Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brock Lesnar signs new WWE deal

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Brock Lesnar signs new WWE deal

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Kenny is better...way better. And hes over with the audiences he wrestles in front of.
    to his credit he does actually get the right reaction

both are the pits tho my man

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

People's Champion

Status

It would be halirious if Reigns wins and the Saudi crowd boos him too.

I dont get whats Vinces obsession is with Reigns. More of the world was watching WM because of Rousey and the main event looked horrible with the crowd booing and making fun of the match. It looks bad trying to draw in new fans and that happens.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    It would be halirious if Reigns wins and the Saudi crowd boos him too.

I dont get whats Vinces obsession is with Reigns. More of the world was watching WM because of Rousey and the main event looked horrible with the crowd booing and making fun of the match. It looks bad trying to draw in new fans and that happens.
    What I enjoy is some random Roman defenders (or more accurately Roman booking defenders) tried saying how disgraceful the crowd was. Weren't they pretty much on the ball the entire night? They were far from a disrespectful crowd until that match, from my recollection. Though I'm open to being proven wrong if I missed something.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Nah man, you got it right. The entire show and really the entire week of shows - from Friday to Tuesday - the crowds were always great; no bullshit, no beachballs, just excitement and respect, the closest thing to disrespect for the performers in the ring was on 205 Live and that was unavoidable after such a long week and a guy passing out in the floorseats.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Nah man, you got it right. The entire show and really the entire week of shows - from Friday to Tuesday - the crowds were always great; no bullshit, no beachballs, just excitement and respect, the closest thing to disrespect for the performers in the ring was on 205 Live and that was unavoidable after such a long week and a guy passing out in the floorseats.
    Bingo. But they prefer to push the "passionate fans booing people they normally cheer" schtick. Maybe there was a time this was accurate, but for the most part, it doesn't really apply these days.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

They just entirely set themselves up for it.

We all knew the crowd would be hostile.

We all knew what the main event was for well over a year.

A very large (And vocal) majority didn't want the match, and hated the booking for both the wrestlers.

And when you take all that into account, and still go through with it, and have this match on after over SIX hours of people sitting in the stands watching...Well, no shit you're going to get that reaction.

And like I said...Okay, let's say on this strange assumption that they can just keep trying this until they find a crowd okay with it (Why would people open up more to something that's been rejected for years? Wouldn't they get more sick of it?). Let's say it's Saudi Arabia crowd not only is okay with it, but for some reason, loves it. Roman wins his title (Or not, who really has a clue at this point), and the show closes. Then they go right back to arenas that are filled with "Roman sucks", "Boring", "You can't wrestle", and "CM Punk" chants. Crowds that are going to be even more mad than they were before for keeping this going on.

It just seems at this point, Vince is so set in his mind that this is what is happening, this is what's going to work, and by god, one way or another people will love it.

Also, to contribute to this a bit. Had a spat on Youtube earlier to a group of people who genuinely think Roman is one of the best in the world, and that vanilla midgets can't sell. I'm pretty sure Kevin Nash was who I was arguing with.

Me: Okada, Omega, Daniel Bryan, Asuka, Io Shirai, Kairi Sane, Kota Ibushi, Donavan Dijak, Tetsuya Naito, Nakamura, Styles, and Samoa Joe are all leagues above Roman Reigns. And the list goes on.

When Roman performs a 5 star match, we can talk. Omega has performed in multiple SIX star matches."

Them: What they can all wrestle? Do crazy backflips? All come from Indy scenes? that's makes them better then Roman reigns? Wrestling isn't only about the moves it's gimmick, promos it's about being a star Roman has been performing and cutting promos infornt of 20,00 + people everyweek he has the right look,as soon as his theme hits everyone is on their feet,he is the most talked about guy in wrestling he has the highest merch sales, he is improving year on year and He has sold out Wrestlemainas with over 100,00 people. And yes to an extent he is being overly pushed but I guarantee he is better then every person there the only other person that comes close is styles and maybe Samoa joe. Them backstreet highflying midgits wouldn't even make it in the WWE mid card maybe That Kenny guy that's about it

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Bingo. But they prefer to push the "passionate fans booing people they normally cheer" schtick. Maybe there was a time this was accurate, but for the most part, it doesn't really apply these days.
    It's so gross how at the start of the post-Mania shows they have the commentary team tell everyone at home how the crowd is clearly derailing the show (even when they aren't) just for fun, as if it excuses them from being bad at booking the show in the first place so that the fans won't derail it. The crowd this year was excellent and shit only on Roman and Brock because of the terrible booking. WWE needs to start taking responsibility for the shit it fucks up.

...v4nye man, don't argue with people on YouTube, that way madness lies.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

The WWE making Roman lose at Mania just so Heyman gets to slam a cage door in Brock's face!!

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Roman lost clean to Lesnar. Why should anyone buy him as the Champ now?

This is the WWE's fault for booking Reigns they way they do and booking that match the way they did. Why not just have Reigns go out there and kick the shit out Lesnar? Instead of this ridiculous and boring finisher fest? Also the superman punch in a fucking joke.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Also the superman punch in a fucking joke.
    I dunno, man. Michael Cole always sounds so shocked when Roman breaks out the superman punch.

Sweet Meat

Status

For me, it's a lot like what Shock said (who knew I'd agree with Shock, especially about Roman )

As much as I don't enjoy Roman as a performer (his promos are the shits, his character blows, his selling sucks half the time, etc.) most of it is forgivable in a good match. But the length the WWE went to put Brock and Roman over every single other person, halting their momentum in the process, is just absurd. People talked about how guys would work with Cena then move down the card, but it was never such a deathgrip on the roster as the Roman/Brock year has been. Joe felt like an organic superstar for a month then he lost to one F5 and that was that. Look at Braun. etc. People are bound to move down the card some once they're out of a top program, but the refusal to act on any legitimate organic excitement for a year because you just HAD to book a rematch most didn't want to see is just baffling.

Spoiler:

Brick Shithouse

Status

To further on your point Dook, I think the Roman Vs Brock thing is really similar to the affect Cena Vs Rock from Wrestlemania 29 had. WWE were absolutely set in stone with that as their title match pretty much since the end of Wrestlemania 28. So when someone got organically over like Ryback did, they refused to capitalise on it. Same thing happened with Braun last year.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

On Vacation

Status

For me, it's a lot like what Shock said (who knew I'd agree with Shock, especially about Roman )

As much as I don't enjoy Roman as a performer (his promos are the shits, his character blows, his selling sucks half the time, etc.) most of it is forgivable in a good match. But the length the WWE went to put Brock and Roman over every single other person, halting their momentum in the process, is just absurd. People talked about how guys would work with Cena then move down the card, but it was never such a deathgrip on the roster as the Roman/Brock year has been. Joe felt like an organic superstar for a month then he lost to one F5 and that was that. Look at Braun. etc. People are bound to move down the card some once they're out of a top program, but the refusal to act on any legitimate organic excitement for a year because you just HAD to book a rematch most didn't want to see is just baffling.
    And it's been like this for so long now, and shows zero sign of it going away.

Like I said, Vince is just hell bent on making this work. At all costs.

And honestly? I'm not even sure why. Yes, he's samoan, so that gets Vince all hot and bothered. But he isn't that big and muscular. Huge compared to an average joe? Sure. But compared to a large portion of the roster? Not at all. And huge speculation on the reason he still wears his flak jacket is because Vince doesn't think he looks good enough shirtless. Not to mention, he's pushed as being so strong, this super human strong guy. Yet he has trouble doing power moves historically. Numerous instances of such, usually with things involving the school boy powerbomb.

And overall? He's just not that good. Hogan, Stone Cold, Rock, and Cena all were far from brilliant mat technicians, but they all could draw and were able to work the mic like none other. Roman? Not so much. He has an okay promo here and there, but for the most part they are corny and feel forced and not organic at all.

And yeah, like you said Shock.

They have a wealth of talent that is getting over organically, and could have far better matches with them. But Vince is just so bull headed and set on what he wants, at the expense of the viewer.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    To further on your point Dook, I think the Roman Vs Brock thing is really similar to the affect Cena Vs Rock from Wrestlemania 29 had. WWE were absolutely set in stone with that as their title match pretty much since the end of Wrestlemania 28. So when someone got organically over like Ryback did, they refused to capitalise on it. Same thing happened with Braun last year.

I can see that and yeah, there's definitely a similar vibe. Though even that I feel is far less detrimental because Cena's 'heat' has always been considerably different to Roman's and Rock was obviously very, very popular.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

I can see that and yeah, there's definitely a similar vibe. Though even that I feel is far less detrimental because Cena's 'heat' has always been considerably different to Roman's and Rock was obviously very, very popular.
    Cena still has a ton of people who cheer for him in most arenas, and was still quite over.

At worst, it was at least still 35% or so of the arena cheering for him, except on certain events and venues.

Cena also is better on the mic by a longshot, has a better character, is considerably better in the ring, and has done decent adapting over the years.

I won't deny the fact I am a big Lesnar fan. I have been since he debuted...But he's been flat out awful boring as of late. His move set got completely nerfed, and now it's just the suplexes, knees, elbows, and F-5s. Back during his feud with Benoit and Angle, he used to have a pretty decent amount of stuff he did. But he honestly, these days? Doesn't seem to care at all. Though, I still find it entertaining when he cusses in the ring.

Also, the few times they let him speak, I actually find it pretty good. I think he's a bit better on the mic than people give him credit for.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Oh yeah, absolutely, I meant more in terms of how it derailed a popular up and coming star (Ryback and Braun). Though it was worse in Ryback's case because he never recovered from his booking in early 2013. Braun will be fine, I think.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Always was told that Lesnar's contract was ending in August. This is not a new deal, they just announced it as a new deal.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Insideyourhead View Post
    Always was told that Lesnar's contract was ending in August. This is not a new deal, they just announced it as a new deal.
    Can you source this info?

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Underdog

Status
      Country                    France

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Can you source this info?
    As far as I understood it, WWE had the rights / option to extend Lesnar's contract to end in August. So officially it was to end after Wrestlemania, but WWE could exercise their option to extend. Dave Meltzer was reporting this as far back as October 2017

HOWEVER

Meltzer now reports that this is not a contract extension, it's a separate deal at a higher rate. It is not a one match deal (it doesn't reference number) but does end before Summerslam in August.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...tract-expires/

Conquering the Land of the Giants - A WWF 1993 BTB

On Vacation

Status

I'm pretty sure he'll get an extension, as well.

Lesnar just plays the field with WWE and UFC, and has for years.

And Vince is going to keep throwing ridiculous amounts of money at him, because he loves big sweaty men, and the fact he has him and not Dana.

Thread Information