Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 10th, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

SD Live WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 10th, 2018

SmackDown LIVE preview: April 10, 2018: How will AJ Styles respond following Shinsuke Nakamura’s betrayal?
    After AJ Styles retained his WWE Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura in a thrilling match at WrestleMania, the WWE Universe was stunned when The King of Strong Style struck The Phenomenal One with a merciless low blow and put the boots to him in a savage assault after the title bout.

What reasoning will WWE’s Rockstar have for his heinous actions? And how will Styles respond?

What does the future hold for the leadership of SmackDown LIVE and the Superstar Shake-up?
    The state of SmackDown LIVE’s management team was certainly in flux leading up to WrestleMania 34. Shane McMahon had announced that he would be taking an indefinite leave of absence as Commissioner of the blue brand, and Daniel Bryan had just been cleared for in-ring competition.

Now that the two have vanquished Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn from SmackDown LIVE for good following their win over The “Yep!” Movement at WrestleMania, what’s next for the Commissioner and General Manager? Will Shane officially return from his leave of absence and what impact will his health issues have on his decision? Will Daniel Bryan continue to split time between the ring and the office? And how will the Superstar Shake-up impact these decisions?

Where does Charlotte go after beating Asuka?
    Having firmly proved that she was indeed ready for Asuka, SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair now stands atop the mountain as the definitive Queen of WWE. Who will step up to challenge Flair? Could we see Naomi, the winner of the first-ever WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal, shine her glow the Queen’s way? Or, could the likes of The Riott Squad or Becky Lynch make a power play for the top spot on Team Blue? And when will Carmella look to strike with her Money in the Bank contract?

Find out tonight at 8/7 C on SmackDown LIVE!

Who will be the light in The Bludgeon Brothers’ new age of darkness?
    After The Bludgeon Brothers defeated The Usos and The New Day to become new SmackDown Tag Team Champions in a dominant performance at WrestleMania, the question must now be posed: Who the heck is gonna stop these guys?

With Harper & Rowan’s new age of darkness now looming heavily over the SmackDown Tag Team division, who will step up to slow down the two behemoths?

Who might debut on SmackDown LIVE after WrestleMania?
    #RawAfterMania saw NXT standouts like The Authors of Pain, No Way Jose and Ember Moon make their debuts on the red brand, but does that mean SmackDown LIVE can expect new faces to arrive as well? Historically, Team Blue has also had its share of surprises, so is it possible SmackDown LIVE will see new faces emerge one week before the Superstar Shake-up?
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 04-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 10th, 2017

Hopefully Bryan stays as GM by himself. No need to replace Shane and I would be surprised if Bryan goes back to wrestling on weekly basis (for now anyway)

Part of me also thinks Carmella will cash in on Charlotte tonight too.

As for callups I reckon the Iconic Duo & Sanity are locks to leave NXT today. Neither have much more to do down there (I mean the Iconic Duo have been MIA on NXT TV for a while now). Cien may go up to in order to give SD a bit more heel presence.

Wouldnt shock me Ohno is the "lol really?" callup too.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Tough job to follow that Raw. I think possible debuts tonight are Sanity, Almas, and The Iconic Duo though there could be a curve ball thrown in there.

I know everyone and their mom is down on Shinsuke but I’m ready for Shinsuke as a heel. He’s at least got to feel some sort pressure to deliver in this role.

Carmella cashing in is a good shout too.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Hopefully Bryan stays as GM by himself. No need to replace Shane and I would be surprised if Bryan goes back to wrestling on weekly basis (for now anyway)
    Read that again.

Part of me also thinks Carmella will cash in on Charlotte tonight too.
    You know what, they've made it past mania with this so they should try to tell a story with the briefcase that they've never managed to tell before where the 1 year expiry is on the horizon, Carmella has held it too long and is desperately running out of time to cash in so she attempts on every show, TV and house, and either she chickens out of it or someone prevents her from doing it. Get a countdown clock going, days left for Carmella to cash in, make it a thing on twitter, she's got enough fanboys to make it a thing. Let it run to the final day I say.

As for callups I reckon the Iconic Duo & Sanity are locks to leave NXT today. Neither have much more to do down there (I mean the Iconic Duo have been MIA on NXT TV for a while now). Cien may go up to in order to give SD a bit more heel presence.
    Iconic Duo do fit the bill because rather like No Way Jose they just haven't been used on TV and have just been biding their time waiting for a callup. Personally, they should of been called up at the end of 2017, not the Riott Squad, and that worries me because Riott Squad AND the Iconic Duo feels like too many heel units. Shakeup could always move some Riott Squad along to Raw.

Also, Billie not being in the battle royal was really weird, I know she had a boob job recently but she wrestled on Axcess so she's cleared to go. Perhaps she hurt herself this weekend.

Sanity feel like a lock to me to be on that show, and that means there might be fewer surprises on this show because that's 4 talents in one callup and it's only a 2 hour show.

I hold out hope for Andrade and Zelina because they'd be fantastic on SD Live and with KO and Zayn gone you're leaving Nakamura as the only main event heel on this show (again the shakeup would change that anyway, but he'd be a great use to this roster), but I can see Triple H wanting to keep them.

Wouldnt shock me Ohno is the "lol really?" callup too.
    Oh it would really shock me if Ohno showed up on the main roster. I believe he's never getting called up.

In terms of that's a bit early callup aka like Elias, I really wouldn't be surprised if Bianca Belair was that callup because they are that high on her as a homegrown talent and they let her have the biggest moment of that battle royal other than Bayley's turn on Sasha. Plus they seem to be heating up Lacey Evans as the #2 heel on the NXT roster. Sure Belair is picking up these squash wins but she has zero storylines going on.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 10th, 2018

I am super happy no-one pointed out that I accidentally titled this thread with '2017' instead of '2018.' As I'll do for the rest of the week after my usual mistakes, I'll blame jetlag.

Feel like Sanity's a sure-fire callup, with maaaaybe Iconic Duo to arrive too. Andrade Almas, I feel, might stay down in NXT for a month or two longer - finish up his business with Aleister Black, and Drew McIntyre hinted on the pre-show that he'll be back in NXT soon to kick Almas several times, sooooo shrug emoji.

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Read that again.
    What was wrong with it? may have just been badly worded. Judging by Wolfs post there's is no guarantee when Shane will be coming back (and personally I hope he doesn't) nor is there a reason to replace him as the commissioner. Also while Bryan has been cleared to compete I don't see him going back into a full time wrestling role just yet (so instead staying on as GM and doing the odd match here and there). Unless I've missed something that could totally be the case right now

You know what, they've made it past mania with this so they should try to tell a story with the briefcase that they've never managed to tell before where the 1 year expiry is on the horizon, Carmella has held it too long and is desperately running out of time to cash in so she attempts on every show, TV and house, and either she chickens out of it or someone prevents her from doing it. Get a countdown clock going, days left for Carmella to cash in, make it a thing on twitter, she's got enough fanboys to make it a thing. Let it run to the final day I say.
    That would be mega fun. Certainly would be a welcome change to the 'cash in when they are down' story we see rehashed all the time.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Oh God please don't have Carmella win tonight. It would be a mega buzz kill after Charlotte had one of the greatest matches of her life against Asuka, to drop it to Carmella who's greatest rival is herself tripping over her Shoe Laces. At this point I'll just take her losing it and seeing what the call ups and shake up do for the division, but Carmella vs Charlotte please no.

Tonight is the start of heel Shinsuke, first time seeing it personally. I didn't watch NJPW too much, I restarted watching the company right around the time he was signed by WWE so has he been a heel before and was it successful? Anyways Shinsuke is always charismatic, just wanna see how he explains low blowing AJ in the nuts making Kayla sad.

The future of Bryan really interest me as well, are we going full blown Daniel Bryan or is his Wrestling going to be here and there be a relaxed schedule hmm.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

I didn't hear no bell!!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

In terms of that's a bit early callup aka like Elias, I really wouldn't be surprised if Bianca Belair was that callup because they are that high on her as a homegrown talent and they let her have the biggest moment of that battle royal other than Bayley's turn on Sasha. Plus they seem to be heating up Lacey Evans as the #2 heel on the NXT roster. Sure Belair is picking up these squash wins but she has zero storylines going on.
    Sign me up for that. Would love to see Bianca Belair get fast tracked to the main roster. Been impressed by her in the short spurts I've seen of her in NXT.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Lucky Nakamura turned heel because that's the only thing that interests me with Nakamura now. His run in WWE has been really poor and hopefully this will change that.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Wonder if Paige will be considered for the GM kind of role..probably be a bit far fetched but you never know. As for call ups I would certainly expect Sanity to come up though I do expect to see Iconic Duo arrive, in which case would 3 women in one swoop be too much again?

As for a "really" or "too soon" call up..what about Lars? SD could do with a dominant monster so could be a massive outside bet.
    I have a plan so cunning......

The EST of WC

Status

Nah fuck calling Bianca up early. I really want them to take their time with her. So much potential but needs time to hone it properly.

I can totally see them calling up Lars early though. He’s certainly someone who would catch Vinces eye.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Lars would totally work right now. They nailed his presentation so well as of late that I truly believe it’s main roster ready.

I’d rather not have Paige in an authority role. It sounded like she’s just going to take an absence from the wrestling world plus too much more of her on TV and the pedals would fall off the rose after the speech last night.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

I'm almost certain if there is a new GM, it's Jeff Jarrett. Road Dogg has the book on SD so would of pushed for it hard, they've made more of a deal out of Jarrett in the HOF than even Goldberg if you look at all those youtube videos they put out, and then they mentioned TNA on TV last night.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Plus PW Insider reported on the likelihood of it being Jarrett like a week ago.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Western Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm almost certain if there is a new GM, it's Jeff Jarrett. Road Dogg has the book on SD so would of pushed for it hard, they've made more of a deal out of Jarrett in the HOF than even Goldberg if you look at all those youtube videos they put out, and then they mentioned TNA on TV last night.
    Double J could work, given he's kind of experienced in that type of role. He'd work better as a heel GM though...so would need Shane about to be the face to that heel :/
    I have a plan so cunning......

Say My Name

Status

Interesting that nobody has mentioned Gargano. What about if the stip that he could return to NXT was just a big swerve? I mean he's ready to be called up.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

I was thinking about Lars as a possibility last night. I think he's totally roster ready and isn't one of those guys who needs an NXT title run to prep him for the big time.

If the Duo gets called up I'm back to watching Smackdown every week so I can cry to myself as I watch them get totally fucked up by main roster booking.

Taptalmatic

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Interesting that nobody has mentioned Gargano. What about if the stip that he could return to NXT was just a big swerve? I mean he's ready to be called up.
    I feel like that would have to be a case of Gargano deciding to move on from NXT itself and cutting a leaving promo during the next set of tapings letting the fans know that despite everything he feels like it’s time to explore new opportunies.

Say My Name

Status

Shane's extended absence didn't last long then
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Shane still hopping around like the Easter Bunny the strength of this man.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information