Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Ray Leppan Memorial Award Ongoing Discussion (Worst Wrestler)

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2018 Ray Leppan Memorial Award Ongoing Discussion (Worst Wrestler)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Don’t you fucking dare insult Dane Cook like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    To be fair i hate dane cook

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I look at Tama Tonga through Adam Rose colored glasses. He’s the perfect winner of this.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    To be fair i hate dane cook
    Gee I couldn’t tell. But I enjoy his comedy so like go take a bath with a toaster oven.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Gee I couldn’t tell. But I enjoy his comedy so like go take a bath with a toaster oven.

I rather stick a fork in the outlet

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

WAKE UP

Status

someone post a Tama Tonga match that demonstrates why he sucks please

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    someone post a Tama Tonga match that demonstrates why he sucks please
    If you watched the Omega match from night 6 the G1, that's supposedly his big match of the year and the only real rival he's had and it was so embarrassingly out of place with the very good matches on that show (night of the tournament arguably).

It'll be a tough one to feel on the same way people watching the G1 in real time felt, but just imagine he does the same shit 10 minute match that you know is full of interference and western BS in all his Block B matches, and then he does the run ins in every Bad Luck Fale match in Block A so there was no escape from the guy. Major pain in the ass during the G1. Plus his promos are very corny.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Tama is awful as a singles guy, my argument against him as WWOTY is the Guerrillas are a good team and have been the majority of the year. Of the Tongans Fale was just as bad as singles & has brought no positives to the table.

Brock is bad. Even in that Bryan match the first half was not good directly because of him. His selling was awesome in the second part but even then the match is essentially the same kind he always has, just with one of the best possible workers for it and since all of his other performances he didn't even try it stood out more. I wouldn't put him as one of the worst of the year though, he has his qualities he brings to the table, and as said people loved his lame & repetitive matches before his booking got so stale (not me though).

I think Corbin fits the bill of "consistently shitty AND pushed" more than anyone. Roode sucks but is currently getting pissed on. For SD my pick would be Nakamura, but in reality it's probably someone from ROH that's the true "worst wrestler".
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    If you watched the Omega match from night 6 the G1, that's supposedly his big match of the year and the only real rival he's had and it was so embarrassingly out of place with the very good matches on that show (night of the tournament arguably).

It'll be a tough one to feel on the same way people watching the G1 in real time felt, but just imagine he does the same shit 10 minute match that you know is full of interference and western BS in all his Block B matches, and then he does the run ins in every Bad Luck Fale match in Block A so there was no escape from the guy. Major pain in the ass during the G1. Plus his promos are very corny.
    watched it. yep, he sucks. his trash talk is Fred Durst level shit

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Brock is bad. Even in that Bryan match the first half was not good directly because of him. His selling was awesome in the second part but even then the match is essentially the same kind he always has, just with one of the best possible workers for it and since all of his other performances he didn't even try it stood out more. I wouldn't put him as one of the worst of the year though, he has his qualities he brings to the table, and as said people loved his lame & repetitive matches before his booking got so stale (not me though).
    I'd argue that. Brock's trash talking was awesome and he used the suplexes, which are normally a sign of him squashing someone like he did against Braun or Cena, to get loads of heat on himself and to get behind Bryan. Not to mention Bryan's stalling was great too. Now you can argue that he was getting go away heat but they went NUTS for Bryan's comeback and I doubt they would've went that crazy for Bryan without the beginning. The first half of the match was the catalyst for a tremendous second half. Without the beginning, the ending isn't as great, IMO so if that's not it being a good first half, then I don't know what is.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I'm not arguing about Bryan first of all, he was phenomenal the whole match and if it was anyone else besides him or AJ it wouldn't have been nearly as good. As for Brock, I'd buy that argument if we hadn't seen all that same stuff a zillion times before. He trash talks in all of his matches. You're nuts if you think the fans weren't going to get behind Bryan no matter what because of all sorts of circumstances, not because Brock built crazy heat in the match itself from nothing. Even your points that are supposed to be positives for him in the first half are literally the same things Brock always does. Bryan brought the match up. Bryan made it memorable. Everything that was good about the match was about Bryan outside of Brock selling which was great & why he isn't a WWOTYC just like I said. But I still don't rate him very highly or think he's special at all in-ring unless he's in there with others way better than him.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm not arguing about Bryan first of all, he was phenomenal the whole match and if it was anyone else besides him or AJ it wouldn't have been nearly as good. As for Brock, I'd buy that argument if we hadn't seen all that same stuff a zillion times before. He trash talks in all of his matches. You're nuts if you think the fans weren't going to get behind Bryan no matter what because of all sorts of circumstances, not because Brock built crazy heat in the match itself from nothing. Even your points that are supposed to be positives for him in the first half are literally the same things Brock always does. Bryan brought the match up. Bryan made it memorable. Everything that was good about the match was about Bryan outside of Brock selling which was great & why he isn't a WWOTYC just like I said. But I still don't rate him very highly or think he's special at all in-ring unless he's in there with others way better than him.
    I know you weren't talking about Bryan, but when you say the first half of the match was bad, I wanted to cover everything great about the first half. While I'm at it, the fear of a squash added a lot of tension and uncertainty to the match which to me was a big part of what made the match great. The fact that he does it all the time but only this time the suplexes didn't work, made the spot work so much better. They trained the fans to think one way (that Bryan's being squashed) then they went another direction (Bryan making a comeback). And you're right about him trash talking all the time but that doesn't mean in this occasion that it can't add to the match, especially when it's with more enthusiasm and isn't half arsed like other times.

Of course they would've gotten behind Bryan during the match anyway but considering he turned heel and his reactions have decreased since returning, I can confidently say that it wouldn't have been as big as it was without Brock. There is no way of telling but I'm just going along with the match and it came across as that way. That's just my thoughts on the match as a whole.

I agree that Brock isn't a great wrestler, at least not any more. He has great matches and has the ability but doesn't show it often enough to justify calling him a great wrestler.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information