who books the two into a match at the Royal Rumble for the United States Title

The Undertaker (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

On December 22, Rey Mysterio makes his first appearance since losing the World Heavyweight Championship back at No Mercy. Mysterio looks to make an immediate impact on his return and challenges the Undertaker for a World Title Match, next week on Smackdown. The Undertaker responds by hitting the ringpost with lightning, before accepting the title match from the Titantron

Mysterio and Taker have a fantastic match the following week, but ultimately Taker catches Mysterio during an attempted West Coast Pop and delivers the Tombstone to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

The following week on January 5, Teddy Long announces that a 20 man battle royal will determine who will face Undertaker at the Royal Rumble. Rey Mysterio wins the battle royal, becoming the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Following the match, the lights go out and Taker is behind Mysterio but Mysterio gets out of the ring before Taker can grab him, having a staredown with the champ from ringside

On January 12, Taker and Mysterio are forced to team up against Randy Orton and Batista. Orton and Batista do not get along however, and Batista delivers a nasty looking Spinebuster to his tag partner and then abandons him to a Tombstone from the Undertaker.

The following week on January 19, Teddy Long once again forces the two to tag together, booking them into a tag title with Deuce and Domino. Late in the match, Deuce dodges a West Coast Pop and Mysterio accidently nails Taker, which leads to Taker hitting a Chokeslam on Mysterio and then watching as Deuce and Domino hit the Crack Em in Da Mouth to win the match and retain the tag titles

On the go-home show before the Rumble, Taker makes it clear that he is not happy by interfering in Mysterio’s match and hitting him with a chokeslam. He follows it up with a promo about making sure that Mysterio will rest in peace come Sunday

Womens Championship:
    Hardcore Match:
    Trish Stratus (c) vs. Victoria

The night after New Years Revolution, Victoria confronts Trish backstage, demanding to know who helped her during the Fatal Four Way. Trish is in full on denial mode though, telling Victoria that she never asked for any help and she is just as much in the dark as the rest of the divas. It is clear however, that Victoria does not believe her.

The following week on January 15, Victoria defeats Lita to earn an opportunity at the Womens Championship. She goes straight to Interim GM Paul Heyman and asks that the match be a Hardcore Match and that it take place at the Royal Rumble. Heyman agrees and books the match

On January 22, Trish is seen talking to somebody on the phone and but only the tail end of the conversation is caught as she is heard to say ‘you have to take care of this Victoria problem’. Whatever is said on the other end, seems to please Trish as she smiles before the ending the call. Almost immediately after the end of the call, Lita comes in the locker room and asks what it was about and Trish tells her that it’s nothing important. As Lita looks away, Trish gets a something of a bitchy grin on her face

Falls Count Anywhere:
    Triple H vs. Edge

After cheating to beat Triple H at New Years Revolution, Edge is on cloud nine, at least until Triple H chases him through the arena on January 8 with it culminating in a parking lot brawl between the two. Edge actually wins the fight and puts Triple H head first through a car window

The following week, Edge interferes in a Triple H match, drilling him with a chair and using a second chair, repeatedly smashing with a Con-Chair-To in the middle of the ring, until Triple H is lying a pool of his own blood

On January 22, six days before the Rumble, Edge cuts a promo about doing what he had to survive last week. Before he can any further though, he gets interrupted by Paul Heyman who tells him that Triple H has requested a Fall Counts Anywhere Match against him at the Royal Rumble. Edge is furious and demands that the match be scrapped but Heyman just laughs at him and leaves

John Morrison (c) vs. Kid Kash

After defeating Joey Mercury for the second time at Armageddon, Johnny Nitro cut a promo on December 22 about casting off his past ties and therefore would be known from this point forward as John Morrison

On December 29, Morrison issues an open challenge which is answered by former cruiserweight champion Kid Kash. Kash gives Morrison a hell of a fight but ultimately Morrison wins following a split legged moonsault. The following week on January 5, Kash challenges Morrison to put the belt up for grabs at the Rumble against him. Morrison refuses, telling Kash to get in line

On January 12, Teddy Long books a Fatal Four way between Kash, Super Crazy, Chavo Guerrero and Joey Mercury, set to take place on January 19 to determine who will face Morrison at the Rumble

Kid Kash wins the fatal four way but is immediately drilled from behind by the Cruiserweight title belt as Morrison beats the hell out of him

Two days before the Rumble, Kash teams with Mercury against Morrison and Chavo and picks up the win when he pins Chavo following a Dead Level. Morrison however has the last word, when he smashes Kash over the back of the head with a chair and then plants Kash with a DDT on said chair.

Royal Rumble Match
    Randy Orton vs. Deuce vs. Domino vs. John Morrison vs. Kid Kash vs. Matt Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Bobby Lashley vs. CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle vs. Gregory Helms vs. Batista vs. William Regal vs. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Chris Masters vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito vs. Rory McAllister vs. Test vs. Robbie McAllister vs. Eugene vs. Mark Henry vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Charlie Haas vs. JTG vs. Shad

On December 22, Randy Orton is the first declare for the Rumble. Over the show he is followed by United States Champion Matt Hardy, Batista and the WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce and Domino.

On December 29, John Morrison, Kid Kash, Mr. Kennedy, Kurt Angle and Super Crazy declare for the Rumble.

On January 5, Bobby Lashley, CM Punk, Gregory Helms, William Regal and Psicosis all declare for the Rumble

On the January 8 RAW, RVD is the first RAW star to declare for the Rumble. He is followed by Chris Masters, Eugene and Cryme Tyme

On January 12, a 15 man battle royal takes place, won by Randy Orton last eliminating Batista. In winning the battle royal, Orton earns the right to be the last man to draw his number at the Royal Rumble

On the January 15 RAW, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, The Highlanders and Hardcore Holly all declare for the Rumble. Mark Henry makes his RAW debut with a squash victory over Eugene

On the January 22 RAW, Henry declares for the Rumble, followed by Charlie Haas, Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy, Test and finally John Cena. Interim GM Paul Heyman appears immediately to inform Cena that he will enter the Rumble at number 1, per the request of Mick Foley, who is still recovering from the beating he suffered at the hands of Cena at New Years Revolution. Cena is beyond furious and chases after Heyman, only to get a caught by a MASSIVE BOOT TO THE HEAD FROM BEHIND, as Matt Morgan makes his return to the WWE. He proceeds to give Cena a CHOKESLAM THROUGH A CAR WINDSCREEN, before leaving with Heyman. The last shot before the Rumble is of a seemingly broken Cena, laying in a middle of glass

In Other News

December 22 saw Smackdown open with JBL in the ring. He was visibly upset over something and he cut an impassioned promo about wanting more than anything to challenge Undertaker to a rematch for the World Heavyweight Title, but that his body has let him down. The Doctors are refusing to clear him for in-ring action, fearful that the neck injury he suffered at Armageddon would be further injured. The passion and despondency in the promo draws the fans in as JBL announces his retirement from wrestling. Despite wrestling as a heel for the past two and a half years, the fans are chanting ‘please don’t go’ as JBL walks back up the ramp, clearly in tears
    Last edited by SuperSupremeMal; 06-20-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE Presents

THE 2007 ROYAL RUMBLE, LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW

FROM THE AT&T CENTER, IN SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

JANUARY 28TH 2007

John Morrison (c) vs. Kid Kash

Morrison immediately gets out of the ring as the match with Kash forced him to follow him outside

Kash chases Morrison around the ringside area until Morrison gets back in the ring and begins stomping on Kash as he gets back in the ring

Morrison dominates from there, taking Kash down numerous times with various moves, including a Snap Suplex, Northern Lights Suplex and an Enzuigri. He then gets a near fall from a Snap DDT

Morrison then goes for a Superkick but Kash ducks it and takes Morrison down with a tackle, following it up by unloading a series of rights and lefts right in his face

Kash has a period of dominance following the tackle and Morrison bounces all over the ring, selling for Kash. Kash gets a couple of near falls after a Powerbomb and Superplex

Kash then goes for a Dead Level but Morrison escapes it and Kash turns into a DDT. Morrison follows it up by climbing to the top rope, going for his Split-Legged Moonsault BUT KASH GETS HIS KNEES UP!!

Once he gets back to his feet, Kash grabs Morrison and lifts him up, NAILING THE DEAD LEVEL!! KASH GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! WE HAVE A NEW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and NEW Cruiserweight Champion: Kid Kash

Womens Championship:
    Hardcore Match:
    Trish Stratus (c) vs. Victoria

Victoria starts as she means to go on by blasting Stratus from behind on the ramp. She then follows it up with several vicious stomps, before picking Trish up and bouncing her head on the steel barricade at the side of the ramp

She follows it up by clubbing Trish from behind, knocking her down again. Victoria takes a moment to stare at her opponent before picking her again and throwing her further down the entrance ramp, finally reaching the ringside area

Victoria grabs a chair from under the ring and waits for Trish to get to his feet. When Trish gets to her feet, VICTORIA DRILLS HER WITH THE CHAIR, BUSTING HER OPEN!!

Victoria rolls Trish into the ring and pins her but TRISH KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Victoria can’t believe it and stares at Jim Korderas in disbelief. She picks Trish up and goes for the Widow’s Peak but Trish escapes, nailing Victoria with a DDT

Trish drags herself to the corner, where she takes a moment to gather herself before getting to her feet, finally able to remove the Womens title from around her waist. She hands it over to Jim Korderas before returning her attention to Victoria, who is getting to her feet. Trish grabs the chair and goes to hit Victoria with it but SHE DUCKS!! AND THE CHAIR REBOUNDS OFF THE ROPES!! HITTING TRISH IN THE FACE!!

Victoria follows it up by grabbing Trish and lifting her up, DELIVERING A WIDOW’S PEAK!! Before she can do anything further though, SHE IS CLOBBERED FROM BEHIND BY A MASKED WOMAN!!

The masked stares down at Victoria briefly before moving over to the corner, grabbing the chair and waiting for Victoria to get to her feet. When Victoria is finally up, the Masked Woman swings the chair, blasting her with the full force of the chair

The Masked Woman then drags Trish over and puts her on top of Victoria before yelling at Jim Korderas to make the count. ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! TRISH IS STILL WOMENS CHAMPION

Winner of the Match and STILL Womens Champion: Trish Stratus

The Masked Woman helps Trish to her feet and together they make their way up the ramp as Joey Styles and Jim Ross express confusion over the identity of the woman and why she helped Trish retain the belt against Victoria

Matt Hardy (c) vs. Paul Burchill

Hardy tricks Burchill with a Test of Strength, instead poking Burchill in the eye to take control.

Hardy looks to end the match quickly, immediately going for a Twist of Fate but Burchill counters it, pushing Hardy off into the turnbuckle.

Burchill follows Hardy into the corner, unloading with several shots to his head before setting him up for a Suplex from the top rope but Hardy counters and throws Burchill off. He then hits a Leg Drop for a near fall

Hardy goes for a second Leg Drop but Burchill moves this time and Hardy lands hard in the ring. Burchill grabs Hardy and hits a DDT for a near fall

Burchill dominates the match, bouncing Hardy all over the ring, eventually hitting him with a clothesline that sends him to the floor

Hardy heads for the time keeper’s table and grabs the US Title, intending to leave the match but Burchill grabs him from behind and looks to whip him into the Steel Steps but Hardy counters, sending Burchill shoulder first into the steps

With Burchill now down, Hardy abandons his plan to leave, smashing him in the face with a running knee against the steel steps.

Hardy then rolls Burchill into the ring and goes for the cover. Burchill powers out and Hardy pounds the mat in frustration. Hardy grabs Burchill and hits a Side Effect and goes for the cover but BURCHILL KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Burchill continues to kick out of various moves from Hardy as the champion grows more and more frustrated with his refusal to stay down

Hardy then goes to grab the US Title and looks to nail Burchill with it but referee Nick Patrick steps in front of him, warning of the risk of disqualification, which distracts Hardy until Burchill is up and behind him, NAILING HIM WITH A ROLLING CUTTER!! BURCHILL GOES FOR THE COVER!! HARDY KICKS OUT A TWO!!

Burchill picks Hardy up and goes for another Rolling Cutter but Hardy fights him off and throws him at Nick Patrick, WHICH TAKES OUT THE REFEREE!! HARDY DRILLS BURCHILL WITH THE US TITLE!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! NO REFEREE!!

Hardy gets up and stomps over to Nick Patrick, shaking the downed referee, with no response. Hardy picks Burchill up again and goes for the Twist of Fate but Burchill counters into a SECOND ROLLING CUTTER!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! THE CROWD COUNTS TO TEN!! NICK PATRICK FINALLY CRAWLS OVER!! ONE!!!!!!!! TWO!!!!!! THRE----HARDY GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE!!

Burchill looks at Nick Patrick in disbelief before running his hand through his hair. Burchill gets up and questions the referee. Whilst he is doing this, Hardy NAILS HIM WITH A LOW BLOW!! NICK PATRICK DIDN’T SEE IT!!

Hardy grabs Burchill, dragging him to the middle of the ring, before delivering a TWIST OF FATE ONTO THE US TITLE BELT!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! HARDY CHEATS BURCHILL!! STILL THE US CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and STILL United States Champion: Matt Hardy

Falls Count Anywhere:
    Triple H vs. Edge

Triple H, fury evident on his face doesn’t even wait for the bell to ring as he charges at Edge taking him down with a tackle, before unloading on him with a series of vicious rights and lefts

He proceeds to batter Edge all over the ring and out to the ringside area where he grabs a chair and cracks Edge full in the face, busting him open

The beating continues for the next few minutes as Triple H loses himself to rage, bouncing Edge’s head off both announce tables, both sets of ring steps and all four ring posts

With Edge seemingly down for the count, Triple H grabs his Sledghammer and attempts to whack Edge with it but Edge finally gets his first move in, catching Triple H with a low blow to take control of the match

Blood pouring down his face, Edge looks like a mad man as he grabs his own chair and drills it into the ribs of Triple H several times

Edge then waits for Triple H to get to his feet and blasts the chair off his head, busting him open as well. With that the war is well and truly on

Edge and Triple H trade control of the match for the next several minutes as the battle between the two moves up the ramp, into the backstage area, getting several near falls each in the process

Mere moments after they reach the backstage area, Edge hits a DDT on the concrete floor and goes for the cover but TRIPLE H KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Edge continues to draw Triple H towards the parking lot, looking to repeat what he did three weeks ago and put Triple H’s head through a window. However as they reach the parking lot, Triple H retakes control of the match, bouncing Edge’s head off numerous cars around the lot, before spotting a limousine in the corner

He drags Edge towards it but Edge escapes his hold and throws Triple H towards the limo, WITH HIS HEAD GOING THROUGH ONE OF THE SIDE WINDOWS HEAD!! EDGE PULLS HIM OUT AND GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- TRIPLE H KICKS OUT!!

Edge cannot believe it but immediately tries to rectify it by nailing Triple H with his own Pedigree but Triple H counters with A BACK BODY DROP ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR!!

Taking a moment to briefly rest, Triple H grabs Edge and throws him on top of the limousine before climbing up himself

Edge meets him and the two have a brief exchange before a right hand seemingly rocks Triple H backwards. Edge spots his chance and goes for a Spear but TRIPLE H CATCHES HIM WITH A SPINE BUSTER ON THE ROOF OF THE LIMOUSINE!! HOLY SHIT!! THE ROOF OF THE LIMO COLLASPES!!

Referee John Cone cautiously climbs up on the mostly destroyed roof of the limousine and SPOTS THAT TRIPLE H IS COVERING EDGE IN THE WRECKAGE!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! TRIPLE H WINS THE WAR!!

Winner of the Match: Triple H

The Undertaker (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

Mysterio immediately uses his speed and high flying offense, targeting the legs of Undertaker, looking to chop the big man down

However, Taker quickly asserts his dominance by unloading a barrage of rights and lefts, pushing Mysterio into the corner

He then nails Mysterio with a Snake Eyes and Running Boot. He follows it up by DELIVERING A CHOKESLAM BUT MYSTERIO KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Taker then goes for a Tombstone but Mysterio slips out and hits a Drop Kick to Taker’s back, sending him sprawling into the ropes

Mysterio connects with the 619 and goes for a Springboard Cross Body but Taker catches him and slams him to the mat

Mysterio continues to fight on against seemingly impossible odds, refusing to stay down as Taker dominates. The crowd continues to cheer on the masked wrestler, even as he is planted in the middle of the ring with a Last Ride. Mysterio kicks out again to the biggest pop of the night

Taker stares down at Mysterio for a few seconds this time before picking him up, going for the Tombstone for a second time but Mysterio counters again, slipping out again, catching Taker with another Dropkick to the back, sending him back to the ropes

Mysterio hits the 619 for the second time, but this time hits Taker with enough force to send him onto his back

Mysterio immediately jumps to the top rope and GOES FLYING THROUGH THE AIR!! LOOKING FOR THE FROG SPLASH!! BUT TAKER MOVES!! MYSTERIO CRASHES HARD TO THE MAT!!

Taker grabs the downed Mysterio and lifts him up, DELIVERING THE TOMBSTONE, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! UNDERTAKER IS STILL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: The Undertaker

WWE Championship:
    Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Kane

Michaels knows that Kane has a size advantage and as such uses his superior speed and agility to take control at the start of the match

Michaels begins using top rope moves to keep Kane down and one of these backfires as Kane catches Michaels and goes for a chokeslam but Michaels COUNTERS INTO A DDT!! GOES FOR COVER!! KANE POWERS OUT AT TWO!!

Michaels goes bouncing across the ring as Kane gets up. When Michaels gets to his feet, Kane immediately decks him with a right hand that sends him into the corner. Kane unloads a series of rights and left into the ribs of Michaels

Kane dominates from there as Michaels bumps around the ring like a boss for Kane, showcasing his talent for selling. Kane hits a series of power slams, a Big Boot, a Powerbomb and finally a Chokeslam but MICHAELS KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Kane is incensed and immediately grabs John Cone, CHOKESLAMMING THE REFEREE CLEAN OUT OF HIS SHOES!!

Having destroyed the official, Kane turns his attention back to Michaels, only to get CAUGHT BY A SUPERKICK!! MICHAELS GOES FOR THE COVER!! NO REFEREE!!

Jim Korderas comes sprinting down the ramp and makes the count but KANE KICKS OUT AT TWO!!

Michaels is surprised but quickly gets over it and heads over to the corner, tuning up the band

When Kane gets to his feet, Michaels goes for Sweet Chin Music but KANE DUCKS!! Michaels misses his target and Kane takes advantage to HIT A SECOND CHOKESLAM!! GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- MICHAELS GETS A SHOULDER UP!!

Kane immediately grabs Michaels again and HITS A THIRD CHOKESLAM!! GOES FOR THE COVER AGAIN!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE?? JIM KORDERAS IS PULLED OUT OF THE RING BY JOHN CONE!!

The two referees get into an argument at ringside as Kane gets up, wondering why the bell has yet to ring. When he spots the referees arguing, he goes beserk, CHOKESLAMMING JIM KORDERAS AT RINGSIDE!!

John Cone is terrified of Kane as he chases the referee around ringside and back into the ring where Kane is immediately CAUGHT BY ANOTHER SUPERKICK!! MICHAELS GOES FOR THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- KANE KICKS OUT!!

Michaels, shocked that the match is not yet over, ascends to the top rope, GOING FOR THE ELBOW DROP!! IT CONNECTS!! IMMEDIATELY INTO THE COVER!! ONE!! TWO!! THRE- KANE GETS A SHOULDER UP!!

Michaels begins to wonder what it will take to keep Kane down and begins to tune up the band for a second time

Kane gets to his feet and turns DIRECTLY INTO SWEET CHIN MUSIC!! NO!! HE DUCKS AGAIN!! LIFTS MICHAELS UP, DELIVERING A TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING!! ONE!! TWO!! THREE!! WE HAVE A NEW WWE CHAMPION!!

Winner of the Match and NEW WWE Champion: Kane

Royal Rumble:
    Randy Orton vs. Deuce vs. Domino vs. John Morrison vs. Kid Kash vs. Matt Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Bobby Lashley vs. CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle vs. Gregory Helms vs. Batista vs. William Regal vs. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Chris Masters vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito vs. Rory McAllister vs. Test vs. Robbie McAllister vs. Eugene vs. Mark Henry vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Charlie Haas vs. JTG vs. Shad

As entrant number thirty Shelton Benjamin makes his way down the ramp, there are 14 other men still in the ring, making for a total of 15. (Randy Orton, Bobby Lashley, Matt Hardy, CM Punk, Kurt Angle, Batista, William Regal, Shelton Benjamin, RVD, John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Test, Mark Henry, Charlie Haas and Mr. Kennedy)

The WWE Tag Team Champions were eliminated by the World Tag Team Champions as Cryme Tyme eliminated Deuce and Domino. Deuce and Domino would return later on to eliminate Cryme Tyme

Super Crazy eliminated Kid Kash and Psicosis eliminated John Morrison. CM Punk eliminated Super Crazy and Psicosis.

Kurt Angle eliminated Carlito, Chris Masters and Eugene. Mark Henry eliminated Gregory Helms, The Highlanders and Hardcore Holly.

As Benjamin gets in the ring, Test is thrown out by Mark Henry. However, Henry himself is then dumped out by the remaining 13 men in the ring, including the newly arrived Benjamin

Almost immediately, Randy Orton takes advantage of an opportunity and dumps Batista from the match, CM Punk then dumps Orton from the match, much to his shock
    Whilst this is going on, Matt Hardy and William Regal make an alliance, dumping out Bobby Lashley, Charlie Haas and RVD together before personal greed takes control and Regal is dumped out by Hardy

With 7 men left in the match, Kurt Angle catches CM Punk unawares to dump him from the match. Jeff Hardy then dumps his brother out, before Matt climbs quickly back in and throws Jeff out

The final four of the match are Mr. Kennedy, Kurt Angle, Shelton Benjamin and John Cena. Matt Morgan makes a shock appearance to distract John Cena, allowing Kurt Angle to dump Cena out of the match. Cena goes beserk at ringside as Mr. Kennedy dumps Kurt Angle out.

The final two of the 2007 Royal Rumble are Shelton Benjamin and Mr. Kennedy and the two have a short five minute brawl won by Benjamin, who NAILS KENNEDY WITH AN EXPLODER SUPLEX, BEFORE DUMPING HIM OUT OF THE RING TO WIN THE MATCH!!

Winner of the 2007 Royal Rumble: Shelton Benjamin

I'm not happy with the low level of detail on the Rumble match, but I lost this match on two seperate occasions whilst writing it so there you go

Squash Fodder

Status

I didn’t really expect Kash to win this match, but I hope this means that Morrison moves onto bigger things.

I am always a sucker for a mystery man/woman storyline. I believe it to be Mickie James and I think that will be cool with her either on Trish’s side or to turn on her.

Hardy wins by cheating and that means this feud will continue…I think Matt is a good man to get help burchill get over.

Wow…what a battle between Edge and HHH…I could only imagine the finish would have the crowd going crazy…I kinda hope that this is the end of this feud and they move onto other things.

Never really saw Mysterio winning the belt back…I just don’t think the feud was big enough to make a belt change happen…more of a feud to get Mysterio’s rematch out of the way.

Nice!!! I didn’t expect Kane to win this one…Now, the Brothers of Destruction are both the Heavyweight Champions of their brands…I wonder if that is significant.

One of my favorite Shelton Benjamin wins the Rumble and I’m very excited about that…I’m not sure if he is face or heel at this point…I would assume Heel bc he came in #30 and that is usually a heel spot..but then you got Kane as the RAW champ….i would personally love for Shelton to go to SD and have a great encounter with Undertaker.

Thread Information