Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 10th, 2018

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 10th, 2018

Only a true wrestling fan could find a way to complain about getting AJ/Bryan on free television.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Western Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Considering the DQ finish it's a good thing it wasn't advertised. I would be very disappointed if I had to wait a week to see this match only for it to end without a winner.

#WC4Horsemen

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

I'm with Jim.

I don't really watch weeklies much at all but I would've 100% tuned in for Styles/Bryan. Should've advertised imo.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Styles vs. Bryan is not that big. It is not Goldberg winning WCW from Hogan.

Bryan is going to RAW and that is it. He is not leaving the company. If he is not going to resign I will shave my head and eat my hair.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    So Raw got Lashley, Jose, AoP, and Moon.

Smackdown got the Iconics.

My personal favoritism for ambiguously gay Australian gal pals aside its really looking like that good ol fashioned Raw favoritism is back in full swing. Maybe the shakeup will net Smackdown another call-up or two.
    SmackDown looks way better to me. Jose is Adam Rose, Lashley is still a charisma vacuum, I loved Ember's role in the tag match but character-wise she's got an uphill struggle on RAW and AOP not being in the tag tournament was the wrong decision. Meanwhile, Iconic cut a scathing promo and delivered an epic beat down - four act's showed up on RAW and did little to establish themselves on a stacked roster, one act showed up on SmackDown and immediately proved themselves a force to be reckoned with. Obviously it's all about the follow up but going off purely first impressions, SmackDown got the better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    They could use next week to bring Big Cass/Dean Ambrose back on SmackDown if they're ready to go.
    Isn't Ambrose out until SummerSlam?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'm not suggesting to hold off for months for it, but like...how about an one week build so that everyone knows that the match is going to happen? This sort of move is something TNA and WCW has been criticized for doing.
    The difference is that TNA and WCW did/do this shit consistently week after week and kill(ed) their own business, this was a one-off unadvertised match on the SmackDown after Mania - if you're a wrestling fan and not watching this particular episode that's your fault not WWE's. WrestleMania isn't just one night anymore; it runs from Friday to Tuesday and if they sell it as such, if you're not watching then you'll miss out and you know that. If this was any other week, yes, I'd agree with you, but I don't watch weekly shows normally and still checked in on these two shows because I knew I'd be getting something worthwhile. Advance advertising might have bumped the rating a little but this was used to do two things; get Paige over as a GM who books must-see matches and get Shinsuke over as a shithole heel who will ruin your night if he's not the focus - it achieved both of those things. It also wasn't Bryan and Style going full throttle. It gave me enough to enjoy it and started shifting gear just before Nakamura cut it off, making me want to see it happen without interruption in the future and giving them another selling point for it. This worked really well and while I understand your criticism of it, I think on this night (more than any other) they can get away with this kind of thing.

Overall I thought this whole show was great and far better than the underwhelming RAW from the night before. RAW had lots of things happen but nothing of real consequence (outside of the announcement that Roman's getting a rematch for the title and is mad about it for some reason) whereas here we got a new GM, set up for the next couple of Network Specials, a debut, a cash-in and title change, a dream match and a ton of character development - I even really liked the Naomi vs. Natalya match that others weren't high on. I have literally nothing bad to say about this episode outside of Mike Chioda being a total asshat and taking too long to understand a cash-in was happening and almost making that moment look shitty - but even that didn't manage to totally ruin Carmella's moment or make Charlotte look like a chump.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Jose is 15 times the wrestler and personality Adam Rose was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Bit disappointed we only got to see The Iconics get moved up. I do wonder if we'll see more movement next week when the shakeup happens..thought that's probably a given.

I called Paige as GM last night so not shocked about that one at all. Her voice kind of grates me on so I hope she doesn't do too much speaking...and she needs to be heel haha. The in-ring work on the show was ok as it progressed storylines however nobody wants to see Orton vs Mahal again, so who had that smart idea I wonder?

I am surprised they gave us a taster of AJ vs D-Bry but Naka had to interfere...so this is obviously leading to a triple threat match...can you imagine how good that "could" be?
    I have a plan so cunning......

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Yeah surprised there wern't many more suprises on the show but it is what it is (I at least expected Sanity to show up since they've got nothing left for them in NXT).

Eh on Paige as GM.

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! what the fuck was up with Chioda during the cash in did he not know if it was legit or something? what a botch from him. Still fun cash in and hilarious moment. Doubt Carmella will hold the title for long but i'm sure we will get some fun promos out of her while she is holding it....Also ICONIC SHIT!!! glad to see them finally go up.

As for Bryan/AJ being given away on free TV, I get the complaints but i don't think they are warrented. Its really not that big of a deal and its not like it was ever gonna be more than a 10 min story enhancer match. Neither guy was ever gonna go into 3rd gear ad try and provide an epic encounter. They can easily build the match later on down the line for a PPV where both men can really go for it.

Oh and:

Best thing he's done in the WWE since his match with Sami Zayn

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Looking back I really liked Smackdown breaking things down in my tired heard right now. Granted I hope Smackdown keeps all that talent especially in the Midcard and World Title spots, but the likelihood of all that happening is slim. When it comes to the ladies, the Iconic Duo really made an impact night one, just hope WWE let's them do that on a consistent basis. I wonder what will WWE do with Carmella as Champion, because we know she'll talk up a storm for a program, but bare bones of it she's garbage in the ring. I wonder how long WWE will be able to hide her weaknesses, and I think with Charlotte dealing with her own issues, maybe Carmella's first feud is going to be with a talent from Raw like maybe Asuke or Bayley? I think WWE loves Sasha too much to have her leave Raw, Asuka or Bayley seems more likely to me.

When it comes to the Nakamura/Styles feud going on right now, why didn't they do that with him the moment he showed up on Smackdown. Nakamura's promo downright hilarious and one his best moments since coming to WWE. I got too emotional again sorry AJ, give me more of that and Styles vs Nakamura 2 is going to blow away their Wrestlemania Match no doubt.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Chioda was great there. Legit had me thinking it was another faux cash-in
    Poor Chioda told to act retarded during this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smackage View Post
    Jose is 15 times the wrestler and personality Adam Rose was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This.

Also I think people are overrating the Iconics promo. And I love the Iconics.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The Iconic Duo were the best performance of any of the NXT callups don't @ me. The promos were awesome & I think both will help the SD division in-ring, especially Kay. Their attack ruled.
    lol with the don't @ me, that's hardly a hot take or controversial opinion, Dylan. They were booked to be the callup that had the most impact by attacking a champion and causing her to lose her title, they were the callup that were allowed the most promo time, and they were the only callup on SD compared to 6 debuts and returns on Raw all vying for attention. They sure did do better than the 1 minute squash matches No Way Jose and AOP had. It was a good night for them, they did well, pleased the crowd were into it, but they got more opportunities than most of the new superstars did.

Happy for Carmella, no she's not the best wrestler but she's worked hard on her character and has some charisma and finds herself a bigger deal than Enzo and Cass now less than 2 years after her call up. I will be annoyed if this is a short ass reign and the streak was given up for a quick Carmella transition reign.

God I hate that I like heel Shinsuke Nakamura because he had broken his final straw with me at mania, but already this is ten times better than his previous year on SD. His sarcastic demeanor is the best way to get any kind of promo work out of him, and already he's picking up some genuine heat when he was beloved not too long ago. Final final chance to be a hit on this show, but we're off to a good start.

The Bryan/AJ match was a joy to watch, so good to have him back.

Also, Smackdown got their highest rating in a year, so not all doom and gloom on the non-advertised dream match front.
    Last edited by Ed; 04-11-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Thread Information